5.8

1. Sep 28, 2018
    Intrseting stages cars everything here , but physics and gps are chaotic controls ,somewhat i dont feel driving looks lik e unfinished game.
  2. Oct 5, 2018
    In a word, disappointing. This is my first review and I wish I could be positive. I have been waiting for this game for so long, But it’s just not finished.

The bullet notes read like this, The co- driver doesn’t shut up, then he does and you don’t know where to go, Then he yells at you to get back to your last marker but he doesn’t give directions and there’s no map

The bullet notes read like this,

The co- driver doesn’t shut up, then he does and you don’t know where to go, Then he yells at you to get back to your last marker but he doesn’t give directions and there’s no map marker to follow.

If you crash through a waypoint and it ends your race it gives you the option to start from last waypoint, so it starts you .2 seconds from your crash, So it actually never shows your car it goes straight from pressing A to withdrawal again in an endless loop.

The bike handling is on rails but the two wheel drive car is totally uncontrollable at full throttle

The strangest things cause massive damage but huge dune jumps don’t. It’s like you hit nothings in the world. If you want to know what nothings are play vanishing point for the ps1 and you’ll know what I mean

It truly feels as though the game is unfinished, the visuals the map size and the navigation style all are so promising and the base of a good game is in here. But they sent it out half baked and so I can only give it a half score

1. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Dec 21, 2018
    The car physics are more appropriate for a “shoebox on linoleum” simulator than a Dakar racing game. [Issue#234, p.59]
  2. Oct 21, 2018
    The concept might seem interesting, but poor visuals, poor driving physics and the totally incoherent co-driver make sure that this works neither as a rallye game nor a GPS racing simulator.
  3. Oct 17, 2018
    Praise to Bigmoon for the courage to take on this difficult to implement racing game genre. The small studio has also mastered the big task properly, especially the challenging navigation is authentically conveyed to the player. However, Dakar 18 weakens in one decisive discipline: driving physics. In times of a Dirt Rally 2.0, which will appear next February, racing fans expect more from a game with a simulation claim. Also the missing vehicle tuning as well as the spartan damage model should be offensive to simulation fans. But if you don't let this spoil the fun, you'll get an off-road game of a different kind, which also creates a Dakar atmosphere thanks to the pretty graphics and the authentic navigation system.