- Publisher: Deep Silver
- Release Date: Nov 6, 2020
- Also On: PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Stadia, Xbox One, Xbox Series X
- Critic score
- By date
LEVEL (Czech Republic)Apr 12, 2021Dirt 5 is a dead end. Its driving model is unnecessarily simple and career is reprehensibly austere and boring. On the other hand, famous series’ weather is absolutely thrilling, which sets the atmospheric standard for all future racing games. [Issue#310]
Nov 30, 2020Dirt 5 can afford to be vain, because it’s the kind of game you play because you think the levels are pretty. And you’re not wrong. They’re very pretty. But it’s not the game you play if you want to play a racing game. It’s barely the kind of game you play if you want to play a driving game. It’s the kind of game you play if you just want to move through pretty levels, which is something lots of videogames do these days. So Dirt 5 at least has that going for it.
Awards & Rankings
Generally unfavorable reviews- based on 77 Ratings
User score distribution:
Positive: 16 out of 77
Mixed: 25 out of 77
Negative: 36 out of 77
Nov 8, 2020A very disappointing game. No steering wheel support, no VR support, lacking challenge for people that have played all the other Dirt games,A very disappointing game. No steering wheel support, no VR support, lacking challenge for people that have played all the other Dirt games, and to top it all off, the performance on PC is god awful. I really don't understand why the critics don't consider these things when writing reviews, but they have pretty much ruined this game. The main things about this game that really piss me off is that this was obviously designed to bring in new gamers, with no consideration for the community that helped make them as a company, and on top of that they made a bunch of different versions of the game to sell as many copies as possible instead thinking about the quality of the PC version. This is typical, publicly traded corporation behavior that usually spells the beginning of the end for a beloved franchise, and so ultimately, at the end of the day, if this game sells a bunch of console copies, then us, as a PC community can go **** ourselves.… Full Review »
Nov 8, 2020* Crashes to desktop every 1-4 races.
* Performance issues and lag spikes (50-65) fps even on a RTX 3090. Compare this to Forza Horizon 4* Crashes to desktop every 1-4 races.
* Performance issues and lag spikes (50-65) fps even on a RTX 3090. Compare this to Forza Horizon 4 which is visually the same (if not better), but runs at 100+ fps in 4k at Ultra/Extreme settings.
* Visual glitches like light/shadow flickering.
* Track variaty is severly lacking. You're basically playing the same few tracks with different variations (reverse, night/day, weather conditions) throughout the whole career.
* Car variaty is severly lacking. You're basically driving the same few cars from start to finish.
* Arcade physics have been taken too far and is a joke. In Gymhkana, they seemingly turned off friction, and in Path Finder they turned off gravity.
* Career mode is the lasiest one I've seen in a racing game. There are just so many bland repetitive events.
* The AI is a joke. They are trains on rails and seemingly unaware of your presence on the track. They are also cheating. even though they have the same car as you, or even cars with a lower performance rating, they can somehow rocket past you.
The game completely lacks soul. It's a very bland and forgettable experience. After completing the final career event I uninstalled it and will never touch it again. Don't waste your money on this. Play Forza Horizon 3/4 instead.… Full Review »
Nov 11, 2020Refunded. Terrible driving model (without steering wheel support) + all cars feel the same, terrible from technical side (demanding and looksRefunded. Terrible driving model (without steering wheel support) + all cars feel the same, terrible from technical side (demanding and looks bad to average), no car setup, shallow career AND with core game crying for patches, you can already buy an expensive season pass. Try it if you get it for free or if you really MUST, then wait until it's at least -75%, isn't nearly worth the price or "Dirt" name.… Full Review »