- Summary: From the dawn of creation, the council has maintained the Balance across existence. Carrying out their orders are the Horsemen, Nephilim (powerful beings spawned from the unnatural union of angels and demons) who have pledged themselves to the Council and been granted immense power. However,From the dawn of creation, the council has maintained the Balance across existence. Carrying out their orders are the Horsemen, Nephilim (powerful beings spawned from the unnatural union of angels and demons) who have pledged themselves to the Council and been granted immense power. However, this power came at a tragic cost: the Horsemen were ordered to use their newfound strength to wipe out the rest of their kind. What followed was a bloody battle on Eden where the Horsemen, obeying the will of the Council, annihilated the Nephilim. Darksiders: Genesis is an action/adventure that tears its way through hordes of demons, angels, and everything in-between on its way to Hell and back with guns blazing and swords swinging. Genesis gives players their first look at the world of Darksiders before the events of the original game, as well as introduces the horseman Strife.… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Darksiders Genesis - Gameplay Trailer | Gamescom 2019
Dec 20, 2019Darksiders Genesis is by far the best game in the series. As someone who has played all of them, I can honestly say that this is more than a hack and slash game where you slay demons, but a kick-ass demon slaying game that has found new life by remixing what it does best and incorporating the best features of other games to create something new in the series.
Dec 4, 2019Darksiders Genesis looked like another Diablo clone, but it has its own personality and is a Darksiders with a different perspective. It's fun, has a component of RPG and platform game and, despite its problems, is a great new game of the saga created by Madureira brothers.
Dec 4, 2019Darksiders Genesis takes the franchise's pillars (fast-paced combat, some puzzles and platforming) to an isometric perspective. A game that, although feels completely like a smaller spin-off rather than a big new entry in the series, manages to still give that Darksiders' feeling that fans love.
Dec 4, 2019Darksiders Genesis is a completely mediocre, somewhat boring game. There is good entertainment for a few hours, but then the variation ends and it becomes very much the same enemies, the same level, the same mission and you do more or less the same thing for the rest of the game.
Dec 7, 2019Yes, I give 10 as I didnt expected that this game can be so good. I feel it has its issues like camera problems, but nevertheless theYes, I give 10 as I didnt expected that this game can be so good. I feel it has its issues like camera problems, but nevertheless the playability of this game is far beyond my expectations. I enjoyed playstyle in Darksiders 2 so much, this game puts it even further. Recommend it.… Expand
Dec 5, 2019Для спин-оффа серии лучшего и пожелать нельзя, как впрочем нельзя было ожидать ничего другого от талантливой команды разработчиков, жду DLC кДля спин-оффа серии лучшего и пожелать нельзя, как впрочем нельзя было ожидать ничего другого от талантливой команды разработчиков, жду DLC к генезису и четвертую номерную часть.… Expand
Dec 10, 2019This is a very good game. I'm almost done with the main campaign, and I know for a fact I will replay it.
PROS: + Simple, fun, andThis is a very good game. I'm almost done with the main campaign, and I know for a fact I will replay it.
+ Simple, fun, and addictive gameplay loop --- run around and shoot stuff with style, do the occasional environment puzzle, fight boss, go back to home base, upgrade, do it all over again
+ Excellent music - somehow the music in this game is really good. Very distinctive and can be listened to for extended periods without being intrusive or annoying.
+Excellent core combat mechanics - The top-down view really helps you take into account all enemies surrounding you, and shooting from top-down view pairs up well with a gamepad (because playing a shooter on a gamepad is an exercise in frustration). The combat is a MONUMENTAL step up from Darksiders 3.
+ Very good art style - Darksiders has always had a good art style. No changes here.
+ Fun to upgrade - the upgrades consist of lateral movements as well as vertical movements. Vertical movements are fun - they make you more powerful and that's that. It's rewarding (Health upgrade, Potion upgrade, Damage upgrade, etc.). The lateral movements are also fun, because you're forced to choose which upgrades best suit your play-style (Creature Core Mechanic).
+ Raw potential of the game - As it stands, the game is very, very good. But if they add DLC? Option to play Fury, option to play Death, additional arenas, additional enemies? This game would easily be a 10/10 because there would be an overwhelming amount of content. This is the kind of game I wouldn't mind paying DLC for - it has earned the right to ask for more money because it is a good game in the first place. I hope the devs make lots of money from this game, because I am excited for DLC or better, DS:G 2.
- Trash-tier story - Darksiders has always had atrociously bad stories. A five year old could tell a better action-fantasy story using action figures. Our protagonists are as one-note as ever. The plot is either kill this guy or fetch this MacGuffin (and my god is the Darksiders saga FULL OF MACGUFFINS. Strife is the first character to show even an iota of emotion other than anger, and even then, as a character he is as deep as a puddle. Additionally, for some reason the story seems committed to going BACKWARD in time. Chronologically it goes DS:G, DS:3/DS:2, and finally DS:1. And the thing is we're not really learning anything interesting in this quest to tell a backwards story. To be honest, the last time the Darksiders story got me excited was when in DS1, at the end, War says "No. Not alone.", and we see the 3 other horsemen coming to his aid. That was epic and exciting. That's a story that people could get excited about. Anyway, yeah. You will play Genesis for the extremely fun gameplay - not to know the story.
- Bugs - Sometimes enemies get stuck in stuff. Sometimes you get stuck in stuff.
- Camera issues - it seems deliberate that enemies obstructed from view are not highlighted like you are. Very very questionable decision. It hurts gameplay. I hope they address this.
- Top-down view slightly hurts immersion and gives a bad first impression - When I first saw Genesis was top-down, I IMMEDIATELY wrote it off and thought I wasn't gonna play it, especially since Darksiders 3 left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm glad I was wrong, and I'm glad this game is great. But yeah. Don't dismiss it cause of the top-down view - what the game loses in immersion it makes up for in clean gameplay.
In an age where game companies are extremely duplicitous and are just out to nickel-and-dime everyone whenever and wherever possible, Darksiders Genesis is a refreshing light in the dark, showing us that there are still honest and good game dev companies out there. Play this game - you won't regret it.… Expand
Dec 8, 2019Darksiders Genesis
Just a little too much
Darksiders Genesis as the name hints at is a prequel to the darksiders series.. the story ofDarksiders Genesis
Just a little too much
Darksiders Genesis as the name hints at is a prequel to the darksiders series.. the story of before hell was released on earth and can be played either solo or with a friend..
Here you play as 2 of the four horseman, strife and the returning war from the original darksiders…
Right off the bat youll notice this isn’t your typical darksiders game.. this is a top down hack and slash game with light puzzle elements thrown in… hopefully we will still get a solo strife game bcause in genesis he shares the spotlight with war, and by the games end I feel as though war ends up stealing this spotlight…
Her in darksiders genesis you essentially go forward sometimes on horseback, most of the time on foot to take down enemies, throw switches and make your way to the end of a level to take down its boss and move on… it’s the same hook for all 13 hours of this games run time…
Strife and War both play different and their difference in abilities and upgrades ads a layer of planning, strategy, and approach to the world and battles…
I was initially inlove with this game… searching every crack and crevis for its secrets to insure I had the most powerful horseman as possible… and I enjoyed this hook until about hour 8.. this is where I started to become a bit over the game as everything starts to feel like its just too much… as you progress the game, much like the main darksiders games youll unlock new items that can be used in combat but more importantly are used as puzzle solvers… and the abundance of puzzles, especially those that hide secrets behind them is what just drained the soul out of me… pun intended… there is just far too much puzzle solving for how long of a game this is… don’t get me wrong… Darksiders gensis is paced perfectly… puzzles, platforming and secret hunting spread out the battles.. keeping the combat fresh and fun rather thaan a nussance… this is helped by the fact that youre rewarded with souls that you can use to upgrade your characters and buy cores to plug into a bonus/boost tree.. that enemies will sometimes drop during combat as well… but there is just so much puzzle and problem solving that it discourages me from wanting to sit and polay for long hrs at a time… I started to become just mentally exhausted playing 6 hrs straight of what started to feel like chapters that drug on forever… I came to a point where I told myself 1 more chapter, sleep and finish the game for review tomorrow, because this is starting to become so unfun to me… and its not that the puzzls are challenging… its just that theres too much of it… every secret is hidden behind a puzzle rather than just really well hidden like a god of war secret for example.. a game that darksiders clearly draws inspiration from… its okay for a secret here and there to be puzzle trapped.. but every single one is just exhausting after a while… especially in a game that’s 13 hours long… in my opinion no puzzle heavy game has any business being over 10..
that aside the gameplay and combat are a blast, playing as strife with his ranged combat,switching to war and brigning in that brute force while strife heals a bit… the back and forth and weapon variety between the two characters keeps you glued to your seat, keeps you engaged as every encounter feels just the right amount of challenging, and again thanks to being rewarded, I felt the urge to start fights myself.. and that’s when you know you have a great combat system in place… when you seek the fights…
back in the hub world you can also go into arenas and battle through 10 waves to unlock different rewards, but I just feel like the rewards are far too small to be worth the effort, so sortve a throwaway feature… all in all though darksiders genesis is a refereshing jump into a world of soul gathering that’s so fun to play at times you forget that youre playing a top down hack and slash game.. you feel immersed into this world.
I give Darksiders Genesis
an 8/10… Expand
Dec 23, 2019This was fun and fascinating. I love this «Darksiders». A good adventure and a fresh point of view on the franchise.
But not technicallyThis was fun and fascinating. I love this «Darksiders». A good adventure and a fresh point of view on the franchise.
But not technically part is no very best. A lot of bugs and problems. And the bad Russian localization of text. I hope the game will be fixed.… Expand
Dec 14, 2019Mediocre Diablo knock off. That was my first thought having played 30 minutes of this game. There's a lack of polish. You seem unable toMediocre Diablo knock off. That was my first thought having played 30 minutes of this game. There's a lack of polish. You seem unable to manually adjust the camera angles which annoyingly auto adjusts in a way that often makes things harder not easier. Its not a small shortcoming when you are asked to climb walls, jump and pull levers, fly and more.
Which is my second area of criticism. These game components are handled badly, its hard to do what should be straight forward tasks. Often you feel like this game is a keyboard and mouse killer as you have to mash and pound keys to get things done. Its imprecise and luck plays a big part.
Additionally why is it when your character is obscured you get a blue outline but not one of the characters he's fighting?
Its these shortcomings that rob this game of appeal and slow its pace, which is a real failing in what should be a fast paced scrolling D&D style game.
On the upside the action is reasonable. Its has the right feel and the sets are nice. The banter between the two characters is good, as is the general story. Sound track is decent too.
That said this one feels lackluster and I'm having a hard time getting into it. I guess I'm simply used to better.
In short OK but not great. My advice as they tell you when the game starts get a game pad to plug into your PC or laptop. I think this would improve game play and will save your keyboard and mouse.… Expand
- (0 views)