7.5

1. mno
    Sep 25, 2018
    It's fun to play the hole and to swallow stuff. Sadly the unique idea isn't utilized to its potential. The puzzles in the themed levels are very easy and the game is rather short. The music is nice. Characters and story are annoying. The game performs badly and in a rare cases the physics engine goes nuts, so, that you need to restart a level.
  2. Aug 30, 2018
    Donut County's short two-hour length is full of delightful humor and cute and charming characters, as well as some unexpectedly clever puzzles spicing up its repetitive gameplay.
  3. Dec 29, 2018
    A delightful yet somewhat safe game.

The game relies very heavily on it's story to make it enjoyable and, luckily for itself, that IS fun and ocasionally, even very funny. I adored BK and Mira, and how they played off one another, and also how every character had a distinguishable personality. Unfortunately, the problem comes with the gameplay and pacing. The game itself feels
    A delightful yet somewhat safe game.

Unfortunately, the problem comes with the gameplay and pacing.

The game itself feels very repetitive. It sticks to a formula for a majority of the game and it doesn't really spice it up until the end. Its structured like this: he characters talk about how BK disturbed their life with the "donut"; we have flashback in which we relive that moment, and repeat, and repeat, and repeat. The game doesn't innovate enough mechanically as these levels repeat themselves, and since there's no challenge, dialogue or character interaction during the levels, it really feels like filler. Outside of it getting a bit puzzly in the end, the game is very straightfoward.

Overall, I think the characters really elevate the game. And if it wasn't for them, and for how undeniably creative the game is, I wouldn't recommend it. But the game is worth a try. It's cheap and even if the game didn't come out great, it is a very lovingly-crafted indie game, and I think everyone should give those a try.
  4. Sep 25, 2018
    Honestly, it was cool the time it lasted, but honestly it's just about as entertaining as your average mobile game in the long run. I suggest you buy this game when it's on sales and ONLY on sales.

1. CD-Action
    Jan 9, 2019
    Core gameplay becomes wearisome with time, but fortunately the game is short (3 hours tops) and the developer tried to vary the levels with additional mechanics. If you need something to make you smile and want to escape from your responsibilities by focusing on simple tasks, this little indie game can be fun. [11/2018, p.72]
  2. Dec 18, 2018
    Sweet design perfectly combined with destructive mischief.
  3. Oct 4, 2018
    Although it's a short experience, Donut County is enjoyable. The base desire to see everything destroyed by a simple, ever-expanding hole overtakes the lack of complicated mechanics, and the story is fun, whether you want something with or without some meaning attached. At the very least, Donut County is an experience that will stick with you for some time.