5.8

1. Sep 26, 2018
    Co-driver might be gay!

Its an excellent game that I may buy if the developers make better use of physics. The terrain is stunning and remind me of travels in these regions (!). Very well recreated! The co-driver, however, is a bit of a payne. He whines in a high schrill voice if we as much as touch a rock. Endlessly chattering on' about how bu..hurt he is by the slightest bump in
    Co-driver might be gay!

The co-driver, however, is a bit of a payne. He whines in a high schrill voice if we as much as touch a rock. Endlessly chattering on' about how bu..hurt he is by the slightest bump in the road.

Also: If you hit one of the many cacti on the plains... the car, not the cacti, get damaged. Go figure.
    Same goes for plastictape marking the course. Evidently its tougher than the Paris - Dakar cars.

So, in summing up: This is one of the games I might end up bying if I get tempted to also try its multiplayer-content. Untill then I'm happy seeing if the devs. make some useful updates, and if the price drops to... oh say, around 30euro, I'll buy.

Btw.: The V-Rally 4, released on the same day at same price, if far inferior. What laughable handling and subpar graphics. That one I'm un-installing soon and obviously not considering buying.
  2. Feb 12, 2019
    I love the game.
    Graphics are awesome, navigation system is very cool.
    Stages are long enough, around one hour and something. Co-pilot is a bit noisy and repetitive. Damage system could be improved, I can't find my truck damaged on lhe outside, despite being severely damaged according to the percentages. I like the idea of getting out of the car to dig and use the shovel, but the
    I love the game.
    Graphics are awesome, navigation system is very cool.
    Stages are long enough, around one hour and something.
    Co-pilot is a bit noisy and repetitive.
    I like the idea of getting out of the car to dig and use the shovel, but the driver moves are a bit funky.
    I can't understand how some people give a below 5 score on this game.
    This game is worth a 7 at least.
  3. Feb 28, 2019
    Dakar 18 isn’t for everybody. Don’t expect to find a racing game similar to Forza Horizon, DiRT, Baja, WRC or V-Rally. It’s a totally new breed of rally raid racing with a different concept that we can’t simply compare to other racers out there. It's a game to be tried by everyone, ‘cause it’s different from everything else. We must applaud Bigmoon for the effort and guts on bringing aDakar 18 isn’t for everybody. Don’t expect to find a racing game similar to Forza Horizon, DiRT, Baja, WRC or V-Rally. It’s a totally new breed of rally raid racing with a different concept that we can’t simply compare to other racers out there. It's a game to be tried by everyone, ‘cause it’s different from everything else. We must applaud Bigmoon for the effort and guts on bringing a game based on the Dakar. Expand

1. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Dec 21, 2018
    The car physics are more appropriate for a “shoebox on linoleum” simulator than a Dakar racing game. [Issue#234, p.59]
  2. Oct 21, 2018
    The concept might seem interesting, but poor visuals, poor driving physics and the totally incoherent co-driver make sure that this works neither as a rallye game nor a GPS racing simulator.
  3. Oct 17, 2018
    Praise to Bigmoon for the courage to take on this difficult to implement racing game genre. The small studio has also mastered the big task properly, especially the challenging navigation is authentically conveyed to the player. However, Dakar 18 weakens in one decisive discipline: driving physics. In times of a Dirt Rally 2.0, which will appear next February, racing fans expect more from a game with a simulation claim. Also the missing vehicle tuning as well as the spartan damage model should be offensive to simulation fans. But if you don't let this spoil the fun, you'll get an off-road game of a different kind, which also creates a Dakar atmosphere thanks to the pretty graphics and the authentic navigation system.