5.6

1. Nov 25, 2012
    As far as I understand, Cities XL 2012 is basically Cities XL 2011 with some extra fluff and models. That said, XL 2012 is the first game in the series Ive tried and I think its terrific. The graphics is good, and the depth is much greater than Sim City which is the only real competitor in the genre. The cities can be done very realistic because it doesn't use a limited grid system. TheresAs far as I understand, Cities XL 2012 is basically Cities XL 2011 with some extra fluff and models. That said, XL 2012 is the first game in the series Ive tried and I think its terrific. The graphics is good, and the depth is much greater than Sim City which is the only real competitor in the genre. The cities can be done very realistic because it doesn't use a limited grid system. Theres also quite a lot of mods available. I would probably give a 10/10 but theres one big problem: The game is poorly optimized and doesn't support multi-core cpus. In other words, good luck trying to build a metropolis. Expand
  2. Apr 9, 2012
    Having never played any of the previous cities xl games I saw this game and thought I would give it a go.
    All I can say is brilliant! The graphics are such an improvement from Sim city. I have enjoyed the game for about 12 hours now and can say that there is a small memory leak but it only affects me after about every 1.5 hours. just a quick back to the menu and back into the game solves the problem. If you have never played any of the XL titles, I recommend it. If you are upgrading from XL 2011 then I have read its not really worth it. A9/10 just because of the memory leak.
  3. Nov 23, 2015
    The game is just amazing. I love play this game. For me this game is amazing ! Nothing more to comment because this game is amazing ! I rate this 10/10

Mixed or average reviews - based on 18 Critic Reviews

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Mar 1, 2012
    If you haven't played any of the franchise games and are looking for a recent sim city game, this will keep you busy for a while. To the rest, Cities XL 2012 will probably feel more of an expansion (fully priced though), than a new, independent addition to your collection. [March 2012]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 20, 2012
    Maybe it is the nicest city sim but unfortunately it's only the empty shell. Too many design mistakes and an user-unfriendly interface make Cities XL 2012 wasted opportunity. [Dec 2011]
  3. Dec 7, 2011
    An entertaining balancing of a city budget and a flourishing metropolis resulting in a cheerful feeling is being destroyed by its need to build up several cities from the very beginning and by its not so user friendly road / whole city blocks construction.