5.1

1. Dec 12, 2017
    Experiencing this really shows how RPGs + VR are made for each other.

Told wife i'd just try it for few min before bed, last thing i know, TP cast battery dies, its 4 am and my arms hurt like hell.

... i want to go back in...
  2. Dec 29, 2017
    Dislike comment are made by idiot and many repeat... Someone create many account to trash this game... I did try the Mod, I did try the Vorpx drivers. Saying that this is similar to those option is pure stupidity. Ive complete this game on 2D on a 75in OLED 4K TV and I prefer it on my Oculus (Yes, it can be played on Oculus). Graphic are not as good, but immertion is just so awesome!Dislike comment are made by idiot and many repeat... Someone create many account to trash this game... I did try the Mod, I did try the Vorpx drivers. Saying that this is similar to those option is pure stupidity. Ive complete this game on 2D on a 75in OLED 4K TV and I prefer it on my Oculus (Yes, it can be played on Oculus). Graphic are not as good, but immertion is just so awesome! It's not perfect but it's still an awesome game. Long range, Oculus support and many bugs at lunch are very bad for a full price game, but after playing it for 40+ hrs, I prefer it in VR. If you read carefully the negative feedback, you can easily see the IQ level of those comment... Expand
  3. Dec 14, 2017
    It's not perfect, but considering the market and competition it's close enough not to matter right now. If I'm honest I wasn't sure at first, compared to games built for VR from the start it's interaction isn't great, gun play is a little weak, it had all sorts of scaling issue and blurriness (fixed by a beta update).
    But then I actually got stuck in, not to emerge until 5 hours later,
    But then I actually got stuck in, not to emerge until 5 hours later, busting for the loo, legs aching, face sweating, blinking back into a completely dark room. Night had fallen while I was lost in another world. I had quite simply been magically whisked off to another reality for that period of time. The interface awkwardness melted away and I was left if a beautiful, blasted, living world packed with detail and wonder on a scale that after a year of owning VR I've never even come close to.
    Add to that the fact mods are working right away, despite not being advertised as such, and we've got a true masterpiece right here. Just do yourself a favour and install the silent protagonist mod to get rid of that voice which isn't yours piping up and saying stupid things. Other than that it works great on my 1060. This should be an automatic purchase for anyone with VR, it's what we need to badly in the VR market. Buy it!
  4. Mar 27, 2018
    As of writing, I've spent 13 hours in Fallout4 VR over the last 3 days. Not a flawless release, but I'd rather have it now with Bethesda working on some of the issues.

At release, it had a blurry graphics bug, which I was able to workaround with some of the DSR tweaks, but they've since released a patch to resolve. There's still an issue with scopes not working, but I'm confident that it'll be fixed and there's enough other stuff to keep me busy in the meantime.

I've played the non-VR version of this game to nauseum, yet my characters always seems to fall into the same ruts. For whatever reason, in VR, I find myself walking different paths or stopping at the most inconsequential little camps in the wasteland. VR fallout definitely gives me more of a sense of immersion and appreciation for the character of the wasteland. I don't feel like I'm controlling a player, but rather that it's me in the environment.

Current Downsides:
    - Scopes don't work
    - Two-handed weapons are really just long one-handed weapons since lead hand doesn't attach.
    - The mods are back to manual, rather than in-game easy install
    - The DLC wasn't included. (Really hope this is more of a testing time thing and Bethesda will do the right thing for people who pre-ordered or paid full price again. This is my third copy of Fallout 4: Regular versions for the PS4 and the PC (+ season pass), and now the VR version for the PC. Despite paying full-price all three times, this is still worth it to me. However, having to buy season pass again for VR if it comes out would probably start to put me in the "rage-against-paid-mods" mood again.

Upsides:
    - Comfort options - They seemed to give plenty of ways to change your comfort in VR, though nothing yet keeps me from getting a big red VR forehead from wearing the Vive too long. I still use the teleport locomotion because direct movement gives me dizzyness. I keep the stealth comfort option off. With it on, going to stealth is toggled by a grip squeeze, but you can pop out of stealth unexpectedly when detected, and actually having to crouch (or lay on the ground) is much more immersive to me. And the pip boy comfort is off for me. With the default, raising the pip boy arm to your face brings up your pip boy, but I have to use my not dominant hand to steady my gun, which keeps the PIP boy activation sound triggering at all times.
    - I'm having a hella-fun time in Fallout4 VR and it has breathed new life into the game.

[ Edit - Update ]
    After a patch, scopes work. Basically all vision outside of the scope is blackened when you bring the scope to your eye. The scope view is very flattened, which I guess is correct when losing depth perception by looking with one eye.

And the stars don't look horrible any more.
  5. Dec 12, 2017
    Even though is not perfect and have some issues in the quality of the graphics (I did everything they say to make them better. They are not great but good enough), the game feels fantastic. I usually don´t enjoy much the Fallout series, too long walks, it doesn´t do much for me. But to do all that in VR is totally different, you really feel inside the game, part of it. Maybe it has someEven though is not perfect and have some issues in the quality of the graphics (I did everything they say to make them better. They are not great but good enough), the game feels fantastic. I usually don´t enjoy much the Fallout series, too long walks, it doesn´t do much for me. But to do all that in VR is totally different, you really feel inside the game, part of it. Maybe it has some flaws but it´s what I was expecting and it´s worth it. It´s a shame there is no seated option, and that the interaction with objects is not the best, but that would mean to create the game all over again. Is it worth 60 dollars? Yes, I believe is a different and new experience. Expand
  6. Jun 20, 2019
    You have to work about 10 hours to mod and add DLC if you're a noob like me. It's worth it, because there's nothing like this and skyrim VR anywhere, but dear lord does bethesda not deserve our money
  7. May 22, 2018
    Very bad port. This time Bethesda has done it very wrong. Bad graphics and bad controls, nothing more to say. Better than this you can download the VR mod for the original game and it works better.

UPDATE: With the latest update, the game starts being playable and it's really enjoyable, if Bethesda fixes finally ther performance, this can become a masterpiece in VR.
  8. Oct 11, 2019
    I played Fallout 4 VR not long after it came out and finished the base game. I've played a lot of VR games and this is of my top VR games. I don't understand why it got such low ratings. It helps that I never played the original because the whole story was fresh to me. The menus were a little hard to navigate in VR but I got used to it after about 10 - 15 hours of game play. ItI played Fallout 4 VR not long after it came out and finished the base game. I've played a lot of VR games and this is of my top VR games. I don't understand why it got such low ratings. It helps that I never played the original because the whole story was fresh to me. The menus were a little hard to navigate in VR but I got used to it after about 10 - 15 hours of game play. It doesn't support actually support object interactions the way you would expect with a normal VR game but you can't expect miracles from a converted 2D game. After a while of playing, I get used to it and it didn't bother me anymore. Expand
  9. Jul 12, 2019
    This is my favorite vr game ever! The 3d implementation of the weapons the enemys and the world are fantastic! The menu is snappy and responsive and helps add to the tension considering opening ur menu doesn't pause the game! This is an amazing port and despite the bugs!
  10. Nov 15, 2019
    Surprisingly functional, despite being a Bethesda game Fallout 4 VR manages to a very pleasant experience, the graphics might be the same as in the base game, but they pop much more in VR, so many details lost to a 2D Display are now visible. The game itself runs reasonably fast on a GTX 1080 and I never experienced game crashes, although some minor bugs can be expected, it is a BethesdaSurprisingly functional, despite being a Bethesda game Fallout 4 VR manages to a very pleasant experience, the graphics might be the same as in the base game, but they pop much more in VR, so many details lost to a 2D Display are now visible. The game itself runs reasonably fast on a GTX 1080 and I never experienced game crashes, although some minor bugs can be expected, it is a Bethesda game after all.

I like it very much and if you have a Rift or Vive, give it a shot

Generally favorable reviews - based on 27 Critic Reviews

1. Feb 26, 2018
    Fallout 4 VR is an impressive VR experience, but faces portability issues in a lot of areas.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Feb 16, 2018
    Fallout 4 VR has some flaws, but on the other hand it can unbelievably draw and swallow you. Only the sore face and hurting feet will make you pause the game for a while. [Issue#282]
  3. Jan 19, 2018
    At first glance Fallout VR impresses with its huge scale and sheer mass, and it does very well in the action/ shooting/ movement field, but it never manages to captivate a seasoned VR user due to its lack of actual virtual reality gameplay implementations and unintuitive and uncomfortable Pip-Boy controls. A game aspiring to lead the VR-gaming sector should be made for VR from the scratch.