8.8

1. Sep 14, 2017
    A Masterpiece...

A bold way to start a review, but think of the best RPG you have ever played, and then think of the best developers to back it up. Larian is humble, open, and inspired and they have poured those feelings and skills into this game. To be honest, when playing through early access the only think I felt was missing was Voice acting. I understood of course the challenge
    A Masterpiece...

To be honest, when playing through early access the only think I felt was missing was Voice acting. I understood of course the challenge that would be required to do it right and I respected the fact that Larian had at least considered it. Without requesting more money or making excuses, they made if feasible, did it in secret, and released it as a gift.

DOS2 has fantastic graphics, fantastic story, amazing mechanics, and challenges to the player to think through puzzles and mysteries. Its not handed on a silver platter, but each and every choice is made rewarding. You can literally play through this game billions of different ways.

To top it off, you can play 4 player COOP. I have always wanted an amazing RPG with drop in and out coop and DOS EE was great for that. Now DOS2 has made it even better.

In summary, props to Larian and i truly recommend you give DOS 2 a shot.
  2. Oct 11, 2017
    I never realised I needed a narrator in an RPG before DOSII. It provides the world with context only books would otherwise provide. The voice acting is great, the music is fantastic (and you can choose an instrument to your liking to give it a 'personal' preference).

The world is realistic. You can solve difficult situations with diplomacy or action. You can talk to pets, talk to ghosts, ... The world is great and immersive. And I do not mind that I get killed. It is part of the exploration. You have to gain exp. to become better or you can try your look as a rookie.

There are still some minor flaws. Without stealing, it is hard to get good gear. And I don't like having to steal. Pet pall is another very important talent. The crafting menu could be better. The skillbar could use some auto sorting algoritm. But I'm sure Larian will work on that just like with DOS. A free enhanced endition to solve/improve some things.

This game reminds me of the first Zelda. It is not easy, you can go anywhere you please but that doesn't mean you will succeed. DOS II is similar only more intricate, more choices, more maps, more RPG elements (obviously) and ofcourse turn based. I would recommend it if you like an immersive world you can't rush through with strategy elements you can't always solve the first time and have the patience to see most interactions with NPC as something of value. Hope you enjoy the game.
  3. Oct 7, 2017
    To put it quite simply this is one of the greatest rpgs of all time. It's fun, charming, open, well written, challenging, and just a downright blast to play. The Coop with friends can leave you in tears laughing sometimes or on the edge of your seats in a close fight. This is gaming done right.
  4. Oct 6, 2017
    Disclaimer: the following text is totally unbiased and non sarcastic!

I have some gripes with the monetization of this game. It's clear that Larian hasn't enterend the realm of 2017 yet and DOS2 is really not up to par with todays standards: 1. DOS2 retails for 44.99US$ or your regional equivalent. A modern game with high production values, which DOS2 clearly has with its beautiful
    Disclaimer: the following text is totally unbiased and non sarcastic!

1. DOS2 retails for 44.99US$ or your regional equivalent. A modern game with high production values, which DOS2 clearly has with its beautiful atmospheric graphics, its incredible well written story, an amazing voice acting performance, a grandiose orchestral soundtrack, dozens hours of content and deep tactical gameplay should retail for 59.99US$.
    2. No pre order bonus. In the beginning of the game you meet a black cat with its own small storyline, but totally not essential to the grand story overall. DOS2 has tons of sidequests with their own story and those go further than the bland "go fetch me 10 wolf pelts" sidequests. Those sidequests make the game so much more engaging and rewarding to play. That black cat could be easily cut from the game and offered as a pre order bonus, which would be a good incentive for people to buy the game upfront without knowing if the game is any good. After launch you offer the black cat as a 9.99US$ DLC and make some more money out of it.
    3. DOS2 comes with 6 origin stories, 6 unique characters, which greatly changes how you will experience your travels and adventures throughout Rivellon. This enhances the replayability of DOS2, but knowing this game is in one playthrough already al least 70 hours long this is perhaps a bit much to offer at a base price of 44.99US$, which really should be 59.99US$ (see point 1.). As you can take only 4 characters in your party, offering 4 origin stories in the base game is more than enough. You can easily cut two, say Beast (a Dwarven Pirate) and Fane (an Undead), and offer them in a Digital Deluxe Special Edition for an extra 20$:
    - Divinity Original Sin 2: Pirate Edition for 79.99US$ with Beast origin story
    - Divinity Original Sin 2: Undead Edition for 79.99US$ with Fane origin story
    And of course you bundle this all together in:
    - Divinity Original Sin 2: Gold Edition for 99.99US$ with all 6 origin stories
    4. DOS2 doesn't have a season pass. Will Larian just patch and add extra content for free?
    5. DOS2 makes you play and enjoy the game without cutting corners through microtransactions. If a character in your party dies, you must make sure you have a resurrection scroll to revive him/her or have enough gold to buy one from the NPC's in the game. There is no ingame store that let you buy ingame items or ingame gold for real money.

Despite these 5 points of criticism DOS2 is a fantastic game. It's one of the best cRPG's ever made and playing this game you feel you're playing something special. This truly is a classic: 10/10!
  5. Sep 23, 2017
    This game make RPG great again!
    Story, roleplay, battlesistem, interaction, co-op, master mode... absolutely everything just perfectly!
    i can't stop playing the game, even for sleep!
    Now Larian Studio - my favorite game developer!
  6. Sep 23, 2017
    Divinity 2 Original Sin is HANDS DOWN UP AND AROUND the BEST RPG I've played in my life. Possibly the best videogame.... Loved the Baldur's Saga, loved the Incewind Dale, loved the original Torment... This is, in a nutshell, a unique masterpiece. Play it or live in complete ignorance without knowing what an amazing game you're missing.

Enjoyed the first DOS and although it had its rough

Enjoyed the first DOS and although it had its rough edges and silly tone, it was a solid game. DOS2 takes a more serious tone, a better gameplay/story in all directions and gives all players their desired difficulty with the "A.I. 2.0" (whatever that means, the "A.I." in this game is extremely well coded).

Even if you are very reluctant to play a videogame with turn based combat, you should be aware that this game has the best turn based combat in an RPG. You will feel blessed that you have turn based combat due to its complex mechanics. In real time combat, it would be impossible and straight not fun to do.

Excellent story, amazing graphics, amazing gameplay, superb soundtrack, 4 player coop, split screen coop, 100s of hours of content, crafting, companions, stories.... THIS GAME HAS IT ALL. GO BUY IT YOU FOOL!
  7. Sep 27, 2017
    The best RPG I have played in a long time

Divinity: Original Sin 2 improves exponentially on its predecessor by providing an engaging combat system and an exploitative world that rewards ingenuity. Divinity: Original sin 2 provides an almost tabletop like experience, while obviously limited, you do often feel like you have some real freedom of choice, especially within combat. More
    The best RPG I have played in a long time

More likely than not you will be able to indulge in upwards of 100 hours of game-play in just your first run alone, in addition Larian Studios have implemented a Game Master mode in which you can embark with others on user created adventures.

This game is simply a masterpiece and an instant classic in the RPG genre. My top game of the year.
  8. fve
    Sep 14, 2017
    Another masterpiece from Larian Studios, like his predecessor. I hope latinamerican people don't have to wait much time until the community spanish translation is ready or will be better than Larian Studios release this language ASAP.
  9. Sep 21, 2017
    Every once in a while there comes a game that raises the bar a notch - this game puts the bar so high it's almost out of reach of the competition. My only worry is what will Larian to for an encore.

Should keep the most die-hard RPG players happy for months.
    MM
  10. Sep 22, 2017
    I don't normally write game reviews, but I felt strongly enough about this one to sign up and write a short review.

D:OS2 is pretty refreshing and unique in the current landscape of games offering open ended(ish) game-play and fun combat that will remind you a bit of XCOM. It's hard and can be frustrating, but is rewarding when you figure out a winning strategy. The writing is quite good as well and you begin to build interest in the characters pretty quickly. The game isn't without bugs on release, but the team has been responsive, and it looks like it will have great re-playability. It's probably a 9 for me as of today, but a 10 in potential.
  11. Sep 21, 2017
    First things first. I really like RPGs so this review might be a bit biased. Also I'm not a native english speaker, so there might be some grammatical errors.

The good: -The Multiplayer is how things should be done. You can actively play with 3 friends can load into the game any time you want from any safegame. Everyone plays their own character and can walk the world, while every

The good:

-The Multiplayer is how things should be done. You can actively play with 3 friends can load into the game any time you want from any safegame. Everyone plays their own character and can walk the world, while every interaction has meaning in its own way. So other players can actively screw you if they so desire and at times they will without wanting to do so.
    (Been playing with 2 friends for now 40 hours and still going strong)

-They choices in this game are far reaching and meaningful, so you can actively meet people you saved earlier or some people might be angry at you for killing someone. You can act like a douche or a savoir, but most questgivers offer choices which go more into moral grey areas. This in itself is a great thing to do in every RPG, at least in my opinion. EVERY CHOICE HAS MEANING. It's like a real world with real people in it. It's a loveletter to everyone who likes Baldurs Gate 2 or even Planescape: Torment. Still the replayability in this game is through the roof. You can play this game 5 times and not see every choice you can make.

-The Story is superior to the Original SIn 1, which in itself isn't all that hard to achieve but this time they actually made more of an effort to engage you in the story. It starts with you not knowing what's going on at all, but after some time it gains traction and becomes pretty engaging, which is partly due to the great voice acting. Everything in this game is voiced, which is itself is an achievement in itself. There are about 84000 voicelines in this game, which is absolutely staggering. This time around you feel a lot more important in the story and more epic overall. Plus the cutscenes have some of the beautiful art you can get in Video games.

The turn based battle system feels honed and intuitive. Every skilltree is viable and adds to your character in a meaningful way. Want to be Necromancer, Summoner? You can be and it's strong tree to actually invest to. Want to be a mage? You can be in so many ways it's hard to actually count the things you can to in this game. Want to be a Ranger or Melee? Me and my friends are actually going all physical and it's working great. There are many ways to win. The magical/physical armor on every enemy makes it possible. If you smashed their armor they are able to be stunlocked, which makes for some interesting combinations.

The Bad: These are some minor issues overall, but stil should be talked about.

-Minor bugs with quests. And the questlog can be pretty convoluted at times, so you have no idea what you can do, or must do to finish some quests. (Which can be a good thing if you're into that stuff)

-Your equipment becomes irrelevant pretty fast in later levels so buying new stuff for every character can become tedious at times (which can be bypassed if you have friends and they actually do that on their own).

The difficulty in later levels is pretty uneven. Early into the game it's pretty hard and you will die if you approach a fight the wrong way. In later levels it's getting to the point where it's pretty much impossible to die if you know what you're doing. Luckily you can change the difficulty, so it becomes more challenging.

In conclusion:

This game is a loveletter to anyone who likes RPGs. The goods heavily outweigh the bads in this game. This game shackled me to my computer for hours on end.
    I implore you don't pirate this game, the developers deserve your money, you can see their love for games in every fiber of this game.
    This game is a masterpiece and should be treated as such.
    Buy this game you if you even slightly like games, you will not regret it.
  12. Sep 14, 2017
    Larian continues to release this quality with Divinity: Original sin 2! If you enjoyed Original sin, you will love Original sin 2. Larian took an already great game and improved it in just about every possible way. The story is great, the graphics are breathtaking, the game is fully voice acted. Heck, there is even a game master mode you can use to create your own story for your friends toLarian continues to release this quality with Divinity: Original sin 2! If you enjoyed Original sin, you will love Original sin 2. Larian took an already great game and improved it in just about every possible way. The story is great, the graphics are breathtaking, the game is fully voice acted. Heck, there is even a game master mode you can use to create your own story for your friends to play through pen and paper style!

Once you have had your fill of the default game mode, there is still more! The game supports extensive modding providing players with the tools to create your own mods. Because of the mod support you can rest assured that the modding community will have a hay day with this game and share their creations with everyone!

Im hard pressed to find a single thing i dont care for in this game, it is practically flawless, and worth every penny of the $45 you pay for it. this is a must buy for ANY RPG fan.
  13. Sep 18, 2017
    Others have said it but I'll say it again--this game is a damn-near masterpiece. But what makes the game particularly exceptional is the people who made it: Larian Studios. They're bursting at the seams with passion, and the honesty, consistency, and humor with which they ran their Kickstarter campaigns set the standard for how Early Access should be handled. They're the sort of people youOthers have said it but I'll say it again--this game is a damn-near masterpiece. But what makes the game particularly exceptional is the people who made it: Larian Studios. They're bursting at the seams with passion, and the honesty, consistency, and humor with which they ran their Kickstarter campaigns set the standard for how Early Access should be handled. They're the sort of people you want to see succeed and, with this series, it seems they'll finally get the recognition they deserve. Expand
  14. Sep 22, 2017
    As far as RPGs are concerned this lands in my top 5. It ticks all the boxes. The writing, characters, combat, environments(man the environments! Double Rainbow!), voice acting. A rich, detailed and beautiful world. The game sets you loose right away with many different options for handling every situation. This creates a true sense of freedom. Give this game your undivided attention andAs far as RPGs are concerned this lands in my top 5. It ticks all the boxes. The writing, characters, combat, environments(man the environments! Double Rainbow!), voice acting. A rich, detailed and beautiful world. The game sets you loose right away with many different options for handling every situation. This creates a true sense of freedom. Give this game your undivided attention and take your time with it and you will be rewarded greatly! A true work of art! Expand
  15. Sep 15, 2017
    It came as no surprise to me that this game will garner a high amount of praise from my fellow gamers. Even in Alpha stage it was already a brilliant RPG. Bugs have been squashed, story tightened and now we have a gem in our hands.
    I liked the tag system, I liked the conversations that change entirely when you take control of one of your companions, which are all interesting, I enjoyed the company of The Red Prince and Fane, I liked the highly polished story more focused with less silly dialogues, the beautiful graphics and scenery; the game is well optimized for PCs and the voice acting is brilliant. But above all I liked the fact that Larian didn't dumb down the game mechanics that are pretty solid. The only negative I can think of is the inventory who could use a bit of work as it stands I find it messy and unintuitive.
    In short the devs improved on the first Original Sin game in every aspect and pour out their souls in this game that deserves high praise for the degree of respect and professionalism showed by the studio. Great RPG, one that will go down as classic and quite possibly the only one deserving of Game of The Year so far. So if you have 45 bucks , this would be money well spent, if only to enjoy the highly addictive co-op in a game that lasts more than 55 hours.
  16. Sep 18, 2017
    Dos1 was already very very good, but dos2 is even better. True, there are bugs, but which game is bugfree 4 days after launch (esp when as complex as this pearl) - and Larian is known for fixing issues and supporting a game a long time. No worries there. If you like dos, bgee, poe or similar, buy this game now, you wont regret
  17. Sep 16, 2017
    Вторая часть Divinity original sin превосходит первую часть буквально во всем. Современная графика с отличной оптимизацией, полностью переработанный интерфейс, более расширенная и углубленная RPG система (отдельно хочется отметить прокачку она стала намного удобнее и интереснее), искусственный интеллект неписей именуемый в данной части как A.I. 2.0 работает превосходно (боты ведут себяВторая часть Divinity original sin превосходит первую часть буквально во всем. Современная графика с отличной оптимизацией, полностью переработанный интерфейс, более расширенная и углубленная RPG система (отдельно хочется отметить прокачку она стала намного удобнее и интереснее), искусственный интеллект неписей именуемый в данной части как A.I. 2.0 работает превосходно (боты ведут себя более реалистично, хотя полной симуляции жизни они так и не получили, однако воровство теперь не проходит бесследно для игрока). Спутники это вообще отдельная история, они теперь настоящие личности каждый со своей личной историей, целью и мотивацией, взаимоотношения с ними зависят не только от предпочтений игрока и совместных диалогов, но и от действий в игровом мире и реакции спутника на них. Музыкальное оформление в игре теперь полностью оркестровое и адаптируется к действиям игрока в зависимости от того, где и в какой локации он находится, музыка просто божественная!!! В общем игра изобилует множеством других больших и малых изменений и нововведений буквально в каждом игровом аспекте. В заключении хочется сказать, что Larian studios не изменяет себе и продолжает делает умные, интересные, проработанные и осовремененные RPG игры при этом привнося в них что-то новое. Divinity original sin 2 однозначно лучшая RPG 2017 года и одна из лучших RPG на все времена. Expand
  18. Sep 16, 2017
    Divinity: Original Sin 2

If you loved the first game, are into Crpg's or like Xcom style combat. Then this is a MUST. Sequel to Divinity : Original Sin and newest entry into the divinity franchise. And oh boy, is it good. The game is for starters is a huge improvement to the first game. But thats not the only thing, DoS 2 competes with baldurs gate for beeing one of the (if not
    Divinity: Original Sin 2

Sequel to Divinity : Original Sin and newest entry into the divinity franchise.
    But thats not the only thing, DoS 2 competes with baldurs gate for beeing one of the (if not THE) best Crpg i have played.
    Do i dare say, that annyone can play.

DoS 2 captures everything what a RPG must be, the pen and paper feel in this game is outstanding.
    The TBS battles are so well implemented.
    No hand holding, no second tries. Just how i freakin love it.
    The PvP and DM mode are the cherry on the cake.
    They give you so much more options to play this master piece of a game.

It runs perfect, constant 60 fps.
    Everything feels flued.
    The amount of dialouge options makes my mouth water. reading the amazing parts of lore and dialouge.
    The voice acting is TOP notch, the narator is a perfect addition.
    I can't find annything bad about this. I have craved for a amazing crpg for years.
    Don't get me wrong, i love tyranny, Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland, Shadowrun, torment, etc.
    and i stil play the infinity engine games. But by the gods, this game just blew them out of the water.
    From soundtrack to gameplay, this game is a masterpiece.

And in my opinion stands tall allongside the great Crpg's of old.
    divinity original sin 2 just became my all time RPG to play.

Thank you Larian studio's.
  19. Sep 15, 2017
    If this one isn't a 10 in your book, there are no 10's in your book (or you simply aren't a fan of this type of game at all). If you like RPGs or turn based games, this is simply one of the best. The most innovative game I've played in a long, long time.
  20. Sep 15, 2017
    If you liked Original Sin 1, you'll love the sequel. Better gfx and sound. Tons of side quests and a great plot. Bags are easier to use. Enemies range greatly in their abilities and strategies. A+
  21. Sep 15, 2017
    Larian Studios have basically improved on every aspect of the first game; gameplay, graphics, story, voiceacting, music etc. In addition, the ability to play as Undead provides a whole new experience, which will ensure that replayability goes through the roof. If you loved the original, you will enjoy this game even more. An instant classic.
  22. Sep 15, 2017
    If you like sleepless nights and tabletop RPGs, this is for you. It may very wellI be the best RPG I have ever played! Went from totally disliking turn by turn combat, to being the ambassador of this combat style. I absolutely love this game!
  23. Sep 16, 2017
    The game is a fantastic successor to the previous game. Improving on the previous game more that i assumed possible. They have broken up the Linear nature of the previous game a bit, and successfully added new classes that not are not only fantastic in there own right, but complement the existing classes fantastically. The only criticism i have for the game is the inventory system is aThe game is a fantastic successor to the previous game. Improving on the previous game more that i assumed possible. They have broken up the Linear nature of the previous game a bit, and successfully added new classes that not are not only fantastic in there own right, but complement the existing classes fantastically. The only criticism i have for the game is the inventory system is a little clunky, but the game is otherwise flawless. Expand
  24. Sep 14, 2017
    A truly wonderful game, fans of older more intricate RPGs and returning fans of the first "Divinity: Original Sin" will instantly recognize the feeling of diving into a very finely built world, full of hidden flavor and with minimal hand-holding. The game at release does have its share of occasional bugs, but so far during my playthrough I've yet to encounter anything truly immersion andA truly wonderful game, fans of older more intricate RPGs and returning fans of the first "Divinity: Original Sin" will instantly recognize the feeling of diving into a very finely built world, full of hidden flavor and with minimal hand-holding. The game at release does have its share of occasional bugs, but so far during my playthrough I've yet to encounter anything truly immersion and game breaking. This sequel really does feel like an improvement over its previous entry, tweaking and innovating where needed, while maintaining the features that made the series a must buy for fans of the genre. Expand
  25. Sep 15, 2017
    Can't....stop....playing. Truly a spectacular game. Like the previous entry, it takes a bit to warm up but once it does, you don't want to stop. Level difficulty is almost dark souls like for anything above explorer mode. Even in explorer mode, it feels like normal difficulty. Some people are torturing themselves with tactician mode on their first playthrough.....
  26. Oct 20, 2017
    Great game...everything we wanted from Fallout 4 and we don't have it...OMG, THIS GAME MAKE RPG GREAT AGAIN!.....this game is a classic.
    .......................................................................
  27. Dec 1, 2017
    One of the best RPG games ever. The old-school style might be strange to some people but you should definitely look past that because it's a great gaming experience. The pre-made characters are incredibly interesting but creating your own character is equally worth it. The game itself has huge replay-ability due to the fact that the story is based mainly on what you decide to do both inOne of the best RPG games ever. The old-school style might be strange to some people but you should definitely look past that because it's a great gaming experience. The pre-made characters are incredibly interesting but creating your own character is equally worth it. The game itself has huge replay-ability due to the fact that the story is based mainly on what you decide to do both in the main and the secondary quests. It certainly lives up to it's predecessor. Expand
  28. Dec 3, 2017
    This game is ssssoooo good!
    Everything is well thought and they keep updating it, making it better.
    Special bonus for the battle phase and everything you can do around it.
    even when a fight seems desperate, there's 100 ways to succeed.
    It's been a while since i enjoyed a game like this one!
  29. Nov 21, 2017
    One of the best games I have ever played. Reminds me of old school text based RPGs, MUDS, Ultima, and D&D and Diablo. Total freedom in leveling old school style including choosing your own stats and skills, but a whole new level in tactical combat. Not only is combat a joy, but the story and writing is reminiscent of Baldur's Gate. Adding a good narrator voice and excellently writtenOne of the best games I have ever played. Reminds me of old school text based RPGs, MUDS, Ultima, and D&D and Diablo. Total freedom in leveling old school style including choosing your own stats and skills, but a whole new level in tactical combat. Not only is combat a joy, but the story and writing is reminiscent of Baldur's Gate. Adding a good narrator voice and excellently written dialogue and voice actors takes this to another level. in a generation this will be a classic of gaming. I'm truly inspired, didn't know great games were still possible. Expand
  30. Aug 18, 2018
    Divinity 2 dethrones Baldur's Gate 2 as the all time great RPG. Value for money is already off the charts and with the Definitive Edition upgrade due August 31, 2018, it will be even better.
  31. Sep 10, 2018
    Someone already said hours feels like minutes playing this game but its true. I have never written a review on a game until now but I am forced to with this game. My wife absolutely hates this game because it tares our marriage apart. I want to lock my self in a room and play this game for 24 hours a day. Thinking about quitting my job, getting a divorce, giving HJs for food money andSomeone already said hours feels like minutes playing this game but its true. I have never written a review on a game until now but I am forced to with this game. My wife absolutely hates this game because it tares our marriage apart. I want to lock my self in a room and play this game for 24 hours a day. Thinking about quitting my job, getting a divorce, giving HJs for food money and playing this the rest of my life. Nicely Done Larian Studios. Hurry up and make another Expand
  32. Jan 26, 2018
    _PROS_
    This Game was made with LOVE,
    No Lootboxes -> CHECK, NO DLC's -> CHECK, I spend over 200€ in Kickstarter -> CHECK, BEST RPG of the Year (in Germany) -> CHECK, BEST PC Game 2017 -> CHECK, Spend over 100 Hour -> CHECK, Quick Save/Load button -> CHECK, 4 Player COOP -> CHECK, Controlls -> For Mouse greate, but the Xbox Controlls can be much better, Presentation -> Always
    _PROS_
    Controlls -> For Mouse greate, but the Xbox Controlls can be much better,
    Presentation -> Always very harmonious and varied,
    Soundtrack -> Fantastic,
    Story -> Greate background stories, sometimes better than the mainstory,
    Balance -> Perfect balanced but too many players as my friends are too stupid for that ^^,
    Gameplay Freedom -> OVER 9000!!!,
    Skilltree -> Perfect,
    Mods and Workshop Support -> CHECK,

_CONS_
    German language -> Unfotunately only Text,
    Bugs -> Only 2 crashes,
    Overlay -> A bit too oldschool controllable,

_RESULT_
    For such a small game, there are so many complex features that will be removed in the other games. The game evidences how such a small development team can create such a gigantic game world with a permanently varied atmosphere and the greatest freedom of play offers. Although I hate reading because my English is horrible, I've never been so deeply absorbed in lyrics as the game. I usually hate round-based games too, but the game could turn my hate into love and that's why I gave it 10 points.
  33. Feb 18, 2018
    What an excelent game! A lot of game is outside of usual story-mode, and there are huge perspectives, and hours and hours of fun time with friends.
  34. Nov 14, 2017
    Wow this game is a huge improvement on the last one, so much more comfortable to play, no more reading encyclopedias to get useless information. The story is actually something you can play through and not read through. The new combat system is good but maybe not an improvement. I still enjoy it and its definitely better than most other games in that regard let alone in this year. My onlyWow this game is a huge improvement on the last one, so much more comfortable to play, no more reading encyclopedias to get useless information. The story is actually something you can play through and not read through. The new combat system is good but maybe not an improvement. I still enjoy it and its definitely better than most other games in that regard let alone in this year. My only real complaint is the difficulty system, I wanted to play something challenging but instead when you change for a higher difficulty instead of harder and smarter they choose cheating. Expand
  35. Mar 30, 2018
    Easily the best RPG of 2017 and possibly next year as well. There's honestly nothing bad you can say about this game unless you were nitpicking about insignificant details. Normally, a game never deserves a full 10/10 unless the reviewer is just overhyping it, but this game really takes the Oscar home. It's just that good. It has significantly raised the bar for turn-based roleplay RPGs.Easily the best RPG of 2017 and possibly next year as well. There's honestly nothing bad you can say about this game unless you were nitpicking about insignificant details. Normally, a game never deserves a full 10/10 unless the reviewer is just overhyping it, but this game really takes the Oscar home. It's just that good. It has significantly raised the bar for turn-based roleplay RPGs.

Building off of the original game's success, this sequel is not much different, but it certainly has a lot more variety and exploration. This game is immensely long (I'm about 100 hours into it so far and I'm only about halfway through), which is a surprise. It is so well done that it constantly keeps you hoping for the journey never to end. It is jam-packed with content that makes you enjoy spending hours perfecting your characters and exploring every nook and cranny.

Although the game "lacks" replayability, the sheer amount of content easily makes the game last as long as say, all ten Path of Exile acts. I am curious why this game doesn't have endgame map running, though. It would've been easy to implement. Hopefully modders can develop something similar to map running.

This game is best enjoyed with mods installed, even for new players. I highly suggest the faster run speed mod at the very least, because the movement in the base game is incredibly slow and will easily make you hate the devs for it (honestly, what a horrible game design decision). Nevertheless, the game is incredibly balanced and there is plenty for you to do, with or without additional mods installed. Avoid the extra monster mods unless you want the game to become masochistically hard!

The game has a very strong emphasis on roleplay and decision-making. Obviously, the safe way to play is to avoid antagonizing too many people, but of course, nobody is stopping you from doing so. You will be punished for mistakes and "misfires" in battle, so be sure to save often. None of your characters are locked to a particular type of hero, so feel free to experiment and change up builds as you see fit.

This game is mostly non-linear, which means that you have the freedom to explore as you please and to complete quests in whichever order you wish. No portions of the map are "hard-locked" as long as you know how to access them. I encourage you to forge your own path in the game.

The multiplayer in this game has not changed from its prequel; you designate some heroes for your friend(s) to use and they're free to do whatever they like without being locked to the host's progression. Occasionally you may have to wait on your friend if they initiate a conversation with an NPC and you are looking to progress further, but that's within expectation. It's a minor inconvenience at the beginning of the game when players are just starting off and not much is going on.

One thing I will add is that I believe the game is best played alone or with experienced players only, unless both you don't mind your friend(s) figuring things out for the first time. Because the game is massive (we're talking Skyrim-tier), you and your friend(s) are going to be playing one of the longest sessions ever in the history of co-op games. Luckily, you can save the game and resume it at any time, with or without your friend(s). The game can swap between single and multiplayer at any time.

All in all, you will easily get more than double your money's worth for this game. This game will absolutely make you crave other RPGs to play once you've beaten it. Prepare to pull all-nighters playing this game non-stop, as you'll never want to quit until you've beaten it. Which won't happen for a long time.
  36. Jan 31, 2018
    I’ll keep his short and just say that I truly love this game. It really is phenomenally good. Try it.
  37. Jan 21, 2018
    This game is absolutely phenomenal. Don't expect boringly annoying MMORPG quest style, bring me 10 of this, kill this or fetch this. Every quest has it's own background story to discover, you are like detective in amazing world uncovering it's secrets. And what's more important, you do want discover, because you actually care. You care for your companions, for every single NPC in game, forThis game is absolutely phenomenal. Don't expect boringly annoying MMORPG quest style, bring me 10 of this, kill this or fetch this. Every quest has it's own background story to discover, you are like detective in amazing world uncovering it's secrets. And what's more important, you do want discover, because you actually care. You care for your companions, for every single NPC in game, for fate of whole Rivellon. You want help them in their suffering. Every choice does matter. Many times I was totally awed, saying to myself "WOW" in undertone. Literally. Plot twists, exceptionally entertaining combat which does not start to bore after a while (as in another games), nonrestrictive character creations where you can mould your party in anything you want, interesting world where you can wander however you want... This game is masterpiece from the start, to the end. Divinity sin 1 was great, his younger brother is three times better. Go and play this game! .-) Expand
  38. Sep 8, 2018
    8.4 what the hell, this game must take 9.5 its treasure and the hidden gem, some 188 dumb ass mfk take negative what wring with you guy ?
  39. Nov 11, 2018
    The best RPG game I've ever played, possibly the best game I've ever played overall.
  40. Dec 25, 2018
    The first review i'm ever writing. This Game made me feel as part of a crew defighting evil forces.
    It was a huge plaesure to collect experiences with my selected people.
    I hopefully wish Larian Games won't finnish this beautiful series with this part and they keep inviting adventures, around the Lore of Godwoken against the Void surrounding everything, Farewell dear Larian, and
    It was a huge plaesure to collect experiences with my selected people.

Farewell dear Larian, and hopefully till next time!
  41. Jul 9, 2019
    I am playing again this game, and i have to say that it is a master peace. Thanks Larian for your work, and i wish you good luck with Baldurs Gate 3, we will be waiting with impatience!
  42. Dec 7, 2018
    I've been playing sense this game was in steam early access and have logged in hundreds of hours. The dynamic combat system is amazing and the level progression system is the best in any game I've played if you want a more classic style RPG progression. The crazy amount of skills available for your (and your enemies) use is somewhat overwhelming. The variety in builds that are completelyI've been playing sense this game was in steam early access and have logged in hundreds of hours. The dynamic combat system is amazing and the level progression system is the best in any game I've played if you want a more classic style RPG progression. The crazy amount of skills available for your (and your enemies) use is somewhat overwhelming. The variety in builds that are completely viable in this game is astounding. I've found myself replaying the game time and time again (solo) just to try different builds. This game is a solid 8.5/10 for solo play if you enjoy a challenge and want more tactical combat but throw in a buddy or two or three and it becomes a near perfect game. Competitive questing is a very unique experience that I have otherwise never had outside of this game. You can do one quest together and then the next against one another with competing goals. Your completion means they fail. However, it doesn't make you enemies forever. You, as players, can decide when to work together or not. Personally, this is my favorite game of probably the last 8 or so years. It isn't perfect with their controller menu's not being the best and the inventory can be off putting to some but mods not only add soooooo much content (Seriously, there are like 15 really solid "class" mods that add skills out the wazoo!) so I thought about giving it a 9/10 but honestly, the parts of the game that make it soooo good are simply breath takingly amazing so I had to give it a 10/10. First 10/10 I've ever given on a review. Expand
  43. Sep 27, 2019
    The best RPG you'll ever play, bar none. i have a total of 500 hours play time on this game, and still play it to this day. Never had more fun with a single player game. There are so many things to see and do in this, and so many different ways to see and do them.

This is the definition of "RPG".
  44. Feb 1, 2018
    An amazing game from start to finish.. the amount of quest lines that are actually interesting as apposed to filler in most other RPG's is crazy..

This game is not for everyone.. it's not D3 running around destroying everything and gaining loot, it is however a methodical masterpiece in every sense of the phrase.
  45. Dec 4, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best Tactical RPG in recent years is how i would describe this game in one sentence. The isometric view might not be everyone's cup of tea, and before playing the Divinity Original Sin, neither was mine, once you get past the view you start appreciating game even more. It's beautiful in terms of graphics as far as these kind of games are considered, not something ultra realistic, but very much true to being a fantasy world. This year they introduced origin characters, which have their own personal missions, it's nice additions on top of the first game's follower quests. Its a shame only 4 of 6 could be there after act 1, so gives some sort of replay ability in terms of followers alone and there's the standard replay ability of main quest itself based on your actions, also depending on who you are as a main character out of the 6 origin characters, the dialogues and world interactions differ, which is very nice. There's also option to create generic main character to your liking but frankly speaking it's really not required these 6 characters cover every base. The combat is an improvement over the predecessor, the additional focus on source and some interesting elf mechanic of reliving the final moment of the dead is refreshing albeit the way this is achieved is a bit gross :P

The choices ar meaningful and have big impact on the gameplay. some of the dialogue choice leads to combat killing important NPCs gives more weight to the choices. the turn based combat is encouraging for cross class combos, allows you to plan the combat carefully.

Main story is very good from the get go, you feel a bit lost initially if you are not familiar to the lore but game does keep notes about important things in the world as part of journal entries.

A nice thing and not related to game itself but very important thing in the era of EA and ubisoft madness is there is practically no DRM. Its nice to have developers like Larian and CD Projekt Red in the era of profiteering at the expense of consumer interest and bad PC ports. Wish Devs understand that most pirates won't be their buyers if there's aggressive DRM that's not easily crackable, only small portion of them would buy that game, otherwise Witcher 3 would not have sold in millions. If a game is well made a lot of people will buy it. So there is more to gain by making a solid game than deploying a solid DRM on top of an average game. A DRM in the end consumes same resources that the game is running on and will always have a performance impact the more complicated it gets. so yeah you might gain 10-15% additional sales but if the game were better these numbers could turn into multiple times.
  46. Nov 9, 2019
    Best RPG i Have ever played. The music, the quests, the variety of skills. So many different options to play it. The history. Everything. It's very challenging even in classic mode.
  47. Jul 16, 2019
    I truly love this game, it's beautiful and very challenging, that has a very emotional and at times a humoured story. The best part is I can play this with my son as I honestly can't play PC games alone.
    No game is entirely perfect, the only things I'd change is the number bloating, excessive need to loot and the shops need more variety specifically equipment. I highly recommend this game.
  48. Nov 15, 2017
    An immense game that's perfect for every player with too much free time and love for Open World RPG's. You've seen the themes before, but never as much pushed to the edge as in Divinity: Original Sin II.
  49. Dec 21, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Easily the greatest game I think I've ever played. It's simply breathtaking the sheer amount of thought and care that went into this opus magnum of video games. So many other recent rpg's have completely missed the point of playing an rpg, they exchange the magic and wonder of discovery and roleplay for a focus on nothing but lame ass equipment systems and numbers. While that is fun and is also a part of this game to a degree, that can detract from the magic of losing yourself in a another world.

Quests aren't some box on the screen telling you to kill 10 goblins or retrieve a magic sword. They aren't visit x location and collect y. In this game they simply are. A quest might be the turtle in the cellar bemoaning it's unrequited love of a rat rhetorically. It might be as simple as stumbling across a couple of ensorcelled cows claiming to be human or as grand as stealing a warship and escaping a prison island. But never will you be asked to accept a quest yes or no, you simply do. You simply talk to the inhabitants of this magical world as if they were actually human and lose yourself in its splendor.
  50. Mar 14, 2018
    A masterpiece of the gaming industry at all times. If you want to immerse yourself in a stunning RPG world created by people who love creativity and not money, then you simply have to play this game
  51. Mar 13, 2019
    I don't know why but i've never played cRPG before DOS II and I lost so much...
    So this game is one of the best experience I've ever had.
    You guys must play this game if you really love RPG games. The Masterpiece.
  52. Apr 17, 2019
    This game is MUCH better than the previous installment. I played and completed D:OS1 but after Cyseal it became very uneven. Some parts were very nice but I'd say about half of the mid- and endgame content in D:OS1 was garbage (and no the Enhanced Edition didn't fix it).

In D:OS2 everything is improved: - The story is more interesting. I don't want to spoil any details. Just consider

In D:OS2 everything is improved:

- The story is more interesting. I don't want to spoil any details. Just consider the best part of D:OS1 (solving the murder mystery) and imagine that the story in D:OS2 easily surpasses it and doesn't suffer constantly from immersion-breaking humor.

- The addition of companion origins means that every story companion is much more than just a mercenary with some quirks and a personal quest. Companions are now involved in everything. Dialogues with many NPCs change dramatically depending on who from your party talks to them.

- Quests have more than one solution making it easy to role-play what you want. Additionally, dialogues are well-written - you are never forced to choose between breaking character and saying something stupid.

- The new physical/magical armor mechanic adds lots of depth to the combat system. D:OS1 was lacking in terms of depth because it was way too easy to cheese encounters by stacking initiative, summons and crowd control abilities. Now a 1-point investment in summoning is much less profitable and crowd control effects are blocked by armor until you break it. Combined with the round-robin initiative system, this means you generally can't stunlock all enemies before they get a chance to hit you.

- There is a ton of abilities to choose from and no more stifling limits on how many of those you can learn. However, you still need to choose which ones you want to memorize which adds tactical depth. An ability can be extremely useful in one fight but meh/useless (or just too dangerous to use) in another fight.

- The game is beautiful. D:OS1 looked too cartoony to my taste and having so few armor models (and even fewer decent ones) was very annoying. The only thing I found visually unappealing in D:OS2 was elven armor, but I quickly found a mod that replaced it with other armor models.

- Most of voice acting is well-done. D:OS1 was full of intentionally distorted cringe-worthy voices and honestly earned criticism in that regard. Larian has learned the lesson.

Be warned that on the highest difficulty the early game can be pretty slow as the fights are tough. Especially if you don't cheese it by playing four overpowered physical fighters but instead make a party of all mages like a pro.

P.S I've read some negative reviews and... how to put it without offending anyone... the fact that people can be so dim makes me sad. You give a game less than 5/10 and you don't have anything relevant to say about why you didn't like it?
  53. Aug 23, 2018
    A glorious and triumphant addition to the fantasy-RPG family containing masterfully executed game-play, a deep, rich lore and beautiful aesthetics accompanied by an incredible musical soundtrack. In a world where the video-game industry continuinally churns out tiresome, uninteresting manure like an overfed cow, Larian Studios finally delivers an extensive (and I mean, very extensive!)A glorious and triumphant addition to the fantasy-RPG family containing masterfully executed game-play, a deep, rich lore and beautiful aesthetics accompanied by an incredible musical soundtrack. In a world where the video-game industry continuinally churns out tiresome, uninteresting manure like an overfed cow, Larian Studios finally delivers an extensive (and I mean, very extensive!) co-op campaign filled with ridiculous strategic depth, head-tilting puzzles and riddles, and a whole host of moral dilemmas to test your very customized characters.

Of course, no game can ever truly be perfect, but as far as I'm concerned, Divinity: Original Sin II is about as close as a developer can hope to get. There are some balancing issues, the occasional bug, and some strange tactical decisions by the AI, but overall the game is a must-have for any man, woman or dwarf that enjoys a strong, well-established fantasy setting and turn-based combat that requires critical thinking, finesse, and a just a pinch of explosive creativity.

As a small note, a very small minority of buyers beware: the story is a bit wacky and may not be the most serious at times. If you're looking for 12 hours of grueling, dark, humorless plot, you may be disappointed. For most prospective purchasers, this shouldn't be an issue.
  54. Nov 21, 2018
    This is a great game. havent loved a RPG in this way since Baldur's Gate II a long time ago. 10/10, go and buy
  55. Feb 25, 2019
    10/10 masterpiece, the kids will cry because even with youtube guides the game is hard.
  56. Oct 25, 2019
    Divinity Original sin 2 is not only one of the greatest rpg's of all time but one of the greatest games of all time and i don't make that statement lightly . i have fallen so far in love with this game that iv restarted it a total of 5 times while still playing my main playthrough and didnt get bored.

Story: the main story has a lot to unpack and has a lot of variation to it depending on who is in your party , what type of character you play as , who you play as , your choices , etc etc. But it always has to do with your ascent to divinity and has lots of twists and turns through out and the ending even surprised me my first playthrough. each character has their own stakes in the main story as well as reasons for wanting to ascend, sabiele , loshe , ifan ,fane, the red prince and beast are all interesting characters and its sad you can only take 3 with you because they are all great characters .
    Story: 10/10

World building: the world is amazing , it feels so lived in , everything seems to be thought of and the world just makes sense ( even when it dosen't) the world sets its rules and abides by them , even to the fact that alot of the moves enemy's use the player can use. the politics and religion makes sense , hell even the final bosses motivations make sense , characters know one another and have personal relationships out side of your control and this helps make the world feel lived in as well as makes the characters feel like people , not to mention the MASSIVE amount of lore.
    World building: 10/10

Graphics: this game is not that old but none the less it looks great, a veil of realisam over the very fantasy esce style of the first DOS game and this game is much more violent and grotesque especialy with the voidwoken being starship trooper like insects at times. the partical affects and moves details all shine and pop and there is so much detail in just the smallest things. animations are fluent and landscapes are breathtakeing.
    Graphics: 9/10

Gameplay: the gameplay is tactical and has alot of strategy , i used a summoner, sword and sheild tank , wayfarer and rouge my first playthrough and by the end my wayfarer and rouge died almost instantly in battles so this lead me to re think my stratgy time and time again but i think my team comp is just a bit flawed. elements blend togeather and even things like curses and blessings play a factor in stratgy, putting poison on the ground then lighting it on fire causes an explosion then blessing the fire gives you holy fire . or curseing it gives you cursed fire witch reverses healing spells . and it goes like that , some fights i had to fight multiple times to get a stratagy right for that particular fight. outside of battles it is basicly a dateing simulator , skill and speach check conversational political thriller , i just threw a bunch of words togeather there but what i am reallytrying to say is there is alot to this game on and off the battle feild , crafting , bartering , skills everything has a purpose and iv only explored about half of them.
    Gameplay: 9.8/10

Sound design: the music and incredible extremely memorable and i even went back and listened to it on my own. voice acting was really good considering there is no scene its just dialoge boxes but because of how well somne of the voice acting was i could clearly imagin the emotion on characters faces. sound effects are also top notch
    Sound design: 9.5/10

10+10+9+9.8+9.5=48.3
    48.3/5=9.66/10

The DOS series has become one of my favorites of all time and this is a must play for RPG fans and fans of great story telling alike
  57. Jul 27, 2019
    If I could only recommend one game, it would be this. Such an memorable and incredible game, with countless options.
  58. Sep 23, 2019
    Richtig Geil.
    Richtig gutes PC game. Hab sehr viel Zeit im Spiel verbracht. Die Charaktere sind interessant und faszinierend. Und die Spielwelt ist wunderschön!
  59. Nov 3, 2019
    "For a casual RPG player, this game makes me yearning for more of this type."

The Good: Story/lore, graphic, gameplay, flexibility (character-wise), interesting companions
    The Okay: none
    The Bad: none
  60. Oct 28, 2019
    Incredibly storytelling with a rich and deep, expansive universe of lore to draw from. Unbelievable depth and freedom of choice, absolutely a masterpiece.
  61. Nov 9, 2017
    Divinity Original Sin 2 improve every aspect of original game. There is so many ways to approach quests it's amazing. For someone like me who explore every inch of the map. finding few ways to get to the enemy castle left me speechless. In this game you can be TRULY ANYONE.

Original Sin 2 is a masterpiece. Other companies should learn from them how to make role playing games.
  62. Nov 8, 2017
    Melhor RPG de turno que já joguei.
    História sublime, sistema de combate fantástico e uma liberdade de builds maravilhosa.

Se eu pudesse dar 9,5 seria a nota mais justa. O sistema de iniciativa realmente incomoda um pouco e foi uma decisão feita pela própria Larian.

Obrigado Larian.
  63. Jan 25, 2018
    A marginal improvement over the first Original Sin, but many of the criticisms I had with the first game still remain here. As before, Divinity's combat is its best aspect, with well animated and really fun tactical encounters, made better with the added schools of magic, increased environmental surfaces, source powers and height advantages. Combat is kept varied with numerous enemy typesA marginal improvement over the first Original Sin, but many of the criticisms I had with the first game still remain here. As before, Divinity's combat is its best aspect, with well animated and really fun tactical encounters, made better with the added schools of magic, increased environmental surfaces, source powers and height advantages. Combat is kept varied with numerous enemy types and the ability to respec your characters and class. This is all conducted in a well-realised game world that's beautiful to look at and performs well enough at the recommended spec.

The game offers a vast level of freedom with how you approach the game, though I feel this is a bit of a double edged sword, given how easy it is break certain quests unknowingly when you deviate from the developer's intended progression, or do certain things unconventionally. Some of the quests are also quite buggy, with several journal entries not updating properly, or contradicting the entries from related quests or NPC dialogues. There were also numerous times where quests didn't close as intended or had really strange triggers for quest closure, leading to some confusion as to whether I was missing something or if the game was just acting up (online wiki generally confirmed it was more of the latter). I also experienced a bug related to audio where dialogue volume would randomly become very low, in addition to some other sporadic UI related bugs throughout the game. These bugs themselves were usually quite minor, but having to run into them on occasion certainly dampened the experience.

The UI itself is my other big criticism of Divinity, and pretty much mirrors the complaints I had from the first game with not much improved inventory management, and the annoying auto-addition of items to the hotbar. The UI could be more user-friendly with a dedicated tab for quest items, and the ability to customise and rename backpacks for easier sorting. I also feel like there could be better use of screen space, with certain UI screens made larger to minimise the level of scrolling and to read off information more easily. Tooltips, especially for skills also need to be expanded and made more informative.

With regards to the quality of the narrative, characters and overall writing, my impressions are fairly average. The story is perfectly functional but characterization and the general depth of the writing feels a bit flat and lacking in complexity or any strong themes compared to other modern cRPGS.

Overall rating - 8.2/10
  64. Sep 25, 2018
    One of the best games released the last 10 years maybe. Great story, great RP options, really fun gameplay, option to play with friends, challenging at times, very long game, beautifully made, really feels like the D&D experience. If you're into RPGs, you'll most likely love this game.
  65. Nov 26, 2017
    The best CRPG ever!

The best CRPG ever!

While I started Original Sin a few times and it was boring and boring (before it gets better (: ), this second version is perfectly balanced. Its interesting from the first moment, you dont get alone in areas just breaking vases to collect items, something interesting is happening all the time. The story is entertaining, the people you find on the way are consistent, quests are good, your characters have a good variation to make the game fun to play again. Besides, the 'difficulty levels' also change a lot everything.
    Voice acting is great. Graphics are great (and this is more and more important for me), interface is great, easy to use, intuitive.
    A must for anyone who likes CRPG. And a great option for someone trying to enter CRPG world.
  66. Jun 7, 2019
    Best crpg I have ever played. The studio behind this game is clearly choosing player experience above all else.
  67. Oct 16, 2017
    As video games go, this one is about as good as they can get. The best part about it: It has that great Dungeons & Dragons feel where you are trying to be a hero in a chaotic, terrifying world where all kinds of tragedies are happening and maybe if you're lucky you can do some good deeds, but if you want to survive at all you'll have to make hard choices--the right way to do something isAs video games go, this one is about as good as they can get. The best part about it: It has that great Dungeons & Dragons feel where you are trying to be a hero in a chaotic, terrifying world where all kinds of tragedies are happening and maybe if you're lucky you can do some good deeds, but if you want to survive at all you'll have to make hard choices--the right way to do something is never clear. It also has a ton of options for various difficulty levels that add a lot of fun. And a huge world to explore with a lot of secrets where information and understanding about what is happening is rare and precious. Graphics are pretty.

Bad parts: The writing feels like a really bad translation from French from a person who is really bad at writing. The story is great but the way it's written is awkward. The romance is particularly bad, like they are written by a 13-year-old boy.

Most of the game play time is spent waiting for the party to walk from A to B. Pretty but kind of a waste of time.

Some of the traps will just instantly kill everyone, no chance, no matter what. Also some of the battle difficulty is just wayyy extremely high without any particular warning about how hard the battle will be.

That said, overall, super fun game, just exploring and learning the story and making interesting choices is a lot of fun.
  68. Jan 19, 2018
    I haven't finished this game (last act, about 100 hours in) but I both love and hate is at this point. This game is such a grind but I also feel much of that is self-imposed. You play the game as you want, there are many combat skill combinations and ways to approach quests and dialogue, but that can also lead to a lack of meaningful gameplay when you sort of get how it all runs and areI haven't finished this game (last act, about 100 hours in) but I both love and hate is at this point. This game is such a grind but I also feel much of that is self-imposed. You play the game as you want, there are many combat skill combinations and ways to approach quests and dialogue, but that can also lead to a lack of meaningful gameplay when you sort of get how it all runs and are doing things just to do them because you dont feel super invested in your character. Maybe you'll have a different story than me and some others but I am a bit disappointed. (maybe if i had some mobs to grind against after becoming op that would be fun)

Some other points:
    -narrator is a refreshing way to illustrate dialogue
    -some really funny scenarios pop up throughout the game
    -dialogue can feel campy at times but at the same time comes off as very endearing. its like you are at a rpg game irl hearing ppl act out voices
  69. Feb 11, 2018
    I've loved each and every Larian-game so far. Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity, Dragon Commander, Divinity 2, Original Sin, etc... but Original Sin 2 beats them all. The background stories of the characters are highly detailed, the crafting system is sublime, combat system feels right, the game is littered with the right amount of tongue-in-cheek-moments, etc... In short : Original Sin 2I've loved each and every Larian-game so far. Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity, Dragon Commander, Divinity 2, Original Sin, etc... but Original Sin 2 beats them all. The background stories of the characters are highly detailed, the crafting system is sublime, combat system feels right, the game is littered with the right amount of tongue-in-cheek-moments, etc... In short : Original Sin 2 is now officially my all time favorite game. Expand
  70. Jun 17, 2019
    Very cool very cool very cool very cool very cool very cool very cool very cool very cool
  71. Apr 3, 2020
    The best RPG ever to date. For 3 years I have not lost its relevance, I advise everyone to go through this game and taste the atmosphere in this game
  72. Jan 30, 2020
    This is the best isometric rpg (what we long time players call crpgs) that's ever come out. The mechanics, story, world, chances for interaction etc are all top notch. There's a reason the developer is getting to do Baldurs Gate 3.
  73. May 27, 2020
    This game is a masterpiece in every way. You can invest hundreds of hours and still come back to it thirsty for more. 10 out of 10.
  74. Mar 5, 2020
    Played it for over 300 hours with friends and without. Great game I highly recommend playing it.
  75. Jun 13, 2020
    Divinity Original Sin II is a turn based RPG that has enough complexity and freedom there to carry a 150 hours runtime. The game is just really well polished and developed to be that long without losing focus or detail. My only gripe is that after i finished it i didn't find it that memorable. Yes, all of it was solid and engaging, but it needed more impact to be up there with the best ofDivinity Original Sin II is a turn based RPG that has enough complexity and freedom there to carry a 150 hours runtime. The game is just really well polished and developed to be that long without losing focus or detail. My only gripe is that after i finished it i didn't find it that memorable. Yes, all of it was solid and engaging, but it needed more impact to be up there with the best of the best
  76. 4y4
    Feb 15, 2020
    One of my favorite split screen games! I wish they would make "Original sin III".
  77. Feb 5, 2020
    Amazing game, one of the top RPGs I've ever played (up there with TW3). Amazing story, amazing gameplay, so f**king good! A must buy and a must play!
  78. Jun 22, 2020
    This is the first "turn based" RPG I've ever played. Always been a huge fan of games like Mass Effect, Witcher III, etc. I have to say that this game stands up in quality to those titles. The world building is astounding. I was completely immersed in this world and characters. The combat and builds you can come up with are equally phenomenal. There is a steep learning curve early on, butThis is the first "turn based" RPG I've ever played. Always been a huge fan of games like Mass Effect, Witcher III, etc. I have to say that this game stands up in quality to those titles. The world building is astounding. I was completely immersed in this world and characters. The combat and builds you can come up with are equally phenomenal. There is a steep learning curve early on, but it is so worth it. If you are any type of RPG fan pick this game up and don't look back. Expand
  79. Nov 27, 2019
    Larian captured lightning in a bottle with this game. Through its great story, fan service from the first game, and outstanding combat, this was definitely my best blind buy on the Nintendo Switch. One does not need prior knowledge of the divinity series to understand the game.

1. Combat - Somewhat akin to Fire Emblem. Enemies have magic and physical armor, which act as shields from certain attacks.
    2. Character Progression - Each time a character levels up, there is no change left unnoticed. If a player were to choose the lone wolf perk, they would get 2 points for every 1 point invested into a perk. That is just one example of the Risk-Reward progression.
    3. Story/Humor - By keeping it as spoiler free as possible, the game is about ascending to godhood. This game takes place after the first game, Original Sin 1. The old source king, Braccus Rex, has been defeated and the Magisters (bad guys) outlaw source. An invasion from an otherworldly force bewilders the Magisters into thinking source is bringing the evil. You play as a sourcerer, specifically a Godwoken, one who can ascend into godhood.

Regardless of system, this game is a masterpiece on all. If it’s on sale, it’s a must buy.
  80. Dec 5, 2019
    The Best game! Great game! I spent hundreds of hours in it. That's exactly how you need to do games in this genre!
  81. Dec 13, 2019
    Divinity: Original Sin II is a immersive open-world RPG in which your chooses actually do matter. The side quests are well written and engaging, same goes for the main plot. I really love the (kind of fluid) class system. Picking ranger does not mean you have to stick with only bow and arrow and picking fighter also does not mean that you will not do some elemental magic.
    I really love
    I really love this game for what it is and I hope you will enjoy it the same way I do
  82. Jun 21, 2020
    Очень глубокая , длинная и красивая игра, с очень качественным сюжетом, великолепной музыкой, интересными квестами и шикарно проработанной боевкой. Проработка персонажей тоже 10/10, каждый из основных играбельных микрочелов хорошо раскрыт, хотя все же есть те, кто имеют куда больший вес в лоре (Фейн). Что не понравилось: порой персонажи в игре выглядят максимально по-другому, нежели вОчень глубокая , длинная и красивая игра, с очень качественным сюжетом, великолепной музыкой, интересными квестами и шикарно проработанной боевкой. Проработка персонажей тоже 10/10, каждый из основных играбельных микрочелов хорошо раскрыт, хотя все же есть те, кто имеют куда больший вес в лоре (Фейн). Что не понравилось: порой персонажи в игре выглядят максимально по-другому, нежели в катсценах/обложках ( Себилла), отсутствие автолевелинга, и как следствие - ты не можешь идти куда хочешь на локации, только туда, где тебя не вынесут, как мусор. Очень много багов/абузов игры, в том числе и задуманных самими разрабами ( зеркало на "Госпоже мести"), которое можно использовать бесконечное к-во раз, что позволяет не продумывать прокачку, а просто перекачиваться туда-сюда по ситуации, что заметно упрощает игру. Баги с квестами, причем критические, просто не можешь завершить квест и получить опыт/награду. Ты не получаешь кучу информации и кусков сюжета, если у тебя в пати нет тех или иных персов, т.е. либо переигрывай, либо сосi жепу, так себе идея, сомневаюсь в том, что много людей загорятся перепроходить игру на 100-200ч. Также с пониманием приходит то, что необходимо набирать лвл, и как следствие ты опять же не можешь делать , что хочешь, ты делаешь все. чтобы прокачать лвл и не отлетать на других локах, что опять же говорит не в пользу отсутствия автолевелинга. В общем и целом, в рамках жанра абсолютный шедевр, за рамками же просто очень и очень крепкая игра, попробовать которую скорее стоит, чем наоборот. Expand
  83. Jan 29, 2020
    Игра просто шедевр! еще бы озвучку хотя бы одноголосую было бы еще лучше. 3 раз прохожу
    если будет продолжение точней когда, понадобится донат я готов!!! нет слов описать игру)
    The game is just a masterpiece! even voice acting at least one-voice would be even better. I pass 3 times if there will be a continuation more precisely when, donat is needed, I'm ready !!! no words to describe

if there will be a continuation more precisely when, donat is needed, I'm ready !!! no words to describe the game)
  84. Feb 24, 2020
    10 минут сидел слушал музыку из меню, 30 минут создавал персонажа, умер в середине, а последнее сохранение было 3 часа назад. 10 автосохранений из 10.
  85. Mar 27, 2020
    BEST Cooperative RPG i've ever played. Some mini-games sucks, but the game is in must-play list of every RPG-lover that have friend or two.
  86. Jun 19, 2020
    Best isometric RPG I've ever played. Great combat, great dialog and voice acting. Plot and areas were really fun to play through. Way better than the previous game, even though I enjoyed Divinity: Original Sin a lot as well.
  87. Jun 19, 2020
    Even in 2020, this game is gorgeous, and plays excellently, the best turn based rpg, i cant stop recommending it

Must play
  88. Jun 19, 2020
    I've played thousands of hours of RPGs and this is the best one. Hilarious and immersive, perhaps the best game of the decade.
  89. Jun 21, 2020
    An absolutely amazing RPG with plenty of lovable characters from which to pick your party all with amazing backstory and relevant quests throughout the game. The combat system is fun and versatile given the use of elements and the fun effects they have when combined. One of the top RPGs out there.
  90. Jun 21, 2020
    This game is so wonderful.

When I finally finished it, I just clapped, very few games in history made me do it. This is the time when you know that Larian has surpassed Bioware. This is the best story telling game since The Witcher 3 and one of the best RPG in history. 2017 was an awesome year for gaming, with Zelda BoW and games like this one. If you are an old rpg gamer and
    This game is so wonderful.

If you are an old rpg gamer and enjoyed Baldurs Gate, this is your game.

Music is fantastic, the romance options amazing, the turn-based is challenging, the characters are interesting, the pace of the story is awesome and your decisions in the game matter.

I liked how you can decide if you are evil or not, and you can take deep moral decisions.

Of course, it is not out of problems, for example, It is not a game for beginners as the game is hard really hard if you play it on default difficult. On the other hand, the combat system is not well balanced and it is unfair when you reach high levels.

If Larian can balance Baldur's Gate 3 combat system and make a game like this, we may be before the best RPG in history. Finger crossed.
  91. Oct 11, 2017
    Long Story Short.

This Game has everything and more a Gamer who like this Kind of Games can possible hope for these Days Divinity Original Sin 2. A Game maybe every 10 Years see the Light of Day. Quests, World, Combatsystem. Hidden Mechanics, perfect coop Gameplay. There are countless possibilities in and out of combat to do things. Unlike most Games today, in Divinity
    Long Story Short.

Divinity Original Sin 2. A Game maybe every 10 Years see the Light of Day.

Quests, World, Combatsystem. Hidden Mechanics, perfect coop Gameplay.
    There are countless possibilities in and out of combat to do things.

Unlike most Games today, in Divinity Original Sin 2, you have to use your Brain.
    And thats what this Game is, a no Brainer.
    No Lootboxes, No DLC, No **** Just 100h of pure Fun, made by People who love Games.
    You feel that by every step you make.
    Stop Reading, go to Steam and buy it.
  92. Oct 10, 2017
    Nothing short of a masterpiece! Even at 30 hours in I can say this is one of the very best role playing games I've ever played. A must buy for every CRPG fan!
  93. Oct 13, 2017
    I've spent well over 70 hours playing now and intend to spend many more. This is the best coop experience i've found in a PC game. The game itself is also one of the best, the writing is miles ahead of the first game, the gameply is great and challenging.

Great work on this one Larian.
  94. Oct 14, 2017
    Great game, I enjoy every minut in my travel through acts...I have no bugs, no FPS drops...maybe I am lucky one? Anyway...this is the game witch AAA game company hate most....game with brain.
  95. Oct 24, 2017
    Coming from a gamer that until recently,had never played a CRPG,this game is a revelation,yes it could be challenging to a newcomer,i did find myself fairly lost as to where to go to complete cetain sidequests in Fort Joy,but that area is basically a tutorial area to get you used to the systems.
    Im 58hrs in at the moments and so far only one non-fps game I can remember in the last couple of years to engross me like this was the Witcher 3. If you play games regularly,you need to try this game..
  96. Oct 11, 2017
    The superb sequel of an already great game. The game is so good it's hard not to overlook the small flaws here and there, but for the sake of being honest, I'll list the two biggest for me:

1) "Surfaces", such as poison, water, blood or oil puddles, are the best and worst part of the combat system. Concept is clever and gun, but unfortunately, they are less tactic than in the first one. In Div:OS1, they were a bit less omnipresent and could be a game changer. Here, they are just freaking EVERYWHERE. Half of the skill will produce a surface, and a big one with that. Even things like poison darts thrown at an enemy will create a big puddle at his feet. It became more a pain and an annoyance you struggle to avoid rather that a tactical element you have to plan and think carefully about. Here, it's just a constant mess.

2) The crafting system feels half-assed, even more than in the first one. Sure, you can craft great scrolls and there's still clever combination you can explore, but entire categories of recipe (such as weapons or armor) are useless because the items you craft are ridiculously underpowered compared to what you find every now and then in the game. In Div:OS 1, you had to put a few point in crafting skills such as blacksmith, but could produce useful item and weapons. Here, crafting skills are gone, but I fail to see the point of ever crafting a weapon.

Aside from that, it's a fantastic game that anybody can enjoy, whether you like cRPG or not.
  97. Oct 14, 2017
    Best crpg of the year and one of the best crpg ever...instant classic. Not for cassual gamers. After 80+ hours ingame I want more. And offcourse , must replay with other party :)
    What a refreshment on the scene!
  98. Nov 7, 2017
    An absolute Masterpiece!!

I hated CRPGs in the past and this game changed everything for me...and that's telling you something! CDPR and Larian Studios are the last vestiges of quality RPGs left in the PC gaming world!
  99. Oct 14, 2017
    Pros - world, story, music, characters, rpg elements, cost...
    Cons - some bugs

and now some characters :) .................................................................................................................................................................................
  100. Oct 19, 2017
    Okay so i am not good at writing reviews, in fact, i am not good at writing, i always get the lowest score in my English exams, but on bright side there was this girl who would help me with my writing, i think cause she felt bad for me, i wanted to make her my gf but she already had a bf :(
    Okay enough about me, lets talk about the game, yes the game, so i was looking online on guides on how to write game review on metacritic but to my surprise i found barely any guides at all. One guide suggested to keep my review short and simple, straight to the point. But another guide said list all the pros and cons and give an objective opinion on the game, i did not know which one to follow so my mom suggested i enroll in an english course online. Two weeks later i had completed my online training, i even met a girl there, thought she turned out to be a guy pretending to be a girl. Anyway, now i can finally give this game the review that it deserves.
    It's pretty good.

Universal acclaim - based on 72 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 1, 2018
    If Divinity: Original Sin 2 had only been an enormous single-player RPG, it would still be far better than most of what you could compare it to. The fact that it has such well-implemented co-op and a user-friendly game master mode gives it a tremendous amount of value at a time where such a thing can feel like a rarity. Even if you never touch all of its various components, you'll still be left with a role-playing game that exemplifies the best aspects of its genre.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Feb 16, 2018
    From a great story to a difficult fight, from a beautifully created world to an excellent multiplayer, Divinity: Original Sin II is a unique game offering an unforgettable experience. Despite some mistakes, another RPG giant was born. [Issue#279]
  3. Jan 22, 2018
    For those looking to get into cRPGs, and even for those just searching for a great RPG, Divinity: Original Sin II is heartily recommended. It has all the virtues that fans of the subgenre have extolled and wraps them up in a way that is much friendlier to newcomers than every other title I've tried. Combine that with fantastic writing, a highly engaging combat system, and great design, and you have another standout RPG in a year packed full of them.