8.2

1. Oct 2, 2018
    Run, jump, air-jump, reset, repeat. It's a good game for its genre but its genre it relatively overdone lately and it's repetitive. If you are in for a platformer of the basic style with some modern touches here and there go for it but don't expect anything revolutionary or original or varying.
  2. Jan 24, 2019
    Celeste is ok. The music is good, the characters are well rounded, the mechanics are simplistic and escalate well; going from dash and jump to super double dash jump extraordinaire. The dev team did a great job on the look and there is some nice storytelling going on (the ski lift part and Theo trapped in the eye stand out in my mind).

Unfortunately, i didn't finish the game because the

Unfortunately, i didn't finish the game because the gameplay got too annoying for me. The levels last too long, and the really frustrating parts don't give you time to think and plan out your strategy, relying on reflexes and making it very trial and error based. Difficult games need downtime so you can unwind and keep going IMO. I'm also not a fan of the condescending way the game treats deaths, like someone giving you fighting advice while he kicks you in the stomach "Oh don't worry, you'll get up. Everyone makes mistakes! *kick* *kick*"

I gave up on the seventh level after looking up a walkthrough for a part I couldn't get past, and found out that I'd have to go back to previous levels to unlock the eighth level. I didn't feel like putting up with that just to see the end of Madeleine's story. Pick it up if you feel, but it isn't for everyone
  3. Jun 2, 2020
    Не особо понял хайпа вокруг этой игры. Обычный пиксельный платформер, управление какое-то тугое, визуально меня не зацепила, история тоже не понравилась.
  4. Oct 27, 2019
    Самая обычная метроидвания, только с большим количеством прыжков. Если не слушать всю эту чепуху о том, что это история о девочке, которая борется с болезнью, и тут все такое иносказательное, бла бла бла - нет там никакой борьбы ни с чем, обычная метроидвания, бегаешь прыгаешь дерешься. Ничего особенного ни визуально, ни по игровому процессу. Игра не плохая - она обычная стандартная.Самая обычная метроидвания, только с большим количеством прыжков. Если не слушать всю эту чепуху о том, что это история о девочке, которая борется с болезнью, и тут все такое иносказательное, бла бла бла - нет там никакой борьбы ни с чем, обычная метроидвания, бегаешь прыгаешь дерешься. Ничего особенного ни визуально, ни по игровому процессу. Игра не плохая - она обычная стандартная. Кстати, ее бесплатно раздавали в Эпиг гейм стор, я именно там ее получил, и думал - вау, столько хайпа, сейчас посмотрю. Поставил, поиграл полчаса, снес - вообще не цепляет. Середняк Expand
  5. Sep 6, 2020
    As a platformer it's a fun game. The difficulty pretty fair, you die a bunch, but aside from a death count there isn't really any repercussions to dying other than having to try again from the beginning of that small area, so it's no big deal. Overall I was pleased with the difficulty level and had fun playing through this game, though it does get a bit boring at times.

However, one of

However, one of my issues with the game and the main reason I couldn't bring myself to give it a higher score is that I was not too impressed with the controllers. The mechanic of having to hold a button to hold on to the walls and manually move up and down (different than most platformers where you hold on to walls upon contact and slowly slide down) combined to a dash ability that didn't feel very precise (I found that the game was a little too sensitive in detecting dashes as a diagonal movement when you're actually trying to go straight) made me not love the flow of the movements in this game, and as a platformer that's a big deal. The movement mechanics were obviously a design choice, and I suppose it's purely going to depend of the opinion of the player, but, personally, while I wouldn't call it bad and I did get used to it fairly quickly, I also I didn't love it. The flow of the movements just didn't feel great for me.

Another point that I didn't love was some of the visual design aspects of the levels. Sometimes things are not very visible or clear. For example, chapter 4 has some pink platforms in front of a pink background. I found myself more often than I would like to admit not noticing at first something that was right in front of my face and obviously made to be used (and I mean literally not seeing it at first). As this is not something I find myself experiencing on other games of the genre, I have to assume it's an issue I had with the design of this game in particular.

And finally: the story. Not going to lie, I didn't like it. The dialogs, especially the ones with your "evil" self, are pretty cringy and felt pretty shallow. I understand what they were aiming for with the theme of overcoming depression and anxiety, and I have played other games that did a phenomenal job with this theme, but Celeste just wasn't one of them. Perhaps it was the characters and the dialogs, or perhaps it was that story felt out of place with the gameplay (probably both), but the story didn't really work for me and felt mostly cringy and something I wanted to skip.

tl;dr: not one of my favorite platformers, and I probably won't be replaying it in the future, but I still had fun as a one time playthrough.
  6. Dec 29, 2019
    La siguiente reseña fue publicada originalemten en 3djuegos:

El pequeño que compitió con los grandes JUGABILIDAD: Es bastante difícil y desafiante... es prácticamente todo lo que podré decir. El titulo no es malo, al contrario, pero es que no nos ofrece nada que no hayamos visto ya. Si bien, nos ofrece una trama interesante y unos Boss muy buenos, todo lo demás se siente muy
    La siguiente reseña fue publicada originalemten en 3djuegos:

El pequeño que compitió con los grandes

JUGABILIDAD:
    Es bastante difícil y desafiante... es prácticamente todo lo que podré decir.

El titulo no es malo, al contrario, pero es que no nos ofrece nada que no hayamos visto ya. Si bien, nos ofrece una trama interesante y unos Boss muy buenos, todo lo demás se siente muy simple. Y no hablo de la dificultad, que ya dije que es difícil.

Hay muchos cuartos secretos (que la mayoría de las veces es imposible saber que están ahí a menos que te topes con ellos de pura casualidad) y niveles desbloqueables pero es una adición de mera cantidad y no calidad. Eso sí, es muy adictivo y no querremos dejar de intentar hasta pasar de área.

GRÁFICOS:
    El juego no apunta a innovar aquí, usa un estilo de arte retro que luce muy bien pero que carece de "eso" que te hace distinguirlo de tantas otras producciones de allá afuera.

SONIDO:
    La música es muy buena. La pieza tema, que fue orquestada en los TGA del 2018, está ya en mis favoritas. Fuera de eso se vuelve algo repetitiva al usar remixes de la misma canción para escenarios posteriores. Yo SÉ que esa es la intención, pero no le quita el poco trabajo que hay detrás.

INNOVACIÓN:
    Celeste bebe mucho de otros juegos como Megaman o Metroid, no creo que a estas alturas pueda aportar algo al género y menos siendo que su mayor logro es su dificultad
  7. Oct 10, 2020
    This game is good, but overrated. This is not a masterpiece with original gameplay. It's just another good platformer. And here's reasons why this game is not so good.
    - pixel graphics. Pixel art graphics are becomed an annoying cliche of Indie games. I was sicked with these "retro" styled visuals. Even SNES games have much more better pixel art than this game.
    - The game itself is not
    - The game itself is not original or innovative. It's just a nice Super Meat Boy clone.
    - The storyline is not so good.
  8. Mar 23, 2020
    Story about a girl trying to make peace with herself.
    A decent platformer,but the atmosphere loses its charm pretty quickly and game starts being repetitive.
    Still would recommend you to play it for 2 hours.
  9. Jun 6, 2020
    It's okay for procrastinating at work, but I don't think I had a lot of fun. The gameplay is at least somewhat creative and varied, so I didnt delete it.
  10. Aug 15, 2020
    a man goes to the doctor. says he's depressed. he says life seems harsh and cruel. says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. the doctor says "the treatment is simple. the great clown pagliacci is in town tonight. go and see him, that should pick you up." the man bursts into tears. he says "but doctor... i am pagliacci."

Generally favorable reviews - based on 17 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    May 16, 2018
    Celeste has a lot going for it: virtuoso level design, top notch pixel art, fantastic chiptune soundtrack, an overall smart design, huge speedrunning potential and some deeper meaning (climbing the mountain as a metaphor of overcoming depression). Be aware though that it requires flawless precision and you will count your deaths in thousands. [04/2018, p.53]
  2. Mar 21, 2018
    Along with its charming 2D retro look and awesome soundtrack the game cast a spell on me with its authentic characters.
  3. Feb 26, 2018
    Celeste is just an outstanding platformer, but also an emotional adventure full of intimate moments.