5.6

1. Sep 7, 2014
    Dead Rising 3 is another hot shot title that makes you wonder just what is happening with big developers these days. A crappy port, poor optimized, broken gameplay and all the major issues we've already experienced with most of the PC games this year.
    It's a shame companies have the guts to release and charge huge amounts of money in exchange for broken games.
    The game industry was
    The game industry was already in it's downfall and 2014 just made it clearer.
  2. Sep 13, 2014
    Pobre optimización, diversos detalles molestos (como la selección de objetos y diseño general de las misiones), hacen que Dead Rising 3, pese a tener algunas ideas interesantes, ofrezca una experiencia de regular a mala.

De la historia ya ni digo nada, es una colección de escenas absurdas y hoyos en la trama.
  3. Sep 19, 2014
    This game lags horrendously.

First, this game takes +1 minute to load (i own a i7 + ssd disk + amd), then the menu lags considerably (yes, the menu). Lowering the quality to the lowest does not help. Then i start the game and it moves about 5-15fps that is unbearable and i am not even played 5 minutes of the games. The first patch does not help. For me, this game is an ads in
    This game lags horrendously.

For me, this game is an ads in disguise that says "buy the xbox instead". :-(
  4. Sep 15, 2014
    what do you expect from a crashing game?
    its not improved as much as i expected
    buggy gameplay
    and so on
    the only thing that makes me not break this game is its 1.5 patch(update)
  5. Sep 25, 2014
    I have never had any issues running current generation games on my PC. This game does work for me, but very inconsistently, often the screen will freeze in place for minutes while on screen icons continue to move as if unaffected. Sometimes the framerate will jump up to 30 fps for a minute or two, but more often than not it seems to be running at about 5 fps. It is absolutely unplayable.I have never had any issues running current generation games on my PC. This game does work for me, but very inconsistently, often the screen will freeze in place for minutes while on screen icons continue to move as if unaffected. Sometimes the framerate will jump up to 30 fps for a minute or two, but more often than not it seems to be running at about 5 fps. It is absolutely unplayable.

This game isn't poorly optimized, it is not optimized AT ALL.

I feel like I've been robbed by both Capcom for their shoddy work, and Steam, who have made it abundantly clear that no refunds will be issued.

My only hope is that with enough customer outrage, within the next month or two this garbage will be patched up enough to make the game at least playable.

Save your money, do not fund this kind of work ethic.
  6. Sep 6, 2014
    Don't buy it from Steam, many many people can't play it, includes me. One day and no sign of patch. Thanks Capcom nice port. I really hope the capcom devs fix this complete mess.
  7. Sep 6, 2014
    !Warning!!Warning!!Warning! CONSOLE PORT !

1. 30 FPS lock limit (unless you manually user bypass which can cause crashing issues). 2. No crossfire support. 3. Mouse acceleration, makes aiming frustratingly annoying. (Built for consoles). 4. Absolutely not optimized for pc whatsoever. 5. The graphics don't even look that good to be honest. Gameplay: Annoying time limit kills most
    !Warning!!Warning!!Warning! CONSOLE PORT !

2. No crossfire support.
    4. Absolutely not optimized for pc whatsoever.
    5. The graphics don't even look that good to be honest.

Gameplay: Annoying time limit kills most of the fun, you can download a trainer to stop time which makes the game much more enjoyable. Only about 12-14 hours long, probably longer if you stop time with a trainer. Glitches, crashing issues, bugs are all common.
  8. Sep 5, 2014
    I'm running SLI 770's and an I7 4770k @4.5 and i cant run this game. At some points frames drop all the way down to 15. Was wondering what was happening and noticed that only one of my cards was being used. SLI is not supported on this game. Their are other reviewers who state that even on SLI TITANS the frames drop to below 30 at some points. If 2 Of the most Powerful GPU's in the worldI'm running SLI 770's and an I7 4770k @4.5 and i cant run this game. At some points frames drop all the way down to 15. Was wondering what was happening and noticed that only one of my cards was being used. SLI is not supported on this game. Their are other reviewers who state that even on SLI TITANS the frames drop to below 30 at some points. If 2 Of the most Powerful GPU's in the world have trouble running this game i don't know how other people are. This game should have never been released in its current state. Its a complete rip off. Expand
  9. Sep 7, 2014
    Spent $100 on 2 copies, cant play the coop I purchased these copies for. In addition the mmo I have been waiting for releases in a week. There will not be anytime to play this game anymore, THANKS CAPCOM!

Wont be purchasing a damn fkn thing from you idiots in the future.
  10. Sep 6, 2014
    I am giving this a 0/10 because it is simply unplayable. 9 times out of 10 the game will crash on startup. When it does work, You are limited to 30 FPS. Even then, it will probably crash next time it loads. The PC version of Dead Rising 3 is the absolute worst thing I have wasted my money on.
  11. Sep 9, 2014
    Fix the **** game !!! Fix the **** game !!! Fix the **** game !!! Fix the **** game !!! Fix the **** game !!! Fix the **** game !!! IT CRASHES ON LUNCH
  12. Sep 7, 2014
    The game runs fine on my rig (4770K @ 4.4Ghz, 780Ti, 8GB RAM) even at 2560x1440. With the 30fps cap removed it sticks at 60fps for most of the time, only dipping when there are masses of zombies on the screen. If your rig is struggling, then keep the 30fps cap in place (which will half the drain on both your CPU and GPU) and reduce the render to below your native resolution.

I've got it

I've got it maxed out at 1440p and it still looks old. The release on XBox One must have looked very dated.

With that out of the way.......I'm not really one for these kind of games; once I've had a laugh at the crazy weapons, and gruesome (second) deaths dealt out by said weapons, I'm overwhelmed by the repetitive grind of it all.

It's fun, but only in short bursts.
  13. Sep 9, 2014
    This has got to be one of the poorest console ports next to GTA 4 that i have ever seen, i have dual 770's in SLI and i cant believe i cant even run the game at a steady 60 fps or higher, I had to lower the resolution to 720p just to be able to play at a solid 60fps!!!, what the hell? and i wonder why did i spend over 2500K on my gaming PC for anyways? Well i[m glad i got a refund forThis has got to be one of the poorest console ports next to GTA 4 that i have ever seen, i have dual 770's in SLI and i cant believe i cant even run the game at a steady 60 fps or higher, I had to lower the resolution to 720p just to be able to play at a solid 60fps!!!, what the hell? and i wonder why did i spend over 2500K on my gaming PC for anyways? Well i[m glad i got a refund for this absurd crap of a game, Its a slap to the face to PC gamers especially when the game is locked at 30fps. All i can say is that i hope CAPCOM tanks or gets bought out by another company because their developers are getting lazier and lazier. Expand
  14. Sep 8, 2014
    I've got a pretty new, cool laptop:

MSI 3K edition i7 4700MQ Intel HD 4600 Nvidia GTX 780M 4 gig GDDR 5 RAM 16 gigs RAM 356-ish RAM SSD + 1 Tera HD Needless to say, I tried all available options but the game crashes on loading-screen. It actually DID pass loading just one time yesterday, but then it crashed some 5 minutes later. Switching to Intel HD works, but fps reaches an
    I've got a pretty new, cool laptop:

MSI 3K edition
    i7 4700MQ
    Intel HD 4600
    Nvidia GTX 780M 4 gig GDDR 5 RAM
    16 gigs RAM
    356-ish RAM SSD + 1 Tera HD

Switching to Intel HD works, but fps reaches an absolute rock-bottom godawful performance, not even worth playing I'm afraid.

The GTX 780M is capable of playing my giant library of games really well, even outperforming my PlayStation 4 with Watch_dogs, so I know I'm battle ready for this game.... please fix it, okay? :D

Furthermore: I did hook up my Wacom Cinqtiq with HDMI cable and it DID switch automatically to GPU only, but it crashes just as hard...

So again, please fix! I was pretty stoked playing this game, but right about now all I got for my money is 48 minutes of absolute loading-terror...

Lastly: saying ''While laptop graphics fall outside of the minimum spec requirements and aren’t officially supported'', doesn't help, because you're effectively dissing all gamers with MSI's, Alienware's and ASUS ROG laptops, who pay a pretty hefty fee so they can game anywhere they want! :D Just wanted to let you know that :)
  15. Sep 5, 2014
    This is the first game in the series that I played, and unfortunately it bored me quickly. Carnage is great but it needs something more to hold it together (like some kind of not dreadful story or characters), otherwise it gets old fast. After about the 5,000th zombie that I ran over, I caught myself getting distracted by the TV. Not a good sign. As for performance, this is the mostThis is the first game in the series that I played, and unfortunately it bored me quickly. Carnage is great but it needs something more to hold it together (like some kind of not dreadful story or characters), otherwise it gets old fast. After about the 5,000th zombie that I ran over, I caught myself getting distracted by the TV. Not a good sign. As for performance, this is the most demanding game I've installed on my PC. I suppose you could get 30 fps on a fairly good system if you tone it down a bit, but if you max it and unlock the framerate you're most likely gonna have a problem. On my 4790K, 16 GB Ram and a 780 Ti, the framerate was inconsistent. It fluctuated constantly between 50 and 70, although it usually stayed above 60. That's fine, but the game does not look anywhere near as good as it should for it to drop to 50 on a 2500$ system. It's a marginal improvement on something like Just Cause 2, and that game runs at 4 times the framerate. So, in conclusion, if you have a good PC, and if mowing through thousands of zombies for dozens of hours is enough to keep your attention, I recommend this game. Otherwise, I suggest you wait for some patches and a sale. Expand
  16. Sep 7, 2014
    Игра не работает на ПК. Всегда удивляюсь как можно брать деньги за игру, которая нифига не настроена. Ждем патч че
  17. Sep 8, 2014
    Poor console port, controls and menus were not adjusted to accommodate a mouse. Voice acting and plot are downright horrible. Don't think twice before skipping all cutscenes because none of them are worth watching. At least killing the zombies is fun, and the city was well-made.

For people having issues with framerate, for some reason that is impossibile to understand, Capcom added a system to cap your framerate to 30fps. And guess what? It will consume your system specs to do so. To solve this problem, open your game folder (the folder where the game's executable .exe is stored, usually is at C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommon), create a text file, write on it “gmpcr_unlock_frame_rate = True” (no quotes), save, and rename your .txt file as user.ini (make sure you save the file as .ini), and it's done. No more stupid framerate cap, and will improve the usage of system resources. I have an i3 2100, 8gb ram ddr3, and a GTX750ti, and I can run this game with almost everything maxed out at 45fps.
  18. Sep 16, 2014
    From what I've been able to play so far without the game constantly crashing on me, it's a rehashed, reskinned package of trash.

Reused sound assets and animations from DR2, terrible engine with no optimization, buggy physics, constant frame drops on a machine that exceeds the recommended specs, uninspired art style covered by a chrome filter, forgettable story/characters, whiny protagonist and terrible boss fights.

Capcom's QA team honestly believes this game is in a fully functional state because it ran fine on 2 test machines. If you're going to port to PC, either do it right or don't do it at all.

PS: You can keep your future timed exclusive trash on the console it belongs.
  19. Sep 11, 2014
    The most important thing to know RIGHT NOW, is that this is most definitely a PC-port and it runs HORRIFICALLY because Capcom didn't even ATTEMPT to optimize it.

- While the performance, frame drops, crashes, and inconsistent framerate, by the second, are HUGE problems, you also have to note that the game is LOCKED at 30FPS (unless you manually go through the directory files - which then, usually ends in MORE crashes and issues than before). So yeah, 30 frames, as if this was still CURRENTLY running on a console. You might even learn to appreciate the moments when you are playing at 30 frames, because you'd be lucky to reach THAT goal (for more than 10-30 seconds), as just about every visual aspect of the game will kick you down into the 20's (if you're lucky), even if it's a less demanding area (few-no zombies on-screen).
    - I'm running a GTX 770, i5-4670k putting out 3.8ghz, 16gb DDR3 RAM, and a unfragmented and clean 2TB HDD with more than 25% free. So, by all means, my rig should be shredding this game like a stuffed animal, yet it still feels totally inconsistent.
    - Let me also note, that a PC-Gaming source, running SLI TITAN video cards, said that even he couldn't maintain a 30fps framerate, let alone 60fps if the game is unlocked. That doesn't mean this game is just super technical and demanding... That means the game is straight up BROKEN at the moment. Myself and double Titan-bro are using the same graphical settings, yet we both get the SAME weak framerate.
    -The game itself seems extremely fun, creative, and compelling in most departments, so I definitely recommend playing the game... Just DO NOT play this Port until the game has been patched a few times and fresh drivers, made specifically because of this hog, are released.
    -I encourage you to let Capcom know how you feel about this kind of thing, on their forums, because if you just don't buy the game, and say nothing, those greedy rats will probably just see the low sales' projections and decide to move on, rather than fix the game. We need to hammer the point home, that they only sold as many copies as they have, because of loyalty (brand or IP), and our trust that our money might bring us an actual product. If their sales are low, it is almost completely their fault. Word of mouth spread, that the port is a Category 5 Catastrophe, thus, many people are holding off.

Potential Customers - Don't forget about this game! When it works it's VERY enjoyable, but wait and/or insist that the developers fix the mess that they have willingly sold, as a "finished" product.

CAPCOM - Please fix your game. If you do not, you may never have the support of many PC gamers ever again.

Have a nice day!(?)
  20. Sep 6, 2014
    No optimization at all was made on this port.
    It runs like absolute crap.
    For me personally it jumps from 30 to 15 fps about every second which creates an insane amount of stuttering rendering it completely unplayable.
    Even on absolute lowest settings it's just barely playable.
  21. Sep 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I dont understand why this game is so underrated of course it has its problems but overall is very fun to play.
    + Plays very smoothly on my i7
    + graphics are simple but good
    + Gameplay is not very precise but it has a lot of variety
    + Clothes customization are fun to watch on the cut scenes
    +lots of weapons
    + story its good

- Driving through the entire map can be tiring
    - Movement could be more precise
  22. Sep 7, 2014
    Like its predecessor, Dead Rising 3 has a lot of the common mistakes of an unpolished game. A poor storyline, bad dialogue, stupid A.I. and a truly horrific combat experience are among the worst qualities of this action zombie game.

The zombies, though numerous and scary looking, are buggy, glitching through walls, like in the previous title– mind you I played Dead Rising 2 in the upcoming days of the release of this game, and it was still a buggy, unfinished mess. But surely this time it will be different!

Having the ability to craft weapons everywhere seems well placed in a game such as Dead Rising, and is definitely a step in the right direction. No need to complicate the game any further, mashing buttons is hard enough as is. It is too bad, however, that when you find a blueprint, there are always matching items for the recipe right next to you. In fact, it seems that most every weapon that you find is near another weapon that you can combine with it! Awesome, right? No - it takes away the very experience of the craft weapons, making them as mundane as if you were to simply pick up a regular one. But I guess that you do get half a cutscene to watch, every time you craft a weapon. And there is a new attribute system. Neat!

Yes, surely Capcom cares about delivering a good product to us, the consumers. This cannot be yet another example of unoriginal, unpolished, uninteresting undead action garbage. Did someone say day-one DLC? More DLCS to come? We should all purchase this game and its coming extra material; we should have even pre-purchased it, despite pirates having access to it days before us. It’s not like we have anything better to spend our money on, right?

TLDR:

Dead Rising 3 is not worth buying, just like Dead Rising 2 was never worth buying. Do not let yourselves be convinced by expensive trailers and paid off reviewers – this game is, I am sorry to say, just another example of overhyped trash.
  23. Sep 5, 2014
    a pretty decent game. if you were a fan of the early games in the series, this one is more of the same: more whacky combos and ridiculous hordes to gratuitously gank. the game is a little bit more polished than DR2 but at the same time, unless you are running a beast of a pc, expect frame-rate and v-sync issues.

game-wise, DR3, is fun and incorporates many RPG-elements incorporated into

game-wise, DR3, is fun and incorporates many RPG-elements incorporated into its levelling up and attributes system (although, there really isn't any need to 'focus' or make a 'build' per se as your character will eventually get enough points to max just about everything).

the 'time-limit' feature of game play which received such mixed reviews in DR2 is also back. for those who didnt play DR2, this means that you have a set amount of (in game) time to complete the game. while it adds a certain measure of immersion to the game (as some events are obviously of the 'time is of the essence' variety), it also detracts from the whole open-world exploration concept (which DR3 achieves a bit better than DR2). for some like me who like to spend excessive time exploring the game world and just indulge in mindless ganking, it does take away from the enjoyment somewhat.

the big disappointment was that the developers did not add in a feature to toggle the 'time-limit' game play (as they hinted that they might). that said, the time limit feature may in some instances promote multiple playthroughs (of certain chapters if not the game). it is possibly why in single player mode, you are allowed to restart the game at any point and retain all levels, attributes and recipes.

i have not yet tried the multiplayer game play and thus have not commented on it. although i can imagine that if you find a good partner/friend to play with, this game can be good co-op fun.

tl;dr - a solid game for fans of the series and good chance for those who have never played a DR game to get into the franchise.
  24. Sep 18, 2014
    For all the negativity I had heard about the port quality, I was pleasantly surprised when it turned out quite playable on my sub-minimum sys req computer - Intel core 2 duo 3ghz, 4gb ram, GTX660. I played from start to finish with only 1 crash (a driver crash, though I'm not using the suggested nvidia drivers). My one gripe is that the aiming and inventory will occasionally flicker offFor all the negativity I had heard about the port quality, I was pleasantly surprised when it turned out quite playable on my sub-minimum sys req computer - Intel core 2 duo 3ghz, 4gb ram, GTX660. I played from start to finish with only 1 crash (a driver crash, though I'm not using the suggested nvidia drivers). My one gripe is that the aiming and inventory will occasionally flicker off and on when held down, which can make aiming and weapon combining near impossible at times. As for the game, i found it very enjoyable having quite liked Dead Rising 2 (once I enabled a trainer to slow the timer, something I didn't feel necessary to do in DR3). The main character starts out a bit of a wimp, but he slowly grows into the role of the hero by the end of the game.. Expand
  25. Sep 6, 2014
    Dead Rising 3 may be considered an 'excellent' game on Xbox One but PC games have a much higher expectations and this title sits just above average. There are much better titles out there for a lot less money.

The game is fun no doubt but the action can be extremely repetitive and shallow. The narrative is extremely weak and the characters are pretty uninspiring. Battling hoards of zombies in an arcade-fashion can seem mildly satisfying particularly with the customisable and rather daft weapons but this eventually becomes a chore. With no story-driven backdrop to engross you; it just gets a bit tiresome and tedious very quickly to justify a price of £40.

Credit to Capcom though; they have fixed early issues with the game very quickly and the game does run impressively considering the waves of action happening on-screen. There just isn't enough here sadly to justify the price and against some of the other titles available on Steam.
  26. Sep 6, 2014
    I ain't gonna front, I didn't think this game was going to be all that good, but running the game at 60fps max's out @ 1440p this game looks awesome and gameplay is damn sweet. Killing zombies with a variety of weapons is just fun. Story line is good to, only issue is how short the game is but I'm cool with that, much longer and it would have seemed to be dragged out. Good fun!
  27. Sep 7, 2014
    Dreadful game. If you played any of the previous Dead Rising games then you haven't missed anything in this game. Same old concept with somewhat better graphics which are quite demanding for a PC. For those who aren't familiar with Dead Rising, in this game the main objective is to mow down as many zombies as you can. If you can do this hours on end, this game might be for you. If you'reDreadful game. If you played any of the previous Dead Rising games then you haven't missed anything in this game. Same old concept with somewhat better graphics which are quite demanding for a PC. For those who aren't familiar with Dead Rising, in this game the main objective is to mow down as many zombies as you can. If you can do this hours on end, this game might be for you. If you're looking for something like an action/rpg zombie with an actual story such as Dead Island, look elsewhere. Expand
  28. Sep 8, 2014
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!! It is a lousy port. I couldn't even get pass the start up loading screen because my laptop has an integrated graphics card and a NVIDIA card. And there is currently no feasible way to get it running. Wasted.
  29. Sep 21, 2014
    A absolute shocking port of a great game, A blatant money grab from Capcom and doesnt have the features they showed of on the Twitch live streams.

Such a shame as the xbone version is a really great game, Yet again, Pc owners get treated like second class citizens.
  30. Sep 12, 2014
    Graphics arent bad, performance is descent on my haswell @ 4ghz and gf 670, gameplay is fluid, 35-60 fps , cutscenes can go below 30 fps tho but it`s not a big problem - who cares how many fps you get in cutscenes? :D I Didnt experience any bugs. When it comes to gameplay it got boring really soon, even before I killed 2000 zombies so maybe 2 hours into the game, maybe I will give thisGraphics arent bad, performance is descent on my haswell @ 4ghz and gf 670, gameplay is fluid, 35-60 fps , cutscenes can go below 30 fps tho but it`s not a big problem - who cares how many fps you get in cutscenes? :D I Didnt experience any bugs. When it comes to gameplay it got boring really soon, even before I killed 2000 zombies so maybe 2 hours into the game, maybe I will give this game some more time but tbh I enjoyed low-budget state of decay so much more and probably I will just wait for some better games to release instad of wasting time on this... Expand
  31. Sep 5, 2014
    Pretty much more of the same from Capcom on this one. The first 2 Dead Rising games were fun for a while and this one is too. There are more than enough zombies to take on, however there are times where you feel the same as your character when you turn a corner to find way too many of them in your way, to the point it feels like a chore. If you like your games gory and full of lots ofPretty much more of the same from Capcom on this one. The first 2 Dead Rising games were fun for a while and this one is too. There are more than enough zombies to take on, however there are times where you feel the same as your character when you turn a corner to find way too many of them in your way, to the point it feels like a chore. If you like your games gory and full of lots of blood and guts then this will be right up your street - if not, then it's fun in short sittings but could become tiresome. Expand
  32. Sep 5, 2014
    The game play is what you come to expect from Dead Rising franchise. Quick and heavy melee strikes, throwing objects and the guns are pretty fun when/if you find them.
    The graphics are not bad for a PC port, unfortunately consoles are going to continue to drive the bar down when it comes to gameplay, but I have to say that the developers gave really good key bind options and customization for PC players.
    I dont mind the 30 FPS but some people may. I think the graphics matured from DR2 to DR3 meaning the Zombies are not so silly this time around and the sense of them actually being dangerous is very present as I play.
    The leveling system is flushed out and provides a solid reason to keep playing.
    I have no tried the 4 DLC missions so far but I think this is a solid purchase if you like Zombies and/or Progression mechanics.
    The timed events of Dead Rising series is always a turn-off and that is why it did not get an 8. It loses a port for not taking advantage of PC platform and loses a combined total of 3 points for simplicity over quality approach.
  33. Sep 6, 2014
    Per la prima volta nella storia dei videogiochi Capcom, in questo Dead Rising 3 per PC c'è anche l'audio in lingua italiana! Ed è fatto benissimo, i dialoghi sono perfetti. E a questo va dato grande riconoscimento alla Capcom, perché il gioco è molto godibile con parlato in italiano, mentre i giochi Capcom sono da sempre stati solo in inglese con sottotitoli in italiano e questo facevaPer la prima volta nella storia dei videogiochi Capcom, in questo Dead Rising 3 per PC c'è anche l'audio in lingua italiana! Ed è fatto benissimo, i dialoghi sono perfetti. E a questo va dato grande riconoscimento alla Capcom, perché il gioco è molto godibile con parlato in italiano, mentre i giochi Capcom sono da sempre stati solo in inglese con sottotitoli in italiano e questo faceva perdere loro molto fascino. Per il resto posso dire che questa conversione è molto riuscita. Non date retta a chi dice che il gioco è fermo a 30 fps, non è affatto vero. Io ho uno schermo a 120hz e dal menu delle opzioni grafiche di Dead Rising 3 riesco a scegliere tranquillamente 1920x1080x120Hz. e il gioco è fluidissimo. Graficamente ci sono alcune cose fatte molto bene: ad esempio i personaggi principali e gli zombie, gli effetti di luce, e anche l'ambiente circostante. Si avvicina molto come qualità all'ottima grafica di Watch Dogs, ed è senz'altro il miglior gioco Capcom uscito finora dal punto di vista grafico. Questo non significa che graficamente è perfetto, ha i suoi difetti e alcune cose hanno un dettaglio non molto alto però nel complesso il lavoro fatto è ottimo e l'impressione è davvero quella di un gioco next-gen graficamente. Per quanto riguarda la giocabilità è divertentissimo, con vari modi di combinare oggetti e armi e crearne di altri, vari modi di uccidere gli zombie, la possibilità di guidare veicoli e l'enorme ambiente di gioco. E' un pò ripetitivo come gioco, perché alla fine devi solo splattare zombie, ma c'è anche un pò di suspence e di panico qua e là mentre si prosegue. In conclusione, io credo che l'8 è meritatissimo per questo gioco. Davvero un lavoro ben fatto questa volta Capcom. E' ripeto ancora, il fatto di avere anche i dialoghi in italiano questa volta dà un valore in più al gioco e lo rende molto più coinvolgente e curato. Expand
  34. Sep 5, 2014
    If you like dead island and Saint Row then you will love this game. I can spend hours just killing zombies and exploring the city. The controls are simple and do not need to have a control you can play well with mouse and keyboard. The graphics are pretty good and can be modified with a lots of options. I love being able to create weapons and rescue survivors.The story is nice, and theIf you like dead island and Saint Row then you will love this game. I can spend hours just killing zombies and exploring the city. The controls are simple and do not need to have a control you can play well with mouse and keyboard. The graphics are pretty good and can be modified with a lots of options. I love being able to create weapons and rescue survivors.The story is nice, and the bosses and events are lots of fun. I have not tried the cooperative but i will try it later. Definitely I can't stop playing. If you love zombies you have to buy this game.
    Recommended 100 percent.
  35. Sep 12, 2014
    So, the game doesnt support more than 30 FPS, which is unacceptable for me, but since i'm a year older and my friends know that I LOVE videogames I have Dead Rising 3 on Steam! YAAAAAY! Can't be that bad right?
    . WRONG!! Game crashes every 10 minutes or so. I cant hear the voices of any character, my resolution isnt even supported (it's a normal 16:10 resolution) and the fps actually
    WRONG!! Game crashes every 10 minutes or so. I cant hear the voices of any character, my resolution isnt even supported (it's a normal 16:10 resolution) and the fps actually drop below 30 FPS whenever it feels like (I have WAY more specs than recommended). The game is blurry even with everithing maxed out and since I cant play it for more than 10 minutes without it crashing (fairly common problem as stated by dozens of post in the forums) I cant even tell anything about the story. Gameplay is ok, except for some clunky fighting mechanics (specially when you try to do a hard hit but end up stomping the floor because both are the same button) and HORRIBLE mouse acceleration that makes navigating (Pathetic FOV contributes too) and specially aiming authentic chores.

So, another cash grab from capcom, another 0 in my list.
  36. Sep 11, 2014
    If you have the 'right' computer (which seems like a lotto draw) It's a great way to play the game. If you are one of the unlucky ones with card compatibility issues, or if you're trying to play this on a laptop- you're bound for disappointment. As bothersome as that is.. I managed to have little to no issue myself, luckily. That being said DR3 is a welcome addition to the series. ManyIf you have the 'right' computer (which seems like a lotto draw) It's a great way to play the game. If you are one of the unlucky ones with card compatibility issues, or if you're trying to play this on a laptop- you're bound for disappointment. As bothersome as that is.. I managed to have little to no issue myself, luckily. That being said DR3 is a welcome addition to the series. Many many more zombies, a vast free-roaming area with interesting venues to explore. A majority of buildings are open and explorable as well, and the city is diverse with interesting sites galore. Crafting can be done on-the-fly, which will surely save you from time to time. If you were a fan of either of the first two games you'll find yourself pleased to see things have gotten even better. Expand
  37. Sep 27, 2014
    I played this game for a few hours, it had alot of potential, a big world, alot of weapons, cars, NPC, alot ot see, explore and alot of action. Actualy a bit too much action, which is why I never managed to complete it. Not that its hard, but its annoying, every stel you make thers 100 Zombies around you, you cannot drive, you cannot explore, you cant do **** without 100 zombies on yourI played this game for a few hours, it had alot of potential, a big world, alot of weapons, cars, NPC, alot ot see, explore and alot of action. Actualy a bit too much action, which is why I never managed to complete it. Not that its hard, but its annoying, every stel you make thers 100 Zombies around you, you cannot drive, you cannot explore, you cant do **** without 100 zombies on your ass all the frikkin time. I loved killing them, I loved slaughtering them but dammit, give me a break, this is no fun. Expand
  38. Sep 8, 2014
    Must buy if you like zombie games.
    Don't try to run this on a potatoe, buy a computer.
    780 TI/ i4770/ 32 gb ram and fine steady 60 fps here.

Steam forums are a joke.
  39. Sep 6, 2014
    This game is fantastic, way better than Dead Rising 2, Not had one problem with the game so far, running a 2700k, 16gb ram and a gtx 770 2gb and its flawless unless you do the 60fps unlock trick and it will become unstable, but thats the reason why they locked it at 30. Seriously if you liked the previous 2 games this wont disappoint at all. If your an elite pc nerd where everything has toThis game is fantastic, way better than Dead Rising 2, Not had one problem with the game so far, running a 2700k, 16gb ram and a gtx 770 2gb and its flawless unless you do the 60fps unlock trick and it will become unstable, but thats the reason why they locked it at 30. Seriously if you liked the previous 2 games this wont disappoint at all. If your an elite pc nerd where everything has to run at 120fps. dont bother and dont bother posting negative reviews because its not representative of the great gameplay and you know before you buy it what the script is.

It has a few graphical glitches but it doesnt affect gameplay. All in all Great game and worth the money
  40. Sep 11, 2014
    Contrary to some critics, I encountered no bugs along the way, that would stop me from having a blast mowing zombies down by the thousands. Plenty of weapons, combinations, vehicles and laugh-out-loud moments to satisfy all every-day zombie killers.
  41. Sep 10, 2014
    Excellent fun chaotic and ultra violent zombie killing fest. Finished it in 20 hrs on PC doing all the "named" side missions, not all the random challenge/PP trial stuff. 20,000 dead zombies lie behind me, and it was fun while it lasted. Not a great challenge. But worth the experience of creating a devastating range of crazy combo weapons. Yes the kills look amazing, and the controls areExcellent fun chaotic and ultra violent zombie killing fest. Finished it in 20 hrs on PC doing all the "named" side missions, not all the random challenge/PP trial stuff. 20,000 dead zombies lie behind me, and it was fun while it lasted. Not a great challenge. But worth the experience of creating a devastating range of crazy combo weapons. Yes the kills look amazing, and the controls are good enough if you plug in a 360 controller, but the overall experience wasn't that compelling, and it's basically more of the same compared to Dead Rising 2, but just a lot less challenging, and therefore it feels too easy and not as scary. I guess you'd call Dead Rising 3 the entree, and Dead Rising 2 is your main course. Perhaps Nightmare mode/Speed Run challenge will fix things, but Normal is definitely a tad easy. None of the psychos killed me, and I think I died twice in the whole game. One death was when showing the game off to a mate to show off the awesome combo vehicles and driving around on the Rollerhawg (or whatever it's called) with half a bar of HP and forgetting that zombies can attack you on motorbikes. Game ran fine with .ini FPS unlocked on 4770K, 770GTX. Expand
  42. Sep 27, 2014
    I feel sorry for all the Nvidia/Intel fanboys. The game runs with perfect 60 fps all maxed out on my AMD FX-8350 and r9 280x, I also have 24GB ram, but I don't think RAM matters much anyway, I use my computer for video encoding and Sony Vegas, so that's why I have so much ram. All the whiners have Nvidia cards and intel processors. Well. Remember what Nvidia did with Watch Dogs, now youI feel sorry for all the Nvidia/Intel fanboys. The game runs with perfect 60 fps all maxed out on my AMD FX-8350 and r9 280x, I also have 24GB ram, but I don't think RAM matters much anyway, I use my computer for video encoding and Sony Vegas, so that's why I have so much ram. All the whiners have Nvidia cards and intel processors. Well. Remember what Nvidia did with Watch Dogs, now you know how it feels buddies, enjoy the lag on your mighty Nvidia cards, not so mighty after all. Expand
  43. Sep 7, 2014
    I'm updating my review: my PCI-E slot failed -- coincidence? maybe. Either way, now that my hardware is back up, i'm increasing my rating of the game. I'm now not experiencing any crashes like other people are claiming. Other than the really big framerate dips at times, the core of the game is essentially pretty good and a heck of a lot of fun, but that is more a tribute to the gameI'm updating my review: my PCI-E slot failed -- coincidence? maybe. Either way, now that my hardware is back up, i'm increasing my rating of the game. I'm now not experiencing any crashes like other people are claiming. Other than the really big framerate dips at times, the core of the game is essentially pretty good and a heck of a lot of fun, but that is more a tribute to the game itself, and not specifically the PC port. Expand
  44. Sep 5, 2014
    Amazing game, so far played coop with a friend for 5 hours straight, its sooo much fun, just like older DR games but with aaalot more weapons, graphics are really nice and controls are fine, could be better, but game itself worth 10/10, dont remember such good zombie game.
  45. Sep 11, 2014
    I love Zombie smashing. That one Dead rising 3 got right. It's a lot of fun for the first 20 or so hours when you do the campaign. I even took an hour or so to completely max my character by combo grinding.

The rest of the package is abysmal. The netcode of online play is the worst of it's kind. One out of twenty games i actually managed to join someone online without losing connection, host booting me out instantly or me getting stuck in to the "can't spawn now... please wait..." screen.

The game, is so heavy. And suffers from serious memory leaks. The loading times are unnaturally long. The performance is just outright horrible. The Survivor AI is the worst you will ever encounter. 99% of the time they are purposely getting killed or not being able to open a door of a car, while zombies are gnawing on their ass.

I enjoyed the game for 30 hours, but after that, there's really not much replay value at all, unless if you just want to collect some statues and few missing blueprints. It's great that we now have a co-op, but why the hell don't we still have an zombie slaying sandbox WITHOUT timelimits after you've finished the game. Is it too much to ask to have something that is not limited by time for a chance?

Last, but not the least. The controls even on a controller are really finicky. Sometimes i spent a minute trying to pick up something, instead picking up stuff from the ground i wanted. This was really frustrating at times.

+ Zombie slaying, so much fun, and there's more of them than you've ever seen.
    + A lot of weapons
    + Combo vehicles are fun, but get destroyed way too quick.
    + Plenty of collectables

- Everything else about the game.
    - Coding is horrible.
    - NPC AI is the worst i've seen
    - Ridicilous performance hog
    - Memory leaks
    - Really bad controls, even when using xbox controller
    - The network code... Never quite seen anything as bad as this.
    - Again, you are running against the clock constantly, which is not fun.
    - No replayability. You finish the campaign, it's adios.
    - DLC's... Meh... no co-op, no interest.

In overall the zombie slaying is so much fun that it overshadows the long list of negatives, so i'll give this game 7/10. If the zombie slaying was less fun, this game would be an 4/10 title.
  46. Sep 5, 2014
    One of the few games that holds its self up on its gameplay. I spent 2 hours on the tutorial mission, killing hordes. I've killed 10k zombies in my 3 hours of play. Need I say more?Also, I was blessed with no issues, so I feel special
  47. Sep 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This has all the potential of being a great game, just falls a little short, but still a very solid play. From the button mashing kings of Capcom comes the latest zombie slashing fun fest. (Honestly it leaves me puzzled as to why people are complaining about a port, when Capcom have always been console orientated.) This game isn't story or character driven, although it has a "keeps you interested" plot and believable in its world context. But this game is driven by a more base need; the amount of gratuitous blood and gore wrapped in a bow of fun.
    The highlights are great new ideas such as combo vehicles, being able to mod on the fly without a work bench, and no longer having to baby sit survivors as much. Three simple improvements on the previous games make this an outstanding game to play.
    The amount of fun I have had with roadhawg combo vehicle, a cross between a steam roller and motor bike, has left me with the real sensation of wind in my hair along with zombie guts. I could spend days lawn mown-ing zombies and still not get bored. This vehicle alone makes the whole game worth it, but there are many more vehicles with some great features.
    Being able to build combo weapons has become easier and makes me actively find and create these joyful monstrosities. In previous games you would get a new blueprint but then spend half your time finding the components, going to a work bench and constructing them, all within a very strict game time limit. In DR3 you find a blue print, and the components, all in the same spot and because you are now able to construct on the fly it means no more waiting. Now you can try the weapon and makes you more likely to experiment and play, which is what this game should be all about.
    In the previous games I use to hate survivors, partly because they would not survive. Often getting swarmed and forcing me to slash my way back to them. Then if you mistakenly hit them a couple of times they would turn on you, suddenly becoming immune to the horde and would follow you for miles. It became such a chore and forced me to enjoy kill them outright, or watch them be torn apart by the horde, or (call me sexist) rescue them if they were a fairly attractive female. Thankfully in DR3 the survivors are more clued in. You have two different survivor types, the ones that follow you and survivors that need help. The survivors that call for help are normally trapped by a surrounding horde of zombies which you need to clear up. After that they then run off and despawn which makes the whole survivor experience so much easier less of a hassle. Well I'd like to think I would help my fellow man when the zombie apocalypse comes, but I am not going to baby sit, unless you are an attractive female! :)
    DR3's main issue is the high GPU specs for the juicy graphics. However it's rarely worth it as sadly most of the time you are travelling too fast to notice the quality of graphics. I never liked the 7 day time limit as it only serves to get you to the end as quickly as possible and worse stops you from truly exploring the world. This is such a shame!
    Minor game issues such as garages if you go into the menu the world is not paused. Zombies can and will attack you if you're not fast enough. Though building combo vehicles and weapons on the fly does momentarily pause zombies giving you a quick breather. Survivors that join you are still annoying and still need attention, just not as much. Some explanations are vague and can leave you wondering how to do something or interact with an object. The use of the middle button is a curse as on most PC mice, this is the scroll wheel and can often scroll through your weapons at the same time. Also sometimes a weapons zoom is the right mouse click and other weapons it will be the middle button which can be annoying. Some of the combo weapons are so effective that it can make the game extremely easy at times; I personally use the shockblaster for any "Psychopaths" as it makes short work of them. But of course the challenge is making sure you have the right tool at the right time.
    Finally bugs and issues, which seem to be highly problematic, thank fully for me I experienced none of them. But yet this would be a deal breaker and I would come here with a totally different outlook, so I can understand people's frustration. Yet it seems almost unfair to judge a game when you can't or haven't played it. Still this is a developers issue which I hope they resolve and quickly.
    All in all a worthy game of purchase just wait for updates and fixes if you're unsure. But sadly it's almost as if Capcom wants you to rush your way through the game, rather than saviour its open world graphical goodness. Also you might be interested to know that the game works on HD6970 2GB, of course with settings lowered to counter stuttering.
  48. Sep 17, 2014
    Dead Rising 3 is a fun game, less sandbox and more toybox! Buy this game if you like spending countless hours on finding new and absurd ways to kill a horde of zombies or just to explore a devastated, large city.
  49. Jan 11, 2020
  50. Sep 26, 2014
    It is an open world with hundreds of zombies on screen at once, has lots of interesting crafting options, and has some funny enemies in the Psycho Missions. Yes there are some frame rate issues on the max setting, but turning down the LOD a few notches fixed that right up. My biggest complaint is the fact there is one button that serves multiple functions and targeting objects is a chore;It is an open world with hundreds of zombies on screen at once, has lots of interesting crafting options, and has some funny enemies in the Psycho Missions. Yes there are some frame rate issues on the max setting, but turning down the LOD a few notches fixed that right up. My biggest complaint is the fact there is one button that serves multiple functions and targeting objects is a chore; so sometimes I accidentally pick up the wrong object, or accidentally give a companion my weapon, when all I really wanted to do was jump in my car. Expand
  51. Oct 12, 2014
    The best of the saga, a loooot of zombies, funny missiones and nice gameplay.

And the history is not bad, better than Dead Rising 2, and I still thinking why there are some people rating it with "0" score.
  52. Oct 8, 2014
    Never have I judged a game on it's poor technical performance. This game is great, but it runs **** terribly. Nobody cares if it plays well on your expensive rig, good for you.
  53. Sep 18, 2014
    I didn't really like Dead Rising 2, but this one absorbed me totally. Perhaps it was because of the plot that I found captivating. Personally, I consider the story to be the most important part of most games (apart from racing games) and although Dead Rising 3 isn't original in story-telling it reminds me of GTA with its cut-scenes - I enjoyed them a lot. The other reason I liked the gameI didn't really like Dead Rising 2, but this one absorbed me totally. Perhaps it was because of the plot that I found captivating. Personally, I consider the story to be the most important part of most games (apart from racing games) and although Dead Rising 3 isn't original in story-telling it reminds me of GTA with its cut-scenes - I enjoyed them a lot. The other reason I liked the game was because it wasn't really scary - it was humorous - I could compare my overall feeling to the one I had watching Inglorious Bastards by Tarantino.
    Though at first I didn't like the countdown to the bomb detonation which was going to destroy the whole city I completed the game with some of the side missions 1 day before "day zero".
    If I were to change anything about the game I would alter the way you have to go around the map. Running (as there is no walking) or driving through hordes of zombies and killing them gets boring after some time (even though there are lots of tools you can use and combine to create something new). I wish there were some helicopters to fly around - especially at the end of the game, when the number of zombies are overwhelming. Roadblocks spoil the fun of driving. You have to constantly open your big map (by pressing TAB) to check how to get to the destination as there are no gps-like directions on your mini map.
    When it comes to performance I managed to play at max settings with i7 3770k, GTX 760 4GB OC and 16GB of RAM @ Full HD, but the framerate oscillated between 15 and 60fps - usually about 35fps. The reason I played at max. settings was that I didn't see much difference in performance after lowering the settings but there was a huge difference in quality of the picture.
    All in all, if it wasn't for the performance my score would have been 8/10 as there were hardly any "deal-breaking" elements that modern games are full of recently. Try it if you like GTA and zombie games, but you don't like being afraid. Two more things: the game can be saved at any time (except for bosses fights) and it doesn't support nVidia 3D Vision.
  54. Oct 7, 2014
    I'm a huge fan of the Dead Rising series. Played 1 and 2 on the Xbox, and 3 on my PC. I've seen the complaints about the quality of the port, and they are valid. My PC is quite powerful, and still had the occasional stutter.

That said, these are the only problems I found with Dead Rising 3. It's intensely fun, and the Untold Stories DLC was also great. For me, the thing I love about the Dead Rising games is the pacing. Skip the side missions and focus on the main story, and you can finish it in 5 hours. However, nothing about the side missions or collectibles seems overly drawn out or boring to me, like it does in most games. I don't feel punished for hunting down Frank statues or blueprints.

Finding the weapons that suit your play style has also been fun. The story is fine, with a few nifty twists along the way, but it's the gameplay that allows me to spend hours just killing zombies and collecting things on my way to the Left 100,004 Dead achievement. As an added bonus, there aren't BS achievements that force me to play co-op online with random people, save the lone achievement that requires me to join a co-op game. Drop in on someone, and then leave, and you're good if you're an achievement chaser like I am.

Simply put, Dead Rising never feels forced and I never feel like I'm being punished when I play it. The technical issues keep it from getting a 10, but that's the only reason. If you have a slightly-aged PC, it will probably not be a good experience for you, which is regrettable. You're missing out on a really fun game through no fault of your own.
  55. Apr 21, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The PC port nor this game isn't so good.
    1. 30FPS cap which you can remove but at the time it required higher end hardware.
    2. Too much inconsistency connecting Dead Rising 1 to Dead Rising 3.
    > Isabella is trying to clear her name originally but starts an outbreak to find a cure? Goes against what she wants.
    > The original list in the first game, that's a girl. There is no Nick Ramos.
    3. Removed the timer and made it a "Nightmare Mode". So uhh.... yeah... It felt rushed. The normal setting of all Dead Rising games turns into a "Nightmare mode".
    4. Spawn weapons from the locker. Again made the game way too easy.
    5. Level up perks aren't balanced at all
    6. Spawn survivors to help you instead of trying to save them to a safe house.
    7. The character Nick Ramos over all is a terrible choice for the Hero of Dead Rising. He's too wimpy and complains too much. He'll never be like Chuck or Frank. He ruined most of the game for me.
    8. Worst psychopaths yet. It's just the 7 Deadly Sins. Nothing creative, creepy or funny.
    9. Super Ultra Dead Rising 3' Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX + α is a better DLC than the whole game combined.
    10. Even the DLC chapters are more interesting than the main game

Overall you can just forget this game exists. Dead Rising 3 is the Resident Evil 6 of the franchise. It's not really Dead Rising.
  56. Jun 26, 2017
    Honestly, I held off on this game for the longest time until it went on a "mid-week madness" sale, due to so many negative and harsh reviews. (Though, would have honestly loved to have seen one of the extreme 70+ %-off sales!)

Now that I finally have the game, I'm not sure why there were so many harsh reviews... perhaps there's been decent patching done since to iron out a few of the hiccups. But on a slightly-aged system, albeit a six-core, this game runs pretty great on mostly high settings, some customized to be more "medium"-ish. Every once in a great while, like very rarily, there might be a subtle hiccup and that's it, while still looking breath-taking and beautiful; although, the sound tends to stutter from time to time, and can't seem to find the propper options to iron this out, even after tinkering under the hood with sound-card settings directly in the OS. I also tried each of the quality ranges (720p, etc)... granted, sure, it looks crispier on the higher settings like "full", but I just run it on 720p and the difference isn't to over the top.

There are some tiny issues I've noticed, but moreso that just go to point out that it's a console-port... such as when you alt-tab out of the game, the music keeps going and you have to turn off your speakers when multi-tasking... be nice if there was a patch or fix for this. Would also be nice to see a true sandbox mode as well (there is an "external work-around" for this, but I'd REALLY rather not have to go down that route if possible)... before buying the game, certain reviews had led me to believe that there'd be plenty of time for everything in plain "story mode", and since it seems the time-elapse is based on checkpoints in the story I believe, technically there is... but still semi-stinks to feel that there will be looming doom after a certain period of time that could blow up in your face (pun mildly intended). Also, with the size of the city, which for the record is great... all the many side quests (which are also great)... sometimes there's an itching feel of doing lots of busy-work, or having to focus on everybody else more than your own character... which is a tad ironic considering it is a zombie apocalypse after all. xD

Only real reason I could see for the over critical-nature of most reviews, is probably because Dead Rising 3 remained a Microsoft-exclusive... would really have loved to see how this game runs on a PS4 myself... but at least on PC, thank goodness for the power of Linux! ^_^

PS - Only other minor issue I can think of is how the gamepad/joystick controls are hardcoded and not changeable as far as I can tell. Used to having attack and power attack on the triggers along with the aim functionality... it's strange using face buttons for attack... of course, it is Capcom; it's like playing Street Fighter in Zombieland. xD
  57. Sep 24, 2014
    This game is fun.
    At least for some time.
    A map with full of zombies and a a lot of melee and ranged weapons to kill them sounds good at first. It plays good at first too. Problem is repetitive nature of Dead Rising 3. Yes 10 to 20 melee weapons but you have only just 2 basic action with them. Same animations over and over and over again cause abundance of weapons formula loses it's
    This game is fun.
    At least for some time.
    Problem is repetitive nature of Dead Rising 3. Yes 10 to 20 melee weapons but you have only just 2 basic action with them. Same animations over and over and over again cause abundance of weapons formula loses it's charm quickly.
    If this game had much richness when it comes to using weapons it would hit 8 in my score book.
    Graphics also doesn't offer anything special. For us who has a decent gaming PC, they are so,so, moderate, bad even some might say.
    In Conclusion this game loses it's charm pretty quickly but for sort period of time it will offer you hell of a fun. That's for sure.
  58. Aug 18, 2015
    To kill many zombie is so cool. this game is enough to buy for this point. nice open world of many many zombies. but where is going the storyline? and overall completeness is laking.
  59. Sep 27, 2014
    This isn't a bad game, I beat it once and mostly enjoyed it. Toward the end I found it infuriating to deal with a few sequences which in an otherwise easy game were questionably difficult. Overall it is playable and pretty fun, it maintains the series slightly goofy tone in an otherwise serious situation. The crafting feels slightly forced as nothing will compare to a combined weapon orThis isn't a bad game, I beat it once and mostly enjoyed it. Toward the end I found it infuriating to deal with a few sequences which in an otherwise easy game were questionably difficult. Overall it is playable and pretty fun, it maintains the series slightly goofy tone in an otherwise serious situation. The crafting feels slightly forced as nothing will compare to a combined weapon or vehicle, but it is overall a likable mechanic, as is the protagonist of the game. Expand
  60. Oct 15, 2014
    I really enjoyed this game.. so many zombies on screen at once, crazy weapons and vehicles
    but even with 780 i cant contain constant 60fps. Maybe the neewer cards will handle it better
    and the game does not support SLi
    but the gameplay is very fun, addictive and very entertaining.. story is not the best, but not bad either.
  61. Nov 12, 2014
    Horrible performance, which is laughable given the game has had plenty of time to ported properly and didn't launch alongside the original.
    Optimization is terrible and runs poorly on even very high end hardware with few graphics options available to allow you to tweak said terrible performance, although I didn't encounter too many bugs which is nice.
    This game follows the latest trend
    This game follows the latest trend of releasing poor quality ports of games that should, with comparatively moderate effort to last generation, be ported with ease. But for whatever reason, arguably financial, you end up with weak, buggy and poorly optimized releases. Given the Xbox One runs an x86 processor, AMD GPU and Direct X, it is simply cost cutting and effortless porting that leaves this game running so poorly on PC.
    What a shame as it's actually a pretty enjoyable game overall.
  62. Nov 4, 2014
    An open-world zombie action adventure game. This game has a good and fun gameplay. The story is not good at all. Graphic is not bad, but not good either.
  63. Sep 10, 2015
    Fun game, terrible port.

Gameplay is fun, fluent, agile, but has very, very bad driving mechanics. Story, is just "meh". Graphics are good and realize this: It was one of the first original games to come out to XBOne and in the Next-Gen era. Port? BAD, TERRIBLE LAG ISSUES, WEIRD 720P, 900P, 1080P OPTIONS, FPS KILLER V-SYNC, 30FPS CAP (Which is terrible for a 60hz screen owner,
    Fun game, terrible port.

Gameplay is fun, fluent, agile, but has very, very bad driving mechanics.

Story, is just "meh".

Port? BAD, TERRIBLE LAG ISSUES, WEIRD 720P, 900P, 1080P OPTIONS, FPS KILLER V-SYNC, 30FPS CAP (Which is terrible for a 60hz screen owner, like me) INSANE GLITCHES, ETC, ETC, ETC, BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Get it on XBOne(r).
  64. Apr 27, 2016
    GTAV with zombies!!! I recommend this game only if you are using the flawlesswidesccreen program with it which will fix the frame rate and field of view. Once that's out of the way it's a blast, pretty tense moments, pretty rad weapons/cars and difficult but fun boss battles
  65. Jan 19, 2017
    I fell off the Dead Rising series for a while, having played only the first one, but I picked up the third from a recent sale and was glad I did. Despite continued issues with clunky controls, especially the bizarre delay when attempting to sprint after a jump, and console-centric design sensibilities such as the 30fps framelock, Dead Rising 3 is the most convenient title in the series toI fell off the Dead Rising series for a while, having played only the first one, but I picked up the third from a recent sale and was glad I did. Despite continued issues with clunky controls, especially the bizarre delay when attempting to sprint after a jump, and console-centric design sensibilities such as the 30fps framelock, Dead Rising 3 is the most convenient title in the series to play by far, I'm willing to bet. The time limit is far more generous, you can build combo weapons anywhere and experience and collectible progress persists across multiple playthroughs and into coop games.

There's a lot to do and mess around with in Los Perdidos. Tons of weapons to use, solid vehicle controls, and collectibles to find, and of course, silly outfits. The tone of the story is far too serious for the sort of game Dead Rising is, almost like early Saints Row with zombies. The four story add-ons are included in this release but, oddly, not the "Super Turbo" DLC that added four-player coop to the console versions, limiting you to only two-player coop, and only in the main story, not in the addons. Still, its an excellent game for killing time with a friend- I found it more addicting then many games I've played in the past few years, and I had fun with it from start to finish.
  66. Aug 28, 2016
    This game has the worst optmization i have ever experienced on any pc game before i am absoloutley disgusted in "Cashcom" for this unfinished mess. I will never be recommending Capcom games to anybody in the future. My pc specifications are well above what this games requires for ultra yet still have graphical corruption and low fps in game. Very lazy developers, many years after releaseThis game has the worst optmization i have ever experienced on any pc game before i am absoloutley disgusted in "Cashcom" for this unfinished mess. I will never be recommending Capcom games to anybody in the future. My pc specifications are well above what this games requires for ultra yet still have graphical corruption and low fps in game. Very lazy developers, many years after release still not optimized pathetic. The story is poor and gameplay is no way near as good as dead rising 2 I am very dissapointed. Do not buy dead rising 4 it will be a disaster. Expand
  67. Apr 30, 2020
    Compared to Dead Rising 2, this third main entry Dead Rising title is more user friendly and packed with more content. New additions to the series like vehicles make navigating the huge map easier but though they're easy to find, as they're littered through out the map, it still feels like a chore to get from point A to point B. Traditional Dead Rising players will miss the old schoolCompared to Dead Rising 2, this third main entry Dead Rising title is more user friendly and packed with more content. New additions to the series like vehicles make navigating the huge map easier but though they're easy to find, as they're littered through out the map, it still feels like a chore to get from point A to point B. Traditional Dead Rising players will miss the old school arcade vibe of locating restrooms to save and using utility rooms to craft weapons. This drastically makes the game easier which can be a little under whelming for veterans, like myself. Hardcore fans will also miss the bright, cartoonish color palette used in previous Dead Rising games and in-your-face humor that was once part of the series identity-- as now everything is dark, gloomy and bland. Overall, the game feels catered to more casual Dead Rising players but still has a place in the hearts of old time fans. Expand
  68. Mar 17, 2017
    No. Only if it's on sale.

The game is poorly optimized. After all the patches it solved some issues and now is not broken but is not the best experience if you enjoy play games at 60FPS or without pop up texturing.
  69. Mar 19, 2017
    So I've jumped in after a while the game was out, so I didn't have to deal with all the poor optimization problems I've heard about in the first days of the game out on pc.
    With a single text line ini I've unlocked 60+ FPS mode, and the game run like a charm. I've found it quite funny, satisfying and one of the few games I've really enjoyed to play in a while, despite all poor reviews out there. Sure, the game has some technical issues ( some pop ups, slow loading times even with a ssd) and in the long run may become a bit boring ( expecially traveling with all those road blocks), but zombie killing was funny and honestly even secondary mission are nice to play, which is not so common.
    To me, expecially if you got it at around 16 € as you can see it on sales usually is really worth it.
  70. Sep 9, 2019
    esperei 5 anos para jogar esse jogo, decepção, frank west fez falta neste game
  71. Mar 6, 2020
    A fun enough time to wander around the open city and kill zombies like its a Musuo game.
  72. Mar 6, 2020
    The best zombie-killing video game ever! This game is just awesome and you can spend hours and hours playing it. I'd recommend this game to everyone in the world.
  73. Jul 1, 2020
    Dead Rising 3, no es un mal juego, pero es un Dead Rising que no está a la altura de los anteriores, eso sí. He leido comentarios de otros usuarios, y quizás el videojuego funcionase mal en 2014 o 2015, pero en 2020, cuando lo he jugado de principio a fin y a todos sus DLCs, no he tenido ningún problema y los fallos de rendimiento parecen haberse subsanado. Por eso advierto a los que estéDead Rising 3, no es un mal juego, pero es un Dead Rising que no está a la altura de los anteriores, eso sí. He leido comentarios de otros usuarios, y quizás el videojuego funcionase mal en 2014 o 2015, pero en 2020, cuando lo he jugado de principio a fin y a todos sus DLCs, no he tenido ningún problema y los fallos de rendimiento parecen haberse subsanado. Por eso advierto a los que esté pensando en jugarlo, no tengais ningún miedo de jugarlo, es un juego divertido y gamberro. El tiempo para completar la historia es un factor limitante, pero ni mucho menos tan grave como la gente afirma, da tiempo de sobra a hacer de todo, las misiones secundaras, los coleccionables, todo se puede hacer en una pasada. Recomiendo ignorar la nota (posible reviewbombing en su época) y jugarlo, ya que si éste juego te gusta los demás te encantarán. Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 44 Critic Reviews

1. Nov 26, 2014
    For extremely high-end PC gamers who don't have the console in question, this is a great chance to try out a special game. Everyone else should just stick to the original version.
  2. Nov 14, 2014
    All in all, Dead Rising 3 is a fun, open world zombie-splattering experience that is notably let down by a weak narrative, derivative boss fights and too much emphasis on using crazy weapons to obliterate scores of undead.
  3. Oct 31, 2014
    Even though it has a few annoying and erroneous elements and an uncompelling, cringeworthy story, Dead Rising 3 is still an incredibly fun game. If you're looking for something where you can turn your brain off and go ballistic- Dead Rising 3 is going to be a perfect fit for you.