7.7

1. Bangzz
    Nov 26, 2009
    The first single player RPG ever to implement intercontinental lag! It is very difficult to tell what is going on in a fight - Animations are jerky, visuals are terribly pixelated, rendering is stuttery, the menus have 5-20s of delay on every action no matter what the settings used. Story seems solid, but poor gameplay mechanics (you win by jumping backwards) and worse performance on a The first single player RPG ever to implement intercontinental lag! It is very difficult to tell what is going on in a fight - Animations are jerky, visuals are terribly pixelated, rendering is stuttery, the menus have 5-20s of delay on every action no matter what the settings used. Story seems solid, but poor gameplay mechanics (you win by jumping backwards) and worse performance on a high-end gaming machine (i7, GT280, latest drivers etc) means this game is completely overshadowed by genre titles 5 years older. Expand
  2. Jul 27, 2013
    Okay, I bought this game in mind that the first Divinity was a great game. My verdict is Ego Draconis is mediocre, lacking. The one key thing IMO is that the world isn't full enough, enemies don't seem interesting, there aren't many little things laying around which you can read, there's very little lore and such. The next issue is the dragon combat parts, they just take way too longOkay, I bought this game in mind that the first Divinity was a great game. My verdict is Ego Draconis is mediocre, lacking. The one key thing IMO is that the world isn't full enough, enemies don't seem interesting, there aren't many little things laying around which you can read, there's very little lore and such. The next issue is the dragon combat parts, they just take way too long because it's so simplistic, you have a very small number of abilities whereas there are a lot of turrets to take down considering you have to defeat dragons first. Enemy dragons respawn but the problem is that there is a whole bunch of them. Next is the font...the numbers which pop up when you deal damage, the numbers in your stats screen...it's horrible. Larian simply didn't have the budget/experience for this game which is a shame since they're a talented bunch. Ego Draconis is not memorable but I was happy to support Larian. Expand
  3. Dec 24, 2014
    I love rpgs, from baldurs gate to skyrim to dark souls. This game has serious flaws, the combat is dull, the variety of enemies mean nothing, just the same kind of archer, melee, magic users skinned for different races.

The quests feel utterly unentertaining the story bland and I just can't see any redeeming features of it.
  4. Mar 28, 2017
    Le jeu est assez joli ma foi mais très exigeant aussi : on se retrouve à tout enlever pour avoir un rafraîchissement correct, ce qui le rend nettement moins joli... La maniabilité est bizarre et fait penser à un hack & slash mal branlé tandis que le monde ultra-générique et benêt est peu motivant. Si la VF est de bonne qualité, pourquoi toujours montrer le texte des dialogues simultanémentLe jeu est assez joli ma foi mais très exigeant aussi : on se retrouve à tout enlever pour avoir un rafraîchissement correct, ce qui le rend nettement moins joli... La maniabilité est bizarre et fait penser à un hack & slash mal branlé tandis que le monde ultra-générique et benêt est peu motivant. Si la VF est de bonne qualité, pourquoi toujours montrer le texte des dialogues simultanément ? ça brise l'immersion. Enfin, la difficulté mal gérée, l'équilibrage indigne d'un jeu de rôle et le manque de finition patent ôtent toute vélléité de poursuivre une aventure bien fade au demeurant. Expand
  5. Jun 15, 2018
    Worst rpg I've ever played. Graphic is horrid, gameplay is horrid, plot is horrid, and the ending is just a huge letdown. I wonder if they wrote the whole plot in the bathroom while drunk, because it does feel like it.
  6. Dec 23, 2018
    I'm really surprised, I played the game after I had played Divinity Original Sin I and II and what hit me was the incoherent plot, overly weird world, quite frankly not many things work in this game. After some time I just got a headache and didn't manage or wanted to complete it.

1. It's not a perfect game, but the surprise of the year: A lot of great gameplay, lots of fresh ideas and a lot of fun. You may like some things more than others, but where else can you annoy a dragon again and again by shouting the name of his nemesis?
  2. Larian Studios have managed to create good quests that make fun because of all the odd characters and the great self-depreciating humor. But at the same time the game lacks comfort, so that the player has to have a lot of patience in order to see the end.
  3. Divinity II - Ego Draconis is definitely a very solid roleplaying game, which is unfortunately lacking at some points. For roleplaying fans nevertheless a must have.