2.8

1. Nov 15, 2018
    Fallout 76 is a lifeless, shell of a world that had most of it's assets ripped from Fallout 4. It goes out of it's way to take everything that Fallout was and throw it in the trash for the sake of appealing to a fanbase that was never there.

Pros. The Music is good, as usual. Cons. No NPC's. No Story outside of notes, holotapes and exposition shouted at you by robots.

Pros.
    The Music is good, as usual.

Cons.
    No NPC's.

No Story outside of notes, holotapes and exposition shouted at you by robots.

Meaningless factions that lead only to busywork repeatable quests such as 'escort this robot' and 'defend this supply cache'.

Shoehorned factions put in simply for brand recognition, despite them making no lore sense in the setting.

PvP that doesn't exist.

PvE that's stupidly easy, and when it's not easy you're just fighting bullet sponges.

The dialogue system removed entirely.

90% of the game is inhabited by these fake ghouls called 'scorched', no enemy variety at all.

Ridiculous micro-transactions that manage to be even worse than the creation club ($3 for a virtual door for your house, $5 for some stupid hat).

It's still on the creation engine. Which means all the bugs that existed in Fallout 4 and even as far back as MORROWIND still persist.

You can speedhack the game just by editing a .ini file.

There's no data encryption. Hope you're not trying to hide your IP address from some stalker.

DO NOT reward Bethesda for this travesty of a game.
  2. Nov 24, 2018
    Greetings,

Thank you for contacting the Bethesda Support Team.

Customers who have downloaded the game are not eligible for a refund. We apologize for the inconvenience.

If there is anything else we can assist you with please reply to this email for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,

-Can't change FOV
    -Terrible UI
    -Full of bugs
    -Lifeless empty world
    -Bunch of fetch missions.
    -Terrible pvp
    Worse game of 2018!
  4. Nov 24, 2018
    I made an account here just so i could give this game a 0. Bethesda is capable of so much more, and the shameless cash grab that is fallout 76 is ironically shameful.
  5. Nov 16, 2018
    It's time to stop giving Bethesda a free pass on awful bugs, bland content and putting the money above their customers. It's time to put our foot down and demand better for our $60.

Post-Skyrim, Bethesda has turned ugly. They've taken the same sociopathic hyper-corporate road as EA and Activision, chasing that sweet cash money to the nth degree while ruthlessly exploiting their fan base and making inferior games.

For some reason they've been allowed to get away with this for years. The bought-and-paid-for reviewers seem to find "Bethesda bugs" charming and quaint, even joking about how they're "part of the experience".

Maybe if you get a free review copy of the game they are terribly amusing, but when I'm paying $60 for the privilege I expect the game to run properly and not have to hack the .ini files for hours myself to get it to work. Top "journalists", how much is Bethesda paying you again?

Anyway, to the game; Fallout 76 is more of the same bland, buggy tripe that we got with Fallout 4 (to the extent it's essentially a multiplayer mod).

It comes from the same school of cash-grab thought as Metal Gear Survive. Fallout 76's ancient engine is poorly diguised with a flaking new coat of beige paint.

Unlike single-player Betheda releases, they can't rely wholly on unpaid amateur modders to fix their bugs this time around and so they're likely here to stay. At least it means they won't get to exploit their dedicated community to do their work for them for free.

Continuing on from Fallout 4's hollow stripping down of the Fallout franchise, Fallout 76 goes another step further, removing all NPCs and replacing them with the cheap, boring terminals and holotapes of Fallout 3 and 4. You know, those excruciatingly boring and meaningless quests people hated (yet are very easy to make)...there's a whole game of those now. Yippee!

The MP component itself is underwhelming, with castrated PvP (because they didn't want it to be too harsh for the ultra-casuals they're appealing to) and boring co-op. It's no fun to run around in an empty world where there's nothing to do and no real plot.

Ignore the inevitable 10/10 IGN and "actually I quite like the politics" Kotaku reviews, as they excitedly kiss the rumps of their masters. Bethesda have churned out re-release after re-release of Skyrim, tried to force "Paid Mods" into their games and now they've moved into cynical cash-grab territory. It's time to push back.
  6. Nov 15, 2018
    As a lover of the franchise I had to create an account here in Metacritic just to write the following lines:

Bethesda doesn't care for its costumers, at all. I tried so hard to defend this game and give this installment a chance, but after playing a few hours after release and getting bored as hell, I had to ask for refund just to find out they won't give your money back after the release date of the game.

This is the last time I buy a game as a pre-order. And probably the last time I'll ever buy a Bethesda game.

What is Fallout without the factions fighting for power, heartbreaking stories and awesome companions?

The game strongest point - its combat system - is unresponsive and laggy. Meelee build is just impossible or not worthy.

God forgive me for paying this sick joke of a Fallout 4 multiplayer mod the price of a full retail game. Costumers, speak with your wallets.
  7. Nov 17, 2018
    I created an account on here just to further inform my fellow gamers and friends of how terrible this game actually is. I've spent over 10 hours ingame and honestly it felt like a boring lonely chore to get anything done, EVEN WITH MY FRIENDS. The UI is archaic, the server selection nonexistent, and lack of matchmaking tools or modernized friend/party systems makes it that much more of aI created an account on here just to further inform my fellow gamers and friends of how terrible this game actually is. I've spent over 10 hours ingame and honestly it felt like a boring lonely chore to get anything done, EVEN WITH MY FRIENDS. The UI is archaic, the server selection nonexistent, and lack of matchmaking tools or modernized friend/party systems makes it that much more of a chore to play.

Bethesda, you should honestly be ashamed. You're not supposed to be like EA. The Todd Howard memes were funny and all but now he can rest his legacy next to his fat wallet, in his pocket, hopefully never to come back into the light. Return to form or do not hurt the fallout franchise further.
  8. Nov 16, 2018
    I cant quantify the amount of sheer disappointment, i knew i should have canceled my pre-order. The game, if you could call it that, is among the worst quality I've seen in 20 years of gaming. Don't waste your time and money on this. Buy red dead 2 you'll have a much better time.
  9. Nov 17, 2018
    Complete TRASH, bugged, broken and disgusting money-grab with absolutely no story. Do not buy!
  10. Nov 17, 2018
    After 20 hours of playing the game i'm requesting a refund as the game is lacking in content and care from the creators ,
    it shouldn't have ever costed 60$ with such a terrible engine where the game is degrading and becoming unplayable.
    the graphics haven't upgraded since fallout 4, also they locked the game at 30fps. everything looks like plastic and people lag spike around the god
    the graphics haven't upgraded since fallout 4,
    also they locked the game at 30fps.
    everything looks like plastic and people lag spike around the god damn map and ais are losing their walking animations mid fight.
    i feel i bought a beta of a game for 60$ and its such a shame that a AAA game is this awful and unplayable how did Bethesda think it was even ok to sell this game with how many problems it has.
  11. Nov 18, 2018
    This is a No Man's Sky level of disaster for Bethesda.

I've been a fan of Fallout since Fallout 1, and I wanted to like this game. The setting lends itself well to a survivor game, and the concept of being able to build structures with permanence in a shared fallout world is a wonderful dream. But a dream it will remain. If a game isn't going to have a story, it needs to have a
    This is a No Man's Sky level of disaster for Bethesda.

If a game isn't going to have a story, it needs to have a compelling world and environment. If it isn't going to have a compelling world and environment, it needs to have a great story. There is no story in Fallout 76, and the limitation on building structures (and the only permanent structures are those near your CAMP deployment [UPDATE: even those structures will randomly disappear without warning, it turns out]), makes building a futile waste of time. You're better off investing time into Fallout 4 settlements. Adding to this frustration is litany of poor design choices and bugs - no push to talk, no engine update (setting is in West Virginia but you can't climb up ledges when jumping at them - even DOOM lets you do this), its a social game that limits your party to four, the graphics are mediocre for the era, server crashes aren't uncommon. I really want to say something positive about the game because I love the Fallout franchise, but this honestly feels like discovering while you still care about your significant other, they've given up on the relationship.

This game lacks story, it lacks environment, and it comes with an unruly bucket of bugs from an outdated engine that needed to be put out to pasture after Skyrim. After the first day of playing it the only motivation I had for keeping at it was to see if it ever got compelling in its own right besides having Fallout in the title. It doesn't. This is the kind of work I'd expect, and be excited for, if it came from community modders, for free. This is not a AAA title release. Save your money for then it's 10 dollars.

This is a Vault-Tec style social experiment at total deprivation of satisfaction.
  12. Nov 16, 2018
    Boring, unfinished, buggy, bad console port with outdated graphics, no optimisation, empty sandbox with **** fps combat.
    PS Its not Fallout.
  13. Nov 16, 2018
    Time for Bethesda to move on with this engine and update their framework. In 2018 game looks bad and works like broken early access.
  14. Nov 17, 2018
    Why do we put up with this?
    Have some smarts people, don't let big publishers fool you into preorders.
    For them to be able to profit off rubbish like this is a direct insult upon your intelligence.
    We live in an age of information, USE IT.
  15. Nov 16, 2018
    In a world where Fallout 3 is 10 and New Vegas is 9 and Fallout 4 is 8, Fallout 76 is 1. But in a world where there are Half-Life, GTA, Bioshock and other games this game is flat out 0. That is no hate towards the game but an honest score. Fallout game where there is practically no story, no human npc's and is basically all the worse parts of fallout 4. This game could have been done soIn a world where Fallout 3 is 10 and New Vegas is 9 and Fallout 4 is 8, Fallout 76 is 1. But in a world where there are Half-Life, GTA, Bioshock and other games this game is flat out 0. That is no hate towards the game but an honest score. Fallout game where there is practically no story, no human npc's and is basically all the worse parts of fallout 4. This game could have been done so much better. This game just feels like midterm cashgrab before Fallout 5.
    And bethesdas explanation of ''this game is better with friends'' is sad, because everything is better with friends, watching paint dry or lawn grow is better with friends.
  16. Nov 17, 2018
    Businesspeople are making decisions, not gamers. RIP Bethesda, it's been fun.
  17. Nov 17, 2018
    No Npc really killed this game there no reason they shouldn't be here I mean **** destiny has NPC I mean come on!!!!!
  18. Nov 16, 2018
    Can't believe people still give Bethesda a free pass for their glitchy games. If any other company did it people would cry about how they don't care about their customers. But if Bethesda does it it's ok because reasons. Fact is they're a business, they release glitchy garbage b/c they know you will buy it, and you deserve better. You deserve a company that respects you as much as youCan't believe people still give Bethesda a free pass for their glitchy games. If any other company did it people would cry about how they don't care about their customers. But if Bethesda does it it's ok because reasons. Fact is they're a business, they release glitchy garbage b/c they know you will buy it, and you deserve better. You deserve a company that respects you as much as you deserve. Stop buying Bethesda junk. Expand
  19. Nov 16, 2018
    Just don't touch this game. There's next to no content, VATS and SPECIAL are so streamlined now that they don't feel like they add anything to the game. Building and Crafting is so heavily simplified and is so poorly implemented, and on PC if you don't have WASD bound to your movement keys while in a build menu, you get stuck until you rebind them back. Enemies are pushovers and Death hasJust don't touch this game. There's next to no content, VATS and SPECIAL are so streamlined now that they don't feel like they add anything to the game. Building and Crafting is so heavily simplified and is so poorly implemented, and on PC if you don't have WASD bound to your movement keys while in a build menu, you get stuck until you rebind them back. Enemies are pushovers and Death has no meaning other than losing your junk and wasting time. There is a Microtransaction shop that is utterly worthless, with simple cosmetic items costing $5+ and it takes a very long time to earn atoms in-game. Framerate is locked to 63 FPS and your FOV is locked at the console default 70 with no way to change it. Autosaves take forever and the servers crash so often that you can actually lose progress because of the long interval between autosaves. PvP is useless and only serves to waste time or troll people, as the attacker gains nothing most of the time since their damage is limited, and the defender can chem up and equip their best gear just to slaughter the attacker. With the massive amount of bugs and the fact this just feels like a Multiplayer mod, there is 0 reason to get this game unless it goes for less than $5 USD. This only gets a 1 because of the gunplay. Expand
  20. Nov 14, 2018
    + a fallout game

- we don't get a real fallout game
    - no npc'S
    - bug fiesta
    - limited stash
    - online only
    - empty landscape
    - lvl 1 next to lvl 10 enemies
    - event's where noone joins
    - using fallout 4 graphics almost 10 years later
    - not working building placements
    - locked 63 max fps because the engine/run speed is dependend on fps
    - microtransactions

- it just (doesn't) work!
  21. Nov 18, 2018
    I was sold on the awesome setting of the Fallout universe. Then Fo76 just crapped all over it. This is THE biggest waste of money I can ever recall spending money on and I purchased Battlecruiser 3000AD.

*No story
    *Terrible enemy AI
    *Terrible gun play
    *Single player engine modified for MP with all the Bethesda bugs

Avoid this like the plague.
  22. Nov 14, 2018
    Just the name. A reason for Bethesda to get more money. Same bad engine, even worst because of it being online. Unfinished and unpolished. Don't touch this even with a stick.
  23. Nov 15, 2018
    0,4 of 10 for this game. Bad graphics. Bad gameplay. Bad optimization. Bad Zenimax
  24. Nov 14, 2018
    Fun solo or with friends experience, No human NPC is a real bummer but quest are still as good as they ever were, you just have to have the effort to look for them and read those terminalsl
  25. Nov 14, 2018
    Locked on 60fps
    Now FOV sldier
    Broken quests
    People are being robbed, keys not working
    Bethesda should go away forever.
  26. Nov 14, 2018
    (PC) bugged, crazy unoptimized game. i cannot belive there might be triple A game released in such state.
    There were 0 effort putted into making interface friendly for pc users, u navigate menus with "z" "tab" ect.
    99% of time u will sped overweighted unless ur not looting anyhting. and being overweighted is super annoying - u cannot sprint and u move super slow. in addition u cant fast travel anywhere.
    i can run Witcher 3 with 120fps on max det. but this game gets 36-42 fps max, no matter graphic settings.
  27. Nov 14, 2018
    This game is unfinished. I'm not sure if some of the positive reviews are shills or just delusional fanboys. The endless fetch quests will put you right to sleep. The T-Posing enemies will break any chance of immersion you hope to have. The Beta was more of a softlaunch to try and distract buyers from the fact that this game is a buggy unfinished mess. If this game was on Steam it would beThis game is unfinished. I'm not sure if some of the positive reviews are shills or just delusional fanboys. The endless fetch quests will put you right to sleep. The T-Posing enemies will break any chance of immersion you hope to have. The Beta was more of a softlaunch to try and distract buyers from the fact that this game is a buggy unfinished mess. If this game was on Steam it would be mass refunded. Expand
  28. Nov 14, 2018
    I pre ordered this game and expected something similar to previous games. I played it for some hours, but i'ts a dead lifeless world with good things missing from it. Biggest disappointment I have had with a game for as long as I can remember.
  29. Nov 15, 2018
    A complete betrayal of the fanbase, or even the gaming community in general. The game is a mess. Horribly outdated engine with bad shooting and tons of bugs. It's a disgusting mess. Thanks Todd. I'm not buying your game. I tried it on a friend's account just to laugh at your lazy work.
  30. Nov 16, 2018
    Apply yourself, Bethesda!

1. Bad grafics
    2. Million bugs
    3. Pointless gameplay
    4. Game is boring
  31. Nov 14, 2018
    It's not the Fallout I remember aside from it being literally unplayable, buggy and glitchy.
  32. Nov 14, 2018
    a fallout game without npc is worthless even playing with other people.
    4 hours listen holotapes is tedious and boring
  33. Nov 16, 2018
    This is not a Fallout Brian Fargo/Tim Cain created. This is just another Todds money grabber
  34. Nov 14, 2018
    Cash grab, rushed and not worth the money. Where's the soul? The thing that worries me about this game the most is that if it does well, there won't be a single player Fallout 5, we'll just get an MMO with tons of micro transactions which will kill the franchise. I worry for the future of Fallout.
  35. Nov 14, 2018
    The game is a waste of time. Full of bugs and robots without a story or enjoyable characters. Even if you can form a team it is still messy to play. Graphics are old and lighting is weird. I think this was an experiment of Bethesda on if they could sell the worst game with right marketing tactics. Another Dawn of War 3 case at best.
  36. Nov 14, 2018
    As a die-hard Fallout fan, I can only say that this game is horrible.
    From an fallout perspective, this game is anything but fallout.
    Lore breaking changes that don't make sense, no dialogue system or quests what so ever (a first in the fallout franchise). Yes, it is a big open world, but it's empty. If you are a true fallout fan, this game Is absolutely not for you. If you are a fan
    As a die-hard Fallout fan, I can only say that this game is horrible.
    From an fallout perspective, this game is anything but fallout.

If you are a true fallout fan, this game Is absolutely not for you.
    If you are a fan of simple sandbox games, like Rust, Conan exiles, ARK, but you always wanted that with a fallout skin, then this is not a bad game. Not the best, not the worst.

See this as a Fallout for kids.
    A simple fallout game, with low effort, that's not meant for the fans.

Fallout new Vegas was made in a shorter time period than 76, and simply is way better.
    Maybe it's time that Bethesda looks at obsidian for their spin off titles again.

Unfortunately Bethesda hasn't listened to the fans since fallout 4, and to think they'll change is just a pipe dream.
  37. Nov 14, 2018
    This game is god awful!
    -FPS locked
    -Can't change FOV
    -Terrible UI
    -Full of bugs
    -Lifeless empty world
    -Bunch of fetch missions.
    -Terrible pvp
    Worse game of 2018!
  38. Nov 15, 2018
    After 6 hours i must admit gameplay is TERRIBLE boring, BORING and loonely.
    Why you ruined Fallout?
    You threw away everything that made the Fallout series awesome (nps, mod ecc) to conceive an hybrid MMO abomination. You mad ?
  39. Nov 14, 2018
    Do not buy at the current state (and let be frank, we know Betheda never fix anything themselve, wait for mod).
    Game crash, disconnect, cheat. There's no QA in this game. You can't even get out of tutorial area without falling to the 'undermap'.
    And it won't even let me uninstall.
  40. Nov 14, 2018
    We could expect a similar failure from a small indie studio that is still (unsuccessfully) looking for its niche, but not from a major player in the video game industry.
    Nevertheless, in 2018, Bethesda releases a low-grade sandbox without the slightest hint of content or gameplay, naively believing that hundreds of people sticking around without any goal or purpose can make the game “interesting” and “exciting”.
    This is certainly not the case.
    The game world is not felt alive at all, the mediocre graphics and unintelligible game design solutions make the Fallout 76 the main disappointment of the year.
  41. Nov 14, 2018
    Boring and BUG Simulator...
    Go to reedit and pum
    No Man's Sky 2 or something like that
  42. Nov 17, 2018
    60$ Mod for Follout4
    All game aspects are so badly.... i not have a words
    RDR2 more RPG than Fallout
  43. Nov 14, 2018
    From the very first second of playing, I was greeted with the sound of a man deeply taking drags on a vape and commentating his every thought while I used the horribly clunky face customizer as fast as I could so that I could reach a menu where I could mute the player.

Shortly after, a Brahman spawned on me inside a bathroom, trapping me. This is the experience of Fallout 76.

Shortly after, a Brahman spawned on me inside a bathroom, trapping me.

This is the experience of Fallout 76. Obnoxious other players who are there occasionally, and when they aren't you still suffer by losing out on NPCs, VATs, being able to pause the game and just generally everything that makes Fallout a good game.

I do not think I have ever been so disappointed in a "AAA" release.

On top of this, when I went to pick up my physical copy from GameStop (which was ordered 5 months ago) the disk was made of cardboard and had a code stamped on it for download. Now I want to return the game but GameStop "doesn't accept returns on digital purchases," one of the reasons I ordered a physical copy in the first place.

Just a colossal failure on the part of both Bethesda and GameStop.
  44. Nov 14, 2018
    This is the worst fallout experience I have ever had, absolutely soulless and a complete cash grab. Terrible...
  45. Nov 16, 2018
    Thank you Bethesda for stealing my money for a piece of #&@!

Bugs can be solved, so I do not care about them. But... The game is boring. Why makes sense to do any quest? Where is the logic? Quest like protect area against some monsters, if there are no NPCs? Why I should? Cooperation with another online players just sucks. Why shall I do a coop if I can kill all monsters by two
    Thank you Bethesda for stealing my money for a piece of #&@!

Bugs can be solved, so I do not care about them. But...
    The game is boring. Why makes sense to do any quest? Where is the logic? Quest like protect area against some monsters, if there are no NPCs? Why I should? Cooperation with another online players just sucks. Why shall I do a coop if I can kill all monsters by two gunshots? Looting? (not appropriate level to equip... I don´t want to equip, I want LOOT!!!) Building mechanism? Trying to put a floor is like a mini-game, but pretty boring. Hey Bethesda...well done...I am applauding you for spending money on a useless project which will die in dark...As a big fan of the whole Fallout series, here you just screwed up all key features and killed all reasons why we loved Fallout. And do you think, that the only reason for buying games are a graphic modes and brand? Kick out of the door Tom with all his stupid ideas and sell the brand to somebody who will do the games for gamers and not egoistic useless ideas. BTW... I want my money back. You promised game and fun. And I received a simulator of walking through the boring but quite nice looking nature, without story, without quests, without NPC and even worse...without reason to play.
  46. Nov 14, 2018
    The game, at its very core, is a boring slog of inane missions which are there as an extremely dull distraction from an empty and lackluster world. If the premise of the "game" you are attempting to sell relies primarily playing with friends, then the game needs to provide an interesting environment in which these experiences can happen in. This game utterly fails at that.
  47. Nov 14, 2018
    This review will, hopefully, help you to understand what's actually happening.
    It,s indeed pretty much true that some of "0" reviews may be posted by people who didn't even play the game. But, there is one "but"...
    This review will, hopefully, help you to understand what's actually happening.

The true darkness is on the other side. Take a look on several random profiles that gave "10" to this game. Almost like 90% of them have only 1 review (for FO76) and profile names like "superplayer1984". In their reviews, there're writing everything via one of two copypastas: 1) describing all the game features were named by bethesda in trailers (some of which simply even don't exist) and literally telling everything is working perfectly. 2) callin everyone who left a bad review a hater who never played the game.

The second part is as you all know, Bethesda initially released game only on Beth.net - not on Steam, GOG etc. Why? Yes, eaxactly. You can't leave a review there. At least, so easily. Question is - what is it like?

Yes, we all know (especially those who are reading political news) how it looks. Bethesda (I'm not saying directly Pete Hines, obviously not, but through the hands of sub-companies, "family" bloggers and "friendly" game journalists) is litereally using the bots to leave positive reviews and leaving 10 points to at least somehow save catastrophic ratings of the game. Almost all accounts that made 10/10 FO76 reviews were made not by real players behind them, but by certain people, for only one goal - try to save the game ratings on the platform they can't affect directly.

Don't get me wrong. Bethesda was and today still [IS] my favourite game company. But the abyss they are making between themselves and community, how they allow marketing stuff to rule the PR company and game development itself, and how obviously they are trying to hide any possible negative critics about the game - it's really, really sad.

I'm neither FO 76 fan or hater. I just don't care about it - I won't play it and wait for Starfield and TES VI.
    Though, I played more than 20 hours on my friend gaming PC to not let myself make a prejudged review.
    I also wish every player who bought it to have the best possible time in it.
    Fallout 76 is not a "zero" game. But it's a very, very bad game. Extremely outdated engine. Terrible performance. Awful cheating/hacking protection. But what if most important, it's a soulless game which has even less to have at least something in commong with FO series than FO4 had. It's empty, repeative and just boring.
    I won't give "0" to this game. But I'll give as maximum as "3" because this is what FO76 deserves.
  48. Nov 15, 2018
    It's like they took Fallout 4 and removed everything good about it.

It's not just that the game isn't worth $60- it's not worth an hour of your time.

Play DayZ, or Rust or something. This game is an abortion of an attempt, and it's sad it has the name Bethesda on it.
  49. Nov 14, 2018
    Nothing will help this game, everything is very bad. The series for me finally died.
  50. Nov 14, 2018
    I love Fallout, but this is a complete mess. Why in the world did they think a multi player game was a good idea in this engine? I fear they are completely out of touch and aren't playing their own games. Makes me sad.
  51. Nov 15, 2018
    Poor performance, bad graphics, boring story, no Fov slider, 60 FPS cap.
    With a GTX 1080 ti and an i7 7700k you get in some Areas around 40 FPS. On low settings!
    The game quickly gets boring, you can't do anything else as explore and loot.
  52. Nov 14, 2018
    This is not fallout, heck, it's not even a game, it's a shell of a broken piece of garbage, completely lifeless, buggy and empty. Bethesda has reached a new low, I hadn't seen such a terrible boring and unfinished "game" in my life. This thing is worth $60 and with microtransactions, which by the way it's the only thing that works properly? What a joke! Avoid at all cost! this broken pieceThis is not fallout, heck, it's not even a game, it's a shell of a broken piece of garbage, completely lifeless, buggy and empty. Bethesda has reached a new low, I hadn't seen such a terrible boring and unfinished "game" in my life. This thing is worth $60 and with microtransactions, which by the way it's the only thing that works properly? What a joke! Avoid at all cost! this broken piece of crap is the best definition of barren. I hadn't felt so insulted in my life, how can you destroy the fallout franchise like this? give it to Obsidian so they can do it justice. You with Fallout and Activision Blizzard with Diablo are in a competition to see who can destroy their franchise first, you are in a whole new level of sucking. Expand
  53. Nov 14, 2018
    I've played every Bethesda game and every Fallout game.

After 30 hours of game play I can say this game isn't worth sixty dollars. The story is limited to notes and recordings in a medium that's "Let the player do" instead of "Tell them what happen", normally that kind of story telling is an optional addition to the games experience. Fallout 76 and Fallout 4 both have lore that
    I've played every Bethesda game and every Fallout game.

After 30 hours of game play I can say this game isn't worth sixty dollars.

Fallout 76 and Fallout 4 both have lore that goes against established cannon, retconning those previous games is disrespectful to the writers and developers of past games.

The PC edition launched without a number options typically found in sixty dollar triple A titles. From the options menu you cannot, turn off depth of field, bloom, god rays, bloom, change the Anti Aliasing settings, or set an ultra wide screen resolution. The strange thing is the game does support all those settings if you change them from the configuration files. However the normal user would have a difficult time figuring out how to go about that process. Bethesda omitted those options from the game for seemingly no reason.

After exploring the map, the size of which is one of the games few positives, the gameplay would consist of mostly building your camp and controlling public workshops. The building mode in the game while aggravating at times does work and is improved slightly from Fallout 4.

Other players from my experience will have voice chat turned off and will ignore you after a wave. After twenty hours of leaving my microphone on in hopes that I would make a lasting connection with someone I decided to turn it off so I could listen to an audio book without having to worry about others at all.

All of the good things in Fallout 76 can be better found in Fallout 4, and basically this game is Fallout 4 striped of it's substantial story elements and combined with the restrictions of a multiplayer game.
  54. Nov 14, 2018
    I had hope. But it only have ancient engine, swarm of bugs, retcon lore, no true nic and its only multiplayer Mod for F4 for 60$. Todd Howard you did it again.
  55. Nov 14, 2018
    Total garbage. For $60 I was expecting AAA title, not this bs.
    How can I get a refund?
  56. Nov 17, 2018
    That's a true PIECE OF **** not Fallout game... Just vote by your wallet peoples and DONT BUY THIS **** Maybe then, that GREEDY BETHESDA corporation will start to respect the Fallout fans and the players, becouse for now they have us in their asses and everything that they want t's only our CA$H.
  57. Nov 16, 2018
    It's a boring griefer-fest garbage game that should never have existed. The internet ruins everything
  58. Nov 18, 2018
    No PC options that have become standard, no story, no NPCs, world is boring, more bugs then a 2 dollar whore, launcher deletes game, launcher won't let you uninstall game, microtransactions, frame rate locked at 63, No STEAM.
  59. Nov 17, 2018
    It's bad!! Seriously everything about this game!! Reminds me too much of fallout 4
  60. Nov 14, 2018
    No soul and feels like a bad Fallout 4 multiplayer mod more than a new game. I am very disappointed.
  61. Nov 14, 2018
    This game is a slap in the face to all Fallout fans. I know Bethesda is no stranger to glitches and bugs, But this is too much for a AAA title in 2018, Nothing has seemed to improve from the BETA. Bugs aside, The launch was terrible in it's self, It took me about an hour just to get into the game, Only to be disconnected 10 minutes later, I thought the BETA was supposed to prevent this.This game is a slap in the face to all Fallout fans. I know Bethesda is no stranger to glitches and bugs, But this is too much for a AAA title in 2018, Nothing has seemed to improve from the BETA. Bugs aside, The launch was terrible in it's self, It took me about an hour just to get into the game, Only to be disconnected 10 minutes later, I thought the BETA was supposed to prevent this. The Gameplay and Graphics are nothing to write home about either, In the right lighting and angle the game looks pretty, But most of the time it's a mess of god rays and blur, To make matters worse, My frame rate was almost never stable. To put it bluntly, This is probably the worst game release i have seen in years

I just hope Bethesda can learn from their mistakes.
  62. Nov 16, 2018
    This is very unfortunate that bethesda is trying to kill this franchise. This company does not care about its customers and sells "modification"for F4 for full price.
    I lost my hope in fallout and not interested anymore.
  63. Nov 14, 2018
    Soulless, Zenimax just wanted to appeal to the large audience possible, and it's not even a good Rust clone much less a good game.
  64. Jun 10, 2019
    Been playing Fallout since 1997 and loved every title since.. until this one.
    F76 is just not a Fallout game. It is a generic multilayer game we already have way too much of.
    Been playing Fallout since 1997 and loved every title since.. until this one.
    I still don't know what they where thinking.. why take a timeless and classic franchise as Fallout and ruin it with a cash grab like that... then again, kinda the same thing happened back then with Fallout Tactics. And nobody nowadays is still talking about that one... for a good reason!
    That aside, just looking at it is for what it is... it is a mediocre multiplayer survival game, full of bugs and glitches. Nothing special!
    No npcs, no story, no great characters, no great moments that stick with you for years, like we had in the "real" Fallout games!
    Personally biggest disappointment this year.. but hey, I still have fun with the classic and newer Fallout titles.
  65. Nov 19, 2018
    FPS lock, permanent blur, plethora of bugs, broken quests(Bureau of Tourism) known to be broken for weeks and not fixed for release date. Stash issues, broken PvP revenge system, textures from 2011.. Yes this is Zenimax/Bethesda of 2018 with their new big project. Oh, no push to talk as well.
  66. Nov 14, 2018
    As a part of the original dev team at Black Isle studios that created Fallout 1 back 20 years ago I am amazed by the changes the series has gone through the past couple of years. Mostly I'm amazed by how it has almost completely lost its identity.

Bought the game to try it and see if it's as bad as people make it seem. Well they weren't exaggerating. This has almost nothing of what made the previous Fallout games and the universe great. The good news is that if I'm lucky maybe I can still get a refund on it.
  67. Nov 15, 2018
    Wow, What an absolute piece of garbage. I love the Fallout universe, this game should be scraped. Clunky non mapable controls (you can literally grenade yourself or melee an opponent based on how long you hold alt). Horrible dark, ugly, buggy graphics. Game breaking quest bugs. I'm stuck at a bug in the main quest at lvl 15, I uninstalled it it was so frustrating. Don't buy.
  68. Nov 15, 2018
    OH dear what a let down after playing RDR 2, honesty is what is missing from this game! If the developer had been up front and honest about what the game is and is not, then Beth net wouldn't be in such a mess and I might have been able to rate it higher.

This is simply an online demo of FO 4 nothing more and, at present at least, somewhat less. That is how it should have been announced, a demo with ongoing dlc improvements. Easy really, quite acceptable the fans would have been engaged, money would still be made (in game) and time to bed in the new engine they would have bought with the enormous amounts of cash we have paid out over the years.

The world is pretty enough though graphics are starting to feel dated, it is also very large and sparsely populated (dlc anyone?), there are two largish settlements to occupy you for 2-3 hours but no more, unless your "grinding". The silliest part about quest and story lines being handed out by the deceased is....... why were they busy doing "dear diary" entries (well just about) instead of panicking or preparing or looting or rooting....... absolutely bare minimum of immersion. Pretty easy to play solo, which is just as well unless you byo friends!

Gosh, by industry standards this is so far off the mark for a AAA in all areas, right down to a 50G launch day patch.... I refer you to my opening paragraphs.

Ohh yeah one more thing, dont bother buying the physical game, the dvd is cardboard (I know right) with a download token hahahahahaha
  69. Nov 17, 2018
    Lack of NPCs, the game is full of bugs, the game world is empty and boring,slaughtered the game, come to you, bestheda , game infamous
  70. Nov 14, 2018
    This is full of fake reviews, please fix this, **** tonnes of accounts giving the game 10 to boost the score, some accounts have one review, or multiple reviews for terrible games giving them 10.
  71. Nov 14, 2018
    Yeah so this is getting review bombed by both fanboys and those who hate the game. Just to clarify, I HAVE played the game extensively, both solo and in a group. And yeah, the game just.. well, it's Fallout stripped of essentially everything that made the games great and replaced with a structure that reeks of an identity crisis. PVP is bad, solo play is bad, even co-op is pretty brokenYeah so this is getting review bombed by both fanboys and those who hate the game. Just to clarify, I HAVE played the game extensively, both solo and in a group. And yeah, the game just.. well, it's Fallout stripped of essentially everything that made the games great and replaced with a structure that reeks of an identity crisis. PVP is bad, solo play is bad, even co-op is pretty broken (no shared XP and the way you work through quests as a team is very confusing). Gun mechanics and graphics are meh, which usually wouldn't matter too much but seeing as though this game pretty much gets rid of everything else it is more noticeable here. Survival elements are tedious enough to irritate people who don't want them yet not harsh or detailed enough to excite survivalist players.

I mean yes the world is "huge" but 95% of it is boring, drawn out radiant/fetch quests, not dissimilar to the Preston Garvey Minutemen missions - only this time you aren't helping anyone because everyone is dead. Is it a terrible sandbox co-op game? No, not really. Not a great one either though. But Bethesda can't expect to latch on to the Fallout title and give us such a medicore product.

Finally, yeah, the game is glitchy as hell, of course, but so are all Bethesda games so I wouldn't say that's the main takeaway from playing this.

tl;dr if you liked the old Fallouts and want something even distantly similar, I'd advise you either stay clear or wait until it's on sale But then I'm a random guy on the internet lol
  72. Nov 16, 2018
    Simply unfinished. It is insultingly bad for the price point and should never have been shipped out in the condition that it is in. This game is nothing but a big middle finger by bethesda to every fallout fan and this game shows that they care about their franchises only in name alone. Disconnects, quest breaking glitches, stuttering and framerate dips, enemies spawning in front of youSimply unfinished. It is insultingly bad for the price point and should never have been shipped out in the condition that it is in. This game is nothing but a big middle finger by bethesda to every fallout fan and this game shows that they care about their franchises only in name alone. Disconnects, quest breaking glitches, stuttering and framerate dips, enemies spawning in front of you and many, many more issues are present in this game. On a technical level this game is objectively garbage and that's not even going into the empty world that they've created. No purpose at all in this game, just a sandbox without the sand in it. Expand
  73. Nov 16, 2018
    game is extremely glitchy. having to drink water and eat food constantly is very annoying as well as not being able to carry hardly any items without becoming overencumbered. no nps makes for a very dull story line. i do not recommend this game to anyone even if you are a fallout fan because all it will do is make you mad
  74. Nov 24, 2018
    An absolute travesty on consumers. A buggy mess that is without question inexcusable to put on the market. This game, at least if you care one bit about the gaming future, is a must pass. The game itself isn't worth two stones, play ark or rust if you want a better experience in the same vein.
  75. Nov 14, 2018
    An empty world with broken mechanics and most importantly a lifeless and boring world. Imagine Fallout 1, 2, 3, 4, Baldur's Gate, etc... but without any NPCs. Quests are uninteresting and make you want to skip the holotapes and robots that deliver them, fetch quests and kill X many zombies (monsters are unimaginative and rehashed). You'll be shooting immobile t-posing bullet sponge zombiesAn empty world with broken mechanics and most importantly a lifeless and boring world. Imagine Fallout 1, 2, 3, 4, Baldur's Gate, etc... but without any NPCs. Quests are uninteresting and make you want to skip the holotapes and robots that deliver them, fetch quests and kill X many zombies (monsters are unimaginative and rehashed). You'll be shooting immobile t-posing bullet sponge zombies and assorted riff-raff until they deplete your ammo reserve and ultimately their corpse will disapear before you can loot them. If only the bugs were the main issue. Unfortunately, this is a lazy cash-grab using a brown shaded color palette and an empty, pointless world. Expand
  76. Nov 14, 2018
    really bad game? like diablo immortal? not for core audience? too many bugs
  77. Nov 14, 2018
    I love fallout games! But this is a absolute trainwreck of a mess that misses all the good things about fallout, tacks on a shoddy multiplayer AT BEST and is a blatant cash cow. Avoid.
  78. Nov 26, 2018
    Yikes... Bethesda what the hell happened here.

The GUI - While it was an obvious port from controller, in previous Fallout's it was still manageable but in Fallout 76 it's a mess and absolutely frustrating experience. (especially when building...) The graphics - The FOV is incredible small, they could of increased this slightly, i get they need all the extra FPS they need (especially
    Yikes... Bethesda what the hell happened here.

The graphics - The FOV is incredible small, they could of increased this slightly, i get they need all the extra FPS they need (especially for consoles) but that's kind of ridiculous.

Gaussian blur everywhere, you'd think your character requires prescription glasses or something...

VOIP - Mic is active during character creation screen... so you can hear everyone raging at the GUI while in their character creating screen. (one player was scream F&%%%$$$k while smashing his keys)

The game also uses holotapes/robots instead of human NPC's to deliver the story... and they are boring as hell, it reminds me a lot of the questing in world of warcraft back in 2006.

The micro transactions are working though.... but you'll have to farm for hours if you want a cap, or pay 5$ of real world currency.

What a mess... It's as if they handed you a hungry man meal and told you eat that in the busiest cafeteria... cold, no microwave.

Meanwhile, New Vegas was the fillet minion we all yearn for and wanted more of... (maybe with coop options)
  79. Nov 15, 2018
    Just a very lazy rehashing of previous IP to make a fast buck. Fallout 4 was pretty bad and this is just Bethesda cashing out on the last of the value this game has. This franchise had it's glory days and it's over.
  80. Nov 16, 2018
    God Save Fallout. Fallout is Dead. A vapid waste of time. Spend your precious time on something else because anything is better than this trash heap.
  81. Nov 18, 2018
    Engine from Morrorwind, Buggy as hell, boring Quest, no real Story, Empty World, ugly Game, PvP not working.. What a lazy game... shame on u
  82. Nov 14, 2018
    I didn't think this franchise would sink any lower after playing Fallout 4, but when i turned this game on and played for a few hours i realised i couldn't be more wrong.
  83. Nov 14, 2018
    Looks worse than Fallout 4, no NPC's just a mindless chase after dead bodies and holotapes, base building is a wonkier than ever and multiplayer is a joke. Not to mention it feels like an early beta, not a finished game. This isnt Fallout, this is ****
  84. Nov 17, 2018
    Dull, dull, dull... There's no joy in this game. The story is unrelentingly grim and entirely unengaging. There are the inevitable bugs but nothing about the game suggests it'll be worth playing if they ever bother to fix them.
  85. Nov 15, 2018
    Fallout 76 could 've been a great game. But it feels like early access. The engine used by this game is too old for a game like this. The mechanics feel not fluid. We are forced to install yet another launcher on pc, etc.
    I could continue but that would be a bit too much.
    Great potential but bad implementation.
  86. Nov 22, 2018
    FO 76 is just Bethesda's way of eliminating the ability to mod and coercing players to pay for micro-transactions. Fallout has always shined as an example of a single player sandbox/RPG, known for it's clever dialogue in the early days and then known for it's ability to be modded into anything that fans can imagine, Fallout 76 is a departure from everything that made Fallout fans have comeFO 76 is just Bethesda's way of eliminating the ability to mod and coercing players to pay for micro-transactions. Fallout has always shined as an example of a single player sandbox/RPG, known for it's clever dialogue in the early days and then known for it's ability to be modded into anything that fans can imagine, Fallout 76 is a departure from everything that made Fallout fans have come to love. It is obviously for the sake of pushing micro transactions.
    The game was intentionally not released on steam so that gamers who regret preordering/purchasing it wouldn't be able to get a refund. On top of that, the game is a buggy mess, with outdated graphics, horrible optimization and a forced 60 FPS frame limit. Bethesda has really gone down hill.
  87. Nov 14, 2018
    Absolutely discusting game, nothing new from fallouf 4, just multiplayer mod ...
    it looks terrible, graphics is so bad - you can't look at it without tears on your eyes
    to make it more terrible i think bethesda need's to include pay to play system for this "game" because todd wants MONEY MONEY MORE MONEY by doing bad games
  88. Nov 14, 2018
    Stupid shooter not a Fallout. Definitely not an RPG, but an open world FPS only. Cash grab. It represents everything that is wrong with the gaming industry today.
  89. Nov 14, 2018
    If it were not for all the hilarious bugs this game would be a great cure for insomnia. They didn't improve anything since the 'beta'. Literally everything is glitched. This developer is lazy. The game isn't ready for release whatsoever. As for the game, they wanted to make a good rpg with pvp. what they made is a bad rpg with bad pvp. they got them both horribly wrong trying to findIf it were not for all the hilarious bugs this game would be a great cure for insomnia. They didn't improve anything since the 'beta'. Literally everything is glitched. This developer is lazy. The game isn't ready for release whatsoever. As for the game, they wanted to make a good rpg with pvp. what they made is a bad rpg with bad pvp. they got them both horribly wrong trying to find a balance in the middle. this game has no identity, no soul, and I'm already done with it. Maybe I'll come back in 6 months when they finish developing and testing the game. Expand
  90. Nov 17, 2018
    Come on guys, this is beyond a joke. It's multiplayer game that wants you to play with others and yet there is no incentive what so ever to do so. Forget the ps2 graphics, bugs, 0 NPCs, terrible gun play etc etc etc. This game literally fails at its core. What's funny is the audacity to actually implement micro transactions. Literally taking the consumer for huge joke.
  91. Nov 20, 2018
    The negative reviews are very much deserved for this game. it's on an engine that is over a decade old and was made for single player games. Many of the bugs in this game have existed for years in the past bugthesdas games and now people are telling me they are finally going to fix them, I find that hard to believe. Bugthesda should have made an entirely new engine for a game like this butThe negative reviews are very much deserved for this game. it's on an engine that is over a decade old and was made for single player games. Many of the bugs in this game have existed for years in the past bugthesdas games and now people are telling me they are finally going to fix them, I find that hard to believe. Bugthesda should have made an entirely new engine for a game like this but no, gotta spend the least amount of money possible. Another point to back this up: a majority of the assets in the game are from fallout 4 and 76s files are even compatible with fallout 4, don't know about you guys but that's seems extremely lazy to me.The file structure is also the same, that is why some people were able to make mods so easily. Again, seems very lazy to me. Expand
  92. Nov 16, 2018
    Чудовищное количество багов, никакая стрельба, убогое перемещение, яркий кислотно-красочный мир, никакого ощущения апокалипсиса, войны и т.д. Монстры - огромный украденный из Лефт 4 дед монстр (Танк), дракон-летучая мышь (как она могла появиться за 25 лет? Бактерии с такой скоростью не смогут мутировать настолько сильно), гули, которые как бы не гули, но это гули. Супермутантов масса, хотяЧудовищное количество багов, никакая стрельба, убогое перемещение, яркий кислотно-красочный мир, никакого ощущения апокалипсиса, войны и т.д. Монстры - огромный украденный из Лефт 4 дед монстр (Танк), дракон-летучая мышь (как она могла появиться за 25 лет? Бактерии с такой скоростью не смогут мутировать настолько сильно), гули, которые как бы не гули, но это гули. Супермутантов масса, хотя их быть вообще не может в это время. Сюжета нет. Не хорошего сюжета нет, а просто нет, никакого. Но главная проблема не в том, что это не рпг, а онлайн дрочильня, которая плюет на логику, историю мира, описанную в прошлых и грах и т.д. Проблема в том, что здесь убогие основные механики - передвижение, стрельба. Визуальный стиль убогий. Зачем играть? Не знаю. С друзьями можно поиграть в хорошую интересную игру, а не тратить время вот на это. В общем, эта игра - как ребенок Масс эффект андромеды, Но мен скай и Sea of thieves. Не советую никому, потому что какие бы вам игры ни нравились, чего бы вы ни ожидали от игр - эта игра плоха для всех. Expand
  93. Nov 20, 2018
    ONGOING

A lot of funny pro and neg reviews here. Let's try to get away from the imagined and or real Bethesda hate and let's take a look why this game is...well, i am sorry to say that because i was really looking forward to this one: **** - As survival game this game is a bad joke. Every survival game out there is better and deeper. - As Fallout it failed because, no matter how
    ONGOING

A lot of funny pro and neg reviews here.

- As Fallout it failed because, no matter how often the always same people repeat it, it is just no Fallout.
    - The enviromental story telling works for 30 minutes. At some point the "go find him/her! Oh he/she is dead" quests get old....which is....right after the first one to be honest.
    - exploring get's boring too pretty fast because there is nothing to explore. All those empty locations and all you get is another holo tape or note.
    - bugs. lots of them.
    - bad mechanics that doesn't fit togehter. Want to build with a friend? oh sorry your building areas are overlapping. get off my lawn.
    - no push to talk or text chat. I mean really? that's 2018 and not 1818.
    - PvP....just....lol.

FO76 trys to cater to a couple of different genres. Survival, RPG and (kind of) Battle royal.
    The issue is...it is sub sub sub par in all of them. Adding different puddles doesn't make a good game.

That said, fo76 has a lot of potential. If Bethesda will pick um on this only time will tell. If yes, i will come back and re-rate the game.

EDIT1:

So, today is the first patch after release. Let's see if the performance improvments will help me to be able to play again.

EDIT2:
    Yeah....well: the patch was more a 15GB hotfix. I admit the game became more stable, but there are still hiccups and lagging as soon as there are more than 2 people around or too much buildings standing in the way. Something that shouldn't happen on a high end rig with fibre internet.

I was able to play 45 minutes before i got bored. The enviormental storytelling just doesn't cath me.
    The pseudo-persistence starts to annoy me as well. 3rd time i built a base. 3rd time, while i was offline, another player built on or close to my spot. 3rd time i found my base in my backpack. That' s just annoying. Why is this a thing at all? Other "survival" games can handle full persistence aswell.

It's unlikely that i will play again before a major patch hits FO76. There are other games out there waiting to be played that do not test my patience in the way FO76 does. Non the less, the game is (kinf of) working now. So i will change my vote from 0 to 1.
  94. Nov 15, 2018
    I've played and loved every Fallout game ever including the unfinished Van Buren. But not this one...
    Here is my take on FO76,
    Multiplayer, what multiplayer? Haven't seen a single person in hours. Story, what there is of one, feels tired and massively incomplete. Getting tired of going from a terminal to a diary to a random note. Give me someone that talks!!! Oh look a robot... that's
    Here is my take on FO76,
    Multiplayer, what multiplayer? Haven't seen a single person in hours.
    Story, what there is of one, feels tired and massively incomplete. Getting tired of going from a terminal to a diary to a random note. Give me someone that talks!!! Oh look a robot... that's was nice... can we have them more often? At least i can pretend it's another player.
    Killed a bat thing and its body slid away from me. and kept going and going and going... Wait a minute, I had this same bug in FO4. They still haven't fixed the bugs from FO4...
    No VATS is a game killer for me. It's iconic of the Fallout games. Not having it makes the game seem like a COD, No Man's Sky crossover.
    I am sick and tired of base building. At least in FO4 you had a purpose behind your bases. This seems to be nothing more than a place to stash things you hope won't get stolen. Not too worried though since I haven't seen anyone in hours.
    They are charging $60 for a "multiplayer" FO4 expansion pack... and forgot to add players...
  95. Nov 18, 2018
    FO76 is a rush to release cashgrab in order to capitalize on the popular survival format.

Bethesda, a multi-billion dollar company, is treating FO76 development like some sort of indie-game and plans to release it to market incomplete and full of bugs. The community that they have relied on to repair all of there games in the past, won't be able to release mods for at least another year.

The gameplay itself plays nothing like Fallout, they are just trying to use a familiar IP to appeal to their Fanbase -a fanbase that wants an offline single-player open world game. Worse yet, they are using an engine that was never built for online-play and it has has some easily exploitable netcode.

Do yourself a favor and avoid this messy garbage cash grab.
  96. Nov 22, 2018
    Bethesda selling this game for 60$ like its a AAA game only comes across as a cash grab to me. I didn't like the way the did the chat wheel in Fallout 4, I must say they did get rid of it and replaced it with nothing at all, then continued that idea till they had fallout 76 "completed". this would have been a fine DLC for Fallout 4, not a stand-alone that looks like a copy past of 4.
  97. Nov 14, 2018
    If there ever was a game deserving of the score 0 then it would be this one. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about this game, at this point I'm scourging my mind for anything that would be even remotely good about it and the only thing I can think of would be the enjoyment you get from playing with friends but this goes more to the credit of said friends and interaction with othersIf there ever was a game deserving of the score 0 then it would be this one. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about this game, at this point I'm scourging my mind for anything that would be even remotely good about it and the only thing I can think of would be the enjoyment you get from playing with friends but this goes more to the credit of said friends and interaction with others online than having anything to do with the game itself.

It uses the same engine as the previous game Fallout 4 which was quite dated at it's time of release dating all the way back to Morrowind and having received the last major update during Skyrim in 2011. To make matters worse it is largely using the same assets from Fallout 4 too that includes guns, armor, textures, objects and much much more. Making it overall feel like some sort of DLC for Fallout 4. But it isn't, it is a full fledged "AAA release" at a price of $59.99 or your regional equivalent. Making it pretty much unacceptable to be in such state.

By that I mean the sheer amount of bugs we saw during very late "beta" which in truth is a lot closer to a demo of the final release as I was able to see. Some off these bugs are classical glitches that occur with use of such outdated engines, but others are a lot more serious like security flaws which allow client side access to sensitive data like IP addresses of other people, and game manipulation trough unencrypted commands sent to the server. This is worsened by the fact that the game lacks any sort of anti-cheat.

Another, rather ironic bug, was the game deleting itself randomly requiring you to re-download more than 50 GB of data, only to find out that it's also impossible to manually uninstall the game without purchasing it after the beta ran out.

The final product doesn't look any better though featuring outdated graphics, horrible performance on PC and especially on console. And severe lack of content, meaning no NPC quest givers, or any NPCs whatsoever, with most of the quests being fueled by holo-tapes and being rather simplistic fetch quests. Downgraded character development, even more downgraded than in Fallout 4, with most of the
    "leveling" happening trough opening "perk packs" which give you a set of randomized perks, possibly a gateway for micro-transactions or even Pay2Win mechanics in the future. Mostly the same "building mechanics" we saw in Fallout 4, with the same inherent flaws that could only be fixed by mods, mostly clipping, and objects having no sense of gravity. And very dull, repetitive enemies, which re-spawn quickly, sometimes even right after being killed.

The PVP experience is also very lackluster, having some "fair play" system in place that makes players take significantly less damage until they shoot back, making it pointless to even engage in PVP as everyone can out-heal the damage done to them. Or should they decide to fight back they can do so with a big warning and call to prepare, which makes anything outside co-op a non option.

Definitely not recommended
  98. Nov 14, 2018
    -Every new bethesda game looks last gen !
    - Ugly graphics for 2018 / 2019 game.
    - UI/UX awful, all items are lists of strings
    - Not enough settings: FOV, V-Sync
    - Fake PvP, it's really just PvE
    - 100500 bugs
  99. Nov 15, 2018
    I dont know where to begin.Its like game from 2009 .Horrible engine,outdated graphics,clunky animations,no human NPCs, boring,full of bugs. Only good thing is music/sound. Complete garbage!
  100. Nov 14, 2018
    -12 / -12
    Перевратый лор игры, устаревший движок, бесчисленные баги и наплевательское отношение разработчиков можно разглядеть в fallout 76.

1. Mar 5, 2019
    Fallout 76 represents a big disappointment and the lowest point of the series so far. Riddled with bugs, repetitive and dull gameplay, nonexistent story and outdated graphics, it fails as a both multiplayer and singleplayer experience for fans and newcomers alike.
  2. CD-Action
    Feb 6, 2019
    Miracles do happen once in a while and No Man’s Sky proved that sometimes it is possible to get back on your feet even after a terrible failure. Right now though Fallout 76 is botched spectacularly on so many levels that even talking about this game is a waste of time. [01/2019, p.46]
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 10, 2019
    An unfinished game with bifurcated identity and in an almost dysfunctional state. It's hard to build on a bad base, that will never change. Like the war. [Issue#292]