4.3

1. Feb 13, 2015
    I can sum up this game in 3 freaking words :

1. Boring 2. Repetitive 3. DLC and an extra 3 words : Not Worth It ! And if you are still unconvinced and willing to risk, then be my guest and help the devs buy another Porsche. In the end you will get bored in 2 hours . I mean totally bored, willing to puke bored of it. But you will force yourself to play for 20 hours so you can
    I can sum up this game in 3 freaking words :

1. Boring
    2. Repetitive
    3. DLC

and an extra 3 words : Not Worth It !

And if you are still unconvinced and willing to risk, then be my guest and help the devs buy another Porsche. In the end you will get bored in 2 hours . I mean totally bored, willing to puke bored of it. But you will force yourself to play for 20 hours so you can feel a bit better about yourself for paying 50$ for a FREE 2 PLAY game.
  2. Feb 14, 2015
    Until this game becomes more than a shopping mall for DLC and actually includes some actual content beyond slight variations on the same map and game mode theme, I wont be purchasing any 2k or Turtle Rock games. Their business model would make Bernie Madoff ashamed. All the paid reviews on the critics side are an illustration of what happens when media becomes a paid spokesperson andUntil this game becomes more than a shopping mall for DLC and actually includes some actual content beyond slight variations on the same map and game mode theme, I wont be purchasing any 2k or Turtle Rock games. Their business model would make Bernie Madoff ashamed. All the paid reviews on the critics side are an illustration of what happens when media becomes a paid spokesperson and advertiser for big money interests.

Even EA and Ubisoft are not anywhere near as arrogant as 2K's CEO when it comes to dealing with their customers. He knows this game has maybe a month worth of life in it before people get bored and that is why they are offering TIME SENSITIVE bonuses that wont be available after 30 days, to ramp up as many sales as possible before they end up having to drop the price to $20 like Titanfall did.
  3. Feb 11, 2015
    At what point do we get to call this a scam?

When a developer makes content for a game. Then removes that content from the game. Charges us FULL price and then tries to sell us the content they removed for more than the cost of the original product?

I think at that point, we get to call the a scam.
  4. Feb 11, 2015
    The concept is good, and the ideas are amazing, yes you need to play with your friends to get the most of it, but still, it is a good game. Does it worth 60$? NO, NOT EVEN 40$. Basically what they did is, they made a full game, and decided to give the half for A FULL PRICE!!, and the other half is ALSO FOR ANOTHER FULL PRICE!!
    Even if the full content was available I'm not sure if it
    Even if the full content was available I'm not sure if it worths 60$, I am not sure if anyone will keep playing it after 1 month.
    I give it 3 because I really hope that people stop buying it, cuz if they got money with this stupid content management, every other publisher might do the same, and then we will be in a huge problem guys::
  5. Feb 11, 2015
    A typical hyped game just like many others (Destiny,Titanfall..etc).
    -Outdated mechanics.
    -Not amazing graphics for a 2015 game. -No Story. -Money Sucking game with all the DLCs and pay 2 win system,a monster for 15$ a skin for 10$ a character for 15$ all that and the game is just released WTF!!!. -Day one patch 3GB (it's your fault for paying them early dumb-heads). -You'll get
    A typical hyped game just like many others (Destiny,Titanfall..etc).
    -Outdated mechanics.
    -Not amazing graphics for a 2015 game.
    -No Story.
    -Day one patch 3GB (it's your fault for paying them early dumb-heads).
    -You'll get bored after a while (Yawn feast).
    -it will be forgotten in a short amount of time.
    +you may enjoy it with your friends but still it's not worth a 60$.

Stay away from this game and save your money,there are far better games to be released this year don't waste it on this hyped piece of garbage
  6. Feb 11, 2015
    It's fun few hours, but honestly, i can't recommend it at this price. The content is kinda poor and the list of DLCs already available give me an headache. It should have been a F2P, that's a major disappointment.
  7. Feb 11, 2015
    A game that was hyped up to be the new PVP game where four players takes on the player controlled monster. A great idea, however only a good game for a few of your friends very briefly to play for fun, that is all it is.

Perhaps this game requires some evolving of its own.
  8. Feb 11, 2015
    Evolve is a game where a team of players hunt down another player who controls a colossal monster. The problem is that the best strategy for the monster is to spend the majority of the game running/hiding from the players. The more time spent avoiding players, the more the monster can feed and power up, (and evolve into another form).

The concept sounds cool, on paper, but in actual

The concept sounds cool, on paper, but in actual practice it can get stale fast. Imagine a competitive shooter where players actively try to avoid each other. Ya. There are ways that players can temporarily lock the monster down and prevent escape, but many matches still involve copious amounts of just running around.

Also, as many others have mentioned, the dlc model for this game is kinda horrendous. When the developers need to create complicated
    graphs to try to explain their robust DLC model, we have reached a new level of absurdity. I'm still not exactly sure how much you need to pay to get all the current content in the game.
  9. Feb 11, 2015
    Yet another reminder that pre-purchasing any game is a bad idea. I pity all the players who just see the score of 83 on steam thinking it is an awesome game and pay 50€ for this. 50€ for this is just a fraud.
  10. Feb 11, 2015
    A mediocre and repetitive cat and mouse running simulator strangled by its own anti-consumer DLC scheme.

The entire experience as of release (if you want everything and you also pre-ordered), costs $160, $130 too many.
  11. Feb 10, 2015
    Another mediocre multiplayer-focused shooter that does not live up to the hype.
    Not worth the price, not worth the time IMO.
    Another mediocre multiplayer-focused shooter that does not live up to the hype.
    Not worth the price, not worth the time IMO.

Inconsistent frame rate, weak and uninspiring solo mode, somewhat attractive multiplayer (probably the only part of the game which is done relatively well), lack of content and all of that for astonishing sum of money. After all pre-reviews I was dumb enough to pre-order and now I regret it.
  12. Feb 12, 2015
    Regret the purchase. Hell of an expensive game for something that so blantantly lacks content. Fun to play, and with good unique mechanics but its an overpriced and overhyped piece of software.
  13. Feb 11, 2015
    How many times are we going to see forced day-1 DLC and microtransactions in a full priced game? Evolve costs $60 plus at least another $80 in extra purchases, and the extremely limited content is over before it begins, even with extra purchases. You'll see everything the game has to offer in an afternoon. No single player means pestering friends to buy and play the game at the same timeHow many times are we going to see forced day-1 DLC and microtransactions in a full priced game? Evolve costs $60 plus at least another $80 in extra purchases, and the extremely limited content is over before it begins, even with extra purchases. You'll see everything the game has to offer in an afternoon. No single player means pestering friends to buy and play the game at the same time you happen to be available (limiting the game to younger teenagers, mostly, as older gamers rarely can get four friends together for very long). Overhyped and underwhelming. Don't pay for this rip-off. Expand
  14. Feb 10, 2015
    Game itself is actually pretty decent but the downright awful business model from 2K completely ruins it. DLC is a complete ripoff. The amount they charge for DLC that should be included with the game is insulting to players. An extra $60 worth of Pay2Win DLC right out of the gate for a game that RETAILS AT $60, is an absolute joke.

Honestly, this is one of the few times you should go

Honestly, this is one of the few times you should go out of your way and boycott this game because it's not just about DRM and privacy (which is still very important), this is about games and their ridiculous DLC costing WAY TOO MUCH going forward (from a selfish perspective, more expensive games means, well, less games I'll be able to play).

Sorry but shelling out $100+ for the full game is unacceptable. Stop buying this game before they get away with it and set a precedent in the industry. Don't buy this game.
  15. Feb 11, 2015
    Evolve is like a kiss on the cheek and a knee to the nuts. The gameplay while fun, is repetitive and the game is severely lacking in content. To make matters worse the 'base' game is a whopping £35, the price you'd expect a AAA game with a lot of content to be. The 'base' game is severely lacking in maps and characters, but wait! for a mere £25 you can unlock the 'full' game adding in aEvolve is like a kiss on the cheek and a knee to the nuts. The gameplay while fun, is repetitive and the game is severely lacking in content. To make matters worse the 'base' game is a whopping £35, the price you'd expect a AAA game with a lot of content to be. The 'base' game is severely lacking in maps and characters, but wait! for a mere £25 you can unlock the 'full' game adding in a few more characters and monsters. (some that aren't even in the game yet (yes this game isn't finished and they expect you to pay full price for what is essentially still a beta))

So £60 for a game that's not even finished, severely lacking in content, day 1 DLC and even still £35 for the 'base'(stripped down) version. Don't give these people your money, this is everything that's wrong with greedy publishers trying to milk you like cattle. Show them you are not a mindless animal and don't purchase this milking product!
  16. Feb 11, 2015
    Good for an hour or so, here or there. The core mechanics are more akin to MMO combat than any kind of actual shooter. Not much skill required, no real resource management, the fights are drawn out and lack any real tension, nothing else on the map is anything more than food or a unwarranted distraction.

If you want something that's simple and has co-op, this could do. Cool in concept. Painfully boring in execution.
  17. Feb 18, 2015
    Sadly you can't edit reviews on metacritic so i have to write a new one. Why i'm doing it? Basically i feel that i have to make some clarification of my position after i saw TotalBiscuit's video about DLCs and Evolve.
    So ok, at the moment we have 2 types of DLCs in Evolve: skin packs and unlocks. I'm strongly against both of this types of DLCs. Why? Ok, let's start with skin packs. I have nothing against em in F2P games. It's basically "i like this game and want to support developers while look cool so this is an ideal solution". Yeap, i agree with that. But not in full price games. I don't get this TB's argument that "well, some devs have nothing to do in the end of dev circle so they make skins and **** that will be sold to you". So i miss the point when development circle became my problem. Maybe i'm old or something but i remember times when character skins or additional (secret) characters were unlocks (for some in-game achievements) and absolutely free. And now it's DLCs! And i must be ok with that? No, thank you. Everyone who said "oh, it's nothing! It's just a cosmetic things" miss the point that most of people who disagree with that have. Yes, i can buy it or not, that's not affect anything. But my point that AAA devs sells you less and less as a "complete game" every year and milk cash from you for thing that were free before. Especially now, after so much AAA titles turn out to be complete disasters.
    Now to unlocks. This one is simple. You can't trust developers with this one. It can be ok and you can unlock everything just by playing a few hours or that can be practically impossible (or require insane amount of time). Again why not to make every option available at the beginning? Oh, some people like this rank progression system and rewards each level? No problem! Make that skins as rewards, not DLCs. Everyone is happy. Except devs not concern with our happiness any more. Just about how to get into our wallets.
    You see, now devs take away things from you. One thing at each step, PRing that hard as some good thing. And i see some people are very happy with that. Like mod support. Sure there is no mod suport in Evolve. Otherwise who will ever buy your DLC if you can simply mod all that skins/characters/monsters into the game? And let me remind you that a lot of great games appear as mods: Team Fortress, DotA, Counter-Strike, Natural Selection, DayZ, The Stanley Parable and so on. A lot just stayed as mods. Now we more and more denied of that.
    And this glorified "12 unique hunters"? Oh come on, this is a skip plus locked set of weapons. Let's see, in Battlefield 4 (game with it's own huge problems) there are over 100 weapons to choose from and over 40 gadgets. Combine that with various attachments and scopes. Can you imagine how much "unique hunters" can you possibly make out of that? Can't you see that this "12 unique hunters" actually is just "less customization"? Why are some of players are so happy about that? I can't get it.
    In one point i agree with TB totally. Yes, Evolve is mediocre product and deserve 5 or 6 out of 10 if not all this DLCs/pre-order **** Just so happen due to poor PR and/or marketing that Evolve make it boil out for a lot of people. So no, not only Evolve is guilty in that regard but yes, i believe did a lot of things wrong (tons of day one DLCs, pricing of the game and DLCs and etc). So i believe it's ok to rate this game at 0 to send a message to game developers/publishers that we don't want **** like this at all. You can agree with that or not, i'm fine in any case. Just remember that attacking personalities and saying that everyone who doesn't agree that Evolve is wonderful are "trolls", "rage kids" or something speaks badly about you not the person you are attacking...
  18. Feb 11, 2015
    Strike one, charging sixty dollars for a downloadable version of a game that comes with no case or physical copy. Strike two, day one dlc that is not only **** on its own, but is also over charged and clearly just stripped from the game. Strike three, your game was mediocre from the start anyways. Other than the fact the game looks fine, runs okay, and plays well, there is no story, noStrike one, charging sixty dollars for a downloadable version of a game that comes with no case or physical copy. Strike two, day one dlc that is not only **** on its own, but is also over charged and clearly just stripped from the game. Strike three, your game was mediocre from the start anyways. Other than the fact the game looks fine, runs okay, and plays well, there is no story, no care for the characters, so much repetition, like what did 2k expect from this? Terrible, a complete waist of money. Expand
  19. Feb 11, 2015
    It is just appaling to see so many VG Website bestow excellent review on this game. It's maybe me getting older but i feel like the trend is getting worst every year. Shouldn't those guy be on our side, providing us helpfull guidelines to handpick the games best suited for our taste, casting our attention on deserving developpers and warning us about blatant cashgrabbing scams dressed asIt is just appaling to see so many VG Website bestow excellent review on this game. It's maybe me getting older but i feel like the trend is getting worst every year. Shouldn't those guy be on our side, providing us helpfull guidelines to handpick the games best suited for our taste, casting our attention on deserving developpers and warning us about blatant cashgrabbing scams dressed as video games ?

Yet here we are, as of now Evolve, a full priced mediocre shooter built around a gimmicky concept worth 3 hours of fun at best brag an aggregated 79. Flashing green lights, The press agrees, go buy it. And why even denounce the disgraceful day 1 DLC policy... it s a fight those guys abandoned years ago alongside the best interest of their readers and any kind of professional integrity.
  20. Feb 10, 2015
    High reviews are just shills and people trying to justify their purchase. This game is a desperate attempt to milk customers for cash. Minimal launch content and plans for very expensive DLC.

You can all but master what's currently available in a couple of hours. Buy the GOTY edition.
  21. Feb 10, 2015
    I was initially really excited for Evolve, primarily due to the developers Turtle Rock Studios with their wonderful reputation in delivering an engaging and enjoyable co-operative experience with the likes of Left 4 Dead. Sadly this game is ruined right off the bat with a distinct lack of content and an inflated price thanks largely to the publishers 2K.

Evolve is a 4 versus 1 battle

Evolve is a 4 versus 1 battle taking place on a small selection of maps in which the team progress by killing numerous monsters that spawn over and over in very mundane fashion. The lonesome player featuring as the Monster has to do the same on the other end of the map until both teams face-off in a battle to the death. The more kills as you move forward on the terrain; the greater your team and their strengths become. Unfortunately; the combat is exceptionally mundane with extremely dull shooting mechanics and underwhelming enemies. The lone player role is even more tedious as they are excluded from the co-op elements and most of the time just aimlessly killing to evolve their monster for the final battle. If you are featuring on your own; you will probably be fed up and want to leave the match before it's even concluded. This alone makes the concept extremely flawed.

Unlike the likes of Left 4 Dead 2 which was fast paced, frantic, fun, humorous and filled with additional material; Evolve is just another soulless modern FPS with a linear design and weak gameplay. The absence of modes and content within the base game is a major problem and a huge insult in the knowledge that much of it is being withheld to be sold down the line as DLC. You could almost say this game is unfinished in its current state and the additional material on the horizon is nigh-essential just to give the product some meat. Sadly this will set you back nearly £60 which is ridiculous for a PC game in this day and age.

Although you can participate offline and against AI; Evolve is a game that has to be played online for any enjoyment whatsoever. It is ultimately a product that is reliant on player traffic and you will need a number of committed friends who are willing to play regularly and at any given time just to ensure that you can play to a decent standard. However, I can see many people getting bored of this after a few days and turning to other titles which is a damning problem for the longevity of the game. By the time any DLC drops; this will probably be long uninstalled from your hard drive.

Overall; Evolve is a major letdown and a game ruined by a terrible DLC roll-out plan and a limited amount of content. The game itself is very poor but the amount of features available is the final nail in the coffin. After a couple of days; you will have seen all that's on offer as the game drifts into stale mediocrity. The publishers should be ashamed of themselves with their arrogant and ignorant execution of the product and even the developers have let themselves down after the unique and ongoing success they are still experiencing with Valve. This game is simply a ripoff of the highest order and further proof that the industry ethics from some companies are nothing more than a kick in the teeth to the loyal customers that blindly support them. Avoid at all costs.
  22. Feb 11, 2015
    The amount of content in the game itself does not warrant a 59.99 price tag. 29.99 might have been more acceptable for something that is along the lines of LoL or DotA with better graphics, although it has less actual content than LoL or DoTa when you think about it, which is pretty sad.

Can't understand the 4v1 design here either. You will never be able to balance that, and your experience in the game is entirely dependent on how lucky and good the player playing the monster is.

80 dollars worth of day 1 dlc is ridiculously extreme, especially when the gameplay content here amounts to 29.99 or even free 2 play.

Avoid this scam please.
  23. Feb 11, 2015
    Extremely disappointed on how much content there are available. Even after buying the **** DLC with the game for 80 it doesn't feel like there is a whole lot to this game. I was hyped about this game too, maps are much too small for this to be a fun cat and mouse game. Also the game doesn't support eyefinity right now, it's freaking 2015! I expect big games like this to support multipleExtremely disappointed on how much content there are available. Even after buying the **** DLC with the game for 80 it doesn't feel like there is a whole lot to this game. I was hyped about this game too, maps are much too small for this to be a fun cat and mouse game. Also the game doesn't support eyefinity right now, it's freaking 2015! I expect big games like this to support multiple monitors. I sort of enjoy some of the random dialogue the characters have and combat so not a full zero score from for that. Expand
  24. Feb 10, 2015
    While the game itself is promising and full of potential, the DLC tactics of Day One DLC, complicated pre-order packaging and pay-walls hiding advantage-based content like additional monsters and hunters makes the game a giant DLC platform.

The game is not worth $60 by itself and the DLC costs support that. This game was released in slices in order to benefit execs, not gamers.

Makes gamers weigh a good time with supporting a troubling DLC practice.
  25. Feb 11, 2015
    $7 for a texture, Even shutterstock isn't that expensive.

Shameful cash grab by shameful publishers, aided and abetted by a shameful gaming press that are happy to give a multiplayer game 10/10 on launch day.
  26. Feb 11, 2015
    This game is horrible regardless of it's pricing or DLC policy.
    This game is horrible regardless of it's pricing or DLC policy.
    Back in 2001 we had AvP2 which featured 3 campaigns and a fully fledged, asymmetric multiplayer mode featuring very distinct styles of play and factions to play as, as well as multiple characters which controlled differently, not like this game where they are fundamentally the same but with slight differences from each other or with "unique "abilities"".
    This would be ok as a free2play game with microtransactions,but as a fully fledged product it's not worth your time and especially not your money.
    Greedy market practices like this need to be punished.
  27. Feb 10, 2015
    $60 for a multiplayer game. Then you have the DLC that has Moba prices. $5 for a single skin. $15 for a single monster, and $7.50 per hunter that honestly should have already been in the game. Oh and if you didn't pre order you're going to have to cough up $15 for the next monster.
  28. Feb 10, 2015
    This game did nothing for me. I bought it day 1 - brought it home and had a 3 gig patch to update! Great. Dove into the game and it just doesn't feel right to me. Playing the monster feels clunky and the classes of the main characters feel too specific in my opinion. I'm sure there will be people who love this, but definitely not for me. Trading the game today to go towards TheThis game did nothing for me. I bought it day 1 - brought it home and had a 3 gig patch to update! Great. Dove into the game and it just doesn't feel right to me. Playing the monster feels clunky and the classes of the main characters feel too specific in my opinion. I'm sure there will be people who love this, but definitely not for me. Trading the game today to go towards The Order. Hope other people find fun in this game! Expand
  29. Feb 10, 2015
    PLAY
    $
    BUY DLC $ BUY MORE DLC $ MORE DLC $ AND MUCH MORE That's the whole game . $$$ Honestly I have never really felt this ripped off by a game. Great concept, stupid price and little content. A little too rinse and repeate for me can't see this having a ton of staying power. Played a couple game and already felt like I was done. Also the "skins" are just recolours, just a
    PLAY
    BUY DLC
    BUY MORE DLC
    MORE DLC
    AND MUCH MORE
    That's the whole game .
    $$$

Honestly I have never really felt this ripped off by a game. Great concept, stupid price and little content. A little too rinse and repeate for me can't see this having a ton of staying power. Played a couple game and already felt like I was done. Also the "skins" are just recolours, just a colour change not worth your money and kind of a slap in the face. I was expecting the skin to look quite a bit/completely different.
  30. Feb 11, 2015
    Over hyped, over priced, CRAP! It's a veritable DLC buggering, they have your pants down and now it's entering you, the devious crowd at 2K and Turtle Rock cheer as you are ass raped!
    I rent games, because I have a brain.

Don't buy crap games and NEVER pre-order, you might as well hand them the friggin lube and bend over.

Crap game, boring and super crap.
  31. Feb 10, 2015
    I should have went with my better judgement and not bought the season pass for this game right off the bat. The matchmaking is a complete joke. 1. It took over 10 minutes to finally join a match, so either there's server problems or the game was way over hyped and too few people bought it and there not enough people online. 2. It never picks what you want and when you back out to get backI should have went with my better judgement and not bought the season pass for this game right off the bat. The matchmaking is a complete joke. 1. It took over 10 minutes to finally join a match, so either there's server problems or the game was way over hyped and too few people bought it and there not enough people online. 2. It never picks what you want and when you back out to get back in you have to wait only to confront a longer wait during matchmaking. Lastly 3. If you are gonna put a tutorial in the beginning of the game don't make it half-assed there are 3 other classes and 2 other monster have a tutorial for the others, I got thrown in a make with one of the other classes and i was dead before i figured the class out, this isn't the kinda game to be doing crap like that. In the end I expected far better from the creator of left for dead, this game is gonna make me question left for dead 3 Expand
  32. Feb 11, 2015
    Not enough content to be worth $80. Simple as that. Check out the store page for yourself. Its a game that milks its customers. Wait for the game to be the inevitable GOTY bundle, vote with your wallets, and stop letting game companies think these kinds of business practices are fine.
  33. Feb 10, 2015
    When playing Evolve i find the game very underwhelming. I can see they have kept a lot of good things in the game style that worked really well in Left 4 Dead, however i find that Evolve is lacking and can find my time playing it very boring. Evolve is not the best game but its definitely not the worse. Personally you need to have a good communicating team otherwise you will die a lot andWhen playing Evolve i find the game very underwhelming. I can see they have kept a lot of good things in the game style that worked really well in Left 4 Dead, however i find that Evolve is lacking and can find my time playing it very boring. Evolve is not the best game but its definitely not the worse. Personally you need to have a good communicating team otherwise you will die a lot and find the game very frustrating and feel like your being overpowered even by the AI. I have played for about 5 hours and already regret my purchase but i only base that on the fact i wont be playing much of Evolve in the future. Expand
  34. Feb 10, 2015
    Ok, so the game is fun, aside from really requiring a group with headsets.

Ok, so the game is fun, aside from really requiring a group with headsets.

All the DLC, monsters, hunters, skins plus an actual campaign, would be about enough content for a 60 dollar game, but as it is, you pay 60 for the game, 15 for one of the next monsters, I'd assume 15 for the 5th monster, 6.99 for each set of monster skins, and like, what was it, 3.99 for the weapons skins (basically types of things normal games just have, being withheld on day one behind a pay wall), plus 25 bucks for the next 4 hunters, then i'd guess half that for the last 2 hunters. and THAT'S assuming you only buy all the bundles, it's more individually.

Listed like that, you're looking at nearly 200 bucks for all the content that would maybe be worth 40-50, total joke.

At least it's fun like I said, so if you already bought it like me, silver lining?
  35. Feb 10, 2015
    Played 60 hours of alpha & beta and the game still crashes after hunts end 9 times out of 10. Not to mention that it takes FOREVER to get into one. Did they even fix anything?
  36. Feb 10, 2015
    This is EA level of stupidity in regards to DLC, and the unnecessary fracturing of a complete game, all for the sake of the almighty dollar.

Pathetic.
  37. Feb 10, 2015
    Out of the box and the game already doesn't work. It's riddled with DLC so you can see where the developer's priorities lie. I feel cheated. There's already nearly a page of DLC on the steam store page that adds up to $85, much more than the core game itself.
  38. Feb 10, 2015
    This game should be $29.99 with all DLC included. Its not a terrible game, its just majorly overpriced for what you get. Not really much to it, gets boring fast.
  39. Feb 10, 2015
    This game could have been much better. Unfortunately, to even experience the full game, you'll be forced to buy a TON of DLC and that DLC is really not fairly priced.

And even once you do all that you're left with a game that has a great premise but gets very stale very soon once you figure out the best ways to play it. There's no completely different tactic to be applied every time so the longevity of this game is something that'll be lacking.
  40. Feb 11, 2015
    Game is deceit.
    Bored: 9 min game session and.. the end.. Unreasonably expensive: $60 + DLC...
    Don't buy this game. Left 4 Dead more and more interesting.
  41. Dop
    Feb 10, 2015
    I'm playing this with a friend that was dumb enough to buy this and developers/publishers should be ashamed of this garbage. The "game" itself is 60$ + Hunter DLC+Monster DLC+More DLC = around 180$ is the actual price. They probably cut the game to make this or is years apart of being a full game.

Now to the apologist therapy group should be doing a simple math, before claiming that maps and game modes are "free".

So to end this nightmare the game itself is a Poor Mp-Fps (titanfall,destiny both epic compared to this), in 3h/4h you can see everything the game has to offer and unless you can recruit 3-4 idiots to pay/play this quick cash grab, skip it or at least grab it on a sale for 20$ or less.
  42. Feb 10, 2015
    This game costs $103 AUD in Australia ($79.99 USD in the steam store in AU) and there simply isn't enough things to do or long term replay value in my opinion to make it worth it.
  43. Feb 10, 2015
    Almost insane in it's design, marketing and execution. DLC: The Video Game (also known as Evolve) is a mediocre first person shooter (surprise surprise!) that brings nothing new to the genre other than lacklustre asymmetrical multiplayer and standard FPS shooting mechanics that are neither good or bad, just "meh".

No suspense whatsoever, no anything actually. You don't care who you're

No suspense whatsoever, no anything actually. You don't care who you're partnered with, you don't care about the skill development system which may as well have the word "mundane" plastered over the screen.

This is Titanfall, Destiny and every other FPS you've ever played and obviously are bored with completely rolled into one, but with one key difference - you don't own the game. You don't. Oh, you bought it alright, you're probably thinking "yes I do, look, it's there!" - but no, you own, what, 5% of the game? 95%, at least, is locked behind DLC. You want this game in full? Be prepared to pay £150 or something over the next six months. Not that, as a sane person, you would, because it's mediocrity personified, but this is what 2K Games wants you to do. Want a shiny new skin over your character models? £5 PLEASE. Want a new gun or something? £10 PLEEEEEASE...

This business practice will be what causes a gaming industry crash - it's a matter of time. Game companies are treating customers like braindead simpletons and it'll backfire obviously, as at some point people en masse will say "I'm not paying £50 for 5% of a game, especially a new IP that I have no idea about at all."

The positives? Graphically it's alright, but not amazing. Voice acting isn't particularly awful, but who the hell cares, really, as this is a game that should be a free to play shooter on PC or through PSN or whatever that has microtransactions to buy if you've played the game and enjoyed it.

WHY do game developers have an aversion to creating a quality game off the bat, full of content, then selling expansions and meaningful content if it's felt customers would go for it? The current practice of scummy companies like Ubisoft, EA and 2K are self-harming in the long term for short term gain, and they're too stupid to see it.

Delighted to see gamers rejecting this crap and scoring it 5.2 at the time of review - but that's not low enough. Give the middle finger to these cretins and reject this nonsense, as your money deserves some god-damn effort from developers.
  44. Feb 10, 2015
    This game gets old fast. Extremely repetitive and a shallow game for 60$. Don't waste your money, this game will cost less than a gourmet hamburger in a few months.
  45. Feb 10, 2015
    Bad game...to much money for it,for dlc,for skins and others. Here's a tip...NEVER buy a game that already have "awards" when it has not been release yet. They will turn out like Destiny and other crappy "award winning games"
  46. Feb 10, 2015
    My problem with website reviews of this game is they have massive staff teams to play with. In the real world it is very hard to get a bunch of friends all playing together at the price point it is at, this put all my friends off as they know we'll probably play together like a few times and then never find the time. The game needed to be cheaper so we could buy it without thought and playMy problem with website reviews of this game is they have massive staff teams to play with. In the real world it is very hard to get a bunch of friends all playing together at the price point it is at, this put all my friends off as they know we'll probably play together like a few times and then never find the time. The game needed to be cheaper so we could buy it without thought and play it the few times we'd get a chance. The current price point just doesn't make the type of game attractive and so none of my friends are playing, especially when other multiplayer only games have much more replayabilty for a third of the price.

If they really needed to charge £35 for the game, they should have put modes with more players in where you can still have fun if you don't have your friends playing with you. Natural Selection 2 seems like the obvious thing to take inspiration from here...
  47. Feb 10, 2015
    This game is a joke and a total scam. There is seriously so much dlc and micro transactions it feels like a mobile game. I was dumb enough to buy the 100 dollar version of the game and they are still trying to sell me content on day one this game comes out. The base game doesn't have anywhere near enough content to warrant the price tag. This is completely shameful and I hope no one elseThis game is a joke and a total scam. There is seriously so much dlc and micro transactions it feels like a mobile game. I was dumb enough to buy the 100 dollar version of the game and they are still trying to sell me content on day one this game comes out. The base game doesn't have anywhere near enough content to warrant the price tag. This is completely shameful and I hope no one else gets suckered in to this scam. I seriously hope turtle Rock and 2k both go broke. Expand
  48. Feb 10, 2015
    The best "buying DLC simulator" I have ever played! I wish companies would stop doing this, greed gets them nowhere. So many things that should have been included aren't.
  49. Feb 10, 2015
    i expected to be more fun, so disapointed. :C, expensive DLC`s, and bad multiplayer game, dont buy if u want game with good story...............................
  50. Feb 10, 2015
    I played the game and man I can tell you I am glad i passed on this game. The guns sound like crap their to much stuff going on to adjust to the game all you see is some big monster running around and you shoot it and it gets boring. No thanks for this one. I have it on PS4 too.
  51. Feb 10, 2015
    This is greed at it's worst. If you can't have a halfway decent revenue model for your game without pissing off literally almost ALL of the community then what was the point to begin with?
    Oh yeah, console drones ARE that dumb.
  52. Feb 10, 2015
    Allow me to correct my Review here. The game has a number of microtransactions which are all cosmetic as far as I'm aware. There are a number of different versions and editions with different bonuses. While the game's 60 price tag is relatively overpriced for the amount of content received with a game that offers day one microtransactions.
  53. Feb 10, 2015
    Do game developers live in the real world these days? I have at max, 3 or 4 decent friends who will play a game with me. All of us, go to university, have lives, hobbies, jobs, families etc. When I do eventually get the chance to sit down and play a game for an extended period of time, which isn't often, the chances of all my friends being online at once for a long enough period to play aDo game developers live in the real world these days? I have at max, 3 or 4 decent friends who will play a game with me. All of us, go to university, have lives, hobbies, jobs, families etc. When I do eventually get the chance to sit down and play a game for an extended period of time, which isn't often, the chances of all my friends being online at once for a long enough period to play a game like this is absolutely slim to none.

This game is so absolutely multiplayer, that you can almost forget the idea of playing alone. Playing with strangers in a game like this just never works out. Soon as I played it, I realised the game was a shell. If you wanted what was inside the shell you'd have to pay money for DLC and microtransactions. How they think they can get away with that is beyond me and unacceptable. Terrible stuff.
  54. Apr 15, 2015
    Tedious & Repetetive would be a simple summary.

You can really get a good feel for it in about an hour and the gameplay is so bland the experience should stop there. It is ill thought out with zero depth and no delivery upon a promising idea. The weapon choices are dull. There is very little difference round to round and there is very little balancing. The AI on the un played
    Tedious & Repetetive would be a simple summary.

The AI on the un played human characters is pretty good (There I found a positive somehow)

However, generally it is terrible. Boring weapons, boring situations a boring execution of a thoroughly tedious game with very little content and myriad ways to try to rip you off for more cash adding financial abuse to the insult of having purchased this vapourware in the first place.
  55. Feb 10, 2015
    Here's a tip...NEVER buy a game that already have "awards" when it has not been release yet. They will turn out like Destiny and other crappy "award winning games".
  56. Feb 10, 2015
    This game is very boring. Once you have played 10 minutes, you've played all of it. There's no variation, the DLC practices are an abomination and there's not enough content. There are already plenty of good online FPSes out there, this is just another one saturating the market, completely unecessary, no reason to buy this over any other. Avoid it.
  57. Feb 10, 2015
    Evolve is one of those very controversial games of recent years in regards to how it was marketed, both with its $60 price tag + the confusing DLC that they have implemented in.

Looking at the game as a whole, it is a fantastically well made experience with great graphics, balanced gameplay, and one of the most adrenaline fueled co-op, or solo experiences if you are the monsters, that I've had the pleasure of enjoying for some time.This review is completely based upon of course my own opinions but primarily the quality of the game at launch. As above it is extremely well polished, gun-play feels fantastic, and playing as the monsters is simply one of the most exhilarating experiences I've had with new-gen games. Each hunter class is very unique and each have special abilities that must be utilized together with the others to beat down the monster successfully. That is one of Evolve's biggest strengths, is the co-op gameplay is simply superb. However to quote the Escapist review, it is also it's biggest weakness, as with any game relying on others, if you get matched with a poor team, and lose a few games in a row, it can be frustrating for some.

On the concern of the amount of content available comes down to preference on game types and what you personally like. If you like a good story with good multiplayer, then this isn't for you. However if you like shooters, but also enjoy things like DOTA 2 or Leauge of Legends, this is a very well crafted in a sense first person MOBA on the idea of 4 v 1. I enjoy MOBA's very much which may explain why I feel there is more than enough content with 16 maps, multiple modes etc. compared to something like Leagues which when it came out had 5v5 and 3v3 modes, one map for each mode, it is a lot more content.

I realize League of Legends and DOTA 2 are F2P which does change perceptions on things, as Evolve is a $60 retail game with optional DLC on top of it. The marketing this game deployed is something that has shown a light on how poorly publishers plan and how money grab they are, however I do not believe this detracts from what Turtle Rock Studios has made, as they have made an extremely well crafted, beautiful game, with fantastic gameplay that will at least keep myself and my friends entertained for months to come.
  58. Feb 10, 2015
    I played the game for about 5h now on PC MSI Laptop. Tech performance very good, graphic very good (Cry Engine), Audio good, gameplay/cooperation good, content average - I was expecting more here in terms of unlocking skills, characters, guns. The game type can be both hide and seek or fast shooter, it all depends how good you are as monster or Hunters. I think 8/10 is good score for me.
  59. Feb 10, 2015
    Great Game. Played alpha, beta and a lot of games after the release and I am still enjoing it. Due to the bonues for winning in evacuation, each game feals different.
    I don't understand, why people are raging so much about the dlcs. Yes, you can spend money on a triple-a title. But all maps will be free and most of the dlcs are just skins nobody realy needs.
    Some people say, that this
    Some people say, that this game isn't fun to play. This is mostly due to the fact, that this players don't play with thier teams. If you play solo, better get cod. But if you are a team player, just get a few friends or get matched with some random people and enjoy the game.
  60. Feb 10, 2015
    So far I am having a blast. Monster controls took a little bit getting used to but totally worth it. The maps are gorgeous, I had fun playing every class. Gameplay for me is everything and this just about sets the standard. No match is the same. I have played matches that were short, some took a while. This game is an exception to my preference to have a compelling story. This gameSo far I am having a blast. Monster controls took a little bit getting used to but totally worth it. The maps are gorgeous, I had fun playing every class. Gameplay for me is everything and this just about sets the standard. No match is the same. I have played matches that were short, some took a while. This game is an exception to my preference to have a compelling story. This game makes me not care. I just want to hunt. I can see why people may think this game isnt worth 60 bucks as is, but i have played many games that had a TON of stuff to do that were just terrible. God knows if i could get my 60 bucks back from Unity i would. :-). If you are a multiplayer kind of gamer its a must have. Even if you are not i would still highly recommend. 2k, and turtle rock have created something really unique. I truly believe gamers will be talking about this game for years to come. Expand
  61. Feb 10, 2015
    Awesome and very fun game. Better play with friends. Don t listen school-boyz with wooden pc's, it worth every dollar. Finally something fresh in multiplayer shooters.
  62. Feb 10, 2015
    Look it is an amazing game.

Don't listen to the ppl complaining it's too pricey or whatever. It is exactly what gamers expect of a shooter game to be - it is brutal, epic and to the point.

The first people to come complain here are usually the ones who did not understand what they are getting into or what the game is supposed to be like.

It is the top shooter of 2015! Mind my words.
  63. Nov 11, 2015
    The basic idea of it is seducing. However, instead of nourishing their baby, Turtle Rock decided to spoil it with lots of marketing content. The matchmaking system is really poor since the start and has never been updated. Instead, they released stupid DLCs with useless characters, monsters and maps.
    Very disappointing.
  64. Feb 12, 2016
    When I saw the creators of Left 4 Dead were releasing a new game I without hesitation bought it + all the DLC for big £££. What a massive schoolboy error, that will be the last time I ever do that without playing a game first. I expected so much more, I found myself at the point where I was trying to force myself to enjoy it. If you see this on Steam sale or somewhere for cheap, resist theWhen I saw the creators of Left 4 Dead were releasing a new game I without hesitation bought it + all the DLC for big £££. What a massive schoolboy error, that will be the last time I ever do that without playing a game first. I expected so much more, I found myself at the point where I was trying to force myself to enjoy it. If you see this on Steam sale or somewhere for cheap, resist the temptation - trust me, it's not worth it. Even if this was Free to play it would not be worth it, it's actually THAT bad. Expand
  65. Oct 27, 2015
    I couldn't find a single match, ON A FREE WEEKEND, while trying for 3 days straight...

It's so sad to see this game crash Hard so fast but it had it coming. With its incredibly high pricey tag, micro transactions and dlcs... You should never put as a priority, making money, over your community. This is what you get, no audience months, weeks and even days after releasing the game. Hope you learned from this huge mistake and not follow what "Big" gaming companies are doing, milking their games to death.

-Its like eating our planet to death, it's simply wrong-
  66. Feb 16, 2015
    Im going to keep this short and sweet because I don't want to waste any more time i just want a short sum up to help people stay away and prevent further disasters such as this game. OVERHYPED and OVERPRICED! i continue

1. Over priced. It should at most be a half price game compared to other triple A titles. Mostly due to the pure lack of content of wait.. you don't even get most of

Over priced. It should at most be a half price game compared to other triple A titles. Mostly due to the pure lack of content of wait.. you don't even get most of the content unless you pay a stupid amount of money which then unlocks the already in game day one 3 hunter classes and crappy monster skins. I personally believe this alone should be criminal. That aside there's next to no maps which all look the same you seriously cannot tell the difference and game play that is all the same and boring after the very first match you'll play!

Lack of content. as stated above, you played one match you might as well stop there its all the same. Only 3 monsters! very little hunter Classes, and if you dont pay for the full special edition you miss out on them all. no maps, the ones that there is are all identical literally.

Gameplay. shortest yet because there isn't much to say.
    -Unbalanced
    -Repetitive
    -Boring
    -Zero replay value, despite that thats what the whole games meant to be built on.

Graphics. couple on generations behind, colourless, lifeless, boring, dull, ugly.
  67. Feb 15, 2015
    First thing first. I don't own the game. Here is why......

$85 of DAY ONE DLC!!! They took a meat cleaver to this game. Cut out most of the content to sell in top of the $60 entry fee. It sets terrible a precedent for future games.

If you purchase this or like this you're enabling the death of gaming as we know it.
  68. Feb 18, 2015
    Lacks an extreme amount of content and gets boring pretty quickly. 60$ is way too much for the amount of content currently in the game. I'd recommend waiting until price is at least half until you consider buying this game.
  69. Feb 20, 2015
    Nothing but a quick cash grab. If you're up for spending twice as much as the retail price for a game i'd rate a 6 at the most even without the dlc, after buying the game. Go for it. Otherwise stay far away. I can't believe it has a 78.
  70. Feb 15, 2015
    Can be fun, but the business practice is absolutely disgusting.

Your review must be at least 150 characters long. Your review must be at least 150 characters long.
  71. Mar 19, 2015
    Each and every match is exactly the same as the last. 3 hunters vs 1 monster every.... single......... time............ Zzz.
    There is no campaign. There is no single player mode. There is no story.
  72. Feb 26, 2015
    This game is definitely not worth the price. No doubt it is very fun and original. I hope to see more of this stuff come out in the future. But this is simply too repetitive and loses its charm quickly.
  73. Mar 2, 2015
    I felt compelled to write a review for this as it was so disappointed. My girlfriend got me Evolve on the PS4 as a late valentines day gift, she knew I was quite excited about the concept of it and the reviews on IGN and others were really good.

But after playing the game for just over 2 hours it became unbearably repetitive. In just 3 hours and I was bored of the whole concept of the game.

No real skill involved in the first person element. And as the monster you just simply run and away from the humans until you in a position to attack them once you have fully evolved.

In my option in needed to me much more close quarter fights when the monster is small, with the map opening up more as it evolves bigger with more several stages and more incentive to at least confront the humans or at least tactically get past them i.e you have to go through a small area somewhere they have set up traps.

As a human its very boring to chase after the monster for 20mins and he just runs away then fully evolves than you get to fight.

The first person elements don't really involve any skills and its very unrewarding. I feel gutted my Mrs's had to throw money in the bin as the trade in value is terrible (probably because everyone else is getting rid of it too).

You have been warned.
  74. Feb 13, 2015
    Evolve is game with solid game structure and pretty funny idea. Object is controlled by other players, which is something that games have lacked for a long time.

What got me off was the fact that i got into beta only to advertise the game. "play this game for a weekend as our beta tester". Also does not help that this game contains virus known as "RELEASE GAME WITH DLC". I don't

I don't recommend buying this game, since the price tag is so massive. Provided with the current content this game should be an free to play.
  75. Feb 14, 2015
    The base score is 1. Pay 15$ more to get "score 3 edition" or 30$ more to get "score 6 edition". Wanna full score experience? Pay me 69.99$ to get "the ultimate score 10 edition" of my review.
  76. Feb 15, 2015
    I refuse to support DLC scams like Evolve. I will add 2K Games to the list with EA, Ubisoft and Activision. These companies are on my list of worst video game developers in the world. I refuse to purchase their games. I have hundreds of games to play, none of them from these companies. Thank you Steam!
  77. Feb 14, 2015
    I'm french, sorry.
    Evolve est un bon jeu pour de moyennes et courtes sessions. Cependant si l'on veut profiter d'un jeu complet il faudra avoir un compte en banque plein à craquer. Ça, 2K, c'est un zéro pointé vu le prix de base du jeu ! Avez-vous prit votre jeu pour un free-to-play en oubliant de le mettre gratuit ?
    Vous vous foutez de la gueule de vos consommateurs, je ne vois pas
    I'm french, sorry.
    Vous vous foutez de la gueule de vos consommateurs, je ne vois pas pourquoi je ne me foutrais pas de la vôtre.
  78. Feb 17, 2015
    I had hopes for this game, but then is like it has this things growing one its back. Some how publishers think is good for a game to push out a game 60% done then DLC everything in... This is just a bad times that games are pushed this way. But look at it likes someone going to be getting some new cars just think if haft of the people that like the game and the DLC how much money thereI had hopes for this game, but then is like it has this things growing one its back. Some how publishers think is good for a game to push out a game 60% done then DLC everything in... This is just a bad times that games are pushed this way. But look at it likes someone going to be getting some new cars just think if haft of the people that like the game and the DLC how much money there going to be making. Im just going to take haft of the positive one form steam, At the time is 4928. haft is 2464 Times the DLC and game cost Comes to $295,680 ^.=.^ WOW Not DLC pushing not making someone bank.

I'm Not giving it a 0 as its still playable with out the DLC but is just feel like a game haft of the price of the base game should have been around $35.00. SOooooo the base game is fun, I feel like I should hate the game on principle, BUT ! yes there is all was but. I do feel that you can still have some fun with this if you do wait for steam to put this thing on sell for 60 with all the DLC... why are you still reading this? go play a game or something.
  79. Feb 16, 2015
    Look, everyone knows it's crap by now, I don't need to say it. Just please don't waste your money on this garbage, please. Think of all the ice cream you could buy instead!
  80. Feb 16, 2015
    Feck you and your DLC money grabbing bullsheet. Just release a game and we'll buy it like in the old days. C0cks. more words more words more words.more words more words more words.
  81. Feb 28, 2015
    A very incomplete and repetitive game. Games end in 5 minutes because of an inexperienced monster or games last longer than 25 minutes because the tracker doesn't know how to locate and trap the monster.
  82. Feb 14, 2015
    I was super excited for this game to come out so i bought it the day it came out after a few days of playing i realised THEY **** IT UP! They spent so much time trying not to make the monsters op that what happend was 2 OF THE 3 MONSTERS SUCK SO MUCH! The only good being the Wraith.
    Talking about the monsters they also are going to release DLC with new monsters in it as you can expect they are going to be SO **** BROKEN THAT THE GAME WON'T BE PLAYABLE! All of the hunters seem balanced except for the medic Claira WICH SHOOTS GRENADES WITH RIDICULOUS AOE THAT HEAL PEOPLE AND YES THIS CAN REVIVE A DOWNED PLAYER! In an interview with the developers i heard him saying the team playtested the game for the past 3 years THEN HOW COME ON DAY 4 YOU HAVE AN 80% LOSS RATE AS MONSTER! THE GAME FEELS WAY TO CLOSED UP IT FEELS LIKE YOU'RE JUST ALWAYS WALKING THROUGH A MAZE WITH THE HUNTERS ALWAYS ON YOUR HEELS ATTACKING SEEMS WAY TO SLOW SO THE HUNTERS RARELY GET HIT IT FEELS LIKE YOU'RE TRYING TO SWAT DOWN 4 **** WASPS WHILE BEING CHAINED TO A WALL. Now for the hunters as the hunter you can pretty much know where the monster is at 24/7 because you move at the speed of sound because Claira keeps throwing speed buffs at you, assault is the main source of damage as you can imagine nothing special ive noticed, support can put a shield wich blocks all damage to wich he just dances around the monster blocking every and all attacks the monster tries to make and if you try and kill the support good luck BECAUSE HE'LL JUST FLY AWAY AND THERES ALMOST NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT BECAUSE THE MEDIC HEALS THE DAMAGE YOU JUST DID TO HIM WHILE THE TRAPPER JUST THROWS DOWN SPEAR TRAPS EVERYWHER MAKING SURE YOU DON'T MOVE, talking about Trapper it's easily the most boring class in the game all you do is dome it then just spam traps on the floor. And if you somehow manage to down someone don't worry BECAUSE CLAIRA **** WILL JUST SPAM BOMBS AND BRING HIM BACK TO LIVE BECAUSE **** YOU RIGHT?
  83. Feb 11, 2015
    When you need a Spreadsheet to explain all of the purchasing options, then YOU FAILED as a Dev!!! and yes, this game IS a DLC simulator! one of the co-founders even said it: "this game was built from the ground up around DLC." then, another co-founder went into damage control and said, no it is not.

WHO DO WE BELIEVE?
  84. Feb 15, 2015
    This game should have been an 8. The gameplay is quite fun. What really killed this game is that it isn't finished. Full of bugs and missing a lot of basic features. Trying to play has been a ridiculous chore, with two of my friends crashing out of the game constantly, the game inserting us into matches as spectators only, and mouse cursors staying on screen hovering around your crosshairThis game should have been an 8. The gameplay is quite fun. What really killed this game is that it isn't finished. Full of bugs and missing a lot of basic features. Trying to play has been a ridiculous chore, with two of my friends crashing out of the game constantly, the game inserting us into matches as spectators only, and mouse cursors staying on screen hovering around your crosshair in game. Combined with one of the monsters being kind of OP and substantially more frustrating to fight than the other two, and huge unskippable wait/load times between matches (averaging about 5 minutes) this game has fallen short of my expectations. The $95 australian price tag on steam is just the icing on top of this half baked mess. Expand
  85. Feb 27, 2015
    Is this supposed to be any fun? Tedious, borring, no compelling story. Single player is an excuse. No sense of progression. I have a fealing that nothing matters. Another over hyped piece of trash like Destiny and Titan Fall. When will we get some games with some meaning instead of this mindless rinse and repeat multiplayer for the sake of multiplayer.
  86. Feb 12, 2015
    I really want to give this game a good review. I really do, but I cant. 136$ worth of day one DLC on top of a $59.99 is unforgivable. No matter how good the game play is, shady business practices will always earn games poor reviews from me. If TRS decides to do something about the horrendous out of control DLC in this game I will revise this review.

Bottom line: Fine example of a good

Bottom line: Fine example of a good game being destroyed by greedy publishers. If you can get the game for under 30 dollars or as a game of the year edition with all the DLC included for 59.99 it might be worth it. Is it worth it right now? No way, I would rather plunge a screwdriver into both of my eyes and then rub them against sand paper than buy the game in it's overpriced condition.
  87. Mar 20, 2015
    A WARNING TO CUSTOMERS: This developer is using FAKE REVIEWS to bump his game's score. Please do look at accounts giving this game 9s and 10s. You will find that most of these accounts only have 1 review (of Evolve) and all were made recently. Coincidence ? No, just UNFAIR MARKETING.
    Here goes my review:
    Sadly I have to say I am disappointed and I feel scammed out of my money (I
    Here goes my review:
    Sadly I have to say I am disappointed and I feel scammed out of my money (I pre-ordered). We were promised a full game, while in reality we get like 40 % of the game for 60 $ and the rest is DLC that will cost you more than 100 $ to unlock if you want it all. That much DLC in a 60 $ title is a disgrace, and a lot of it is playable characters not just cosmetics.
    Another problem is lack of variety, each character only has 2 unique skills, and you have 12 characters to play with, but they play the same other than their look, voice and those 2 skills, such as mines or gas grenades. Monster are way better and more unique but there are only 3 to choose from. There are more hunters and monsters, but all sold as DLC.
    Maps are extremely boring and repetetive, which is a shame seeing that this is a game about hunting, so enviroment should be a priority. Each and every map consists of a small complex of buildings and a patch of wilderness surrounding it. Sometimes it's rocky, sometimes swampy and sometimes the rocks are covered in snow, but do not mistake it for variety, all the textures are equally gray and uninspired. Each map has the same animals and plants. There is only one original and fun map called "Aviary" which has a cool dome with tropical enviroment inside and winter outside.
    I also sadly have to add that the game suffers from numerous bugs, the matchmaking is absolutely horrible, not letting you really affect what class you play as (you can choose, but the system overrides that easy 75 % of the time). Not enough players to find a match on an afternoon a month after release do not help. You often get kicked out of lobbies, the game tends to freeze or get you spawned under the map, the net code is a glitchy mess and should still be in beta. Cheating is rampant and leaderboards broken since day 1.
    It's not all bad though !Balance is okayish for release day, no character is useless and nobody is truly OP. The monster gameplay really reward clever tactics and punishes mindless run-feed-fight mentality. The hunters rely heavily on co-op, so getting some friends is highly recommended.
    If it gets on sale, get it. Otherwise stay clear of this disgusting cash-grab. The core game is fun to play, and the game would get probably 7 or 8 if not the huge issues that I described. 4/10
  88. Apr 25, 2015
    You know what? I like this game. I really like it!!!!!! I just cant recommend it when its just an evidence of how corrupted the gaming industry is. Its marcketing strategies are horrible.

I love the characters, each of them with their own abilities and place in the group. Assault hurts, support "supports", medic cures and trapper "traps", All of them are essential for the whole game. This team-work, apart from being essential, is amazing! True that Bucket may be a bit OP, though xD. Being the monster is also entertaining, although I prefer playing as a hunter. There are some original mechanics, as the fact that you have to follow footprints, or the flying birds which tell you where the monster is. I have an small complait, and that is the OP of wraith´s "duplication" ability, even though its good to have varied monsters, I think thats too much. Maps are ok, animations are ok, AI IS EXTREMELY GOOD. game modes are scarce, but good. Hunting, or the main game mode, isnt that special, but defence or nest are amazing. I guess that compensates it, even though there is a huge lack of modes.

The bads are that it iss extremely dependant on the ability odf the playeer. Some games will last 25 mins, and will be immersive and exciting, others will last 3 mins or 45, being a walking simulator. The biggest WTF of the game is its pricing. WFT, 2K, the game, for what it offers, should be a 30 € game, even a free to play (although thats asking for too much) and DLCs are, in total 37 bucks, like... are you even serios. We accept the lack of characters, monsters and game modes, but not this. NOT THIS. Bad, 2k, really bad! Thats the perfect way of ruining a game that would have been a breath of fresh air for the shooter genre. Just, ugh.

GRAPHICS: good, but not astonishing. I mean, its a shooter, 7.5

-Duration
    -No story mode

7/10 - 3 = 4/10
  89. Feb 11, 2015
    Take a cool concept and completely murder it with a low amount of content and terrible business model, and you get Evolve. The only good aspects of the game is it's concept and atmosphere. It has a campaign that you can beat in under and hour (that still manages to be repetitive). The core gameplay is a game of hide and seek. This is a monster game with only 3 monsters, and double theTake a cool concept and completely murder it with a low amount of content and terrible business model, and you get Evolve. The only good aspects of the game is it's concept and atmosphere. It has a campaign that you can beat in under and hour (that still manages to be repetitive). The core gameplay is a game of hide and seek. This is a monster game with only 3 monsters, and double the content planned for overpriced DLC. You shouldn't charge $15 dollars a monster when the base game is already severely lacking in content. It is an extremly underhanded thing to do. The DLC isn't just skins for vanity, it is core parts of the gameplay that are missing from a $60 game. The game itself deserves a mere 3/10, however as a gamer, the studio and it's practices deserve a 0/10. Hopefully the negative backlash will show AAA companies what not to do. Expand
  90. Feb 14, 2015
    Hey, Turtle Rock, next time try selling the game all at once for a reasonable sum, or sell it piecemeal through the free-to-play process -- but don't be dicks and try to do both. It's really repugnant and has been the sole reason I have not purchased this game.
  91. Feb 15, 2015
    i was really pumped for this game initially until more details came out, once i played it my fears were true, this game is not worth it, the horrible dlc and mmicrotransactions are killing this game and the entire gaming industry. i rememberyou used to unlock new weapons, maps, and skins by playing the game, gave you a reason to keep playing, now you have to buy them all. dont buy thisi was really pumped for this game initially until more details came out, once i played it my fears were true, this game is not worth it, the horrible dlc and mmicrotransactions are killing this game and the entire gaming industry. i rememberyou used to unlock new weapons, maps, and skins by playing the game, gave you a reason to keep playing, now you have to buy them all. dont buy this game, dont support **** practices like this. Expand
  92. Feb 15, 2015
    This game has everything.

Action, great graphics, great premise, great sound.

Sadly it is missing the one thing games absolutely require:

FUN

Its really just not a fun game. Left for Dead was and still is a blast. This is just drab.

And like others mentioned, the DLC really is a pretty obscene cash grab.

- P
  93. zlg
    Feb 16, 2015
    The content in this game does not worth $50. They could have put a tutorials for every char as least, when you have only one game mode, the least would be to explain it correctly.
    At the end of the day, monster or hunter, you spend 15 minutes to run around before having one or two messy teamfight where on side wins. Would be better if 3 friends had the game, but I can't recommand it to them.
  94. Mar 2, 2015
    Don't buy this game. The publisher built a game on the F2P model and charged $60 for it.

I've never spent more money for less content. It's a joke. There just isn't much to do. Be prepared to grind the same map to access character variations. Other reviews have said the same, but it's boring and repetitive. Bugs galore--simple ones that never should have made it to launch and somehow

Bugs galore--simple ones that never should have made it to launch and somehow still aren't fixed.

Like playing with friends? Well, hope you don't want to play against each other because that's not an option.
  95. Feb 15, 2015
    Heh Heh Heh. Somebody actually thought you could sell a multiplayer only game for 60 bucks and throw in incredibly needless DLC and not get metabombed. What a joke.
  96. Feb 11, 2015
    Honestly, it was against my better judgement to even get the game at $60. I have played the game at Pre-Alpha, Alpha, and Beta and I really haven't seen much growth in the game from any point to release. The game seems to be a DLC cash cow that they are trying to milk dry.

The Graphics are awesome. The Audio is awesome. But the game play just is not there. The game is too small in

The Graphics are awesome.
    The Audio is awesome.
    But the game play just is not there.
    The game is too small in terms of content for $60, it is much closer to a $30 or $40 game.
    The Day-One DLC is also unacceptable.
  97. Feb 18, 2015
    Yeni nesil konsollardaki başarısız portlama, sadece taktik bir shooter için 60$ tam oyun fiyatı, oyun çıkışına eşlik eden 100$+ DLC'ler bu oyun hakkındaki olumlu düşüncelerim tamamını sildi süpürdü.
  98. Feb 24, 2015
    so ign gave this **** 9.. its boring crap repetetive ..order is far better den this game... dont waste ur time buying this game...ignore...instead wait for other games releasing...
  99. Feb 14, 2015
    I love multiplayer shooters, and was excited for Evolve, but it's just not fun. When playing as the Hunters, you end up just aimlessly running around forever looking for the monster; it gets boring fast. And to succeed as the Monster, you have to hide from the Hunters for a long time before you're strong enough to fight back, so there ends up just being way to much time playingI love multiplayer shooters, and was excited for Evolve, but it's just not fun. When playing as the Hunters, you end up just aimlessly running around forever looking for the monster; it gets boring fast. And to succeed as the Monster, you have to hide from the Hunters for a long time before you're strong enough to fight back, so there ends up just being way to much time playing hide-and-go-seek. Also, the time between matches is absurdly long. Expand
  100. Feb 11, 2015
    Though scenic, with decent voice actors, several unlockable Hunters and Monsters, and eclectic design, Evolve has some major issues. There is no real campaign mode. You CAN run a solo game with AI controlling the other four characters, but it gets repetitive very quickly when you have to grind to unlock the sequential characters. To move up to the next tier, to unlock the next character inThough scenic, with decent voice actors, several unlockable Hunters and Monsters, and eclectic design, Evolve has some major issues. There is no real campaign mode. You CAN run a solo game with AI controlling the other four characters, but it gets repetitive very quickly when you have to grind to unlock the sequential characters. To move up to the next tier, to unlock the next character in the sequence, you must obtain a certain level across your gear-set. My meaning is that, if you want to unlock the second Assault class Hunter, then you must level up all Markov's weapons and abilities. Though you may favor certain items, you must use everything to level up. So if you dislike using his Arc Mines; unfortunately, you just have to grind through if you want another character. It isn't skill based, just time.

As for the complaints pouring in on all fronts, the DLC. Yes, everything beyond the Season Pass is all cosmetic (Monster skins and weapons skins. Nothing to alter the look of the Hunters, themselves), but it is still needlessly expensive. Especially when you see the extreme lack of singe player content and customization. The customization, other than the weapon and Monster skins, is limited to the player emblem. Not exactly satisfying. You cannot exactly make your character your own. They should have taken a lesson from Zombie Studios' free-to-play, Blacklight Retribution. At least when using Blacklight's "Hero" characters you can select your weapons and skins can be used for weapons, gear, AND characters. It even has more content than Evolve. Which brings me to the multiplayer.

My verdict: It is obvious that Evolve is meant to be played only in multiplayer, why else would the "campaign" be nothing but AI controlled (poorly done, at that) version of the multiplayer. However, there seems to be an issue which it not allowing some players to use their purchased skins in-game. So don't count on all of your friends joining you soon. If fact, I foresee a massive flood of traded copies arriving in your local GameStop. Pick it us cheap, it may be worth a few buck (if they can work out the bugs).

Generally favorable reviews - based on 39 Critic Reviews

1. Nov 1, 2015
    Evolve is unquestionably one of the best multiplayer games to arrive in the last few years.
  2. Apr 19, 2015
    When Evolve plays nice and doesn’t annoy you with technical problems, it is kind of fun, provided you play not more than one campaign a day. But, really, you can get the same fun in any decent f2p shooter. Like Team Fortress 2, for example.
  3. Games Master UK
    Apr 9, 2015
    Imbalanced and repetitive to a disappointing degree, but when it hits the mark it can be great. [April 2015, p.56]