8.2

1. Nov 13, 2011
    This game is the probably the best game since doom. I bet some people are saying "Its not enough like Black-ops!" Well i can tell you one thing. Shut up, seriously I'm not trying to be mean but its not supposed to.
    All games are not supposed to be the same, honestly. From the battle at bastogne to every other battle in the game. I mean the graphics, there awesome for there time. Don't say "oh there horrible!" because that was top of the line. And also, mods. Oh i love making mods, its my favorite. I've made a Civil war mod, and a GI Joe mod. Both of them very fun. thank you Grey Matter!
  2. CodyH
    Nov 19, 2008
    One of the best games of all time, it could only get better if you combine battlefield 2, RTCW :ET, and WWII Online. Now Activision start working! We want medics, more realism, no kill cam, more vehicles, less arcade style, objectives and NO DEATHMATCH multiplayer, make a multiplayer only that plays like the single player campaign, thats what fans want, and this game comes close to it.
  3. Apr 4, 2011
    Best WW2 multi-player.
    Dedicated servers with public files.
    Mods.
    Balanced weapons.
    Excellent maps.
    Large number of players in multi-player mode.
    Excellent community-created maps and even new game modes.
  4. ZackO.
    Oct 2, 2004
    Excellent. The multiplayer alone is worth the buy. all the new weapons and vehicles in MP are a blast, and you can return to the game's roots in maps like arnhem. The vehicle system brings an entire new way of thinking to the game. The new additions and game modes require more strategy than the original. the original multiplayer battles were usually won by running and gunning, butExcellent. The multiplayer alone is worth the buy. all the new weapons and vehicles in MP are a blast, and you can return to the game's roots in maps like arnhem. The vehicle system brings an entire new way of thinking to the game. The new additions and game modes require more strategy than the original. the original multiplayer battles were usually won by running and gunning, but this new MP is won by smart strategic moves. the single player is what brings my score down to a 9. sometimes it feels to linear and repetative, especially in the american campaign, which was the worst. The british ground missions were so awesome, especially when you are in the tree and the guys come and rescue you. The british air mission builds up alot of excitement and tension before the fighting begins, with the pilots chattering with eachother and the flak starting to rip through the planes. when fighters came in, a chill ran down my spine. The russian campaign had good spots and bad spots. The first Kursk battle was FANTASTIC! i thought it was better than stalingrad! the most exciting part was when the commisars get you on the truck, and you go to your trench position. the few moments before the battle starts are so incredibly tense. the artillery bombardment is a tease, and it doesnt last long. then there is a brief moment of silence, and then you hear the whistles in the distance, and legions of germans come charging over the hill! it was the most exciting part of the game! after the first trench battle, you do some run of the mill missions like the village invasion. The cool part is , you make "friends" with some of your comrades. they follow you and help you reach your objectives. The final assault on Ponyri is pretty awesome. the factory assault is exciting when you first get there, and all the russian squads are advancing from the front, and the german machine guns are raining down from the windows. After the factory, the final mission is to assault the train station. i didnt think this was as good as it could have been, the amount of enemies is overwhelming, and the stukas become very annoying and repetative. almost all of the russian forces are ovverun, and towards the end, i found myself hiding under the train hoping that i could stay alive till the reinforcements came. it was so overwhelming that i couldnt get myself to get up and start shooting, becuase i would have been instantly killed. The end cinematic is excellent, the train arrives and hundreds of russians pour out and trample the germans(literally!) i thought this was a good end to the game. Overall, the entire game is fabulous, with the exception of a few american missions. Expand
  5. FredK.
    Sep 12, 2007
    A brilliant FPS To begin with and an excellent expasion. the SP missions are just like the original but even more over the top, action is aplenty and is a mind blowing experience from start to finish. However UO's strong point does not stand with single player, oh no it's multiplayer where this game blows every thing else out of the water. again its more of the same, but with A brilliant FPS To begin with and an excellent expasion. the SP missions are just like the original but even more over the top, action is aplenty and is a mind blowing experience from start to finish. However UO's strong point does not stand with single player, oh no it's multiplayer where this game blows every thing else out of the water. again its more of the same, but with ALOT more maps (Bigger as well), more gametypes, vehicals, more guns ect ect. UO has not stepped a foot wrong and is well worth what ever you have to pay for it, it also has one of if not THE best communitys iv'e ever seen, and Punkbuster is a brilliant cheat detector makign your games all that more enjoyable. If you buy this game for Single player you will feel a little sad that it' sover so fast, but the moment you take it for a spin online you will rejoice the day this game for released. Expand
  6. AaronW.
    Sep 21, 2005
    This is the best game I ever played. It is perfect. I think that game RUUULLLEEEESSS. It is so much better than the original.I hope you like it.
  7. Jan 18, 2011
    Having not played this before, the single-player campaign holds up really well! I daresay the expansion is more challenging and compelling than the main game. The british campaign that begins in an airplane is superb!

I'd recommend it to any FPS fan that doesn't mind cranking back the graphics and enjoying a compelling WWII experience.
  8. HarmL.
    Oct 20, 2004
    Bit disappointing. Hectic shooting without the ballance of the original game. Tries to stretch the intense fighting too long and that gets boring sometimes. All was done in the original and better done.
  9. Chimp
    Aug 24, 2004
    Call of Duty is the best shooter ever and this expansion rules!
  10. Henry
    Sep 28, 2004
    Disappointed, dissatisfied, mediocre, are just some of the words for this game. Between Medal of Honour and the three add-ons for it, and Call of Duty and its add-on, I feel like I am replaying the same game over and over. I swear that in the last Call of Duty game I had to assault a lighthouse, and a main square in a Russian city. The game quickly became save/load/save/load type of game, Disappointed, dissatisfied, mediocre, are just some of the words for this game. Between Medal of Honour and the three add-ons for it, and Call of Duty and its add-on, I feel like I am replaying the same game over and over. I swear that in the last Call of Duty game I had to assault a lighthouse, and a main square in a Russian city. The game quickly became save/load/save/load type of game, where the computer would send endless waves of Germans at you until you crossed the magic line and triggered an event. The computer AI was horrible for this day an age. Your teammates would let the computer run by them while they were ?defending? the front door. All this game is, is an arcade game showed onto the PC. You have to do everything, from running around looking for the weapon to blow up the tank to quickly shooting everything in sight. The game is all eye candy, and they did a good job with this. From artillery raining down on you, to clouds from fires to the rain. Once again, game manufacturers don?t seem to get it, give us something different, how about some time and effort put into the game? Please stop producing nothing but eye candy, but give us a game. Worth buying? NO. Expand
  11. Lokesz
    Oct 22, 2004
    They took the most exciting moments of the original game and made a perfect arcade game of it. 10 points for arcade add on and 2 points for PC game add on makes a 6. They took the worst parts of the original game to make the add-on. Could have been so much better!
  12. V-Man
    Dec 19, 2006
    It was just as good as Call of Duty in every aspect except it didn't have as great of an ending mission, and the voice acting wasn't as good. However in some of the missions were great, like the airplane bombing mission was extraordinary. Otherwise though, it's just the same as the last game.
  13. ThomasA.
    Nov 4, 2004
    Absolutley superb single player missions despite being short and having a couple of annoying spots. The level designs are refreshing and exciting. Multiplayer is AWESOME (all those vehicles to drive! thank you!) though the RPG's need a little more anti-tank pep. Great WW2 atmosphere. I will say the tight linear gameplay is noticable and that sux... but it doesn't detract from Absolutley superb single player missions despite being short and having a couple of annoying spots. The level designs are refreshing and exciting. Multiplayer is AWESOME (all those vehicles to drive! thank you!) though the RPG's need a little more anti-tank pep. Great WW2 atmosphere. I will say the tight linear gameplay is noticable and that sux... but it doesn't detract from the enjoyment. Shooting from the planes is a nice break from FPS shootin. Perhaps a few too many explosions in some sequences. If you're considering buying this, expect to have fun with single player but only buy this if you want multiplayer action. Expand
  14. DonaldT.
    Oct 2, 2004
    Thanks to Multiplayer, I've earned $100 in tournament cash to help upgrade my computer so I can continue to make more cash! Thanks UO!
  15. J-lad
    Apr 9, 2007
    I like it because of multiplayer because you can ride in vehicles and they included the flamethrower and many more cool weapons.
  16. MattH.
    Nov 12, 2004
    This game RULES!!! The multiplayer rocks and the single player levels are better than ever! 2 words to sum up the awesomeness of this game: Tank Battles!!!
  17. SeanE.
    Dec 11, 2004
    This games is slightly better than the original 'Call of Duty'. In particular the programming for handgrenades. You get to participate in several different types of scenarios including being a gunner on a plane, tank driver, commando etc. I am still working my way through the scenarios and enjoying myself. A well done game. However, COD may be eclipsed soon by 'Brothers In This games is slightly better than the original 'Call of Duty'. In particular the programming for handgrenades. You get to participate in several different types of scenarios including being a gunner on a plane, tank driver, commando etc. I am still working my way through the scenarios and enjoying myself. A well done game. However, COD may be eclipsed soon by 'Brothers In Arms', which has the potential to be the next step in the evolution of WW2 first person shooters. Cordially. Expand
  18. MattG.
    Sep 16, 2004
    Call of Duty United Offensive is an amazing expantion pack. Who ever received this game from Gamespy is a f..... moron. Anyone else who says that the game sucks either hasn't played it or is jut being a devil's advocate. UO is a great game worth every penny...Single player is amazing and challenging and Multi Player is fun and excting compared to it's linear conterparts Call of Duty United Offensive is an amazing expantion pack. Who ever received this game from Gamespy is a f..... moron. Anyone else who says that the game sucks either hasn't played it or is jut being a devil's advocate. UO is a great game worth every penny...Single player is amazing and challenging and Multi Player is fun and excting compared to it's linear conterparts Multi-Player. Expand
  19. BaljotB.
    Sep 20, 2004
    This game is truly great, and a great example of what one can do with an aging graphics engine. The game, even though it does look good, shows that graphics cannot, absolutely cannot, make up for bad gameplay. The gameplay in this game is probably the best. Some areas are so tense and taut that you will forget that you are playing a game. My only small complaint is that it's a little This game is truly great, and a great example of what one can do with an aging graphics engine. The game, even though it does look good, shows that graphics cannot, absolutely cannot, make up for bad gameplay. The gameplay in this game is probably the best. Some areas are so tense and taut that you will forget that you are playing a game. My only small complaint is that it's a little short, but that can be easily beaten with the even harder difficulties, and the incredible multiplayer, which I am hooked on right now. Stop the German attacks, and put up a United Offensive. NOTE: Those who didn't like the British missions in Call of Duty will be pleasantly surprised here: they are a lot of fun. Expand
  20. JoeyDeA.
    Sep 20, 2004
    It should go without saying that anyone who liked Call of Duty should buy this. The multiplayer's been beefed up and ALL of the single player missions are now squad based (unlike the stupid Dam level in the original!), and most importantly, they're all fun.
  21. RayS.
    Sep 21, 2004
    Multiplayer is fantastic! Single player is not very good. Too many scripted actions?..take this route or die, do exactly this action or die. There no alternate actions that accomplish the same goal, as was the case with the original CoD. In this regard it?s similar to the MoH genre of games, no deviation from the fixed script.
  22. DomDude
    Feb 21, 2007
    This game absolutely rules and everyone should buy it. Multiplayer is a personal favorite as the user gets to play against people all over the world. It just amaaaaaaaaaaaazing!!!
  23. AnonymousMC
    Sep 19, 2007
    COD is one of the best games around ....plus you can mod it all you want. i give this game a 10 on my xfire rating i am rank 56 over all i have spent 3 years playing this game....roughly about 1683 hours spent into this game. Single player is also fun. you mod the ai to say shit
  24. ZennonM.
    Sep 17, 2004
    Yeh. Basically, I have found an expansion pack worthy of the game it is expanding. Finally. One gripe I have is that for some reason, the framerates are mysteriously lower than in the original. MOst likely because the levels are huge. Great work Grey Matter.
  25. TheButcherAndjelic
    Feb 23, 2005
    This game is one of the best i have ever played.Great single-player missions and multiplayer.This game doesnt deserve a 10.It deserves is a 12,13,15 even a 20.And the people who give it less than a 9 havent got taste for what is good.
  26. Warmonger
    Dec 12, 2006
    Good game but can be very difficult, the opening sequence in bastogne is case point....running from foxhole to foxhole trying to keep from getting killed was no fun at all! Don't get me wrong, I love a good challenge but too much is too much! It could have been better.
  27. Nov 21, 2011
    best Call of Duty MULTIPLAYER EVER.. period. i have been waiting for the CoD UO part II... but i don't think we will be awarded with such an incredible war multiplaye experience. i'm a CoD veteran since the very first CoD title. CoD4 was the last very good CoD. CoD UO best ever. Modern WarFAIL 2 and it's expansion pack (MW3) are probably the worst. IW & Activision abandoned us PCbest Call of Duty MULTIPLAYER EVER.. period. i have been waiting for the CoD UO part II... but i don't think we will be awarded with such an incredible war multiplaye experience. i'm a CoD veteran since the very first CoD title. CoD4 was the last very good CoD. CoD UO best ever. Modern WarFAIL 2 and it's expansion pack (MW3) are probably the worst. IW & Activision abandoned us PC gamers for the console market. Expand
  28. Mar 3, 2019
    Game: Call of Duty United Offensive
    Genre: First Person Shooter
    Developer: Grey Matter Publisher: Activision System: Steam (PC) Year of Release: 2004 Length of Playthrough: 8 Hours Total Score: 73/100 Value Score: 7.3/10 • Story: 7/10 • Characters: 7/10 • GamePlay: 8/10 • Graphics: 7/10 • Sound: 9/10 • Music: 7/10 • Length: 6/10 • Replay Value: 6/10 • Player Value:
    Game: Call of Duty United Offensive

• Music: 7/10
    • Length: 6/10
    • Replay Value: 6/10
    • Player Value: 6/10

Pros
    +3 Campaigns with about 13 missions
    +Multiplayer mode
    +Great voice acting and sound effects
    +Multiple difficulty modes
    +Variety of Gameplay styles (Solo, squad, tank, etc) like the first game

Cons
    -Sometimes the game's checkpoints do not save (uncommon)
    -Glitches where player can get stuck in certain locations (rare)
    -Can be tedious and unforgiving in regards to difficulty
    -Requires the first Call of Duty game
    -Shorter than the first game
  29. Nov 23, 2012
    This game has all new weapons and multyplayer maps that add more realism. And new multiplayer modes This game is intense
  30. Nov 5, 2013
    Best FPS game ive ever played, the multiplayer is just amazing, better than any of the new cods, cod2 this one and 1 maybe 4, are the best, all these new console people just have never witnessed the fitness.
  31. Dec 25, 2013
    An excellent expansion mod for the extraordinary original Call Of Duty. New weapons, tougher challenges, and most importantly, huge number of German soldiers approaching you from everywhere trying to take you down in one shot. I feel my heart racing insanely whenever I play the game.
  32. Nov 13, 2014
    For DLC, it is quite ok. I mean I wanted some time next PC. It is not long feld's game. original, that's why precisely is the DLC. but anyway, is good.
  33. Nov 10, 2016
    Отлично!
    Аддон уступает оригиналу, но он всё так же имеет крепкую атмосферу и крутые моменты.
    Это тоже маленький шедевр, который в принципе просто повторяет оригинал, но делает это отлично, да и уникальных моментов не так уж и мало.
    Отлично!
  34. Dec 1, 2019
    Call of Duty: United Offensive is just the best part of the series, even better than the 4 parts. Amazing as the 2004 game seems more interesting and variable than Battlefield V and Call of Duty WW2. The plot is excellent, the Soviet company turned out much better than in the original Call of Duty. Properly realize that the COD series began with such beautiful and games and turned into aCall of Duty: United Offensive is just the best part of the series, even better than the 4 parts. Amazing as the 2004 game seems more interesting and variable than Battlefield V and Call of Duty WW2. The plot is excellent, the Soviet company turned out much better than in the original Call of Duty. Properly realize that the COD series began with such beautiful and games and turned into a parody of itself. Expand
  35. Mar 26, 2020
    COD United Offensive is the first and only expansion (known today as DLC) that featured a bonus campaign before COD switched to just MP maps.
    United Offensive was developed by Grey Matter interactive who previously work on Return to Castle Wolfenstein, a game that is know for been one of the hardest shooters from the golden age of gaming, so... this game is though!!! really though and brutal at times, not recommended for casual gamers.
    The game features new missions and tree different campaigns: The American, The British and The Russian. In comparison to the first game, United Offensive has better production quality than the base game, more detailed environments, more variation on levels, visually it looks better.
    The game adds an important component that the base game lacks off... and that is a sprint bottom, now you can move faster to take cover on time to prevent die, which is something that will happen way to often here. As i mention United offensive is not as casual as the base game, here you will need fast reactions, move quickly and have a quick finger, enemies hates you and will crush you fast, part of the difficult relies on the aim bot system that enemies have... this guys won't miss a shoot!!!, still is not impossible to beat, but the failure screen will display a lot during your play time that it will become your new best friend, sometimes you won't know who hit you!!!
    The story is... still generic as hell, still lacking from memorable characters, but... the battle are now memorable and frenetic.
    Grey Matter did a good job with this one... shortly after this they were merged into Treyarch.
  36. Nov 1, 2018
    Игра отлична. Хорошие если не идеальное продолжение игры. Хороший геймплей. Игра не долгая и не короткая. Игра не лёгкая не которые уровни бросают вызов.
  37. Jan 28, 2021
    коммент для оценки коммент для оценки коммент для оценки коммент для оценки
  38. Jan 16, 2021
    This game was the best FPS game of its time... I think it's a classic and a great old game...
  39. Sep 26, 2020
    Лучшая игра, лучший шутер своего времени, игра положила новое начало в данном жанре и вывела его на новый уровень. Конечно в 2020 игра смотрится уныло, на 2к разрешение и мониторе 32 дюйма играть уже нормально не получается, все размыто. Но в свое время прошел на одном дыхании 10/10Лучшая игра, лучший шутер своего времени, игра положила новое начало в данном жанре и вывела его на новый уровень. Конечно в 2020 игра смотрится уныло, на 2к разрешение и мониторе 32 дюйма играть уже нормально не получается, все размыто. Но в свое время прошел на одном дыхании 10/10
  40. Jul 15, 2020
    It does not worth a 10 like the Call of Duty but still very good.

More guns than in the first game.
    The levels are not that realisitc as the first game.

Now the multiplayer Made my entire childhood waaay more better. In this Call of Duty , You can drive cars,tanks , destroy the enemy bunkers , It's like battlefield but different.
  41. Feb 12, 2020
    As good as the first Call of Duty. It has very good story and maps and objectives.
  42. Feb 25, 2020
    All games are not supposed to be the same, honestly. Fro
  43. May 27, 2020
    a ser feita em breve jakjalkahslkdhalkshdlkahslkdahslkdakhldhsaldhaklshdlkahsdklah
  44. Jan 29, 2021
    Questo e il primo DLC di Call Of Duty che include altre tipologie di battaglie, il gameplay e lo stesso anche la grafica resta simile al primo Call Of Duty.
  45. Jul 5, 2020
    Не помню где и почему, но присутствуют уровне, которые на сложном, вызывают крайнее не правильное горение пукана, которое вызвано просто не сбалансированной сложностью.
  46. Oct 20, 2020
    [PT-BR] CALL OF DUTY: UNITED OFFENSIVE é uma expansão do CALL OF DUTY 1 que tendo o mesmo tempo ou até superior que o próprio jogo base, a expansão traz consigo lugares totalmente novos e novos movimentos para os personagens, combates aéreos e apenas do jogo ter o modo multiplayer ainda possui alguns jogadores, mas a grande maioria creio que seja americano pois não achei ninguém online nos[PT-BR] CALL OF DUTY: UNITED OFFENSIVE é uma expansão do CALL OF DUTY 1 que tendo o mesmo tempo ou até superior que o próprio jogo base, a expansão traz consigo lugares totalmente novos e novos movimentos para os personagens, combates aéreos e apenas do jogo ter o modo multiplayer ainda possui alguns jogadores, mas a grande maioria creio que seja americano pois não achei ninguém online nos serves do brasil, a quantidade de jogadores no multiplayer é muito pouco mesmo mas é coisa mais que normal pois é um jogo que logo em breve completara 20 anos, mas quem compra esse jogo não compra pelo Mulitplayer e sim pela Campanha, não me arrependo nem um pouco de jogar esse jogo maravilhoso OBs: necessita do CALL OF DUTY 1 para jogar o game !!! CASO NÃO SAIBA INGLÊS BAIXE A TRADUÇÃO DO GAME NO GOOGLE !!! Expand
  47. Feb 14, 2021
    Как и сама игра, дополнение тоже понравилось! В этом дополнении добавили что-то новое и это хорошо.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 54 Critic Reviews

1. Simply put, is a great expansion to an already great game. You'll have all the elements of stressful fun: Running through explosions, shooting tons of enemies, and experiencing a variety of World War II situations right at the front lines.
  2. The new multiplayer maps and modes give Call of Duty a good lift to add more variety to the game play and add modes that have always been popular in the online community.
    The multiplayer is a generous force with new modes, and significantly more depth allows the game to stand next to first-person shooters designed explicitly for multiplayer.