6.6

1. Oct 22, 2015
    That was pretty fun, I guess. I'll give it another go.

Wow, combos are pretty cathartic. Nice. Okay, one more game.

Holy crap, so many gems... alright, just one more game.

...

just one more game..
  2. Oct 23, 2015
    I bought this game first on PC. I had so much fun with it I purchased it again on my iPhone as soon as I had to leave my PC. If you enjoy fun, buy this game.
  3. Nov 15, 2015
    This is an excellent ARCADE GAME. As in, you play it for 30 minutes, do something else, and come back later. Yes, you will lose every time. Yes, it is unfair. But, every 10th game when you make it to the 3rd level, and every 50th game you make it to the 4th level, your heart will be pumping! And, it has a surprising amount of depth and replayability as you learn how to maximize combos, useThis is an excellent ARCADE GAME. As in, you play it for 30 minutes, do something else, and come back later. Yes, you will lose every time. Yes, it is unfair. But, every 10th game when you make it to the 3rd level, and every 50th game you make it to the 4th level, your heart will be pumping! And, it has a surprising amount of depth and replayability as you learn how to maximize combos, use the different weapons, and choose upgrades in between stages. Really, for $3 this is the best value I've ever gotten from a game.

It surprises me so many low reviews!! Probably kids see the very high metascore, buy it for just $3, and then are frustrated they can't master it immediately. Sheesh, that is the beauty of unforgiving RNG games.
  4. Aug 20, 2016
    This game is nothing more than a snack. It is VERY VERY VERY hard to beat. Really hard. I just spent my ******* 24 hours to beat it and force my willpower but nothing happened.
  5. Mar 24, 2016
    Combo system is addictive for a few minutes, but the game itself is lacking a lot of substance, the roguelike element is simply a cheap way to extend length in what's otherwise a game that has no challenge, the music is uninspired, the graphics are incredibly dull. It's another one of these NES-era inspired games, but not a good one, instead it's the kind you'd rent as a kid afterCombo system is addictive for a few minutes, but the game itself is lacking a lot of substance, the roguelike element is simply a cheap way to extend length in what's otherwise a game that has no challenge, the music is uninspired, the graphics are incredibly dull. It's another one of these NES-era inspired games, but not a good one, instead it's the kind you'd rent as a kid after spending an hour looking at everything else in the store because all the good games were gone, then immediately having your parents take it back for in-store credit for a future rental after playing for 15 minutes and realizing how bad it was. Expand
  6. Mar 16, 2016
    i think everyone can see this is a masterpiece on gaming with its leve design and arcade similarity, having an almost perfect sidescroller videogame for IOs and PC.
  7. Apr 15, 2017
    Fun. Chaotic fun, but fun nonetheless. Insanely difficult. This game's not about "have you beaten it?", it's "how far have you got". It's pretty fun to compare your high score to your friend's high score
  8. Mar 31, 2018
    Downwell is a fun game, that is progressively challenging, but once you've played it for a few minutes, you've basically experienced all the game has to offer in terms of content. There are upgrades and such, but the gameplay is fairly limited, and gets repetitive quite quickly due to this. However, for what it's worth, it is initially a pretty good time killer, and a polished game thatDownwell is a fun game, that is progressively challenging, but once you've played it for a few minutes, you've basically experienced all the game has to offer in terms of content. There are upgrades and such, but the gameplay is fairly limited, and gets repetitive quite quickly due to this. However, for what it's worth, it is initially a pretty good time killer, and a polished game that deserves to at least be checked out. Expand
  9. May 12, 2018
    Downwell is good arcade game, mechanics are simple, but extremely satisfying. It is easy to learn and very hard to master. The game is short but highly replayable.
  10. Feb 25, 2019
    Cast: n/a
    Story: n/a
    Fun: 9/10
    Gameplay: 10/10

Recommended
    ----------------------

This game accomplishes exactly what it wants to accomplish.
  11. Dec 16, 2018
    Pretty fun game for playing in your free times and a pretty good game for playing try hard beacuse is frustrating for complete it but so satisfactory.
  12. Mar 26, 2019
    Downwell feels dreadfully overrated, but from looking at other users, I guess not. It's just a simple experience and despite being procedural generated, manages to feel the same most times you play. So you get random weapons... wow. That's what makes the game addictive, the fact that you MIGHT get something new next time.

1. Jan 4, 2017
    Downwell is an arcade game with purposefully archaic look and Spartan equipment for gaming masochists. Fans of retro, speed run and especially extreme difficulty will be thrilled, others should let their hands off!
  2. Pelit (Finland)
    Sep 28, 2016
    Procedurally-generated levels are the new zombies. The design does not work beyond mobile gaming. [Aug 2016]
  3. CD-Action
    Jan 12, 2016
    You shoot monsters with your shoes while falling at high speed. Why? Because video games, that’s why. [13/2015, p.71]