4.4

1. Oct 31, 2011
    Put simply, Pound of Ground is terrible. Granted, it's an indie game, so maybe some allowance should be made. But then there are dozens of indie games out there far more deserving of the $5 or $10 you were going to spend on this.

Pound of Ground wants to be a third person shooter mixing fast-paced driving and zombie killing, with a dose of corny 50s sci-fi/horror. Instead it's a dog's breakfast. The driving is fun for about 5 minutes. The combat is tedious and repetitive. If you're looking for a non-stop gunfight against the hordes, then look somewhere else. The graphics are downright weird. Not in a 'funky trendy let's be retro' way either. Think 1st year graphic design class, on drugs. And the voice acting ; I would have played on mute, except the subtitles read like they're written by a 4 year old.

I could go on, but what's the point? I wanted to say something nice about this game, because often indie games try so hard, they have heart, even if the final result is below-par. But with this mess you're left with a feeling that the creators just don't care.

Verdict: not worth it even if it's free.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Dec 23, 2010
    I love zombies. Or, more specifically, I love killing them in video games. But it's impossible to stay interested in a title that does just about everything wrong.