5.2

1. Jul 31, 2020
    Despite the ups and downs, i very much enjoyed my time with the anime. After playing this game, it very much seems like a very generic anime game, they seem to keep pumping these out as fast as they can, making especially the story subpar. Koei Tecmo is as usual extremely greedy and will lock 70% of the game behind dlcs as usual. They will surely come out with even more dlc in the future.Despite the ups and downs, i very much enjoyed my time with the anime. After playing this game, it very much seems like a very generic anime game, they seem to keep pumping these out as fast as they can, making especially the story subpar. Koei Tecmo is as usual extremely greedy and will lock 70% of the game behind dlcs as usual. They will surely come out with even more dlc in the future. These games are made quite fast all in the same engine pretty much so they can pump out a quantity for fans of all kinds of animes. Don't buy it, it's extremely overpriced and a complete waste of your time. Expand
  2. Aug 3, 2020
    Game is okay at best. Lots of character models missing from story scenes presented as either 2d images or everyone facing an off screen voice. They obviously ran out of budget to make more models. In town the same 4 townspeople are seen sometime 4 and 5 times in same view. Combat is okay but repetitive. Not alot of strategy involved. I really wanted to like this game as I'm a hugeGame is okay at best. Lots of character models missing from story scenes presented as either 2d images or everyone facing an off screen voice. They obviously ran out of budget to make more models. In town the same 4 townspeople are seen sometime 4 and 5 times in same view. Combat is okay but repetitive. Not alot of strategy involved. I really wanted to like this game as I'm a huge fan of the anime but this game left a disappointing taste in my mouth. Feels almost like it was invented to be a mobile game. Wont be surprised to see it pop up in the mobile space. Expand
  3. Aug 6, 2020
    I didn't buy it but got a "free" trial version of the game if you know what i mean ;).

So first things first. I was stoked to play this game and even thought about pre-ordering it. I'm glad i did not. The pricetag does not fit the game - it's worth max. 40-50$. It's a good game i'm having fun with it but after some time it gets really repetitive and kinda boring. You max out the characters pretty fast and only need to care for the tier 5 lacrima's with special effect to be set for the whole game.

The map design is kinda whack. The areas with monsters towards endgame (all after crocus) are just meant to waste time. Oneway labyrinth through just to waste time. Not much variety in monsters but most of them are insanely annoying. The story is kinda meh since you replay only some parts of it. Arc's like Avatar and Alvarez Empire just don't exist but towards the end of the game you get 10 years and 100 years quests which are actually meant as the end but they filled it with 10 minute boss fights. Thanks god you can turn off skill effect and hit auto play. Im not bothering with minute long boring fights with bosses that just have insane amounts of HP but deal no damage nor have cool skill effect...

You can play 16 characters if i recall correct. Most of them are garbage or just a budget copy of another character (for example sherria is a terrible copy of wendy). Half of the characters are actually good and fun to play. I enjoyed gajeel in the anime but in this game he blows - lame skills, weak stats on him.

If they would have given this game another year of development, included all reasonable characters and pretty much all non-filler arcs plus more variety in townspeople, monsters and also replaced the map design guy with an actual good designer. Then this game should be a 11/10. The idea is great, most of the game is good but some parts just seem half heartedly done and rushed.

Wait for a sale and grab it. It will defo get you around 30-40 hours of enjoyment if you like these kinda games.
  4. Aug 3, 2020
    I am probably a bit biased cause i am a huge Fairy Tail fan and also fan of Gust Games but still i loved it.

The Gameplay was actually a really good turnbased RPG with lots of skills, teams of 5 and a tactical aspect with it. I really enjoyed it. Only problem it was quite easy even on hard. The Story got from what i think most of the aspect of fairy tail right with its epicness and also the arcs they decided to use in the game. They even put in some funny Filler episodes in form of requests or character storys what i really liked. It made it fun to do side content.
    Sometimes i wished they would have made a few more 3D Models for characters but they got all of the most important ones and lots of costumes too. I also really liked the guild ranking and upgrading aspects of the game.

All in all a really good Game that in my opinion gets way less attention then it should. The Game should be playable without ever watching Fairy Tail but i strongly recommend to atleast watch the first 100 episoded to really get the characters and what happend before the game.
  5. Aug 3, 2020
    Although the game has a lot of bugs and flaws, which I hope get fixed with future patches, it’s a really fun and enjoyable game. I couldn’t get my hand of it over the past few days as the content is addictive ( 30 hors of gameplay and not done yet ) Although some characters and events are missing there are done extra scenes such as characters bonds that are a nice touch . You feel it’s aAlthough the game has a lot of bugs and flaws, which I hope get fixed with future patches, it’s a really fun and enjoyable game. I couldn’t get my hand of it over the past few days as the content is addictive ( 30 hors of gameplay and not done yet ) Although some characters and events are missing there are done extra scenes such as characters bonds that are a nice touch . You feel it’s a game made by fans for the fans . Not a revolutionary to the anime games we have had like storm or xenoverse but definitely a top 10 anime game for sure Expand
  6. Dec 1, 2020
    Very fun j-rpg with an interesting tetris´ like area of effect in attacks mechanic. Bunch of characters of the anime, with actual monsters designs from the anime. Flashy looking attacks and chain attacks, it has an option to skip this animations if they are too repetitive. Great game that uses less than 6 Gb to install.
    Has good difficulty specially S rated missions.
    A must for the
    Has good difficulty specially S rated missions.
    A must for the fanatics and recommended for newcomers. I really enjoyed it, and i was afraid it could be a plain game like dark clover.
  7. Aug 11, 2020
    Fairy Tail is a fair RPG but has some problems along the way. If the story is going well until chapter 6, it takes a really funky and bizarre turns after that. Pouring new characters and concepts never discuss before. The combat is ok but even on normal you are always too powerful with rare challenge. You can buy some jewels for powers, upgrade facilities. Which is fun. The voices over areFairy Tail is a fair RPG but has some problems along the way. If the story is going well until chapter 6, it takes a really funky and bizarre turns after that. Pouring new characters and concepts never discuss before. The combat is ok but even on normal you are always too powerful with rare challenge. You can buy some jewels for powers, upgrade facilities. Which is fun. The voices over are fine, except for Natsu, the main character. the constant screaming is extremely painful. The level designs aren't that fun. I like that they did some exploration stuff but all the prizes in the chest are worthless 80% of the time. You don't get armour or weapons and I think it's a mistake. Instead of making a facility upgrade system, they should have focus on their characters upgrades. I must say that the special effects are the best in the game. The music is forgettable. I give it 67%. I like the humour and perky dialogues. The RPG is decent but far from being perfect. Expand
  8. Sep 14, 2020
    While the visuals are nice the game suffers from glaring issues that need to be addressed, i left this review until now as i wanted to give the Devs the benefit of the doubt and let them fix it however that is not going to be the case any time soon it seems.

The story begins just before the time skip which leaves alot left uncovered for anyone who doesn't know the story of fairytail, while that is well and good for fans the regular player won't get much insight on characters or anyone.

Issue 1. The battle system for this game is slow for the franchise they have made the game of, fairy tail is very action packed and story driven, the gameplay should resemble as such, while they have the story down the game should have been an Action RPG instead much like the "tales of" games. however the battle system IS solid for what it is.

Issue 2. CENSORSHIP, with the first patch the game was censored in most if not all regions when advertised STILL to this day as uncensored. this is a betrayal and only serves to make it look worse where the censor makes it seem like the characters have no underwear on and at some points no clothes, this is made worse when considering they have swimsuits which show ALOT more in the game and as paid dlc. this brings me to my next Issue.

Issue 3. they locked STORY COSTUMES that are a PART OF THE STORY behind the digital deluxe edition and after many emails with Koei Tecmo it seems they only MIGHT release the costumes separate for anyone who wanted the physical copy, this is an issue as i have seen many people not wanting to continue when they arrive at the grand magic games as it looses it's "MAGIC" (heh) when they aren't wearing the correct outfits while everyone else is.

Issue 4. the costumes are STUPIDLY overpriced dlc, when you buy a full priced (or here in Australia more than full priced given full price here is usually between 60 - 100 and they are charging 105 for the standard edition) you expect to have most of the costumes unlockable through story progress (like the grand magic games costumes should have been) or at least moderately priced.

I will give them this, they have released patches since launch fixing issues i have raised with them, however when it comes to the digital deluxe costumes and censorship it is as if my comments and emails fall on deaf ears, i will give this game a 4 for the voice acting, story and great animations, however unless at least the dlc and other issues are resolved minus the 1st as that won't be resolved with this game. i can not give a higher score, if the issues i raised are fixed i will happily change my score.
  9. Aug 20, 2020
    Un bon jeu pratiquement fidèle à l'animé.

Graphismes limites.
    Gameplay excellent
    Doublage Raté
    Le reste rien à redire.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 8 Critic Reviews

1. Oct 14, 2020
    Fairy Tail is a rushed spinoff that rarely has an ounce of the energy shown in its source material. It’s more ambitious than many other anime games, but the execution is severely lacking. So much so that, if Fairy Tail was just another cookie-cutter arena fighter instead, it probably would have been a better game.
  2. Aug 6, 2020
    Fairy Tail is a decent RPG experience, designed almost exclusively with fans in mind.
  3. Jul 31, 2020
    A lot of anime games are full of personality but lack refinement and polish. Fairy Tail undermines those expectations by being well made whilst still capturing what made the original manga so special. Newcomers may find the limited retelling of the plot hard to follow but franchise veterans should have a blast.