6.1

1. Apr 8, 2017
    Game: Disgaea PC
    Genre: Strategy RPG
    Publisher/Developer: NIS/Nippon Ichi System: Steam (PC) Total Score: 99/100 Value Score: 9.9/10 • Story: 10/10 • Characters: 10/10 • GamePlay: 10/10 • Graphics: 9/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 10/10 • Length: 10/10 • Replay Value: 10/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +All extra content from the PSP and Nintendo DS versions are included
    Game: Disgaea PC

• Music: 10/10
    • Length: 10/10
    • Replay Value: 10/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +All extra content from the PSP and Nintendo DS versions are included
    +New UI and new textures added
    +Many graphic options available
    +High replay value
    +Amazing OST

Cons
    -Crashing bug in ONE map when doing certain special skills (this only occurs in 1 battle and there are ways to prevent the crash but requires changing strategy in battle)
  2. Feb 25, 2016
    Disgaea PC is exactly like the PSP version Disgaea Afternoon Of Darkness but it has better graphics and textures. The character textures were not updated but a filter was added to smooth them which in my opinion makes it look worse. However, you have the option to turn that off. The UI has been redone and also has the option to use the classic version of that but considering how well doneDisgaea PC is exactly like the PSP version Disgaea Afternoon Of Darkness but it has better graphics and textures. The character textures were not updated but a filter was added to smooth them which in my opinion makes it look worse. However, you have the option to turn that off. The UI has been redone and also has the option to use the classic version of that but considering how well done the new one is I think that is better. The animations during cut scenes are crisp and clear also.

They keyboard is a bit difficult to get used to but after about 20 minutes of playing it feels almost exactly like the PSP version. The mouse can be helpful if you want to get from point A to point B faster but as far as combat goes it is very difficult to use. While using it I often canceled my moves or selected the wrong square to move to. It is possible to disable the mouse in this game and just use the keyboard which I suggest you do.

Many people have already complained about the game not working, which is probably why this game has unfavorable reviews, but I simply messed with the compatibility mode on the .exe and was able to get it to work with no problems. Of course that is with all of the correct redistributables installed.

As far as the actual game goes it has a quirky ridiculous story but that is not its main attraction. The main attraction is the fact that everything can level up in this game. You can literally take a basic HP pot that restores 100 health and level it up so it restores 10,000. It is the same for every item in the game including weapons and armor. Your characters can level up to 9999 and there is loads of content for people who make it to that high of a level. You can transmigrate your characters back down to level 1 and level them up all over again. It all seems like a bit much but once you get to that level it actually goes really fast the second time around.

Overall I gave this game a 9 out of 10
    Actual game 10/10
    -So much stuff to do and will make you want to do it.
    -Nearly never ending power.
    -Lots of secret stuff to find.
    -Awesome ability animations.
    PC version 8/10
    -Everything above.
    -Could have better character animations.
    -Mouse is difficult to use.

Disgaea ruined all of the other tactics games out there for me because it is just that good.
  3. May 13, 2016
    It's an alright port for a good strategy game. But it's an old game, from an era when difficulty meant something a little different. However, some of the dialogue is genuinely funny. If you like Strategy RPGs, give this one a shot.
  4. May 6, 2019
    Cute welll drawn passionate Graphics!
    Well done grinding Line! Grind Forever!
    There is no limit! i mean there is.... but it feels like there is no limit to finish the game! Just like the joy you'll have from it!
  5. Feb 6, 2021
    I really don't know what people giving this a low score want.
    its a great game, it a perfect port, there is really no down side to this game.
  6. Apr 5, 2020
    Disgaea PC its a very good port, and one very welcome too. Disgaea was one of my favorite games for PS2, and now i can play it on Steam. The problem with this game its very clear: The game design favors a difficult curve beyong anything natural, which ends up giving us hours and hours of endless grind.
    The grind is actually fun, but by the late game, enemies will be so strong, that anything you hit on them will help, unless you grind your way up. Its dumb, and its a very ugly failure for a game this great.
    Anyways, Disgaea still is an amazing RPG, and if you like tactical RPGs, you should give it a try.
  7. Feb 18, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is inferior to the second game in practically every way, you can even enjoy this one more if you enjoy his comedy (which has more quantity and quality than the second) and / or if you like the characters and their interactions more.

The first chapter is very light and plants some mysteries. The second is a little more interesting and has a serious ending giving a slight insight into Laharl. In chapter 4, Lahral rescuing Flonne's pendant I didn't find character development, he did it just for the rewards I would say.
    Chapters 4 and 5 have so far been certainly the busiest, with prominence towards the end of chapter 5.
    Chapter 8 is really good, and not just the ending. There is a revelation of the protagonist's past, his development (acceptance of his mother's death), his relationship with Flonne and an exciting moment at the end of the chapter (and the music is very good afterwards). Dude, I took his mother's twist to be the pink Prinny like a minute before the revelation, and it was even more obvious that the 'voice' that speaks to the angel in heaven is Laharl's father (although I'm not sure ).
    When Gordon and Jennifer came along, I was a little disappointed, it came out of something so incredible for a mega silly business, but their interactions with the party were cool, especially Jennifer's (she is too angry). But not even for Gordon to use his peanut brain and go for it. The end of chapter 10 is cool, it’s worth noting. Thursday's drama was somewhat random and consequently somewhat forced. Chapter 11 is generally good. And in chapter 12 a build up for the final climax begins, but seriously, I'm sorry for Jennifer. It ended chapter 12 with Jennifer being taken, I wonder if after losing her, Gordon will value her more. And in chapter 13 just thinking that Kurtis was going to 'change' Jennifer in some way pissed me off, but my god, in phase 3 that comic relief before he told the past is such a horrible break of tension that takes away all the your immersion of the moment. Anyway, Kurtis and Gordon's dialogue is very good, although Gordon's lines are very cliché. The scene at the beginning of phase 4 was pretty good, it lacked a bit of direction and probably hardware, but the narrative there was good and even emotional.
    And in chapter 14 the focus finally returns to the protagonists. That guy who talks to Seraph I would say is Laharl's father, but we'll see. Phase 5 has the 'return' of Kurtis as Prinny, I even thought he could come back, but not like that, I liked it, in addition there is a very good song playing here. Breaking the barrier in phase 6 despite half a cringe was a pretty decent scene. I got the normal ending and the final scene is really good, Flonne sacrifices herself for her friends, Laharl is taken by the furious kills Seraph, but discovers that if he had spared her she would have been too, and then we see Laharl's development in actions (the most important), he begs to exchange his life for Flonne's.

In 14 we see Flonne's maturation, which is interesting.

They rolled the final chapter just for the gameplay.

But this climax of the human's arc not of the face, it appears that out of nowhere, from chapter 10 they wanted to tell another story, then the humans inside Disgaea infested, made the main characters lose the focus of their own story, I found it well outside the place.

The characters are very charismatic and friendly in general, highlighting Flonne.

The difficulty curve is not very good, one level is difficult and then another 3 easy ones. Despite having some interesting and very original levels, I was not a fan of the level design of the game, especially more for the late game.

As the game is EXTREMELY SLOW, I played it with the Cheat Engine, the only 'negative' side is that your save will be with much more hours than 'it should'. My save file took almost 30 hours.

The campaign has 100% VA, at least in theory as it has about 5 phases that are buggy and not.

On top of that I had 2 crashes ... exactly the same way.
  8. Apr 10, 2021
    Una obra maestra de los SRPG, una historia bastante entretenida y divertida y un postgame y profundidad absurda, con cientos de personajes y de compañeros que podremos contratar para los combates junto a una grandísima variedad de armaduras y armas, con sus propios niveles, que podrán ofrecernos una variedad a la hora de los combates absurda.
    Por el precio que tiene en rebajas, si os
    Por el precio que tiene en rebajas, si os gusta el género de los rpg por turnos, debéis darle una oportunidad porque seguro que os dará cientos de horas de diversión.
    Aparte de que ahora cuenta con una traducción hecha por fans al español, osea que sera todavía mas accesible.
    100% recomendado.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 7 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    May 30, 2016
    It could really use some improvements introduced in more recent instalments of the series and it does not look good, but if you get hooked on its addictive character development, you can spend hundreds (!) of hours with Disgaea PC. [05/2016, p.70]
  2. May 6, 2016
    Sure, there's no new content, but Disgaea PC is still the definitive version of this game.
    For a game that is 13 years old, it's surprising how well the game holds up today. The game is enjoyable as the strategy is solid.