7.7

1. Dec 17, 2020
    It is easily a boring and monothematic monotonous game.
    Especially for the boring loop gameplay and the slowly and repetitive animations for everything. And the plot is just disappointingly bad, like ridiculously bad written.
    And this it was a flat and forgettable experience for me.

P.s: the framerates drops and the multiple crash are unacceptable for a game porting from console today.
  2. Jul 16, 2020
    Unplayable. Multiple crash and even textures glich.
    And when you can play, there's more cutscenes than actual gameplay. Slowly animation and and only delivery quest.
    The worst gaming experience I've ever had.
  3. Jul 16, 2020
    Fatal Error occurred.
    When yesterday I've played my tenth hour with the game, the application crashed. My computer was resetted, and when I've reopened the game my save data was deleted.
    I can't understand why this happened, but goddammit I've wasted all my progress with this game!
    I think that I'm going to ask for a refund, until they resolve this delete save data issue.
  4. Jul 15, 2020
    The performance are really bad. Texture glitch, bugs, framerates drops and sometimes even crash.
    I've reset my PC two times yesterday, only just for play at least 2 hours with this.
    (and one hour of these two hours only for the cutscenes) And I've checked the performance of my PC, and it's all set with the recommended stuff. I think that they should resolve this issue soon, but it's
    (and one hour of these two hours only for the cutscenes)
    I think that they should resolve this issue soon, but it's disappointing see this kind of problems. Because in this state it hard even only open this.
  5. Jul 16, 2020
    Substantially it's a poorly designed game.
    With really big flaws this deliveryman simulator is basically a glorification of the fetch quests, the worst kind of mission for an open world game today.
    You go from point A to point B for all the time, and very often with very long and repetitive cutscenes. The writing and the gameplay they are also bad, and I've encountered even some really
    Substantially it's a poorly designed game.
    The writing and the gameplay they are also bad, and I've encountered even some really big bugs during different missions. If I can give you an advice, save your money.
  6. Jul 16, 2020
    The worst game I've played in the recent years.
    Only deliveries missions, and cringe plot cutscenes with terrible writings. Absolutely disgusting.
    Also, numerous textures glitch during the cutscenes, and framerates drops under 30fps.
    The most boring experience I've ever had.
  7. Jul 16, 2020
    Definitely a bad game. Texture with gliches in the cutscenes, bugs, monotony and repetitiveness of gameplay and plot. Certainly the worst work done by Kojima.
    I am surprised at how you can even think of making a game filled only with fetch quests.
  8. Jul 27, 2020
    I really hate it. I'm sure people will think i'm just too impatient to enjoy the game, but to me it feels like the made the graphics, then remembered it had to be a game and threw the rest together in a day. I don't mind games with detailed stories, but i've been playing for 2 hours and all i've seen is a guy running around while invisible monsters make noises.
  9. Jul 31, 2020
    Repetitive, boring trash bookended by an LSD fever dream story. I'm never buying a Kojima game again.
  10. Jul 16, 2020
    This game was created with good idea but it is really bad. I understand that Kojima tried to create something new and fresh but it went horribly wrong. Gameplay is horrible and boring but music and graphics are great. But who plays game to just look at the graphics and listen to the soundtrack. There is Spotify and artworks for that.
  11. Jul 16, 2020
    The most boring game I ever played. It's really a walking simulator but I would say it's the best walking simulator out there. Don't waste your time!
  12. Jul 27, 2020
    The game is basically a glorified walking simulator with baked on "shooter" elements. The story of the game is a sad joke. The fan theories of what the game could be about was far more interesting than the banal drivel offered in this game. Why is this character called Die Hardman? Because he...died...hard. You'll get typical Hideo Kojima try hard lines like, "I'm Fragile but not thatThe game is basically a glorified walking simulator with baked on "shooter" elements. The story of the game is a sad joke. The fan theories of what the game could be about was far more interesting than the banal drivel offered in this game. Why is this character called Die Hardman? Because he...died...hard. You'll get typical Hideo Kojima try hard lines like, "I'm Fragile but not that fragile" without the bombastic and interesting cutscenes of the Metal Gear Solid games. The entire game is an exercise in futility.

The story beats you over the head over and over again with stupid lines like, "We need to be connected" and other things that might have felt "cool" in Kojima's mind but falls flat in execution. Don't be surprised if you end up rolling your eyeballs so far inside your socket at the game's sad excuse for "twists" and "revelations". Only a fool would be unable to see where this predictable trash story is going to lead.

The gameplay is basically a walking simulator (Amazon Prime delivery simulator) set in an open, empty world with nothing to do. You walk from point A to point B. Unlike what all the idiotic shills like to say, there is no "challenge" in traversing the dumb environment. There are falling rocks that phase through you without doing any damage whatsoever. This must be the "challenge" shills were talking about. The game's online basically has roads and ziplines everywhere so it's easy to travel to and fro without. The combat in this game revolves around throwing poo and pee grenades at dumb bullet sponge enemies. Enemy AI is stupid and can be easily tricked into loops where you can annihilate them.

The music is basically licensed trash that you can listen to while trudging across America which looks a lot like Iceland than America. It is clear that Kojima spent the bulk of his money on the so called "star studded" losers from TV and film. All that money wasted, on characters you won't care for, on a game that seeks to insult your intelligence by repeating plot points and threads ad nauseum.

The PC version of the game comes with Denuvo DRM so to hell with gamers willing to pay money for this trash. It also works only on Windows 10 and won't work on GPUs and CPUs that are technically able to run this unappealing wreck of a game. The game still has numerous crashes and bugs on certain hardware setups (check the Steam forums to know the full extent of how bad this game is).

Death Stranding is quite possibly the worst game made by Hideo Kojima that fails in every aspect. It's no wonder that Sony did not offer him another deal to work with them. They've also stopped revealing sales numbers after the initial flow of articles that said the game sold 200k copies in Japan (total tally is 399k in Japan). Death Stranding was at the top of the list but quickly toppled over after a few days. To this day, Hideo Kojima insists his game is not a flop. If it is not a flop, why won't he reveal the sales numbers? Last Guardian sold around 1.4 million copies. Ghost of Tsushima sold 2.4 million copies in 3 days. Why is Kojima the only one who refuses to state how many copies his game sold? Please don't post me fake stats from Gamstat that says the game has 3 million players (there is something called Game Sharing on Playstation). Besides, Gamstat states on their website that the numbers are not official. What's the point then? Kojima insists his game is a success. I don't believe him. The game flopped big time. The Steam numbers for the game is pathetic as well.

If you want to spend your time on a quality game, kindly play something else rather than this putrid pile of garbage called Death Stranding. The game spends more time blowing its c__k than in at least trying to engage the player in any meaningful form. A stupid game, made by a narcissistic pseudo intellectual game maker who is riding on the coat tails of past successful games. That's what you'll get with Death Stranding.

13. Jul 29, 2020
    Hideo Kojima is easily one of the most self absorbed developers out there and that is really saying something, spamming his name in caps on every screenshot or video. However as living up to it,. denuvo riddled filth game that is boring and bland at best.

14. Jul 27, 2020
    Is unplayble **** Crash every 20 minute. Dont buy it for full price! If you want to play it, wait for discounts.
  15. Jul 25, 2020
    I'm gladly play Last of Us 2 for a second time rather that this "masterpiece",lol thats how they tag this type of game genre on steamstore,strand type game
  16. Aug 26, 2020
    Le doy zero por que es una mierda y basura total no vale la pena una decepcion
  17. Jul 29, 2020
    This is the weirdest game I've ever played. Unfortunately not in a good way. It's very boring but that's not the real problem. The real problem is simply how WEIRD it is. It's unrelatable on a level that is hard to describe. If the image of three gerbils riding a bottle of Mountain Dew up a mountain backwards while Jesus cheers in the background and holds up a sign that reads "FREEThis is the weirdest game I've ever played. Unfortunately not in a good way. It's very boring but that's not the real problem. The real problem is simply how WEIRD it is. It's unrelatable on a level that is hard to describe. If the image of three gerbils riding a bottle of Mountain Dew up a mountain backwards while Jesus cheers in the background and holds up a sign that reads "FREE HARAMBE!" could be a game then this is it. In short it's just too damn bizarre to take seriously on any level. It's not even strange in an "edgy" way. It's like a weird contest where every concept is trying to out-weird the rest. Not for me... Don't even get me started on the plot. Who wrote this garbage? Expand
  18. Aug 2, 2020
    Prefiero trabajar de cartero y que me paguen que jugar a esto y pagar, un poco aburrido, igual mas adelante le doy otra oportunidad pero a día de hoy me ha parecido un truño
  19. Aug 12, 2020
    Walking simulator 2020! Story telling is on par with uncle cleetus who just took his pain meds trying to tell you a story he heard from his friend's cousin's mom's dad's s great grandma's dog walker. Story is so long it could be a movie. The story would be more engaging if the whole game wasn't a marketing ploy for Monster Energy.
  20. Jul 18, 2020
    Boring gameplay and very strange story. Also the game is very slow, no action no intressting stuff happening its just BORING!
  21. Jul 24, 2020
    I rather work for Amazon delivering packages. It would be more fun than this crappy game
  22. Jul 18, 2020
    For now it's still unplayable. Cutscenes are stuttering. Game is telling you to press Down + LT + B for example, but you need to press Right + RB + A and I need to google everytime how it is on console to understand it. Also I can't go forward with vehicles, only backward (keyboard or gamepad, both with same problem). Scanner on BTs is also bugged and is not working in stealth parts andFor now it's still unplayable. Cutscenes are stuttering. Game is telling you to press Down + LT + B for example, but you need to press Right + RB + A and I need to google everytime how it is on console to understand it. Also I can't go forward with vehicles, only backward (keyboard or gamepad, both with same problem). Scanner on BTs is also bugged and is not working in stealth parts and that's connected with other problem, I can't even see BTs (i know I should see them sometimes). I waited for a patch, which should be up in day 1... I waited 3 days for first patch and it fixed nothing for me. Expand
  23. Jul 19, 2020
    Caminar y caminar en todo momento y entregar paquetes?? Que tontería es esto??
    Ah pero como es de Kojima, es una obra maestra...no inventen..
  24. Jul 22, 2020
    Juego aburrido y repetitivo. Una estafa considerable. Arriesga mucho y fracasa. El único punto positivo es el apartado gráfico, pero es insuficiente.
  25. Jul 27, 2020
    It can be an interesting game for me, but without a good port, it's close to unplayable or at least destroying my experience. Huge problems with Xbox gamepads. I can't ride in vehicles for some reason with a gamepad plugged in. I see different combinations on screen than what game actually wants to press and it's not showing Playstation layout. It's showing Xbox buttons but different thanIt can be an interesting game for me, but without a good port, it's close to unplayable or at least destroying my experience. Huge problems with Xbox gamepads. I can't ride in vehicles for some reason with a gamepad plugged in. I see different combinations on screen than what game actually wants to press and it's not showing Playstation layout. It's showing Xbox buttons but different than what game wants me to press in that moment and I needed to google what to press. Cutscenes stuttering. Game is crashing (turning down some security wall through command fixed it... wtf?). And there are more bizzare problems. I waited few days and i was pretty sure that they will fix it with some quick update and I was surprised that they don't care about it. It's already two weeks after release and there was only one small update which fixed nothing for me. From update page it looks like they care more about people sharing screenshots than playing the game without problems. I don't know how they can put a year of work into this port and then don't care about it after its release. What should people think about them? Expand
  26. Jul 15, 2020
    a walking simulator with a story that its only objective is make you drowsy
  27. Jul 15, 2020
    Very boring, the game is literally made of fetch quest.
    May be fun for people looking to dose off while playing, but definitely not for everyone.
  28. Jul 19, 2020
    Game is broken on PC. Loads into a black screen. Sony logo and Kojima productions logo flash fast then black screen.
  29. Jul 21, 2020
    Awful.
    Awful.
    After all the hype around this game I'm very disappointed now that I've finally played it. All you do is walk (or drive) around and do meaningless missions. There are so many cutscenes it is more like a movie than a game.But the biggest problem with this game is Hideo Kojima himself. He's just not very talented when it comes to story telling. You get the feeling he wants to be a film director instead of a game creator. What you get is a big mess of a story that isn't engaging at all. For a game that relies so much on it's story this is a big problem.
    If you still want to play it wait for a big discount. At full price it is not worth your money.
  30. Jul 19, 2020
    Overall, a disappointing outing from Kojima. The mechanics are slow and clunky. The gameplay is slow and frustrating. This is closer to an interactive movie than a game. I would not recommend this game to anyone... ever....zzz...
  31. Jul 31, 2020
    Your money will be a lot more worthy to spend on some bit ches with STDs than playing this shi tty game of the century,
  32. Jul 26, 2020
    Que se ve un poco mejor tio, pero sigues manejando un delivery boy. No mola para nada chavales, que flipoooo
  33. Jul 18, 2020
    Quite a solid walking simulator, totally ruined with Kojima's pretensious, ham-fisted kitcsh. You, Kojima-san, could not write your way out of a shoebox, if you are ever in doubt, come, I will give you a certificate in writing. Please, do something, ken-do, kabuki or brew tea, but something else. The "stories" you create are ridiculous, pretensious, and unpalatable. This one comes withQuite a solid walking simulator, totally ruined with Kojima's pretensious, ham-fisted kitcsh. You, Kojima-san, could not write your way out of a shoebox, if you are ever in doubt, come, I will give you a certificate in writing. Please, do something, ken-do, kabuki or brew tea, but something else. The "stories" you create are ridiculous, pretensious, and unpalatable. This one comes with heaps of hard-to-chew side of "let's reconnect America" into some sort of non-profit, Facebook like driven, post-communist utopia (everyone works like mad just for facebook likes). And as the story advances, it goes worse and worse. The obligatory "bad people made boom with bad nuclear weapons", transdimensional boo-boo, Egyptians, stuff stolen from Daniken like pyramids, coming from the dead, immaterial soul, out of body travels, pseudo-science babble (a chemical called "chiralis" (handium) that makes little hand crystals grow everywhere, in large concentrations makes dead drag you with their hands into a pool of bad, bad crude oil, leaving handprints on your body - I am not kidding).
    Characters like Diehardman and Deadman, and Heartman, and it gets worse and worse. Towns named Central Knot, Fort Konox, Warehouse west of Central Capital Knot, you will never remember where is what. Clumsy, convoluted language - "deathless freaks", "Bridges - people connecting Americans, the president is called Bridget", and it goes on and on. Pretentious, nonsensical, trihard kitsch.
    Hideo Kojima is Ed Wood of game design.
  34. Jul 17, 2020
    The game is boring, gameplay is boring, the story is boooooring and cring. Emty openworld
  35. Jul 22, 2020
    Do you like delivering packages for hours and hours to one sided boring characters??? This is the game for you. Do you like painfully long cut scenes that makes this so call game feel more like a movie??? This game is for you!!!!! What a shame Kojima new game is this dumpster fire.
  36. Jul 20, 2020
    Another garbage console to PC port failure. Honestly, the creators should design games first on PC specially. Because consoles are having handicaps to do great games. Console players are thinking they are playing very quality games.. no no most of them just cheap designed, delusional tricks. Consoles are for captivity, PC platforms are for freedom! That's a certain and known thing. PeopleAnother garbage console to PC port failure. Honestly, the creators should design games first on PC specially. Because consoles are having handicaps to do great games. Console players are thinking they are playing very quality games.. no no most of them just cheap designed, delusional tricks. Consoles are for captivity, PC platforms are for freedom! That's a certain and known thing. People should stop buying consoles. Come to the PC side and play quality games for freedom. Designers will do it after consoles trashed! Also that's why console games get more lower points on PC platforms. PC gamers don't like delusional console sh...ty games.
    I gave 2 points for Norman's sake.
  37. Jul 20, 2020
    The game is so bad and boring , every time I play it makes me sleepy , I am afraid that the game will kill somebody of its boredom
  38. Jul 22, 2020
    Don't waste your money on this horrible game. The developers should have known that the game will be bad that's why they took famous actors into this game and Kojima as the selling point. Wait for the price drop. Story is horrible and I would rather be walking outside then in this bad game.
  39. Jul 30, 2020
    можно было бы сказать что то хорошее но не буду потому что игра отвратительная и вся шумиха на протяжении нескольких лет что это что то уникальное а на деле пшик. а ну да про плаплаченое голосование и то что было до этого на метакритике тожеможно было бы сказать что то хорошее но не буду потому что игра отвратительная и вся шумиха на протяжении нескольких лет что это что то уникальное а на деле пшик. а ну да про плаплаченое голосование и то что было до этого на метакритике тоже
  40. Jul 21, 2020
    !!!Early Access Game!!!
    This port is awful, crashes, stutters, game breaking bugs, devs have nothing to say to those who encountered these problems, waste of money.
  41. Jul 17, 2020
    PC port is poor. There is no difference between PS4 and PC version.
    And Death Stranding is Walking Simulator btw.
  42. Jul 21, 2020
    DS is absolutely NOT as great, as this game should have been.
    Poor plot, boring gameplay and bottomless ocean of fake "brilliance".
    Ah, and it was ported, but, tbh, it needs some serious technical improvement.
  43. Jul 17, 2020
    Boring interactive movie walking simulator with no real gameplay. Stay away or waste your money, the choice is yours.
  44. Jul 26, 2020
    Impossible to understand what the player shoud do. Just a waste of time and money. No way to understand what is meaning of the game.
  45. Jul 18, 2020
    GAMEPLAY - 2/10
    STORY- 4/10
    GRAPHICS 5/10
    Just booring, wait for the price drop! Btw music is great in the game.
  46. Jul 19, 2020
    Why did critics give high marks to Last of Earth 2 and Death Stranding? I don't understand. What on earth are the critics' standards? It's always artistic. It's artistic. What's artistic?
  47. Jul 16, 2020
    Гениальная игра, но не идеальная цена...

Ходьба, ролик, ходьба, ходьба, мочилова, ходьба, ролик на 50 минут, конец
  48. Jul 17, 2020
    This game really it is so confuse, man why does a baby that sucks his finger is your best way to defend yourself??
  49. Jul 19, 2020
    Avoid! Walking simulator! Awful! Don’t waste your money. Pretentious rubbish. Please don’t waste your money!
  50. Jul 21, 2020
    i passed on this game on the ps4 cause it didnt look good i bought it on pc and holy crap this game is a boring walking simulator i get its something new but that doesnt justify if its good or not norman reedus is cool
  51. Jul 16, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Gameplay:it's bad besides the amazing vistas you will come across while on your journey the gameplay consists of walking forward placing some ladders and balancing yourself with the triggers.The BT sections are also boring repetitive and extremely easy with you just going around stationary enemies and occasionally having to kill an extremely boring boss that has no chance of killing you unless of course you fall asleep while playing.The only redeemable part of the gameplay are the cliff bossfights but even those are not that impressive,also the is major padding of the runtime 2/10
    ‌story:this is one of the most intriguing wolds I have ever seen in media unfortunately that potential is ruined by character that only exist to embody ideas and spout lore at you apart from the intro which was a masterpiece in storytelling it's meh 5/10
    ‌presentation:holy **** it's good 10/10
  52. Jul 15, 2020
    Exceptional experience, Great cinematic direction, complicated story, addictive gameplay, one of the greatest game in the gaming history.
  53. Jul 15, 2020
    A masterpiece with even more enhancements, ultra wide support and hard difficulty. Another Hideo Kojima classic. You do not wanna miss this.
  54. Jul 15, 2020
    Just amazing like PS4. A masterpiece.
    Just amazing like PS4. A masterpiece.
    O game mais premiado de 2019 com 80 GOTY'S, Death Stranding está acima da compreensão de muitos e a frente do nosso tempo, sem dúvidas. É difícil colocar em palavras ou definir o tamanho da obra de @hideo_kojima por conta de sua grandeza. Os mistérios que rodeavam o jogo antes de seu lançamento se mantém na gameplay, inclusive até o último instante, mas no final tudo é respondido e esclarecedor. A história é uma das mais envolventes e complexas não só desse ano, ou dessa geração, mas de todos os tempos (sendo muito bem guiada e conectada). A gameplay, dentro de sua proposta, é ótima e inovadora, diferente de tudo que já vimos e conhecemos. Problemas com jogabilidade são mínimos. É muito interessante o paralelo de estar em um mundo vazio, abandonado, entretanto ter inúmeras interações com outros players online, vendo placas de apoio, aviso, trocando likes e aproveitando construções já feitas. A imersão do jogo é um dos pontos mais fortes, se você se dispõe a entrar de cabeça na história com certeza ao finalizar ficará sem saber o que fazer. Os gráficos são provavelmente os melhores já feitos até o presente momento, tendo uma variação grande de cenários também. Death Stranding é uma obra que fica para a história. É muito mais que um estouro de vendas ou um game que busca prêmios, por mais que tenha conseguido. Death Stranding conseguiu o que Hideo Kojima queria: tocar as pessoas de uma forma maior do que um simples game. Não é para todos, de fato, mas para quem aderir a proposta, é uma das melhores experiências que um jogo já ofereceu até hoje.
  55. Jul 15, 2020
    I gave it a 9 on PS4 but the PC version is absolutely better in every way possible so I'll give it a 10
    Masterpiece! Thank you, Kojima.
  56. Jul 15, 2020
    death stranding on PC is really well optimised, it looks absolutely stunning and it runs perfectly smooth on the highest resolutions with max settings. the game is not a run and gun or spam one button repeatedly to kill everyone and win, but it's a game that requires your passion, time and patience. it's definitely a masterpiece but not for everyone. death stranding is different than alldeath stranding on PC is really well optimised, it looks absolutely stunning and it runs perfectly smooth on the highest resolutions with max settings. the game is not a run and gun or spam one button repeatedly to kill everyone and win, but it's a game that requires your passion, time and patience. it's definitely a masterpiece but not for everyone. death stranding is different than all the games out there. walking for long distances gives you the feeling that you're actually walking across the states. it wouldn't feel real and it wouldn't be immersive if you just ride a super fast vehicle and just get there in 30 seconds. I imagine a post apocalyptic world to have less to no vehicles. while the game isn't another metal gear it does in fact have that kojima vibes into it but in its own way. the game has a very special effect on you that starts kicking in the first two hours. and if you do play this don't expect a shoot'em up kill'em all and roll the credits kinda game. the story takes its time to build up and it's absolutely worth it if you're not in a rush. Expand
  57. Jul 15, 2020
    Death stranding is an amazing experience, the game introduce itself slowly and give the complete freedom in how to approach the mission at hand.
  58. Jul 15, 2020
    I've finished and platinumed this game on ps4, bought it again to support Kojumbo and because of the unlocked framerate and bonus goodies. I might be biased since im a huge Kojima fan but in all honesty i think this game was brilliant. The psychological horror, the post apo setting, this whole sense of what the f*ck is going on, that you can only find in a kojima game.

The reason why i

The reason why i dont give a perfect review is because despite everything Death stranding does great it still suffers from wonky controls, i've found myself stumbling and falling where i shouldn't be, my character sometimes walking forward without me even touching the joystick and so on. It's not perfect but apart from that the whole experience is simply magical.

Sitting with BB next to a waterfall while listening to the relaxing tracks that plays whenever you are resting, walking on long stretches of land with songs from Low Roar that was hand picked by Kojima... This game really is a spiritual journey in my opinion. If you havent played it on ps4, definitely pick it up on pc, the unlocked framerate makes it beautifully smooth. If, like me, you played and finished DS on ps4, consider waiting for a sale. Unless you're a die hard kojima fan or simply want to experience the 60+ fps. The game isnt really demanding either so you won't have a hard time running it. See you in the field, Porter.
  59. Jul 15, 2020
    Not so bad optimized, incredible story, characters and world. Graphics is a little better then on PS 4.
    Death Stranding is a unique fusion of American and Japanese culture. Somewhere it fell to 40 FPS, but it’s not critical.
  60. Jul 15, 2020
    Отличная игра, которую я прошел еще на пс 4 и выбил платину. Конечно, зайдет не всем, редкий пример нишевого ААА-проекта. Но все таки никогда еще задания в духе "подай, принеси, пошел вон" не были настолько интересны. Добавьте к этому хорошую музыку, оригинальный сэттинг, сюжет и получится отличная игра. Советую попробовать всемОтличная игра, которую я прошел еще на пс 4 и выбил платину. Конечно, зайдет не всем, редкий пример нишевого ААА-проекта. Но все таки никогда еще задания в духе "подай, принеси, пошел вон" не были настолько интересны. Добавьте к этому хорошую музыку, оригинальный сэттинг, сюжет и получится отличная игра. Советую попробовать всем
  61. Jul 15, 2020
  62. Feb 5, 2021
    Quickly has earned its place among my favourite games of all time. I admit the first area seemed very empty and boring at first, but just as I was reaching my limit the game introduces a new game mechanic, opening up existing areas in new ways. This keeps happening throughout the game, with new tools, items, vehicles, etc. given to you at just the right moment so as to never become old.Quickly has earned its place among my favourite games of all time. I admit the first area seemed very empty and boring at first, but just as I was reaching my limit the game introduces a new game mechanic, opening up existing areas in new ways. This keeps happening throughout the game, with new tools, items, vehicles, etc. given to you at just the right moment so as to never become old.
    Having said that, if you're looking for Call of Duty, this isn't it. This game is at times action-packed and fast-pasted, at times, sneaky and stealthy, but mostly it's tranquil and zen.
    If you don't need violence and action to have fun, and can enjoy simple things such as cargo management, delivery route management, keeping your battery powered up, and carefully traversing terrain so as to deliver your goods in the best shape you can, then I'd recommend this game.
    I also love how "multi-player" is integrated. You never see another player, instead you pickup and deliver the cargo they lose on their own journey, utilize the structures they built, and make use of the vehicles and items they leave behind.
    Last but not least, the story, characters, and writing are all executed masterfully. I've never had a game make me cry as much as Death Stranding. Mostly that release day trailer is what makes the tears roll.
    Truly a joy to play. One of the best games I've played in a long, long time.
  63. Dec 31, 2020
    A relaxing, terrifying, and immersive experience (not game) like no other...
  64. Nov 25, 2020
    While its graphics were outstanding and the details were well implemented, the story is lakin more moments of impact. The game have big segments in where the player is basically wandering around aimlessly, which turn it dry and sometimes boring.
  65. Dec 20, 2020
    A good Zen game. Not for every one though. Also free Updates with New Features, amazing.
  66. Dec 19, 2020
    Great game.I 'm surprised how ordinary walking was made so interesting.my favourite game. kojima did a good job making this gloomy world. the writing is absolutely perfect. gameplay is in my opinion really cool
  67. Jan 16, 2021
    This game is not for everyone and I, myself, did not like it in the beginning. With progression the game felt like a jigsaw puzzle slowly coming together until it made a bigger picture. Eventually, I fell in love with the game.

Pros: - innovative gameplay (many approaches). - Soundtrack. - Atmosphere and landscape. - The online gameplay is unique and promotes people to help each

Pros:
    - innovative gameplay (many approaches).
    - Soundtrack.
    - Atmosphere and landscape.
    - The online gameplay is unique and promotes people to help each other.
    - Overall good performance from every actor.

Cons:
    - Some dialogue felt off at times.
    - Slow start (could be big for some people).
    - Story can be hit or miss for people.

Word of advice - This is not a game you should rush through. If you want to drive a car, you will need to do so in the right conditions for example.
  68. Jan 7, 2021
    Keep in mind this game is not for everyone, and I get why a lot of people hate it, but this is easily one of the best games I've ever played. For some reason, the simplistic gameplay of walking somewhere and delivering something was very enjoyable. At some points it did reach a bit of a slog, but the story just kept bringing me back in. The story is interesting and fantastic, the sceneryKeep in mind this game is not for everyone, and I get why a lot of people hate it, but this is easily one of the best games I've ever played. For some reason, the simplistic gameplay of walking somewhere and delivering something was very enjoyable. At some points it did reach a bit of a slog, but the story just kept bringing me back in. The story is interesting and fantastic, the scenery is gorgeous, and for me the gameplay can actually be really fun. Expand
  69. Jan 7, 2021
    Terminei a história em uma semana (34 horas de jogo), não rushei as principais todas, porem a maioria eu fiz de uma vez, amei o jogo, praticamente perfeito em história e graficamente, gameplay achei boa até, menos com carros e motos e cansativo quando está nas montanhas de neve. Mas vale a pena completamente pela experiência de um jogo diferente que sai daquele mesmice total q são aTerminei a história em uma semana (34 horas de jogo), não rushei as principais todas, porem a maioria eu fiz de uma vez, amei o jogo, praticamente perfeito em história e graficamente, gameplay achei boa até, menos com carros e motos e cansativo quando está nas montanhas de neve. Mas vale a pena completamente pela experiência de um jogo diferente que sai daquele mesmice total q são a maioria dos jogos.

sistema de LIKE e construção é nota 10 (imersão com outros jogadores/parte online)
  70. Jan 12, 2021
    Great game!
    Редко какой фильм сможет похвастаться такими хитросплетениями и сюжетом! Ничего от неё не ждал, но в итоге оказался в восторге!
  71. Jan 14, 2021
    This game is very good if you had stressful day. It's so fu... relaxing. I will give 10/10 if developer will a portable music player :D
  72. Jan 28, 2021
    ı loved this game. the world that kojima created is really interesting and makes you curious. cutscenes are amazing as well. only thing is gameplay is not meant for everyone. ı liked it, ı really felt like ı am sam porter bridges ı felt like a part of that universe. All things considered ı think this game is a very unique experience that everyone should try.
  73. Feb 2, 2021
    In this game you'll complete the same tipe of missions for the majority of time, however this is done in a maner that doesn't get boring. Even though i understand why other would not like this, i think that everyone has to admit that this game is gorgeous and super atmospheric. Almost every mechanic introduced is original . The game sets out to be something and it achieves it. I loved it
  74. Mar 11, 2021
    The plot is brilliant, thanks to Kojima. The gameplay is as diverse as possible, many features have been invented in order to keep the player in the game. Liked. Now for the negative aspects. I didn’t like that half of the game we go to the “last problem”, every time they say “this is the last thing left”, no “this is definitely the last”, half of the game. Well, return through allThe plot is brilliant, thanks to Kojima. The gameplay is as diverse as possible, many features have been invented in order to keep the player in the game. Liked. Now for the negative aspects. I didn’t like that half of the game we go to the “last problem”, every time they say “this is the last thing left”, no “this is definitely the last”, half of the game. Well, return through all the locations on foot. This has already bothered in the end. Expand
  75. Mar 12, 2021
    It is one of those experiences that you only have the opportunity to live from time to time and very rarely in the video game industry. I didn't know who Kojima was. Now I know it and I celebrate its existence.
  76. Mar 12, 2021
    ELMAS zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  77. Jan 25, 2021
    I was blown away with the first hour of the game. It was crazy. Levelled out a bit after that but I still enjoyed the rest of my time. One of the final fights was a letdown, for some strange reason they focused on a rather terrible mechanic: throwing.

Date Completed: 2021-01-16 Playtime: 39h Enjoyment: 8/10 Recommendation: It's weird and pretty fun. At least if you ignore a lot of

Date Completed: 2021-01-16
    Playtime: 39h
    Enjoyment: 8/10
    Recommendation: It's weird and pretty fun. At least if you ignore a lot of the deliveries, those can get tiring fast.
  78. Mar 27, 2021
    This game is art. Deep and touching story, philosophy and symbolism, innovative original gameplay mechanics and beautiful songs.
  79. Dec 18, 2020
    96% positive review on Steam and someone review bombing just for a Cyberpunk 2077 collaboration. You must be Harvard graduate i guess. Blame this website too to letting these ignorant people to do this.
  80. Dec 27, 2020
    Best game of year for me. Interesting. Character's so good. Vest new ip. Waiting next gamr from this studio.
  81. Mar 9, 2021
    Death stranding was something amazing for me... I know there are many people who didn't enjoy it all, and in a way, i can understand them. Death stranding is not the ordinary game you would expect to play. To be honest, if you take it from a gameay perspective, you would find really poor. However, it is the story, the atmosphere, the environment that make it a masterpiece... And the musicDeath stranding was something amazing for me... I know there are many people who didn't enjoy it all, and in a way, i can understand them. Death stranding is not the ordinary game you would expect to play. To be honest, if you take it from a gameay perspective, you would find really poor. However, it is the story, the atmosphere, the environment that make it a masterpiece... And the music is just amazing... I remember there were times when during a peaceful moment that a song kicks in and made me want to cry while i was enjoying the scenery. So, even if the gameplay is not something spectacular, it is the intriguing story that makes you want to complete that game! Expand
  82. Feb 19, 2021
    I am an expert gamer and I have played 68 games All the games I have played has rich story and amazing gameplay but this game was something different It had many new ideas and it was innovative
    I really liked it and I think it was a masterpiece Its on my top five list
    - great story - interesting and fun game play - very real movements - great quality - great directing - very good
    I really liked it and I think it was a masterpiece Its on my top five list
    - great story
    - interesting and fun game play
    - very real movements
    - great quality
    - great directing
    - very good music
    it was not a simulator at all it was far better than many games but i think it is not for every one because you need to be patient and brilliant to understand the true nature of the game
  83. Dec 30, 2020
    Это лучшее, во что я когда-либо играл. Взрослая, эмоциональная игра. Это просто ШЕДЕВР. 10 из 10, и я занижаю оценки тем играм, каким ставил 10 до Death Stranding. Так как, на данный момент, я могу поставить 10 баллов только этой игре.
  84. Nov 26, 2020
    While the story is good with its interesting lore, the gameplay just does not hold up. Way too boring, slow, and I don't enjoy walking as gameplay.
  85. Feb 23, 2021
    Açık dünyası ve hikayesi çok başarılı. Efsane bir oyun

Its open world and story are very successful. A legendary game
  86. Mar 21, 2021
    Creo que muchos se equivocan a la hora de criticar este "juego", porque justamente no le interesa ser un juego, ni una película, Death Stranding quiere situarse en el medio para que eso no te importe. Es una experiencia que si, quiere divertirte, pero también frustrarte, exigirte mas, sacarte de tu zona de confort y recompensarte a cambio.
    Si bien al principio parece que solo es ir de
    Si bien al principio parece que solo es ir de punto A a punto B, no pasara mucho para que empiecen a aparecer dificultades en el camino, y a medida que avanzas te darán un sin fin de herramientas para poder superarlas, es tanto que el post podría tratarse solo de eso, cerca del final puedes saltar 10 metros, tienes todas las armas del Call of Duty, corta cordones, Exoesqueletos, motos, camiones, etc. Si bien no profundiza mucho en cada aspecto, cumple, pero lo mejor de la jugabilidad sin duda es caminar, el simple hecho de moverte con Sam es lo mejor del juego, y ahí donde mas se nota el verdadero enfoque del mismo.
    A pesar de que mucha gente dice que el juego esta muy vacío, y por eso cuenta con gráficas alucinantes, la verdad es que kojima nos ha dado las herramientas para rellenarlo, carreteras, tirolesas, puentes, generadores, buzones, habitaciones, etc.
    Death Stranding tiene una banda sonora Increíble, de la mejores que he escuchado.
    "Once, There Was an Explosion" tiene una un diseño sonoro y composición alucinantes,
    Secuencias como "Alone We Have No Future" o "The Face of Our New Hope" están increíblemente logradas, "A Final Waltz" es de mi canciones de jefes favoritos, y "BB's Theme" es una obra maestra, es tan fuerte en todos los aspectos que sea ha convertido en mi canción favorita de todos los tiempos, no tengo mas que aplausos para Ludvig Forsell.

Por diversos motivos nunca había experimentado ningún juego de kojima, una vez le di una oportunidad a Metal Gear V, pero era mucha acción, y no entendía nada de lo que ocurría, simplemente lo deje pensando que Kojima no era para mi, pero luego de Death Stranding estaré esperando con ansias sus próximos Titulos, es un director con un estilo único, tanto así que en 20 años jugando nunca había probado algo igual.
  87. Jun 7, 2021
    One of the greatest stories ever. Ignore the 'walking simulator' critics and experience the journey this game offers. Another masterpiece by Hideo Kojima
  88. Dec 17, 2020
    The walking simulator 2020, the game is way too boring, got a refund instantly. Disappointed that Kojima could not fulfill this time.
  89. Dec 17, 2020
    If you love wasting your money and having your patience tested by what is possibly the most boring piece of garbage ever created, then look no further, death stranding is the game for you.

And if you're not a masochist, stay as far away from this as possible. I would strongly advise against buying this game even if it's on sale for $0.99
  90. Nov 9, 2020
    How much crap can one Kojima game be? All of it! The movement gameplay is horrible, characters are boring, the story is some weird mix of disney-emo-scifi and some classical manga elements. And that mix doesnt work for a single second. A basic game mechanic is giving and receiving likes, like on facebook. And there its already annoying, now imagine how annoying this is in a game. Also, theHow much crap can one Kojima game be? All of it! The movement gameplay is horrible, characters are boring, the story is some weird mix of disney-emo-scifi and some classical manga elements. And that mix doesnt work for a single second. A basic game mechanic is giving and receiving likes, like on facebook. And there its already annoying, now imagine how annoying this is in a game. Also, the main character doesnt clearly give a fook about the story, yet hes the only one driving it. All other main characters do absolutely nothing, except for calling you ALL the time about stuff they thought of YOU could do for them. Additonaly, this game is not much more than a walking simulator with clouds of emo trying to kill you - whilst listening to horrible whiney-emo music. And whilst Kojima might get a wet panty from working with hollywood actors, they add absolutely nothing to the game. In its best moments its boring, but mostly annoying. And the dialogues are full cringe mode. Its Need For Speed level of cringe. Yes, its that bad. Have you ever thought about rearranging the stuff you carry while you fought a boss? No? Well, why not? Oh, because its bullsh**, right. And that is what this game is. Expand
  91. Nov 6, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Oh boi where do I even begin ?

this ain't even a game but a culmination of crap design choihes mashed together.

- tedious and boring gameplay, even a real work as mailman is more exciting.

- motorcycle is often times useless and feels arcadey because its getting stuck on every goddamn rock there is in existence, and yeah boi theres only rocks.

- boring and lifeless open world filled with anything but rocks

- non existent meaningless crap plot

- way too many too long meaningless cutscenes

- results prompts that can't be skipped once and for all.

- for every **** thing theres a mini cutscene that sometimes can't even be skipped !

Taking a **** ?
    cutscene

Taking a shower ?
    cutscene

confirmed delivery ?

unskippable cutscene in yo face where he takes off his **** chain for the 9000th **** time. Why ? because Hideo Kojima

- NPC if you even can call them so have always to say the same crap, while Sam says nothing.

You're Sam Bridges, right ?.
    I expected you.
    The package was excellent.

for real shut the **** up already.

- BT are annoying and in no way challenging

this crap movie is 40h long but has maybe 8h at most. of interesting content, artificial inflation of the game lenght is palpable.

93 % positive reviews on steam are you **** kidding me ?

easily the worst game I played in the last 5 years.

Hideo Kojima failed **** hard and should pay me instead to play his trash and the fanboys on steam are desperate.

im glad I didn't spend any money on this crapshot.
  92. Aug 8, 2020
    I think the controversy surrounding this “game” is a matter of semantics. It is, in fact, not a video game but rather a 30 hour long movie with about 10 hours of game play interspersed. If you like Sci-Fi flicks then grab the popcorn and settle in for a marathon of a film which will occasionally (very infrequently) ask you to move the mouse or controller. During the last 5 hours or soI think the controversy surrounding this “game” is a matter of semantics. It is, in fact, not a video game but rather a 30 hour long movie with about 10 hours of game play interspersed. If you like Sci-Fi flicks then grab the popcorn and settle in for a marathon of a film which will occasionally (very infrequently) ask you to move the mouse or controller. During the last 5 hours or so you will not even have to do that. All in all, not a bad movie but could have been condensed down to about 2 hours. How would I review the game? I can’t, it’s not a game. Expand
  93. Dec 17, 2020
    Great game. Dont understand why some many poor minded poeple making this bomb review, it just dosent make sense. I think user review just finished for many years. Its just stupid. We dont need user reviews any more.
  94. Dec 17, 2020
    So much idiots here. Go away and give feedback in emails to CDPR and on their social media...
  95. Dec 22, 2020
    one of the best games ive ever played and its the most beautiful game ive ever seen and i know lots of people hates the game because of the gameplay but i always like to try something diffrente and the story is amazing and so the soundtrack and the acting is a oscar worthy
  96. Feb 8, 2021
    I originally passed on this game after seeing a bit of gameplay and some early reviews it just didn't seem like something I would enjoy also not having the time to play such a long game, what a mistake I made I picked it up on pc and have been glued to my seat since, such an amazing game, great music, great gameplay and the cutscenes really drag you into the story, even my wife couldn'tI originally passed on this game after seeing a bit of gameplay and some early reviews it just didn't seem like something I would enjoy also not having the time to play such a long game, what a mistake I made I picked it up on pc and have been glued to my seat since, such an amazing game, great music, great gameplay and the cutscenes really drag you into the story, even my wife couldn't stop watching and then desperately waiting for the next one to get the next chunk of the story. This game has easily pushed its way into my top 5 games of all time and that's with over 25 years of gaming history. Thank you Hideo Kojima for this masterpiece you have created I just hope he makes more games of this calibre. Expand
  97. Dec 7, 2020
    Naprawdę słaba gierka . Nudna i bardzo wolno rozkręcająca się. Fabuła absurdalnie słaba bez logiki jaką stara się gra tworzyć.
  98. Dec 18, 2020
    ALL players who give tihs game less than 5 after cyberpunk, you are the worst type off gamers, shame on you little sh***
  99. Dec 17, 2020
    Dobra gra z bardzo ciekawą fabułą i piękną grafiką. Dziękuję za nią. Block this russian bots reviwes 0...

Generally favorable reviews - based on 54 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Oct 15, 2020
    I approached Death Stranding twice. I spent a couple of hours with the PS4 edition and was fascinated with it. I kinda wish I stopped at that and let the game remain a mystery to me rather than complete it later on PC and be disappointed. There are moments when Death Stranding eludes the traditional 1-10 rating system. There are moments when it sets new standards and becomes a truly special experience. But those are just moments scattered throughout tedious gameplay. Still, it is in my opinion one of those games you simply need to play. [10/2020, p.44]
  2. Sep 20, 2020
    Death Stranding is asking you to find variety in a daily rut, cooperation possibilities for a character who has fear of contact, scientific explanations in clear-cut mysticism. Today, you’re annoyed that the story doesn’t move forward, and you have to trek into the same ghost-infested area as before, but tomorrow you’ll gladly spend a few hours hauling resources for a new highway and feeling good about it. This source of joy is very weird and defies explanation.
  3. Sep 5, 2020
    Death Stranding on PC is the best way to experience this journey. Game is much more than a walking Sim, it mixes and matches a ton of brilliant new ideas and game mechanics. It is bursting with atmosphere, and the overall quality of the production and presentation is fantastic. Other than minor issues and some non-consistent storytelling, Death Stranding shows us that boundaries can be moved in the today gaming world.