7.3

1. Apr 21, 2016
    This game provides what you needs, a best rpg game i've ever played and prove we dont need graphics like GTA or Dark Souls to get a good game with a balance inside
  2. Jun 26, 2017
    I really hate useless _/10 scores, but this platform forces one, so wait until the end for a recommendation on how much you should buy it for, as I feel it to be a more accurate representation of whether the game is, you know... worth it. DarkMaus is an Action RPG game created by Daniel Wright. This game is often compared to Dark Souls, but is never really given a good score of its own,I really hate useless _/10 scores, but this platform forces one, so wait until the end for a recommendation on how much you should buy it for, as I feel it to be a more accurate representation of whether the game is, you know... worth it. DarkMaus is an Action RPG game created by Daniel Wright. This game is often compared to Dark Souls, but is never really given a good score of its own, so I aim to do just that. Is this game good? Yeah, it's decent. The gameplay isn't a whole lot like souls. You have a shield, but the top down perspective means the dodge roll is going to work a lot differently, and the skill tree is an interesting touch. The level-up system isn't as fluid, and the lack of a real hub area kind of saddens me. The enemies spend too much time turtleing behind shields, I feel, but the varying of enemy design keeps things interesting. This might just be my PC, but it felt kind of poorly optimized, and I was having some trouble in a lot of the spider areas keeping the frame rate at something vaguely manageable. Onto story: You're a mouse. Alright, now that we're done with story, onto design. The game looks interesting, and the enemies look cool and varied, though I found myself asking a lot of questions I knew would never be answered. So, is the game worth $9.99? Not really. I'd much rather suggest it for 50 or even 75% off. It's by no means a bad game, but it's very average, and when you're up against the titans of the Souls series, average just doesn't cut it. Expand
  3. Apr 29, 2018
    A top down view game inspired by the Dark Souls series. You play as a mouse and you must fight various enemies such as rats and crows. There are also challenging bosses. Controller required.

1. CD-Action
    May 30, 2016
    Despite the top-down view DarkMaus stays too close to Dark Souls and it’s obvious that the developer is not interested in telling stories, but I’m still really impressed by what he managed to achieve on his own. [05/2016, p.43]
  2. Pelit (Finland)
    Apr 12, 2016
    DarkMaus is an excellent 2D action RPG, which borrows key gameplay elements from Dark Souls. [Apr 2016]
  3. Feb 26, 2016
    There are so many mechanics at play in DarkMaus, with layers upon layers of stats governing everything within its world and combat, that it really is a stunning achievement that one person could not only replicate the work of From Software, but create a new experience around it.