8.7

1. Sep 7, 2016
    Clannad is a great story, I love it. However, on Steam, this "game" is $50. Why would I pay $50 for the Visual Novel when I could pay $15 for the show on iTunes? $30 if you include After Story. If it was on sale for less than $10, maybe I'd get it. Unfortunately, it's not, and it simply isn't worth all that money for me.
    Now, I wouldn't count this as a "Game" either because it is a Visual
    Now, I wouldn't count this as a "Game" either because it is a Visual Novel. It's actually just a more expensive version of the show. There's no real "gameplay". It's just like clicking to get to the next slide in a slideshow of slightly poorly drawn anime characters. Honestly, I could draw better than that when I was in elementary school.

Obviously this is just my personal preference, but sacrificing "Gameplay" because I'd rather watch the show for about $35 cheaper, I think that's a better idea for me and my wallet.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 5 Critic Reviews

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Mar 31, 2016
    Clannad is a Japanese visual novel where you play as a young man called Tomoya Okazaki who spends his days going to school and hanging out with his friends. After a slow start the plot really starts to develop and you will find yourself involved in various romances and in other dramatic storylines. You will also cry a lot because the game can be really touching sometimes. I only wish that the game didn’t have so much filler material. It would have been better if the game had been a bit shorter. [March 2016]
    I don’t remember the last time I was so interested in a story labelled as “romance,” but then came Clannad and everything changed. I never know a romance story could be so engaging, so multifaceted, and so emotional.
  3. Dec 21, 2015
    My biggest complaint to the CLANNAD visual novel is just how long it is. Having all the different routes and choices is great but it is also very time-consuming.