7.3

1. Aug 24, 2020
    Beautiful puzzle game, I made a lot of wallpapers from this game, Lol. Maya's story is too sad, but I like it. Recommend!!!
  2. Aug 24, 2020
    Pretty impressive for a small indie studio. I played the demo and I was impressed. My friend told me to play it because I played Gris and Portal. I'm not sure if you can really compare it as far as gameplay but its a similar kind of feeling. I think Ever Forward is better so far, I am excited to see what the full release will have. overall it's really chill and has a nice balance of makingPretty impressive for a small indie studio. I played the demo and I was impressed. My friend told me to play it because I played Gris and Portal. I'm not sure if you can really compare it as far as gameplay but its a similar kind of feeling. I think Ever Forward is better so far, I am excited to see what the full release will have. overall it's really chill and has a nice balance of making you think hard and letting you relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery. 2 thumbs up and 5 stars from me! Expand
  3. Sep 16, 2020
    These are the important aspects about the game:
    1) The difficulty of the puzzles is from moderate to hard so unless you have an IQ of 150+ you will not find it a walk in the park.
    2) Gameplay has its faults because in several cases you may be close to the solution but it will need an awkward execution. 3) The story is lovely and also very simple so you will not find complex development
    These are the important aspects about the game:
    3) The story is lovely and also very simple so you will not find complex development of characters here.
  4. Aug 29, 2020
    Ever Forward is a game that leaves quite a bit to desired even as a small indie company game. It's game that is trying to marvel in simplicity, but falls short on its puzzle design. The puzzles aren't the hardest this genre has to offer, but the 2nd half was more of an annoyance than an adventure. The game is beautiful to look at and has a very good score to go along side it. The story isEver Forward is a game that leaves quite a bit to desired even as a small indie company game. It's game that is trying to marvel in simplicity, but falls short on its puzzle design. The puzzles aren't the hardest this genre has to offer, but the 2nd half was more of an annoyance than an adventure. The game is beautiful to look at and has a very good score to go along side it. The story is nothing to write home about, but I wish they would have fleshed out the world more. However, with this being a puzzle game I am satisfied that there was a story at all.

I definitely would not recommend this game because I don't think it's very fun. It's great to look at. Except, Ever Forward is a puzzle game and I don't think the puzzles are enjoyable. The 2nd half of the game's puzzles were a massive annoyance. I do believe that Pathea Games can create an amazing puzzle game akin to The Witness or The Talos Principle. Ever Forward is a step in the right direction albeit a very small one.
  5. Aug 19, 2020
    The graphics and music are really great! And the puzzles smartly design! But the only problem is the game is a little bit short and it didn't tell why Maya become like this. Hope the devs team can give more background story about it!

Mixed or average reviews - based on 9 Critic Reviews

1. Oct 23, 2020
    With some quite tricky puzzles, Ever Forward is a rather challenging puzzler. The luscious graphics and lovely soundtrack definitely help the experience, but I’d have liked a bit more game. The pacing is a touch on the slow side too, so not one for the impatient.
  2. PC Games
    Sep 19, 2020
    Ever Forward has so much potential. Due to the unused graphic style and soulful story, developer Pathea could have created a real indie pearl. The gameplay around the frustrating puzzles prevents that, although great puzzles crept in in between, which I was happy to break my head about. At the latest because of the stressful puzzles with time pressure, I often lost the fun of the game. Especially the gravity puzzles at the end are one cramp. It's a shame, it could have been so good ...
  3. Sep 1, 2020
    Ever Forward is a satisfying and pretty puzzle game, with a compelling narrative. However it suffers with being a bit too frustrating at times when the precision required is made difficult with clunky controls.