2.8

Buy Now
Buy on

1. Nov 14, 2018
    No NPCs.

No dialogue. I see the great expanse of Appalachia before me, a vast nothingness of chattering robots, various creatures with the preface of "Rad-" in their names, and the strewn holotapes of an actual story that always happens just before I arrive. I see the molerats burrowing up from the floor of a capsule suspended in the air. I see spooky monsters getting caught and
    No NPCs.

No dialogue.

I see the molerats burrowing up from the floor of a capsule suspended in the air. I see spooky monsters getting caught and stuck on every kind of geography. I see my FPS stutter and the game turn into a slideshow.

Don't buy this game. I want to see Bethesda trying harder.
  2. Nov 15, 2018
    No! God! Please! No!
    I wanted a thousand words to write about THIS. But I can't. Just NO. Zero score speaks for itself.
    It's not a game, it's not a Fallout neither.
  3. Nov 14, 2018
    I was sent there by pathetic fanbots from /r/fo76/ subreddit. They tried to ask other fanbots to leave the positive reviews to "balance out" all the reviews with "unfair" low scores (they consider everyone who disagrees with their subjective opinions as being a part of "anti-Fallout conspiracy"). I do not think it's fair to do this kind of "brigading" they're trying to do so I am leaving aI was sent there by pathetic fanbots from /r/fo76/ subreddit. They tried to ask other fanbots to leave the positive reviews to "balance out" all the reviews with "unfair" low scores (they consider everyone who disagrees with their subjective opinions as being a part of "anti-Fallout conspiracy"). I do not think it's fair to do this kind of "brigading" they're trying to do so I am leaving a negative review to balance it out. Expand
  4. Nov 14, 2018
    TL:DR Dont buy it it's a trash. It's 60$ mod for Fallout 4
    Only thing this game has in common whit other Fallout games is that its a buggy mess. I cant think of a single positive thing.
    -PvP sucks cuz they streamline it for casuals. Person who shoots 2nd has huge advantage -Quests suck cuz there is no point doing X for that preson when everyone is dead and getting quests from holotapes
    TL:DR Dont buy it it's a trash. It's 60$ mod for Fallout 4
    -Quests suck cuz there is no point doing X for that preson when everyone is dead and getting quests from holotapes is worst thing i ever seen
    -Ui is ugly to look at. If you have alot of quests you'll see texet every where imerssion breaking
    -VATS also more imerssion breaking than before it's literally built in auto aim in online game and it's usable in PvP
    -Locked at 63 FPS cuz Bethesda is incompetent to make a new engine
    -No FOV felt sick playing the game
  5. Nov 14, 2018
    An unmitigated disaster. It makes Fallout 4 look like a masterpiece. This is nothing more than a way to continue to force paid mods down our throats. Even ignoring the game braking bugs that can't be fixed by the players as usual, the game itself is not fun, the mechanics are awful, they slaughtered their already mangled lore, and worse. The only good thing they did was to organize theAn unmitigated disaster. It makes Fallout 4 look like a masterpiece. This is nothing more than a way to continue to force paid mods down our throats. Even ignoring the game braking bugs that can't be fixed by the players as usual, the game itself is not fun, the mechanics are awful, they slaughtered their already mangled lore, and worse. The only good thing they did was to organize the lists of building pieces more logically, but someone is already working on modding that into 4, not that I play it any more either, rather go back to play 2 again. Expand
  6. Dec 14, 2020
    Remove the stash limit!
    The game isn't absolute trash, but it is all about collecting trash. Sadly collecting stuff isn't possible in this game since you will reach the stash limit within the first few hours of the game and you will struggle with the carry weight limit for the rest of the game.
    Remove the stash limit!

Found the best legendary rocket launcher in the game? Too bad that you can't possibly carry it with you or use it since rockets weight the equivalent of 1km3 of lead.

Anyway fix the stash limit first then we can talk about why you haven't fixed any engine related problems since Morrowind, why the game has 10000 bugs, why you have removed all RPG elements from the game, why there are no NPC's that make the world feel less dead, why in a coop focused game you decided to tell the story through tapes and terminals that can only be accessed by one player at a time.
  7. Nov 14, 2018
    I love how the only thing that works is the store.
    Hey Bethesda! Maybe try upgrading your engine?
  8. Nov 14, 2018
    feels and looks like a 2009 game.. seriously. ugly textures, character design from the early ps3 era, boring, lifeless, awful shooting mechanics, runs like ass, *COSTS 60$*

now Fallout 4 was meh but atleast it had some story and choices (some) it was just as ugly, but here? its all the bad parts of 4 without any of the good.
  9. Nov 14, 2018
    Pre-ordered it, and suffice it to say it lacks not only the qualities of a good Fallout game, but a good MMORPG, or even a good AAA game altogether. The game's mechanics are heavily centered around working with other players, but they've designed a game without a robust social system(you can emote, or hotmic, or complete silence), PvP is cartoonishly penalized, and few players are on eachPre-ordered it, and suffice it to say it lacks not only the qualities of a good Fallout game, but a good MMORPG, or even a good AAA game altogether. The game's mechanics are heavily centered around working with other players, but they've designed a game without a robust social system(you can emote, or hotmic, or complete silence), PvP is cartoonishly penalized, and few players are on each server to "create a feeling of emptiness". Without NPCs, a compelling story or even large congregations, it's a wasteland of nothing, to do little, with few or no people to do it with. I had high hopes for what 76 could be, and they have evaporated. Expand
  10. Nov 14, 2018
    It fails as a Fallout game, it fails as a PvP experience, it's dry as a PvE experience, and it fails as an MMO. This soulless, depthless open-world will have you wishing you hadn't put your dough on Bethesda again.

It doesn't make you FEEL like fallput
  11. Nov 14, 2018
    The game looks more like a mod of Fallout 4, made as a diploma project of a student than a AAA game which costs 60$. However, after playing the game there is no understanding to me, for what they ask such money? The game is buggy as f**l, like really hire more people to QA, or engineering because it looks like some division lack human power. most of the textures, animations and evenThe game looks more like a mod of Fallout 4, made as a diploma project of a student than a AAA game which costs 60$. However, after playing the game there is no understanding to me, for what they ask such money? The game is buggy as f**l, like really hire more people to QA, or engineering because it looks like some division lack human power. most of the textures, animations and even In-game mechanics are from 3 and 4 Fallout. Additionally, the game runs on a 20-year-old engine, like wtf? However, it can be forgiven the game has a good plot, added with coop mode and mb some other features.
    And yes we get some cool features. Thanks to coop mode we now can kill a more high-level NPC by throwing our corpses at him, like I was able to kill 15 lvl npc as 3 lvl just by re-spawning 19 times near it. This though seems legit since the player can get in a fight with such right from the start. I also like the possibility of finding a power armour for lvl 30+, while being lvl 5. Oh and considering levelling, I think Todd Howard made the best innovation ever. Now we have loot boxes from which we can get our skills after levelling, that is work of a true artist. And not only that, looks like dialogues and in-game interactions are something from the past, who needs this sh**.

Rest In Pepperoni Fallout
  12. Nov 24, 2018
    Greetings,

Thank you for contacting the Bethesda Support Team.

Customers who have downloaded the game are not eligible for a refund. We apologize for the inconvenience.

If there is anything else we can assist you with please reply to this email for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,

-Can't change FOV
    -Terrible UI
    -Full of bugs
    -Lifeless empty world
    -Bunch of fetch missions.
    -Terrible pvp
    Worse game of 2018!
  14. Nov 24, 2018
    I made an account here just so i could give this game a 0. Bethesda is capable of so much more, and the shameless cash grab that is fallout 76 is ironically shameful.
  15. Nov 15, 2018
    Fallout 76 has no content to warrant calling it a game! Outdated engine with poor graphics, mechanics, frame rate and the usual bugs you'd expect from Bethesda. Can't give this any more than a 0/10 because technically there's nothing that makes it a game.
  16. Nov 14, 2018
    Война изменилась... В этой игре нет ничего от Фоллаута, кроме обёртки.
  17. Nov 16, 2018
    It's time to stop giving Bethesda a free pass on awful bugs, bland content and putting the money above their customers. It's time to put our foot down and demand better for our $60.

Post-Skyrim, Bethesda has turned ugly. They've taken the same sociopathic hyper-corporate road as EA and Activision, chasing that sweet cash money to the nth degree while ruthlessly exploiting their fan base and making inferior games.

For some reason they've been allowed to get away with this for years. The bought-and-paid-for reviewers seem to find "Bethesda bugs" charming and quaint, even joking about how they're "part of the experience".

Maybe if you get a free review copy of the game they are terribly amusing, but when I'm paying $60 for the privilege I expect the game to run properly and not have to hack the .ini files for hours myself to get it to work. Top "journalists", how much is Bethesda paying you again?

Anyway, to the game; Fallout 76 is more of the same bland, buggy tripe that we got with Fallout 4 (to the extent it's essentially a multiplayer mod).

It comes from the same school of cash-grab thought as Metal Gear Survive. Fallout 76's ancient engine is poorly diguised with a flaking new coat of beige paint.

Unlike single-player Betheda releases, they can't rely wholly on unpaid amateur modders to fix their bugs this time around and so they're likely here to stay. At least it means they won't get to exploit their dedicated community to do their work for them for free.

Continuing on from Fallout 4's hollow stripping down of the Fallout franchise, Fallout 76 goes another step further, removing all NPCs and replacing them with the cheap, boring terminals and holotapes of Fallout 3 and 4. You know, those excruciatingly boring and meaningless quests people hated (yet are very easy to make)...there's a whole game of those now. Yippee!

The MP component itself is underwhelming, with castrated PvP (because they didn't want it to be too harsh for the ultra-casuals they're appealing to) and boring co-op. It's no fun to run around in an empty world where there's nothing to do and no real plot.

Ignore the inevitable 10/10 IGN and "actually I quite like the politics" Kotaku reviews, as they excitedly kiss the rumps of their masters. Bethesda have churned out re-release after re-release of Skyrim, tried to force "Paid Mods" into their games and now they've moved into cynical cash-grab territory. It's time to push back.
  18. Nov 15, 2018
    As a lover of the franchise I had to create an account here in Metacritic just to write the following lines:

Bethesda doesn't care for its costumers, at all. I tried so hard to defend this game and give this installment a chance, but after playing a few hours after release and getting bored as hell, I had to ask for refund just to find out they won't give your money back after the release date of the game.

This is the last time I buy a game as a pre-order. And probably the last time I'll ever buy a Bethesda game.

What is Fallout without the factions fighting for power, heartbreaking stories and awesome companions?

The game strongest point - its combat system - is unresponsive and laggy. Meelee build is just impossible or not worthy.

God forgive me for paying this sick joke of a Fallout 4 multiplayer mod the price of a full retail game. Costumers, speak with your wallets.
  19. Nov 15, 2018
    Fallout 76 could 've been a great game. But it feels like early access. The engine used by this game is too old for a game like this. The mechanics feel not fluid. We are forced to install yet another launcher on pc, etc.
    I could continue but that would be a bit too much.
    Great potential but bad implementation.
  20. Nov 16, 2018
    I cant quantify the amount of sheer disappointment, i knew i should have canceled my pre-order. The game, if you could call it that, is among the worst quality I've seen in 20 years of gaming. Don't waste your time and money on this. Buy red dead 2 you'll have a much better time.
  21. WAD
    Nov 15, 2018
    This is a game without a plot, goal and meaning.Buy it if you have nowhere to spend money.
  22. Nov 15, 2018
    0,4 of 10 for this game. Bad graphics. Bad gameplay. Bad optimization. Bad Zenimax
  23. Nov 14, 2018
    Horrible game. There's really no actual PVP just an odd duel-system that punishes you if you kill someone. Not push-to-talk. Bad FPS even though I have a high performance PC. If they made this map into a single player game i'd keep it, thankfully I got a refund.
  24. Nov 19, 2018
    thank you bethesda for destroying one of my favorite franchises
    fallout 4 was not the best thing but it was still a singleplayer experience that i liked
    this thing is just awful
  25. Nov 14, 2018
    As a part of the original dev team at Black Isle studios that created Fallout 1 back 20 years ago I am amazed by the changes the series has gone through the past couple of years. Mostly I'm amazed by how it has almost completely lost its identity.

Bought the game to try it and see if it's as bad as people make it seem. Well they weren't exaggerating. This has almost nothing of what made the previous Fallout games and the universe great. The good news is that if I'm lucky maybe I can still get a refund on it.
  26. Nov 15, 2018
    This is simply not a game. Any other survival game is better, including original DayZ mod.
  27. Nov 16, 2018
    Maybe it can be okay, but a lot of bugs.

I would be ashamed if I worked as a developer in Bethesda.
  28. Nov 14, 2018
    + a fallout game

- we don't get a real fallout game
    - no npc'S
    - bug fiesta
    - limited stash
    - online only
    - empty landscape
    - lvl 1 next to lvl 10 enemies
    - event's where noone joins
    - using fallout 4 graphics almost 10 years later
    - not working building placements
    - locked 63 max fps because the engine/run speed is dependend on fps
    - microtransactions

- it just (doesn't) work!
  29. Nov 14, 2018
    This game is god awful!
    -FPS locked
    -Can't change FOV
    -Terrible UI
    -Full of bugs
    -Lifeless empty world
    -Bunch of fetch missions.
    -Terrible pvp
    Worse game of 2018!
  30. Nov 14, 2018
    An empty world with broken mechanics and most importantly a lifeless and boring world. Imagine Fallout 1, 2, 3, 4, Baldur's Gate, etc... but without any NPCs. Quests are uninteresting and make you want to skip the holotapes and robots that deliver them, fetch quests and kill X many zombies (monsters are unimaginative and rehashed). You'll be shooting immobile t-posing bullet sponge zombiesAn empty world with broken mechanics and most importantly a lifeless and boring world. Imagine Fallout 1, 2, 3, 4, Baldur's Gate, etc... but without any NPCs. Quests are uninteresting and make you want to skip the holotapes and robots that deliver them, fetch quests and kill X many zombies (monsters are unimaginative and rehashed). You'll be shooting immobile t-posing bullet sponge zombies and assorted riff-raff until they deplete your ammo reserve and ultimately their corpse will disapear before you can loot them. If only the bugs were the main issue. Unfortunately, this is a lazy cash-grab using a brown shaded color palette and an empty, pointless world. Expand
  31. Nov 14, 2018
    I pre ordered this game and expected something similar to previous games. I played it for some hours, but i'ts a dead lifeless world with good things missing from it. Biggest disappointment I have had with a game for as long as I can remember.
  32. Nov 14, 2018
    This review will, hopefully, help you to understand what's actually happening.
    It,s indeed pretty much true that some of "0" reviews may be posted by people who didn't even play the game. But, there is one "but"...
    This review will, hopefully, help you to understand what's actually happening.

The true darkness is on the other side. Take a look on several random profiles that gave "10" to this game. Almost like 90% of them have only 1 review (for FO76) and profile names like "superplayer1984". In their reviews, there're writing everything via one of two copypastas: 1) describing all the game features were named by bethesda in trailers (some of which simply even don't exist) and literally telling everything is working perfectly. 2) callin everyone who left a bad review a hater who never played the game.

The second part is as you all know, Bethesda initially released game only on Beth.net - not on Steam, GOG etc. Why? Yes, eaxactly. You can't leave a review there. At least, so easily. Question is - what is it like?

Yes, we all know (especially those who are reading political news) how it looks. Bethesda (I'm not saying directly Pete Hines, obviously not, but through the hands of sub-companies, "family" bloggers and "friendly" game journalists) is litereally using the bots to leave positive reviews and leaving 10 points to at least somehow save catastrophic ratings of the game. Almost all accounts that made 10/10 FO76 reviews were made not by real players behind them, but by certain people, for only one goal - try to save the game ratings on the platform they can't affect directly.

Don't get me wrong. Bethesda was and today still [IS] my favourite game company. But the abyss they are making between themselves and community, how they allow marketing stuff to rule the PR company and game development itself, and how obviously they are trying to hide any possible negative critics about the game - it's really, really sad.

I'm neither FO 76 fan or hater. I just don't care about it - I won't play it and wait for Starfield and TES VI.
    Though, I played more than 20 hours on my friend gaming PC to not let myself make a prejudged review.
    I also wish every player who bought it to have the best possible time in it.
    Fallout 76 is not a "zero" game. But it's a very, very bad game. Extremely outdated engine. Terrible performance. Awful cheating/hacking protection. But what if most important, it's a soulless game which has even less to have at least something in commong with FO series than FO4 had. It's empty, repeative and just boring.
    I won't give "0" to this game. But I'll give as maximum as "3" because this is what FO76 deserves.
  33. Nov 14, 2018
    This game is unfinished. I'm not sure if some of the positive reviews are shills or just delusional fanboys. The endless fetch quests will put you right to sleep. The T-Posing enemies will break any chance of immersion you hope to have. The Beta was more of a softlaunch to try and distract buyers from the fact that this game is a buggy unfinished mess. If this game was on Steam it would beThis game is unfinished. I'm not sure if some of the positive reviews are shills or just delusional fanboys. The endless fetch quests will put you right to sleep. The T-Posing enemies will break any chance of immersion you hope to have. The Beta was more of a softlaunch to try and distract buyers from the fact that this game is a buggy unfinished mess. If this game was on Steam it would be mass refunded. Expand
  34. Nov 14, 2018
    We could expect a similar failure from a small indie studio that is still (unsuccessfully) looking for its niche, but not from a major player in the video game industry.
    Nevertheless, in 2018, Bethesda releases a low-grade sandbox without the slightest hint of content or gameplay, naively believing that hundreds of people sticking around without any goal or purpose can make the game “interesting” and “exciting”.
    This is certainly not the case.
    The game world is not felt alive at all, the mediocre graphics and unintelligible game design solutions make the Fallout 76 the main disappointment of the year.
  35. Nov 14, 2018
    Do not buy at the current state (and let be frank, we know Betheda never fix anything themselve, wait for mod).
    Game crash, disconnect, cheat. There's no QA in this game. You can't even get out of tutorial area without falling to the 'undermap'.
    And it won't even let me uninstall.
  36. Nov 15, 2018
    Wow, What an absolute piece of garbage. I love the Fallout universe, this game should be scraped. Clunky non mapable controls (you can literally grenade yourself or melee an opponent based on how long you hold alt). Horrible dark, ugly, buggy graphics. Game breaking quest bugs. I'm stuck at a bug in the main quest at lvl 15, I uninstalled it it was so frustrating. Don't buy.
  37. Nov 16, 2018
    Can't believe people still give Bethesda a free pass for their glitchy games. If any other company did it people would cry about how they don't care about their customers. But if Bethesda does it it's ok because reasons. Fact is they're a business, they release glitchy garbage b/c they know you will buy it, and you deserve better. You deserve a company that respects you as much as youCan't believe people still give Bethesda a free pass for their glitchy games. If any other company did it people would cry about how they don't care about their customers. But if Bethesda does it it's ok because reasons. Fact is they're a business, they release glitchy garbage b/c they know you will buy it, and you deserve better. You deserve a company that respects you as much as you deserve. Stop buying Bethesda junk. Expand
  38. Nov 16, 2018
    Just don't touch this game. There's next to no content, VATS and SPECIAL are so streamlined now that they don't feel like they add anything to the game. Building and Crafting is so heavily simplified and is so poorly implemented, and on PC if you don't have WASD bound to your movement keys while in a build menu, you get stuck until you rebind them back. Enemies are pushovers and Death hasJust don't touch this game. There's next to no content, VATS and SPECIAL are so streamlined now that they don't feel like they add anything to the game. Building and Crafting is so heavily simplified and is so poorly implemented, and on PC if you don't have WASD bound to your movement keys while in a build menu, you get stuck until you rebind them back. Enemies are pushovers and Death has no meaning other than losing your junk and wasting time. There is a Microtransaction shop that is utterly worthless, with simple cosmetic items costing $5+ and it takes a very long time to earn atoms in-game. Framerate is locked to 63 FPS and your FOV is locked at the console default 70 with no way to change it. Autosaves take forever and the servers crash so often that you can actually lose progress because of the long interval between autosaves. PvP is useless and only serves to waste time or troll people, as the attacker gains nothing most of the time since their damage is limited, and the defender can chem up and equip their best gear just to slaughter the attacker. With the massive amount of bugs and the fact this just feels like a Multiplayer mod, there is 0 reason to get this game unless it goes for less than $5 USD. This only gets a 1 because of the gunplay. Expand
  39. Nov 15, 2018
    I dont know where to begin.Its like game from 2009 .Horrible engine,outdated graphics,clunky animations,no human NPCs, boring,full of bugs. Only good thing is music/sound. Complete garbage!
  40. Nov 24, 2018
    If it rates as 10, it's a bulls**t fake or paid rating. No one blindly grants a perfect score and fails to address proper critique. It's your money, you are free to lose it, or wait until it's more polished in three months, in the $5-$10 Gamestop rack.

This isn't a fallout game anymore than Mass Effect Andromeda was a Mass Effect game. Using the game as a skin and playing off the name doesn't make it part of the series. This is the MEA of the fallout world, and will be rated accordingly.

While there are endless opportunities to criticize the game for everything no one wanted, lets focus on one thing. NO one wants to read through endless terminals or listen to endless holotapes, in an empty environment. The same mistakes EA made with MEA, is being made all over again with Bethesda and 76. The reviews should reflect this accordingly, and so far they have. Like it or not, those happy with the game are likely in the minority of the collection.

The game is quite an abomination. Bethesda should be ashamed of themselves. Glad it was on their dollar. Their financial loss, is how we get their attention. With the significant discount in price in recent days, we should see this in the Gamestop bargin bin at $5-$10 in a month or two.
  41. Nov 24, 2018
    An absolute travesty on consumers. A buggy mess that is without question inexcusable to put on the market. This game, at least if you care one bit about the gaming future, is a must pass. The game itself isn't worth two stones, play ark or rust if you want a better experience in the same vein.
  42. Nov 15, 2018
    It's like they took Fallout 4 and removed everything good about it.

It's not just that the game isn't worth $60- it's not worth an hour of your time.

Play DayZ, or Rust or something. This game is an abortion of an attempt, and it's sad it has the name Bethesda on it.
  43. Nov 16, 2018
    In a world where Fallout 3 is 10 and New Vegas is 9 and Fallout 4 is 8, Fallout 76 is 1. But in a world where there are Half-Life, GTA, Bioshock and other games this game is flat out 0. That is no hate towards the game but an honest score. Fallout game where there is practically no story, no human npc's and is basically all the worse parts of fallout 4. This game could have been done soIn a world where Fallout 3 is 10 and New Vegas is 9 and Fallout 4 is 8, Fallout 76 is 1. But in a world where there are Half-Life, GTA, Bioshock and other games this game is flat out 0. That is no hate towards the game but an honest score. Fallout game where there is practically no story, no human npc's and is basically all the worse parts of fallout 4. This game could have been done so much better. This game just feels like midterm cashgrab before Fallout 5.
    And bethesdas explanation of ''this game is better with friends'' is sad, because everything is better with friends, watching paint dry or lawn grow is better with friends.
  44. Nov 20, 2018
    Fallout 76 might actually hurt Bethesda as a company. The game overall is sloppily done and should have had another 6+ month of development. Same bugs found in Fallout 4 is apparently also found in this game. If the game was bug free and had good performance I would perhaps have given this game a 4-5.

This game is a slap in the face for most Fallout fans and it really shows on the review scores and the majority of YouTube videos. When they first announced this game I was really hoping for a Dying Light clone. A full Single Player experience with the ability to play Co-op with others if you wanted. But now we are left with this Pre-Acress mess of a game.

+ Ion Zur's ambient music.
    + It is a big world with lots of things to discover (Too bad its dead)
    + Might be fun for a while if you have good friends to play co-op with.

- Microtransactions (The only thing that is working in the game, HAH!!!)
    - Very buggy
    - Bad performance
    - While the graphics are ok at times it is still an old engine that is far behind other games.
    - Removing the Npc: s was a bad idea. Even if you occasionally meet other players the world still feels very empty.
    - Bad A. I and enemy respawn rate is way too fast.
    - PVP is badly done and optimized.
    - Quests mostly consist of audiotapes.
    - Abandon STEAM complaining Valve taking too much money. Bethesda is launching there own game service and still taking full price anyway, YAY
    - This game is meant to be played co-op with friends and quickly gets very bored alone.
    -Bad PC port.
  45. Nov 22, 2018
    FO 76 is just Bethesda's way of eliminating the ability to mod and coercing players to pay for micro-transactions. Fallout has always shined as an example of a single player sandbox/RPG, known for it's clever dialogue in the early days and then known for it's ability to be modded into anything that fans can imagine, Fallout 76 is a departure from everything that made Fallout fans have comeFO 76 is just Bethesda's way of eliminating the ability to mod and coercing players to pay for micro-transactions. Fallout has always shined as an example of a single player sandbox/RPG, known for it's clever dialogue in the early days and then known for it's ability to be modded into anything that fans can imagine, Fallout 76 is a departure from everything that made Fallout fans have come to love. It is obviously for the sake of pushing micro transactions.
    The game was intentionally not released on steam so that gamers who regret preordering/purchasing it wouldn't be able to get a refund. On top of that, the game is a buggy mess, with outdated graphics, horrible optimization and a forced 60 FPS frame limit. Bethesda has really gone down hill.
  46. Nov 14, 2018
    This game is a slap in the face to all Fallout fans. I know Bethesda is no stranger to glitches and bugs, But this is too much for a AAA title in 2018, Nothing has seemed to improve from the BETA. Bugs aside, The launch was terrible in it's self, It took me about an hour just to get into the game, Only to be disconnected 10 minutes later, I thought the BETA was supposed to prevent this.This game is a slap in the face to all Fallout fans. I know Bethesda is no stranger to glitches and bugs, But this is too much for a AAA title in 2018, Nothing has seemed to improve from the BETA. Bugs aside, The launch was terrible in it's self, It took me about an hour just to get into the game, Only to be disconnected 10 minutes later, I thought the BETA was supposed to prevent this. The Gameplay and Graphics are nothing to write home about either, In the right lighting and angle the game looks pretty, But most of the time it's a mess of god rays and blur, To make matters worse, My frame rate was almost never stable. To put it bluntly, This is probably the worst game release i have seen in years

I just hope Bethesda can learn from their mistakes.
  47. Nov 14, 2018
    Best.
    Game.
    Ever.
    Nuff said
    ============
    Developing games for almost 20 years. Still doing stupid mistakes like ui scaling problems and OMG gamespeed based on framerate. Srsly?!
  48. Nov 19, 2018
    FPS lock, permanent blur, plethora of bugs, broken quests(Bureau of Tourism) known to be broken for weeks and not fixed for release date. Stash issues, broken PvP revenge system, textures from 2011.. Yes this is Zenimax/Bethesda of 2018 with their new big project. Oh, no push to talk as well.
  49. Nov 14, 2018
    -Every new bethesda game looks last gen !
    - Ugly graphics for 2018 / 2019 game.
    - UI/UX awful, all items are lists of strings
    - Not enough settings: FOV, V-Sync
    - Fake PvP, it's really just PvE
    - 100500 bugs
  50. Nov 14, 2018
    Nothing will help this game, everything is very bad. The series for me finally died.
  51. Nov 17, 2018
    Come on guys, this is beyond a joke. It's multiplayer game that wants you to play with others and yet there is no incentive what so ever to do so. Forget the ps2 graphics, bugs, 0 NPCs, terrible gun play etc etc etc. This game literally fails at its core. What's funny is the audacity to actually implement micro transactions. Literally taking the consumer for huge joke.
  52. Nov 20, 2018
    The negative reviews are very much deserved for this game. it's on an engine that is over a decade old and was made for single player games. Many of the bugs in this game have existed for years in the past bugthesdas games and now people are telling me they are finally going to fix them, I find that hard to believe. Bugthesda should have made an entirely new engine for a game like this butThe negative reviews are very much deserved for this game. it's on an engine that is over a decade old and was made for single player games. Many of the bugs in this game have existed for years in the past bugthesdas games and now people are telling me they are finally going to fix them, I find that hard to believe. Bugthesda should have made an entirely new engine for a game like this but no, gotta spend the least amount of money possible. Another point to back this up: a majority of the assets in the game are from fallout 4 and 76s files are even compatible with fallout 4, don't know about you guys but that's seems extremely lazy to me.The file structure is also the same, that is why some people were able to make mods so easily. Again, seems very lazy to me. Expand
  53. Nov 20, 2018
    ONGOING

A lot of funny pro and neg reviews here. Let's try to get away from the imagined and or real Bethesda hate and let's take a look why this game is...well, i am sorry to say that because i was really looking forward to this one: **** - As survival game this game is a bad joke. Every survival game out there is better and deeper. - As Fallout it failed because, no matter how
    ONGOING

A lot of funny pro and neg reviews here.

- As Fallout it failed because, no matter how often the always same people repeat it, it is just no Fallout.
    - The enviromental story telling works for 30 minutes. At some point the "go find him/her! Oh he/she is dead" quests get old....which is....right after the first one to be honest.
    - exploring get's boring too pretty fast because there is nothing to explore. All those empty locations and all you get is another holo tape or note.
    - bugs. lots of them.
    - bad mechanics that doesn't fit togehter. Want to build with a friend? oh sorry your building areas are overlapping. get off my lawn.
    - no push to talk or text chat. I mean really? that's 2018 and not 1818.
    - PvP....just....lol.

FO76 trys to cater to a couple of different genres. Survival, RPG and (kind of) Battle royal.
    The issue is...it is sub sub sub par in all of them. Adding different puddles doesn't make a good game.

That said, fo76 has a lot of potential. If Bethesda will pick um on this only time will tell. If yes, i will come back and re-rate the game.

EDIT1:

So, today is the first patch after release. Let's see if the performance improvments will help me to be able to play again.

EDIT2:
    Yeah....well: the patch was more a 15GB hotfix. I admit the game became more stable, but there are still hiccups and lagging as soon as there are more than 2 people around or too much buildings standing in the way. Something that shouldn't happen on a high end rig with fibre internet.

I was able to play 45 minutes before i got bored. The enviormental storytelling just doesn't cath me.
    The pseudo-persistence starts to annoy me as well. 3rd time i built a base. 3rd time, while i was offline, another player built on or close to my spot. 3rd time i found my base in my backpack. That' s just annoying. Why is this a thing at all? Other "survival" games can handle full persistence aswell.

It's unlikely that i will play again before a major patch hits FO76. There are other games out there waiting to be played that do not test my patience in the way FO76 does. Non the less, the game is (kinf of) working now. So i will change my vote from 0 to 1.
  54. Nov 15, 2018
    I've played and loved every Fallout game ever including the unfinished Van Buren. But not this one...
    Here is my take on FO76,
    Multiplayer, what multiplayer? Haven't seen a single person in hours. Story, what there is of one, feels tired and massively incomplete. Getting tired of going from a terminal to a diary to a random note. Give me someone that talks!!! Oh look a robot... that's
    Here is my take on FO76,
    Multiplayer, what multiplayer? Haven't seen a single person in hours.
    Story, what there is of one, feels tired and massively incomplete. Getting tired of going from a terminal to a diary to a random note. Give me someone that talks!!! Oh look a robot... that's was nice... can we have them more often? At least i can pretend it's another player.
    Killed a bat thing and its body slid away from me. and kept going and going and going... Wait a minute, I had this same bug in FO4. They still haven't fixed the bugs from FO4...
    No VATS is a game killer for me. It's iconic of the Fallout games. Not having it makes the game seem like a COD, No Man's Sky crossover.
    I am sick and tired of base building. At least in FO4 you had a purpose behind your bases. This seems to be nothing more than a place to stash things you hope won't get stolen. Not too worried though since I haven't seen anyone in hours.
    They are charging $60 for a "multiplayer" FO4 expansion pack... and forgot to add players...
  55. Nov 18, 2018
    FO76 is a rush to release cashgrab in order to capitalize on the popular survival format.

Bethesda, a multi-billion dollar company, is treating FO76 development like some sort of indie-game and plans to release it to market incomplete and full of bugs. The community that they have relied on to repair all of there games in the past, won't be able to release mods for at least another year.

The gameplay itself plays nothing like Fallout, they are just trying to use a familiar IP to appeal to their Fanbase -a fanbase that wants an offline single-player open world game. Worse yet, they are using an engine that was never built for online-play and it has has some easily exploitable netcode.

Do yourself a favor and avoid this messy garbage cash grab.
  56. Nov 22, 2018
    Bethesda selling this game for 60$ like its a AAA game only comes across as a cash grab to me. I didn't like the way the did the chat wheel in Fallout 4, I must say they did get rid of it and replaced it with nothing at all, then continued that idea till they had fallout 76 "completed". this would have been a fine DLC for Fallout 4, not a stand-alone that looks like a copy past of 4.
  57. Nov 14, 2018
    Worst game ever made by Bethesda. Even Fallout 3 was better. Should have given the development to Obsidian, these guys could make a legend instead of the garbage called Fallout 76
  58. Nov 14, 2018
    Awful Awful Awful Awful Awful Awful Awful Awful AwfulAwful Awful Awful Awful
  59. Nov 14, 2018
    If you honestly think this game is good, than you probably would be fine with any loot game that's out now, most of which does the same thing, but better.

The perk system is a complete downgrade compared to F3 and F4, and even moreso versus loot games like POE. The PVP system is carebear as **** if it's gonna be that bad, just don't have it and make it a coop only game. You can't

The PVP system is carebear as **** if it's gonna be that bad, just don't have it and make it a coop only game. You can't cater to pvpers who can't do **** against pacifists while simultaneously annoying pacifists with griefers who tickle and harass for hours.

The microtransactions are scummy, and if you are one of those retards who say I got X atoms in 1st 10 hours, yea that's cause of the ONE TIME achievements baiting you into thinking that way. Once you are done with those you can only gain 20-100 atoms per day
  60. Nov 16, 2018
    Thank you Bethesda for stealing my money for a piece of #&@!

Bugs can be solved, so I do not care about them. But... The game is boring. Why makes sense to do any quest? Where is the logic? Quest like protect area against some monsters, if there are no NPCs? Why I should? Cooperation with another online players just sucks. Why shall I do a coop if I can kill all monsters by two
    Thank you Bethesda for stealing my money for a piece of #&@!

Bugs can be solved, so I do not care about them. But...
    The game is boring. Why makes sense to do any quest? Where is the logic? Quest like protect area against some monsters, if there are no NPCs? Why I should? Cooperation with another online players just sucks. Why shall I do a coop if I can kill all monsters by two gunshots? Looting? (not appropriate level to equip... I don´t want to equip, I want LOOT!!!) Building mechanism? Trying to put a floor is like a mini-game, but pretty boring. Hey Bethesda...well done...I am applauding you for spending money on a useless project which will die in dark...As a big fan of the whole Fallout series, here you just screwed up all key features and killed all reasons why we loved Fallout. And do you think, that the only reason for buying games are a graphic modes and brand? Kick out of the door Tom with all his stupid ideas and sell the brand to somebody who will do the games for gamers and not egoistic useless ideas. BTW... I want my money back. You promised game and fun. And I received a simulator of walking through the boring but quite nice looking nature, without story, without quests, without NPC and even worse...without reason to play.
  61. Nov 14, 2018
    The game, at its very core, is a boring slog of inane missions which are there as an extremely dull distraction from an empty and lackluster world. If the premise of the "game" you are attempting to sell relies primarily playing with friends, then the game needs to provide an interesting environment in which these experiences can happen in. This game utterly fails at that.
  62. Nov 16, 2018
    This is not a Fallout Brian Fargo/Tim Cain created. This is just another Todds money grabber
  63. Nov 14, 2018
    Cash grab, rushed and not worth the money. Where's the soul? The thing that worries me about this game the most is that if it does well, there won't be a single player Fallout 5, we'll just get an MMO with tons of micro transactions which will kill the franchise. I worry for the future of Fallout.
  64. Nov 14, 2018
    I love Fallout, but this is a complete mess. Why in the world did they think a multi player game was a good idea in this engine? I fear they are completely out of touch and aren't playing their own games. Makes me sad.
  65. Nov 14, 2018
    The game is a waste of time. Full of bugs and robots without a story or enjoyable characters. Even if you can form a team it is still messy to play. Graphics are old and lighting is weird. I think this was an experiment of Bethesda on if they could sell the worst game with right marketing tactics. Another Dawn of War 3 case at best.
  66. Nov 14, 2018
    If there ever was a game deserving of the score 0 then it would be this one. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about this game, at this point I'm scourging my mind for anything that would be even remotely good about it and the only thing I can think of would be the enjoyment you get from playing with friends but this goes more to the credit of said friends and interaction with othersIf there ever was a game deserving of the score 0 then it would be this one. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about this game, at this point I'm scourging my mind for anything that would be even remotely good about it and the only thing I can think of would be the enjoyment you get from playing with friends but this goes more to the credit of said friends and interaction with others online than having anything to do with the game itself.

It uses the same engine as the previous game Fallout 4 which was quite dated at it's time of release dating all the way back to Morrowind and having received the last major update during Skyrim in 2011. To make matters worse it is largely using the same assets from Fallout 4 too that includes guns, armor, textures, objects and much much more. Making it overall feel like some sort of DLC for Fallout 4. But it isn't, it is a full fledged "AAA release" at a price of $59.99 or your regional equivalent. Making it pretty much unacceptable to be in such state.

By that I mean the sheer amount of bugs we saw during very late "beta" which in truth is a lot closer to a demo of the final release as I was able to see. Some off these bugs are classical glitches that occur with use of such outdated engines, but others are a lot more serious like security flaws which allow client side access to sensitive data like IP addresses of other people, and game manipulation trough unencrypted commands sent to the server. This is worsened by the fact that the game lacks any sort of anti-cheat.

Another, rather ironic bug, was the game deleting itself randomly requiring you to re-download more than 50 GB of data, only to find out that it's also impossible to manually uninstall the game without purchasing it after the beta ran out.

The final product doesn't look any better though featuring outdated graphics, horrible performance on PC and especially on console. And severe lack of content, meaning no NPC quest givers, or any NPCs whatsoever, with most of the quests being fueled by holo-tapes and being rather simplistic fetch quests. Downgraded character development, even more downgraded than in Fallout 4, with most of the
    "leveling" happening trough opening "perk packs" which give you a set of randomized perks, possibly a gateway for micro-transactions or even Pay2Win mechanics in the future. Mostly the same "building mechanics" we saw in Fallout 4, with the same inherent flaws that could only be fixed by mods, mostly clipping, and objects having no sense of gravity. And very dull, repetitive enemies, which re-spawn quickly, sometimes even right after being killed.

The PVP experience is also very lackluster, having some "fair play" system in place that makes players take significantly less damage until they shoot back, making it pointless to even engage in PVP as everyone can out-heal the damage done to them. Or should they decide to fight back they can do so with a big warning and call to prepare, which makes anything outside co-op a non option.

Definitely not recommended
  67. Nov 15, 2018
    When it was announced I hated it for being multiplayer only, and with any new information it really sounded worse and worse. In the meantime B.E.T.A. (Early access) started, and I was "lucky" enough to get my self a beta key, even tho I hated the concept I still wanted to give it a chance. I played during two beta dates, about 4 hours each.
    Oh boy, where to start...
    1. Lack of any
    Oh boy, where to start...
    1. Lack of any Graphical option is disturbing, and the graphics in many cases look very dated.
    2. It is a Bethesda game which means it is full of bugs, that is a problem in single player games let alone multiplayer.
    3. The quests are very boring as you need to stand and listen to holotapes for minutes. After a few hours I was already sick of having to stop in place to listen to one holotape just so I could pick up the next one. I guess it must a blast to play with a friend and having to mute/hush them every time you pick up a holotape.
    4. You have to wait until people finish with crafting stations before you can use them, and that can be a long time, again more waiting. I am guessing it is the same with terminals, tho I am not sure.
    5. There is no text chat in game (?!), and the mics are always on which means you will hear people eating, breathing, peoples pets, family members yelling... Which can also "help" you not hear a holotape you have been listening to for some time, so you have to start over.
    6. Running into people is rarely fun (the most prominent reasons being already mentioned above), the PVP is also butchered.
    7. The world is empty and dead of any life, tho it does look pretty even with very dated graphics.
    8. Events are also very boring from my experience, go there kill this, enemies come in waves. Just very repetitive and not fun at all.
    9. The point of the whole game is just to farm and grind, which isn't that much of a problem in itself, the problem is made clear that there is really no incentive to do so
    10. While I didn't level up much, the question still stands, what is the end game? Just more farming and grinding without any meaningful rewards ?

Oh and the game isn't on steam and you have to use their horrible Bethesda launcher, that I installed when it first came out and deleted it after 10 mins, not much improvements since then.

Overall a horrible game in my opinion, not the Fallout I love, and I even enjoyed (modded) Fallout 4. Don't listen to those that just **** on the game with nothing else to add as to why, but also don't listen to those who just praise it without giving their reasons.
  68. Nov 16, 2018
    To expect people to spend their hard-earned money on this is an attack on common sense. Let us be responsible for our actions, let us punish with our purchase decision and with low scores those developers who want to enrich themselves with million-dollar advertising campaigns and products of dismal quality.
  69. Nov 14, 2018
    really bad game? like diablo immortal? not for core audience? too many bugs
  70. Nov 14, 2018
    I love fallout games! But this is a absolute trainwreck of a mess that misses all the good things about fallout, tacks on a shoddy multiplayer AT BEST and is a blatant cash cow. Avoid.
  71. Nov 14, 2018
    Stupid shooter not a Fallout. Definitely not an RPG, but an open world FPS only. Cash grab. It represents everything that is wrong with the gaming industry today.
  72. Nov 14, 2018
    Yeah, it's still kind of fun and now you can at least laugh at the bugs with 3 of your friends, but however you want to sugarcoat this game, you can't argue that this is a huge downgrade in terms of quality compared to anything Bethesda has done before.

Yes, it has a huge map and crafting is back with more options and the gameplay loop is still passable as "somewhat fun", but we've lost NPCs, engaging story quests, most of the narrative, not to mention the trainwreck that's the SPECIAL system right now and at the end of the day, this game is a huge sandbox that, in all its vastness, ultimately feels empty. Bethesda has removed a lot of things compared to FO4, but forgot that if you take away from the game, you're supposed to put something in instead.

Additionally, we still have the same friggin problems we had with FO4, but this time, modders won't be able to fix these for at least a year. No FOV slider, FPS lock on PC, weird glitches, objects and enemies stuck in the terrain, MY CHARACTER stuck in the terrain, missin push-to-talk option, disappearing and t-posing enemies... the list just goes on and on... Hell there are even bugs that Bethesda supposedly "fixed" during the beta, but here they are in the final release.

Microtransactions are the final nail for me. Yes, you can earn everything by playing but just the existence of MTX in this game makes my blood boil. It makes it seem like this game went for profits and profits only. At least the cash shop works perfectly, am I right boys? It just adds insult to injury.

Bethesda really needs to get its crap together if they want me to put money down for their products ever again.
  73. Nov 14, 2018
    Fun solo or with friends experience, No human NPC is a real bummer but quest are still as good as they ever were, you just have to have the effort to look for them and read those terminalsl
  74. Nov 14, 2018
    If it were not for all the hilarious bugs this game would be a great cure for insomnia. They didn't improve anything since the 'beta'. Literally everything is glitched. This developer is lazy. The game isn't ready for release whatsoever. As for the game, they wanted to make a good rpg with pvp. what they made is a bad rpg with bad pvp. they got them both horribly wrong trying to findIf it were not for all the hilarious bugs this game would be a great cure for insomnia. They didn't improve anything since the 'beta'. Literally everything is glitched. This developer is lazy. The game isn't ready for release whatsoever. As for the game, they wanted to make a good rpg with pvp. what they made is a bad rpg with bad pvp. they got them both horribly wrong trying to find a balance in the middle. this game has no identity, no soul, and I'm already done with it. Maybe I'll come back in 6 months when they finish developing and testing the game. Expand
  75. Nov 14, 2018
    Locked on 60fps
    Now FOV sldier
    Broken quests
    People are being robbed, keys not working
    Bethesda should go away forever.
  76. Nov 19, 2018
    I'm 16 hours in and I don't understand what this "game" is trying to be. Role playing? I've yet to experience a moment of it? The majority of people are just moving from A to B it's like starring at the sun but you paid a company for the privilege to do so.
  77. Nov 17, 2018
    No Npc really killed this game there no reason they shouldn't be here I mean **** destiny has NPC I mean come on!!!!!
  78. Nov 15, 2018
    Trash collecting simulator. Recieved sms that i can get my CARDBOARD copy with activating code only 27.11.18. are you KIDDING ME? R E F U N D.
  79. Nov 14, 2018
    This is the worst fallout experience I have ever had, absolutely soulless and a complete cash grab. Terrible...
  80. Nov 14, 2018
    Boring and BUG Simulator...
    Go to reedit and pum
    No Man's Sky 2 or something like that
  81. Nov 14, 2018
    First impression was similar to loosing my money in Bitcoin. This feels like No Man's Sky first release only ur stuck on one planet and the gravity is super strong. I really do wanna KMS for giving these pricks my money. This is an early access game that should have cost 5$ at max and not $60. I would rather blow my money on Fortnite gliders than this. Atmos and graphics are good butFirst impression was similar to loosing my money in Bitcoin. This feels like No Man's Sky first release only ur stuck on one planet and the gravity is super strong. I really do wanna KMS for giving these pricks my money. This is an early access game that should have cost 5$ at max and not $60. I would rather blow my money on Fortnite gliders than this. Atmos and graphics are good but beside that, its a dead world game. Expand
  82. Nov 14, 2018
    a fallout game without npc is worthless even playing with other people.
    4 hours listen holotapes is tedious and boring
  83. Nov 29, 2018
    Bethesda are losing it. This is neither MP nor SP, it's some kind of degenerated mix in between. Not that we wanted a FO mp - FO was always SP and should've remained SP.

Also please don't force us to use Bethesda client.. Why? Why not just have people get it from wherever they want. Steam, GOG etc. This is garbage and I really do not recommend it. FO3, NV, FO4 are all so much better.
  84. Nov 14, 2018
    Калл полный. Взяли в редакторе захуя...и еб..а пластилиновые за 5 вечеров и продают за бешеные даллары, людей уже вообще за дебилов считают
  85. Nov 14, 2018
    Fallout 76 feels like a me too online sandbox wannabe with a Fallout lick of paint. The game is so buggy and unpolished with problems in absolutely every aspect from connection, graphics, inventory management.

It's like Bethesda wanted to put out an online sandbox game with graphics, physics and animations all borrowed from older Bethesda titles. We're talking some of the creature animations are ripped straight from Skyrim here.

Fallout 76 is a blatant cash shop slapped on an unfinished, under developed, poor quality game. Bethesda has hit a new low point in the quest for maximum profit from very little investment.
  86. Nov 14, 2018
    Loot is level locked. PVP is invite initiated. There are no human NPC's. Every mission is mind numbingly repetitive. The "story" is told through hundreds of holotapes cause, again, no human NPC's. It looks absolutely terrible for a 2018 game and runs like hot garbage. Shall I go on? What a mess, Bethesda Softworks used to be one of the best gaming studios, now it's a bad joke.
  87. Nov 14, 2018
    Completely disappointed as a Fallout fan, as a PC gamer (this feels like an unpolished console port), and as an online gamer.
  88. Nov 14, 2018
    Why would this even be released? :(
    Damn it Todd, you were my lord and savior!
  89. Nov 16, 2018
    Most of the fun of previous Fallout games centered around the wacky dialogue and behavior of the NPCs, and the ridiculous ways they'd interact with each other. From their absurd requests to their hilarious and often totally misguided conflicts with each other, I could usually overlook the dreadful game mechanics and technical workings of the game because the NPCs were just so thoroughlyMost of the fun of previous Fallout games centered around the wacky dialogue and behavior of the NPCs, and the ridiculous ways they'd interact with each other. From their absurd requests to their hilarious and often totally misguided conflicts with each other, I could usually overlook the dreadful game mechanics and technical workings of the game because the NPCs were just so thoroughly amusing.

With Fallout 76, it seems that Bethesda has stripped away the aspects of the game that made it worthwhile, and lazily left in everything that made it so frustrating and broken. Even most of the bugs and broken mechanics that were in Fallout 4 initially are still here, along with a slew of new issues. The game just feels like garbage to play, and it looks like a total mess. I'm glad I played this game on a friend's machine instead of purchasing it myself, and I feel bad for all of the people who foolishly pre-purchased it at full price (with even more milking to come through microtransactions and future DLC).
  90. Nov 14, 2018
    Don't buy it.
    Fallout 76 is a soulless, bland MMO with a Fallout skin slapped on it.
    Immediately after starting, everything just feels off. Graphically, it runs on the exact same engine as Fallout 4, character creation is identical to what it was 3 years ago down to the same hairstyles and facial hair. A large part of what made Fallout interesting is absent in 76, that is the ability
    Don't buy it.
    Fallout 76 is a soulless, bland MMO with a Fallout skin slapped on it.

A large part of what made Fallout interesting is absent in 76, that is the ability to loot damn-near every container around you. You start in a vault surrounded by desks and lockers but you're unable to search them, whereas in the previous games you were able to pull all kinds of junk out of them if you so desired. It's a minor point, but it goes a long way in making the world feel even more barren and empty than it already does. Once you get out in the world you can search containers, but only some of them, as opposed to the other games where you can root around in anything that is physically capable of holding something.

On the topic of loot, it is the only thing that makes this game even worth glancing at, and even then it doesn't excuse the lack of content and the $60 price tag even less so. In my experience, shortly after leaving the vault, I came across a house surrounded by Scorched (the new placeholder enemy. They look like ghouls and attack like raiders, while being less interesting than both). I fought them off with relative ease, taking very little damage despite getting completely wailed on by several enemies, and proceeded to loot no less than 3 pipe revolvers and 3 hunting rifles off the same corpse. At least in the other games the loot you gathered kind of made sense. If a raider was shooting you with a hunting rifle, upon killing him, you could pick up that rifle most of the time, not 3 copies of a gun you didn't see him use once. This is all to say the loot in 76 is very limp and, for lack of a better way to put it, not worth looting. This is to say nothing of the level requirements needed to use the stronger weapons, which, in Fallout, is nothing short of sinful.

The biggest issue, I think, with Fallout 76 is the lack of something very critical to the other games: NPCs. Bethesda's aim with 76 was to make player interactions happen with other players and not NPCs, but the problem then arises that they're unable to make complex storylines and quests because of this. Every quest in 76 boils down to "run to the waypoint, do this/kill this/get this" and you're done. Rinse and repeat until you get bored.
    The NPCs make the world come alive, and their absence is what makes 76 feel so damn dead.

The building is also cumbersome and a general pain in the ass. The player doesn't really have much of a goal to work towards past "kill this thing, loot it, stare longingly at the shiny new gun you can't use yet." The leveling is also excruciatingly castrated, now opting to use a card system of all things, because people like cards I suppose?? Any perks you do apply to your character feel as limp and worthless as everything else in the game.

The only reason I gave this game a 1 and not a 0 is because functionally, it works. You walk. You run. You jump. You shoot things. But for a game in a series as big and successful as Fallout to simply "just work" is a massive step down. It feels like a skeleton framework for something that was originally going to be much better with much more content, and without the heavy emphasis on multiplayer, maybe we could have gotten something like that, but now we'll never know.

Ultimately, if you get anything out of my review, let it be this: Don't buy this game. Bethesda has no business charging $60 (and upwards of $200 for the power armor edition) for what equates to a **** Fallout 4 mod. I feel obscenely ripped off and have already contacted Bethesda to request a refund, but I'm not holding my breath.
  91. Nov 14, 2018
    Just the name. A reason for Bethesda to get more money. Same bad engine, even worst because of it being online. Unfinished and unpolished. Don't touch this even with a stick.
  92. Nov 14, 2018
    Yet again Bethesda proves they are incapable of making a decent Fallout game. Fallout 3 had a pass because it was their first take on the series but it seems that Bethesda keeps taking one step forward two steps back with Fallout. There is just no sustainable value in this game other than to make fun of it with friends. Playing with friends makes anything enjoyable. Watch The Room byYet again Bethesda proves they are incapable of making a decent Fallout game. Fallout 3 had a pass because it was their first take on the series but it seems that Bethesda keeps taking one step forward two steps back with Fallout. There is just no sustainable value in this game other than to make fun of it with friends. Playing with friends makes anything enjoyable. Watch The Room by yourself and you'll want to blow your brains out. Watch it with friends piss drunk and you'll make memories. "Fun with Friends" should not be the only selling point. Expand
  93. Nov 14, 2018
    It's not the Fallout I remember aside from it being literally unplayable, buggy and glitchy.
  94. Nov 14, 2018
    Don't let developers get away with lazy! After playing games for 30 years you sometimes think you've seen it all. But every once in a while a game comes along that can still surprise you in how lazy and **** it can be - This is Fallout76.

Basically it's an asset flip of Fallout 4, minus real quests, plus multiplayer. And the multiplayer serves absolutely no purpose in this game, it's just in there because Bethesda wanted to dip their toe in the water of "live service games", or in other words: Cash in on the most profitable industry trend. The game is so ridiculously easy most of the times, there is zero reason to ever play with other players. And PVP doesn't even exist in this game. I mean in theory it does, but in reality it's just not a thing. The spank system is the most broken and stupid concept I've ever seen in a "PVP" game.

Besides all of this, the technical state of the game is an insult to every gamer. Even on systems with a 1080ti the game runs like absolute dog. The field of view can not be adjusted, it doesn't even support widescreen monitors (yet), the frame rate is locked to 60fps due to the horribly aging Creation engine in use and how its physics are tied to the frame rate, patches in this game can be larger than the actual game itself without offering any new content, the beta deleted itself at one point, and countless other ridiculous issues that occurred during my beta plays.

This is a 20$ early access game on Steam. Unfortunately it is sold at 60$, by a company notorious for not fixing any bugs in their games.

And ironically enough Bethesda, the only people who could save you now, are the ones you locked out of this game: your modding community.

Stay away from this hot garbage, no studio should get away with this level of laziness or incompetence.
  95. Nov 14, 2018
    Mythbusters actually proved that you can polish a turd so seeing this Todd decided to dump out the worlds largest turd with a 100% functioning store so we all can micro transaction that brown into a shiny personalized monetized pile of fallout 4 yer own bum...
    My beloveth Fallout, where forth art thou?
  96. Nov 14, 2018
    What even is this game? It's not an mmo. It's not an rpg. It's not a battleground. It's not really survival. It's DEFINITELY not a Fallout game, despite the label and recycled assets. I think it's just a buggy, half finished, cash grab.

Please Bethesda, sell this game series to someone who likes fallout games. hell, to someone who likes video games. I honestly think you hate fallout, hate your customers, hate gaming, hate your investors. This game is ridiculous.

1 out of 10. boring. buggy. schizophrenic. insulting really.
  97. Nov 17, 2018
    A devolution in gaming.

Low to no effort has been put into this shell of a product.
  98. Nov 19, 2018
    Big map but fewer explorable locations than other FO games. Very dated gun play. Weird PVP mechanic that falls flat. Poor graphic quality with limited FOV. Lack of NPCs hurts both the game and strory telling. Very limited replay-ability, weak RPG mechanics, maybe a 30-40 hour game at most. Make a private server option and the modding community may be able to fix this up and makeBig map but fewer explorable locations than other FO games. Very dated gun play. Weird PVP mechanic that falls flat. Poor graphic quality with limited FOV. Lack of NPCs hurts both the game and strory telling. Very limited replay-ability, weak RPG mechanics, maybe a 30-40 hour game at most. Make a private server option and the modding community may be able to fix this up and make something cool out of this game. Until then it really not worth the price. Expand
  99. Nov 14, 2018
    As a die-hard Fallout fan, I can only say that this game is horrible.
    From an fallout perspective, this game is anything but fallout.
    Lore breaking changes that don't make sense, no dialogue system or quests what so ever (a first in the fallout franchise). Yes, it is a big open world, but it's empty. If you are a true fallout fan, this game Is absolutely not for you. If you are a fan
    As a die-hard Fallout fan, I can only say that this game is horrible.
    From an fallout perspective, this game is anything but fallout.

If you are a true fallout fan, this game Is absolutely not for you.
    If you are a fan of simple sandbox games, like Rust, Conan exiles, ARK, but you always wanted that with a fallout skin, then this is not a bad game. Not the best, not the worst.

See this as a Fallout for kids.
    A simple fallout game, with low effort, that's not meant for the fans.

Fallout new Vegas was made in a shorter time period than 76, and simply is way better.
    Maybe it's time that Bethesda looks at obsidian for their spin off titles again.

Unfortunately Bethesda hasn't listened to the fans since fallout 4, and to think they'll change is just a pipe dream.
  100. Nov 17, 2018
    Лор игры успешно просран! Оптимизация просрана, геймплей просран. Плевок в лицо фанатам.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 46 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 5, 2019
    Fallout 76 represents a big disappointment and the lowest point of the series so far. Riddled with bugs, repetitive and dull gameplay, nonexistent story and outdated graphics, it fails as a both multiplayer and singleplayer experience for fans and newcomers alike.
  2. CD-Action
    Feb 6, 2019
    Miracles do happen once in a while and No Man’s Sky proved that sometimes it is possible to get back on your feet even after a terrible failure. Right now though Fallout 76 is botched spectacularly on so many levels that even talking about this game is a waste of time. [01/2019, p.46]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 10, 2019
    An unfinished game with bifurcated identity and in an almost dysfunctional state. It's hard to build on a bad base, that will never change. Like the war. [Issue#292]