- Summary: Set in a dystopian America in the not-so distant future. CORRUPTION 2029 is a new tactical strategy game from The Bearded Ladies, creators of ‘Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden’. Using your supreme tactical abilities, command a squad of heavily augmented ‘units’ deep into enemy territory toSet in a dystopian America in the not-so distant future. CORRUPTION 2029 is a new tactical strategy game from The Bearded Ladies, creators of ‘Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden’. Using your supreme tactical abilities, command a squad of heavily augmented ‘units’ deep into enemy territory to discover the cause of the CORRUPTION. CORRUPTION 2029 is a hardcore tactical game that should test the mettle of even the most experienced tactical gamers. [Epic]… Expand
Mar 4, 2020Corruption 2029 holds its own. It is difficult to make a game like XCOM, as dozens of failed titles have proved, and this is the first one I played that manages to accurately reproduce Firaxis’ formula while adding its own share of interesting mechanics to it. Behind the pretty exterior and the amazing tactical gameplay, you’ll find a gem that’s definitely worth experiencing -- if you can stomach the relatively small scope and repeated maps. That really shouldn’t be a problem, though. After all, war never changes.
Feb 25, 2020Corruption 2029 is a tactical RPG that requires players to take their time during encounters. Meticulous planning and strategy are vital to overcoming enemies, but it’s this speed of gameplay that might deter fans of more in-your-face approaches to combat. Still, the game’s narrative fits the atmosphere for an excellent adventure worth the price of entry.
Mar 9, 2020The fact is, the gameplay in Corruption is fun, and I enjoyed playing it. There aren’t enough challenging tactical games like this (as my thousands of hours in XCOM 2 can stand as evidence of). I commend The Bearded Ladies for knowing they had a cool idea when they saw it, and for focusing on polishing a single aspect of it- in this case the gameplay. And these are games, isn’t gameplay extremely important? Ultimately, Corruption is a tight, extremely playable tactical experience.
LEVEL (Czech Republic)Jul 22, 2020The game does not offend, but also doesn´t inspire. If it had more original content, it would certainly receive a more positive feedback. Therefore, it is only an average game. [Issue#302]
Feb 18, 2020The game is great. It's basically a remake of Mutant year Zero with a Sci-fi military vibe. I actually prefer it, very nice graphics, soundThe game is great. It's basically a remake of Mutant year Zero with a Sci-fi military vibe. I actually prefer it, very nice graphics, sound and stunning gameplay. I hope this game does well and gets some expansions and I don't think I'm a third of the way through yet. Oh yeah and it runs like butter, much better than mutant year zero.… Expand
Feb 17, 2020If you enjoyed Mutant Year Zero, then this is the game for you. It takes all of the ideas of the previous tactical/stealth game and greatlyIf you enjoyed Mutant Year Zero, then this is the game for you. It takes all of the ideas of the previous tactical/stealth game and greatly ups the ante. More choices, more freedom (this time you can go loud or quiet).
Good to see smaller games companies using Epic to support projects that otherwise might have not got off the ground (I personally have no problem using Steam, Origin, GOG and EPIC). Choice is a enabler not a hindrance - it's not like we have to pay a subscription service to any of these!… Expand
Mar 7, 2020If you haven't played Mutant Year Zero, play that one instead. If you have played MYZ and you're looking for more of the same, I'd recommendIf you haven't played Mutant Year Zero, play that one instead. If you have played MYZ and you're looking for more of the same, I'd recommend replaying it instead. 2029 has the same engine and same gameplay, yet fails to live up to the standards of MYZ because...
- The story is so generic you won't even remember the two factions
- Playable characters are interchangeable grunts that don't have a single line of dialogue
- You'll re-visit the same half dozen maps over and over
Worst of all, 2029 adds gameplay and quality of life issues that didn't exist in MYZ:
- You have fewer stealth skill and weapon options, so most of the game you *have* to use a loud weapon for stealth kills, yet there's no noise level indicator making stealth kills more trial-and-error than tactical
- If you initiate an ambush, but *don't* attack and exit combat, the game *still* forces you out of stealth and blows your cover
- Your elite company has NO QUARTERMASTER, you can only use what you find and you have limited carrying capacity, meaning MORE visits to the same maps
- The one "feature" they added to improve QOL is to auto-end missions when the main objective is complete, meaning you can't loot supplies after the last battle, and when you fast-travel back the enemies have respawned… Expand
Dec 1, 2020After Mutant Year Zero this is such a disappointment! For me MYT was almost a perfect game. Seed of evil was less good. And this is justAfter Mutant Year Zero this is such a disappointment! For me MYT was almost a perfect game. Seed of evil was less good. And this is just lazy...
In comparison to MYT:
- skills and XP system gone
- weapon upgrades gone
- weapon modding gone
- Armor and helmets gone (and no visual soldier customization)
- buying gear gone
- artifacts gone
- the very good dialogues between your soldiers gone (now they are mute)
- story... yeah... well... if you want to call it that...
- interesting maps with variety gone, but a lot of map recycling . really a lot! (gets very repetitive and boring quickly)
- loot on the maps almost gone (just medkits and grenades which don´t respawn, but enemies do)
To be fair, yes, you find upgrades for your soldiers that replace armor, helmets, weapon mods, skills, well... basically everything, but you just can equip three of them.
I think this was just a cash grab. While the game mechanics remain good, it feels soulless and lazy.
If you haven´t played Mutant year zero, play it instead of this....… Expand
Jun 6, 2021nice game Corruption 2029 I'm curious how this game came to be, considering the silence from the devs, and it being announced entirely lessnice game Corruption 2029 I'm curious how this game came to be, considering the silence from the devs, and it being announced entirely less than a month before release. In a lot of ways I hope they actually made this before Mutant, and are just cashing in on some Epic exclusivity to fund thei… Expand