8.6

Buy Now
Buy on

1. doj
    Feb 18, 2020
    Во всем проигрывает своему основному конкуренту Silent Hunter III, при это имеет неимоверно высокий пользовательский рейтинг, что скорее всего связано, что оценку поставили только те, кто в нее играл, а их набралось всего-ничегоВо всем проигрывает своему основному конкуренту Silent Hunter III, при это имеет неимоверно высокий пользовательский рейтинг, что скорее всего связано, что оценку поставили только те, кто в нее играл, а их набралось всего-ничего
  2. Nov 12, 2014
    When I first got it at launch, I didn't really like it, as the tutorials on cd 2 really sucked, and the GFX were so plain compared to SHIII.. and reading the entire 700 page PDF-manual weren't as fun as in the even older days, when you got a complete bible of information, in paperform.

So it collected dust for a few years, then I noticed the modding community, mainly the RA mod.. and great tutorials on youtube.
    The GFX might not be topnotch by todays standard, (or even at the original time of the release), but they are sufficent, as you are really busy keeping track of all contacts and firing solutions and calculations to have time to complain.

With the RA mod I'd give it a 9.5 at least.
    I still play SHIII with mods (GWX3 gold with the 1920x1080 fix, and LSH3 mod). It looks a lot better, and plays realy great.
    But DW is one step ahead! And is the #1 naval sim in my eyes. (if it would be subsim only it would tie with SHIII modded)
  3. YermakirumY.
    May 10, 2008
    Very good game.
  4. MichaelMB
    Feb 1, 2007
    Not as good as I thought it would be. Only slightly better than Harpoon. Harpoon is harder to use, DW has a better GUI. Nice playing though. Prefer Fleet Command.
  5. AdrianN.
    Jan 30, 2007
    This could be an aeronaval simulator. It is better than a game.
  6. JimC.
    May 15, 2005
    In a word... Innovative! No other simulation has tried to simulate an entire mode of war like this one. With it's new platforms (fixed-wing aircraft, guided-missile frigate and it's accompanying multi-mission helicopter, and a stealthy diesel submarine) Dangerous Waters is a true anti-submarine warfare simulation. And then the devs decided to throw in the nuke subs from before In a word... Innovative! No other simulation has tried to simulate an entire mode of war like this one. With it's new platforms (fixed-wing aircraft, guided-missile frigate and it's accompanying multi-mission helicopter, and a stealthy diesel submarine) Dangerous Waters is a true anti-submarine warfare simulation. And then the devs decided to throw in the nuke subs from before just to keep things interesting... It's a truly bold game design, and I hope it succeeds so more games like this will be created! Expand
  7. SantiagoLamelo
    May 7, 2005
    Best naval sim I have played, mainly for the realism and the multiplayer, where you could play with your friends "inside" one of the platforms available in game. The multicrew multiplayer option rocks, there nis not another naval sim which offer this.
    IF you like Naval sims, DW is a must have
  8. SantiagoL.
    Mar 10, 2005
    A super naval sim really real. It's a pity that as many other minor Navy Units present in the simulation, Italian Navy Units are not modeled even if they play a role in the Mediterranen Sea that is an interesting area for a sim game like this. Hopefully waiting for add-ons and mods in this way!
  9. Nov 12, 2014

With the RA mod I'd give it a 9.5 at least.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 24 Critic Reviews

1. A very good simulator for naval combat that includes realistic ships, aircraft, mission types and mission areas. This is a great naval experience whether you have legs born of years at sea or if you are just looking to get your feet wet (that pun was intended).
  2. The diversity in gameplay, multiplayer potential and mod possibilities all add up to make a game that many of us will be playing for a long time to come. Sinking your teeth into the game will take some time, but with the help of the manual and tutorial videos it is not that daunting at all.
    Short of actually enlisting, games like Dangerous Waters are as close as many of us can get to knowing the how and why of real world navy operations. Sonalysts Combat Simulations really delivers on this score, authentically recreating the processes of combat, from identification to engagement, in a variety of exciting missions.