7.7

1. Jan 23, 2020
    Beware, most of the good user reviews of this game here and on Steam have nothing to do with the game itself but rather about some Steam vs. Epic fanboyism and if you read them you can clearly see that, I wish I knew that before.
    The game is really short (about 1 hour), which is not usually a bad thing when the game is good but in this case there's nothing really special that justifies that.
  2. Apr 26, 2020
    Sometimes all you need is a really good story. Darq has no story, and there can be no greater shortcoming for an Adventure game! Maybe the game has a psychological theme, but you don't have enough time to uncover it because it lasts only 1-2 hours (even 15-20 minute DLC can't save the situation). The graphics and the level designs are admirable, the sounds are OK, the puzzles are mostlySometimes all you need is a really good story. Darq has no story, and there can be no greater shortcoming for an Adventure game! Maybe the game has a psychological theme, but you don't have enough time to uncover it because it lasts only 1-2 hours (even 15-20 minute DLC can't save the situation). The graphics and the level designs are admirable, the sounds are OK, the puzzles are mostly ordinary. But as I've said at the beginning, above all, Darq has not a memorable, unique story to tell. So, it's just a good looking but easily forgettable game. Expand
  3. Aug 15, 2019
    I always wondered why the game took so long to produce. Now I know. Its simplicity is its biggest strength, with a healthy hint of surrealism. Absolute masterpiece

Put your tinfoil fat for the ending people, it will make you speculate like crazy
  4. Aug 20, 2019
    No to greed, Yes to promises kept.
    This game is not the type I normally purchase, but any developer that has the honor and courage to stand up to a company like Epic “Fail” and keeps their promise deserves my business. The game is well thought out and has a very interesting way of getting you hooked. It is a small game that takes very limited in time to solve.
    I am hoping the next game
    No to greed, Yes to promises kept.
    I am hoping the next game the developer makes is a bit longer and hope that they keep avoiding doing exclusive deals with Epic “Fail”.
  5. Aug 27, 2019
    Best indie game in years. I absolutely love the artstyle of it - which is always very important for me in indie games. The puzzles are very fun to solve and environment manipulation and how it is done it's not something I've experienced before - so this feels very refreshing and original. It's quite simple yet clever game and I enjoyed it a lot.
    Downsides - well it wasn't much for me, but
    Downsides - well it wasn't much for me, but for others it may be to short for the asked price. However, there is promise of a free dlc, which will add more levels.

Solid 9/10 (a 9, because I haven't rated any game a 10 yet).
  6. Aug 23, 2019
    Great Game, simple and fun. Just the kind of game you can pop out of your laptop while on the train.

Props for Devs for being honorable and not succumbing to greed. Wish you the best of luck for your future endeavours.
  7. Sep 6, 2019
    cool little puzzle game with beautiful art style and some unnerving situations, wish it was longer - quality stuff.
  8. Jul 24, 2020
    First of all, I respect the creator for keeping promise on selling his game in steam instead of making it into an epic game exclusive. Thank You :D

Secondly, for an indie game, it is worth my money and time to play the game. If you like something very psychological game like Little Nightmare and Limbo then this is a good game for you. I know the game is 3 hour long but worth the price you purchase. For their first game, this is considered quite polished and fun to play.

Furthermore, the creator even decided to give free DLC as an appreciation for the support for the game. Thank you!

Mixed or average reviews - based on 8 Critic Reviews

Charming and twisted, DARQ is a fantastic and immersive experience that doesn’t overstay its welcome.
  2. Sep 16, 2019
    DARQ’s rich atmosphere and clever central gameplay mechanic should overshadow any misgivings about its short length and narrative abstraction.
  3. Aug 23, 2019
    Considering that Darq is the work of –mainly- one person without prior knowledge in game development, it is nothing less than a highly commendable achievement. The dreamy aesthetic with the black and white filter is quite eye-catching and the perspective manipulation never stops to be enjoyable. If only it was just a little bit longer…