6.7

1. Nov 23, 2011
    Critical Mass is a great game that takes the Bejeweled/Connect 4 style game play of matching colours into 3 dimensions. The game is easy to play but very hard to master and has very simple but inviting visuals. The only major complaint I have is that it I can see it getting repetitive quite quickly. Definitely worth its low price and I will be recommending it to my friends. It also has aCritical Mass is a great game that takes the Bejeweled/Connect 4 style game play of matching colours into 3 dimensions. The game is easy to play but very hard to master and has very simple but inviting visuals. The only major complaint I have is that it I can see it getting repetitive quite quickly. Definitely worth its low price and I will be recommending it to my friends. It also has a colour blind mode which is a good feature. Expand
  2. Jul 2, 2011
    Critical Mass is fantastic! It's a matching game with a slow, building tension. Ozgeek's review is wrong, the slow rotation is a good thing, and the controls are fine. Critical mass is a great blend of a matching game and an action game, much like Tetris. No doubt Ozgeek would prefer that games like tetris would not speed up either. Finally, Critical Mass has that "just one more turn"Critical Mass is fantastic! It's a matching game with a slow, building tension. Ozgeek's review is wrong, the slow rotation is a good thing, and the controls are fine. Critical mass is a great blend of a matching game and an action game, much like Tetris. No doubt Ozgeek would prefer that games like tetris would not speed up either. Finally, Critical Mass has that "just one more turn" addictiveness that is the hallmark of the Civilisation series. Expand
  3. Jun 22, 2011
    This would have been a great simple "match and score" game but is completely ruined by shoddy controls and the view keeps spinning causing you to mistakely place cubes on an unwanted area. I would have liked it to stay still and not spin. Ashamed because I'm aussie and many aussie games has been having bad reviews -counting this one. Please aussies, make better games. Stop sprewing rubbish games.
  4. CRL
    Aug 31, 2011
    Critical Mass is a puzzle game, and when you see the first pictures is seems pretty easy. Then once you finally play you discover that matching the cubes on that pretty 3D cube is a lot harder than it looks... and can eventually drive you a little crazy.
  5. May 10, 2013
    Critical Mass could be one of those highly addictive block puzzle games with a fun, 3-dimensional twist to it. But as it is now it just feels beta. The most important thing is the lack of control options. Twisting the cube around should not be done holding your mouse button when you're also using a mouse button to launch the blocks. It doesn't feel comfortable and it consumes too muchCritical Mass could be one of those highly addictive block puzzle games with a fun, 3-dimensional twist to it. But as it is now it just feels beta. The most important thing is the lack of control options. Twisting the cube around should not be done holding your mouse button when you're also using a mouse button to launch the blocks. It doesn't feel comfortable and it consumes too much time. A mouse-keyboard option seems to be a really easy way to fix it, but there isn't one and I don't know why. Controller options would probably be even better for a lot of people.
    Second I think the time limit should be more visible to the player. It's not clear enough when critical mass is about to reach, I think a time bar or something like that is a better indicator.
    I'm okay with being really bad at this game and running out of time (although the game could do with a really easy classic mode), but I want that to be at my own fault or lack of insight, not at the fault of control mechanics. That's not something I can improve on.
  6. Sep 11, 2017
    Meh.
    Looks isometric, yet is two dimensional in main mechanism of block placing.

En Resumen:
    Get something else. Like Shatter.
    . .
  7. May 14, 2013
    Critical Mass is a good game. Sure, it could give you more incentive to continue playing and it could use a bit more polish but for 2 dollars this is a great value. And quite frankly, you really won't mind the missing features when you're desperately trying to rotate the camera to clear that last couple of blocks while the blocks are shaking and the red ring is threatening to consume everything.
  8. Mar 12, 2012
    Critical Mass is a puzzle game where you clear the field of blocks by matching sets of four same-colored blocks, as fast as possible. In this game, speed is much more important than smart block placement, so the game tends to be hectic and fast-paced (though, I usually prefer games that are the other way around). The game works pretty well, for the most part, and the puzzle action is fun.Critical Mass is a puzzle game where you clear the field of blocks by matching sets of four same-colored blocks, as fast as possible. In this game, speed is much more important than smart block placement, so the game tends to be hectic and fast-paced (though, I usually prefer games that are the other way around). The game works pretty well, for the most part, and the puzzle action is fun. The graphics are clear and functional, though not terribly pretty, and the sound works, but you don't lose much by muting the sound.

The achievements for this game are unfair. Many require you to reach the top of the leaderboards.

If you're a fan of puzzle games and like challenges that require you to think quickly, or if you enjoy the competition of online leaderboards, then this is the game for you. Other puzzle fans should consider Critical Mass, especially since the price is good.
  9. Dec 13, 2012
    Pretty boring. I thought it would be like a reverse rubix cube puzzle game but the camera/aiming controls are awkward, the music is the same 10 sec loop featured in the trailer repeating forever, and the combo system is shallow. There's plenty of other good puzzle games on Steam so skip this.

1. Jul 22, 2011
    Quotation forthcoming.
  2. Jul 1, 2011
    Despite - or possibly because of - its simple premise, Critical Mass is a game that's hard to put down once you get into a groove, and its a game we're likely to see a lot more of on handheld platforms once word gets around.
  3. Jun 29, 2011
    The question isn't if it's worth your time. It clearly is. The real question is if -- for only ten dollars -- you're ready to spend every free second you have in front of your computer, dominated by Critical Mass. It might be a blasphemous comparison, but this is an obsession of mine that's nearing Tetris proportions.