7.9

1. Mar 11, 2021
    visually pleasing, it's unique on it own, it has a lot of replay value, simply a great title
  2. Mar 9, 2021
    I'm actually gobsmacked on how mindless the negative reviews are being. This is NOT Hades. We get it, you love Hades, we love Hades but this isn't the same game though. There's alot to love here and there's clearly a good amount of passion put into this title. Give this game a chance! Watch independent reviews on YouTube if you have to before buying this game.
  3. Mar 7, 2021
    After 8 hours.

– Very good and rhythmic combo systems and balance. – Juicy picture and setting. – I love it. But: – Not a very large assortment of interesting weapons. – Some moments are boring due to slow movement. For example, rooms with a healing fountain and a lot of empty and useless space. – Few options for mixing building aspects. Anyway that's one of the best and
    After 8 hours.

– Very good and rhythmic combo systems and balance.
    – Juicy picture and setting.
    – I love it.

But:

– Not a very large assortment of interesting weapons.
    – Few options for mixing building aspects.

Anyway that's one of the best and addictive rogue-lites.
  4. Mar 7, 2021
    The game is really good. It's not a Hades copycat, has its own thing going on.
    The game is really good. It's not a Hades copycat, has its own thing going on.
    The only thing that i would like to see improved was more customization, it feels too much RNG. The initial weapons with everything upgrades were too random between completely useless to awesome but with affixes that made no sense. That was the only point that was frustrating about the game, other than that, loved how hard this game is. The last tier of corruption it felt like a lost opportunity to more interesting gameplay dynamics.
  5. Mar 6, 2021
    Ok after around 12 hours with the game, this is my take:
    1. The game is great and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys roguelite games with responsive combat and the ability to maximize the resources and tools you get and trying to make the most of any given run when it comes to scaling and aiming for a certain build.
    2. THE GAME IS NOTHING LIKE HADES SO PLEASE STOP COMPARING LIKE
    Ok after around 12 hours with the game, this is my take:
    2. THE GAME IS NOTHING LIKE HADES SO PLEASE STOP COMPARING LIKE DUMMIES. 2 GREAT GAMES WITH BARELY ANY SIMILIARITIES WHEN YOU ACTUALLY START PLAYING THEM.
    3. On a personal note, I find this game easier than other roguelites. Maybe because it's built in a different way where there are different levels to runs and it starts pretty easy like a pyramid of difficulties. At first glance I was sure this game was a hard roguelite but so far It's actually a smooth sail for me. Maybe because I got some experience with these type of games but anyway it's not a bad thing that it's not as difficult as others
    4. The Curse system is actually friendlier than I thought it would be, there are barely any curses that will screw your run over, most curses have great positive effects also. The important thing is to avoid getting the fifth curse because then you're most likely dead if you can't reach the boss before dying and still somehow beat him.
    5. The game is super polished, I didn't tackle any bugs at all.
    Ya all should give it a try!
  6. Mar 3, 2021
    At this point in time, there is a massive heap of masterfully crafted roguelikes out there, and somehow, some developers manage to make even more near-immaculate games tied to this genre. Curse of the Dead Gods is one of those games, not only due to its beautiful art style reminiscent of Darkest Dungeon but also having some of the best combat systems the genre has seen, rivaling the likesAt this point in time, there is a massive heap of masterfully crafted roguelikes out there, and somehow, some developers manage to make even more near-immaculate games tied to this genre. Curse of the Dead Gods is one of those games, not only due to its beautiful art style reminiscent of Darkest Dungeon but also having some of the best combat systems the genre has seen, rivaling the likes of Dead Cells and Hades. Adding the clever corruption and curse systems on top of this deep combat loop make for an incredible, tense and exhilarating experience with risk/reward situations behind every corner. This game has already solidified itself and one of the best roguelikes ever made, and the team at Passtech Games should be very proud of their work. If you enjoy roguelikes or simply good games in general, your chances of not falling in love for Curse of the Dead Gods are about a million to none. Expand
  7. Mar 3, 2021
    Don't expect nothing big, super fun roguelike for hop in and play for couple of hours, super fun combat and mechanics
  8. Lgn
    Mar 2, 2021
    A bad copy pasted mechanics of dark souls, a bad copy of hades. In hard mode it feels even worse, after finishing the game the first time it's completly pointless to continue playing.

I guess just copying mindlessly other good game is not enough to create something decent.

Trash.
  9. Mar 1, 2021
    This is not Hades! This game will get a lot of negative reviews from people that expected the casual experience and the mirror-upgrade + story loop of Hades.

The core game play of Curse of the Dead Gods is much deeper, but it doesn't have story content or that many rougue-lite elements. You have to improve your skills instead of mirror upgrades in this game - it's much more skill based and if you know how to play and how to handle the controls and enemy attack patterns you could easily win without any permanent upgrades.

If you're looking for a great rogue-lite dungeon crawler with game play focus instead of Hades 2.0, you can't go wrong.
  10. Feb 28, 2021
    the game has solid gameplay loop, but after playing hades, this feels so hollow. like 20 steps back
    maybe I just need to accept that great games are rare and most games are just filler
  11. Feb 28, 2021
    This game gets a bad wrap because of hades. Imo, its' better, but honestly it should be in its own category. Cool unique aesthetic and light mechanics, slower combat system and more soulslike vibe. If you enjoy difficult roguelite games that feel smooth, polished and have a varied loot progression system then I'd be surprised if you didn't dig this game.
  12. Mar 10, 2020
    Let me begin by saying that this is an indie game in early development at time of writing and you should expect as much from it.

With that in mind it completely surpassed my expectations. The game's visuals are pleasing to the eye and combat continues to be interesting many hours in. My only non-superficial complaint would be a lack of content and variety. It is a rogue-lite and as such randomly generates it's levels based on specific patterns of rooms. Unfortunately the random rooms come from a very obviously short list. Coupled with only a handful of enemy types this makes for a somewhat monotonous experience. These things can be expected from an Indie game still in development and aren't as much a complaint as a thirst for more. I cannot wait to see what Passtech Games will do in the future with this title and will be following its development into the future.

Despite some balancing gripes and general polish this game makes for a great experience that I can only see getting better.
  13. Mar 1, 2021

Generally favorable reviews - based on 16 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 19, 2021
    Overall, Curse of the Dead Gods is a solid roguelite, though it doesn’t attempt anything revolutionary or ambitious. Its familiar approach to genre-specific structure makes it easy to dive right into without fearing a loss of the challenge. The different strategic approaches available with the upgrades system also makes progression feel rewarding. The art, the variety of curses, and the overall formula that Curse of the Dead Gods follows make it a tale worth exploring, even if the moral of the story is that greed equals painful and agonizing death.
  2. Mar 18, 2021
    Curse of The Dead Gods stands out for its combat system, phenomenally supported by a set of mechanisms that will have you constantly second-guessing your decisions. The curses' randomness gives it a lot of flexibility and transforms every attempt into a frenetic head-scratcher. The sum of all parts of the game results in an experience that will keep you playing just because you want to beat it again and again.
  3. Mar 12, 2021
    Great battles, but not much to back it up. Curse of the Dead Gods puts its focus on the brutal and challenging skirmishes and offers too little on the side.