- Summary: Deus Ex: The Fall is set in 2027– a golden era for science, technology and human augmentation, but also a time of great social divide and global conspiracy. Powerful corporations have seized control from governments and command the drug supply needed by augmented humans to survive.
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Deus Ex: The Fall - Teaser Trailer
Mar 21, 2014Image of our imminent future is now on PC. The Fall could have been a much better game with just a little bit of push, but right now, it's just an opportunity to PC gamers to experience the iOS version. It's not a bad game, it's just below the expectations.
May 14, 2014During it's four hours, Deus Ex: The Fall, presents a watered down, effectively castrated version of all the elements that made Human Revolution a true modern gaming classic. It may look like Deus Ex in a few strategically taken screenshots, but the actual experience is anything but. You will keep playing, desperately hoping for the glimpses of genius that are alluded to as part of the regular franchise, but real PC gamers should stay well away from this cheap cash-in that only tarnishes the reputation of one of the most sterling franchises in gaming.
Apr 15, 2014There’s just no reason to play Deus Ex: The Fall, even for big-time Deus Ex and Deus Ex: Human Revolution fans. You can get the same experience out of reading a Wiki entry online. Better yet, if you must play the game, grab it on a mobile device, where it will actually work.
Aug 13, 2014Well game is a great addition to the series. and be aware it is a port of a mobile game. but has cool scenarios and ambient music. i loved it,Well game is a great addition to the series. and be aware it is a port of a mobile game. but has cool scenarios and ambient music. i loved it, played on android and bought it for PC no regrets.… Expand
Nov 15, 2014This isn't that bad of a game as some recent greenlits are, but still its length and quality asks for a sale. The music is great but the storyThis isn't that bad of a game as some recent greenlits are, but still its length and quality asks for a sale. The music is great but the story is a bit shallow. Enemies are a bit annoying if you go on the stealth route because if they detect you even for a single frame as you shoot at them from cover, the alarm is raised instantly. Game settings are limited and apparenty doesn't support my monitor's native resolution so I had to play it in window. Graphics is limited but at least not demanding. In conclusion, it provides some fun for a couple of hours.… Expand
Nov 9, 2019Knew this was supposed to be a poor mobile port from reviews, but woah :D Played for completionist reasons, thankfully wasn't too long (lessKnew this was supposed to be a poor mobile port from reviews, but woah :D Played for completionist reasons, thankfully wasn't too long (less than 7h, having covered every square cm).
tl;dr: 100% skippable, unless you're a true completionist with spare 5-7h
- the things that were directly copied from DX:HR (part of soundtrack, some design elements, augmentation system)
- infinite backpack capacity (or rather no such thing, just inventory/store are one thing and you can hold any amount of crap and buy things at any time, not that it's particularly immersive)
- bearable story & quests
- some care with world design
- can remap keys :-D (lots of complaints in reviews about the lack of that option, I guess they patched it...)
- 2002 graphics, literally :D
- even at lowest mouse sensitivity setting had to bring sensitivity down to 800dpi (3000dpi normally), which meant that I needed an area of roughly 50x50cm for menus... Thankfully I have a dpi button on the mouse, so every time I esced, went into inventory, hacking, or any other game menu, I had to switch dpi and then switch it back in-game. Not sure if anyone actually started the port on PC before releasing it.
- extremely clunky movement mechanics (no sprinting or jumping, the least realistic falling I've experienced since... maybe ever)
- extremely clunky world and character design
- horrid dialogues and voice acting
- no creative content that would go beyond DX:HR in terms of lore
- horrid stealth and combat mechanics
- virtually no interaction with npcs outside of dialogues
- ridiculously easy regardless of gameplay style, and no difficulty setting… Expand
Mar 19, 2014Deus Ex: The FaIl (with a big I in the title) is probably the worst PC port Ive ever seen. The graphical options consist of AA and V-Sync,Deus Ex: The FaIl (with a big I in the title) is probably the worst PC port Ive ever seen. The graphical options consist of AA and V-Sync, which is perhaps fine because the game looks like CRAP anyway. There is completely NO difference between iOS and PC version. It looks bad even for an iPad game. And you might call me a console peasant so Im not a graphics whore. The animation is also terrible and almost every piece of it was scrapped from Human Revolution, so the walking here seems worse than it was in Doom. The combat is filled with so many dumbed down mechanics of Human Revolution and those that werent dumbed down dont bloody work! You now have the revolutionary option to buy items at any place, making exploration basically meaningless. The user interface seems unchanged to the touch screen counter parts and is a horror to navigate through. The mouse controls in the game are almost worse than if you would play on the touch screen. Maybe the controller would work better but I havent tried that. This game is a piece of horse**** and completely ruins the reputation of Square Enix and all other companies involved in this PC port atrocity. Shame on you, Square.… Expand
Apr 29, 2014I want to like this game because I like the Deus Ex story, but Deus Ex: The Fall is riddled with bugs. I don't even care about the ugly NPCI want to like this game because I like the Deus Ex story, but Deus Ex: The Fall is riddled with bugs. I don't even care about the ugly NPC models or cheesy voice acting! I would be happy if the game didn't teleport me when I climbed ladders or jumped over objects. Do yourself a favor and just read the story bits on the net. I don't typically have technical issues with PC games and I'm fairly confident in my ability to operate a computer and resolve technical issues, but Deus Ex: The Fall is blatantly broken and, as I write this, the game has been on Steam for almost 1.5 months and no updates have been made to the game.
Really want this game? Buy it super cheap and save often. Don't save when you're stuck in a wall; reloading doesn't fix that. Set your sound device to stereo to fix the audio problems.… Expand
Mar 18, 2014I won't be the last to say Deus Ex: The Fail. This is the worst thing that I have ever spent money on and I even once bought a kick in theI won't be the last to say Deus Ex: The Fail. This is the worst thing that I have ever spent money on and I even once bought a kick in the balls. I realised something was up when I couldn't redefine keys and I'm ending there as expending any further energy on this 'game' would be too painful… Expand