- Publisher: Flight School Studio
- Release Date: Sep 6, 2019
- Also On: PlayStation 4, Switch, Xbox One
- Summary: Unlock the power of an ancient facility and face the ominous, all-seeing Creature in this unique pinball-inspired hack & slash.
- Developer: Flight School Studio
- Genre(s): Action Adventure, General
- # of players: No Online Multiplayer
- Cheats: On GameFAQs
- More Details and Credits »
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Creature In The Well: The First 10 Minutes Of Pinball Action
Positive: 5 out of 5
Mixed: 0 out of 5
Negative: 0 out of 5
Sep 5, 2019Despite some of its flaws, the few hours you’ll spend with Creature of the Well will be some of the most satisfying you’ll spend in all of gaming in 2019.
Sep 12, 2019As random as it sounds, combining robots, pinball, and hack and slash game play absolutely works. The Creature in the Well is by no means a casual game due to its difficulty, though the slow but steady ramping of skill required and the satisfaction of completing a dungeon section are more than enough to keep almost any gamer trying to beat just one more room.
Sep 5, 2019Creature in the Well manages to inject the geometry-focused experience of pinball into the frenzied gameplay loop of a dungeon crawler to craft a unique puzzle action game. On occasion, the game's hands-off approach to conveying information is a hindrance, but the well-structured dungeons and monstrous antagonist more than make up for it--producing an engaging hack-and-slash experience that allows for satisfying experimentation.
Sep 5, 2019Creature in the Well is a hypnotic flipper ‘n’ slash with astonishing art design. A brilliant mix that explodes in pure arcade pleasure, despite its dungeon crawling being quite repetitive and little inspired.
Sep 9, 2019Creature in the Well inovates in many ways, and has a great atmosphere. But the game is damn tough and will discourage many players.
|This publication does not provide a score for their reviews.|
|This publication has not posted a final review score yet.|
|These unscored reviews do not factor into the Metascore calculation.|
Sep 5, 2019It’s dark, a little bit funny, and it delivers puzzles that are more satisfying to solve than defeating standard dungeon crawling monsters.
Positive: 1 out of 7
Mixed: 4 out of 7
Negative: 2 out of 7
May 29, 2021Its a super simple short pinball hack n slash kinda thing adventure. I liked the mild progression with the help of items. Imo it was just theIts a super simple short pinball hack n slash kinda thing adventure. I liked the mild progression with the help of items. Imo it was just the right length and didnt overstay its welcome.… Expand
Apr 14, 2021Not a bad game. Not a great game either. The main mechanic is quite interesting, and fun to play with at first. However, after a couple ofNot a bad game. Not a great game either. The main mechanic is quite interesting, and fun to play with at first. However, after a couple of hours, you notice that a large amount of the game's content is copy-pasted identical rooms. The game is padded, and becomes a bit tiresome.… Expand
Sep 9, 2019Good:
- The dodge and swing mechanics feel fluid
- The art style is great Mixed: - The upgrade system is extremely bland, but having aGood:
- The dodge and swing mechanics feel fluid
- The art style is great
- The upgrade system is extremely bland, but having a more complicated system would have probably been a hindrance to the rest of the game
- The story has an interesting premise, but plays it very straight to the bitter end
- A pinball hack and slash in a unique gimmick, but the random element that comes from hitting the ball around leads to countless frustrating moments
- The way that camera flys around while traversing dungeons adds some more style to the game, but makes using the minimap very challenging at times
- Very little ability to pull yourself out of a tight situation, as the dodge doesn't grant any invincibility (no clue if there is a hidden item that enables this)
- The energy you collect throughout the game isn't finite and is retained between dungeons. Trying to solve your way through a tough puzzle can easily net you 50K energy without even trying, which allows you to skip entire stretches of dungeons and diminishes the challenge that some of these rooms may have
- The respawn system doesn't make sense in the context of the game. If the creature is trying to kill you, why would it just place you outside to give the player another go at it??
- Orange projectiles can go through walls, track for way too long, and interfere with puzzles in separate rooms; extremely frustrating when the only way to dispose of them is to use the balls
- Capes are often a disappointing collectibles to find after solving a puzzle, as they only serve as cosmetic
-The final encounter is chaotic (not in a particularly fun way) and the ending is lackluster
Sep 22, 2019Creature in the Well não é memorável, mas pode ser muito divertido em partes. Se você conseguir ignorar a repetição e monotonia de algumasCreature in the Well não é memorável, mas pode ser muito divertido em partes. Se você conseguir ignorar a repetição e monotonia de algumas fases e se deixar imergir na atmosfera cativante e magistralmente construída do jogo, é possível aproveitar a experiência.… Expand
Mar 30, 2021Creature in the well looks fun and the art style is very nice to look at, but there is one problem, it sucks. The puzzles feel like you areCreature in the well looks fun and the art style is very nice to look at, but there is one problem, it sucks. The puzzles feel like you are trying to play baseball but the coach is throwing balls at you from the side while you do it. It does not explain anything to you and makes you go into the game and get pelted in seconds without knowing what the hell you are doing. It is repetitive and not fun whatsoever as you have to hit the ball at such a precise angle that some puzzles take a super long time to finish.… Expand
Aug 28, 2020Interesting premise, charging up to 3 balls to send like a pinball to collect energy. The game is kind of a puzzle game, you collect energyInteresting premise, charging up to 3 balls to send like a pinball to collect energy. The game is kind of a puzzle game, you collect energy hitting walls and such. That is fine, the problem comes when you have to solve puzzles with timed activations that are chained. Fail one (which is quite easy) and you have to start again, and again, and again. And when you have some enemy energy waves chasing you, it's not fun at all.
Thankfully, I got it from Game pass, played till the second boss, and that's it.… Expand
Apr 5, 2021It has very nice art style and beautiful atmosphere. Gameplay is sometimes not that good but otherwise, it's a good game and I would recommend it.
- (0 views)