9.6

1. Aug 16, 2020
    Loved this game since beta. If you like to plan, build and automate stuff play this game.

Factory must grow.
  2. Aug 16, 2020
    To those who enjoy the automation puzzle niche, Factorio is the epitome of its genre.

Carefully crafted and well-tested by millions of fan-hours during a long early access period, if the base game starts to lose its appeal, tweakable difficulty settings and a rich modding scene offers even more options for longevity. The popular Angels and Bobs mods alone can add a complexity that rivals a modern chemical plant.

The popular half-joke about its compulsive nature and affect on sleep schedules should be taken seriously as it is level with Civilisation games of yore for that “one more turn” temptation, and that temptation can only stem from a masterpiece of a game.
  3. Aug 16, 2020
  4. Aug 16, 2020
    Simply the best game ever for me ! And when you think you did everything you discover mods and your hours counter explode!
  5. Aug 16, 2020
    Been playing since 0.16, this is one of the best games ever made and now it's finally got a 1.0 release.
    The game has a learning curve, you might want to check out video tutorials on youtube due to the complexity of some mechanics.
    Factorio is a perfect blend between base building, resource management, micro management and tower defense. The world is procedural generated by parameters
    The world is procedural generated by parameters which you can tweak and choose, want more enemies? got it! want less? got it! want to make them more aggressive? got it? just want to chill without any enemies and just build a factory to launch the rocket? you can! more resources? YES! less resources? YES!
    A playthrough can last from the world record of 2 hours to a OCD scratching 500-1000 hours and beyond, the limit is only your imagination.
    Build complex train network, try your hand in programming via the circuit network with logic gates and fully automated smart production. Organize your base to be the most efficient and in ratio, or create a spaghetti mess, all up to you.
    Oh, and if your imagination is limited or you run out of stuff to do, there are hundreds and thousands of mods, some add quality of life items and systems, and some change the whole game into something completely new! Start a game on a deserted island (yes, just like a minecraft skyblock only on water), survive a post industrial apocalyptic world, add hundreds more recipes, complicate existing ones for higher difficulty.
    There is no better value for 30$ anywhere.
  6. Aug 16, 2020
    I played since beta. This is how you do beta game development! 10/10. And the game is really addictive. Don't buy if you don't have a lot of time ( :
  7. Aug 19, 2020
    This game is an absolute must for any strategy/logistic fans
    be warned this game is addictive, the scope for refining tactic is near limitless
    this game has 1000+ hours of play available, never feels like a grind
    not played multiplayer yet
    Creeper World 3 & this are the best 2 strategy games I've ever played
    GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY
  8. Aug 15, 2020
    Awesome game! The best i have ever played! Graphics is not the best but i like it
  9. Aug 19, 2020
    Steam says:

"You've played for 1542 hours" Would you recommend this game to other players? Yes. Yes I would. Not only is it one of the most well optimised and bug-free titles this century, it is highly addictive, brain engaging yet somewhat relaxing at the same time, challenging yet never too stressful (unless you punish yourself with harder modes). The modding community is huge
    Steam says:

"You've played for 1542 hours"
    Would you recommend this game to other players?

The modding community is huge (and loved/supported by the devs, some of whom make mods themselves), the devs are meticulous at fixing problems and keeping the players updated on what they are doing, it's really just the greatest game of all time so far. I really can't sing its praises loud enough. When you factor in that it's a new company who self publish, it just gets better.

If you haven't bought this game, buy it.
  10. Aug 17, 2020
    Always kill trees. Always kill biters. Transform the entire planet into your factory. The factory must grow.
  11. Aug 17, 2020
    Best resource management game ever I have always enjoyed managing every single title of detail. Endless content
  12. Aug 19, 2020
    This is the perfect game for me as I like to automate things. I enjoyed how the gameplay evolves from manual mining to a fully automated factory able to launch rockets into space by crafting them all the way from the basic ingredients going through numerous stages of processing.
  13. Aug 17, 2020
    I have racked up 690 hours on this and I am not getting bored of it. Long live Factorio and it's developers.
  14. Aug 17, 2020
    This is the best game investment I ever did. Will be very surprised if I'm not at several thousand hours of game play in a few years and by then will have introduced my oldest kids. If you are prone to addiction I would stay away from this game, but otherwise; JUST BUY IT!

Probably the best game I've ever played. Once you have the "There is no spoon" achievement, just add mods and the best game becomes even better. Been a gamer for 35 years, played every genre from fighting games, simulations, RTS, FPS, etc etc for thousands of hours.

Recommend for everyone. Don't think it's only for engineers. If you like puzzles or strategy you'll love this, if you like anything except for pure social games or button mashing you will enjoy this for many many hours. This game creates what is called flow, and it does it without ladders or leveling.
  15. Aug 18, 2020
    Nejvíc nejlepší hra tohoto typu za posledních 10 let. Neskutečně chytlavá, propracovaná a neskutečně skvěle optimalizovaná. Člověk to pustí že jen na hodinu, dvě.. Najednou jsou 3 ráno a já řeším že proč zas něco dochází a kam se podelo všechno železo.. Tak se rozhodni jen lehce něco přidat.. Začíná svitat a já bych měl jít do postele.. Ale Factory must GROW!
  16. Aug 31, 2020
    This game is a time machine - you start playing, then suddenly it's 5AM and you have to go to work in a couple of hours.

Avoid at all costs if you won't be able to handle endless dreams about conveyor belts carrying coal.
  17. Aug 28, 2020
    One of the best games ever made, this game was almost unique in its genre when it came out, it executed it's idea extremely well, the game has almost no bugs, no issues.

The modding community is extremely good, letting you customize the game to fit every need you might have, either giving you more tools to accomplish the tasks the game sets before you, or making the game ten times harder.

Altough the graphics style might not be for everyone, it personally find the sprites extremely beautiful, and some of the things you find on mods surpass even vanilla.
  18. Aug 18, 2020
    Amazing game, but extremely addictive (there is a tight feedback loop). I would honestly not recommend b/c you might get sucked in and lose your job :)
  19. Aug 25, 2020
    Факторио это когда "Всё хорошо, но переделывай!"
  20. Aug 16, 2020
    What an amazing game. 500 hours in and still loving it. The devs also deserve all of the praise. Such an amazing company. The game may seem complex for newcomers but if you get over initial confusion the wonder and possibilities that explode in your mind... The feeling is priceless.
  21. Aug 16, 2020
    Fantastic game! 600+ hours in the game and I still look forward to starting a new map with a friend. Great vanilla base game and fantastic modding community which adds both Quality of Life and total overhauls, pick your poison. Hats off to great developers who really listen to the community
  22. Aug 16, 2020
    Great and complicated game for long hours and didn't need super PC. If you must want play hour before go to bed, dont play.
  23. Aug 16, 2020
    Great game. The main focus is building a giant factory so you can launch a rocket. Every map is randomly generated, and every playthrough is different. Keep in mind that you can spend hundreds of hours on a single map!
    Also, mods!
    So many mods!
    The devs are cool and always listen to our feedback to make the game better.
  24. Aug 16, 2020
    The factory must grow. A simple game that is anything but. With a few core pieces and some easy to grasp mechanics anyone can feel like a big brained Logitian.

One of the most dedicated dev teams have made quite possible the most stable game I've ever played.

Oh and mod support with over 5000 mods BEFORE launch.

Have fun.
  25. Aug 16, 2020
    Factorio is so fun and addictive, and the love and commitment the developers have put into every aspect of this game is extremely apparent. I couldn't recommend this game more highly.
  26. Aug 17, 2020
    A great game, with the best Dev team. Stable, no sudden crashes, except your spacecraft! No bugs, except the biters!

Hours and hours of great gameplay.
  27. Aug 17, 2020
    The most addictive, the most fun, the most time consuming game I've ever played. There's no story. Just belts, incerters, progression and pure gameplay.
  28. Aug 17, 2020
    I have been playing this game for two years, in early access. The biggest issue with the game is that its very addictive. If you have OCD this is the game for you. If you dont want to kill anything but stretch your mind...turn off the Enemy (biters) and play peaceful...but still tax your mind. The idea is you have crash landed on a planet and you have to build a rocket to leave. in myI have been playing this game for two years, in early access. The biggest issue with the game is that its very addictive. If you have OCD this is the game for you. If you dont want to kill anything but stretch your mind...turn off the Enemy (biters) and play peaceful...but still tax your mind. The idea is you have crash landed on a planet and you have to build a rocket to leave. in my 2,500+ hours in game...I have launched a few rockets but the aim for me is the automation of the building of the factory. The rocket is a second or third aim...but the rocket animation is great. Probably the most time spent in one game and for $30...that's under 1 US cent per hour for me to this point. Expand
  29. Aug 17, 2020
    Best Game EVER !! 1000 hours of pleasure and automation to build a huge megabase
  30. Aug 17, 2020
    Great game that keeps you thinking and can be played over and over and over again
  31. Aug 17, 2020
    Factorio is so much better than I could ever describe in 5000 letters. But know this. I just made an account just to rate this masterpiece of art. 10/10
  32. Aug 17, 2020
    The best thousand hours of my life. A classic that keeps on giving. The devs are very active, the game play is extremely fun and addictive, the game is beautiful, and the performance is spectacular. Infinite depth. 10/10
  33. Aug 17, 2020
    This game is not for everyone. It can feel grindy, especially when you are new.

But man, is it the perfect game for me. I have 900 hours in this game. I still haven't mastered it.

The factory must grow!
  34. Aug 17, 2020
    If you are into problem-solving, building, programming,automation or puzzle game, this, is where you next few hundreds hours will go.
  35. Aug 25, 2020
    You'll either play this less than 4 hours or you'll be playing till 4 am.
    Before you start, set an alarm for food and then a couple more for getting ready for work/school in the morning.
    This is not a joke, set alarms, it's this addictive. #TheFactoryMustGrow #Cracktorio
    (copy pasta'd my review from steam: Posted: 30 Jun, 2019)
  36. Sep 1, 2020
    Это настоящая игра 2020 года! В нее не возможно не залипнуть. Новые режимы, PvP, мультиплеер, логика, логистика. Такой огромный мир. Прекрасная игра для разминки ума. Проектирование новых схем это отдельное удовольствие. особенно когда по прошествии времени все работает как задумал или даже лучше. А если нет, то переделываешь. Первые 400 часов пролетели незаметно и интерес играть неЭто настоящая игра 2020 года! В нее не возможно не залипнуть. Новые режимы, PvP, мультиплеер, логика, логистика. Такой огромный мир. Прекрасная игра для разминки ума. Проектирование новых схем это отдельное удовольствие. особенно когда по прошествии времени все работает как задумал или даже лучше. А если нет, то переделываешь. Первые 400 часов пролетели незаметно и интерес играть не пропал. Expand
  37. Aug 15, 2020
    Best game. fastest 200h in my life. Best gameplay with good perfomance. Mod is good too, some of them can't change 80% gameplay.
  38. Aug 15, 2020
    I don't need friends, family nor food.
    I've got my favtory. And the factory must grow
  39. Aug 16, 2020
    Best building RTS ever... This is game what we prayed for all those years...
  40. Aug 17, 2020
    I have about 1100 hours in this game. This game is just like Civilization "One more turn" and you lost about a nights sleep. But in factorio it is like i have want to optimize my production and suddenly you realize it is light out side.
  41. Aug 25, 2020
    I like logistics games and wanted to like this game. I put about 20 hours into it so far. There does not appear to be any competitive pressure in the game. Its a big world but the only decision you have is what area has the majority of the resources you need. I can tinker with my belt lines, reduce the amount of work I need to do by hand -- all reasonably well done. I just dont see aI like logistics games and wanted to like this game. I put about 20 hours into it so far. There does not appear to be any competitive pressure in the game. Its a big world but the only decision you have is what area has the majority of the resources you need. I can tinker with my belt lines, reduce the amount of work I need to do by hand -- all reasonably well done. I just dont see a reason to load it up again. There is nothing compelling to take you out of your base building tinker mode. I dont regret the 20 hours and I probably just barely got my money's worth, but its nowhere near the class of games that I would go back to over and over again. Expand
  42. Aug 16, 2020
    Incredible game, never imagined building factories could be son fun. I have over 800h of play time, this is the best game deal of my entire life. Really good support from the developers, endless mods, I have nothing but praise for this masterpiece.
  43. Aug 16, 2020
    I haven't left my room in about 3, maybe 4 years... I keep seeing all these memes about 2020 being a bad year but I don't see why. Factorio finally left early access and I couldn't be happier. So if you've got a year to spare, you should definitely try it!
  44. Aug 15, 2020
    Легендарная игра, поражающая со всех своих сторон. Кроме очевидно уникального геймплея, тут продумано буквально все, каждая мелочь, разработчики уделяют внимание всем аспектам игры, прислушиваются к сообществу, постоянно шлифуют и дорабатывают игру. Широчайшая поддержка модификаций, лучшая оптимизация из всего что я видел (как они добились просчета сотен тысяч машин и маршрутов безЛегендарная игра, поражающая со всех своих сторон. Кроме очевидно уникального геймплея, тут продумано буквально все, каждая мелочь, разработчики уделяют внимание всем аспектам игры, прислушиваются к сообществу, постоянно шлифуют и дорабатывают игру. Широчайшая поддержка модификаций, лучшая оптимизация из всего что я видел (как они добились просчета сотен тысяч машин и маршрутов без лагов?). Мои поздравления с выходом в релиз! Expand
  45. Aug 16, 2020
    Best sandbox game I've every played.

If you have personal life, forget about it. You won't even have a chance to understand were did you get those 300 hours playtime. This game is your new family/boyfriend/girlfriend. The typical play session looks like this: OKAY, it's 23:57. 3 more minutes and I go to bed ...gonna put one more assembling machine here... and here we go. Now I can go
    Best sandbox game I've every played.

OKAY, it's 23:57. 3 more minutes and I go to bed ...gonna put one more assembling machine here... and here we go. Now I can go to slee... WAT DA HELL, it's 7:43 already?!

15 unsleeping nights out of 10.
  46. Aug 22, 2020
    I cannot honestly praise this game enough. It's virtually flawless. And has addiction levels somewhere up there with class A drugs. If you have OCD, any form of autism, are a perfectionist, then this game will hit all your buttons at once. Simply fantastic.
  47. Aug 16, 2020
    This is how one makes 10/10 legendary masterpiece game!

Also, be sure to checkout mod community.

Factory must grow! (only 464hrs) ;)
  48. Aug 16, 2020
    The best game i ever played. Makes you forget that time exist. I have countless sleepless night. It is highly addictive. Easy game to get into and very hard to master
  49. Aug 16, 2020
    Este es el juego más maravilloso, completo, entretenido y bien hecho al que he jugado. Su soporte para mods es increíble, es fácil de empezar e inacabable para dominarlo. Crear tu factoria y verla crecer, automatizarse y optimizarse es una sensación inigualable. Tras 3 años jugando la versión early access, es una alegría ver que al fin se libera como juego completo y creo sinceramente queEste es el juego más maravilloso, completo, entretenido y bien hecho al que he jugado. Su soporte para mods es increíble, es fácil de empezar e inacabable para dominarlo. Crear tu factoria y verla crecer, automatizarse y optimizarse es una sensación inigualable. Tras 3 años jugando la versión early access, es una alegría ver que al fin se libera como juego completo y creo sinceramente que cualquiera que no lo haya probado, debería hacerlo. En fin, hasta he accedido por primera vez a Metacritic para poder dejar esta merecida reseña. Juego del año, juego de la década, y seguramente juego de toda una vida!!! Expand
  50. Aug 16, 2020
    With out a doubt one of the greatest games I’ve ever played. 10/10 would recommend to anyone.
  51. Aug 18, 2020
    Boring game, there's no goal, no pleasure, it's ugly, go work in a factory and make money is better than playing such games.
  52. Aug 20, 2020
    Boring management. You do the same thing, it gets boring after a couple of hours. Progress is made in stages, there are no differences in the stages, just more time to build a new one.
  53. Sep 29, 2020
    I could write a long review about how great game this is, but I don't want to waste your time. It's time you could spend playing Factorio.
  54. Aug 25, 2020
    Automation perfected. A brilliant creative puzzle game. The game gives you an insurmountable task, then gives you an idea of a small step you can take towards it with what you can do now. Once you do that, you realize you can take another small step, and 50 hours later you've almost completed that herculean task that seemed so far off at the beginning: Getting off the alien rock you'reAutomation perfected. A brilliant creative puzzle game. The game gives you an insurmountable task, then gives you an idea of a small step you can take towards it with what you can do now. Once you do that, you realize you can take another small step, and 50 hours later you've almost completed that herculean task that seemed so far off at the beginning: Getting off the alien rock you're stuck on.

The factory must grow.
  55. Zyo
    Aug 27, 2020
    Building, planning, automating... Awesome game! You can play online with or against other players.
  56. Aug 18, 2020
    I can edit the map manually with extreme rich resources by adjusting whatever I like before I start a new game. So I can start consume plenty of time to build my factory basement. The game just play like never ending, like play from day to night. Until I forget to eat my breakfast, lunch and dinner, also forget to bath and sleep.
  57. Aug 29, 2020
    This game is all about automation, and in it, it was perfect. Pleasant graphics, awesome game-play, good replay potential, full mod support. Looks like legendary game for years.
  58. Oct 10, 2020
    Incredible game, best in in genre. Only 'negative' is no matter how many hours you have you always feel dumb.
  59. Sep 24, 2020
    Шедевр! Игра на 500+ часов. Спасибо, уважаемые разработчики, за столь прекрасный, сделанный с любовью и заботой огромный и живой мир.
  60. Oct 2, 2020
    This is one of my favorite games ever, I don't even know how to review it, because it's just too perfect in it's genre. It's so perfect that this game should be placed as an Standard of engineering games in International Bureau of Weights and Measures.
  61. Sep 16, 2020
    Nice sandbox. Bought it after 5 min of demo version.
    Build, plan and automate you factory.
    Then automate your automated factory again.
  62. Aug 28, 2020
    I have almost 400 hours of playing time and still play. I love this game and recommend it to everyone!
  63. Aug 18, 2020
    I have only played 8 hours, which is nothing compared to most people in this game, but I am enjoying it so far. Very engaging in how you automate everything and how you're always thinking of how to make it more efficient. Would recommend to anyone to try. Also, it's only 3 gigs.
  64. Aug 28, 2020
    ‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍
  65. Sep 15, 2020
    This game is great, very well crafted and innovative. You can sink hundreds of hours in this game and it never gets boring. Congratulations.
  66. Aug 20, 2020
    Played hundreds of hours and still not bored... This game is Better than drugs !
  67. Aug 16, 2020
    Masterpiece, 10/10. Make sure you have nothing RL important to do because... the factory must grow.
  68. Aug 16, 2020
    I've had it since early acess (and it's been in there quite a while but well worth the wait for 1.0) and it's been an amazing process and I love the game with all of my being
  69. Aug 16, 2020
    Best game, it may look simple game, but it is complex game. It will push you to grow your factory and make it efficient as possible.
  70. Aug 16, 2020
    This game is not bad. I gave it at least a few thousand hours of gameplay in three years.
  71. Aug 16, 2020
    If you like management and logistic type games with a sprinkle of tower defence this game is a must try
  72. Sep 7, 2020
    Fantastic game! 8 years of developing and an active community. 350 hours of playing and i loving it
  73. Aug 16, 2020
    Craft, Build, Survive
    Best game
    Mods make the game better
    Unique graphics good to view
  74. Aug 16, 2020
    Been playing this since the Steam EA release, absolutely the best devs in the world. The game itself is addictive as hell, but also great for kids as it's quite educational. Positive and helpful community as well. My #1 game of All Time.
  75. Aug 16, 2020
    Extremely addicting game with amazing developers that are constant contact with the community and release updates more often than any others Ive seen. Because of the fantastic modding community, the game offers basically an infinite amount of gameplay. The only bad thing i can think about this game is that it can mess with your real life because it is so addicting.
  76. Aug 16, 2020
    Amazing game, crafted to perfection.
    Well worth the price.
    The Factory must grow
  77. Aug 16, 2020
    Game is only good for a few thousand hours. After that it begins to get stale. Then you install mods.

10 out of 10 would not recommend if you value personal relationships, maintaining a healthy sleep cycle , and not being fired from your job.

The factory must grow.
  78. Aug 16, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I played this game since version 0.12 released.
    I finished this game once.
    Vanilla game are great I used about 40 hours to finished my first run. Most of the times I solving space problems, plan for a new factory, optimize old factory, kill an alien with turret creep, shotgun some tree, crafting a thing that never use in forever, train traffic jam, more iron, crashed my vehicle into the wall and eat some pole. inventory full, trying to stand on belt and see where is the end of the line, get frustration with circuit network, factory must grow and play with mods can expand play times from hundreds to thousands hours.
  79. Aug 16, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best game i had oh my lord I realy love it I hope thay make the mods acssesabol even if u dont buy the game Expand
  80. Aug 17, 2020
    I have personally spent 800 hours playing Factorio, and in my opinion this is by far one of the best games I have ever had the the pleasure of playing. I cannot wait to play another 800+ hours. The Dev’s support with bug fixes is incredible and the outstanding Mods that are available can increase play time four fold. It’s even got a free to play demo.
  81. Aug 17, 2020
    Best game ever.
    About 500 hours and every next hours is still fun.
    Thantks to Czech programators for this game.
  82. Aug 17, 2020
    Everyone knows the joke: "Factorio isn't a good game, because it makes you play through day and night, so you can't go to school (work) in time"
    And more interesting, it is not a joke.
  83. Aug 17, 2020
    This game is great. It includes a an astonishing amount of game-play and great mod support. I already played over 300 hours and just scratched the surface of the game. The development team is responsive and interacts with the community.
  84. Aug 27, 2020
    Hands down, the best game I've ever played. Well supported, great community, tones of mods.
  85. Aug 18, 2020
    The graphics may not be very appealing at first, but it's a game that will make your brain work hard, and that's what I love about it.

You'll build a huge Factory in order to leave the planet you accidentally crashed on. You'll probably try something simple and it won't work, try again, improve, improve again. At some point you might get bored about building stuff, but then you'll get

At some point you might get bored about building stuff, but then you'll get trains, and then again you'll get drones, and the you'll leverage the power of blueprints!

Those three things are literally a game changer!

And if it's not enough you can add mods, that may tweak a bit the game, or improve it a lot, or change it/make it harder/add more stuff to build..

And if it's not enough, you have challenged to accomplish!

You'll spend hundreds of hours on this game!
  86. Aug 27, 2020
    Factorio is a sandbox game about automation. Having crash-landed on an alien planet, your goal is to launch a communication satellite. Initially it plays like a survival game where you collect basic resources and secure an area from hostile locals. Over time you'll automate more and more of your activities until eventually you act as an overseer who monitors whole systems of mining andFactorio is a sandbox game about automation. Having crash-landed on an alien planet, your goal is to launch a communication satellite. Initially it plays like a survival game where you collect basic resources and secure an area from hostile locals. Over time you'll automate more and more of your activities until eventually you act as an overseer who monitors whole systems of mining and production, issues commands to swarms of robots and fine-tunes designs. The game will ease you into complexity while maintaining a sandbox open-ness. Problems arise naturally and can be solved in many different ways. There will always be something to do, some improvement to make or bottleneck to resolve or resource patch to claim. Public and private multiplayer keeps the game fresh while allowing both cooperative and competitive playstyles.

Logistics are the core of the game: moving things, processing them and moving them again. You'll have choices including robotic arms, conveyor belts, trains and logistics robots. There is no cost but time if you decide to tear things up and rebuild them, so do not be afraid to build now and fix mistakes later. On top of that transportation is a layer of control. On one end of the complexity scale you can use none at all, simply allowing resources to flow naturally. On the other end, you can use the Turing-complete logic circuits to sense and react to conditions, route trains, enable or disable parts of the factory and more.

Most people 'beat the game' by launching their first rocket in 40 to 60 hours depending on playstyle, but that's just the beginning. Speedrunners can complete the task in under two hours. Many players, myself included, have over a thousand hours of playtime. After your 'victory' you can choose to continue your factory, improving in scale and automation while facing different types of logistics challenges that emerge naturally from the game's design and your own choices. Some choose to play with different settings, run player-made scenarios or add mods with varying levels of complexity. Others use the game as a sandbox to build weird or interesting projects.

This game was release-quality three years ago, but the devs insist on excellence and also wanted to have a full set of high-resolution graphics. They have relentlessly optimized and bugfixed their way to an incredibly high-quality release that runs smoothly even on older hardware. They actively support the modding community, including fixes, enhancements and optimizations that only affect modders. They are also very up-front about what they are doing and why, often sharing interesting technical details few other companies would discuss.

The player community is positive and welcoming, both on the official forums and on Reddit. A variety of free tools and guides are available. Several people such as Nilaus and KatherineofSky have Youtube "let's play" series covering the game, so if you want you can watch someone else impose order on the chaos. Many players recommend launching your first rocket before you go looking for design help though; a lot of the fun of the game is in solving small problems yourself.
  87. Aug 28, 2020
    Amazing game for those who like to engineer, optimize, or play a game which has very responsive developers. The mods can add thousands (yes!) of extra hours of game play through addition of new recipes and new goals.
  88. Aug 28, 2020
    Interesting game, you cand spend hpurs creating building optimising and killing creeps
  89. Aug 31, 2020
    500+ hours in, i absolutely love this game. Currently waiting for my favorite mods to get updated to version 1.0 then i'll build another gigafactory.
  90. Sep 3, 2020
    Played hundreds of hours of this game. There is nothing quite like it, it's almost it's own genre. There is no clear winning or losing, you play at whatever difficult you want at your own pace and just have fun.
  91. Sep 8, 2020
    It's straight up a masterpiece. Go buy it, you won't regret it.
    It's straight up a masterpiece. Go buy it, you won't regret it.
    The gameplay loop is hooking and once you start you are playing for long sessions. It is a "one more automatisation" game. The gameplay itself is polished and touched up. It has nearly no bugs. The contact with developers is amazing, sometimes you report a mistake (those happen only on unstable builds in early access) and after two hours it is fixed.
    Not to mention the community and the mods
  92. Oct 1, 2020
    All good if you want an indie game to be for 2000000000 hours and if you want to think of new ways to do everything without doubts 10/10
  93. Oct 7, 2020
    It makes so much fun to me. To see your Industry grow and expand and fight against the agressive aliens. Love it
  94. Oct 14, 2020
    "After 8 years in development, hopefully it'll be worth the wait"
    It was.
    Also, hey hey people
  95. Oct 15, 2020
    I have been using metacritic for a decade, and never wrote a review.

I just signed up to give Factorio a 10. This game made me belive in videogames again.
  96. Oct 18, 2020

Universal acclaim - based on 4 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 7, 2020
    Building an automated factory has never been more fun. Create complex production lines, fight off bugs, and cooperate with friends in this well-paced sandbox adventure. Hundreds of hours of creative entertainment guaranteed. [Issue#306]
  2. Oct 1, 2020
    Quotation forthcoming.
  3. Aug 24, 2020
    Buy Factorio. Build Factorio. Become Factorio.