8.6

Watch Now
Buy on

1. Dec 4, 2012
    It is a beautiful but strange world. Fascinating environment that is eerie, elegant music that is mysterious, lovely children that is under external control, dramatic plot and touching ending depict a unprecedented world in the game of bioshock. Maybe, this is the most artistic violent game, almost all would be "shocked" after finishing this game. Maybe, this is the game with the deepestIt is a beautiful but strange world. Fascinating environment that is eerie, elegant music that is mysterious, lovely children that is under external control, dramatic plot and touching ending depict a unprecedented world in the game of bioshock. Maybe, this is the most artistic violent game, almost all would be "shocked" after finishing this game. Maybe, this is the game with the deepest content. 9.7/10 from IGN really says it all.(My rating: 10/10 absolutely) Expand
  2. AMikeS.
    Aug 21, 2007
    The closest thing to actually being in a movie released so far. An incredible piece of interactive fiction.
  3. HarrieH
    Jan 3, 2010
    Bioshock is one of the best games I've ever played, game play, storyline, sound, and graphics all top notch, loved the water effects. I've played it several times through, always found content I missed before. Can't wait for BS2!
  4. DavidM.
    Sep 1, 2007
    Essentially an overrated and glitchy remake of System Shock 2. It has some pretty graphics, where they work, but it is very linear, has little atmosphere and feels clunky to play.
  5. May 25, 2012
    I'll begin by saying that BioShock in general is a very nice FPS game. It starts off relatively slow and mediocre, but after first few areas the experience becomes rich as you acquire a lot of weapons and special powers. BioShock definitely has some distinct strengths and a handful of weaknesses too. The strengths. It has a very unique graphics style, with bright colours, which give lifeI'll begin by saying that BioShock in general is a very nice FPS game. It starts off relatively slow and mediocre, but after first few areas the experience becomes rich as you acquire a lot of weapons and special powers. BioShock definitely has some distinct strengths and a handful of weaknesses too. The strengths. It has a very unique graphics style, with bright colours, which give life to the characters. As mentioned already, there are a lot of cool and different special powers, buffs, and types of ammo which add loads of variation to combat, hence keeping it fun and fresh for the most part. The hacking mini-game is also immensely fun. This is perhaps the best hacking mini-game I have ever had to play, because I almost never got bored of it. The game also has an interesting backstory with some memorable characters and quotes. Heck, everything in the game has personality, even the vending machines. However, despite the good story, the storytelling itself is a bit average, and this brings me to the weaknesses. The reason I say the storytelling is average is because most of the story you uncover by listening to various audio tapes instead of experiencing the story as you go along. Another minor weakness is that I felt the health and EVE bars were a bit too small (even with upgrades). Whenever I fought 2 or more enemies, or one strong enemy, I literally had to keep pressing the medkit button to keep healing myself repeatedly, which takes away from the fun of combat. Likewise for the EVE bar as well. After a couple of shots of your special powers, your character had to inject himself with more EVE. And the last weakness I'll mention is that the level design in certain areas was kind of subpar. The colours and the environments are nice, but it's the structure itself that I have an issue with. Like some areas looked too repetitive whichever way you went (Arcadia anyone?) and also some other areas were a bit too big and confusing (Fort Frolic anyone?). And the map wasn't particularly too helpful when navigating through multiple floors. So, despite the few weaknesses the game has, I think its strengths by far outweigh them, because it generally manages to deliver the fun factor (although I find the average critic score to be a tad too high). Expand
  6. Feb 20, 2019
    Simply a masterpiece. There's nothing wrong with this game. Pickens approves! So, I think there's only one more thing to say... would you kindly play this game?
  7. Jun 17, 2020
    I wish I could forget this game and get to experience it for the first time again
  8. Jan 28, 2013
    This game has hundreds and hundreds of pros, and only one or two cons. Let's start with the cons, since there are less. Although the enemy AI is fairly intelligent, they think as tactically as a genetic abomination can, and the artwork involved in them is astounding. On the other hand, you spend so much time fighting them it gets a bit repetitive which does make it kind of boring. TheThis game has hundreds and hundreds of pros, and only one or two cons. Let's start with the cons, since there are less. Although the enemy AI is fairly intelligent, they think as tactically as a genetic abomination can, and the artwork involved in them is astounding. On the other hand, you spend so much time fighting them it gets a bit repetitive which does make it kind of boring. The scavenging for materials in this game is essential to it, but I found it a bit annoying because you need so much ammo for so many different guns plus eve and first aid kits, but still bearable. Then there are the pros. First of all, the sound is great. The sounds of Rapture are always swimming around your mind, accompanied with the crazy screams of splicers and big daddies and little sisters. The atmosphere is extremely creepy and enveloping, combined with the fact that just a few splicers can be such a huge threat makes you always want to watch your back and immerses you in the game. The plot is very intricate and although hard to follow, if you research the game a little and listen to the diaries you find yourself surrounded by the vast history of Rapture, even though the city didn't get very far. Andrew Ryan and Frank Fontaine are the perfect anatagonists for the story since they are both wicked and evil and make you want to hate them but also make you interested in them. The graphics are great, especially for a 2007 game, and the details in some of the splicers and the ruins of Rapture is insane. The game has two endings which are decided by how many little sisters you rescue/harvest and although this isn't that impressive, the choice of either rescuing or harvesting them pops up as many times as you fend off those big daddies and can prove a challenge to decide at times. Other times you're so enraged by all the times you had to jump out of the vita-lyzer and waste even more ammo on the big daddy you don't even care anymore. The weapons and plasmids are interesting, but it's obviously the plasmids that shine and make the game even more innovative.You have many plasmids to choose from, and eventually get so many you need to start strategically thinking which to put in your plasmid slots every time you pass a gene bank. There are many different times and places to use the plasmids and can provide an extremely strategic advantage or barely damage your adversary depending on how you use it. The weapons aren't bad either, and as you progress the game you get a few more pop up and can be upgraded using power to the people stations. Overall the game is fun, (although repetitive) and keeps you moving (although you sometimes just want a break.) Bioshock is a great game, and if you haven't bought it, still might be worth the buy. Expand
  9. Mar 27, 2013
    In my opinion, one of the finest games ever made. My inexperience at explaining will never this game justice. The pure statisfaction and depth most games are missing is found in abundance here.
  10. Jul 18, 2015
    This game is hard to judge. It starts of pretty good with an interesting premise, world and game mechanics, but ultimately, it does not deliver, as it jumps to the levels of tediousness and mediocrity in all of these areas.

Premise: The story is told in a series of diaries that you have to find while exploring Rapture. It's pretty basic and most of the things you're gonna hear are not

Premise:
    The story is told in a series of diaries that you have to find while exploring Rapture. It's pretty basic and most of the things you're gonna hear are not important. Also, it's annoying that there's a diary around every corner, so you have to stop everywhere and listen to those tracks, it breaks the flow of the game play. In Deus Ex, I did not mind stopping at each and every computer and hacking everything because it was fun and you were rewarded with codes etc., here it's just redundant and boring.

World:
    To be honest, I am no sucker for underwater towns, so while I can appreciate the art direction and such, it is hard not to see that all areas are fairly similar and all of the enemies are just light variations, so you'll be going through the levels killing the same enemies over and over again.

The levels tend to be quite large and give you some room to explore which is something I like about this game, but ultimately ... there is not much to find. Yeah, you can find another Plasmid or Tonic here and there, but you'll find so many of these that they do not feel like unique upgrades. You'll have full equips and tons of spare ones that you're never going to use. Wouldn't it be better to have 5 actually usable ones that can be used all the time rather than having 15 or such out of which more than half is useless?

Game mechanics:
    The Little Sisters mechanic can get pretty annoying, as sometimes you have to wait a long time for them to appear and if they see you, they can climb back into the holes and you have to repeat the process over and over again which is not fun. Also, the choice is meaningless as saving the girls gives you much better stuff overall so there is not point in killing them.

Another problem is that in spite of having a large choice of ways to deal with enemies, using your weapons is a much more better choice rather than awkwardly trying to zap enemies (or using plasmids in general). Weapons are sure to kill. Especially your wrench. I practically use the wrench all the time and leave the guns for rare causes when wrench is not enough. The game even supports this style of game play by giving you wrench upgrades and limiting the ammo you can get. So, you'll be using a few weapons throughout the whole game and even though you have tons of other options to choose from, you will not use them, there is no reason to do so.

The hacking is quite nice, but gets tedious later on and sometimes the generated puzzle cannot be solved. Some more testing would have been nice.

What I actually like, though, is the fact that you can take photos of enemies to analyze them and get bonuses for doing so. It's fun trying to take photos, even though the enemies all look so similar that you can never be sure which you've already photographed.

Final verdict:
    Let's sum this up, this game tries to come up with a lot of ideas, such as unique plasmids, photography etc., but never goes anywhere with them. That means that the initial feeling of enthusiasm towards this game disappears and you're left with a game that's full of: walking through similar areas, fighting the same enemies over and over again and using like 3 weapons through the whole course of the game.
    Unfortunately, I got bored in like 1/3 through the game already, but I kept playing and that meant that all the faults and boredom became even more tedious. Right now, I've finished 50% of the game and I haven't had much fun with this.

I'll probably finish this game, but I highly doubt that my rating is gonna change, I'll update this review in case it does, though. 6/10

Edit: Okay, I beat the game.
    There was another part that I liked, Fort Frolic. The penultimate level was also quite interesting, because you had to work with Little Sisters, but it dragged on for way too long, because they walk too slow.
    The ending video is nice.

However, I have become so strong with my wrench that not even Big Daddies could damage me at this point with the Freeze upgrade + Health recovery, so the rest of the game was super easy. No interesting bosses, no interesting enemies, no interesting upgrades (only improved versions of the ones you have making the older one quite useless) ...

I didn't like the "plot twist" with Atlas and the areas revolving him, as it was obvious from the beginning that he was a bad guy. Would've been more interesting if they did something different.

The final boss was simply lame, I wrenched him in like 20 seconds.

So, in the end, it's still a decent game, but I am not changing my score of 6/10.
    Hopefully, Bioshock 2 will be better.
  11. May 15, 2018
    One of the finest first person horror games I've ever played. The final 30 minutes of the game are bit disappointing, but everything else is just stellar.
  12. Oct 13, 2019
    This is one of the best video games I have ever played in my life. The entire Bioshock series is replayable and beautiful the whole way through. I have beat this probably at least 8 times and I will likely play it many more times before I die. It's an absolute masterpiece and I am very thankful to have been able to play this game.
  13. Nov 15, 2019
    Outstanding game :) every aspect of the game is great !!
    The first one in the series has the best story :)
  14. Jun 20, 2020
    Incredible graphics (at the time) combined with an incredible story. It's hard to find a game that builds a world as effectively as Bioshock does. Only slight miss is the combat, which gets incredibly easy halfway through.
  15. DanielF.
    Sep 21, 2009
    Calling Bioshock, any specific genre, is an insult to this magnificent piece of art. I won't lie, when I bought this game off of Steam for $20, I wanted to hate it. I thought that it was over-hyped, and nothing but a run and gun shooter game. As soon as I hit the New Game button, I realized I was in for something unique. Of the aspects of Bioshock, by far the most awesome, was the Calling Bioshock, any specific genre, is an insult to this magnificent piece of art. I won't lie, when I bought this game off of Steam for $20, I wanted to hate it. I thought that it was over-hyped, and nothing but a run and gun shooter game. As soon as I hit the New Game button, I realized I was in for something unique. Of the aspects of Bioshock, by far the most awesome, was the story, intricately woven into the fabric of the continuity of the lore. Without giving away any spoilers, I would have to say that Bioshock is without a doubt, the strongest narrative I have ever heard/seen in a video game. The gameplay is equally incredible. Granted, as some of the reviewers have noted, the plasmids are a bit unbalanced.Two of the plasmids, Incinerate and Electric bolt, are almost undefeatable, and one could when the game with nothing but them, however the real enjoyable portion of Bioshock, is freezing an enemy and shattering them to bits, or throwing hives of bees at them, and watching them writhe in pain. The weapons, however are perfectly balanced. An combined the weapons/plasmids system is one of the most efficent combat systems I have seen in an FPS. One thing that annoyed me was the Karma system, which many called an RPG system. The whole conflict with the Little Sisters, while unique just doesn't have the moral implications that it does the first time you do it. By the time that you're harvesting/saving three per level, it becomes routine. Another problem I had with the game was the hacking system. I seemed like a good idea gone terribly wrong. Eventually you do get Auto-hack for some items, but even so, hacking vending machines and safes can be frustrating. Finally I must comment on the graphics. The water effects are incredible, some of the finest yet to grace the platform. Overall, with a pricetag of 20, I wouldn't hesitate to get this game. Expand
  16. BobGuy
    Feb 25, 2009
    Epic. The graphics are pure excellence and the gameplay is quite good. Ton of replay potencial in this game. The big daddys and bosses provide a nice gameplay experience for personal achievements such as only using the "one-two" punch, no plasmids, etc. For those who think it's boring, play it on hard. Without using anything but the wrench and electro bolt 1. And no vita-chambers. Epic. The graphics are pure excellence and the gameplay is quite good. Ton of replay potencial in this game. The big daddys and bosses provide a nice gameplay experience for personal achievements such as only using the "one-two" punch, no plasmids, etc. For those who think it's boring, play it on hard. Without using anything but the wrench and electro bolt 1. And no vita-chambers. And rescue all the little sisters. Good luck. Expand
  17. SpencerH
    Jun 10, 2009
    Everyone who voted this game as anything under an 8 is a complete idiot. The complaints were "its too buggy" "pipe connecting puzzles suck" Well naive reviewers: YOU DON'T HAVE TO HACK THE MACHINES. Jeez, it is only there to make ammo and other do-hickys cheaper and turn bots on your side, which you can just as easily kill. Unless you are on the hardest difficulty, then you need to Everyone who voted this game as anything under an 8 is a complete idiot. The complaints were "its too buggy" "pipe connecting puzzles suck" Well naive reviewers: YOU DON'T HAVE TO HACK THE MACHINES. Jeez, it is only there to make ammo and other do-hickys cheaper and turn bots on your side, which you can just as easily kill. Unless you are on the hardest difficulty, then you need to hack them, but hey, if you don't want to hack the machines, get ur nubby ass to an easier difficulty and leave the harder stuff to the experienced players with half a brain and some patience. and TOO BUGGY, wow, that is a personal computer issue, I don't get any bugs at all when i play and my computer is a royal piece of s***. But hey, if you didn't like the incredible graphics, amazing and mind warping story line, or the amazing options you have when it comes to taking down all kinds of enemies, you can go F*** yourself, cuz you my friend, are a moron. It takes a brain to appreciate the incredible aspects of this game, so if you don't enjoy Bioshock, go work at McDonalds. Expand
  18. RandallH
    Oct 21, 2009
    The most epic game since half life 2 period. If you dont have this game your life is not complete. thats all i have to say
  19. OwenG
    Dec 5, 2009
    Best game I have played in ages. Fantastic.
  20. JonTd
    Dec 20, 2009
    It's good. Amazing. The best, game, EVER. Once you play it theres no turning back. Because Rapture will slowly eat your soul! ;)
  21. JamesH
    Dec 21, 2009
    There are good games. On top of that are amazing games. On top of that are masterpieces. On top of that is Bioshock.
  22. BasK
    Jan 1, 2010
    After half life 2, this is the best game i ever played. The surroundings and artwork really warps you back in time and the gameplay was great! A 10!
  23. May 17, 2011
    A towering achievement. The meticulous attention to detail, deep combat options, and extremely engaging setting make for an unforgettable experience. The people who give this game anything other than the positive review it deserves should probably go get stomped on by a Big Daddy for not realizing the beauty of this game.
  24. Dec 10, 2011
    Absolutely love this game, getting ready to play it again for nostalgic reasons. I'd give it a solid 9 but wanted to offset some of the more intelligent comments. This game is meant to be an experience - not something for those trying to nitpick at asinine things here and there. For those who had issues with the PC version I empathize with you...not sure what the issues were since I hadAbsolutely love this game, getting ready to play it again for nostalgic reasons. I'd give it a solid 9 but wanted to offset some of the more intelligent comments. This game is meant to be an experience - not something for those trying to nitpick at asinine things here and there. For those who had issues with the PC version I empathize with you...not sure what the issues were since I had none :-( but am also fairly adept at fixing problems in games when they arise ....anyway if you have never played this game and are wanting an unforgettable experience - this is it...for those who like to nitpick at games and think you have an insight into everything...please just skip it and save us your laughable comments on these review threads. Expand
  25. Dec 20, 2011
    This game is simply one of the greatest ever made. The game play is a new and exciting twist on the old FPS style of game. The story is deep and compelling with twists and turns that you never see coming. I love the basis on the classic Ayn Rand novel. Any of the negative reviews i have read are from people who did not seem to really give it a chance and who did not play enough to get aThis game is simply one of the greatest ever made. The game play is a new and exciting twist on the old FPS style of game. The story is deep and compelling with twists and turns that you never see coming. I love the basis on the classic Ayn Rand novel. Any of the negative reviews i have read are from people who did not seem to really give it a chance and who did not play enough to get a real understanding of the FANTASTICALLY written story. If you give this game a chance and play it through to the end then i give you my word it will be worth it. Expand
  26. Jan 21, 2012
    The best game I've ever played that wasn't a game made by Bethesda. I just loved the game and the storyline. The only thing I didn't like was that you rarely meet anyone that doesn't want to kill you, I would like the occasional person that says, "Hello," and doesn't try and stab you in the back. The whole background story is interesting to hear too. When I first heard of this game and sawThe best game I've ever played that wasn't a game made by Bethesda. I just loved the game and the storyline. The only thing I didn't like was that you rarely meet anyone that doesn't want to kill you, I would like the occasional person that says, "Hello," and doesn't try and stab you in the back. The whole background story is interesting to hear too. When I first heard of this game and saw the trailer, I thought it was about a pedo trying to kidnap little kids in a wierd city. But once my friend told me that I had to play it and sent me a gameplay video, I knew I would be hooked. And I was, it turned out to be a great game and loved it. So, if your looking for a good game that is linear and isn't an RPG, then you have to play this game. Expand
  27. Feb 27, 2012
    The setting defines this game. While it might not have as many options or pathways as the intelligent deus ex - what it does do is create a world you have never seen before, tell a story you have never heard, and give you gameplay that is slightly more simple version of the masterpiece that is system shock 2. This game stands tall, defies time and aging - and stands as a beacon of lightThe setting defines this game. While it might not have as many options or pathways as the intelligent deus ex - what it does do is create a world you have never seen before, tell a story you have never heard, and give you gameplay that is slightly more simple version of the masterpiece that is system shock 2. This game stands tall, defies time and aging - and stands as a beacon of light and a template for creating original worlds. Expand
  28. Apr 2, 2012
    The story is great, the gameplay is great, the weapons are great... Even though it's a game made in 2007, this game is better than many games of today. Note: I do NOT know why Steam has rated this as "Action, RPG", because this game is NOT an RPG! This game is a FPS! This game does NOT have XP, Guilds, or any other such bullsh*t that has an RPG.
  29. Jun 7, 2012
    A simply awesome game: the story, the game play and, also 5 years after the release, the graphics. From the moment you see Rapture the hole game is just a big rush. All the steam punk element and this mystic atmosphere, the battles and all the diary entries. it is just a ingenious game.
  30. Oct 7, 2012
    Bioshock is probably one of the greatest video-games I have ever played. The gameplay is amazing and combat has an incredible amount of variety. With one of dozen guns in one hand and one of dozen Plasmids in another, there is a multitude of ways to kill an enemy. Light it on fire and shoot it in the face, lay a trap, trick another enemy into attacking it, shooting it with lightning, theBioshock is probably one of the greatest video-games I have ever played. The gameplay is amazing and combat has an incredible amount of variety. With one of dozen guns in one hand and one of dozen Plasmids in another, there is a multitude of ways to kill an enemy. Light it on fire and shoot it in the face, lay a trap, trick another enemy into attacking it, shooting it with lightning, the list goes on and on. The plot drives you to continue playing the game, giving a critical examination of Ayn Rand's theory of Objectivism and Altruism. It take place in an underwater city created by Andrew Ryan, a man who wanted to create a Utopian individualistic society that has fallen into a civil war because most of the population has gone insane hyped up on ADAM, a "drug" of sorts that gives a human superpowers, similar to that of the Sith from star wars (lightning from hands) or The Last Airbender. .. Doesn't that sound epic.. while also being deep and philosophical. This game heavily influenced my politics and philosophy. An exciting piece of art. Expand
  31. Mar 21, 2013
    Ok. In my personal OPINION this game does not have one single flaw and is one of if not the most memorable experience I have ever had in gaming. That being said I can see how it is not for everyone BUT to actually call this a "bad" game and give it a 1? You are either a contrarian and a hater or you are just stupid and make no mistake this is a game for smart people. People say things likeOk. In my personal OPINION this game does not have one single flaw and is one of if not the most memorable experience I have ever had in gaming. That being said I can see how it is not for everyone BUT to actually call this a "bad" game and give it a 1? You are either a contrarian and a hater or you are just stupid and make no mistake this is a game for smart people. People say things like oh you can use plasmids and guns? cool that gets boring after 3 seconds. to those people I say what about the hundreds of FPS games that have no rpg elements you can only use guns and you are fighting the EXACT same enemies over and over? meh its not for everyone.. 10/10 for me and deserves no less than an 8 from everyone. Expand
  32. Apr 6, 2013
    Totalmente increíble, buena jugabilidad, historia, trama, terror y acción. Obra Maestra, sin duda no se compara con Infinite, aunque Infinite también sea muy bueno, pierde la escencia.
  33. May 16, 2013
    BioShock is such a unique game. It has a very special atmosphere all the time. Everything in this game is so special, like the Big Daddies, they won't attack you, they are like a real dad, protecting the little sisters. The little sisters even cried after you killed their dad. And I like the type of graphic in this game, it gives a dark and old feels to you.
  34. Jun 10, 2013
    Bustergundam4's "Bioshock Review"
    Platform: PC
    Rating 5/5 stars 06/06/13 Fun factor : I have to say it was extremely fun playing Bioshock for the PC .I actually enjoyed the nerve shaking surprises that will definitely catch you off guard.I had fun killing Big Daddys and Splicers and even saving Little Sisters along the way. Control and gameplay: I have to say that the
    Bustergundam4's "Bioshock Review"
    Platform: PC
    Rating 5/5 stars

06/06/13

Fun factor :

Control and gameplay:

I have to say that the controls were very easy to learn and even easier to remember.Although,I have to personaly warn you that palying without a mouse is like suicide if you don't know the controls.

The gameplay aspects of Bioshock were very likable due to the intriging information that the recordings and side characters provide making you think about what you do before you do it.
    I also like the save aspect because if you're playing this game on a laptop and your battery's almost dead, you can pause the game,save where you are and when you load your saved game,you'll be right where you left off.

Graphics:

I have to take some time and briefly compliment the graphics of the game due to the fact that they weren't cheap.They had some great graphics speaking about the voices and the moving.

Sound:

I liked the sound alot.Due to the fact that the splicers' voices were very well conveyed and kept you alert to their presense.Main characters were a big help as well.
  35. Aug 1, 2013
    Exciting, eerie, creative, jaw dropping, terrifying, electrifying, memorable, fun. Bioshock is the rare game that perfectly blend all those elements together. The story engulfs you in Rapture, one of the most unique and awesome game locations I've ever played. As you progress, you'll discover and explore the ruins of Rapture and learn more about Rapture and what happened and yourExciting, eerie, creative, jaw dropping, terrifying, electrifying, memorable, fun. Bioshock is the rare game that perfectly blend all those elements together. The story engulfs you in Rapture, one of the most unique and awesome game locations I've ever played. As you progress, you'll discover and explore the ruins of Rapture and learn more about Rapture and what happened and your character's involvement on why he's here in the first place.
    Combat works will blending survival horror elements, such as lack of abundant ammo, to great first person shooting mechanics. It also adds a new spin with Plasmids, giving your character the ablility to electrocute, set on fire, freeze, control, patronize, hypnotize, and among many others.

Such a game like Bioshock can perfectly combine everything that can shooters great. It's exciting, it's terrifying, keeps you on the edge of your seat, it sparks wonder and curiosity. The only thing that keeps this game from being perfect is the ending/ final boss. Ending is kind of out of place (meaning it's either warm hearted or a cold slap in the face that doesn't really conclude your character's journey.) and I didn't lean towards how the final boss was done.

Still, fantastic game.
  36. Aug 5, 2013
    This is one of the few games that had me saying WOW throughout the whole game from the first big daddy encounter to some shocking revelations...this game had me immersed with its rich atmosphere and story the entire time.
  37. Oct 16, 2013
    awesome. reminds me of deus ex, but this one is better. even my girlfriend got addicted to the game. and i dont have to set the config to minimum like crysis and such because it´s an old game. the retro setting is amazing, scary in a kind of uncanny feeling. the character progression as you pick up these buffs or feats canniters is really fun and rewarding and you can try out as manyawesome. reminds me of deus ex, but this one is better. even my girlfriend got addicted to the game. and i dont have to set the config to minimum like crysis and such because it´s an old game. the retro setting is amazing, scary in a kind of uncanny feeling. the character progression as you pick up these buffs or feats canniters is really fun and rewarding and you can try out as many different skill settings you want. great game, i can´t believe i´d never played it before Expand
  38. Mar 16, 2014
    This is a masterpiece, gaming at it's finest. This is genuinely one of the few revolutionary games of all-time. The story is one of the best, the atmosphere and artistic direction are definitely top-notch. This is easily Irrationals best work. The characters are beautifully written and voice acted by some wonderful actors. This is everything that's good about gaming, wrapped in one single game.
  39. May 18, 2014
    Bioshock is just a classic that every gamer should play. Yes it's an fps, altough different from all the others. And it goes beyond genres because its strong points are the plot , the beautiful world where it is set, the scary and dark moments you will live playing it. It's a classic.
  40. Jun 3, 2014
    Bioshock is a game series produced by 2K studios and is honestly one of my top game series on my list. Sit down kids, it's time to learn about art.

The first game starts in the year 1960 with your protagonist, Jack, the sole survivor of a sudden plane crash over the Pacific Ocean. After seeking refuge in the lone light house surrounded by water, Jack finds a submarine called a 'bathysphere' and unintentionally activates it. The submarine then locks him in and proceeds to descend into the underwater city of Rapture. Not only does the name of the city references the bible. But you are introduced to two of the most influential men in the game, Atlas and Andrew Ryan. Andrew is the multi billionaire who founded and established the city after World War II representing the spoiled, and dictatorial upper class, while in contrast you have Atlas, a blue-collar worker from the lower class who is everyone's favorite and leader in the working class.
    Because of the way the city was set up, with such a huge caste difference, tensions naturally began to rise; it also was apparent in the years before this civil war amongst the difference in caste a new bio-chemical drug was uncovered called ADAM. The properties of this drug were breakthroughs in all levels in science, ridding residents of deformities and even gave them superhuman abilities such as elemental control, teleportation, telekinesis, etc and those who used it were called 'splicers' (in reference with ADAM tampering with their DNA). But in its cheapest and most common form, it doubled as a highly addictive drug that heightened violent tendencies, thus eventually sparking a civil war. Jack arrives in the city a year in the aftermath of the war's resolution. Jack teams up with Atlas to leave the city, fighting these violent splicers along the way.

Bioshock 2 follows roughly ten years after the conclusion of the first game in the same city with a different protagonist, a brainwashed man named Delta. Delta was assigned to protect a young girl named Eleanor from the splicers rampaging the city. But after a surprising ambush, he finds himself waking up from a 10 year coma and Eleanor desperate to reunite with him and escape Rapture. When he wakes up, Delta finds himself with a newfound freewill he forgot he was able to have. His time to save Eleanor is almost a race against the clock for Delta because the city is dying, and Delta chose to survive with Eleanor and find salvation in the surface world.

Bioshock : Infinite has a completely different setting, cast, and story, while still twisting the end to relate to its predecessors, is set in the flying city of Columbia in 1912. Booker Dewitt is a man deeply in debt, suffering from PTSD as a veteran of the Battle of Wounded Knee, must find a young girl named Elizabeth amongst a flying city in the middle of another civil war amongst the high and working classes. This city in the sky was founded by Mayor Zachery Comstock, who establishes this city as a very patriotic district of the United States. Booker has no choice but to fight his way through the city and bring Elizabeth down the ground.

The city of Columbia is almost in its bright and patriotic coloring, an American paradise, throughout the entirety of the play through, the weather is bright and happy sunlight, almost blinding in the idea of paradise in contrast to Rapture's overall grim, gritty and abandoned darker tones in the setting. In biblical comparison Rapture is Hell; one filled with murder, savagery, drug abuse, cults and lies. Columbia, however is a well-kept with love and an overwhelming sense of American Patriotism. In each game though, the sheer amount of detail in the scenery of both an underwater city and a city in the sky were amazing and powerful in conveying messages beyond simply setting and artwork.

Throughout the games, the player must make choices through Jack/Delta/Booker on whether or not to kill characters, these do affect your ending, as Andrew Ryan stated:

"We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us."
    This is a HUGE theme across all three games, because how you play, affects how your play through ends., also applying to real life where what a person does defines them. Another huge motif mentioned by the same man goes

"A man chooses, a slave obeys."
    This quote challenges all protagonists' expression/ideal of free will and its definition not only to the player but to the protagonist as well. This also may relate to the earlier quote where if a choice is made, it gives him free will while also letting the choices shape him. This quote, or really the significance of it, plays a huge role in each game and potential choices.

The antagonist of Bioshock 2, Sofia explains:
    "For every choice, there is an echo, with each act we change the world. One man chose a city free of law and god, but others chose corruption, and so the city fell. If the world was reborn in your image, would it be paradise
  41. Aug 17, 2014
    One of the best games I have played. Interesting world and story. It will keep locked in your chair and will force you to play till it ends. Incredible.
  42. Aug 20, 2014
    It was a really fun game despite how many times i ended up dying. Even someone as bad as me at video games can beat it on medium. The story was great and i can't wait to play the next one!
  43. Aug 27, 2014
    Even im not a huge fan of shooters, this game make me stick with it until the end.The game has a gret story with a lot of morale values.The strongest point in this a game is his underwater city(Rapture).
  44. Apr 13, 2015
    This is literally the best thing i have ever seen, not just among games but also within all kinds of arts including movies, novels, musicals, and plays. As most components in this game is much better than good, i can't mention all of them here, and will speak of the only problem i found. 'the subtitles are a bit slower than speakings.'
  45. Jan 26, 2017
    Truly a masterpiece. Atmospheric is the best word to describe Bioshock. Its graphics are a little better than average although its sound design is on another level. The cackle of a splicer, the groans and stomps of the Big Daddies, the garbled 1950s music, all of it is just so well done and brings the otherwise desolate halls of Rapture to life. The retro-futuristic design of the machinesTruly a masterpiece. Atmospheric is the best word to describe Bioshock. Its graphics are a little better than average although its sound design is on another level. The cackle of a splicer, the groans and stomps of the Big Daddies, the garbled 1950s music, all of it is just so well done and brings the otherwise desolate halls of Rapture to life. The retro-futuristic design of the machines and Art Deco design scheme show how much the developers researched the time period and the style to get everything right. The plot was interesting enough for me and kept me avidly playing until the end although I can see why people thought that it got kinda drab after a certain point. As for the hacking - its isn't required to play the game although learning to master it will make the game noticeably easier (who doesn't want flying machine gun turret drones helping them out?). Overall a game that was way ahead of its time and still continues to be amazing today. Expand
  46. Mar 3, 2017
    A masterpiece of audiovisual narrative, with the unbeatable atmosphere that only the most memorable video game scenarios can manage to achieve, BioShock remains as an enthralling, fun, intense and almost flawless FPS.
  47. Jun 28, 2017
    Un gran y ambicioso videojuego. Con un arte y una narrativa envolventes y complejos. La jugabilidad no es nada del otro mundo, pero no tiene ningún problema destacable. Y si bien en su día significó un avance cualitativo en el desarrollo de los videojuegos no se pueden pasar por alto algunos defectos. Quizá el principal es que llegado a un cierto punto de la trama, el juego se va tornandoUn gran y ambicioso videojuego. Con un arte y una narrativa envolventes y complejos. La jugabilidad no es nada del otro mundo, pero no tiene ningún problema destacable. Y si bien en su día significó un avance cualitativo en el desarrollo de los videojuegos no se pueden pasar por alto algunos defectos. Quizá el principal es que llegado a un cierto punto de la trama, el juego se va tornando aburrido y repetitivo. Da la sensación demque se alargó de más. Personajes maniqueos y excesivamente melodramaticos son tambien un defecto que nos muestra todavía una "infancia" en el desarrollo de los videojuegos. Expand
  48. Jan 8, 2018
    Bioshock is a first-person shooter that uses its masterfully crafted plot to guide you through a world of politics, violence and mystery. Its a must-play for any gamer.
  49. Jan 10, 2018
    Time to review this game
    What can i say that hasn't been said yet? It is an epic, luguber (and sometimes horror inducing) journey through the ravaged dreams of a man: The dystopian society of Rapture. Bioshock often carries its flow with social and phillosophic commentary. Ambient and atmosphere is its biggest accomplishment.
    Gameplay is really fun, variety of plasmids is the key of its
    Time to review this game
    Gameplay is really fun, variety of plasmids is the key of its success. Gameplay is based upon experimentation, stealth and resource management, all being well managed.
    If i had to say a flaw about it, it would have to be the hacking minigame.
    I like it, but it gets tiring after some hours.
    9.5/10 game here
  50. May 2, 2018
    bioshock 1 is the best game i ever played, with his great story and his epic end ^^
  51. Jan 4, 2019
    The best game ever created. All characters are interesting and the story is just perfect
  52. Jan 23, 2019
    Gameplay: - Very Good
    Story: - Amazing
    Visual: - Amazing
    Music and sound: - Very Good
    Average time: - 15H
    Score: - 9 (Amazing)
  53. Mar 22, 2019
    Pros:
    -Very good narrative
    -Immersive atmosphere -Gun play feels very good -Music is very good (although there isn't too much of it) -The concept is very original and innovative -Awesome graphics -Breathtaking views -Bioshock created one of the most memorable enemies in the history of gaming, the Big Daddy -The plasmids are unique and useful in their own way Cons: -Not too
    Pros:
    -Very good narrative
    -Immersive atmosphere
    -Gun play feels very good
    -Music is very good (although there isn't too much of it)
    -The concept is very original and innovative
    -Awesome graphics
    -Breathtaking views
    -The plasmids are unique and useful in their own way

Cons:
    -Not too much variety in enemies
    -Repetitive after a couple hours of gameplay, breaks are to be expected

Bioshock is one of the greatest games ever made, and the single best FPS ever made. 100% recommended.
  54. May 25, 2019
    BioShock is an amazing experience with stunning visuals and a lot of cool action. To be honest, I'm not a fan of FPS or horror before I played this game, and it changed my opinion about these two genres permanently.

More importantly, BioShock is a reference to storytelling in any game of any genre.
  55. Jun 25, 2019
    Absolute classic. Beautiful, scary, unique and interesting world. The story is amazing, the characters are amazing, the aesthetic is amazing. The only flaw of this game to me is the combat, but the rest of the game is so incredible that the average combat isn't an issue to me at all.
  56. Jul 4, 2019
    A true masterpiece of a game although it may be a tad outdated in today's standard of games the story holds it all together. the combat still has a great feeling to it and the whole setting is something that still gives me the freaks.
  57. Jul 5, 2019
    Es de los mejores juegos que hay con una atmósfera bien creada, un cuadro narrativo impresionante y una jugabilidad excelente
  58. Aug 15, 2019
    For me, this is the "Citizen Kane" of video games. A masterpiece that encapsulates why games like these define a genre and a philosophical argument on the aspects of Andrew Ryan's beliefs and are they good for the people or for himself. Overall, this is one of the greatest games ever made.
  59. Oct 23, 2019
    If you haven't played this game, you aren't a gamer. You have to play this once.
    Why? The combat, the tactics [plasmids], the story, the weapons, everything is in the right place in this masterpiece.
  60. Sep 27, 2019
    The best narrative in a game to date, an exquisitely-drawn dystopia, a good fps, a wonderful selection of special powers, Bioshock is an absolute joy. The style is second to none. I played Prey recently and enjoyed it, although it felt derivative of this, and I went back and replayed Bioshock. Prey is good. Bioshock is something else. MAGIC.
  61. Sep 28, 2019
    Great heaven, this game is just a masterpiece. Incredibly strong and deep history and atmosphere. Since I liked the book "Atlas Shrugged", I got additional pleasure in this game, meeting references to this book. To this idea. Excellent game-play and interesting and beautiful design and graphics at its time made this game for me one of the most beloved and unforgettable among all the gamesGreat heaven, this game is just a masterpiece. Incredibly strong and deep history and atmosphere. Since I liked the book "Atlas Shrugged", I got additional pleasure in this game, meeting references to this book. To this idea. Excellent game-play and interesting and beautiful design and graphics at its time made this game for me one of the most beloved and unforgettable among all the games that I played. The game of 2007, which I played in 2019. Expand
  62. Nov 8, 2019
    One of my favorite video games. The decorative arts and the shaping of Rapture really impress me.
  63. Jan 10, 2020
    Definitely a must-play for every Gamer, especially people from the Horror-Genre. A lot of things done right, especially considering the age of this game. Fighting really isnt very special, but you still have a nice combination of weapons and skills. The thrilling and heartwarming story combined with the absolutely horrific underwater scenery this game has, offered a lot of joy playing thisDefinitely a must-play for every Gamer, especially people from the Horror-Genre. A lot of things done right, especially considering the age of this game. Fighting really isnt very special, but you still have a nice combination of weapons and skills. The thrilling and heartwarming story combined with the absolutely horrific underwater scenery this game has, offered a lot of joy playing this title. Level-Based-Gameplay and some cruel characters that will hunt you in your worst nightmares. Amazing and looking forward to play the other Bioshock-Titles!

8.5/10
  64. Jan 12, 2020
    Classic game, one of the greats. Wonderful atmosphere. Below average quality port.
  65. Jan 26, 2020
    Re-enacted this landmark game in the Remastered version many years after the first pass around 2008-2010. It's still great, dynamic, exciting. It's a pity that the Atlas was fast this time on the medium difficulty: the explosions, the shooting and the increase of enemies did not cause the Challenge in me - all the clip of all the ammo from the revolver, all the shotgun and pilaf cartridgesRe-enacted this landmark game in the Remastered version many years after the first pass around 2008-2010. It's still great, dynamic, exciting. It's a pity that the Atlas was fast this time on the medium difficulty: the explosions, the shooting and the increase of enemies did not cause the Challenge in me - all the clip of all the ammo from the revolver, all the shotgun and pilaf cartridges are ready.
    The game for all time.
    Huge thanks to Ken Levin and the whole 2K team at the time for this creation.
  66. Feb 3, 2020
    A great FPS game with a fantastic world background,Rapture is a characteristic city,The game has a most artistic design and a wonderful narrative.

'A man chooses, a slave obeys.'

9.5 Wonderful
  67. Aug 3, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is one of the games you would show someone who hates video games this game is an absolute masterpiece with interesting characters, locations, and combat. I absolutely loved the twist where you find out Atlas was Frank Fontaine, and I will always remember this as one of the best games ever made. Expand
  68. Apr 2, 2020
    One of the most perfect games out there. The atmosphere is amazing, the graphics are very good and the story is amazing, the voice acting is perfect and THE PLOT TWIST is phenomenal.
  69. Apr 4, 2020
    Bioshock provavelmente tem o melhor roteiro de um jogo, envolve drama, ficção cientifica e política de forma cirúrgica. A Jogabilidade é lenta, porém muito funcional.
  70. Jun 6, 2020
    One of my all time favorite, can never forget the experience of this **** perfect game. Politic economic and artistic, a must have.
  71. Jun 13, 2020
    The coolest and most atmospheric underwater world. An incredible piece of interactive fiction.
  72. Jun 19, 2020
    Bioshock was such an interesting adventure, for me it one of the best games out there
  73. Jun 20, 2020
    Bioshock es una de mis debilidades, su apartado visual y ese mundo submarino me gustaron desde el principio, además en lo jugable tiene muchas mecánicas de las que a mi me gustan, variedad de poderes, tipos de munición, exploración de objetos y cintas de audio que te sumergen en la historia. Pero siendo honestos, Bioshock peca algo de lineal y es obviamente un juego mucho mas simple yBioshock es una de mis debilidades, su apartado visual y ese mundo submarino me gustaron desde el principio, además en lo jugable tiene muchas mecánicas de las que a mi me gustan, variedad de poderes, tipos de munición, exploración de objetos y cintas de audio que te sumergen en la historia. Pero siendo honestos, Bioshock peca algo de lineal y es obviamente un juego mucho mas simple y fácil que su antecesor encubierto, System Shock 2, Bioshock pierde muchísimo componente de RPG que tenía su antecesor para ser mas bien un shooter, pero como juego de disparos en primera persona no destaca demasiado. Con algunos defectos y otras grandes virtudes es un juego de notable alto. Expand
  74. Jun 21, 2020
    This game was, and frankly still is, a complete and utter masterpiece. Everything about this was near perfection. The gameplay is 10/10; nothing quite explains the satisfaction of blasting electricity at a splicer out of your hand, and then smacking em with a wrench for the big finish. Exploring this deep and rich fully realized world of Rapture is like no other experience. The atmosphereThis game was, and frankly still is, a complete and utter masterpiece. Everything about this was near perfection. The gameplay is 10/10; nothing quite explains the satisfaction of blasting electricity at a splicer out of your hand, and then smacking em with a wrench for the big finish. Exploring this deep and rich fully realized world of Rapture is like no other experience. The atmosphere of this underwater city is just so spot on; the developers had a vision and they let nothing change it. The lore of this city is absolutely incredible, everywhere you turn you find something else that really starts to piece together how Rapture was run and what went wrong. From hearing the splicers sing "Jesus Loves Me" to finding an audio diary from a prostitute telling of her time with Andrew Ryan, Rapture is so much deeper than meets the eye, and I would consider it one of the best settings in any game, so much so that it becomes a storytelling character of itself. The story of Bioshock is unforgettable, with twists that will leave you mindblown for days. The characters, regardless of being mainly only heard via a radio, are still charming and very well written. The morality aspect of the game, is.. well, it's pretty good, but I'm not giving that a 10/10. Far from perfection, but you definitely see what's right or wrong and there's a dilemma between picking them sometimes I suppose.

Point here is, this game is so good, it's nearly impossible to find anything to complain about. I got this when I was about 14 and I played it over and over and over again across the course of a few months. I hadn't done that with any game since I was a wee child playing Spyro and Crash Bandicoot. If you seriously haven't played this yet, it's out on modern consoles. So would you kindly grab yourself a copy and see what all the fuss is about?
  75. Jun 22, 2020
    BIoshock es un juego increíble y uno que no querrás perderte, especialmente ahora que una versión remasterizada está disponible, te garantizo que no te arrepentirás de haberlo jugado. Al igual que Portal, BioShock es una experiencia extremadamente gratificante y satisfactoria.
  76. Jun 22, 2020
    Excelente história e construção de mundo, entretando a gameplay envelheceu. mal.
  77. Jun 22, 2020
    extraordinary beginning to an extraordinary series. beautiful and scary at the same time. lots of detail to enjoy. worth every single cent. after playing the first two bioshock games, art deco will forever be the art of Rapture to you, and every time you see it in a piece of art or in architecture the nostalgic reminiscence of the horrors and beauty of the fallen city will overtake yourextraordinary beginning to an extraordinary series. beautiful and scary at the same time. lots of detail to enjoy. worth every single cent. after playing the first two bioshock games, art deco will forever be the art of Rapture to you, and every time you see it in a piece of art or in architecture the nostalgic reminiscence of the horrors and beauty of the fallen city will overtake your mind, just as deserted foggy streets causes positive PTSD to hardcore silent hill fans. and don't forget to get minerva's den dlc for bioshock two. Expand
  78. Jun 24, 2020
    Bioshock has cemented itself as one of the most iconic games of all time. The underwater city of rapture is glazed with nothing but horrors on the surface, but filled with fascinating stories of a perfect secular utopia gone amiss on the inside. This game is fun, terrifying, and thought provoking. truly a classic of gaming.
  79. Jun 27, 2020
    One of the best games ever, great music, great graphics, grat weapons, great story all you could want in a great game!
  80. Jun 29, 2020
    I had an absolute blast playing this game. The whole scenario and world setting is phenomenal and gripped my interest from the get-go. Amazing story and gameplay, with interesting horror-lite enemies and settings. Utterly brilliant!
  81. Jun 29, 2020
    A flawed masterpiece. The shoot em up mechanics are so at odds with the game's horrendous "morality" system that it spawned the term "ludonarrative dissonance," an ending that betrays the rest of the game, and a clunky interface that was definitely a product of its time still don't manage to overshadow the brilliant narrative twists, the commentary on interactivity, and the environmentalA flawed masterpiece. The shoot em up mechanics are so at odds with the game's horrendous "morality" system that it spawned the term "ludonarrative dissonance," an ending that betrays the rest of the game, and a clunky interface that was definitely a product of its time still don't manage to overshadow the brilliant narrative twists, the commentary on interactivity, and the environmental storytelling. Expand
  82. Jul 2, 2020
    Wow! I play Bioshock games by knowing that at some point there will be a twist but they surprise me anyway. The world is wonderful, the story is great, and ending is very rewarding. Then, all of these are decorated with cute graphics and beautiful music. This game is awesome. Finally, protect little sisters for all cost :)
  83. Jul 5, 2020
    Если бы у меня спросили, какая игра вызывает наибольший "Восторг", я бы ответил - "Bioshock". 9.5/10
  84. Jul 9, 2020
    S
    Art style and atmosphere is top tier.
    Gameplay is very diverse with all the weapons and plasmids.
    Story is great.
    A must play.
  85. Jul 16, 2020
    Fantastic gun-play and combat. Riveting story to keep you engaged. Exploratory elements are a must with such limited ammo and constant combat to give you reason to look in every corridor and closet you can find.
  86. Jul 20, 2020
    Bioshock

Positives
    -Amazing atmosphere
    -Great characters (both the protagonist and antagonist)
    -One of the best twist in video game history.
    -Stunning and unique visuals
    -Lore and story

Negatives
    -The gameplay doesn't felt very good

Besides the gameplay this a must play for everyone who is interested in story based video games and one of my all time favourite.
  87. Jul 29, 2020
    Que se puede decir de esta maravilla,una historia espectacular, ambientacion que es una locura y mecánicas muy entretenidas
  88. Aug 11, 2020
    ====================IIIIIIIIII GAME RANK : 9.00 IIIIIIIIII====================
  89. Aug 20, 2020
    Bioshock is one of the best games ever made. The amazingly fun gameplay, the horrifying environments and enemies, and the best level design of all time come together to create a world so creative and real that you can't deny it as a foreboding and cynical view of the Objectevist utopia of Ayn Rand.
  90. Aug 20, 2020
    ((I plan to come back and elaborate more in this review later))

In a few words, this game is a masterpiece from the last decades of gaming. A gem often overlooked and compared to recent titles because of obvious inspirations, but with all credit it deserves. Bioshock, ofter considered by critics as a spiritual successor to the System Shock series - mainly because names involved in
    ((I plan to come back and elaborate more in this review later))

Bioshock, ofter considered by critics as a spiritual successor to the System Shock series - mainly because names involved in the development of the former like Ken Levine were also involved in the production of Bioshock - carry many characteristics from SS: from the storytelling of the world through audiologs, to the FPS gameplay mescled with RPG mechanics (what I would like to emphasize since this blend was not common in mass success titles neither when SS or Bioshock was released).

I wouldnt go as far as to say this game is an Immersive Sim like Deux Ex games; The Thief series; or even the recent Prey(2017) and Dishonored titles. This is not negative in any means, I would just like to make clear that this game is pretty linear, it usually rewards exploration with more guns upgrades, and ADAM which is an compound that makes your character stronger, just like exp in RPG games; altought the game gives you multiple "optional" paths in your playthrough it doesnt gives you the diversity and multiple approaches to progess through the main story like Immersive Sims do.

The progression system in the game, with ADAM and weapon upgrade stations (simmilar to upgrade stations in SS2) places some RPG elements in the game, which is obviously a linear shooter. This aspect of the game is revolutionary, because as we players know, thats a pretty common trope in recent games: from action adventure games like the Assassin's Creed series, and the recent loot&shoot titles like Destiny and Borderlands to even racing games, developers know now that the aspect of progression in a player controlled way that before Bioshock was almost exclusive to RPGs is amazing for fun factor, sense of accomplishment and liberty for the players.

Besides the revolutionary accessibility of RPG elements that became normal in other types of games later, the storytelling and worldbuilding in Bioshock is amazing. You really feel immersed in a wrecked city deep in the Atlantic ocean. Not only the maps are beautifully crafted but the whole atmosphere feel's so real and vivid that often people considers the game as an survival horror title even though that feeling comes just from immersion of beign placed in a abandoned city full of psychopaths and drug addicts chasing you, besides one or other jumpscare, the game was marketed as a traditional singleplayer shooter and it basically is from beginning to end.

Besides the way we SEE and FEEL rapture through the visuals; the audiologs and characters made the world more dense and packed with content, you actually go after audio cues and hidden places just to get to know more about the world you're stuck while playing. You can also notice that the game lacks a lot of cutscenes and even the 3 or 4 it has, are pretty short, which serves as an example to even recent titles that shove story in the player's face despite the fact that most of the time we dont care anyway because of lack of originality.

Overrall this is an amazing and revolutionary gem to gaming in general, I cant consider it to be a perfect title because of few aspects like some stupid bossbattles shoved in the game, and horrible difficulty in general, where you can basically pass all the game with no struggle just dying, respawning and killing the now weaker enemy that killed you; you can disable that type of respawn tho, but the games was clearly not made to be played that way since if you try to do that, you will lose most of the experience designed by the developers, like fighting the stronger baddies that you'll prefer just to ignore without respawn capabilities.
  91. Aug 21, 2020
    When it comes to atmosphere, pioneering environmental storytelling, gameplay, narrative, and pushing the medium into new heights, Bioshock does it all. Very few flaws such as the mediocre hacking mechanic and a few less than excellently implemented weapons, keep it from being a masterpiece. But it is sure damn good.
  92. Nov 17, 2020
    The Best first-person shooter with power that i've played, the scenery is very beautiful and the story, plot-twist is amazing
    Graphics: 9/10. Art/Design/: 10/10. Music/Soundtrack: 8/10. Gameplay: 10/10. Story: 10/10 Interface: 8/10 World: 8/10; Cutscenes: 8/10.
  93. Sep 4, 2020
    the first bioshock game i play and it was the best game i play in franchies
  94. Sep 6, 2020
    My god! this game idea was in 2007? wooah this game created a world what nobody ever before this game is perfect in my opinion you need to play that's what I say to you
  95. Oct 15, 2020
    The best game Ive ever played. If you like shooters and a good story I recomend this obe
  96. Oct 17, 2020
    almost my favourite just beaten by Shadow of the Colossus it’s truly a game that changed the landscape forever
  97. Oct 17, 2020
    One of the best game in all time. Awesome story (ending is shocking), very good combat, specific and mysterious world. Beautiful.
  98. Oct 18, 2020
    Very cool and unique game. It is fun and its charming. Although if you miss any of the recordings you would not understand the plot
  99. Nov 2, 2020
    Dear Ken,

Would you kindly make more video games like this one?

A fan.
  100. Kmi
    Nov 4, 2020
    BioShock is a masterpiece and a monument in the FPS genre. It has an amazing and captivating story with one of the best plot twists in all of gaming history.

BioShock has great gameplay & a brand new take on magic in the form of plasmids, injections that give you special powers. These special powers can do everything from electrocuting your enemies to sending out bees to distract them. They are powerful enough to the point where it's a good idea to use them the majority of the time, but they are just weak enough so that you still need to rely heavily on the combination of both plasmids and weaponry. The gameplay also consists of the collection of materials and ADAM, which can be used to create useful items or purchase useful quirks, respectively.

The graphics of this game are very impressive considering when it was made, and the atmosphere is absolutely stunning. Rapture might very well be my favorite video game setting of all time. It takes an abandoned city and gives it a brand new steampunk-underwater vibe. I love it.

Overall, this game is fun, captivating, tense, beautiful, and a defining game of the FPS genre.

Universal acclaim - based on 44 Critic Reviews

1. A dark and astonishing masterpiece...I spend my career, and my gaming life, waiting for a moment when a game just astonishes me, when I can't believe what I'm seeing, what I'm doing. BioShock has five. [Sept 2007, p.66]
    The hours spent playing this masterpiece were the perfect encapsulation of why videogaming is such a favourite waste of time for so many of us. Thrilling, terrifying, moving, confusing, amusing, compelling, and very very dark. BioShock isn't simply the sign of gaming realising its true cinematic potential, but one where a game straddles so many entertainment art forms so expertly that it's the best demonstration yet how flexible this medium can be. It's no longer just another shooter wrapped up in a pretty game engine, but a story that exists and unfolds inside the most convincing and elaborate and artistic game world ever conceived.
    There is art here, despite what many would say isn't possible with games, from Roger Ebert to game designers like Hideo Kojima... BioShock stands as a monolithic example of the convergence of entertaining gameplay and an irresistibly sinister, engrossing storyline that encompasses a host of multifaceted characters. This is an essential gaming experience.