- Publisher: Red Hook Studios
- Release Date: Jun 19, 2017
- Also On: PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Switch, Xbox One
- Summary: Darkest Dungeon®: The Crimson Court is the first expansion for the award-winning grim and gothic RPG by Red Hook Studios. Crimson Court is a parallel campaign experienced alongside the main Darkest Dungeon content that will provide you with new challenges and variation at every difficultyDarkest Dungeon®: The Crimson Court is the first expansion for the award-winning grim and gothic RPG by Red Hook Studios. Crimson Court is a parallel campaign experienced alongside the main Darkest Dungeon content that will provide you with new challenges and variation at every difficulty level. The narrative grounding sheds some light on the Ancestor’s early days, and will be presented in the same style of cut-scenes you’ve seen elsewhere in the game.… Expand
- Developer: Red Hook Studios
- Genre(s): Role-Playing, General
- # of players: No Online Multiplayer
- Cheats: On GameFAQs
- More Details and Credits »
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Darkest Dungeon: The Crimson Court - Launch Trailer
Positive: 9 out of 11
Mixed: 2 out of 11
Negative: 0 out of 11
Jun 23, 2017A blood soaked, stylish-beyond-reckoning testament to the art and alchemy of flawless video game design. The Crimson Court provides a substantial addition to one of the greatest, most obsessive tests of gaming character ever created. Indispensable.
Jun 30, 2017With The Crimson Court, I feel like Red Hook is taking us even deeper into Lovecraftian parentage, not just in expanding its supernatural mythos and pantheons, but also by delving deeper into the sense of tragedy, the sorrow of fragile mortality that must be a part of all horror.
Sep 27, 2017All the additions to the base game, from the new hero, to the ultra creepy Mosquito Vampires, are glorious, and in the end, add a fantastic amount of good content to an already great game. Ten dollars earns you an easy 30+ hours re-exploring the Ancestor’s Homestead, and while I am loathe to make value calls, this one is so easy that not making it feels wrong. If you have not picked this up yet, stop wasting time. The Countess calls…
Jun 28, 2017If you’re new to the dungeon or it's been a long time since you ventured into its depths, do yourself a favor and get your sea legs ready before wading into the bloody pools of The Crimson Court. If you’re an experienced delver looking for a new challenge, then by all means, step into the moonlight and find out what the night has in store for you.
Aug 25, 2017The Crimson Court offers a dense, well-made addition that enriches an already excellent title with fresh content, playability and balanced difficulty. The bloodthirsty monsters, the masochist hero, the giant epic dungeon, and the pile of new difficulties to keep all chars alive and sane are well worth the price.
Jul 11, 2017Highly recommended, but only if you feel in harmony with the Philosopher's philosophy.
Jun 27, 2017While I do love how seamlessly the new content has been integrated into the game, it might need a bit of balancing before it becomes truly fun and engaging to play. As it stands, The Crimson Court feels too much like an unfair beginner’s trap which continues to punish players with devastating consequences that you can’t plan for.
Positive: 0 out of 1
Mixed: 0 out of 1
Negative: 1 out of 1
Jun 28, 2021Darkest Dungeon: The Crimson Court consistently fails to meaningfully expand upon what made Darkest Dungeon great.
This expansion isDarkest Dungeon: The Crimson Court consistently fails to meaningfully expand upon what made Darkest Dungeon great.
This expansion is designed to be played with a new save file and attempting to integrate this content into a late game save will make an already weak expansion excruciating.
If you want more Darkest Dungeon you will find it here but you will also find an unnecessarily high amount of things you did not want or ask for.
I would avoid this DLC unless you know what you are getting into.… Expand
- (0 views)