Oct 23, 2018With no campaign, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is still a capable sequel with three decent multiplayer offerings. Blackout is an addictive campfest. Zombies has more content than ever before but remains stuck in its ways. Last but not least, traditional multiplayer remains strong as it puts emphasis on teamwork and brings a few intelligent new modes across solid maps.
Oct 16, 2018CoD Black Ops 4 is a good game, where Treyarch succeeds in offering a AAA Battle Royale experience packed with goods ideas. The Zombie mode is bigger and exhilarating, but unfortunately the classic multiplayer mode doesn't offer anything really new. All that is not enough to make us all forget the solo campaign, which totally disappeared in this episode.
Nov 8, 2018Black Ops 4 combines all the elements of pop culture in gaming and the ease of access the franchise has always offered into one of the best Call of Duty games to come out in recent time. However, the AAA asking price for a minimized full title is slightly unnerving, as the game cannot and does not offer a full experience.
|This publication does not provide a score for their reviews.|
|This publication has not posted a final review score yet.|
|These unscored reviews do not factor into the Metascore calculation.|
Oct 13, 2018Blackout is the best part of this year’s Call of Duty package, and might even justify the cost of entry even with no singleplayer campaign. It hews very close to PUBG’s mold, maybe a bit too close for those who already have battle royale fatigue, but it repackages those ideas in the most polished form I’ve seen so far.
Awards & Rankings
Generally unfavorable reviews- based on 763 Ratings
Oct 12, 2018"Noone gives a f** about you" says adv- yea thats true, they dont care about gamers. They just give us another ugly boring Cod game for 60$,"Noone gives a f** about you" says adv- yea thats true, they dont care about gamers. They just give us another ugly boring Cod game for 60$, this time without even single player campaign, but with lame battle royale mode. Its as bad as ever. Avoid.… Full Review »
Oct 16, 2018i haven't played CoD since Black Ops 1 and this is precisely the same thing except there is NO singleplayer.
The netcode is an absolutei haven't played CoD since Black Ops 1 and this is precisely the same thing except there is NO singleplayer.
The netcode is an absolute joke. Hit boxes feel huge and all your shots connect. It may be nice for consoles but on PC, this is just an absolute joke.
Most maps are from Black Ops 1 too
I regret buying it and I wish I could sell it.… Full Review »
Oct 12, 2018Black Ops 4 is literally Black Ops 3.5.
It's not innovating and not fun at all, here's why. 1) It's now only on the Blizzard clientBlack Ops 4 is literally Black Ops 3.5.
It's not innovating and not fun at all, here's why.
1) It's now only on the Blizzard client which means they cut the user-base more than half. Why not release it on both Blizzard and Steam? No harm, no foul.
2) $60. For $60 you get Multiplayer/competitive, Battle Royale and Zombies. Back then (years ago) we got, a Campaign, Multiplayer/competitive and Zombies. Now you pay more for less. They put all their development resources into Battle Royale so they skipped out on the Campaign.
3) Battle Royale. 80% of players who bought Black Ops 4 are playing Blackout, the Battle Royale mode in this game. It's not a standalone game, not free or let's say $5 - 20 dollars, it's an add-on which means this tacked-on gamemode will die once the next Call of Duty comes out. Horrible business model. Did I mean it's unbalanced which it needs the standalone release for consistent updates?
4) Remastered maps. The development team lost it's "soul" and they just recreate old maps and make them "new" in order to not make new maps. Back to the not being innovating.
5) Operators. These "specialists" are basically Operators from Rainbow Six: Siege now. Back to the not being innovating.
6) Server tick-rate is low which means locked FPS.
7) Gameplay. Everyone is "squishy." You need to put 2 - 3 magazines into someone in order to kill them. Hardcore is best way to play for this type of game. If not, have fun going around a corner and someone camping it.
7) No cross-platform, Xbox players and PlayStation players can't play with each other.… Full Review »