Advanced in technology, civilized and with a population of billions, Magalan was a planet looking to the future. Then the meteor hit. Those who survived are now trapped in a battle to survive, a struggle to decide the fate of a planet. At the center of this fight is the element "Elex". AAdvanced in technology, civilized and with a population of billions, Magalan was a planet looking to the future. Then the meteor hit. Those who survived are now trapped in a battle to survive, a struggle to decide the fate of a planet. At the center of this fight is the element "Elex". A precious, limited resource that arrived with the meteor, Elex can power machines, open the door to magic, or re-sculpt life into new, different forms. But which of these choices should be the future of Magalan? Can technology, or magic save this world? Or will this new power destroy all those left alive amongst the ruins?
Elex is an action, role-playing open world game for PC and Consoles, developed by Piranha Bytes, creators of the award winning Gothic series and is set in a brand new, post-apocalyptic, Science-Fantasy universe where magic meets mechs.… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Elex - Gameplay Trailer
Oct 25, 2017Magalan, while not always the prettiest to look at (the game isn't much of a looker) is so large and varied that it pulls off the hard-sell on mixing so many different themes into one. Whether it’s the lush forests, the arid deserts, or even the frozen mountains peaks and old world ruins, Elex is a game that I play for the exploration. I kill, I loot, I explore and I'll pick up quests along the way that I pretend I care about. But mostly I'm just aiming for that next big reward until something in the story happens that interests me. If you're someone like me who loves exploring open worlds, you'd be hard pressed to pass Elex up. But if you're looking for the sharpest looking, smoothest playing, go-to because you're finally bored of The Witcher 3, this one may not be for you.
Oct 17, 2017Story, dialogues, characters, world, exploration, climate, soundtrack and quests are incredibly good and enticing. Fight, animation andStory, dialogues, characters, world, exploration, climate, soundtrack and quests are incredibly good and enticing. Fight, animation and graphics are average. I recommend to everybody who likes great stories.… Expand
Oct 25, 2017WARNING: This is a PB game and plays/combat style just like previous Gothic games. If you do not like it you will not like this! It is brutalWARNING: This is a PB game and plays/combat style just like previous Gothic games. If you do not like it you will not like this! It is brutal and you must have patience or it will ruin the game for you.
Now, I have been a fan of the Gothic series since the first, the length and creativity put into Elex is outstanding. Huge world with such a diverse amount of areas in the game world. This is a game I will most likely play through twice to get to see how one of the other factions plays out and that is something I RARELY do. The textures could be a little better but nothing to complain about, they know their audience and with the open world extreme textures would melt their PC. Don't get me wrong I still think it looks good but for 2017 it could be better. I haven't gotten far into the story but am loving it so far. Will most likely play Berserker first then Cleric to dabble in their energy weapons :D… Expand
Nov 30, 2017Atmospheric, Ambient, and mb the best game since Gothic 2.
Elex really good. Not every game can offer you so many choices and blow your mindAtmospheric, Ambient, and mb the best game since Gothic 2.
Elex really good. Not every game can offer you so many choices and blow your mind by this background.… Expand
Oct 18, 2017I'm in love with this game. It has its problems but at the end its great experience and adventure. Fantastic exploration! Maybe too muchI'm in love with this game. It has its problems but at the end its great experience and adventure. Fantastic exploration! Maybe too much styles mixed together in one game. Should have better main story but roleplaying aspect and replayability is strong in this game. Very enjoyable. You should definitely try it!… Expand
Nov 24, 2017Eins Vorweg: Nach nun 70 Std. puren Spielspaßes muss ich sagen DANKE PB !
Nach G1-3 (*hust* 3 erst brauchbar mit Communitypatch *hust*) -Eins Vorweg: Nach nun 70 Std. puren Spielspaßes muss ich sagen DANKE PB !
Nach G1-3 (*hust* 3 erst brauchbar mit Communitypatch *hust*) - den besten Spielen meiner Kindheit -
kam endlich mal wieder ein Rollenspiel was mich gefesselt hat - ELEX.
( Risen 1-3 habe ich nur angespielt, da war gerade eine Zeit mit weniger RPG´s bzw. allgemein zocken - werde sie mir aber jetzt noch im Bundle nachkaufen und ausprobieren )
Die (meist einheitsbrei) RPG´s der letzten Jahre habe ich zwar gespielt, aber viele nur angespielt bzw. nach Stunden die Lust verloren und sie dann liegen lassen oder vielleicht noch mit Zwang durchgespielt.
Bei ELEX fühlte ich mich gleich "PB" mäßig wohl, und war von Anfang an in die Welt Magalan´s reingezogen worden. Der Spaß hörte auch nie auf und ich hätte noch ewig weiterspielen können.
Deshalb freue ich mich jetzt schon riesig auf ELEX2.
Klar hat das Spiel hier und da Ecken und Kanten, aber es hat meinen Spielspaß in keinsterweise verringert:
- Beschreibung des Kältewert auf der einen Seite mit Punkten und ansonsten nur mit Worten, sowie mehrere Skills die Werte erhöhen, aber man nicht sehen kann wieviel und hoch.
- Das GUI und das Inventar fand ich nicht so gut. Hier hätte ich mehr "Liebe" erwartet. z.B. Risen´s Symbole waren da schon besser und am besten sogar noch die gerenderten 3D "Symbole" bei Gothic ;) Anprobe?! Kochen ingame!?
- paar Clipping Fehler -
- Welt nen Tick zu groß, somit mehr leerraum mit gespawnten Random Gegnern und weniger interessante Ecken.
- keine Dunkelhäutige Menschen? Aber vielleicht ist Magalan eine Welt ohne!?
- alle Frauen sahen sogut wie gleich vom Gesicht aus.
~ Kenshin ~… Expand
Feb 4, 2018-Graphics are passable, and unless you are a graphics hog I'd not listen to people parroting that line.
-Wonderful world interactivity. I-Graphics are passable, and unless you are a graphics hog I'd not listen to people parroting that line.
-Wonderful world interactivity. I can sit in chairs and sleep in beds, and interact with other things. Tired of games not having this.
- World map seems large enough. Lots of territory to cover with an easy fast travel mechanic if needed.
- Looting seems satisfactory as there is a good variety of things laying around to pick up and sell. From toilet paper to weapons.
- Animations are quite good. Running looks very good. The character even puts his hand out for balance if they are near a wall or railing. Climbing ladders looks horrible. I'm not sure what people are ranting about in this regard though.
- Jetpack works for getting yourself where you want to be. Nice mechanic.
- Conversation dialogue is more passable than people make it out to be, but it's LONG WINDED. I could have gone through the game's dialogue myself and with time made all the dialogue far shorter and probably more interesting. Hate to think how this probably inflated the devs voice over budget for no good reason.
- Mobs are not a matching level and they do not adjust such as in a game like Skyrim. And it's a problem. You're going to die a lot especially in the beginning and there's nothing you can do about it. Difficulty ranges all over the place.
- STAMINA is BROKEN. The entire awful **** mechanic. I had to cheat and give myself infinite stamina to enjoy the game. All the NPCs have infinite stamina ( they have a stamina bar! It just never lessens ) and you suffer HORRID stamina issues, that interrupt running, fighting, everything you do. And stamina in this game is not even a core attribute. It's not needed. It's a major annoyance.
- leveling your character is abysmally slow. Most people say you have to play this game for about 10 hours before you'll be able to kill much of anything. Ha....HAHAHAHAHA! Oh wait. I found out they're right.
- Often little or no direction. That's because the game doesn't hold your hand! Uh huh. Really it just doesn't provide context or narrative enough ( despite everyone blathering on for hours ).
- Yes the combat is horrendous. Janky. Imprecise. If you're using the stamina mechanic with it? Lmfao! Have to make sure I fight creatures on a flat surface. If I have the high ground advantage and swing my weapon at a monster, I'll swing the weapon over their head because they're standing downhill making them shorter than my swing. Happens very easy.
- Game music is horrendous. It's not music. It's just tones they've recorded that play in the background and might sound like music. I can sit in front of a piano and hit one note too every 3 seconds " Ding........ding........ding ". So amateur.
It's painful to play. You'll be reminded of all the awesome AAA RPGs you've played, and you'll remember how you had more fun and less frustration in them. And the only reason you'll keep playing this, is because you're so very bored with everything else you own.… Expand
Sep 7, 2018This game has set a new standard for how awful games can be.
I have never seen combat this bad. Even the previous Risen games and GothicThis game has set a new standard for how awful games can be.
I have never seen combat this bad. Even the previous Risen games and Gothic games had better melee combat than this. How they managed to **** up this hard is beyond me.
This **** came out after witcher 3, alongside games like Nier Automata and Original sin 2.
It is a disgrace in every aspect of game design and the fact that anyone would charge 60 bucks (on release) for this is insulting to say the least.
Stay away as far as you can even if it only costs 1 Dollar/Euro. Its not worth that much. They literally would have to pay you to play this crap.… Expand