7.1

1. Aug 27, 2019
    Hey, are you old enough to remember "Psi-Ops: the mindgate conspiracy" ? This is new age re-imagining of that game but with flare of SCP, new graphics and blander story.

If you are new to games - enjoy destructibility and new way to control environment, you will like it.
  2. Aug 27, 2019
    Very high quality action game. Unique story and excellent game mechanics. Beautiful graphics! PC with RTX on is just pure candy for your eyes!
  3. Sep 4, 2019
    A good game. Simple, cool physics and nice to play. Acceptable graphics and good moves.
  4. Sep 16, 2019
    They did a great job of telling an interesting, well paced story that still made me feel like I was in control. No aggressive cutscenes, no heaps of exposition, just letting me figure out stuff for myself.

Then came the next 15 minutes of the game, and I found myself mostly in the role of the co-pilot. Still, things were interesting, and the destruction physics quite nice. Except that they only really worked in the tutorial when it came to crushing enemies who turned into bullet-spongy annoyances from the first encounter onwards.

And yes, you could still destroy everything except for the stuff that you couldn't destroy, which is quite a lot and therefore makes it seem like a gimmick. It never was really used as a game mechanic, as a way to get from A to B without having to shoot the same set of increasingly hard to destroy mobs, or to uncover the unseen, or do anything else except for making your attacks way more impressive than they were, and of course that kind of destruction is great material for videos and trailers.

It couldn't keep me from getting bored really fast. If this had been an animated movie, not longer than 150 minutes, where I could just sit back instead of going through waves of clones and bosses and having to pick up shinies along the way just to get on with the story, I would have enjoyed it a lot more. The feeling of disconnect with the character due to the direction and presentation was less dominant than in Quantum Break, but still left me wondering why these people make games instead of films.

Really liked the tone and atmosphere and the general style though, and if you enjoy shooting and blasting your way through a decent movie while collecting stuff you will find a polished experience that gives you exactly that. Or watch someone else playing it, because - and that's my main grieve here - it doesn't really feel any different.
  5. Sep 19, 2019
    Great game, don't pay attention to negative reviews, Steam fanboys are review bombing this game because they're angry it's on Epic. Easily GOTY contender
  6. Sep 19, 2019
    Control from Remedy entertainment is a visually stunning technological achievement in graphics that even without ray tracing looks amazing, well optimized that run like a charm in a GTX 1080 ti with max settings. The gameplay and controls are nothing new but once you play it... it fell like if those mechanics were just new. The game has a bizarre and entertaining story and kind off makesControl from Remedy entertainment is a visually stunning technological achievement in graphics that even without ray tracing looks amazing, well optimized that run like a charm in a GTX 1080 ti with max settings. The gameplay and controls are nothing new but once you play it... it fell like if those mechanics were just new. The game has a bizarre and entertaining story and kind off makes you think you are watching a high budget Hollywood movie.
    The game is essentially an open world game that take place in one setting, there are main missions and side missions. Enemies have a level system like every open world that gets release today, you can craft new abilities and upgrades for your weapon to deal better with enemies.
    The art style is amazing, crafted with geometry and lighting, for some it will look simple for it's minimalist level design, but the shadows and lighting creates an artistic level of immersion.
    Unfortunately... Control suffers off a terrible navigation system, yes... the game has a map to guide you, but overall is hard to know in which floor you are and how to get to your objective, this cause me to miss lots of secondary missions, because i never knew which direction or which door was open to get there.
    Still... Control is an enjoyable game, that plays smoothly and looks amazing.
  7. Sep 19, 2019
    Fantastic game play
    Very good story
    Good boss fights
    Disgasting map Good art graphic
    Medum technichal graphic
  8. Aug 30, 2019
    Fantastic Sci-Fi mindbender. My personal GOTY. Give it a shot. I don't think you will regret it if your computer can run it. Good luck Director.
  9. Aug 31, 2019
    I really like this game, story is interesting and good and gameplay is awesome, shooting and special powers rock, and graphic design is top notch. But technically its really bad. I have stuttering and frames drops all the time, even in non-fight environments with no special effects, to the point its very annoying, almost unplayable as it lasts for few seconds and happens every minute.I really like this game, story is interesting and good and gameplay is awesome, shooting and special powers rock, and graphic design is top notch. But technically its really bad. I have stuttering and frames drops all the time, even in non-fight environments with no special effects, to the point its very annoying, almost unplayable as it lasts for few seconds and happens every minute.
    Something is very wrong with technical state of this game, as reviewers also point out that framerate is very bad on normal Ps4 or Xbox.
    I think im gonna wait till heavy patches or till i change my rig. But other new games work without problem. So as for now- i really like this game but cant score it high because of bad optimization.
  10. Aug 29, 2019
    So ... i just finished the game and I dont know how to feel about this. First up gameplay:
    The gameplay and shooting mechanics are great and I really like them. The game offers several abilities which are just fun to use like force push, hovering etc. In fact, killing stuff with ur "force" is so much fun it makes me think about the upcoming Star Wars game of EA and that they should really get behind it. Be aware though, some abilities you will only find if you go after some side quests, which brings me to the next point.

There are a couple of sidequest even after finishing the game which vary between really interesting (bosses etc) and absolutly pointless gather or kill missions. Some of this quests are even timed but there is not a single reason to complete them. You will find this quests across the map which is probably my biggest problem with the game.

Traversing in this game, atleast at the beginning, is horrible. The map in this game just sucks and i didnt count how many times I was lost, but it sure was a lot. I dont know who thought about this map, but it really should be handled differently. Sometimes you have to figure out that some elevators take you to different places which are of course not marked on your map. After a couple of hours you will get the hang of it and understand the map but this shouldnt be a thing.

Lets get to the story.
    To be honest ... I dont know what to tell you about the story, because on the one hand I feel like the story and the characters are really well done but on the other hand I am not sure if i actually understood anything that happened in the game. This is probably where all this 10/10 reviews come from but just because the story is complicated, it does not mean the story is good. Its definitely entertaining but not worth a 10 out of 10. At some point int the game I thought i understood the plot and the whole story around it but no ... the game keeps throwing confusing things at you which are never cleared up or make any sense at all. Best example would be the whole janitor thing.

Graphics and performance:
    The game looks really good and they definitely put some work into the maps and special effects. Sometimes the characters look a bit off just like in Quantum Break but thats not a killer for me.
    Personally i had no problems running the game, but others keep complaining about it. Thought i should mention that. Also ... I am talking about the PC version here but I have seen some framerate tests of the game on ps4 and xbox, where the game falls as low as 12 frames which is simply unacceptable. The physics in this game are very well done, which is probably why the consoles have such a hard time running the game. Everything you touch, control or run into actually moves accordingly ... atleast most of the time.

Conclusion:
    If you like Quantum Break you will definitely like this game aswell. For all others, I would advice to wait for a price drop because I think the game is worth about 40 bucks. It offers some solid shooter fun for ca. 8 hours if you rush through the story and way more if you care about sidequests. If it werent for that overall confusing story with more or less no real ending and a terrible map, i would give this game a higher score.
  11. Sep 4, 2019
    Control is a graphically astonishing third person shooter tackling on a different theme/setting. It offers a satisfying combat, a unique core mechanic and a lot of visual/auditory pleasure. Unfortunately, the seemingly nonsensical story, repetitive environments and bland acting kills it for me.
  12. Aug 29, 2019
    Pros: Lack of quest markers, fairly clean HUD, serviceable combat, ok level design, light horror atmosphere, decent pacing, wide field of view when not aiming, high production values, gameplay customization options like enemy health bars on / off
    Cons: Kind of boring, map only gives position of named locations so traversing can be a chore

Overall you'll just be shooting things
  13. Sep 1, 2019
    In English:
    What should I say about this mediocre game, now let's start with the story.
    It's about something that has infected a building. Why, you do not know! Now Jessie Faden goes in there to ... look for the brother and becomes the director of the building because they find a "living weapon". Graphics: Northlight Engine, as in Quantum Break very mediocre. Owners of an RT graphics
    In English:
    What should I say about this mediocre game, now let's start with the story.
    Graphics: Northlight Engine, as in Quantum Break very mediocre. Owners of an RT graphics card can be happy otherwise the graphic does not tear anybody off the stool.
    Sound: In German the purest catastrophe, In English good.
    Gameplay: Here comes the biggest weakness of Control to wear.
    At first it is entertaining enough to chase after the mysterious story, but after about 5 ~ 6 hours the game does not even know where to lead it. I like games with a tick challenge, but Control leaves you completely in the lurch.
    Even sidequests take you on an endless journey, because you're not strong enough to get any further or you're lacking in certain skills, but where do other side quests make you end up?
    This Metroidvania concept annoys without end!
    It is indecisive, illogical and makes quite a good game concept completely broken.
    Even the gunplay in the often too narrow spaces is more difficult than funny, right when you get 5 rockets at once in the face. The super powers help there just as much as Pooping, namely not at all.

My conclusion 6/10
    It could have been such a good game from Control, but no, it had to be different (do not mind) just so different that it just becomes unpleasant after 6 to 7 hours. One tortures himself mainly by having fun instead of having fun.

In Deutsch:
    Was soll ich zu diesem Mittelmäßigen Spiel sagen, nun fangen wir bei der Story an.
    Es geht um etwas das ein Gebäude Infiziert hat. Warum, weiß man nicht! Nun geht man als Jessie Faden dort rein um...den Bruder zu suchen und wird zur Direktorin des Gebäudes weil man eine "lebendige Waffe" findet.
    Grafik: Northlight Engine, wie bei Quantum Break sehr Mittelmäßig. Besitzer einer RT Grafikkarte können sich freuen sonst reißt die Grafik niemanden vom Hocker.
    Sound: Auf Deutsch die reinste Katastrophe, In English gut.
    Gameplay: Hier kommt die größte Schwäche von Control zum tragen.
    Anfangs ist es noch ganz Unterhaltsam der mysteriösen Story nachzujagen, nach etwa 5~6 Stunden weiß aber nicht mal mehr das Spiel selbst wohin es lotsen soll. Ich mag ja Spiele mit einem Tick herausforderung aber Control lässt dich völlig im Stich.
    Sogar Sidequests nehmen einen mit ohne ein Ende zu finden weil, du bist längst nicht Stark genug um da weiter zu kommen oder dir fehlt es an bestimmten Fähigkeiten, aber woher nehmen wenn selbst wieder andere Sidequests dich nicht zum Ende kommen lassen?
    Dieses Metroidvania Konzept nervt ohne Ende!
    Es ist unschlüssig, unlogisch und mach ein recht gutes Spielkonzept völlig kaputt.
    Selbst das Gunplay in den oftmals viel zu engen Räumen ist eher Anstrengent als lustig, erstrecht wenn man 5 Raketen auf einmal ins Gesicht bekommt. Die Superkräfte helfen da genausoviel wie Pupsen, nämlich gar nicht.

Mein Fazit 6/10
    Man hätte so ein gutes Spiel aus Control machen können, aber nein, es musste ja anders sein (nichts dagegen) nur so anders das es nach 6 bis 7 Stunden einfach unlustig wird. Man Quält sich hauptsächlich durch statt Spaß am Spiel zu haben.
  14. Sep 3, 2019
    The gameplay gets repetitive very quickly but the voice work and writing is awful from the very first minute. Less compelling words have never been less convincingly delivered. Honestly, the idea that real, living, adult human beings earned a wage writing the words being spoken in this game is mind-boggling.

Still, there's no denying it's pretty. Pretty like a painting which can only be

Still, there's no denying it's pretty. Pretty like a painting which can only be viewed in tandem with the world's worst audiobook. Plus stale gameplay.
  15. Sep 2, 2019
    The game had everything to be good. The idea, history, character, basically everything. I really get excited for this game, come on we are talking about Remedy unfortunately the things didn't happened this way. The game is boring, you are locked in that place and you can't get out. The combat is fun, but start to get repetitive as you advance also the missions too. The graphics are good,The game had everything to be good. The idea, history, character, basically everything. I really get excited for this game, come on we are talking about Remedy unfortunately the things didn't happened this way. The game is boring, you are locked in that place and you can't get out. The combat is fun, but start to get repetitive as you advance also the missions too. The graphics are good, but not so good as as people were describing, like 15% better than Quantum Break. The opimisation is a completely junk, Is very difficult to keep this game running at sttable 60fps on ultra.
    The history is very complicated, but doesn't mean that are good, but for a 2019 game is fantastic.
  16. Sep 3, 2019
    Im a fan of CONTROL. First thing I say is this game is awesome. I just registered on Metacritic just to post my review as I see this great game is getting undeserved bad reviews.
    Played the game on pc at launch, bought it on Epic Store, finished it in 20 hours aprox, on my Intel i5 9600K, Vega 56, SSD, 16GB RAM. Locked to 60fps in Ultra at 1080p.
    Graphics: Photorealistic mixed with

Graphics: Photorealistic mixed with fantasy. Some structures are crazy in a good way, particle effect blowed me away and in general felt like a next gen game (PS5, Scarlet). Could have use some color variation on enemies. 9/10

Gameplay: just great, Jesse moves, shoot, and throw things beautifully. The game is a mix of metroidvania, with dark souls, with classic 3rd person shooter. 9/10

Stability: Found one silly bug in my 20hs playthrough, which I reported to Remedy. Game is super polished. Most polished game I played in years.

Story: convoluted as hell and a really different to all AAA games, this is the type of stories that I think before I go to bed, tell my friends about it, discuss online and see videos just to undestand more. It's a great mess, but its great. Many things to watch, read and listen. 8/10

Content: has many missions, some suits and skills to unlock, personal and mod weapons. Has an upgrade system for weapons which I find it nice. There also random events. Missions are varied and a nice change to classic AAA games. 9/10

Sound: oh my god. I played the game with headphones and ambient sound and music are oppresive, it got to my nerves many times. Also sound effects are top notch. Loved it. The guys that hang from the ceiling talking like crazy made me cringe. 10/10

All in all, the game is a 9 for me. This game is a nice change of style and play.

Things that Id change if I could:
    -Enemies could use color variation, specially for high level enemies.
    -More varied attack skills to Jesse woudl be great as shoot and throwing stuff is super repetitive.
    -Endgame content. Random event encounters are not sufficient.
    -Photo mode (already planned by developers).
    -I miss achievements/throphies. Developers should make them internal for PC [using a menu] (like some other games) as Epic Launcher doesnt have it.
    -There are no internal statistics for the game. I dont know how many items I still have to collect, hidden rooms undiscovered, missions undiscovered, boxes to open, etc.
    -Epic store is crap and exclusivity to it bothers me. I dont hate it but lacks achievements, hours played, game blog (to know developers news and updates), unable to locate installed game or move it to my ssd, fps counter, and more.

Please like if it was helpful.
  17. Sep 6, 2019
    I am delighted with this game and can not find almost any reason for criticism. For me, there is a fascinating story, an interesting world so that it does not bother to collect information and read documents, and in addition - fascinating gameplay. I saw complaints about weak enemies that miss shots, but I have never encountered anything like that - all opponents are deadly dangerous. II am delighted with this game and can not find almost any reason for criticism. For me, there is a fascinating story, an interesting world so that it does not bother to collect information and read documents, and in addition - fascinating gameplay. I saw complaints about weak enemies that miss shots, but I have never encountered anything like that - all opponents are deadly dangerous. I play this game with pleasure and I will surely do it a couple more times. Expand
  18. Aug 29, 2019
    Lets begin by saying that this game is a massive resource hog with my 1080 barely being able to keep up, and that at 60fps. To make matters worse, this does not translate to visual fidelity, not only the setting is a by 70-80% a very bland set of offices and gray corridors, the rest looks outdated too. Like, trees/plants/foliage don't even animate, what year is it?

The story is cool,

The story is cool, though rather predictable, which is a shame because the overall setting and mood would make an amazing stage for a kickass story with plot twists, mysteries and stuff. Oh well.

Unfortunately, the game also suffers from a Dark Souls complex to put it this way, which is extremely annoying to see in more and more games. You unlock checkpoints as the game goes on, you can only level up/upgrade stuff to them, you can teleport between them and when you die, you return to them with some ending up being annoyingly far away from where you died. Oh, and most enemies respawn as well! To add insult to injury, loading times are probably the longest I have seen since a long time, I would pick up my phone and chat when they d pop up. And they do pop up a lot. Wanna save some time and fast travel to a point nearby in the same level? Better go pee or eat something because it's loading time!

Overall, a very meh game. Not great, not terrible. Maybe if it was on Steam and it would go on some decent sale...
  19. Sep 2, 2019
    Wonderfull game, having tons of fun, pretty good story, very atmospheric and stylish, love Jesse. Solid gameplay, maybe little repetitive.
    Has some problems with optimization.
  20. Sep 3, 2019
    Do not bother playing this game.
    The game does a terrible job at introducing you to its world. it feels like you missed a cut scene or a dialogue for the first hour or 2. And by the end you kind of just accept things.
    Checkpoints are miles away from your objective.This is particularly infuriating because many enemies can one shot you. It artificially increases the duration of the game
    Do not bother playing this game.
    It artificially increases the duration of the game by adding absurdly long shooting parts. The ending fights take (I'm no kidding) around 20 minutes each. 20 minutes of literally just shooting at zombies, while all you want is to progress the damn story. And don't you dare die to one of the one shot dudes, or you'll get to fight them again aaaall the way from the beginning.
    The only reason I kept playing was to ~~unveil the mystery~~. Too bad the ending is just the same non-sense and it was all a waste of time.
    The gameplay is fun for a while, but these guys should be awarded for not knowing what their game is about. They do everything in their power to take you away from the story line, either by flashing uninteresting side quests on your face, filling the world with "lore" collectibles that don't add anything to the story, adding 10 minute long shooting bits or by making you go back to the last checkpoint.
    Don't even get me started on the terrible waypoint system.

Again, don't play the game. It's not worth it. My last couple of hours I was just forcing myself to play it just to see the ending, just to get disappointed once again.
  21. Aug 28, 2019
    This game is beautiful if you have the hardware to run it. Too bad you spend your time inside a restricted grayish-blueish facility. However, when you get some variation to that, it's always awesome. I'd say this game's strongest points are artistic and mysterious level design at least in some parts, sound design and overall graphics and effects. Controls are adequate but a bit clunky. InThis game is beautiful if you have the hardware to run it. Too bad you spend your time inside a restricted grayish-blueish facility. However, when you get some variation to that, it's always awesome. I'd say this game's strongest points are artistic and mysterious level design at least in some parts, sound design and overall graphics and effects. Controls are adequate but a bit clunky. In the end, however, it's just another Remedy games with recurring Remedy problems:

+First: very low or zero replayability (well, death rally had replayability for sure, but the games after that didn't, except maybe Max Payne for some nostalgia). Once you have completed this game, you can practically just sell it. Quantum Break theoretically had replayability, but the game was so painful that I don't really want to do it again just to see the movie clips.

+Second: linearity. You are just running from place to another in a restricted area.

+Third: recycled ideas. The ability to manipulate environment has been around since Max Payne. In the later games this same concept is just reused in a slightly different ways. Sure it looks cool and is fun for a
    while, but it gets very soon repetitive and can't carry the whole game.

+Fourth: exclusivity to stores no one wants to use.

+Fifth: boss fights.

+Sixth: average storyline.

+Seventh: performance issues on PC.

+Eighth: Forced over-the-shoulder mode with no possibility to go first person. Also no stealth. All fights are practically shoot & hide.

Btw. if you didn't notice it already, 90% of the 10/10 reviews seem to be user score manipulation. Lots of accounts have been created just to give full score to this game.
  22. Aug 30, 2019
    I love this game! The atmosphere of the game is amazing. You can really get immersed in the world.
    - Graphics to this game look fantastic, even on low settings
    - Weapons feel good, shoot good, and make you feel powerful with each shot. Also includes bullet speed, and one-shot headshots
  23. Aug 31, 2019
    This is a really good game that's held back by some really obvious flaws. A few more months of tweaking gameplay and story, and this could have easily been a 9/10 or even 10/10.

PROS Amazing world-building (amazing lore, amazing atmosphere, fully-realized bizzaro-office complex, etc.) Decent core gameplay (guns and powers feel good in general) Graphics and sound are really good

PROS

Decent core gameplay (guns and powers feel good in general)

Graphics and sound are really good (plus, amazingly almost-fully-destructible environment)

CONS

Main plot is not so good (player character constantly narrates explanations for major plot points which you would NEVER EVER intuitively figure out on your own)

Braindead AI and extremely basic enemy variety (this is offset a bit by fun guns and powers)

Acting is hit and miss (this is also due to the writing not really giving the actors room to breathe or express themselves)

Almost no mission variety (offset by the occasional good story mission or puzzle mission)

Pacing is hurt by the semi-open world structure (this game would've been much better as a linear, super-focused game); lots of time wasted backtracking and wandering around for the objective

8/10. The world and the core concepts are there, but execution needed a few months more polish. It saddens me cause this really, really could've been a wildly amazing game.

Read on for a deep-dive:

The pacing of the game is really bad. For the most part you're doing fetch quests for 3 characters. And then, suddenly the game cranks it up to 11 in the final act and you're left thinking "darn, I wish the earlier parts of the game had this much scenic variety and plot developments". On top of bad pacing, the plot points don't really make much sense. The main character keeps explaining things for you as they happen and you're just meant to nod along. In contrast, Alan Wake's plot was clear as day and easy to follow. Plus, for Alan Wake, his narrations were deeply woven into the style and direction of the game so it felt natural. In Control, Jesse's narrations feel off; the narrations feel as if they're just there to compensate for the nebulous plot. Additionally, in Alan Wake, the plot and the gameplay were so intertwined that it felt like you were watching a movie; the game kept you razor-focused on the main plot. In Control, it's very easy to forgot the main plot as you do fetch quest after fetch quest. In Control, the main bad guy, The Hiss, is always talked about, but never really explained; in contrast again, The Shadows in Alan Wake were straight up explained by Wake himself as the game progressed. In Alan Wake. you can appreciate what you are fighting. In Control, the game just tells you "The Hiss is the bad guy. It's a mystery why they're bad. Why? Because. Deal with it.". Additionally, Control's ending is SO BAD. Yes the bad guy is beaten, but it doesn't feel like anything significant happened. Compare this to Alan Wake's ending which was amazing and monumental and clear. It really feels like Control's story was so focused on being weird and unique that it forgot to be a good story in the first place. Wasted potential.

The core gameplay is decent but needs work. In general, combat is too simple and too easy. This game could've used difficulty modes. The game should have also made its resource system more complex. They should have added cooldowns to abilities on top of the energy bar. They should've lengthened ammo recharge time, but made two separate ammo pools that recharge independently. Why make these changes? So that you're forced to diversify your approach. I'm not kidding when I say you only need the Launch ability to kill everything. The only reason you'll use your gun is because you're waiting for more energy to cast Launch. Launch is too powerful and everything else is so weak in relation that it makes the combat extremely simple. Add to this the extremely simple AI and enemy variety, and I can easily see a lot of people getting bored with the game after a few hours.

Lastly, the level design. It's semi-open world, which is a bad thing for this game, honestly. All the backtracking it makes you do is not fun. It's a shame because the wow-factor of each new area is great; but it diminishes rapidly the third time you revisit the area. I have to compare it to Alan Wake again. Alan Wake was linear, but it was better for it. When the game is linear, you can polish each enemy encounter. You can polish each platforming section. You can polish each vista and scene. When the game is linear you can make awesome one-time scripted events. In this semi-open world, wonders of the office complex fade away greatly with every re-visit. The only good thing about the semi-open world design is exploring for secrets; but again, this is also something you can also do in a focused linear game.

If they make a sequel to Control, I hope the review their past wild success with Alan Wake, and re-focus Control to try and recapture Wake's mix of charm, mystery, levity, and gameplay.
  24. Sep 1, 2019
    One of the best action games of this year with the most spectacular implementation of ray tracing yet. While the fighting mechanics with its same enemy types became repetitive near the end game the story will keep you on edge. I wasn't particularly impressed by the trailers of Control but couldnt stop playing once i started the game. The FBC and all of its secrets and collectible documentsOne of the best action games of this year with the most spectacular implementation of ray tracing yet. While the fighting mechanics with its same enemy types became repetitive near the end game the story will keep you on edge. I wasn't particularly impressed by the trailers of Control but couldnt stop playing once i started the game. The FBC and all of its secrets and collectible documents are one of the most interesting locations i have visited in a game. This is Remedy in its old form. Expand
  25. Sep 2, 2019
    Love this game.

For some reason this game gets a lot of hate and those negative reviews seem to be totally out of place. From my point of view at least. I hope too many people don't skip this game just because of negative spammers. It's pretty much 10 or 0 from the reviewers, which is hilarious. Anyhow... I run at 1080 resolution with all graphics maxed and it has worked like a
    Love this game.

Anyhow... I run at 1080 resolution with all graphics maxed and it has worked like a charm. (Remember to use the latest drivers dated aug 27.) So with RTX 2070 max Q I can get all the raytracing and oh my it is a noticeable technology. All the see throughs and reflections etc. Very nice. Looks fine without them as well but it really is some cool and new.

Gameplay has had no hiccups. For me everything works like it should and the telekinesis with the shooting is very enjoyable. I do not recommend to play it in one go, just take your time and explore. Story is good, enjoyed much. Haven't read ALL the documents etc. YET and I can see how this game is not for all todays fast food consumption gaming addicts. To say the plot and story is not good most likely means you really haven't taken your time to even understand it but just rushed through the game. If you have played it through in 8 hours, you have missed a lot! The whole game.

So it is not a game for everyone but that is what makes it interesting. You either get it or you don't. Usually the best kind of games!

The world is amazing. Weird, enchanting, surprising and there's always something totally unexpected coming around the corner.

I will be spending a lot of time exploring the world even the game is finished. Waiting for additional content already.

GO WATCH SOME VIDEO REVIEWS AND DECIDE THEN. Seems those are legit at least, whether they gave anything from 0 to 10.
  26. Aug 30, 2019
    Short:

Short:

In my opinion Control can be a real piece of Art, if you are into these kind of Games. It manages to balance story and gameplay just right for its purposes and delivers a truly immersive experience, if you can attach yourself to its genre. If not leave it or refund it. its one of those games that you either love or hate, i believe. In either case a 6.6 at the time of writing doesnt do it justice. its a well executed concept, although its hungry and will make your rig sweat.

in Detail:

Control is a Game with a weird Story. For the better part of your playthrough it will be confusing and thats what is was deliberately made to be. The plot line, the ever-shifting environment, the lack of evident explanation or guidance. Slowly you will learn more about the Bureau, your Characters purpose, motives and origin and what the **** is happening in this odd place.

The Gameplay is enjoyable but not strong enough to carry the game, if youre not bringing an affinity for the Genre (Soft Sci-fi/Mystery). The telekinesis abilities remind me a lot of force unleashed just with a better physics engine. After completing the main plot I for my part am still fascinated by them, mainly because the more you progress the better you can rely on them. I rarely use the Gun anymore. The Gunplay is only on average maybe below, but thats not the reason im into this game. The bosses can be challenging when underestimated, but thats no competition to real boss fights, like in for example soulsbourne games. The Enemies are repetitive, but everything else wouldnt be story cohesive.

The Atmosphere created is absolutely great, although from what i read you will need to have pretty good specs to fully taste how this game is meant to be played. I played it maxed out on 2k and found that through the exceptional use of lightning (even without ray tracing), particles, detailed mapdesign and physics i could really immerse myself into the environment.

Additionally there has been put great effort into writing all those memos/audio tapes/Clips, that can be discovered around the map. In most games you get the feeling those were just placed as random fillers and didnt get much attention in the development process. Here they are mostly entertaining in addition of being a crucial part in understanding the story as a whole piece by piece a little bit better.

What i dont get about reviewers ranting on this game, is the fact, that they are obviously not the targeted group of gamers this game was developed/written for. If youre not into exploration dont buy subnautica, if youre not into blunt Shooters dont buy DOOM, if youre not into story driven games and/or mystery as a genre dont buy Control.
    Remedy games have pretty much always been strongly story focused. Alan Wake, Quantum Break, Max Payne relied for the most part on an immersive Story. Those Games are "one time playthroughs" and thats it and only as that they deserve to be judged. At least in my opinion. A product is not to be judged as what you want or expect it to be, but what it was meant to be. You dont go into a Starbucks ordering coffee, only to go on a rant on how **** this kebab tastes.
  27. Sep 1, 2019
    Посмотрел значит первый стрим мэда. Он как обычно ныл и искал проблемы во всем. Смотреть это более было невозможно и я решил попробовать поиграть сам... и знаете что? давно ничего из сингл проектов так меня не цепляло.
    -Великолепный стиль ар-деко прошлого века, окутанный таинственностью секретных служб США. Все это существует на проработанном движке с шикарной графикой. Иногда просто хочешь скриншотить все подряд.
    -Лучшая физика что я видел в играх. Качайте телекинез - не пожалеете.
    -Приятный геймплей и отличные анимации.
    -История не прям 10/10, но я если углубиться и не бежать сломя голову чтобы поскорее закончить игру(привет медовый), то она вас не разочарует уж точно.
    п.с. миссии с зеркалом и особенно с лабиринтом просто вышка.

Играл на 1060(6g). Стабильные золочёные 30 fps.
  28. Sep 4, 2019
    Absolutely amazing game. I played for like 30 hours, finished all side missions and I'm still hungry for more. I expected a Ray Tracing demo and I got one of the GOTY.

The level design is great, and while the map it's not very helpful sometimes, I actually had fun looking for secret rooms and hidden corridors. The combat is a blast, especially when you're fully upgraded. I just wish there was a Game plus, as I would love to replay some difficult optional boss battles with my fully upgraded character. The story is quite convoluted, with many crazy flashbacks. Some missions and sections were absolutely trippy. Loved it!!!!

BTW, the combat starts slow, so the game requires some patience until it gets more intense. If you like single player games with a rich story, great setting and fun combat get it!
  29. Aug 29, 2019
    Love the setting. Smooth and fun gameplay too. Don't rush it, people, take your time.
  30. Aug 31, 2019
    После мерзкого Квантума рад, что у Ремеди получилось сделать хорошую игру. К сожалению, нет сигнатурного замедления, ну да и ладно.
    Понравилась игра за геймплей, лор, да и сюжет неплох. Среди минусов: дисбаланс способностей (телекинез - самое сильное оружие в игре, тогда как щит из камней зачастую бесполезен и неудобен в использовании); 2 активных слота оружия - хотелось бы больше; система модов, как в какой-нибудь игре-сервисе/дрочильне, уродует годный и динамичный геймплей; слишком много записок. Лор основан на SCP, так что тут все в порядке (более менее). В плане сюжета - им не успеваешь насытиться и хочется еще.
    Крайне неприятно, что Control - игра, которая на голову выше прошлого творения Ремеди - имеет рейтинг сравнимый или даже ниже Quantum Break'а. Несправедливо. Исправляю.
  31. Sep 1, 2019
    Best game of all time!
    Yes, the most enjoyment will come only if you are thorough, but that's what I enjoy in Remedy games - the breath of the world that they develop as a context to the main story.
    There are multiple explanations for every object and for the Bureau as a whole! The graphics and game play are just amazing and the feeling of the unknown that they achieve is something on
    Best game of all time!
    There are multiple explanations for every object and for the Bureau as a whole!
    The graphics and game play are just amazing and the feeling of the unknown that they achieve is something on another level completely!
    My advice - take you time in the world , don't rush it and let all of this environmental detail and story sink in.
    I applaud Remedy for this beautifly crafted masterpiece!
  32. Sep 1, 2019
    A very refreshing action shooter. Even though the story could have been better the gameplay was innovative and fun. Also the world building was amazing. Remedy shows that your can build great gameplay world in closed environments. Also big pops to the maze level, one of the most innovative game level design I have seen in that mission.
  33. Sep 1, 2019
  34. Sep 1, 2019
    This is the best game of 2019 for me so far. It is a great gift for all gamers who love "The X-Files", "SCP Foundation" and "Alan Wake". It really breaks my heart to see that this game get negative reviews from people who have don't understand the concept of this game. I'm sure, this game will become cult and "Hidden Gem" status in the future.
  35. Sep 2, 2019
    Игра очень хорошо сделана со стороны окружения.
    Разрушаемость это красота. Мрачный геймплей. Приятная мимика лица. Главный персонаж, который не молчит!!! Сверхспособности в совокупности с левитацией превращают игру в наслаждение. Взмываешь в небо и раскидываешь ящики во врагов или врагов во врагов. Под конец оружием почти не пользовался. Огромное пространство для изучения, что
    Игра очень хорошо сделана со стороны окружения.
    Разрушаемость это красота.
    Мрачный геймплей.
    Приятная мимика лица.
    Главный персонаж, который не молчит!!!
    Огромное пространство для изучения, что вдоль горизонтальной плоскости но и вертикальной.

Мы играем не за спецназ а за "простого" человека, получаем низкий процент попадания в противников.
    Очень запутанный сюжет игры. Я прошел игру и Я не вкурсе кто это или что это внутри головы находится у персонажа.
    Очень много текстовых документов. По началу это радует. Когда половина текста скрыта, в голове дописываешь, додумываешь. Но, под конец идут разные отчеты, письма сумасшедших. И это уже начинает раздражать.
    Беготня по одним и тем же локациям, по причине поэтапного открытия доступов и возможностей персонажа.
    Скомканный конец игры.
  36. Sep 3, 2019
    Pros:

* Good performance. Really smooth without lag on max settings and full RTX and DLSS (2k) using a 2080 Ti. * Graphics are superb. * Gameplay feels really polished. * Very unique setting/story. Cons: * Enemy variaty is lacking and it does get repetitive eventually. * Weapon variaty is lacking and I felt little reason to use anything but the standard pistol. * Most story
    Pros:

* Graphics are superb.
    * Gameplay feels really polished.
    * Very unique setting/story.

Cons:

* Enemy variaty is lacking and it does get repetitive eventually.
    * Most story is explained through collectables, meaning lots of reading if you want to understand the bigger picture. It's not for everyone.
    * Some of the side quests are really dull (although a few are really cool).
  37. Sep 5, 2019
    Отличная игра, давно не получала такого визуального удовольствия, единственный минус для меня стрельба, а в целом очень достойно похвалы.
  38. Sep 5, 2019
    Perfect 10! Control is easily the top game of 2019. Interested to see what DLC comes out in the future (they elude to it in the game).
  39. Sep 7, 2019
    Easily the best SP experience since the Witcher 3. Mindblowing, epic raytracing visuals showoff too. Wish games like these could last much longer.
  40. Sep 15, 2019
    I'm giving it a 10 because it's an important game at a time when games suck. In reality it's an 8 or 9. But still high scored so go buy it on what ever system. Pc is the best but forget running ray tracing as you'll need a beast. I had solid performance at all times with 1080p high settings and vsync off. Best vsync fame I've played. Never screen tears which is amazing.

So graphics

So graphics are stellar and music and sound as well as voice acting great. Brilliant gun sounds.

The gameplay is solid. Really fun and creative. So much fun.

The game lasts about 12 - 20 hrs depending on your play style. Proper single player campaign in 2019.

Remedy has done it again. Max Payne, Alan wake and more and now Control.

Can't stress how good this game is but....the beginning is slow and confusing. So give it a chance. By the end you're literally the most badass super hero fighting the xfiles! The ps4 digital dlc is ok. But should be free to all. Support great games.
  41. Sep 18, 2019
    Interesting and unique gameplay and world but it quickly gets boring. Not to mention pefromance issues.
  42. Sep 8, 2019
    Very good game. The setting is mainly what is so interesting here. Gun play is also lot of fun. I can recommend this.
  43. Sep 8, 2019
    Very fun game, good physics are rare in modern projects, thanks for good time Remedy
  44. Sep 8, 2019
    I appreciate the implementation of Ray Tracing and physics.
    The superpowers are "fun" but repetitive.
    The map however is very confusing. The lore is uninteresting, the story is campy, the acting and facial animations are bad. cut scenes have terrible camera angles that it randomly jumps between because the scenes are just talking... The AI is bad, flying enemies cannot float below a
    I appreciate the implementation of Ray Tracing and physics.
    The superpowers are "fun" but repetitive.
    The map however is very confusing.
    The AI is bad, flying enemies cannot float below a certain height, enemies often can't come up stairs...
    Enemies do high damage and they throw 10 at you at once, to overwhelm you rather than giving them any logic. n most rooms there's an area you can defend without the enemies being able to hit you.
  45. Sep 14, 2019
    Excelente história, principalmente para qu m gosta de ficção científica no estilo Arquivo X. Jogando com Ray Tracing ativado a sensação é que está se jogando um game de nova geração, gráficos sensacionais acompanhando de trilha sonora bem trabalhada.
  46. Sep 16, 2019
    Decent enough game, but not the 10/10 a lot of magazines claim it is.

The setting is really bland (anonymous offices, which is basically pretty much the whole game).
    The enemies get's boring as well. Yawn.
  47. Sep 2, 2019
    First, let me begin with that I see myself like an avid Remedy (especially Sam Lake) fan. My childhood is marked by Max Payne & Max Payne 2 and I think that Alan Wake is one of the best experiences I've ever had (I say experiences because the gameplay was not exactly the best I've ever had)

Quantum Break was okay-ish. Besides that absolutely epic production value, the game itself was bland at best and the story was 6.5/10 max.

But this... I mean, I really expected a lot, a lot more. Sam Lake is a tremendous writer but Sci-Fi is not his strong side. Thriller/Noir stories are something he really excels at but this second attempt at Sci-Fi just doesn't cut it. The story is boring, the characters are not relatable (I really don't care if someone of them dies and this is always a bad thing). The whole experience is just not memorable. I'm a fan of good quality SCP (X-Files, Stranger Things, etc) but this doesn't even come close.

Gameplay-wise the game gets repetitive very quickly. The upgrade tree is very basic and boring, the shooting mechanics are okay and the power feels awesome but that gets very old quickly. Soon after you will see the boring pattern of the gameplay loop. Go there, kill the enemies, claim the control point. Go there, kill the enemies, claim the control point.

This is the most painful 4/10 rating I've ever give since I really, really consider myself as a Remedy Entertainment hardcore fan.
  48. Aug 27, 2019
    This is an atmospheric game. It's a looker and a sounder (the ambience is beautiful, sound, music cues, it's just spot on). While I personally never found any character in Remedy games more likable than Mr. Wake, I don't feel bugged by Jesse. Not as much as by almost the entire Quantum-Break-cast which just oozed Hollywood-by-numbers. An intricate web of information and details is woven.This is an atmospheric game. It's a looker and a sounder (the ambience is beautiful, sound, music cues, it's just spot on). While I personally never found any character in Remedy games more likable than Mr. Wake, I don't feel bugged by Jesse. Not as much as by almost the entire Quantum-Break-cast which just oozed Hollywood-by-numbers. An intricate web of information and details is woven. The narrative feels right. Timing wise, content wise. It's presented beautifully. There's a certain colour curve and grain over everything, that lends itself fittingly to the 60-70's-ish interior and feel of the Bureau. Gunplay feels quick and responsive, there's lots of physical game mechanics that are rally fun to learn and use. Feels very potent. Highly recommended. Get on it, you. Expand
  49. Aug 28, 2019
    This Nvidia RTX Tech demo could be an excellent game. Shooting furniture is fun for only a little while.
  50. Aug 28, 2019
    It has some old good Max Pain features like ringing phones that you can pick up, amazing game physics and objects interaction. But the game itself is super boring and repeatative. Scenario makes no sense, some psychodelic crap, with no prestory, no indroduction, same locations and enemies all over again and again. Same rooms, same boring shooting. Thers no fun in shooting enemies: someIt has some old good Max Pain features like ringing phones that you can pick up, amazing game physics and objects interaction. But the game itself is super boring and repeatative. Scenario makes no sense, some psychodelic crap, with no prestory, no indroduction, same locations and enemies all over again and again. Same rooms, same boring shooting. Thers no fun in shooting enemies: some rainbow stuff instead of blood, and bodies imidiatly disappears. With no explanation at all what is going on. Basicaly script is : BURO (makes no sense), BROTHER, DIRECTOR(makes no sense), HISS (makes no sense). I would put zero or one score if not great furniture shooting. Do not reccomend, if you cant try it for free. Expand
  51. Aug 27, 2019
    Remedy proves once again that they are one of the best studios in the industry

+ Great Visuals and Effects
    + Immersive Story
    + Addictive Game-play
    + Soundtrack (and music from Poets of the Fall) Is awesome.

- Lip sync and animations in some of the conversations (cut-scenes) are little bit bland, and it
    sometimes seems that side characters are much better looking than the main character.
  52. Aug 27, 2019
    Brilliant and intriguing thriller that keeps you hooked! One of the best games in 2019 so far!
  53. Aug 31, 2019
    Довольно неплохая игра, с несколько репетативным геймплеем. Негативные оценки оттого, что геймдизайн, делающий фокус на окружении и ЛОРе, понравится далеко не всем. некоторым подобное скучно и не интересно. Субъективно, 8 из 10.

Pretty good game, with a few repetitive gameplay. Negative ratings are due to the fact that not everyone will like a game design that focuses on the environment and Lore. Some people find it boring and not interesting. Subjectively, 8 out of 10.
  54. Aug 31, 2019
    This game is too clean. Its the opposite of Quantum Break which was nice and colourful. Its also very black, grey and white and the world is quite dull and lifeless. From the PC point of view, graphics are great and control -via keyboard of-course- is precise and excellent - WAY better than Quantum Break which had a dire PC control set up. Graphics are crisp an...dull. There's the oddThis game is too clean. Its the opposite of Quantum Break which was nice and colourful. Its also very black, grey and white and the world is quite dull and lifeless. From the PC point of view, graphics are great and control -via keyboard of-course- is precise and excellent - WAY better than Quantum Break which had a dire PC control set up. Graphics are crisp an...dull. There's the odd bit where you break out of concrete into the "real" world of rocks and caves and it feels so refreshing; but its not long before your back into concrete and pipes. The shooting is a bit of a frantic panic - perhaps that's just me - but keep on the move and you'll b ok. Upgrading is the usual frequent need to visit the menu system which I still haven't really sussed out yet. Why they have to make these upgrade menus so complicated defeats me. The boss fights (wow how I hate boss fights) are tedious as usual, their SOLE aim being to slow you down so that the developers say it'll take X hours to play the game, when, without boss levels, you could do it in half the time. However, its a great effort by 505 Games. Gamestyle-wise its a mix of Aiien Isolation (on your own in a pretty life-less world) + Prey (strange shaped alien creatures) and Inception (yes, the film - you'll know what I mean after paying it for 10 minutes).
    Plot-wise - who cares if it doesn't make much sense? The missions are quite clear and progression is obvious. 8/10.
  55. Sep 3, 2019
    Control is 12-hours game for kids with great visual. On start of game you will become the new FBI director, by entering into pure artistic oldest building. In the sixties you looking for your supernatural brother Dylan (he is like others currently in a coma). So Jesse trying fight back against evil entity the Hiss. Game story and progress is really bad (not even extrovert developers knowControl is 12-hours game for kids with great visual. On start of game you will become the new FBI director, by entering into pure artistic oldest building. In the sixties you looking for your supernatural brother Dylan (he is like others currently in a coma). So Jesse trying fight back against evil entity the Hiss. Game story and progress is really bad (not even extrovert developers know mystery). They trying make some crazy superhero RPG shooter.

POSITIVES: Detailed graphics; Destruction physics;

NEGATIVES: Level design is based on unrealistic biggest rooms (there are un-functional map for navigation). Most sad thing is gameplay. Spawning enemies are stupid so they have millions health points. Level checkpoints are placed inconsistent. Game design is pure trash. They spend funds only on graphics and marketing. By deleting hundreds of lowest meta-critic user reviews, they make fake score 5 -> 7.1 (most 9 or 10 have only 1 review).
  56. Aug 27, 2019
    The game graphics were pleasant and delightful. The story was weird even so made me laugh many times. Unlike Remedy's previous games, Control is open-world game and i think Remedy made it work well!
  57. Aug 27, 2019
    Game is awesome! Is mysterious triller like Alan Wake but even better. Best game of year 2019 so far.
    Just buy it.
  58. Aug 27, 2019
    Hands down the best game Remedy has made so far. As a Finn, I gotta give some extra credit for Ahti character.
  59. Aug 27, 2019
    The game is below average. Everything feels cheap. If it’s very boring and nothing to do, you can spend the evening behind her, but in a couple of days she will be forgotten.
  60. Sep 3, 2019
    Overhyped and overrated game with a weird story it's not so interesting. The game has some good visuals but definitely NOT next-gen graphics. Control is overall an OK shooter with demanding hardware requirements the game becomes boring fast and the shooting feels generic and very repetitive after a while also the plot does not make sense until the end. PS: Some idiots that give a 10 scoreOverhyped and overrated game with a weird story it's not so interesting. The game has some good visuals but definitely NOT next-gen graphics. Control is overall an OK shooter with demanding hardware requirements the game becomes boring fast and the shooting feels generic and very repetitive after a while also the plot does not make sense until the end. PS: Some idiots that give a 10 score to this they must be out of their minds... Expand
  61. Sep 1, 2019
    физика
    стрельба
    способности
    сетинг
    графика (хоть и относительно)
    сюжет
    небольшая скука
    карта
  62. Sep 6, 2019
    Love this game. atmosphere is haunting and creepy, story stays pretty vage but i love it for that, the combat is really fun, and there are soo many secrets.
  63. Sep 7, 2019
    Sure it has graphics, but if what you make is nothing but a pretty picture than you'd get better off making drawings or paintings or take a digital design course, not making videogames. It's just another bland game that falls in the graphics-but-expect-nothing-more trend. The characters' motivations, personalities and actions are never explained, so I guess you're just supposed to have aSure it has graphics, but if what you make is nothing but a pretty picture than you'd get better off making drawings or paintings or take a digital design course, not making videogames. It's just another bland game that falls in the graphics-but-expect-nothing-more trend. The characters' motivations, personalities and actions are never explained, so I guess you're just supposed to have a wtf face the entire time while trying to make sense of their barely related words within their sentences. That's the story, the gameplay is just repetitive shooting at enemies that either swarm you from a direction or from every direction, so press the "shoot" and occasionally the telekinesis buttons and hope to not randomly get insta killed. Expand
  64. zi0
    Aug 27, 2019
    great atmosphere and physics, well made mechanics, first game shows real RTX solutions.
    in other hand, game looks unfinished (face animation gradient from ugly in some scenes to about perfect in others), AI is too dumb, most weapons is about useless.
    Also bad localisation, but it's last in the list. Looks like game use adaptive difficulty level, which have not good algorithm. Still I
    Also bad localisation, but it's last in the list.
    Looks like game use adaptive difficulty level, which have not good algorithm.

Still I gave 9 points as game could be tuned with some patch.
  65. Aug 28, 2019
    While everyone **** about rtx and egs, this game is actually pretty good.
    Don't expect very deep plot from it, but gameplay-wise it's awesome.
  66. Aug 27, 2019
    This game is simply amazing on a good pc setup. Just wow! This is game of the year material
    Right here. I’m the kind of person who gets bored with games easily and just moves on to trying the next new thing, but not with this one. This game grabs you and doesn’t let go. Not sure why some on here gave it anything below an 8. Maybe they are used to Fortnite?
  67. Aug 30, 2019
    I have finished playing the game and I must say it is a great game. One of the best single player games I have played for some time now.

The combat system has a great flow. The way how characters powers and ammunition are restored, the way you pick up health makes the combat very fast paced. The graphics are astounding, especially with the RTX turned on. Physics great, the setting

The graphics are astounding, especially with the RTX turned on. Physics great, the setting interesting. The game is technically polished. There was one crash for an over a dozen hours of playing. The frame rates are solid. I have played all the game with the fps overlay. On my i7 6700K, GF 2080 and 32GB of RAM on maxed settings 1080p and RTX turned on the frame rate oscillated in the 50-60 fps range. Rarely dropping below 50 fps. With RTX turned off 60+ fps of course. But the RTX is worth it. It looks amazing!

The maps are interesting, complicated, well planned. It is enjoyable to traverse them, especially later on with levitation.

The story could be told a little bit better. There were times where I felt confused. I liked the idea for the story but I think that story in Quantum Break and Alan Wake was told better.
  68. Sep 2, 2019
    Стильно. Отличный звук и визуал. Интересная история, которая возможно даже больше уходит в состояние передачи ощущений, нежели конкретно поданной истории, что необычно и смело для игры. Если интересен Линч, то обязательно игратьСтильно. Отличный звук и визуал. Интересная история, которая возможно даже больше уходит в состояние передачи ощущений, нежели конкретно поданной истории, что необычно и смело для игры. Если интересен Линч, то обязательно играть
  69. Aug 28, 2019
    Control (tested on PC - EpicGame Store)
    I7 - 6700K - 32Gram - GTX1080 - SSD (1920x1080 -- 240fps full ultra / No RTX)
    First, i would like to clarifie that i'm not involved or interested in the launcher war Steam vs EG vs ... but, EpicGame has really a bad customer service. The realease date for many game are wrong (exemple : Control Release at 27 August, on the player library it says
    Control (tested on PC - EpicGame Store)
    I7 - 6700K - 32Gram - GTX1080 - SSD (1920x1080 -- 240fps full ultra / No RTX)

but, EpicGame has really a bad customer service. The realease date for many game are wrong (exemple : Control Release at 27 August, on the player library it says available the 28 ...)
    Next, the game release at 12:00 CET, and at 16:00 CET ... the game is set to Unavailable on the library.

The game itsefl is not a bad game, but, after enjoying playing the photorealistic and theater-narrativ like Quantumbreak ... This game look like so far away from the last RemedySoft.
    I think playing this one on PS4 or XBox would be a better experience, but the Pc Gameplay is just so bad ... character movement are just random, absolutelly not immersiv or realistic, gunfights for a TPS aren't smart at all, the IA are just overdate ... spawn just run to you firing around like zombiegunner.

Ok i don't go really far in the game, so my opinion isn't really objectiv but ...
    FPS drop, floating movement, doors opening alone, no animation, lips sync absolutelly awfull !!!!! Guns aiming/fight not really smart, main character not so attractiv at all -> speaking about the narration or the narrativ reaction from Jess .... Maybe latter in the game many things would be better or the scenaristic sequence would explain why the character look like drugued when she speak about something ...
    But after 2Hours playing, i feel really frustrated. 60euros for this one is just abusiv.
  70. Aug 28, 2019
    It is really wierd place to explore, game have very specific feel and I like i a lot. It plays very well and lot of collectibles everywhere to learn about of location and story.
    Game looks really great, nice office building representation combined with abstract locations. I like all those paranormal abilities and game mechanics.
    Ray Tracing makes game absolutely different, full of

Ray Tracing makes game absolutely different, full of realistic details. Graphics with RT on is another level of player experience. It even perfroms very well with DLSS which do not make game too blurry. Only indirect diffuset lighting do some wierd artifacts especially on light colored surfaces.
  71. Aug 27, 2019
    Aburrido y repetitivo hasta la saciedad, con mecanicas de juego del siglo pasado.

Con lo bien que lo hicieron en max payne, no entiendo esta chapuza.
  72. Aug 27, 2019
    Game looks and feels awesome. Story is cool and quite weird but in a good way. Definitely best game for me of this years so far.
  73. Aug 27, 2019
    Amazing game, one of the best in 2019. Story and atmosphere keep you interested through the game. So sad that people are rating this 0-2 even there is no big problems, kids just want to protest and downvote. Definitely worth to buy and let also others to know about this game!
  74. Aug 27, 2019
    Absolute gem, Remedy does it again! Couldn't stop playing, highly recommended!
  75. Aug 28, 2019
    I liked the game, in general it’s hard for me to please, as I have been playing games for several years, but this game was able to impress me. Good graphics, good shooting and combat. Great sound and visual effects. At the moment, there are a sufficient number of bugs, but in the near future they are likely to be removed.
  76. Sep 1, 2019
    Finished it in one go. Lovely graphics and atmosphere even without RTX on PC. The destructible environments are the best I've seen in a game so far. There's also that special feeling that lights up inside of you after demolishing your enemies by throwing a forklift at them.

Some extra performance polishing, few hours more of content and a more easy-to-follow/explained narrative at times and It'd be a 10/10 from me.
  77. Sep 2, 2019
    There's no denying this game is gorgeous when you max out textures and some of the lighting. The global reflections I had to turn off because it was really gross and speckle-y looking. The story is pretty easy to see where it is going, but really drawn out during the intro. I played maybe 6-7 hours in before I just got bored of doing exactly the same things over and over. The gunplay isThere's no denying this game is gorgeous when you max out textures and some of the lighting. The global reflections I had to turn off because it was really gross and speckle-y looking. The story is pretty easy to see where it is going, but really drawn out during the intro. I played maybe 6-7 hours in before I just got bored of doing exactly the same things over and over. The gunplay is precise, at least. Some of the enemies are not really challenging, but more annoying to fight (one-shotting, homing rockets exist for some reason). The overall pacing of the game seems poorly conceived. I'm not sure the '3D metroidvania' route was the right course for this game. The backtracking takes too long and the map doesn't always show all of the area for the floor you are on; so, it becomes basically useless. There's a progression system, but it takes so long to achieve anything that feels impactful, I lost interest before I got most of my guns beyond level 1. It's sad to say that Quantum Break was better than this. I guess Remedy is like an 'every other franchise' for me, because I loved Max Payne and Quantum Break, but felt like Alan Wake and now Control are sort of misguided IP's. Better luck next time - and don't make your next game an exclusive to some annoying platform out of greed. Expand
  78. Sep 3, 2019
    top quality game. very few games these games take the gamble on the strange and beautiful. metroid vania style games with health pick ups. definitely a game ill play again the future.
  79. Sep 7, 2019
    Great history, great visuals, good physics and fluid gameplay. But the performance could be better.
  80. Sep 9, 2019
    Control does not come close to living up to the hype. It was supposed to be a mindbending experience in a fascinating setting. Instead, we get a slightly non-linear arcade shooter in a drab brutalist building. The setting is stylistically interesting for the first hour but then it becomes clear that, aside from brief interludes, we are to return to the same stereotypical governmentControl does not come close to living up to the hype. It was supposed to be a mindbending experience in a fascinating setting. Instead, we get a slightly non-linear arcade shooter in a drab brutalist building. The setting is stylistically interesting for the first hour but then it becomes clear that, aside from brief interludes, we are to return to the same stereotypical government building over and over. The map is just awful and should have been three dimensional.

The storytelling is just weird. The "insight" into the protagonist's thoughts is unnecessary and could have been accomplished by more expressive facial animations. The endless notes and memos provide little background and get old quickly. I'm usually all for reading this kind of thing but I have been just skimming them for clues lately. I am yet to come across something that is a clear Alan Wake reference but I played Alan Wake nearly 10 years and many games ago. Who has the time to pay that much attention to boring text notes?

The combat is repetitive and each new iteration of the service weapon or new power adds little to the gameplay. It is launch-headshot-rinse-repeat action at its core. It is similar to the earlier games in the mass effect series combat without improvement. Jesse can't figure out how to crouch behind cover? There are also some rather cheap mechanics that allow the ai to turn the tide of battle and, before you know it, you respawn at one of the sparsely-placed checkpoints and have to run half a mile to get to the action. It is not difficult, it is annoying. The combat is not unenjoyable but I find that I get bored after about an hour of playing.

Now, the elephant in the room: the real-time ray tracing. It's pretty, sure. But, you really have to pause and look for it to notice it; it matters little during combat. I'm yet to play this game on a 4 k display for which I will most likely have to turn RTX off, I suspect that it may look better with a higher resolution and no ray tracing.

I got this game for free with my computer so I guess I cannot complain much. I would have been pissed off had I bought it.
  81. Sep 9, 2019
    I was excited to buy this game after reading so many positive reviews. What a disappointment!!! After three hours of play I can say that I have understood nothing or almost nothing in history.The beautiful graphics are not enough. The variety of settings is nothing. The gameplay is fun but not enough to save the game. I really love complex and intricate stories but this just doesn'tI was excited to buy this game after reading so many positive reviews. What a disappointment!!! After three hours of play I can say that I have understood nothing or almost nothing in history.The beautiful graphics are not enough. The variety of settings is nothing. The gameplay is fun but not enough to save the game. I really love complex and intricate stories but this just doesn't involve me. Sin Expand
  82. Sep 12, 2019
    TL;DR: A good story driven single player game with decent combat, interesting exploration and some character development choices. No wow-effect, though.
    ---

Control (PC) was an enjoyable experience for me. I liked the story, although the narrative feels a bit glued over. It was fun to play around with different armaments and skills. There was a constant feeling of progression as the missions took me around the premises. The collection of materials and narrative extras didn't feel like a chore, but instead just happened by way of thorough exploration.
    ---

Graphics are pretty, but this game is very GPU hungry. Soundscape is interesting: annoying and immersive at the same time. I ended up hoping for some more "real" music in the soundtrack.

Gameplay: 8
    Story: 7
    Graphics: 9
    Sounds/Music: 7
  83. Aug 30, 2019
    If you want to know how bad of a year this has been for games, especially on PC, just consider that this is ranked as the #13 Best PC Game of 2019. Once again a game that spent more on advertising than it did on actually making a good game. It feels like a console game ported to the PC, and not a good port. I'm sure they'll push out another few sequels just to cash in on the marketingIf you want to know how bad of a year this has been for games, especially on PC, just consider that this is ranked as the #13 Best PC Game of 2019. Once again a game that spent more on advertising than it did on actually making a good game. It feels like a console game ported to the PC, and not a good port. I'm sure they'll push out another few sequels just to cash in on the marketing money they already spent. Don't believe the critics, they are paid shills for the publishers. Hopefully 2020 turns out a better year for gaming. Expand
  84. Sep 2, 2019
    Beauty - 10/10
    Gameplay - 0/10
    Reminds me Uncharted1 fights. Killing dozens of enemies to be one-shoted by last sneaky offscreen enemy. Absolutely Disgusting.
  85. Aug 29, 2019
    - Average action game
    - A bit repetitive and generic
    - Animations are weird sometimes - Plot holes - Poorly optimized RTX: running on RTX 2080 Ti and i9 9900K at 1440p, ultra settings, still only get 60 fps and it drops to 48 in certain areas. You have to enable DLSS to gain more FPS, but that lowers the internal resolution of the game. Looks cool overall. - Exclusive to Epic store,
    - Average action game
    - A bit repetitive and generic
    - Animations are weird sometimes
    - Plot holes
    - Exclusive to Epic store, which forces players to use an inferior launcher with less features like achievements for one example.
  86. Aug 27, 2019
    Awesome game by Remedy. They make interesting and fun games. Maybe the best game of the 2019.
  87. Sep 1, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. не знаю как остальным - а мне понравился только сюжет . Графика замыленная 10-летней давности (хотя компьютер у меня вроде не слабый - Интел 8 ядер , НВИДИА 8гб РАМ 32 ГБ)(может на DX11 норм?-я не знаю - не привык на минималках играть). Карта - по которой не понятно как добираться ( пример на карте комната а перед тобой стена и так далее ) Предметы которые не успевают прогрузиться .Геймплэй так себе скучный . Тем кто пишет про какую-то фантастическую графику хочется спросить : Ребята вам что заплатили ? I don’t know how the rest - but I liked only the plot. The graphics are blurred 10 years ago (although my computer seems to be not weak - Intel 8 cores, NVIDIA 8GB RAM 32GB) (maybe the DX11 is normal? - I don’t know - I'm not used to playing on minimums). Map - on which it is not clear how to get there (an example on the map is a room and there is a wall in front of you and so on) Items that do not have time to load. The gameplay is so boring. Those who write about some fantastic graphics would like to ask: Did you guys get paid? Expand
  88. Aug 30, 2019
    Control is a beautiful game in terms of art direction and graphics. It is supernatural, but feels real. Grounded in to reality by the brutalistic architecture and other mundane aspects of the world. The story is wonderfully weird and there are some really fun characters (like Ahti) that make me smile. Loved exploring and finding weird stuff hidden from the beaten path. Can't control myControl is a beautiful game in terms of art direction and graphics. It is supernatural, but feels real. Grounded in to reality by the brutalistic architecture and other mundane aspects of the world. The story is wonderfully weird and there are some really fun characters (like Ahti) that make me smile. Loved exploring and finding weird stuff hidden from the beaten path. Can't control my excitement for more content (through DLC's).

Played with 2070 Super - card, on an SSD and faced no serious frame rate dips or other visual glitches. RTX On.
  89. Aug 28, 2019
    In my opinion, this is a very good story .. i mean game. I love the style, the sound design, the amazing use of colour, lights and shadows. And for that .. this is an amazing game indeed.

What i do not like so much is - at least on my end - very slow loading textures sometimes, resulting in extremely blurry graphics at times .. which makes the game look genuinely 2004. the VERY

the VERY inconsistent character design .. wish some characters being amazing in both modelling, mimics and behaviour/animation .. others looking like they belong to another game, a much older one. Sadly, the protagonist herself is one of the models that (in my opinion) is rather one of the bad models (face design - she just looks very non emotional, static and lifeless) ... all the while Emily looks amazing with MUCH better facial structure and expression.

Run/Jump courses ... this seriously breaks immersion with me. While i like the shiny marble surfaces and abstract design - it just takes me straight out of the creepy

Some game mechanics are not well enough documented, especially the crafting part (if you can call it that) - in fact .. the crafting part feels very much like it was an afterthought.

The AI - not very good. quality over quantity would be preferred, also better balancing. I would have MUCH preferred not to have enemies literally spawn on top of me sometimes .. and also .. some "bosses" seem to play dirty with spawning basic mobs all over the place.

But since i value atmosphere and storytelling over almost anything in a game .. it still is a 9/10 for me .. for someone that looks more at the gameplay side and not the story ... well, it might just be average
  90. Sep 1, 2019
    Boring and self repeating game. Also very short game vs. Big price. Remedy is making same kind of games year after year, nothing new.
  91. Aug 29, 2019
    When I saw main character for the first time: "what the f***n trap on the screen?" - was my impression.
    The whole game is boring and not interesting.
  92. Sep 1, 2019
    1. отвратительная графика
    2. отвратительный сюжет
    3. отвратительный геймплей
    4. страшно неприятная главная героиня
    5. сильно жалко потраченных средств и денег
  93. Aug 27, 2019
    Okay, this game is incredible. First, let me say that this game runs beautifully on my RTX 2060 SUPER completely maxed out at 1080p. The ray tracing is gorgeous - easily the best use of the feature I’ve ever seen. The difference is night and day. Haven’t tested 4K yet, and FRAPS doesn’t work for some reason, but it seems to hold a steady 60 FPS with occasional and very minor frame dropsOkay, this game is incredible. First, let me say that this game runs beautifully on my RTX 2060 SUPER completely maxed out at 1080p. The ray tracing is gorgeous - easily the best use of the feature I’ve ever seen. The difference is night and day. Haven’t tested 4K yet, and FRAPS doesn’t work for some reason, but it seems to hold a steady 60 FPS with occasional and very minor frame drops (barely noticeable). I’ve been waiting for a game like this since “Psi Ops” - so it’s been a loooong wait. “Control” may be the best game of the year so far, better even than “Sekiro” (and I’m obsessed with From Software games). The user and critics scores are not reflective of the game’s true quality - the reviews up on YouTube are far more accurate. Definitely a 9.5/10 (deserves to be at least an 88 on Metacritic), and possibly better than Remedy’s claim to fame, Max Payne. I’m an actual parapsychologist, and the developers have clearly done their research on the subject. Be it Jungian psychology, astral projection, or real-life experiments on telepathy and psychokinesis, this game has it all. If you’re a fan of the paranormal or even just the X-Files, this is a MUST BUY! Thank you Remedy. Expand
  94. Aug 30, 2019
    Compelling story, with many hidden details and great humor.
    Combat is fun and it gest more and more entertaining as you unlock new powers.
    Jesse is a very relatable character.
  95. Aug 30, 2019
    Классный экшн. Красивая графика. Сюжет запутанный, но в целом понятный.
  96. Sep 9, 2019
    Let me start by saying I am a big fan of Remedy games! Alan wake was a great game and so is this. I loved some of the story tie ins with control and the events in alan wake. Both games in my opinion have a great story. Controls story is very syfy driven and keeps you interested. Even though the way that you can interact and manipulate the environment isn't anything new it is veryLet me start by saying I am a big fan of Remedy games! Alan wake was a great game and so is this. I loved some of the story tie ins with control and the events in alan wake. Both games in my opinion have a great story. Controls story is very syfy driven and keeps you interested. Even though the way that you can interact and manipulate the environment isn't anything new it is very enjoyable. I absolutely loved all the collectables and the way that they really developed the backstory or at least some of the history of the federal bureau of control. My only complaint is that all in all the battles are not all that challenging. Some of the bigger boss fights were a little tuff but all in all not all that hard. Expand
  97. Sep 12, 2019
    so stupid Worldview and story.
    remedy did it dumbs again
    first, why this game Heroine So Ugly? she's face modeling likes a Long sausage
    and if you Like Darksouls maze map, just pass this game
    this game has Stupidly complicated map
    one good thing was nice shooting taste and bad things was Everything except that
  98. Aug 28, 2019
    Brilliant on a high spec machine... time to start upgrading your potato computers.
  99. Aug 28, 2019
    Good game. Interesting story. Works fine at 6700k + 1080ti + 4k(2k render). Gameplay fresh and I like it. I want to buy it in steam :)
  100. Aug 29, 2019
    Amazing and innovative title remaining me about "Tween Peaks" or "The Lost Room". Game looks absolutely stunning, story is awesome and main character is cute like Lara. I don't know if you can compare any recent game in visual terms to "Control". Would give it 10 but it is extremely power hungry on the system (i7 7700K, MSI 1080Ti, WD M.2 and 32Gb DDR4 struggling in 4K) - so 8/10.

1. Sep 13, 2019
    A feast for your eyes and ears that will satisfy you with fun physics and a touch of the supernatural. The story could be a bit better, the metroidvania features are surplus to requirements and some side missions are a drag, but the atmosphere is top notch - and the gameplay doesn’t lag far behind.
  2. Sep 11, 2019
    It’s definitely not the worst way to spend 10-12 hours, especially if you're into supernatural fiction and the new weird. Yet Remedy lacked determination (or maybe skill?) to go the distance.
  3. Sep 10, 2019
    A deep, paranormal-based, story, solid gameplay with only minor flaws, Control marks the return of Remedy to high quality games.