tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 2 more ratings

1. Jul 14, 2018
    I felt like going back to review many of the games I remember from my childhood. I might be blinded by nostalgia by giving this such a high rating, but I actually remember this game being fairly great, especially when compared to the vast majority of other movie based games.

But seriously, this doesn't feel like an incomplete cash in on a movie that was popular at the time, this game feels like it was actually designed to be a game. On top of the fact that they recruited all of the same voices from the movie, but every level contains a great deal of conceptual creativity. In order to stretch the movie into a feature length, 20-30hr videogame, they essentially take that final action sequence in the movie, spend the entire game building up to it. Throughout the course of the game, you'll be faced with a number of platforming and puzzle challenges where you'll consume potions that will turn you into various different animals that have different abilities. And this all is meant to teach you the mechanics of each animal, which all accumulates in the final few levels that have you switching between animals for challenging set pieces constantly, and it's all very creative, and exciting.

I hope nostalgia isn't completely blinding me on this one, but this is probably my favorite movie game of all the movie games I ever played growing up.

There are no critic reviews yet.