5.6

1. Feb 28, 2022
    Para um jogo de kart, ainda deixa muito a desejar, mas pode proporcionar algumas boas horas de diversão. Todavia, um dos aspectos mais importantes do gênero é a afeição possuída por alguns personagens, como é o caso do Mario Kart ou Crash Team Racing, o que não existe aqui, uma vez que os personagens jogáveis são os pilotos da Fórmula 1. Entretanto, o título possui uma boa adaptação doPara um jogo de kart, ainda deixa muito a desejar, mas pode proporcionar algumas boas horas de diversão. Todavia, um dos aspectos mais importantes do gênero é a afeição possuída por alguns personagens, como é o caso do Mario Kart ou Crash Team Racing, o que não existe aqui, uma vez que os personagens jogáveis são os pilotos da Fórmula 1. Entretanto, o título possui uma boa adaptação do gênero de corrida automobilística para kart e pode ser uma alternativa de gameplay com os amigos. Expand
  2. Jan 23, 2021
    I played this game together with my little son. And if you play a little, this game can be fun. But it gets boring quickly.
  3. Jun 21, 2020
    I haven't enjoy Mario kart in forever this game is the best love the pits for super damaged karts. short cuts r a bit insane but i feel all in all very fun light hearted game for racers and not who aren't trying to race seriously.
  4. Apr 22, 2020
    To make a good Mario Kart like you need a lot of ingredients, and unfortunately F1 Race Stars lacks many of them.

It was certainly a good idea to transpose the F1 world into a flashy, cartoony world, turn the F1 pilots into cute little guys and revisit the circuits with much more fantasy, but there are too many flaws in the game design: 1) Mario Kart excels at what I would call

1) Mario Kart excels at what I would call "balance in imbalance": although the players receive different objects depending on their current spots, the difference is clearly readable. You know what kind of objects you are likely to receive depending on your spot. Shortcuts in MK give an advantage, but usually this advantage rewards the player for crossing a certain obstacle (achieving a hard jump, using a turbo at the right tempo).
    F1 Race Stars feels like imbalance is total and unrewarding: some paths (which I guess we should call shortcuts) are simply much, much faster than others for no obvious reason (they're not harder to reach for example). Object are of unequal strength, but their relative usefulness is not totally correlated to your current spot in the race.

2) Speaking of objects, 90% of them are bubbles and only differ by the colour, which makes it difficult to remember which object does what.

3) Because the imbalance, one could expect that some elements are brought to the gameplay to introduce a bit of "skill", but that is not the case. The gameplay is even more basic than the one of similar games, as you can just accelerate, turn and throw objects. And that's it. No drifting, vehicle customisation, changing gears... It is just all about turning and using objects. And because of this, the lack of balance feels even worse.

4) Circuits are well designed in my opinion, but the game still lacks a real "personality" because of the pilots. It doesn't matter who you choose, the difference just sums up to a very little advantage in one aspect of the gameplay. Well it obviously changes the brand of your car and the haircut of your pilot, but visually or gameplay-wise it does not feel at all like changing from Mario to Bowser. Even the voice lines are not really special, making the choice of the character quite "bland".

Can't recommend. Even if you just have a PC, Sonic & All Stars Racing is better for example.
  5. Oct 24, 2015
    F1 Race Stars is a great arcade racer with off the wall collectable bonuses and power-ups or hazards. Great humour and flawless gameplay. In the tradition of Sonic All Stars racing or Mario Kart ... but be warned, this one is on steroids. Controls are smooth and intuitive with full support for an X-Box 360 wireless game pad controller. This game is really fun to play and comes highly recommended!
  6. Dec 23, 2013
    Imagine Mario Kart landed on PC with the karts changed to mini F1 cars and the characters changed to mini F1 racers. Yeah you get this game.

This game has plentiful locations to drive and the graphics are fine for me. However, the whole game is too cartoon that even Mario Kart looks more realistic than this game. However, the game is not as fun as Mario Kart. First, the gameplay is

First, the gameplay is not very good. For mario-kart-style games, there're always boosts and drifts and powerups. I know F1 cars don't drift, but the game is not realistic already (you won't see real F1 cars get boost when rolling through a boost pad) and the game is somehow boring without boosting, boosting and boosting. Also, the keys are actually unfair that if AI got it, he will be going to the secret passage for 101% and go to the front like he's cheating. Even Mario Kart's routes are not as ridiculous as this.

Another issue is the control problem. I understand F1 cars are not like mario karts but I can't believe AI opponents can go through curves without braking meanwhile I have to press the down arrow once to go through it without crashing.

This game is fun but I think there's an age limit to this game, like 3-12. Teenagers or older will find this game pretty ...um... boring. I hate comparing games but this game is not very good when compared to other similar games.
  7. Oct 17, 2013
    While the game is fun for what it is There are no voices for Michael Schumacher or Nico Rosberg. I'm amazed that no reviewer that I can find anywhere, made any mention of this... so much for thorough in-depth reviews these days...
    The issue itself is small, but it's the spirit behind not completing the game that bothers me.
  8. Sep 18, 2013
    A good, Mario Kart-ish, type of racing for the PC. The game is not that expensive if you know where to look, and will provide you a couple of fun evenings with friends, whether they are racing next to you in splitscreen mode, or on the other side of the world in online play (Which supports up to 12 players), you're guaranteed to have fun. The lack of controller support, controlA good, Mario Kart-ish, type of racing for the PC. The game is not that expensive if you know where to look, and will provide you a couple of fun evenings with friends, whether they are racing next to you in splitscreen mode, or on the other side of the world in online play (Which supports up to 12 players), you're guaranteed to have fun. The lack of controller support, control customization, lack of online career mode, and the far too expensive DLC (5,00 euros for 1 track) mean I have to take 2 points off the perfect score. This game is only enjoyable if you buy and play it with friends, and if you look in the online menu, you'll find a ''hidden'' option for a lot of race types, like elimination, Pole Position, Refuel, and slalom. A good game, if you know where to look. Expand
  9. Jul 12, 2013
    This is at best an indie game, the release does not warrant a full game or the hefty price. Some might call it a Mario kart clone but it is void of the charm and character you get in a Nintendo game.
  10. Jun 6, 2013
    This game wants to be a LEGO Racers successor, but the chaotic gameplay with some idiot ideas destroys the whole game experience. Anyway, playing with only friends without AI players, it can be a fun, but with AI players it's terrible.
  11. AWG
    Jun 4, 2013
    PROS: circuits, real drivers, graphics, power ups (a solid 10).
    CONS: broken multiplayer mode, unfair AI, fake female pink drivers (barely a 5).
    This game was perfect to have a break from the serious side of the F1 (i.e. F1 2012, by Codemasters too) but the broken matchmaking in multiplayer mode killed the fun.
  12. Dec 6, 2012
    Really fun game, loved every moment of it, not for everybody though.But I'm not sure I would have the patience for a relatively primitive interface from an older game like that and i was planning on checking out this update. A side by side would probably make that decision for me.
  13. Nov 17, 2012
    I really liked every aspect of this game. In my opinion it is important to appreciate this game as more of an indie title rather than a AAA. I have enjoyed this game most when playing local 4 player split screen, it's quick and easy to pick up which is my favorite characteristic in most things in life.

Haters will say "Mario blah blah blah moan moan moan", but as far as Mario clones this is a really polished example. The cut scenes are a good with obvious time going into the tools used. Into racing games? Give this a chance.
  14. Nov 14, 2012
    Maybe it's because I'm a F1 fan... but I really love this game. The driving model is what most will complain about the game... but if F1 cars don't drift, why should this game drift like every other Mario Kart clone out there? This driving model is still good arcade-style fun, but rewards good racing line and taking advantage of the KERS boost out of the marked corners. Most of all...Maybe it's because I'm a F1 fan... but I really love this game. The driving model is what most will complain about the game... but if F1 cars don't drift, why should this game drift like every other Mario Kart clone out there? This driving model is still good arcade-style fun, but rewards good racing line and taking advantage of the KERS boost out of the marked corners. Most of all... the track design is awesome with mixing parts of the real life circuits with regionally themed fantasy sections. Collapse
  15. Nov 14, 2012

Mixed or average reviews - based on 8 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Feb 4, 2013
    Interesting race game at first glance fires all of its ammunition in the opening ten minutes of play. After that there is nothing more to offer. [Jan 2013]
  2. PC Gamer
    Feb 1, 2013
    The whole thing feels a bit bland. [March 2013, p.73]
  3. Jan 29, 2013
    A fun, light-hearted take on Formula 1, F1 Race Stars offers a great opportunity to beat any of well-known drivers, including the current champion of the world.