8.1

1. Feb 24, 2020
    Good game but with some serious flaws. The main one is that it's extremely repetitive since while the puzzle game is interesting it does have its limits and it reaches a point that it becomes mostly the same without much room to grow other than doing speed runs which isn't the cup of team of most people. The other flaw is that while that story isn't horrible it does get quite silly andGood game but with some serious flaws. The main one is that it's extremely repetitive since while the puzzle game is interesting it does have its limits and it reaches a point that it becomes mostly the same without much room to grow other than doing speed runs which isn't the cup of team of most people. The other flaw is that while that story isn't horrible it does get quite silly and simplistic and similarly to the puzzle game it does get quite repetitive especially for the largest part of the first part of the game. Expand
  2. Jan 15, 2019
    This game has a great storyline with a lot of endings, and the gameplay is a good mix of Dating sim and one of the best puzzles that humanity has invented.
  3. Jan 16, 2019
    Catherine is a fantastic game, and it being on more platforms is great news, even if it doesn’t offer any new content or relevant new features.
  4. Nov 27, 2019
    This game is nothing special. I must say that, while the block puzzles throughout the game are fun at the beginning, they quickly turn outright frustrating and completely convoluted. I hated the block puzzles. They were boring and I wish I could just skip them and get to the story part of the game. Speaking of, the story is pretty stupid but also funny at parts. It's about a thirtyThis game is nothing special. I must say that, while the block puzzles throughout the game are fun at the beginning, they quickly turn outright frustrating and completely convoluted. I hated the block puzzles. They were boring and I wish I could just skip them and get to the story part of the game. Speaking of, the story is pretty stupid but also funny at parts. It's about a thirty something year old man being super dishonest to two different girls. One of whom he is already dating and about to marry, the other is some blonde bimbo who showed up and seduced him while wearing what is basically lingerie. The whole time, he bangs on about how guilty he feels to his friends and does nothing about it until the very end. I'd say it's pretty standard and not that interesting but I got a good ending so I was relieved at the end as opposed to being even more pissed off. Overall, this game is limiting its audience by a lot. I only played it because the creators of Persona, a series which I adore, made the game. I'd totally recommend playing persona 3, 4, or 5 instead of this. Expand
  5. Jan 12, 2019
    muy buen juego uno de los mejores, único, me encanto su estilo de estrategia y la historia!!!
  6. Mar 10, 2021
    wtf is this "game"? Just some very bad anime, not a game at all. how is this getting 10s?..
  7. Mar 31, 2020
    Bavil me pribeh. To byl taky nakonec jediny duvod proc jsem hru dohral. Libilo se mi psani SMS v hospode. Rozhovory. No a proste me zajimalo jak moje rozhodnoti ovlivni konec.

Puzzle cast me bavila asi tak do 4 kapitoly. Kde jsem zazil snad nejvetsi herni frustraci od roku 2000. Boss 4 kapitoly me malem donutil prohodit monitor oknem a zapalit barak. I kdyz jsem nakonec tuhle uroven pokoril tak me necekal zadny zaval nadseni ze jsem to zvladl a zadna odmena se nedostavila. Zacal jsem tuhle cast nesnaset. Nastesti dalsi kapitoly byly v pohode dokud jsem se nedostal do kapitoly 7 clocktower. Tam jsem se hrou krasne na tyden seknul.

Vratil jsem se az s youtube navodem na jednotlive urovne (kvuli dohrani pribehu). Urovne co byli pak dal uz byli datelne bez nej. Proste jsem zazil 2 roadblocky. A chut uz se mi k hratelne casti nevratila. Hral jsem to na normal. Holt tlak z casoveho limitu neni pro me.

Jeste jeden zapor a to k pribehu. Vyrecnost hlavniho hrdiny trpi klasickou ala Japan vyrecnosti. Kouskave vety, koktani, zamlouvani atd. Stacilo kolikrat vsechno rici a byl klid :D
  8. Jul 1, 2019
    so just finished and damn it was good. story about love between you and two hot girls one of them is really hot (who finished game know what i'm talking about). But lets talk about the game - that like movie where u choice some answers (not exactly like Telltale Games) but between story episodes u must solve different puzzle to reach the top of it. it can sound boring but it perfectlyso just finished and damn it was good. story about love between you and two hot girls one of them is really hot (who finished game know what i'm talking about). But lets talk about the game - that like movie where u choice some answers (not exactly like Telltale Games) but between story episodes u must solve different puzzle to reach the top of it. it can sound boring but it perfectly mixed with plot twist some of them make you open your mouth like it Vincent do =D. so Catherine is a fantastic game with a lot of endings so good luck you get your own best end !=3 Expand
  9. Apr 16, 2020
    Catherine is a game that i hear about since it released, and i usually hate puzzle games (sorry im a lazy brain) but i had to give Catherine a shot, after seeing it on sale. The team behind Persona is great in getting you invested in a plot, and this game do it great. I fought against my puzzle problem, and beat Catherine because the plot got me so tight! In the end, i was enjoying soCatherine is a game that i hear about since it released, and i usually hate puzzle games (sorry im a lazy brain) but i had to give Catherine a shot, after seeing it on sale. The team behind Persona is great in getting you invested in a plot, and this game do it great. I fought against my puzzle problem, and beat Catherine because the plot got me so tight! In the end, i was enjoying so much the puzzles, that now i want to replay it badly.
    Please, give Catherine a shot!
  10. May 19, 2020
    **** puzzles, nonsense story, **** this game. The levels were designed by morons and the dialogue was written by insane pigeons
  11. Jan 20, 2019
    This game is absolutely terrible. 2/10 for the puzzle aspect, although puzzles that have time limit are actually an excercise in frustration. You cannot stop and think, you need to sort them out RIGHT NOW BECAUSE THE CLOCK IS TICKING. No, this is not fun at all, so be warned if you want to go ahead with it anyway. Plus, there's the story. The story about a guy that wants love, but is inThis game is absolutely terrible. 2/10 for the puzzle aspect, although puzzles that have time limit are actually an excercise in frustration. You cannot stop and think, you need to sort them out RIGHT NOW BECAUSE THE CLOCK IS TICKING. No, this is not fun at all, so be warned if you want to go ahead with it anyway. Plus, there's the story. The story about a guy that wants love, but is in general dishonest with both of the girls that show interest in him and is to make a choice between them. And on top of that, there's the game mechanic that forces you to think in a conventional way of society rules. Marriage is pictured as the only possible happy outcome (despite 9 different possible endings to the game) of any relationship where people stay together, which is utter nonsense. The only way the game can end in a kind of "free" way, is completely fictional involving demons, lord of hell, goddess of love, etc. There's no possibility to just be with whoever you want to be, have kids with whoever you want and not having the choice of "either or" in front of you all the time. Monogamy screams out of this game so much that it makes me sick. Not to mention, dishonesty. The game creators didn't come up with the possibility to just tell the truth: "Look, I want to f*ck you both, you're up for it or not?". End of story. But then there would be no possibility to come up with this convoluted, dramatic, eyes-rolling, frustrating, cliche story. But I guess that's Japanese style. Sex is always perverted and shameful, relationships are always dishonest, true desires and feelings are always expressed at the end with the big effort and struggle. If you're Japanese, you'll probably like it. If you think marriage and monogamy is the only way to live your life happily, you'll probably like it. If you're a woman, you'll probably like it as well. If you're a man without complexes, that likes to set your own rules with everything, you'll find this game story rigid and boring. Use at your own risk. Expand
  12. Feb 2, 2020
    This is a rare gem in video games, so unique everyone should play it no matter where they come from. Great tense puzzle game play combined with a plot with multiple possible endings that surprises and delivers.
  13. Jan 11, 2019
    Game claims unlocked frame rate however anyone with high refresh rate can tell its locked to 30 fps moving mouse cursor alone and the game play is also tied down to 30 fps the frame counter may report higher but fake frames are inserted in they do not make the game appear smoother those fake frames, i am hoping this is a bug the port quality could be far better, there is a feedback threadGame claims unlocked frame rate however anyone with high refresh rate can tell its locked to 30 fps moving mouse cursor alone and the game play is also tied down to 30 fps the frame counter may report higher but fake frames are inserted in they do not make the game appear smoother those fake frames, i am hoping this is a bug the port quality could be far better, there is a feedback thread up on steam page but not seen responses yet from devs. Expand
  14. Dec 24, 2019
    such an amazing puzzle game by Atlus, super excited that this is finally on PC. i put tons of hours back in the day on the 360 getting all achievements which was a nightmare and im prepare to do that all over again. the co-op on this game is frustrating, stressful but yet its enjoyable. i highly recommend anybody to play this amazing game and help support Atlus and hopefully they'll bringsuch an amazing puzzle game by Atlus, super excited that this is finally on PC. i put tons of hours back in the day on the 360 getting all achievements which was a nightmare and im prepare to do that all over again. the co-op on this game is frustrating, stressful but yet its enjoyable. i highly recommend anybody to play this amazing game and help support Atlus and hopefully they'll bring the persona series to PC so more people can enjoy them. Expand
  15. Jan 16, 2020
    -84-
    -84-
    I think that it's incredible how Catherine manages to make a game focused around puzzles so interesting and ingenious. There are a lot of techniques and ways to tackle the stairs/walls that make the puzzles of this game that I can't help but admire the makers of the game for it. The voice acting is very cool, the narrator reads just anything and the way the game lets you make decisions and throws you through this emotional roller coaster is impressive. If you're in for some romance, hard life style decisions, puzzles and some explicit content this is for you. Prepare to be invested.
  16. Feb 22, 2020
    Ахуенная игра, хотя я слегка джойстик разхуярил когда проходил на hard mode.
    Думал что я умный и мой мозг со старта вывезет все. Оказалось, что я тупой и наиграл за 1 свое прохождения больше 40 часов. Хотя все сам прошел и не смотрел летс плеи.
    Ахуенная игра, хотя я слегка джойстик разхуярил когда проходил на hard mode.

Геймплей на хард моде пушка, хотя порой мои кривые руки заставляли меня ошибаться и все повторять заново, но это уж моя проблема. Решил я посмотреть что там на иззи мод. Я слегка офигел, Задачки очень просты, я бы по этому советовал играть на харде

Сюжет пиздат мне понравился как ГГ с тряки становился уверенный и уже точно знал что он хочет, еще круто что очень много концовок, игру можно пройти по крайне мере аж 3 раза(на разных уровнял сложности)

ПЫ: в комментах пендос пишет что головоломки на скорость это плохо. Пусть поиграет в тетрис 99.
  17. Dec 1, 2020
    I'm a little late to the party but I beat this game recently because it was on sale on steam. I always wanted to play it on PS3 all those years ago but never got around to picking it up.

I must say this game was pretty good! The gameplay was fun, invigorating, and challenging. It involved creating a pathway to the end of a high tower you build out of blocks by pulling them among other things. I love the pure freedom you have to shape Vincent's character and shape how the story goes. It's one of the better story games I've played in Video Game history really. I ended up having Vincent marry Katherine and seeing Katherine cry in the True Lover ending broke my heart.

I really like the idea of the nightmares and how they can kill you in real life and no one in the real world can explain the deaths. It reminds me a lot of nightmare on elm street. Seeing Vincent go from meek to badass was great and was what I wanted for Vincent.

Another thing I loved was you get to see what other first time players answered after each floor.

Overall, if you like story-driven games, you should definitely play this game at least once.
  18. Jan 7, 2021
    Un juego de puzle con estetica anime. Con diseños preciosos, una gran historia, una BSO de excepción, adictivo y tremendamente original. Muy disfrutable y en español. Diversion y nervio puro. Lastima que solo sean sobre 12 horas de duración. Muy rejugable. Pocos puntos negativos, muy muy cuidado.
  19. Sep 21, 2021
    O som do jogo é muito bom, o gameplay é legal mas fica repetitivo e a história é incrível. (Final arrastado também nuss)
  20. Jul 26, 2020
    One of greatest games of 2011 was finally released for pc 7 years after!
    I was glad and recently bought it on discount... This is an original puzzle with creative narratice... a little imbalanced difficulty (some last levels are easier than mid-section)... Strongly advise this game to everyone who loves original puzzles and semi-cartoon style.
    Feministic in the plot, but cool in it's
    One of greatest games of 2011 was finally released for pc 7 years after!

Feministic in the plot, but cool in it's originality.
  21. Dec 19, 2020
    One of the best games of all time and probably the best puzzle video game i have ever played
  22. Jun 25, 2021
    Una historia interesante, más adulta de lo que estamos acostumbrados en videojuegos tratando el tema tabú del sexo.
    El juego en sí es muy profundo, quizás demasiado y no se llega a explotar del todo.
    Me explico, hay dentro del juego como dos variantes, apilar cajas para poder seguir subiendo donde la posición y el orden es importante y por otro lado encontramos trampas. En las fases
    En las fases iniciales se aplica más lo primero y en las finales se abusa de las trampas, dándole al juego un componente más de suerte (las trampas son aleatorias) que de puzzle en sí.
    Esto se compensa con un minijuego, pero en mi opinión deberían haber fortalecido los puzzles algo más.
    Para terminar decir que el juego es entretenido y esa mezcla de parte historia, parte juego hace que se pase volando.
  23. Oct 22, 2021
    Do you like to torture yourself with puzzles that just are 40% trial and error, 40% bad controls and 20% actual fun and rewarding thinking? Go ahead, buy it.

Do you wanna experience a story that could be be resolved at any point in the game if the mc had balls bigger than a child's or an IQ with more than 2 digits? Go ahead, buy it. I can't tell if they tried to create a puzzle game

I can't tell if they tried to create a puzzle game pretending to be a story game, or a story game pretending to be a puzzle game. Because they **** up both parts...

Generally favorable reviews - based on 17 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Dec 11, 2019
    Eight years after the original this sexy horror didn’t even get one wrinkle! It’s worth to give it another chance even if you’ve scored with Atlus’ work before. [03/2019, p.79]
  2. Aug 29, 2019
    Catherine Classic may have lost some of its freshness over time, but it remains an intriguing title for those looking for a game that defies expectations. Its more adult style may seem too simple for some, but it's something that very few visual novels attempt to do. The puzzle aspect remains hellish in difficulty but is still fun once you learn all of the tricks and can deal with the imposed time limits. For longtime fans, there isn't much here to bring you back, but unless you don't have your PS3 anymore or an Xbox One to play the Xbox 360 version, Catherine Classic is worth checking out.
  3. Feb 7, 2019
    Catherine Classic may not be the definitive way to experience Vincent's journey of self discovery, mainly due to some pesky technical issues, but it is a solid port nonetheless, with a few improvements of its own. Faster loading times, crisper visuals, and dual audio support, elevate the title from beyond just another bog standard PC port. It is unfortunate that English audio clips in when playing in Japanese, but Catherine is so thoughtfully designed, and so well-written that it's easy enough to endure the port's more disappointing qualities in favour of the incredible experience underneath. Catherine Classic is a great alternative to the PS3 original, if flawed.