5.7

Graphics: 5
    Replay Value: 3
    Would Recommend: No
  2. Feb 19, 2019
    Из положительного в игре только фирменные анимации Fallout.
    В остальном игра донатная дрочильня,с однообразным геймплеем,даже путешествия по пустоши запороли(Зачем?(
  3. Oct 25, 2017
    This isn't a review... it's a warning. I play this game on steam, but I have read extensively that this happens on other formats as well. I bought 5 Mr. Handies and 5 Lunchboxes (in-game items bought with real cash). The redeem buttons for both showed up in game. When I redeemed the Mr. Handies everything worked fine. When I hit the redeem button for the lunch boxes the button disappearedThis isn't a review... it's a warning. I play this game on steam, but I have read extensively that this happens on other formats as well. I bought 5 Mr. Handies and 5 Lunchboxes (in-game items bought with real cash). The redeem buttons for both showed up in game. When I redeemed the Mr. Handies everything worked fine. When I hit the redeem button for the lunch boxes the button disappeared but I did not get my lunch boxes. I complained to Steam, they pointed me to Bethesda. I complained to Bethesda but they pointed me back to steam. Since the redeem option appeared in the game and then disappeared I honestly believe the blame is squarely on Bethesda. The will not make it right and reading on their forums it is obvious it has happened repeatedly and not just on Steam. Other formats have been affected.

Otherwise, this is a great game. The missions keep it interesting and keeping your dwellers alive when things attack is challenging. Just be very wary spending any actual money.
  4. Apr 6, 2017
    Fallout Shelter is a waiting game/simulation game based on the Fallout verse. You are the overseer of a vault, and it is your job to build up your vault and its population, looking after them and protecting them from the dangers of the world around them.

This seems really neat. And honestly, it is a really cool idea, and it is fun for a while. But eventually you realize that the game is an enormous addiction engine, and underneath that addiction, there’s actually not all that much game.

The game seemingly centers itself around your vault – you can build various rooms for various purposes, but the big three are power stations (which provide your rooms with power), water stations (which provide water for everyone), and food stations (which provide food for everyone). You assign vault residents to these rooms in order to produce resources, which are consumed over time. When you log out of the game, these continue to accrue somewhat, though there’s a limit on how much you can accure. You can also rush production in these rooms to gain the benefit immediately, but at the risk of an “incident” occurring.

You start out the game with 8-12 people who wander up to your vault, and you can produce more people via three main methods – sending people out to wander the wasteland looking for survivors, building radio stations in your vault to call out to people outside… or, your residents can make babies with each other. If you send a man and a woman to quarters, after a while the woman will end up pregnant; four hours later, she pops out a baby, and four hours after that, the baby becomes an adult. The game doesn’t allow inbreeding, so you have to figure out how to manage your family lines a little, though honestly it wasn’t much of an issue.

Each vault dweller has a set of seven stats – the same SPECIAL stats from Fallout – Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, and Luck. Sadly, the game doesn’t really explain what these stats do at all; while it is obvious that they are tied to the function of rooms (making them produce faster), beyond that it is pretty mysterious what they do, doubly so as most of your vault residents will have low stats. As it turns out, they do have some influence on combat and other things.

While I said that the game seemingly revolves around your vault, what it actually revolves around after a while is quests – you can send someone out on a quest into the wasteland, and after waiting X amount of time, they’ll go encounter some place. You move them from room to room, with them auto-attacking anything inside, and them auto-attacking back – it isn’t very interactive, though you can use stim packs to boost your health (something you can produce in your vault, and which I quickly maxed out on – turns out, they’re really useful to be able to spam endlessly). As you explore these places, you find stuff lying around you can bring back to your base.

You can also just send someone out to wander around the wasteland aimlessly, hoping to find stuff; this is kind of marginal, but it gradually does accumulate stuff (especially if you have high luck).

The problem, ultimately, is that the game’s interaction ends up almost entirely becoming busywork. While building up your vault is sort of interesting, after a while it becomes obvious that there’s a fairly simple optimal strategy to it, and after that point, it sort of becomes rote. While rushing stuff in the early game is an easy way to quickly build up xp, later on you start encountering worse disasters from it which discourages it a bit – which is probably a good thing, because it ultimately becomes a lot of busywork. But the problem is that most of the game consists on clicking on rooms to gather resources from them and otherwise engaging in a lot of micromanagement as you move around people to make babies or set up equipment on them or whatever else.

Once you realize that the cute veneer is just a layer over a pretty Pavlovian addiction engine, it frankly loses its charm. I really liked the idea of this game, but ultimately it is the mechanics of it which killed it for me.

Which is interesting, because a lot of people complained about microtransactions, but I never saw much value in them. Seems like it would sort of defeat the point of the game.

All in all, this is pretty, but ephemeral; you might enjoy messing around with it for a bit, but after you’ve done a few quests, there’s really nothing more to see here.
  5. Apr 3, 2017
    Un juego de gestión, estilo "tycoon" ambientado en la saga Fallout donde deberemos llevar a buen puerto nuestro propio refugio.

Es divertido, entretenido pero poco más, la llegada a PC no es más que un port de lo ya visto en móvil, sin retocar absolutamente nada para amoldarse a un publico distinto. Tiempos excesivamente largos, limitado en acciones, ningún añadido para aumentar la profundidad de juego... una buena idea estropeada por no adaptarse correctamente.
  6. Mar 30, 2017
    el juego con unos requisitos tan mínimos (hasta un portátil actual los tiene) no es capaz de correr en el, sumado a que deberia ser asi, ya que con anterioridad fue un juego para celulares
  7. Apr 2, 2017
    Nice Graphics, but only a Free to Play Game which developed for Pay 2 Win. There are many other Games in this Genre where you pay one time and can play it free forever. I not can recommend this Game because here is used a strong Title for a crap Game.
  8. May 11, 2020
    Dull and outrageous mobile ripoff which took every bad feature from average mobile gaming project.

Undisable'able tutorial? Check! Pay to win? Check! Paid content disappears upon savegame removal? Check! (i. e. lost your save file - buy everything again, for cash!) Repetitive gameplay? Check! Artifical resource constraint which prevents conserving resources? Check!

Undisable'able tutorial? Check!

Pay to win? Check!

Paid content disappears upon savegame removal? Check!
    (i. e. lost your save file - buy everything again, for cash!)

Repetitive gameplay? Check!

Artifical resource constraint which prevents conserving resources? Check!

Unremarkable graphics? Check!

Annoying sound? Check!

Biased RNG? Check!

Non-canon spin-off? Check!

Kids! Stay away from this game!
  9. Sep 27, 2020
    This is just another run of the mill mobile to PC port. Where you run a vault, where survivors slowly trickle in to run your vault and make it thrive… the only big problem is that the gameplay keeps you just above the failure and disaster level of your vault going to pieces (i.e. water turning off or your power running out, or your survivors getting irradiated)... but of course you can buyThis is just another run of the mill mobile to PC port. Where you run a vault, where survivors slowly trickle in to run your vault and make it thrive… the only big problem is that the gameplay keeps you just above the failure and disaster level of your vault going to pieces (i.e. water turning off or your power running out, or your survivors getting irradiated)... but of course you can buy all the micro transactions you could ever dream of from the lunchboxes... and bottle caps (Really again) to keep your vault running and to buy rooms and equipment/weapons. Though most likely you will just end up grinding your way through like most people without $60 to blow on a free to pay mobile game. It’s a good time waster at best so I would suggest getting it on a mobile device if you’re going to play this game at all so you can play once and a while, because it is not built for long playthroughs at a time. Expand
  10. Jun 16, 2020
    I hate how they ignore everything from Fallout 1, 2, and New Vegas.And no, a outfit from a FNV dlc doesn't count as not ignoring. If you gonna say that why is almost every companion from Fallout 3 and 4 in it, but none from Fallout 1, 2, or New Vegas?? No John Cassidy, his daughter, Goris, Marcus, Harold (ya not a companion same point), Ian, Tycho, i forget her name, Sulik, all of FNVI hate how they ignore everything from Fallout 1, 2, and New Vegas.And no, a outfit from a FNV dlc doesn't count as not ignoring. If you gonna say that why is almost every companion from Fallout 3 and 4 in it, but none from Fallout 1, 2, or New Vegas?? No John Cassidy, his daughter, Goris, Marcus, Harold (ya not a companion same point), Ian, Tycho, i forget her name, Sulik, all of FNV companions, blah blah blah. Don't say it makes sense cause its on the East Coast and having West Coast characters wont make sense cause reasons, ya well its a mobile game, it doesnt need to have logical or storytelling coherency. It just needs to throw fallout in ur face. Instead it throws microtransactions in your face. Expand

Mixed or average reviews - based on 4 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Oct 14, 2016
    Simply put, Bethesda showed us how not to port mobile games to big platforms. Fallout Shelter formula just does not fit PC gaming. [10/2016, p.53]
  2. Aug 17, 2016
    Fallout Shelter on the PC is a lightweight strategy game that takes its time to gain momentum but generates reasonable amounts of fun. On one hand it has some issues, on the other the "just one more click!" syndrome is present and finally the game looks the way it should have from the beginning. Fallout Shelter needs some polishing and isn't perfectly suited for this platform but it definitely deserves your attention.
  3. Aug 12, 2016
    A nice little build-a-vault-game, great for spending a little time. But it lacks the depth to be motivating in the long term.