4.4

1. Oct 24, 2021
    The game is really awful. It has nothing in common with the past parts. Even all the world design has been thrown into the trash can. I hope this game will be the last one for the developers and they won't be cramming the world with their masterpieces again.
  2. Oct 28, 2021
    Horrible execution, idiotic decisions from Frima and Kalypso.
    This abomination is not Disciples, it's an overpriced mobile grindfest.
    I hope it fails and goes down in flames.

Game wanted to subvert our expectations yet it failed miserably.
    No feedback from developer during production, ignoring suggestions from fans.
    Kalypso intentionally murdered this game.
  3. Oct 28, 2021
    Although this game is a million times better than the third installment in the series which was an utter failure back in the day, it is still not what the fans wanted.Kalypso cannot understand it seems that the player base wants a modernized disciples 2 game.

The lore is changed, the dwarves are not in the game and are now with the elves?!??!?!, the hero is a woman but the problem is that the game tries hard to show strong independent women for some reason, must be an american thing. The art is gone, the setting tries to be grimdark but the voice overs make it silly, you cant evolve units, the terrain stays teh same etc etc.

Good effort but honestly if you want to succeed you should stay as close to the roots as possible and branch from there.

unit evolution is missing, terrain change is missing, new races are missing, DO NOT CHANGE LORE, fixed main character why????

Missed opportunity, because this time kalypso chose a good company in frima but cant comprehend what makes the franchise good.

TIP FOR KALYPSO next time ask the player base what they want, did you not learn from the failure of the third game anything?
  4. Oct 28, 2021
    Units have repeatable 3D models. The unit design is disgusting and contradicts all past games combined. Compaionios are just the same as common units but with another heads. The plot contradicts all the past lore and crosses out. Moreover, the game about followers without gods contradicts its own name. The dialogue system does not affect anything, there are always two choices, at bestUnits have repeatable 3D models. The unit design is disgusting and contradicts all past games combined. Compaionios are just the same as common units but with another heads. The plot contradicts all the past lore and crosses out. Moreover, the game about followers without gods contradicts its own name. The dialogue system does not affect anything, there are always two choices, at best three. The RPG component is very simplified. Inappropriate humor and constant debauchery contradict the atmosphere of dark fantasy Expand
  5. Oct 28, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Это не Disciples. Это не пошаговая стратегия. Это не тёмное фентези. И оказывается, что и богов тоже нет. Это рпг с пошаговыми боями. Больше всего похоже на Kings Bounty. С атмосферой Diablo. Точнее дешманского клона для телефона. Тут нет и грамма от духа Приверженцев. А есть убого нарисованные, дешёвые модельки, которые не соответствуют юнитам из предыдущих частей. Юниты всех фракций можно купить в одной столице. Лор полностью уничтожен. Пошаговые битвы в духе третьей(не самой лучшей) части. Я надеюсь, что эта поделка провалится. Kalypso закроется и кто-нибудь, когда-нибудь выкупит права и сделает настоящее продолжение - Disciples IV. Expand
  6. Oct 28, 2021
    This is not disciples 2. i dont know why the legions of the damned are portrayed as guys in leathers frequenting the blue oyster club.

all women in this game are not straight and this is supposed to be a grimdark game or maybe a new larry game? who knows

we expected disciples 2 instead we get this. amazing how in the era of the internet companies dont listen to fans
  7. Nov 3, 2021
    It's not Disciples. Making a completely random game and giving it a famous name to make money is disgusting.
  8. Oct 28, 2021
    Visual. Extremely poor visuals having nothing to do with the previous parts of the series. Non-unique and uninteresting models copying for some reason mobile games' models. Locations are beautiful, but absolutely hollow.

Gameplay. RPG without roleplaying, classes and other RPG-attirbutes. Choices don't affect dialogue results (introduction in dialogue choices doesn't matter, lol) or boil down to "help A" or "help B". Grind for the sake of opening a secret ending to find out... that the lore of the series has been so perverted that it would be better not to start the game at all.

Lore. Raped, retconed, rewrited. One race (dwarves) was ejected, others re-"worked" to the ground. Idea of the DISCIPLES of Gods was destructed, cause the GODS no longer exist as such.

Bugs and Testing. Lots of bugs and disgusting optimization even on the lowest graphics settings. ignoring fans' suggestions during the alpha- and beta-testings.

In conclusion: this game isn't and don't Disciples. It is anything else except Disciples, because Calipso naturally spat in the face of a Disciples fandom with their odd job. Fandom keping series alive for the past ten years.
    As a Disciples 0/10
    As an other game 2/10 could be
  9. Oct 29, 2021
    Why did Kalypso Media buy the long-suffering Disciples franchise? Probably to kill her and hammer a nail on the lid of the coffin. Their slogan "Where Games lives" is cynical and has nothing to do with reality. I am familiar with all the parts of Disciples, have played each one and know the lore of this wonderful game well. I'm not a fan exclusively of Disciples 2 Gold. I really like theWhy did Kalypso Media buy the long-suffering Disciples franchise? Probably to kill her and hammer a nail on the lid of the coffin. Their slogan "Where Games lives" is cynical and has nothing to do with reality. I am familiar with all the parts of Disciples, have played each one and know the lore of this wonderful game well. I'm not a fan exclusively of Disciples 2 Gold. I really like the imperfect Disciples 3 Reincarnation - it is a good continuation of the series. And those who think that Liberation is better than Reincarnation are fools. I don't mind trying an RPG in the franchise. I am against violence against the lore of the game, I am against bad character design, bad plot, which negates everything that has been since Disciples: Sacred Land and ending with Disciples 3 Reincarnation. We have been waiting for a new game for 10 years so that it would become a worthy heir. And they got a summons, LGBT relationships, text sex, a disgusting continuation of the lore game. I don't recommend this game - it's a spit in the direction of fans and connoisseurs of the Disciples series of games. Expand
  10. Oct 28, 2021
    With the first three parts of the Disciples franchise game, this product has only a common name, parasitic on the feelings of old fans. The lore of the original Disciples games has been studied by developers not just superficially, but brazenly distorted and spoiled. There are no unique unit models. Many models of different races have the same skeleton. The design of the models isWith the first three parts of the Disciples franchise game, this product has only a common name, parasitic on the feelings of old fans. The lore of the original Disciples games has been studied by developers not just superficially, but brazenly distorted and spoiled. There are no unique unit models. Many models of different races have the same skeleton. The design of the models is pretentious and resembles the design of units in cheap mobile games. The music is monotonous and gets boring quickly. The fights are delayed, you can't speed up the animations. There is no terramorfing - the main feature of Disciples. Kalypso Media and Frima Studio ignored any feedback from alpha and beta testers, including really worthwhile reviews containing exhaustive edits on the lore of the original games in the series. I strongly do not recommend buying and playing this underproduct. Expand
  11. Oct 30, 2021
    Its supposed to be a tactical RPG game but its far too basic to be interesting. It almost felt like I was playing a phone app based game.

Gameplay has no meat to it as most abilities and spells are just a boring and have no defining feature except for very basic rock paper cissors mechanics. This makes everything bland and it boils down to simple statistics rather than planning or actions. The AI is atrocious and uses no strategy either. Skip this. If you want something of this type of genre try Fallen Enchantress. Its 1000x better.

Story is fine, though nothing new and can be cringy at times but I can get past that. Character development is rather poor as well and you will find you dont care about any of the characters even after 10 hours. Gave up on it at that point.
  12. Nov 4, 2021
    deleted my negative review. bad game bad devs. false advertisment. not disciples
  13. Nov 29, 2021
    I love the Disciples series. And I sat down to play this game, confident that it was a continuation of my favorite series. How upsetI was when it turned out that this is a completely different game.
    Perhaps Disciples: Liberation is not such a bad game, but I have no desire to continue playing it. The disappointment that I experienced playing it is very great.
    I hope to see a full-fledged
    I hope to see a full-fledged continuation of the series, and not this fake "based on".
  14. Jun 9, 2022
    even tho its not really Disciples... still i would love to play it but i cant i feel so disconnected... please make it possible to atleast choose or protagonist if not fully customize/create it...
  15. Oct 23, 2021
    Many studios are trying to revive past masterpieces, and some (Kalypso) are making a mobile game, it hurts to watch it hurts to play, I'm sorry DISCIPLES...

I would have 0 complaints if the game was called differently, but of course, no one would pay attention to it.
  16. Oct 24, 2021
    So, what I can say. I can count to 10 since I was in kindergarten. So, I think now I also can do this. When we open the list of CIS countries, we can fount one interesting thing. There are 9 countries in 2021 which are in CIS. (Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan). I don’t know which language are spoken there, which politicalSo, what I can say. I can count to 10 since I was in kindergarten. So, I think now I also can do this. When we open the list of CIS countries, we can fount one interesting thing. There are 9 countries in 2021 which are in CIS. (Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan). I don’t know which language are spoken there, which political problems they have. It doesn’t matter. Because I want to play in the game. But in this list which I wrote earlier there are only 9 countries, but in blocked countries there are 12. So I don’t know why how developers like say CIS countries and include these one: Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Georgia. And they say that we can play in game after three weeks waiting because we are making translation into “russian” “special for you”. I don’t know how I will play in this “good game” in russian. I don’t know russian language. I know English, Ukrainian and German. So why I must wait for this “special for me” translation on russian? I have also the same question about people who live in Georgia. I think refund is the best decision in this situation, and only torrent editions of future games from this publisher. Expand
  17. Oct 23, 2021
    It's just a terrible game in all its aspects. The worst of them are storytelling, elaboration of quests and characters, and tactical combat, completely devoid of adequate mechanics. Liberation could become even worse than the previous, not very successful, third part. Well, the saddest thing about this is that neither the third part, nor Liberation have anything at all to do with theIt's just a terrible game in all its aspects. The worst of them are storytelling, elaboration of quests and characters, and tactical combat, completely devoid of adequate mechanics. Liberation could become even worse than the previous, not very successful, third part. Well, the saddest thing about this is that neither the third part, nor Liberation have anything at all to do with the Disciples, which we all loving. Expand
  18. Oct 25, 2021
    For staring this in not a Disciple game - just overpriced cheap mobile game with below mediocre gameplay and story falsely advertised as related to beloved franchise

Decision to block game for 11 countries because of unfinished foreign language (Russian) localization is outright insulting - there are more immigrants from Russia living in USA that Russian-speaking people in these countries, but they did not delay release for USA...
  19. Oct 22, 2021
    Not only this game is very mediocre and you'll skip most non-quest battle because you will overpower enemies too much. Not to mention mechanics from Idle mobile game that has absolutely no place in single-player tactical games. For example you need to wait in real time for resources production and login to collect resources now and then otherwise they will stop producing after a shortNot only this game is very mediocre and you'll skip most non-quest battle because you will overpower enemies too much. Not to mention mechanics from Idle mobile game that has absolutely no place in single-player tactical games. For example you need to wait in real time for resources production and login to collect resources now and then otherwise they will stop producing after a short while

The decision to ban this game for almost 1 months after release in 12 countries for no good reason just stupid.
    Also there are many reports that people who bough game outside of Steam/Epic are now not able to see their game in their libraries at all...

The only nice thing this game has is graphics, but music, story, characters are meh, and combat fells good for an hour or two, but then feels too repetitive and slow so you'll skip all battles you can skip (and that would be more than 50% of all battles outside quests)

Pros:
    * graphics is OK

Cons:
    * music
    * story
    * characters
    * repetitive battles
    * distribution politics
    * mechanics from Idle mobile games

For CIS countries this game is accurately 0/10 at all as it is unplayable for stupid reason that they did no finished voiceover in a language that is foreign for 11 of 12 of banned countries. Like imaging delaying game in USA or Europe because they did not finish Chinees voiceover meanwhile releasing game with English voiceover in Asia... brain dead stupidity!
  20. Oct 25, 2021
    Это не DISCIPLES!!! Это какая-то игра для мобилок состоящая из помеси Kings Bounty и Heroes of Might & Magic причем в самых худших их проявлениях. За работу над игрой поставил двоечку, хотя за отношение к фанатам и этого много(((((

It's not DISCIPLES!!! This is some kind of mobile phone game consisting of a cross between Kings Bounty and Heroes of Might & Magic, and in their worst manifestations. For working on the game, I put a two, although there is a lot of this for the attitude towards the fans ((((((
  21. Oct 29, 2021
    This is not Disciples. Simple. Dont put fake labels just because you dont have enough strength to break through to the market! Its pure fraud! Try to make "Quake" that is not a FPS or "Civilisation" that is not a turn-based strategy and they bury you alive! Thats what i wanna do now. They try to **** us with our fondness to that serie.
    Imagine, that you have your absolute favourite serie
    Imagine, that you have your absolute favourite serie of games, getting totally changed form, and one fresh player telling you, that game is great, giving note 9, because he hasn't seen and doesn't care about previous games from that serie, just because he just started. What's your reaction? Exactly.
    Firstly, give me Disciples and after that, we can talk about grades!
  22. Nov 10, 2021
    looks more like early access. Graphically like 10 years ago. The fight animations are long and lengthy, making the fights very boring. The animations look like they're floating. And the lines spoken by the heroes during the fight are extremely irritating. When making an attack, a character has 2 sentences that he repeats over and over again. How much can you listen to "feel my sword bite"?looks more like early access. Graphically like 10 years ago. The fight animations are long and lengthy, making the fights very boring. The animations look like they're floating. And the lines spoken by the heroes during the fight are extremely irritating. When making an attack, a character has 2 sentences that he repeats over and over again. How much can you listen to "feel my sword bite"?
    Likewise with the sounds of the environment. Moving through the sewers sounds like a very badly looped pile of thick rubble. Horror.
    I am glad that the demo was made. I don't think I will buy the full version.
  23. Nov 19, 2021
    Це жахливо.
    Плювок в очі всім фанатам, які десять років чекали гру.
    Халтура і бездарність.
  24. Nov 8, 2021
    We've all waited a long time for a new Disciples game and unfortunately, it wasn't worth the wait. The is basically a mobile game converted to PC. The combat is decent but repetitive. The graphics and animations are good but the presentation and interface are sub par. The worst part is that there's no character creation, you're forced to play as a female character. There doesn't even seemWe've all waited a long time for a new Disciples game and unfortunately, it wasn't worth the wait. The is basically a mobile game converted to PC. The combat is decent but repetitive. The graphics and animations are good but the presentation and interface are sub par. The worst part is that there's no character creation, you're forced to play as a female character. There doesn't even seem to be a reason behind it as the story is as boring as they come. You cant even rename the generic units or equip them. Its nice that they tried to blend in different genres but it does none well enough to be worthwhile. The battles are repetitive and bland with tiny arenas so there's not much strategy. Don't waste your time on this, rather play an older title as you're guaranteed to have more fun than playing this title. Expand
  25. Oct 28, 2021
    Once you get into it, an amazing adventure awaits. Really nicely executed and a rare combination of tactical rpg gameplay. Must play for every fan of the genre.
  26. Dec 7, 2021
    That's just terrible. How do you destroy the streak ... It's embarrassing to play even on a smartphone
  27. Oct 26, 2021
    Great potential

The good: - exceptional art design, vfx, and animation - one of the best user interfaces I have seen in a long while - diverse combat units, the game has enormous potential for great tactical gameplay - loads of content The bad: - extremely repetitive and grindy in the early stages of the game: it takes way too long to unlock new units. - progression and pacing
    Great potential

The good:
    - exceptional art design, vfx, and animation
    - one of the best user interfaces I have seen in a long while
    - loads of content

The bad:
    - progression and pacing are completely off: you are a legendary hero before unlocking tier 2 units.
    - convoluted lore, story tumbles through grimdark territory.
    - level design constantly breaks tension and immersion: overworld maps look great but seem empty, most encounters are skippable because of your army being too strong while story encounters feel random and often feature even weaker enemies.
    - resource management feels superflous within the campaign (would probably better fit into a skirmish mode)
    - small combat maps limit tactical gameplay
    - tactical gameplay isn't really required because you can steamroll 98% of the encounters in the story campaign.

In my opinion, a director's cut would be great with a streamlined campaign, quicker access to new units, interesting combat encounters, and a story with more focus. Alternatively, a skirmish mode, like in HOMM, would do wonders. With some tweaks this game could be really good.
  28. Oct 28, 2021
    Very good game. It's not disciples like it was 1 and 2 part but it's other game in this world. Gameplay like King's Bounty Legend of knight. MAny ynits, tactics, spells.Very interesting story 10/10. To this game.
  29. Oct 26, 2021
    It is really a great game, maybe sometimes a little bit easy through the conquer mode, but a great story with different endings and you can really see the developers spend all their ability, blood and tears to make this a very nice experience. Don't listen to all those haters out there who want a game from the past (the last Disciples game came out 10 years ago and needed to be refreshed).
  30. Oct 24, 2021
    Поставлю авансом. Буйство либшизоидов утомляет. Одному не нравится за женщину играть, второй сравнивает со старыми частями, не имеющими ничего общего. Камон, оценивайте игру уже, а не свои ожидания. Может еще за трансов поиграть захотите и начнете выть, что афроамериканцев (буду политкорректным) и геев нет в игре? Меня лично утомляет, когда нужно тратить на создание персонажа по 2 часа, аПоставлю авансом. Буйство либшизоидов утомляет. Одному не нравится за женщину играть, второй сравнивает со старыми частями, не имеющими ничего общего. Камон, оценивайте игру уже, а не свои ожидания. Может еще за трансов поиграть захотите и начнете выть, что афроамериканцев (буду политкорректным) и геев нет в игре? Меня лично утомляет, когда нужно тратить на создание персонажа по 2 часа, а в боях нет гексагонов, куча спелов ненужных, а не те, что ты сам купил, а нужных героев нельзя выбрать. Нравится тратить вагон времени на это - играйте в Pathfinder. Expand
  31. Nov 6, 2021
    If Disciples II fans can shut up we may actually appreciate how good and blody badass DIII was. Fantastic art. Now this next installment just moves the game forward with being on the same level as the DIII. Beautiful. I get it, Heroes III is the best heroes ever, but because the later are not Heroes 3 doesnt mean they are bad. HeroesVI is fatastic, with fantastic story. Same is appliedIf Disciples II fans can shut up we may actually appreciate how good and blody badass DIII was. Fantastic art. Now this next installment just moves the game forward with being on the same level as the DIII. Beautiful. I get it, Heroes III is the best heroes ever, but because the later are not Heroes 3 doesnt mean they are bad. HeroesVI is fatastic, with fantastic story. Same is applied here, dont s*** on the product because you want another DII. Expand
  32. Oct 26, 2021
    I really enjoy this game. The pace is slow but it has this oldschool feel of "from zero to hero" which I enjoy in the games such as this so much. I must say that this has very addictive battles. I did not run into any bugs yet. Definite recommendation from me.
  33. Oct 25, 2021
    Good Kings Bounty style tactical rpg. Not Disciples 4, but HoMM also was not M&M5.
  34. Oct 24, 2021
    The Critically Clueless rates this a solid 8/10! This is a dark fantasy turn based rpg. With real choice in your journey. You shape your story as you recruit companion's and an army to save the world.
  35. Oct 24, 2021
    Very nice game, nice story so far and good mechanic. I am very surpised that this almost forgotten title can be this good
  36. Nov 17, 2021
    Many thanks to Kalypso for this great game!

I played all previous parts of Disciples, so have everything to compare with :) Very beautiful world, great design, awesome sounds and music - very immersive atmosphere. Dispite the soft visual style the game has a lot of violence and great dark humour. My favourite race was undead, so interesting and unusual characters. Love the game,
    Many thanks to Kalypso for this great game!

I played all previous parts of Disciples, so have everything to compare with :)
    My favourite race was undead, so interesting and unusual characters.

Love the game, but wouldn't repeat it - fights become boring just enough to go through the 1st play.
    But will gladly play with new units and stories if it has any dlcs or other parts!

Love that game is pretty long, plot is captivating and often unpredictable.

Please finish the game fully, it deserves to have all the texts to be sounded and much more beautiful inner-videos with much better videographics, not just frozen collages! More fights should be skippable, they often repeat themselves 1-1. Additional dialogues shouldn't be so small in the corner, missed lot's of them, they should have the ability bo be reread just as journal. After rebalancing resoursces and taking out all the same repeating loots game would be adorable. And please make PC controlling more friendly, it's really uncomfortable to use mouse in such manner, especially in dungeons.
    It really needs one more stage of developing to unleash it's full potential.

ps. Russian speaking community is clearly divided on this. But you have lot's of people who likes the game.

Thank you! Waiting for the continue of this great saga! :)
  37. Nov 8, 2021
    It is fun, but a bit on the easy side. Reminds me of a mix of HoMM and Kings Bounty. If you are a hardcore Disciples fan you may be suprised, it´s like a reboot. But a good reboot. New gameplay, new start into the story. Just give it a try. As Barney said: New is always better!

To be honest, I like the fact that this is not a Disciples II clone, it´s something new which fit´s the year 2021... So far I played 78hrs and I had a lot of fun.
  38. Oct 25, 2021
    This is a great tactical-RPG as a whole. The depth of combat gets really interesting as you get access to more units. The Story is fun and engaging. I understand this might not be Disciples II but after 20 years, it is a good thing. I highly recommend you try the demo and see for yourselves.
  39. Oct 24, 2021
    Seriously, it's a good game. Don't listen to all those unfair haters review bombing a good game.
  40. Feb 17, 2022
    Disciples: Liberation es algo a medio camino entre un juego de rol y un juego de estrategia por turnos estilo Disciples III (o Heroes of Might and Magic si preferís). La mezcla funciona razonablemente bien y tiene ideas interesantes, pero al mismo tiempo acaba no alcanzando la potencialidad que podría haber tenido si desarrollasen más cada una, siendo un juego de rol un poco simple y unDisciples: Liberation es algo a medio camino entre un juego de rol y un juego de estrategia por turnos estilo Disciples III (o Heroes of Might and Magic si preferís). La mezcla funciona razonablemente bien y tiene ideas interesantes, pero al mismo tiempo acaba no alcanzando la potencialidad que podría haber tenido si desarrollasen más cada una, siendo un juego de rol un poco simple y un juego de estrategia igualmente un poco simple. El combate es lo principal del juego y funciona bastante bien, siendo entretenido y razonablemente variado gracias a las cuatro facciones bien diferenciadas y la cantidad de unidades. Los grandes bosses de algunos momentos añaden variedad y los entornos y situaciones lo mismo, haciendo que tarde bastante en volverse repetitivo, lo que ocurre un poco ya en los últimos compases del juego. En cambio, todo lo relativo a la gestión del castillo es realmente pobre y escaso.

Gráficamente el juego cumple, sin grandes aspavientos ni errores. El sonido cumple igualmente, aunque de un modo más irregular, especialmente con las voces de algunos personajes que son bastante malas. Me he encontrado con un par de salidas a escritorio y ralentizaciones, pero nada demasiado terrible.

El resultado de todo ello es, sin duda, un juego entretenido que, sin embargo, quizás podría haber dado más. Un 6.
  41. Feb 3, 2022
    Interesting story.
    Greate filed for tactic in battle, but balance is interesting only in midgame on maximal difficulty.
    Pure visual as for the mobile games not for PC.
    It is no more strategy, it is RPG.
  42. Oct 23, 2021
    Sad to see how mean people can be to an objectively good game.
    Yes, it is not disciples as we know it, but so what? Its a decent polished turn based strategy / light rpg and is actually a lot of fun.
    Sad to see how mean people can be to an objectively good game.
    If you are not stuck in the past and bar all but the familiar, if you are not on a crusade for a game using a disciples name to be identical to the old games and ready to embrace a new - but well made an polished tactical rpg with a lot of content - you should definitely play it.
  43. Nov 2, 2021
    I'm 40 hours in...the game is really good. It's a mix of kings bounty and divinity original sin. The nerds review bombing didn't even play it...they are just sad because they didn't get the Disciples game THEY wanted.
  44. Dec 8, 2021
    As a huge SRPG fan, I'm having a great time with this game. There's a lot of stuff to really dig into and different spells and abilities to play around with. I tried a variety of different army builds and enjoyed the different viable tactical options available.

Obviously the game isn't perfect. I ran into some bugs that cause a reload or game restart, but haven't had anything completely game breaking. I haven't had my progress halted or a corrupted save file, etc. There are some weird design decisions, especially outside of battle. Again, nothing that would absolutely tank the quality of the game. But it does seem like the game would've benefited from a little more time in the oven. Of course, since it's 2021, that just doesn't happen much anymore in gaming, so it is what it is.

As someone who was aware of the original games but never got into them, I'm a little perplexed by the hate and claims of false advertising. I don't think this game was ever advertised as being a direct sequel to the older games. I didn't see a IV at the end of the title. I can think of so many game franchises that branch out into different genres. Halo, Gears of War, CoD series (zombies), anything by Nintendo (how many genres has Mario been in at this point?), Darksiders seres, Fallout series, Assassin's Creed, Final Fantasy. You could go on and on and on. Getting upset that a new game isn't what you want it to be, even when there was no evidence that it ever would be, seems like whining for the sake of it.

So, based on the game that actually DOES exist, rather than the game in a whiner's imagination, I think it is strong but not perfect. I give it an 8, and it could be a 9 if the devs give it a little TLC.
  45. Nov 22, 2021
    I like this game. Good graphics, nice tactical combat, new mechanics. Yes, it's more RPG than strategy now, and I like it. I hope developer will update the game further and bring us new features, units and, maybe, playable characters or factions. I also like that the game is cross-platform. Thank you, Frima!

P.S.: Honestly, it's 7 out of 10, I just wanted to compensate unjustified zeros

P.S.: Honestly, it's 7 out of 10, I just wanted to compensate unjustified zeros and ones a little bit.
  46. Oct 25, 2021
    If you see a 0, you can safely assume it's someone who played Disciples II (a game I'd never heard of until a few days ago - I know, I'm apparently a terrible person) and is upset that this isn't a carbon copy of that game. Seriously, reading through all the 0's, it's just review after review of "this isn't Disciples 2," or "this isn't what WE wanted!"

If you're okay with this game not

If you're okay with this game not being the exact same as Disciples II, then please, READ ON :)

Is it perfect? No. But it's pretty dang fun. The writing is good. The voice-work is good. The music and combat are good. It does get pretty easy and it's not long before you'll feel overpowered, but I'm still having a really good time. The choices you make in the game actually do seem to matter and have an effect on quest outcomes and/or on your reputation with factions as a whole, which can block you or enable you to create new units from those factions.

Lol I've also seen a lot of "YOU'RE FORCED TO PLAY AS A WOMAN!" Oh dear god, no! Not a w-w-w-woman! Seriously, guys, please check your toxic masculinity at the door - what exactly is wrong with playing a woman? How is it any different than being forced to play as a man? So yeah, if you hate women, and/or hate games that feature powerful women, I guess you may really despise this game.
  47. Oct 29, 2021
    interestibg game! i enjoy this. great tactical-RPG as a whole. dont listen who hate this game, they just want to get disciples 2 again. and they will hate everething if its not disciples 2.
  48. Nov 4, 2021
    if you played the second part, then the launch of this game can cause irreparable harm to your psyche. Do not think about doing it.
  49. Jun 17, 2022
    Well, this one is difficult. On one hand, I can't deny I had some fun with the game, all things considered, on the other hand, it has lots and lots of idiotic design decisions.

The game was made by Frima, developer who primarily has experience in the mobile market, and boy, it shows. Disciples Liberation is a Kings Bounty clone with base building. Constructing buildings, hiring units, and upgrading equipment costs resources (and there's a lot of them, like not just gold but 7 types). How does one gather so many various resources in what is ultimately a real-time game, you ask? Well, of course, you gather it in REAL TIME. Yes, that's right, you conquer mines on various world maps with your army, and that gives you resources per hour. Once every few hours, you have to return to Yllian (your capital base), and manually click on "gather" to add the mined resources to your stockpile. Overcomplicated? Yes. Completely unnecessary? Yes. Copied from mobile games without further thought? Yes.

Combat is turn-based, and is very flashy. Units are quite varied, and even if there aren't dwarves this time around, there's a ton of units and companions you can bring along to fight so the game doesn't get stale. Well, not until late game, anyways. Combat is super easy, anyone who wants a challenge should play on hard at a minimum, as normal presents no obstacle whatsoever, and you will regularly stomp even higher level enemies. Now, there is a special place in hell for whoever implemented the ultimate abilities your heroes get later in the game. You see, EVERY battle is decided on the first two turns, tops. The longest battles are with bosses and even those take like 7-8 turns maximum. Ultimate abilities, unlike all other abilities, begin on cooldown at the start of combat (standard: 5 turns). That means you can use them only 5 turns into combat. By then, every single fight except boss fights will be over... I don't know who thought this is a good design, but "imbecilic" is the appropriate word for it. I have 70 hours in this game, and I have NEVER seen a single ultimate ability in action. Game also encourages you to finish fights asap, because if you drag them, enemies will eventually start killing your units, which is something you obviously don't want to do.

The main heroine, Avyanna, is the modern archetype of a strong, independent woman. She is super special, chosen by destiny, of course, and great at everything. At the very least, it's explained why she is so great and powerful. This is the core messaging of the game - all females are regal and powerful (Ormeriel, Illmeren...), and all males are either stupid (Baghtal), or a laughing stock (Orion). Avyanna can also sleep with anybody, and I mean anybody - she can treat anyone and anything, no matter if male, female, undead bone golem, etc., as a **** The game is woke af, and what it's trying to say is obviously that males are here to please women, and women are above all. A redeeming point for the main antagonist being a woman, too, though.

The game looks like it will have a lot of replayability at first glance. To recruit the strongest units from each of the four factions (Humans, Undead, Demons, and Elves), you need to upgrade your reputation with them to the highest level, which is not easy. Also, the game seems like it has a lot of choices in its dialogues. It encourages you to play through it multiple times. But that is an illusion. Besides trying a different factions, I see no point in playing this twice. The choices aren't real, the outcome of quests and the game itself will be more or less the same no matter what you do.

The devs also very much like to waste your time. There are two unskippable logo animations you are forced to watch every time the game is launched, there is, of course, the launcher, which offers zero functionality other than spying on you and showing you ads for their other games (I am not kidding - there is literally nothing there, you cannot even adjust game options from it), and every time you finally get to the main menu, you are greeted by a giant prompt to leave a review... which cannot be dismissed permanently, and doesn't go away even if you do leave the damn review on Steam. Absolutely appaling.

The Disciples lore has been butchered, the game connects to the atrocious Disciples 3 and there are tons of references, but it doesn't respect the lore in any meaningful way.

So why the 4 stars if it's so bad on so many levels? Well, if you pretend that this is not Disciples, and turn your brain off, you can have fun with the game and I certainly had some. So, I am not giving it 0/10 but I can't give it a high score either, for reasons stated above. If you want a cheap King's Bounty clone with nice graphics, you won't go wrong with this one, but for Disciples, replay the 2nd one. It will never be surpassed.
  50. Sep 25, 2022
    Strong Independent Disciples. Another franchise ruined. They had no new ideas, no improvements to make so they just went political.
  51. Jun 27, 2022
    Отсутствие стиля главное что делал Дисиплс особенной игрой ,они прокекали все полимеры, дешевая гринделка для телефона, в 2021 Фрима и Калипсо провалилась по всем статьям ,но никак не про дисиплс, паршивевшая графика, а интерфейс вы для кого делали ,вам самим удобно, зачем столько бесполезного хлама в игре ?Очень крутой ЛОР слитый в трубу, сюжет самая главная ошибка, персонаж никакой,Отсутствие стиля главное что делал Дисиплс особенной игрой ,они прокекали все полимеры, дешевая гринделка для телефона, в 2021 Фрима и Калипсо провалилась по всем статьям ,но никак не про дисиплс, паршивевшая графика, а интерфейс вы для кого делали ,вам самим удобно, зачем столько бесполезного хлама в игре ?Очень крутой ЛОР слитый в трубу, сюжет самая главная ошибка, персонаж никакой, пустышка, при том что у них был один из интереснейших миров ,просто в середине строительства игры вы же могли видеть что вы делаете что-то не так и начать исправлять. Это худший перезапуск игр, пожалуйста продайте права на игру ,хоть кому, вам это не нужно. Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 11 Critic Reviews

1. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Feb 7, 2022
    Liberation severed all ties with Disciples’ strategic heritage. There’s only one playable faction, and our capital exists in a separate dimension so it never gets attacked. The resources are abundant, units and items are cheap, and fights are easy, so that nothing would distract the player from following the story. [Issue#258, p.58]
  2. Nov 25, 2021
    Disciples: Liberation is a vast turn-based/ RPG/ city management hybrid that would have been great if some aspects of the game were trimmed down. The core ideas behind the gameplay are implemented well. Skills, units, battle mechanics, dialog choices are classy. On the other hand, the writing is juvenile and the low level of challenge can make the game feel tedious.
  3. Nov 17, 2021
    Disciples: Liberation takes us on an epic adventure through a Dark Fantasy world that is filled with conflict and pain. The compelling narrative, characters and the tough decisions you have to make again and again to balance your standing in the four factions are what drives this game forward. The gameplay alone wouldn’t be able to motivate us for the 80 hour adventure, it is just to simple. The combat rarely presents a challenge and with the abundance of resources loses are easily replaced. We still had a lot of fun, since the roleplay aspect of the game works well enough.