6.6

1. Apr 30, 2019
    One of the best coop survival games i had ever seen. Yeah, it's true it was buggy a lot in the beginning of it's path, and has some troubles now, but the number of possibilities in this game is quite big. Devs making updates often enough to fix bugs, and another cool thing about this game is workshop. U can download mods to your own cooperative or public server, that adds new things inOne of the best coop survival games i had ever seen. Yeah, it's true it was buggy a lot in the beginning of it's path, and has some troubles now, but the number of possibilities in this game is quite big. Devs making updates often enough to fix bugs, and another cool thing about this game is workshop. U can download mods to your own cooperative or public server, that adds new things in gameplay, new weapons, buildings, enemies, animations and a lot of more. The game is still developing and promises to be even more cool! Expand
  2. Aug 5, 2020
    This game is really buggy and feels unpolished, had so much potential but the lacks of new contents makes it boring. the servers are bad and laggy
  3. TIZ
    Dec 13, 2019
    I bought this game at launch and was disappointed. But Conan Exiles in 2019 is something else. The combat is still a little bit clunky and needs lots of rework...but the gameplay overall is super fun and the co-op can be enjoyed for endless hours! The continued updates, balance patches and quality of life (and finally mounts!) are great. If they keep rolling out updates like this whoI bought this game at launch and was disappointed. But Conan Exiles in 2019 is something else. The combat is still a little bit clunky and needs lots of rework...but the gameplay overall is super fun and the co-op can be enjoyed for endless hours! The continued updates, balance patches and quality of life (and finally mounts!) are great. If they keep rolling out updates like this who knows...game could easily be a 10/10. I would actually rate this game an 8/10, but I believe the overall user scores are way too harsh. Therefore I rate it a 9/10! Expand
  4. Mar 11, 2019
    I tried the game during the Steam free weekend. As I always say, this is the best thing any devs could do to let people understand whether they want to play it or not.
    I personally decided that this game is well worth it's price, especially with a 50% discount. I want to say at once, that my experince is based only on PvE so far, because I wanted to understand the mechanics first. Now, I'm not a great fan of survival and crafting games, tried Ark (didn't like it, can't even tell why) and play Subnautica and No Man's Sky. Compared to those Conan Exiles is more interesting for me in the following aspects:
    1. Setting.
    When I was younger, I was huge fan of Robert Howard's books, and still love the world. In my opinion, the world is done very good. It's interesting to explore and it's fun and challenging to learn how to overcome the world's hazards.
    2. Crafting.
    Compared to Subnautica and NMS, the materials you youse are more familiar and logical. Even without good explanatory system (which those two titles have, especially Subnautica) you can generally understand what resources are needed to craft certain things. It would really be nice to have some tutorial in-game, but all in all the system looks fine.
    3. Combat.
    Well, it's quite simple, compared to, say, The Witcher 3 or Middle-Earth: Shadow games, but it has it's tricks (God, if only I had known about the daggers givivng a bleeding effect from the start!) and plays and feels nice and challenging.
    4. Construction.
    Feels logical, works ok. I'm not a pro at this stuff, so the flaws I experienced, like inability to place some components where I want them might come from my lack of skill. When you leave the starting desert and first thing you see is a bloody player built Tower of Orthanc or a huge fortress - that makes you think the system is working.
    5. Story.
    From what I've learned, it exists. But I only saw the very start of it, and of course it can't be compared to The Witcher, or The Elder Scrolls series. The Journey offers some quests, which serve more like a road map and help to level up your character.
    6. Graphics.
    Outdated, naturally, but the picture is pretty. For me the gameplay is more important.

During the play I experinced some bugs like Journey not updating (updated after death), one CTD in 3 days (unpleasant but tolerable), beeing killed without animation (server lag? or my internet connection?) and beeing not able to harvest some corpses (definitely some server issue). Also during combat sometimes I miss, although I hit the crosshair and when I dodge I sometimes get stuck in terrain or enemies. Well, I think I could live with that.

At the end of the day - you've got me. And I think I'll even go for the DLCs, because they do add some nice weapons and armor but they are mostly cosmetics, which means the game is not PayToWin.
  5. Jan 2, 2019
    After playing this game for 310 hours i must say i like it alot... it is not perfect but have something that let me just relax and grind for resources and explore its world for hours (either single player or on one of many servers)...
  6. Oct 29, 2019
    i dont understand ppl bashing on the game... it has some bugs i agree , devs are bit slow agree too but the game is far from bad. im in the game for over 260 hours and i still enjoy it.
    graphics are fine , loot is fine, mechanics are fun , multiplayer is good and even coop on "singleplayer".

the game costs arround 20-30 € for dat price tag its totaly fine. ppl expect it to be a AAA game for dat money and forget about the dev team wich dont has 1000k ppl working on it.
    just unfair to compare to a publisher like "EA"IDS and activision moneywise.
  7. Mar 22, 2019
    Conan Exiles es un excelente juego,solo falta optimizarlo Y agregarle mas contenido;algún medio de transporte como un par de caballos para recorrer el gigante mapa que ofrece,agregar y corregir algunas animaciones,también andaría faltando un modo historia y mas misiones.No es un juego completamente terminado pero Funcon hace un gran trabajo actualizándolo periódicamente.
  8. Apr 17, 2019
    Conan Exiles in 2019 is the better ARK: Survival Evolved!
    Especially with friends on a private server it's awesome! Since the early access the game is'nt the same.
    The combination of fighting, building, leveling, discovering, crafting and "taiming" of animals and slaves is very unique. + grafics, sound, performance and gameplay are quite awesome + unique Features + big world with
    Conan Exiles in 2019 is the better ARK: Survival Evolved!

+ grafics, sound, performance and gameplay are quite awesome
    + unique Features
    + big world with varied biomen
    + modfriendly
    + easy to learn, "hard" to master
    + clocked purge-waves brings dynamics in the sandbox

- private 4Players-Server had once to twice a day short breaks from 10 to 20 minutes
    - less content for more than 90-100 hours (need more dungeons, discoverable regions, more taimalbe animals)
    - cosmetics are late endgame-content- too late

I would play more, bute without friends with motivation :D is it not the same. A big Add-On would be nice.
  9. Jun 29, 2019
    Играю уже месяц. Игра супер, можно играть часами.
  10. Aug 29, 2019
    I had to write a review as I believe that in the current state of the game, it is unfair.
    I started playing this with my wife in a local server and we were enjoying so much that we finished the entire game and shift to a PvE modded server. We are enjoying it a LOT and so my last 100 hours of game was only at Conan.
    Game have a very good evolution curve and official game is very very
    Game have a very good evolution curve and official game is very very enjoyable. Official servers more often will present a good balance between survival and combat elements, where the Private/Modded servers will offer a challenge more leaned to one or another.
    Currently there are plenty of mods that change the game and improve it in a lot of ways.

At this moment I have no desire to play something else and even more when I heard that DEV are still creating content and also fixing issues that a game always have. Kudos to all Dev team!
  11. Feb 25, 2020
    Great graphics, great animation. But after a couple of weeks, there's nothing to do.
  12. Jul 23, 2020
    An okay game with a few issues. Fun overall but can be very grindy for resources.. Building has protential but still limited.
  13. Sep 8, 2020
    Conan Exiles is by far one of the best looking games in the survival genre but it also is one of the most boring games in the survival genre....

1) Repetition: Everything in Conan Exiles is repetition. Everything from the resources you gather to the monsters you slay. If I had to pick 3 words to describe Conan Exiles it would be repetition, repetition and more repetition. You use the same resources for everything and you kill the same type of monster for those resources.

2) Content: Conan Exiles will grab you in immediately if your a fan of the Conan Universe but it will fail on every level to keep you entertained. This game lacks CONTENT! You'll have fun for a few hours but then run out of things to do, get bored, log off and never touch it again. Funcom seems to think adding in crumbs for content is the best way to go.... when players are starving for full portions.

3) Combat: The Player vs Player combat reminds me a lot of the turn based style combat games from the days of old. You swing.... opponent dodges... your opponent swings.... you dodge.... and around and around you go. It's boring and lacks any form of depth or skill.

Overall Conan Exiles is a beauty to look at but a bore fest to play. Some unofficial servers have mega rates to get you to the "end game" quicker but even the end game is boring. There is no layers to Conan.... what you see is what you get. Will take you about 30 minutes to figure out the whole game.
  14. Aug 19, 2018
    Funcom has no idea what thay are doing so far in the 4mths its been out thay have broke the game with every update.
    This game needs to go back to early ax thay broke the game so much thay have no idea what to fix.
    So far thay are more concerned with adding overpriced reskin dlc's (and even those are buggy) and adding in more broken content ontop of broken code and ignoring the players.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME IN THE CURRENT STATE THIS GAME IS A ALPHA TEST!
  15. May 10, 2019
    Best survival game!! 800h+ here.
    Very very good building element! Big Map!, wide spectrum of items and awsome crafting! Strategic touch in PVP & Raid. Developer keeps game alive with content for free!

Keep in mind to pick good server with low ping, and i recomend that you have a good computer. Is played best with friends!
    Lastly, You will die a lot until you learn to survive :p
  16. Oct 1, 2018
    The game is buggy and the costummer service of Funcom is simply a disaster.
  17. May 18, 2018
    Great game with lots of nice lore tugged in between the different parts of the world. The resource grinding can be a little long but its not too bad. The combat is pretty decent. But the star in this game is the world its awesome. There are bugs of course but i have never seen a new game without that and yes there are issues with servers that can be a drag, but overall it does not ruin theGreat game with lots of nice lore tugged in between the different parts of the world. The resource grinding can be a little long but its not too bad. The combat is pretty decent. But the star in this game is the world its awesome. There are bugs of course but i have never seen a new game without that and yes there are issues with servers that can be a drag, but overall it does not ruin the experience for me i have a Solo game i can play whenever i want and i bought a server slot for all my multi player action. Expand
  18. May 17, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. une ambiance vraiment agréable, musique et décor, la construction et la farming de ressource sont vraiment agréable, grosse découverte au niveau de la map pour obtenir des recettes secrètes du stuff ou encore des composant rare, avec l'agrandissement du jeu prochainement, de belles heures d’amusement en persperctive, foncer !!!!!!! Expand
  19. May 9, 2018
    Conan Exiles
    A simple Mess
    Conan Exiles is finaly out of early access and onto consoles You start the game choosing your mode, you can play pvp, pve, or offline single player and co op.. you then creat your character, all wuth their unique race that gives them an advantage in game as well as a religion.. and youre rescued by your boy conan from your cross with a promise yall are gonna
    Conan Exiles
    A simple Mess
    Conan Exiles is finaly out of early access and onto consoles
    You start the game choosing your mode, you can play pvp, pve, or offline single player and co op.. you then creat your character, all wuth their unique race that gives them an advantage in game as well as a religion.. and youre rescued by your boy conan from your cross with a promise yall are gonna meet again.
    So you set off into this world to simply survive.
    This is a survival game, and one that I found to actually feel unique.
    The survival aspects of this game can be described by saying it’s a simple mess..
    this is all about recourse gathering and then combinging recourses to create new items…
    and I love how easy it is to find simple food like bugs and materials..
    your basic survival needs are extremely accessable and its up to you to take those basics and explore the lands, leveling up and working your way towards better items..
    You can choose to play this game like a mincearft where youre creating shelter and use it as a base, going out to gather items and come back…
    This is made easy thanks to this game not being some procedurally generated garbage…
    this is a beautifully hand crafted map with secrets caves, caverns, and bosses to encounter..
    reminding me a bit of skyrim at times..
    a survival based skyrim game.. sounds great doesn’t it?
    on paper yes..
    But again this game is just a mess..
    Theres just too much going on here under the hood, not enarly as much as a game like ark.. but I stil found it all to be overwhelming..
    I felt leveling up and earning points to dump into my stats and unlock new items to craft was frequent enough to keep the game feeling rewarding as id play
    but the crafting menus and recourses needed to craft certain items just felt like too much work to me..
    itsn ot like a Minecraft where things are as simple as knowing you need a certain material, go to a biodome on rare occasions where a certain material is found, farm a little until you get what you need and come back..
    m,aterials for tools weapons and gear beyonds the basic are too spread out
    theres just too much…
    too much in variety of things to collect.. and too much space between them all
    im a huge believer in less is more, andi just don’t have the capacity at this stage in my life to keep track of hundreds of different materials… on top of that if youre not playing offline and on easy mode, youre going to die way quick.. I feel like the game almost discourages advanced recourse gathing in that way…
    gathering food of any consequence is needlessly complicated as well.. it isn’t as simple as killing an animal and looting its body.. creating a fire and cooking it… you need tools to collect the meat after the kill.. its just not my thing
    and again needlessly complicated for how harsh the environment can be on higher difficulties
    I want to feel like I can at any moment decide to start a new camp somewhere and not that I have to take my things back to base
    and the way the game over complicates things like hunting, I just couldn’t do that here
    So the way I chose to play this game was going the more explorer route..
    living off of plants, I just wanted to battle the terrains and its inhabitents with the simplest items I could craft that didn’t feel like a math equation…
    and I had a decent amount of fun doing this…
    laying down a bed as I felt I made progress so I would respawn there if I would die.. and just keep the simplest materials on me at all times to be able to fend for myself if I ran into any hostiles..
    which this world is full of..
    from giant spiders to people..
    enemies are everywhere…
    I actually really loved the combat mechanics in this game, theyre very third person action witcher dark suls style of attacking blocking and dodging, I most of the time felt like If I took damage in a fight it was my fault..
    however not all of the time..
    this game definitely suffers from performance issues.. especially during battle..
    the game will lag a bit, frames will drop and youll be taking damage from seemingly nothing
    enemies can also spawn ontop of you out of nowhere..
    its makes for a nice scare.. but it also makes for some frustrating moments when your character instrantly dies from a giant spider spawning ontop of them and now that giant spider is guaring y our dead corpse with all of your materials on it.
    I also found it pretty annoying that after killing enemies you oculdnt take their weapons or gear..
    whats the point of righting them then?
    The combat system doesn’t feel risk reward.. it feels just there for survival which quickly brought down the enjoyment and excitement of exploring for me…
    Conan Exiles is a decent survival game..
    if things were simpler it would even be a good one…
    but they aren’t so it isn’t..
    this is a game though that i don’t think anyone that isn’t really into survival games would enjoy..
    I give Conan Exiles
    a 6/10
  20. May 11, 2018
    Great game, smooth after a not too long early access period. More than doubled the original map and much better combat!
  21. May 9, 2018
    Not even close to enough servers for their player base. Seriously only 50 NA PVP servers with 40 player max per server. So only 2000 people on PC in NA can play at once with official servers even after they sold over 1 million copies. I dont usually score this harshly but the game really is almost unplayable if you cannot get on a server. This is not the type of game you buy to playNot even close to enough servers for their player base. Seriously only 50 NA PVP servers with 40 player max per server. So only 2000 people on PC in NA can play at once with official servers even after they sold over 1 million copies. I dont usually score this harshly but the game really is almost unplayable if you cannot get on a server. This is not the type of game you buy to play offline either as they didnt develop a real story arc. Honestly it does not seem they came through at all on the Lore side of the game. Expand
  22. May 13, 2018
    At the moment, I can't recommend this game; there are entirely too many bugs and broken elements, including a few game breakers. This is a survival game, necessitating the gathering of materials. Early in the game, some of these materials are sparsely available and difficult to obtain
  23. Jul 19, 2018
    A compelling game blurred by his technical issues and really bland world design. Could be a fantastic action rpg mixed with survival and building tools, full of lore (Conan world's it's really wide) and it's only a builder game (and not the best option in the market right now). Surprises me how unpolished Funcom released this game, when it's a developer with +15 years of experience inA compelling game blurred by his technical issues and really bland world design. Could be a fantastic action rpg mixed with survival and building tools, full of lore (Conan world's it's really wide) and it's only a builder game (and not the best option in the market right now). Surprises me how unpolished Funcom released this game, when it's a developer with +15 years of experience in online games. Could be a good game in the future, but he needs more than bug patches to make a Conan game we deserve. Expand
  24. oso
    May 16, 2018
    The game is still incomplete and full of bugs. Also the combat system is a bloody mess that makes PVP a horrible experience. In addition to that the PVE Content is way too easy and offers no real endgame content. 'Lategame' bosses can be killed easily in earlier stages of the game. Overall the game seems way too unfinished to be released. Only positive thing is the really good artwork,The game is still incomplete and full of bugs. Also the combat system is a bloody mess that makes PVP a horrible experience. In addition to that the PVE Content is way too easy and offers no real endgame content. 'Lategame' bosses can be killed easily in earlier stages of the game. Overall the game seems way too unfinished to be released. Only positive thing is the really good artwork, world, character and item design. About a year ago Conan Exiles hat huge potential but sadly could not keep up to it yet. Expand
  25. Apr 23, 2019
    I bought this game the first week it was in early access. I thought it was fun for a while even though it was very buggy, played it for 200 hours then felt there was nothing else to do. So shelved it and played it off and on sometimes.

And then decided to play it again 2019 with the aim of exploring everything. I enjoy building a lot, exploring, trying to find thralls and pets. The

The game has come a long way and has improved a lot, though it still has bugs and problems and most of the pets look stupid such as the Jaguar has a permanent constipated grimace and the wolf has a a dopey cross eyed look like it's inbred and the pets overall don't look alive enough, they have a dead, vacant stuffed animal look and the pets are as stupid as they look.

Thralls are also very robotic, basic and at times just stand there and don't attack.

If you aren't into pvp it's still a lot of fun to build, make things and explore, you can spend a lot of hours just doing that before you feel like you get sick of it and wait for new content or just play now and then when you feel like building something or just mucking around.

The game has improved a lot, but still could be deeper and have a lot more improvements. Wish there was a deeper story with maybe some quests with a epic ending instead of the lame one it has.
    Since the game has improved a lot and is being continually worked on I highly recommend.

It's quite a fun game, but would rate it 6/10 and not 7 because of annoying bugs that never get fixed and might never.

And it's disappointing that they can't implement mounts which was a previous promised feature.

I recommend this game to buy if you like building and exploring and can put up with bugs, I don't mention pvp as I don't do it.

I enjoyed and played this game for over 500 hours before feeling like I had nothing else to do.
  26. May 18, 2018
    It's a good game the problem is that it takes longer to enter than what you play and if you die back to wait hours to be able to enter a penalty ..... I do not recommend it only for the endless loading times.
  27. Aug 22, 2018
    August 2018 - and still a BETA!
    This Game still feels like a poor Beta. Bugs, bugs, bugs.
    I played it 212 h right now, still waiting for essential patches. But Funcom gives a xxx about players. Now I am sick of it. Sick of this poor Game and sick of all these heavy-gameplay-killing-Bugs.
    Conan Exiles is a disappointment.
  28. Dec 20, 2018
    Actually one of the best MMO survival in the market (far better than ark). This game is huge, really well optimised, the textures are great, there is a real variety in the biomes a lot of things to do and many different gameplay styles. You also can build any base or huge castle you want with many architectural styles since they add a lot of optional cosmetics DLC to personalize yourActually one of the best MMO survival in the market (far better than ark). This game is huge, really well optimised, the textures are great, there is a real variety in the biomes a lot of things to do and many different gameplay styles. You also can build any base or huge castle you want with many architectural styles since they add a lot of optional cosmetics DLC to personalize your character and base.
    The game gets patches and updates very often which allow more content to be added on regular basis as well as a lot of improvements which makes it cooler day after day !
    I would have a lot more things to say about this awesome game but it would be a waste of time, simply fgo see the last reviews on Steam and you'll see how the game has been updated to be one of the greatest MMO of nowadays !
  29. Jun 5, 2018
    Simply the best Survival-Game out there, with more to come. The Magic-System and Mounts will make this Game even more great
  30. Jul 7, 2018
    Fun for a weekend. After that you are out of things to do. Resource gathering is incredibly repetitive and you need the same resources for just about everything in the game. So you'll be gathering stone, metal, and wood for ~75-80% of your playtime. There is no real sense of progression. Yes, you get better armor/weapons/gathering tools, but they wear out just about as fast. As youFun for a weekend. After that you are out of things to do. Resource gathering is incredibly repetitive and you need the same resources for just about everything in the game. So you'll be gathering stone, metal, and wood for ~75-80% of your playtime. There is no real sense of progression. Yes, you get better armor/weapons/gathering tools, but they wear out just about as fast. As you upgrade, the mobs you fight take about the same amount of time as the mobs you fought with the lesser gear. Combat does not change - unless you change your weapon. If you change what weapon you use, there are different animations and minor benefits/detriments, but it is still pretty much a click fest. No combos or strategy. Just mash the left mouse button until the big thing is dead (with a few exceptions).

I don't play PvP. This game is probably catering to that crowd. PvE content is relatively shallow and not solo-able without cheats.

There is full nudity, though. So, there's another crowd pleaser.
  31. Aug 21, 2018
    I have been playing since the beta, its fun. I am a tad biased as it is my favorite fictional setting, but the graphics are good, the survival aspect is fun, the building is fun. If you like survival games you will like it. It actually made it out of open beta, they are continuing to update it. I look forward to the continued improvements. I wish the harvesting was not so tedious, andI have been playing since the beta, its fun. I am a tad biased as it is my favorite fictional setting, but the graphics are good, the survival aspect is fun, the building is fun. If you like survival games you will like it. It actually made it out of open beta, they are continuing to update it. I look forward to the continued improvements. I wish the harvesting was not so tedious, and there are still some bugs, but over all I am happy I own it, and play it. Expand
  32. Mar 17, 2019
    O jogo é repleto de bugs, desde os mais simples, até alguns que lhe obrigam a se matar para conseguir continuar jogando. Dito isso, em servidores PVP isso fica injogável. Se já não bastasse isso, os servidores na america latina(2 PVE) tem cada um 40 míseros lugares! E pra piorar, o dos dois onde eu resolvi jogar, após deslogar pela primeira vez, NUNCA MAIS funcionaram para mim e paraO jogo é repleto de bugs, desde os mais simples, até alguns que lhe obrigam a se matar para conseguir continuar jogando. Dito isso, em servidores PVP isso fica injogável. Se já não bastasse isso, os servidores na america latina(2 PVE) tem cada um 40 míseros lugares! E pra piorar, o dos dois onde eu resolvi jogar, após deslogar pela primeira vez, NUNCA MAIS funcionaram para mim e para ninguém.
    Em resumo, mesmo comprando em pré venda, o jogo saiu caro demais para algo completamente inútil. Não recomendo a ninguém.

Ps: tentei retornar ao jogo agora, dia 17/03/2019 e vou contar pra vocês : o jogo PIOROU. Mais bugs, mais travamentos. O jogo não roda de maneira decente num fx 6300 4.4ghz, 6gb de ram em dual channel com uma gtx 750 2gb OC. Sério, pode colocar na configuração que for, não vai rodar. E irá travar com o MSI afterburner, então, se você é PC gamer mas sem um caminhão de dinheiro, esqueça, esse jogo não é pra você.
  33. Jan 11, 2019

No story, no quests, no purpose. Just scavenging, looting, and crafting. And the crafting system is not explained, certainly not in-game. This means you're constantly Alt-Tabbing out to research. Guess what else? Alt-Tab makes the game freeze. Also constant, unrelenting stutter. They're supposedly working on fixing it, but there are complaints about this since spring '18.

Also constant, unrelenting stutter. They're supposedly working on fixing it, but there are complaints about this since spring '18. Doesn't sound like it's a priority.

To add final insult-to-injury, the game frequently glitches and you lose followers. This is really fun when those followers are loaded with loot. Kinda defeats the entire purpose of the game, doesn't it?

It's a hamster wheel, and a very unrewarding hamster wheel. The world (exploration and loot), combat, and the enemies (same animals so far, over and over) all make this a tedious, boring, unrewarding grind. Not sure how people can play for hundred of hours... Though TBH, most of that time is probably spent doing the tedious scavenging and running back and forth.

I'm just glad I bought this as a used activation code from a 3rd party vendor. This development company does not deserve support. Do not recommend.
  34. May 16, 2018
    Was a great game. I loved it. I have over 2800 hrs game time on Conan exiles. I was waiting in anticipation for release on the 8 may 2018. What a disappointment and disaster. Not enough servers to play on, servers changed from PVE-C to PVP. Games has so much more bugs then ever before. Impossible to play PVP due to lag, multiplayers disconnecting, when re-logging could take upto 30 min .Was a great game. I loved it. I have over 2800 hrs game time on Conan exiles. I was waiting in anticipation for release on the 8 may 2018. What a disappointment and disaster. Not enough servers to play on, servers changed from PVE-C to PVP. Games has so much more bugs then ever before. Impossible to play PVP due to lag, multiplayers disconnecting, when re-logging could take upto 30 min . My recommendation dont play this game Wait for 1 year or 2 years so they can fix the major bugs. There are numerous exploits as well. Do not play on private server as admin abuse is the norm. Not all official servers have admins check before you spend time on that server. Was an awesome game. Expand
  35. Jun 19, 2018
    This title will fade away because solo play hits a wall very quickly. Anything beyond building your base looks to be exclusively co-op.
  36. Nov 20, 2020
    Decided to upgrade my review on this after not playing it for 6 months. Here is my take...

----- THE GOOD Graphics are pretty good. Character creation is solid. Several races to choose from. Can pick gods/goddess to worship. Single, multiplayer, with optional custom settings. Sandstorms are cool, and deadly if not prepared. ----- THE BAD Game difficulty seems harder

-----

THE GOOD

Graphics are pretty good.
    Character creation is solid.
    Several races to choose from.
    Can pick gods/goddess to worship.
    Single, multiplayer, with optional custom settings.
    Sandstorms are cool, and deadly if not prepared.

-----

THE BAD

Game difficulty seems harder now.
    Lag issues that I didn't experience before.
    Occasional freezes and boots off server.
    Too much grinding for resources.
    For a survival game, there's no need to sleep?
    End game scenario is a huge let down.
    Some areas it never rains. Others, it's non-stop.
    Many balancing issues.
    Repetitive gameplay; Resources, monsters, fighting.
    Lacks a proper tutorial.

-----

All in all, Conan Exiles lacks luster. Seems like all I did in my many hours of play was run around the world map killing monsters and collecting resources to make better gear and build different objects. Very repetitive. There's not enough variety in the gameplay itself. The story is ok, but the ending is horrible. Makes one feel cheated. A mediocre game from Funcom that could be better, but I doubt much will change. So, in saying that, if you want a great survival game, skip this one and try Project Zomboid, or some others. As for Conan Exiles, I give it a 5, and that's being generous. Better luck next time, Funcom.
  37. Jul 3, 2019
    I have been experiencing crashes ("Fatal Error") very often, once every hour to as often as within minutes, and so far nothing I've tried helped. I've brought this up at official forums and while the community has been helpful the devs have not addressed the issue for several months now despite multiple posts. Recently I've learned that my video card is considered low priority as well.I have been experiencing crashes ("Fatal Error") very often, once every hour to as often as within minutes, and so far nothing I've tried helped. I've brought this up at official forums and while the community has been helpful the devs have not addressed the issue for several months now despite multiple posts. Recently I've learned that my video card is considered low priority as well. With heavy heart I am changing my positive review to a negative one in protest. Expand
  38. Feb 6, 2021
    Conan exiles is a great example of most players having no idea what they want.
    This is honestly the best anyone could ask for in a Conan game.
    And it better then most the games its in the game genra of. It's basically a better balanced Arc.
  39. Apr 25, 2021
    This game has some cool stuff build in that's for sure but also alllllllot of bad stuff. The horse mechanics are rlly amazing but I would also wish to use all other animals like the horse to ride them like the bear or elephant.

The biggest issue with this game are the huge amount of bugs which are in game day one. They never got fixed after several years and some of them are even game breaking like hitting ore, animal, other stuff with your harvesting tool and getting 0 loot dua of no connection with your tool to the harvestable object. This bug happens like 100% of the time when you play this game. You have to take off your harvesting tool and take it out again then it will connect with the stuff you want to harvest.

The same issue with battles. Sometimes when I attack someone they just get 0 damage so I have to put off my weapon and get it out again to be able to deal some damage to my opponent ( died because of that stuff allot ). Same for your thralls who fight for you. 2 of my thralls been fighting like 30 seconds with one small scorpion and I was wondering why they can not kill that thing. I attacked the scorpion and it had full HP that means that my thralls did not deal any dmg BUT took dmg from that scorpion due of poison attacks etc. so you might lose your thralls or animals to bugs like that and I even have.

Building is HORRIBLE in this game. It is so extremely buggy. Even when you build some supporting pillars to the ceiling you want to make bigger, the game tells you that you can not place that object there or it stays just red so you have to destroy an structure connected to it and replace it to avoid that bug and this happens 100% of the time when you try to build something bigger.

Fishtraps keep disappearing into the void of nowhere. I replace them at night, login back to the game at morning and BAM all traps are gone ( pve ).

Been posting all these weird bugs I've found in the forums and absolutely 0 reaction from the devs. Well no wonder what am I expecting to get from a company who did not fix bugs which are several years in game.

Oh and not to forget the dang horse that 95% of the time stucks in your character and stops you from moving or teleport you back into that stucking horse position so you have to jump or crouch with luck your way out. Also that horse of bugs is TO CLOSE to your character which could end in hitting you down a cliff and kill you.

Plus opening the inventory of some container is just a pain in the a.... because it verrrrrrry often does NOT work. Like the feeding throughs for the thralls or animals or the dang inventory of your horse hardly ever opens and it has only one access way and this is that annoying wheel mechanic.
  40. Sep 14, 2020
    bugs bugs bugs fking bugs everywhere cant 10 mt away from host GREAT addition to game fk this ****
  41. May 24, 2021
    After getting into the survival genre with Valheim and playing that to death I picked up a steam key for this and gave it a go on coop with a friend.

Really surprised how good this game is, so much depth, massive map, easy building mechanics. After Valheim it didn't take long to get up to speed, the UI is pretty good and the difficulty level set about right when starting out.

Graphics are pretty good too, when the sandstorms roll in it's like something off the mummy films! After playing for a week not seen any obvious bugs, in its current form it seems pretty polished to me.

Yes combat is a bit clunky but equally as good as Valheim with a bigger choice of weapon.

Value for money is off the chart, not sure what all the hate is about.

If you enjoyed Valheim give this a go.
  42. Aug 24, 2021
    Куча багов, неприятные бои, неимоверно ужасный интерфейс (играл на series x), выматывающий крафт, странный по тупости ии, кривые анимации и ощущение ранней альфы. Ставлю 6 за интесные идеи и авансом на исправления недостатков.Куча багов, неприятные бои, неимоверно ужасный интерфейс (играл на series x), выматывающий крафт, странный по тупости ии, кривые анимации и ощущение ранней альфы. Ставлю 6 за интесные идеи и авансом на исправления недостатков.
  43. Oct 5, 2019
    I have played this game between 2017-2018 and now on 2019, the developers doesn't even try to fix the tons of bugs regarding fighting, it's a mess the gameplay is good and the idea behind it too, but when the fighting feels like an Alpha state game for years and years, fighting is a total joke too
  44. Dec 18, 2019
    There is just too much to like about this game, specially if you have a couple friends to play with you. It's like guaranteed fun coop experience. Don't pay too much attention to the haters, there is a long time since the launch and the game still keeps receiving a lot of new content, crafts and even some pve(dungeons).
  45. Sep 13, 2020
    Очень слабая игра, не знаю кому нравится, но после получаса игры снес, локации голые, графика унылая, управление кривое, геймплей мертвый. 4/10
  46. Dec 19, 2020
    Ужасная игра во всех отношениях, графика, физика, анимации, сам игрой процесс скучный, скудный и унылый
  47. Jul 26, 2020
    Great fun game! The only drawback is the cumbersome building menu at the end-game. It is possible to search for items only by searching by name, case-sensitive.
    The rest of the game is very addicting, with cool dungeons and beautiful locations.
    Love it.
    Sorry for my english, i used google translate.
  48. Sep 18, 2020
    1 - Incontáveis bugs e exploits que comprometem a jogabilidade e diversão do jogador.
    2 - Problemas graves de otimização e latência em todo e qualquer servidor.
    2 - Problemas graves de otimização e latência em todo e qualquer servidor.
    3 - Desastre na atualização do patch mais recente, "The isle of Siptah" acredito que esta foi a maior decepção da comunidade do Conan Exiles, pois quem não possui a expansão é obrigado a baixar 61gb de um patch que nem vai utilizar e não irá impactar na gameplay. Além disso há o descontentamento em relação ao feedback da própria comunidade, muitos pedem algo relacionado à magia há tempos ou até mesmo conteúdo novo no jogo base. Este patch foi uma total decepção, correção de bug's e exploits não irão cobrir 61gb inúteis aos jogadores "base", vocês da Funcom deveriam ouvir mais o feedback da comunidade, pois somos nós que garantimos a visibilidade e continuidade do seu jogo.
  49. Jun 18, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Одна из лучших игр в жанре survival. Яркий, брутальный и сексуальный мир, рожденный фантазией Роберта Говарда в литературе и реализованный в игровой индустрии Funcom'ом, начиная с идеальной, но проепанной, благодаря им же, ммо Age of Conan - снова обретает виртуальную плоть. И... влом мне писать дальше - крч, игра - пушка. Expand
  50. Sep 17, 2021
    Soo to be honest I played this game for way to long, and I like it but, it is a total time suck. As well as a resource grind game, it is very difficult. It is very buggy though, hit boxes, creature drift, clipping..etc. They are still patching and adding things but for the love of Krom fix some of the bugs. Yet as I complain I still go back to it... Guess I am a glutton forSoo to be honest I played this game for way to long, and I like it but, it is a total time suck. As well as a resource grind game, it is very difficult. It is very buggy though, hit boxes, creature drift, clipping..etc. They are still patching and adding things but for the love of Krom fix some of the bugs. Yet as I complain I still go back to it... Guess I am a glutton for punishment, guess that is why I like Don't Starve. Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 24 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Aug 2, 2018
    The game is full of all sorts of flaws and bugs, but thanks to deep mechanics and vast world it’s an enjoyable survival both in multiplayer and played solo (but less so in the latter case). [07/2018, p.52]
    Conan Exiles is a survival title that hits the mark for anyone interested in the genre, immersing you in Robert E. Howard’s brutal Conan setting and offering server customization to suit any player. It's a sure win for anyone with the time to build their character.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jul 13, 2018
    A great survival game that makes you thirsty for exploration and building. Thanks to Steam Workshop, it’s practically a bottomless adventure pit. [Issue#286]