6.8

1. Nov 20, 2014
    If you are looking for a solid open world game with a lot of stuff to do: GOOD!
    If you played FarCry3: NOT SO GOOD!
    There are some good and bad things about this game. To stay positive, since they game is enjoyable for me, first the good. The scenery looks amazing. Tried playing on high and low and preferred low for the FPS, but on all settings, the game looks great for the settings.
    If you are looking for a solid open world game with a lot of stuff to do: GOOD!
    If you played FarCry3: NOT SO GOOD!

The scenery looks amazing. Tried playing on high and low and preferred low for the FPS, but on all settings, the game looks great for the settings. The big snowy mountains in the background are never dull and really add to the scenery. Character models are nice, faces of important characters are very well made and the terrain overall looks pretty fine, especially when you know that the requirements of the game are not that high. Combat and movement are fluent, the small helicopter is extremely fun to roam the skies and shoot nades from your Grenade Launcher and the game overall feel very solid. Not too suprising if you know that this is the exact same engine as FC3. Which immidiately brings me to the bad stuff:

If you played FC3, you will almost think FC4 is a DLC of FC3. They might have called it FarCry 3.5 since almost all weapons made a return, a lot of vehicles made a return, ALL signature weapons made a return. Hell, the entire concept made a return. There is little innovation and new stuff in FC4. Although that is not a very bad thing, since it all worked in FC3, it shows some kind of lazyness not to change, or at least add, some stuff. A lot of new guns would be nice, different vehicles would be awesome and new types of enemies and missions cannot hurt. But you face the exact same type of enemies. Even the "heavies" are the same. There is also something kind of off about the combat.

The PC version has a lot of port-issues, such as a ring for weapons (that is console stuff, PC has numbers) which is not a huge issue, but there appears to be very subtle, yet annoying mouse-acceleration, eventhough every accelleration was turned off. This makes (precise) aiming very annoying.

FC4 also suffers from frame-drops when you move fast. Every 10 seconds your frames will half when you are racing. Not a huge problem, but annoying as well.
  2. Nov 19, 2014
    The gameplay? It's fun, sure. It is undeniably satisfying to rain grenades upon a convoy from a gyrocopter. This is a beautiful, fun distraction, but I find myself aching for the emotions that Farcry 3 was able to illicit. I hated Vaas for killing my brother; I hated Hoyt for making me torture Riley. I almost hated myself for sacrificing my humanity to save my friends and family.

My

My point is this: Farcry 3 made you FEEL like Jason Brody. You were Jason Brody when he was panicking, tears in his eyes, running from the fresh corpse of his brother Grant. You felt his fear, and you watched through his eyes as he changed. How the hell does Ajay Ghale have no problem just... shooting people? Where did he learn all of his skills? It just makes no sense, there is no characterization, and it feels like you're just playing some random mercenary. I wish I could give this game a 10, but it doesn't have a moral or a soul like Farcry 3 did...
  3. Nov 18, 2014
    Looks great, performs great. It's basically FarCry 3.5 though.
    And if only the mouse aiming wasn't so damn awful, i'd give it a notch or 2 higher.
    There is some horrible negative mouse acceleration going on, even with it off.
  4. Nov 18, 2014
    Far Cry 4 is straight up an absolutely amazing game. It improves on everything we thought made Far Cry 3 such a success. Its no revolution but the sheer amount of pure fun and enjoyability you gain from it is incredible and is an extremely solid entry in a franchise with high standards. The graphics here are definitely a step up from its predecessor. The heavily improved fur as well asFar Cry 4 is straight up an absolutely amazing game. It improves on everything we thought made Far Cry 3 such a success. Its no revolution but the sheer amount of pure fun and enjoyability you gain from it is incredible and is an extremely solid entry in a franchise with high standards. The graphics here are definitely a step up from its predecessor. The heavily improved fur as well as the godrays make the game look as stunning as ever. The weapons remain solid as before but with more variety and realism added to them (most, anyway). A couple things that would make this the perfect Far Cry game would be a lot more customization options - not only for the weapons but also your attire. The land vehicles seem the same as before. They don't feel unique enough but the air vehicle (the Buzzer) makes what would have been long and boring journeys an exciting zip across the luscious landscape of Kyrat. The story was decent but what I thought was well done was the character development as well as the choices you are able to make between them. Overall, these features make Far Cry 4 a solid entry in the series and highly enjoyable. (The references to other games don't hurt) If you even remotely like Far Cry 3, this would be an obvious purchase. Expand
  5. Nov 19, 2014
    Utterly generic, mediocre, average, cynically produced game. It is essentially a remake of Far Cry 3, with identical mission progression and extremely similar sounding voices. A few gameplay fixes have been made here and there such as making co-op a drop in affair rather than having its own campaign, or making the vehicle repair tool contextual rather than filling a weapon slot. TheUtterly generic, mediocre, average, cynically produced game. It is essentially a remake of Far Cry 3, with identical mission progression and extremely similar sounding voices. A few gameplay fixes have been made here and there such as making co-op a drop in affair rather than having its own campaign, or making the vehicle repair tool contextual rather than filling a weapon slot. The villain now calls you on your cell phone repeatedly throughout the game, a la Handsome Jack, a storytelling element that I find annoying. The only other thing that really distinguishes it from Far Cry 3 is that the gameplay is awfully buggy. I preordered the game and have experienced maybe 30 or more distinct bugs within 12 hours of playing. A very cynical and run of the mill release through and through; if they could have released this last year, one year after FC3, they would have. Prepare to not be surprised on a game level or on how Ubisoft inevitably will react to any criticism from PC (i.e. more experienced) consumers. Expand
  6. Nov 23, 2014
    In one hour, I had 3 crashes and the game is unplayable due to screen stuttering. I wasted an hour trying the recommended fixes none of which worked.

There also seems to be huge dead spots in the controls and a weird non uniform accelerating feel when turning.

When you put out a game less stable than Battlefield 4, you should probably consider your career choices.
  7. Nov 18, 2014
    I'm 2 hours into the game and i can say, its exactly what i expected. A tuned FC3 with better graphics, the same gameplay, a great, psychotic villain, lots of weapons and a huge world to explore.

After the day one patch, the game is perfectly playable now and runs on my 4 year old computer on high settings at 30-40 fps. (i5 - 2800 / 8Gb ram / HD 6800) No, its nothing new, its nothing

No, its nothing new, its nothing groundbreaking, it wont revolutionize the gaming industry - but it will keep you entertained for a long time and its well worth the money.
  8. Nov 19, 2014
    A very underwhelming coop expansion for far cry 3. Everything in here could have easily been a dlc/expansion for FC3. This is all just a reskin of the same game, and it would have been okay if the coop was complete, and not limited to side quests only. (That's right, you cant do campaign missions coop)
  9. Nov 19, 2014
    Yet another unoptimized mess from Ubisoft, a copy paste from Far Cry 3 with awful FOV (as all moden shooters apparently), devs think we're retards who need to have 65° FOV or else we wouldn't see enemies. Mouse aiming is atrocious, and game is filled with bugs and crashes. I remember when devs finished the actual games they put out
  10. Nov 19, 2014
    another unpotimised horrendous technical mess.. if ubisoft and nvidia think i'm gonna buy a new nvidia gpu just so i can make this game playable they are dead wrong.
  11. Nov 18, 2014
    The game already gets downvoted. Most likely from people who don't own the game, as usual.

The game is actually really good. It performs really well, and it is a lot of fun. If you enjoyed Far Cry 3, you will like this one aswell. And well, unlike AC Unity this one actually works. ;)
  12. Nov 19, 2014
    Game wont work at all, Black screen tryed unplugging G13 and xbox controller but still no joy, i mean bugs and crashes are one thing but not even working in the first place totally unacceptable. I'm sure the actual game if/when i can play it is good as far cry 2/3 was but without being able to play it its only worthy of 0. This reminds me of the story glitch on far cry 2 that never gotGame wont work at all, Black screen tryed unplugging G13 and xbox controller but still no joy, i mean bugs and crashes are one thing but not even working in the first place totally unacceptable. I'm sure the actual game if/when i can play it is good as far cry 2/3 was but without being able to play it its only worthy of 0. This reminds me of the story glitch on far cry 2 that never got sorted where you couldn't speak to the people to progress the mission. Expand
  13. Nov 29, 2014
    My original score/review for this game was a big, fat ZERO. Now? It's a solid TEN. Why the change? Because Ubisoft made the critical mistake of releasing a game without adequate QA testing on very common, standard PC setups and peripherals. I was unable to play for more than a week. However, now that the game has been successfully patched to run correctly with a Logitech G13 controller, IMy original score/review for this game was a big, fat ZERO. Now? It's a solid TEN. Why the change? Because Ubisoft made the critical mistake of releasing a game without adequate QA testing on very common, standard PC setups and peripherals. I was unable to play for more than a week. However, now that the game has been successfully patched to run correctly with a Logitech G13 controller, I must say two things:

1) It's WAY more rich and interesting than Far Cry 3. The people claiming that "it's just a reskinned FC3 with nothing new or different" are IMO totally nuts. Ubisoft has added a LOT of new mechanics and fine tuned some things that were "meh" about FC3. The "autopilot" on ground vehicles is a GREAT and welcome enhancement over getting around. Set your waypoint, get the vehicle moving on the road with a waypoint path, then go autopilot. You can set the speed, look at the scenery, fight, etc. Glider suits are AWESOME: leap off any cliff or hill and glide as much as you like with this always-ready transportation. Grapple points, climbing, swinging, re-grappling at the end of swings, etc. is all so very much fun. The ultralight copters let you fly directly from point A to point B and are reusable as long as you don't damage them. Plenty of transport options every where, all the time, including the awesome Elephant riding. Taking forts is tougher and more interesting. The AI of all the standard enemy types is noticeably better than in FC3. And finally: Hunters. OMG, the new Hunter enemy types are just hella fun to fight and play cat and mouse with.

2) The storyline is solid. It's different than FC3. The actors/characters are IMO more engaging than in FC3. The voice acting is great. Pagan Min is a great villain who keeps you guessing and seemingly has shades of gray rather than being a cartoon cutout villain. The two opposing leaders of the Golden Path are both sympathetic, interesting, and believable. There are way more decision points (interesting, not easy decision points), and way more types of quests and "completionist" objectives, with useful rewards.
  14. Dec 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I bought the game I expected a great story line like Far Cry 3 with a very relate-able character who doesn't know completely what he is doing but knows what he has to do. But what I got is a fast passed regular FPS the main antagonist gave the character nor me any reason to go after him and the character never shows any reaction to the killings he does. Also the voice of skinning is the same as Far Cry 3 and none of the story line missions fully move anywhere until you get to Act 2.
    But there are curve balls and a lot of interesting things along with it such as terrain being a weapon, new enemy type to fight and being able to bring in wild animals from the woods to fight for you that made me not want to give this a bad review but it isn't enough for a good one either.
  15. Jun 17, 2015
    Welcome to Kryat, a place where every 5 minutes you'll be attacked by an eagle, and either some wildlife having a bad day will spawn near you, or bunch of goons will materialise near you, with the most amazing bright red camouflage. Ultimately you have to confront a white-haired Asian-esque dude with a baddy Brit accent, with a pink suit, who will babble to you at the end about the meaningWelcome to Kryat, a place where every 5 minutes you'll be attacked by an eagle, and either some wildlife having a bad day will spawn near you, or bunch of goons will materialise near you, with the most amazing bright red camouflage. Ultimately you have to confront a white-haired Asian-esque dude with a baddy Brit accent, with a pink suit, who will babble to you at the end about the meaning of making certain choices, but basically you don't care because you've already murdered so much wildlife and goons, you know you'll be heading where the sun doesn't shine when it's all over. Basically, I loved the addition of Fortresses, and the endless repetitive/samey side-missions were still addictive. But, what on earth is going on with the texture pop-ins, even on a Titan X! Music, fantastic, and seriously great animals. I reckon for the next one it should be Vietnam, but with a twist that deep in some Viet Cong jungle there is a dinosaur cave that accidentally gets discovered :) Expand
  16. Jun 14, 2015
    Very good game. Big open world, I don't remember such big sandbox since first Crysis. But to be honest its the only thing that makes this game good. If only this world were smaller I wouldnt reccomend this game. Oh, and graphics. Yes, and graphics which is amazing. To summarize: if you like sandbox shooters you might enjoy it. If you need plot, general idea, some real villain, quests, youVery good game. Big open world, I don't remember such big sandbox since first Crysis. But to be honest its the only thing that makes this game good. If only this world were smaller I wouldnt reccomend this game. Oh, and graphics. Yes, and graphics which is amazing. To summarize: if you like sandbox shooters you might enjoy it. If you need plot, general idea, some real villain, quests, you wont find it here - try Bioshock Infinite instead. Expand
  17. Jun 20, 2015
    It has no significant difference with FarCry3. But cmon, it's FarCry. Breathtaking graphic with "FarCry" things and symbolic story about how people's desire really are. i had such a quality time playing this game.
  18. Mar 7, 2015
    Excelent game.The story is interesting but not memorable.Pagan MIn is a GREAT character but should be used more.MIssions are interesting, combat is fluid and fun.Game is very stable.NO crashes in 27 hours of gameplay.The voice acting is very good but Ajay is a bit of a bland character.Anyway its a 8/10
  19. Mar 23, 2015
    Мне нравятся игры серии FarCry. Пусть у каждого своя любимая часть. Мне до выхода данной игры нравилась более всего 3 часть. Единственный недостаток которой я видел лишь в битве с боссами в галлюцинационном мире. Это раздражало немного. В данной - четвёртой части, это отчасти тоже сохранилось. Но благо лишь в одном моменте принудительно. Остальные же путешествия в мир галлюцинацийМне нравятся игры серии FarCry. Пусть у каждого своя любимая часть. Мне до выхода данной игры нравилась более всего 3 часть. Единственный недостаток которой я видел лишь в битве с боссами в галлюцинационном мире. Это раздражало немного. В данной - четвёртой части, это отчасти тоже сохранилось. Но благо лишь в одном моменте принудительно. Остальные же путешествия в мир галлюцинаций осуществляются по желанию игрока.

Теперь ближе к делу. Карта стала больше. И заняться на ней больше чем стало - это разнообразные события (кармы), миссии компании, дополнительные миссии.
    Как всегда, экстравагантный главный злодей. Правда один он такой здесь. Остальные так себе. Но зато его с лихвой хватает.
    В целом, геймплей не изменился. Добавились некоторые нововведения. Кое-что упростили. Что только пошло на пользу. Ведь теперь не приходиться тратить доп.время или выделенную ячейку оружия на что-то стороннее.

Сюжет как и в 3 части хороший. Но на мой взгляд, все-таки слабее. Введение моральных выборов ему добавило остроты. Игра стала интереснее в каком-то плане. Но вот мотивация ГГ не раскрыта так ярко, как в 3 части. Я бы даже сказал, она вообще не совсем понятна.
    Это то обстоятельство, которое сделало сюжет в данной части слабее третьей. В 3 части герой сначала спасал своих друзей, свою любимую. А потом, проникся чувствами и к предводительнице повстанцев. И здесь были понятны его мотивы. В четвёртой части этого нет. Ведь, по сути, по сюжету главный герой не борется за идею, он не одержим ей. Он приехал для другого. Он не проникся идеей сопротивления. Он даже толком и не понял, что происходит, пытался разобраться. Поэтому, с одной стороны сюжет стал интереснее из-за введения моральных выборов, из-за борьбы, из-за интриг, которые разворачиваются. А с другой, главный герой как бы стоит отдельно от этого. И не понятно что его мотивирует. Отсюда, не понятно его такое ярое стремление помогать именно повстанцам.
    В 3 части личные мотивы ГГ способствовали его вхождению и принятию стороны повстанцев. Они помогали ему, он им. А здесь не совсем понятно, почему он выбрал сторону именно повстанцев. Пейган Мин не показался таким отвратительным. И мне лично он импонировал больше в некоторых моментах, чем предводители повстанцев. Да и оказать помощь в исполнении миссии главного героя он также мог.
    В итоге, Аджай легко мог стать на сторону Пейгана. И на мой взгляд, необходимо было добавить именно данный выбор в начале игры.
    Введение романтической линии, могло бы разрешить проблему мотивации главного героя. Проникся Аджай чувствами к кому-то из повстанцев-женщин (Амите, например, или другой героине, которую можно было бы ввести, например, еще в автобусе, где её вместе с ним забирают и судьба ей становиться не известной, и он пытается разобраться в этом, спасти её и т.п.). Но не сложилось.

Звуковое сопровождение в данной части мне понравилось больше. Оно более в тему, что ли, к определённому моменту. Игра стала более эмоционально насыщенной, включая и вследствие этого.

Подводим итог. Геймплей, музыка на высоте. Они заслуживают 10 баллов. А вот сюжет, пусть и с моральными выборами стал, но подкачал. Отдельно за сюжет поставил только 7. И именно за моральные выборы. Не будь их, оценка была бы не выше 5.
    В итоге общая оценка 9.
  20. May 18, 2017
    Amazing game they took FarCry3 to its full potential and made FarCry4. The shooting is more solid and the world is more beautiful and the graphics much better. The story could have been even better but its fine the way it is too. All in all its a very solid game with almost no flaws what so ever. There is so much to unlock and do in the world and so many weapons its crazy awesome.
  21. Jun 26, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Many complain that Far Cry 4 is just a Far Cry 3 reskin, but it's because it worked before, and it works now. The scenery is beautiful, the crafting is fun, the additional objectives are great. The main storyline is good. I think it is better than Far Cry 3. And oh, it may be debatable, but Pagan Min is far better than Vaas. I actually wanted to work with Pagan. Not a perfect game, but very enjoyable for me. Expand
  22. Feb 13, 2015
    I think this game is absolutely amazing! Open world with lot of wildlife and the scent of Himalayas are awesome! I would strongly recommend this game to everyone who loves the Far Cry series.
  23. Nov 27, 2014
    The game is OK so far, the graphics leave some things to be desired, there are some branch points in the story and the game doesn't allow you to save before the branch, there are some glitches, it crashed twice and I fell through the map once so far, will be good game if those are fixed
  24. Nov 21, 2014
    Played a couple of hours and its OK, I guess.. Feels like something is missing tho. Lots of cut n paste set pieces from Far Cry 3 - limited originality, in fact, it could easy be an expansion for FC3. Graphics are OK but I have seen much better (Metro series)
    I've just no desire to play it - its not fresh and new, feels like I've done it all before. 6/10
  25. Dec 26, 2014
    I got this game fulling intending it to blow Farcry 3 out of the water after the poor 2nd half of it. But I was wrong, Oh boy was I wrong. Where do I begin, oh yah the beginning the only part I got to because I couldn't handle the rest.

Lets start with the intro, I couldn't skip the animations for the creators (Ubisoft and others). Now, I usually don't mind this if it takes 10-15 seconds but almost a full minute of stupid animations that NOONE in their right minds wants to watch. So After sitting there for a minute spamming every key on my keyboard I got the main minute. This is where the fun really starts.

I go into the options right away because the audio is blasting(Which is normal for all games) and turn down the master audio and the music audio. The music audio at first I only turn it down to about 5% and it still didn't go down at all so I muted it. IT STILL PLAYED MUSIC! How is this acceptable. I turn off the music and it is still going as loud as it could possibly go. Great, perfect start.

I go to hit the apply button on the bottom left hand side of the screen and oh look I can't reach it without having to lift my hand and reset my mouse to the top of my mouse pad because for some reason there is a lowered mouse sensitivity or mouse acceleration is turned on. So I go into the mouse sensitivity settings and acceleration is off so that's not the issue and the sensitivity is normal so I don't what is wrong with the mouse.

OK That's not that bad, I'll just start up a new game. The audio level is to low, I'll pause the cut scene and up the audio a bit. NOPE can't go into the options or pause it or do anything. Who in their right minds creates a game with a 5 minute cut scene without a pause option. That makes no sense to me what so ever. If I needed to get up and get some popcorn or use the bathroom I couldn't even stop the mini-movie(That's what I call it because it was sooooo long). I'll just Alt-Tab the game and adjust the audio in the mixer. (I previously set it to borderless window mode). I Alt-Tab and I adjust the audio levels so that I can hear the movie. I try to get back into the movie and the screen is messed up. It goes into windowed mode and the resolution is all messed up making it so that half of the screen is unviewable. I power through the first cut scene with a smallr screen and better audio levels.

The second one right after the first NO GAME PLAY IN BETWEEN. I have been sitting watching a movie for to long and I get rewarded with more of the movie. I just want to play the game at this point. This cut scene for some reason has audio levels that are way higher than the previous. So even if I had normal audio levels at the start this cut scene would be to loud. Yet again I Alt-Tab to adjust the settings because I still can't pause it.

Oh Joy! The movie has ended and I can move my character! Excellent. Oh wait my screen is still broken let me go into the settings and fix it. I go into the options and I try to move my mouse to the video options. I can't the screen ends. I can't move the screen or anything. I can't adjust the settings that brought me to this situation anyways. So I can't fix this issue which means I would have to restart the game and go through the movie again. Which I am not about to do.

Congratulations Ubisoft you have made me hate a game that I haven't even played after I purchased it. GG

TLDR: Long intro animations, horrible audio controls, and horrible UI settings.
  26. Dec 20, 2014
    Far Cry 3 is one of my favorite games ever. Does the sequel stands up to it ? It my opinion it doesn't.
    The story is much more bland, feels like it's trying to be dramatic but there wasn't a signle character I cared about. Pagan Min doesn't come close to Vaas, he feels fake and overly dramatic whereas Vaas felt truly insane, as he himself claimed. I even preferred to save Brody's dumb rich friends than the weird Kyrat people. The protagonist is a complete misunderstanding, reminds me of Connor from AC 3, really unintersting guy.
    This is subjective, but I hate the mountain enviroment of Kyrat, whereas I adored Rook Islands from FC 3. it just doesn't speak to me at all.
    Side missions are a disappointment. It feels like they are trying too hard to be different than in FC 3 but they became worse in the process.
    Main missions are even worse, not interesting at all, and not very much of them either.
    There are less syringes and less skills. Only two trees instead of three, everything simplified for no reason.
    Honestly, I feel no incentive to even finish the game, and I'm not even thinking about 100 % completion !
    I also had major technical issues with the game, it's a poor console port and the UI is terrible. Took me hours to fix the biggest mouse-related problems.
    It has some good thing of course, the free roam is there and the hunting as well but it's a shadow of the previous part.
    It's a cash grab and should be avoided to teach Ubi a thing or two about proper game development. Gets 6/10 for what good it took out from FC 3.
  27. Nov 23, 2014
    The problem with this game is problem Ubisoft and also huge part of todays gaming AAA industry has- that is lack of originality, no new ideas and rehashing content.
    Lets look at AC, Watch dogs and Far cry- the gameplay core of these games is the same. Open world with towers/high places to climb on and reveal map, camps/towers to liberate/hack to get new missions, lot of stuff to collect and craft new items/weapons. I mean the setting is different, one is FPS and the other 3rd person perspective gta clone, but main ideas behind gameplay are the same. Theres nothing new or original here, youve done this million times. When i play shooter i dont want to feel im playing Assassins creed with guns, but here i do. Games made by Ubi in fact is one and the same game made in different variations. It may be good craft, but theres zero art and heart here. Its just product to sell, not "from players for players".
    Other problem is milking series. Playing the same boring Assassin game after game, year after year, and now Far cries- i just gave up. Even devs and reviewers (who give 10 after release- hypocrytes) after years admit that a lot of these games are bad entries in series. So why the hell you release them? Why do we need FC4, Ac brotherhood, Ac revelations, Ac rogue? They dont bring anything new, cool or interesting. They are just fillers. I wont be buying Ubi games anymore (games from EA i stopped buying after BF4, they milk series the same way).
    Far cry 2 was released in 2008, Far cry 3 in 2012- 4 years break. People wanted next title in series, wanted next open world shooter, people were curious. Maybe thats why it was such a success. But because it was, i bet now we will get another Far cry every year. And as in Ac there are zero changes, also in Far cry 4 there are 0 changes. Only settings is different and coop is added, the rest is the same as in Far cry 3, with less likable and memorable characters and plot. This doesnt feel like another title at all, its just big dlc.
    And looking at another FC3 dlc- Blood dragon- its how you create dlcs. It was fun, it has nice graphical filters, new enemies and nice story and humor from '80 movies. I loved it. So Ubi can make interesting game. So why the hell they give us this sh*t year after year? I know, $$$ is the king of the world.
    I dont even start with technical issues people have with this game on pc.
    Cant recommend this game, its more of the same, you better play FC3/Blood dragon again, and save money for something else.
  28. Nov 22, 2014
    Another half baked game from Ubisoft, albeit not as bad as the Unity launch, still not to be considered acceptable. Not only is the game poorly optimized and TERRIBLY ported over to PC, it's mostly a cut and paste from Far Cry 3. If you enjoyed FC3 a lot and wanted more, then I WOULD have recommended this game to you wholeheartedly, if it was not for Ubisoft's ATROCIOUS job of porting overAnother half baked game from Ubisoft, albeit not as bad as the Unity launch, still not to be considered acceptable. Not only is the game poorly optimized and TERRIBLY ported over to PC, it's mostly a cut and paste from Far Cry 3. If you enjoyed FC3 a lot and wanted more, then I WOULD have recommended this game to you wholeheartedly, if it was not for Ubisoft's ATROCIOUS job of porting over they did with this game.

This is coming from a competitive PC fps player: The controls in this game are so terribly made for PC that I could barely get past the first fights of the game on normal difficulty. If you expect to be able to play this game with a mouse and keyboard, DO NOT BUY IT. Also, if you have anything but an enthusiast grade PC and expect to run this game on more than the lowest graphical settings, DO NOT BUY IT.

However, if you happen to have a very beefy machine, and happen to be alright with buying a PC game just to play with a controller, and happen to really like FC3 game mechanics (They reused just about all of them) then this game is rather excellent. The main story took me about 15 hours to complete, full of colorful views, great characters, and immensely improved writing in comparison to FC3. This game could have been amazing, however, because of the very slim portion of people who will actually be able to enjoy this game out of how many who think they will, I cannot recommend this game.
  29. Dec 29, 2014
    Having played Far Cry 3 the anticipation for Far Cry 4 was high. After playing the game for some hours however I felt let down. In total I now played 30 hours of Far Cry 4 and have it de-installed, while with Far Cry 3 I played almost 100 hours before de-installing.

Story Far Cry 3 had been commented on for having a poor story, but the story of Far Cry 4 is worse by a million times.

Story
    Far Cry 3 had been commented on for having a poor story, but the story of Far Cry 4 is worse by a million times. Far Cry 4 has the story depth of an average Steven Segal, Sylvester Stallone or
    Arnold Schwarzenegger movie. If you only care about action and not about story than you wont be bothered. If you like to have some sense of emerging into a story than this is total crap.

Gameplay
    Gameplay is exactly the same as Far Cry 3. Some things slightly changed as you can read in other reviews. Some weapons are added, different side missions, but the core gameplay is exactly the same. Wish they changed the need for the skinning of animals from the start. It was a nice touch in Far Cry 3, but going to that again just bothers people. It's just how fast can I get to all the animals to have proper gear. The expansion of the wallet, ammunition and weapon belt is almost mandatory before going very far into the game.

Online
    For me the replay value of Far Cry 3 was in the ability to go online and play coop against AI with other players and go through a level together. This has now been taken out of the game and you get a default FPS online environment which is the same as with other FPS games. For me this is absolutely a big negative as a really enjoyed the online gameplay in Far Cry 3. In Far Cry 4 the gameplay is nothing new to someone playing BF or CoD and is even worse than those competitors.

Coop
    Far Cry 4 has coop gameplay in the open world, which was pretty much the only thing new that I enjoyed. The coop gameplay is however far from what it could have been. It will only be possible to do side missions with you coop partner and no main missions. Taking down a fort is fun with a coop partner, it doesn't really feel as much fun as going through a mission together. The missions is where the chaos and the mayhem are biggest and most fun. One of the last missions where you encounter a lot of opposition would be great to play coop. This isn't possible however. What I also didn't get is why taking a fort together isn't taken into account in the game for the person joining. Like this is feels like duplicate work. Also freeing towers isn't taken to the joining players game. Coop was nice but could have been much better.
  30. Dec 9, 2014
    This game is more of a reskinned far cry 3 with a few mods here and there.It is unoptimized and ubisoft seems to be following the COD trend of re-releasing the same game over and over again just like their AC franchise.
    As far as the gameplay goes the animations in this game are extremely useless and frustrating.Overrated game of 2014
  31. Jan 9, 2015
    Farcry 4 is fun for a while but eventually when you've done a town assault, you've taken a bell tower, or you've killed roving patrols a dozen times each the game starts wearing on you. When Assassin's creed first introduced overlooks as a way to scope out the surrounding area and unlock side missions they were really cool and innovative, many iterations and several franchises later itsFarcry 4 is fun for a while but eventually when you've done a town assault, you've taken a bell tower, or you've killed roving patrols a dozen times each the game starts wearing on you. When Assassin's creed first introduced overlooks as a way to scope out the surrounding area and unlock side missions they were really cool and innovative, many iterations and several franchises later its just another tired mechanic.

The high point of the game for me was the whole tug of war between Sabal and Amita for the direction of the Golden Path. There wasn't a clear cut choice for which direction was the "right" one. Do you take the idealistic route and try to live up to the high expectations placed upon you and side with Sabal or do you take the side of Amita who makes good, well reasoned arguments and has a clear plan for the future? Unfortunately, those missions are few and far between and this dynamic between Sabal and Amita never shows up in the game in any meaningful way.
  32. Nov 22, 2014
    Would be much better game if one could skip cutscenes, it feels more like a move then a game tbh. Graphics are really nice and game physics do feel aright, but game itself is bit boring, too much driving around and not enough action, in addition at least 50% of the 'game' time are damn unskippable cutscenes. :(
  33. Nov 29, 2014
    I really wanted to like this game, but after completing the rather dull story line (which took me 12 hours) and looking in retrospect, the game left a lot to be desired.

The story, which for me was the main selling point, was a let-down. It took a total of 12 hours for me to complete the main missions with no fast travel, and it was not as immersive or captivating as the Far Cry 3 story. Ajay Ghale pretty much starts as a boring tourist, similar to Jason Brody from Far Cry 3, but has pretty much no motive that we, the players, can to relate to. Jason Brody on the other hand had the motive of revenge and his character developed over the course of the game, which allowed him to be a character that absorbed the player. Ajay had pretty much no developement as he went from tourist to super solider with no development, and nothing to attach you to the character. Ajay and main characters met throughout the game did not seem interesting and I had no desire to learn more about them, much less work with them. More over, in the very end Ajay does not even spread his mother's ashes, which made the entire story seem like a waste.

On PC (and consoles) the game was horrendously buggy. There were numerous times where I had to unplug USB devices just to get the game to start. If you get the game up and running, there are more bugs to behold. The main one being stuttering, which primarily happens as you are moving fast in vehicles. This stuttering makes driving absolutely horrendous, when it could be an enjoyable thing to do. Other bugs include sliding up hills, fall damage from 3 feet (or none from 30), pitch black shadows, falling through the map, birds perching in mid-air, etc.

Gameplay is a debatable issue. Personally, the game did not add enough from Far Cry 3 to demand a $60 price tag. The grappling system was a neat feature, but it would be much better if it could be used on all mountain or hill sides instead of the designated spots. Uncovering portions of the map is also the same, as you climb up a rickety radio tower, which gives you weapons and uncovers portions of the map (which aren't even completely covered when the map is opened). Only a handful of new weapons were added, because like most things in the game, they were reused from Far Cry 3. Vehicles were also the same with the exception of the ability to ride elephants and the gyrocopter. You can also set an 'autodrive' feature, which drives the car for you, so that you can focus on shooting instead of driving. This feature is let down by the inability to avoid crashes because the car still hits other cars, or even pedestrians in the road.

A bland story line, very few new features, bugs galore, led to a game that was not near as good as it predecessor. Maybe if Ubisoft patches the game (though unlikely) and the prices drops to ~$30 it will be worth the purchase, but at the moment it is just a piss-poor excuse for an AAA title.
  34. Dec 7, 2014
    I liked and loved Far Cry 3. I think it's one of the best shooters I've ever played, certainly among the top games I own. I've spent over 100 hours playing FC3 and loved almost every moment of it. I bought Far Cry 4 hoping for all the mechanics of FC3 in a new environment, with higher fidelity graphics.

And then I remembered. I was playing FC3 with Ziggy's mod. The terrible horror

And then I remembered. I was playing FC3 with Ziggy's mod.

The terrible horror dawned on me that I'd be playing FC4 with its native, vanilla UI, gun physics, HUD, sounds, and gun customization rules. And they are teh-ri-bull!

1. I'm not a baby, please don't give me a perpetual objective reminder that I can't turn off, (unlike everything else in the HUD).
    2. Why is it that a gun can only have one attachment at a time? You're telling me that a silencer is okay. A scope is okay. But a silencer AND a scope? WHAT ARE YOU CRAAZY?!

The story is really boring, and a poor attempt to recapture what they did in FC3 (charismatic villain) rather than innovate. Dammit Ubisoft, you got to FC3 by innovating, WHY WOULD YOU STOP AT FC4? Take some risks you cowards. The protagonist has an even weaker impetus to push forward (he wants help spreading his mother's ashes?! How does that even compare to rescuing your friends from sex slavery or death?! Way to undercut the drama Ubisoft!).

Tidat is a nice spectacle -- the visuals are certainly different from FC3's lush tropical islands. In fact, the visual pallet is quite bland by comparison. And underwhelming.

Graphics are a step up in the game when it comes to human models--the faces of villagers and characters are nearly photorealistic. Granted, I'm running two GTX Titans in SLI, so I have all settings maxed out. But the rendering is really very beautiful.

In short:
    +Prettier engine and textures

-Intrusive UI
    -Boring protagonist (why do I care about what I'm doing?)
    -A step back in story from FC3
    -Hamstrung gun mechanics
    -Bland setting

Ultimately a stale attempt to recreate the glory of FC3 by recycling old material rather than innovating on prior successes. Game devs, you do get points for creativity, and whoever was overseeing FC4 had clearly clocked out to lunch.
  35. Dec 27, 2014
    Essentially Far Cry 3.5. Same gameplay with some extras but the story is worse and the main antagonist is not as colorful. Nah this was lots of doing the same thing as Far Cry 3. Not a bad game just a bit dull.
  36. Nov 22, 2014
    The mouse support in the PC version of this game is utterly broken, and feels worse than any other FPS game I've played in probably the last twenty years - no hyperbole. Basically, the mouse acceleration cannot be fully disabled by any method, and it feels as if the mouse has been scripted as a virtual analog joystick device with all manner of strange acceleration effects. Really, reallyThe mouse support in the PC version of this game is utterly broken, and feels worse than any other FPS game I've played in probably the last twenty years - no hyperbole. Basically, the mouse acceleration cannot be fully disabled by any method, and it feels as if the mouse has been scripted as a virtual analog joystick device with all manner of strange acceleration effects. Really, really poor and frustrating if you're an experienced PC gamer. There are loads and loads of other bugs as well, from mission scripts being broken, needing to alt-tab in and out of game to make cutscenes play, black screen issues, horrendous frame tearing on relatively high-end video hardware, and more. And the worst part is that Ubi, so far, have failed to acknowledge many of these issues -- most notably the poor mousing. As a fan of Far Cry 3, I have been really let down with my experience of this game so far. I honestly cannot recommend it until improvements have been made. Expand
  37. Nov 19, 2014
    All in all Far Cry 4 is a beautiful and offers a lot of stuff to do, but one thing is unacceptable. To ship a PC shooter with a non fully functional mouse input. Even after suggested xml edits and disabling in all possible options it is still there, very noticeable when you start at one point and move slowly to the side and then repeat the process with slightly faster movement, theAll in all Far Cry 4 is a beautiful and offers a lot of stuff to do, but one thing is unacceptable. To ship a PC shooter with a non fully functional mouse input. Even after suggested xml edits and disabling in all possible options it is still there, very noticeable when you start at one point and move slowly to the side and then repeat the process with slightly faster movement, the movement is non linear. The game needs a RAW mouse input instead of this consoley acceleration nonsense, please Ubisoft step up your game.

I seriously hope they are going to fix that, otherwise i cannot fully recommend this game for PC gamers who value a proper and direct mouse input, even though the game is VERY good on all other fronts, only this open important detail hasn't been fixed in 3 patches and that's a dealbreaker for me.
  38. Nov 18, 2014
    This is pretty much the same game as far cry 3, animations are the same, graphics are the same, there are still towers to climb and it pretty much works in the same way as far cry 3. There are some new additions such as the grapple which is a nice change and the world seems to have a lot more on offer. Most importantly it's fun and a game i believe most people will enjoy, despite the gameThis is pretty much the same game as far cry 3, animations are the same, graphics are the same, there are still towers to climb and it pretty much works in the same way as far cry 3. There are some new additions such as the grapple which is a nice change and the world seems to have a lot more on offer. Most importantly it's fun and a game i believe most people will enjoy, despite the game not changing much, its still fun- Far cry 5 will have to be a lot different since i dont believe that they can use this formula endlessly Expand
  39. Dec 7, 2014
    First off if you have never played the farcry series before then by all means get this game you will love it... if you have played through farcry 1, 2, 3 then don't bother it's a waste of money > wait till it drops to DLC prices as thats what your actually playing

It is great that UBI Soft has decided to continue the Farcry series, However after playing nearly 20 hours of Far Cry 4 I cannot help feeling like I am playing FarCry3 DLC > yes the world is relatively large, and there is some new stuff > however essentially the exact and I mean exact weapons from farcry 3 are in the game, little has been done in the way of weapon customizations or skins etc, and after investing 3-400 hours in farcry 3 and loving that game I really do get the oh same same mission parameters etc....... Starting to feel like I'm back playing call of duty series... Maybe on console the graphics are better than Farcry3 but not on a serious gaming rig.

your getting repetitive UBI better actually release a full game not a farcry3 port DLC next time.
  40. Jan 3, 2015
    Feels more like a DLC for Far Cry 3. I decided to review this game when I realized that I desperately wanted to kill Amita, one of the characters who is supposed to be giving you, the player, guidance. She's just a terrible, useless, and condescending person, and the fact that there is no way to kill her makes the game feel empty and artificial. The game runs smoothly, however theFeels more like a DLC for Far Cry 3. I decided to review this game when I realized that I desperately wanted to kill Amita, one of the characters who is supposed to be giving you, the player, guidance. She's just a terrible, useless, and condescending person, and the fact that there is no way to kill her makes the game feel empty and artificial. The game runs smoothly, however the controls and the on screen control hints make it clear that this game was meant to be played with a gamepad and not a keyboard/mouse. Story writing turns what could have been a beautiful epic with control and choice into an unpolished and frustrating hallway simulator. Expand
  41. Nov 23, 2014
    I really wanted to like this game, I honestly did. But Jesus Christ, what should have taken 10 hours to complete took more than 16 hours thanks to constant crashes. I don't even have an old machine, I've got a Core i5 with a GTX670. For this, I halved the score. I'm sick of publishers pushing out games without testing them.

The story was awful, gone are the days of Far Cry 2 with a

The story was awful, gone are the days of Far Cry 2 with a compelling story. This seems to be another arc of the inferior Far Cry 3, with some agonizingly awful characters mixed in. For this, I've halved the score again.

Finally, I'm taking off one mark for the awfully sluggish controls. I don't get it, how many frames of latency does all the compositing need to take off? Can we even call these games shooters any more? They may as well just put the series of cut scenes together.

Final score: 1/10. Avoid until the next steam sale until it's 80% off if you have absolutely nothing better to play. Or buy Wolfenstein: The New Order, that's an awesome game.
  42. Jan 16, 2015
    Game has potential but they have cut corners. It crashes to desktop often. There are many graphics and in-game bugs and glitches. Stuttering and more.

The worst part is Ubisoft's incompetent management. They screwed up on delivering the first DLC for all steam customers who prepaid for the season pass. None of us can play it. Their support and management of this issue is completely

Their support and management of this issue is completely non-transparent and reeks of board room profits and managers asking support teams responding to tickets in N hours with total waste of time requests for more info. Like they can't pull out their corporate card, buy the season pass from steam and analyze the issue themselves?

No public acknowledgement of issues; non-communication and time wasting on top of it.

I would have respect for Ubisoft if management owned their mistakes, but they are spineless and incompetent.
  43. Dec 2, 2014
    Far Cry 4 is an exceptional open world shooter. Pity then that it spends so much of its time trying NOT to be an open world shooter. Had Ubisoft simply provided an opening cutscene and dropped the player into a large, open, hostile world to figure out how to get back at Pagan Min this game would easily have been a 9/10 or better.

But Ubisoft had to have their scripted, linear narrative.

But Ubisoft had to have their scripted, linear narrative. It is, predictability, utterly forgettable. At best. Pagan Min does his best Handsome Jack impression - badly. Attempts to try and humanize the bad guys fall flat and even feel contrived. The writing is poor and the pacing worse. And those are just the main missions.

The side missions are worse still. Utter filler material, bringing nothing of value to the game. Poor writing, uninteresting characters and contrived mission structure abound. Robbing you of gear, forcing stealth with auto fail, making you literally chase your belongings half way across the world. Stuff such as this inflates play time, but without respect to the player. It exists only as filler and adds nothing of quality to the game.

Technically the game is sound. It stutters constantly even with a GTI 770 2GB and 8GB RAM on on a core i7 4770 machine. And that is on high. The game simply isn't sufficiently optimized to run on Ultra even with that machine.

Far Cry 4 gets a high scores for its open world, shooting, outpost raids, climbing and free-form side missions. Then I venture into the realm of its mediocre plot and forced main missions - another game wherein my experience will be the same as everyone else's - and immediately the score begins its downhill skid.

Far Cry 4 is a great open world shooter. When its allowed to be just that it shines. But the extras piled on - and getting in the way of - that open world, make this the last Ubi game I will ever purchase.
  44. Dec 2, 2014
    This game is so poorly optimized Ubisoft is starting to become EA now and I hate to say it but EA is the one improving now they must first check the quality of there release before releasing it Graphics and Storyline is decent but a lot of gamer are having a hard time with all the stuttering, glitches and Graphical issues.
  45. Dec 2, 2014
    Tremendous fail in the game when an eagle appears ruining the game experience. What a mess.
    Has pissed me and has put me off playing, I had to use a trainer, there are missions that are very difficult.
  46. Jan 3, 2015
    Unfortunately bought the game on launch day and immediately experienced the horrible mouse accelereration and stuttering issues. So i shelved the game hoping that would give them time to fix it.

Over a month and a couple of patches later i give it another go. Mouse acceleration is a lot better and stuttering is gone, wonderful! Then the annoying gameplay issues hit me... No

Over a month and a couple of patches later i give it another go.
    Mouse acceleration is a lot better and stuttering is gone, wonderful!

Then the annoying gameplay issues hit me...
    No Aimtoggle setting, unable to progress past the first area because climbing is broken.. the list goes on.

This is a TERRIBLE console port and a slap in the face of PC gamers.

The story is wierd and you get zero sence of who you are or why you are there.

Granted i've only played the first 15 minutes of the game but if they can't that right i wont waste my time continuing.

This is one of very few purchases i regret in 2014.
  47. Nov 25, 2014
    Awful port , Farcry 3.5 with some terrain elevation and some new wind fx ( Thx for innovation btw) , review embargo, the money goes to grease some "critics" palms for some positives scores and metacritic deleting negatives review. Tipical Ubisoft release thx for my refund and take your 0
  48. Dec 5, 2014
    As always by Ubi, 3 hours of gameplay is stretched to the breaking point with errand missions, tower climbing (seriously what is with their obsession with towers?), and content gating through "crafting" and XP that add nothing to the game. XP didn''t work in BF4 and it doesn't work here. Unskippable cutscenes, unskippable skinning animation that gets very tiring after the 100thAs always by Ubi, 3 hours of gameplay is stretched to the breaking point with errand missions, tower climbing (seriously what is with their obsession with towers?), and content gating through "crafting" and XP that add nothing to the game. XP didn''t work in BF4 and it doesn't work here. Unskippable cutscenes, unskippable skinning animation that gets very tiring after the 100th stab/slash/"ugh". Bugs. 1-dimensional characters. Negative mouse acceleration that is FORCED ON unless you take the time to modify in-game files. U-Play.

An American citizen flies to his native country he hasn't seen since birth and immediately starts killing men who side with X. This is good. However you cannot kill people who side with Y since that is obviously bad.
  49. Nov 22, 2014
    I can guarantee you this Ubisoft. I will never buy a game from you again. You release a game that does not even work. That is why i will only give you 0 stars.

When you release a patch and I actually will be able to play the game i will make a new review.

But for now I will just have to wait. Never will I buy another game from you!
  50. Nov 18, 2014
    well, here it is - my personal "most anticipated game of 2014" - and it is basically what I have expected somehow...

to make this review short(er), I will cut the chase. IF you LOVED "Far Cry 3", you most definitely WILL LIKE "Far Cry 4"! want to know why? one VERY simple reason: IT IS BASICALLY THE SAME GAME! yes, everything is EXACTLY THE SAME, apart from the graphics (which they

to make this review short(er), I will cut the chase.

IF you LOVED "Far Cry 3", you most definitely WILL LIKE "Far Cry 4"!
    want to know why? one VERY simple reason: IT IS BASICALLY THE SAME GAME!
    yes, everything is EXACTLY THE SAME, apart from the graphics (which they really amped up this time around).

you might stop reading here...

~

do not misunderstand me, I find FC4 to be a truely well made game.
    it is fun to play, the story is superbly written and the characters, especially antagonist "King Min", are very well developed characters you will love to hate... though, I have to say that "Min" is no "Vas".
    I am not too far into the main-story, so I can only suspect that the main quest will turn out to be nice this time around again - BUT, make no mistake, FC4 has literally NO INNOVATION, NOT THE LEAST BIT OF "NEW", NO NEW MECHANICS OR WAYS OF PLAYING YOUR GAME...

FC4 IS JUST "MORE OF THE SAME" - or as vendors in Thailand used to announce their cheap counterfeit things: "same same ... (but different)!" - I will gladly admit that I kinda MISS something, a tiny little bit of "new", something fresh and innovative.
    instead, Ubisoft wanted to play it absolutely safe -. and they could, for FC3 is an almost perfect open-world FPS.

the whole concept did NOT have to be completely re-invented (as IS the case with the "Assassin's Creed" series), however, I am sure that most gamers (like myself) would have appreciated "something" fresh... not talking about some game-changing mechanics, but anything that we hadn't seen in FC before.

but, we've basically got this "Far Cry 3" CLONE ... which isn't exactly a bad thing.

FC3 I have rated 10/10
    FC4 I rate 8/10 - because it could have been "more" and Ubisoft simply didn't have the "cojones" to change the tiniest bit...

from a technical viewpoint I have to remark, even with older GPU like mine (Radeon 5870) you can get this game to run with STABLE 30 FPS!
    (what I want to tell you is, the game runs on older hardware - IF you know how to "tweak" your settings - though, it absolutely should be enjoyed on a nicer graphics-card than my old piece) ;)
    but, given that the only "innovation" or even difference in FC4 is the extremely nice graphics, you most definitely should play this game on a good GPU, to at least enjoy the only thing "new" and "better" compared to FC3.

comming to think of it... Ubisoft seems to HATE any "changes" to their franchises!
    that is the simple reason for why "Assassin's Creed Unity" is the "Same **** Different Game" crap it had been from the beginning.
    (oh how I wish for the consumers to "vote with their wallets" and finally stopping to buy the BORING BULL**** this AC franchise had become!)
  51. Nov 22, 2014
    Game unfinished, full of bugs and graphical issues. They worked with nvidia but the result is awful. Ubisfoft please test your games before releasing them. Uplay as always is a mess (can't connect, must play offline ...)
    Same game as Far cry 3. Few evolutions. More Far cry 3.5 than 4.
  52. Nov 23, 2014
    Pre-ordered this game due to Far Cry 3 being an awesome game. I've not been able to play FC4 since it was release due to bugs. Not going to go buy a new keyboard and mouse just to see if I have the USB issue. Save your money and don't support Ubisoft.
  53. Nov 21, 2014
    Full of flaws here and there just like Unity.

Missions dont start or stop in the middle of the action because of faulty triggers, lighting issues, black screen issues, performance issues even on very high end configurations, microstuttering and more.

Per total, a fine Ubisoft game.
  54. Nov 18, 2014
    Graphics and atmosphere is 9.5/10
    AI is 8/10
    side missions and game play is 10/10
    main story 8.5/10

overall in my book its Far Cry 3.5 than FC4.... If you enjoyed FC3 you will enjoy FC4.

now bad side is, they need to fix the mouse movement asap, because its hard to aim and move the mouse at the moment (not properly syncd).
  55. Jan 3, 2015
    Its more like a DLC than a full game. The Graphics are ok for a console port but I have seen much better games for PC. The story is weak and very short. All in all its a failed attempt to recreate FarCry 3.
  56. Nov 18, 2014
    This game is more of the same. If you loved Far Cry 3's gameplay and didn't care for the story and Blood Dragon wasn't enough, then you'll love this one for sure.
    While the performance is a bit iffy on my GTX680 4GB, it's not too bad either.
    The graphics have improved in the lighting department quite a bit and some new features like fur has been added which is nice. The gameplay is
    While the performance is a bit iffy on my GTX680 4GB, it's not too bad either.
    The gameplay is really copy paste. And the reason why i'm not gonna give this game a high score, while some tweaks here and there refine the gameplay, i don't think this game is worth the full price. Well, to be really honest, i kkind liked riding an elephant.
    Story is okay, nothing too special but the characters are certainly interesting. Not quite at the level of Vaas but it'll do. Other than that, the Shangra La tiger scratchy scratchy bits were also quite fun before it wore out by the end of it. Oh, the alternate ending videos floating on the web is quite neat. Good job.
    Music is whatever. Both AC unity and DA: I have better and much more memorable osts.

Lastly there was some controversy with one of the writers saying that if you don't like social justice that you won't like what they have in their game, but honestly, the character in question is quite well written. She's nothing extraordinary but it's decent non the less.

This game is really a 6 dressed up as a 7 for me. What i mean by that is that i really like the art style so i'm gonna give it a 7 instead.
  57. Nov 19, 2014
    While it is far too similar to Far Cry 3 with a mix of mechanics from Blood Dragon to really be considered the next full release in the franchise, it is still an enjoyable game for fans of the series. The game makes improvements to mechanics, density of content and graphics, however the story and characters are weaker this time around with various issues from Far Cry 3 are still lingering.While it is far too similar to Far Cry 3 with a mix of mechanics from Blood Dragon to really be considered the next full release in the franchise, it is still an enjoyable game for fans of the series. The game makes improvements to mechanics, density of content and graphics, however the story and characters are weaker this time around with various issues from Far Cry 3 are still lingering. Forced mouse acceleration, constant frame stuttering, limited audio options and unskippable cutscenes mar an otherwise good experience at launch.
    Probably more aptly named Far Cry 3: Kyrat Dragon than Far Cry 4 it is still an enjoyable, lengthy and visually sumptuous experience with about average PC stability and performance at launch.
    Some of the missions try new things and fall painfully flat due to either poor execution or weak mission design, however some other missions really stand out with interesting and unique designs that work well. While neither a flawless nor consistent experience throughout, when it's on, it really delivers.
    If you played Far Cry 3, you really won't find any surprises or innovations, but what you will find is a solid follow up with enough improvements and plenty of content to satisfy.
    It is sure to say however, Far Cry 5 will really need to step it up, as more of the same really won't fly in another outing.
  58. Nov 22, 2014
    Crashes with a black screen and no sound at launch. The developers have released a update on the launch day and today as of Nov 21st they said they will be releasing another update that contains the black screen fix however they edited where they have said this and may postpone the release to another day (possibly till next week).

Does not seem like they have tested the game on alot of

Does not seem like they have tested the game on alot of system's to be sure it will run as it should, the release was pushed, could have delayed, better to delay than put it out on the shelves and have problems arise. I'm giving 0/10. This is no way how a game business should be.

UPDATE 11/22/14: The update was delayed so it was never released on 21st and as of now Ubisoft is giving word that the update may get released sometime next week and that they are sorry "IF" the update gets a new ETA on top of the current ETA. This is bologna.
  59. Jan 6, 2015
    Far Cry 4 is fun. But it’s also a missed opportunity. Like Far Cry 3, the game doesn’t properly capitalize on its huge multiplayer potential. Far Cry 3 had a horrible matchmaking system that broke an otherwise outstanding 4 player co-op mode. Ubisoft makes another mistake in FC4 by limiting co-op to only 2 players. Huh? Even free-to-play Warframe allows 4 players. This unfortunate misstepFar Cry 4 is fun. But it’s also a missed opportunity. Like Far Cry 3, the game doesn’t properly capitalize on its huge multiplayer potential. Far Cry 3 had a horrible matchmaking system that broke an otherwise outstanding 4 player co-op mode. Ubisoft makes another mistake in FC4 by limiting co-op to only 2 players. Huh? Even free-to-play Warframe allows 4 players. This unfortunate misstep is the primary reason fellow gamers passed on FC4. Although it’s a solid game, FC4 feels more like a step sideways instead of a step forward. The missed multiplayer opportunity, sluggish performance, dull story, and gameplay problems keep Ubisoft’s newest title from being the top spot on my shelf.

If the protagonist Ajay stands still, FC4 looks spectacular. The mountain setting is beautiful. Because Kyrat is landlocked, environments aren’t as varied as previous FC titles, but I hardly noticed. Once Ajay starts driving/flying around, big problems emerge. Draw distances are too short, even at lower settings. Trees, rocks, and buildings are constantly popping in even if they’re only a few yards away. I never noticed this in Ubisoft’s Watch Dogs released earlier this year, which looked amazing as well. Some textures shimmer as objects are rendered. It’s another classic example of developers pushing graphics over performance. Sure FC4 has the potential to look great, but it performs poorly. Even strong hardware struggle to push out smooth visuals unless gamers are willing to devote hours to tweaking. But tweaking isn’t always successful. Even after toying with settings, frame stuttering and fps drops plague FC4. The fact these problems persist at all settings screams of poor optimization.

For the most part, gameplay is nearly identical to Far Cry 3. The in game menu is better. A few tweaks have been made to crafting, but nothing major. Player upgrades are more streamlined, but now gamers must specific tasks to unlock all upgrades. Except for the improved menu, I like FC3 upgrade/crafting system better. Players had more control and they could choose different upgrade “paths” that tailored to different playstyles. But that is my preference, both systems are solid. Players can equip just as many weapons/lethals as before. And there are plenty of weapons. Unfortunately, too many are unlocked late in the game. Overall, FC4 plays just like FC3.

One of my biggest gameplay complaints regards enemy hitboxes. They suck. Baddies just absorb bullets as direct shots pass thru them. It’s comparable to playing a laggy BF4 match. Oddly, sniper rifles and arrows have no problems. So it seems that some weapons are nerfed just for the sake of being nerfed.
    FC4 pushes stealth in certain missions. Several storylines benefit greatly from stealth. However, stealth implementation is only OK. There isn’t much improvement from FC3, which is absurd since stealthy play is more popular than ever.

Also, the weapon wheel is a bit confusing, and I found myself accessing the wrong lethal or syringe many times. Not game breaking, but annoying nonetheless.

Another complaint is FC4’s story. Everything feels forced. The player goes from celebrity chef to Rambo in the blink of an eye. In FC3, the tatau had mystical power which imbued the player with abilities. A tad cheesy, but it fit. Also, the choices presented to the protagonist in FC4 are superficial. They don’t have much impact on the overall story. And all the characters except the antagonist Pagan Min (and perhaps Willis) are forgettable. This is the same complaint many gamers had with FC3 as Vaas was the only standout character. There isn’t any attachment to the characters or the story.

There is also too much to do in Kyrat. It combines all the activities of FC3, FC3: Blood Dragon, and Watch Dogs into one game. Walk a few yards and there is a baddie holding people hostage. Walk a few more yards and a convoy zips past. Walk a few more and get attacked by a random animal. FC4 supplies players with the same busywork seen in Ubisoft’s other titles. And they supply a ridiculous amount of it. But the lack of originality is the glaring problem here. Ubisoft merely copy and pasted from its other popular titles. A popular developer trend. For new Ubisoft fans, this isn’t a problem. For long-time loyalist, it’s disappointing because we’ve seen it all before. It’s time to offer players something new.

As mentioned earlier, co-op is the biggest missed opportunity. The decision to limit co-op to 2 players is absolutely baffling. Sure there is a versus mode. But players have enough versus games already: Halo, COD, Battlefield, Killzone, Titanfall, CS:GO….. and the list goes on. The market for co-op games isn’t saturated yet, and Ubisoft could’ve filled the void in a big way.

Despite the criticisms, FC4 is a good game. However, it’s not great. Terrible optimization and lackluster multiplayer are its biggest drawbacks. Ubisoft is being too safe these days and FC4 feels a bit stale. Is FC4 lazy or safe?
  60. Jan 2, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. You shoot things in this game, with guns mostly. Animals attack. People sometimes die from being shot or being mauled by animals. You are sometimes one of those people.

You drive around a lot, but sometimes walk/run or fly.

There are no cats or dogs living together.

In the end, you win.
  61. Nov 22, 2014
    If you liked Far Cry 3, you'll probably like this. Until you notice it's the same damn game and the ennui really sets in. It's very pretty and fun at times, but the game is broken for me. I, and based on the forums, some other people as well, have a problem with a campaign mission. It's horribly long and crashes me to the desktop towards the end. Getting back in, it's saved none of theIf you liked Far Cry 3, you'll probably like this. Until you notice it's the same damn game and the ennui really sets in. It's very pretty and fun at times, but the game is broken for me. I, and based on the forums, some other people as well, have a problem with a campaign mission. It's horribly long and crashes me to the desktop towards the end. Getting back in, it's saved none of the progress, but does force me to start the quest again. It's groundhog day but with none of the progress. Broken game is broken. Expand
  62. Dec 11, 2014
    Ubisoft have turned in EA's evil twin.They need to screw it one way or another in all their games. I'm sick of this s***. Do yourself a favor and avoid this piece of upseting toxic excuse for a game and get something else. And ,again avoid EA crap too.
  63. Nov 25, 2014
    The Far Cry series is probably my favorite shooter series. I have loved every single game, but I think they have began to go down a wrong path with the series now. Actually I might suspect they already did with Far Cry 3, even though I absolutely adore that game, but the reason I did not notice it so much was because I played with a tweak on the PC that made all the HUD go away. It wasThe Far Cry series is probably my favorite shooter series. I have loved every single game, but I think they have began to go down a wrong path with the series now. Actually I might suspect they already did with Far Cry 3, even though I absolutely adore that game, but the reason I did not notice it so much was because I played with a tweak on the PC that made all the HUD go away. It was really involving, immersive and realistic. Now playing Far Cry 4 I have not found such a tweak yet so I am forced to play the "vanilla" way and that is why I see all the faults that probably where mostly there in part 3 even to be honest but I was spared against because of the community tweak.

The main thing is that the game feels extremely handholding. There is HUD clutter everywhere and even when shutting down as much as I can in the options I still can't get rid of the glowing bodies or the see through walls ability which is just pathetic as far as options go. Why do they have a ton of options but no way to turn this off? Incredible.

You also get button prompts for EVERYTHING. Looking down a scope? You will have those damn ugly button reminders cluttering up the screen the whole game reminding you that you can use right or left analog to zoom or hold your breath. Flying with the wingsuit? Be prepared to have the gorgeous view blocked by some reminder of pressing a button to get out your parachute. It does not matter if you have done this a 1000 times before, the game still wants to remind you so you don't get lost. Pathetic.

As annoying as that there are also other points in the game where you get prompts like this in missions. The game does not seem to be able to recognise I have used an ability 1000 times before, it still needs to remind me how to use that ability in a mission that involves it. It just feels so handholding and forced. Like you are a baby and the game needs to make sure you don't get lost.

Also one way to describe the game is quantity over quality. The map is just filled with gems and other things for you to collect. While one might think this is a good thing it is just TO MUCH. A thing that seems to be a thing in many other Ubisoft games like Assassins Creed to. Instead of there being interesting to find it just becomes a game of running to the next glowing thing on the map to collect. It is way overboard and should be tuned down or made into something more interesting. It really takes away from the feeling of this being a real place in a way and makes it more feel like a video game theme park with "powerups" to collect.

The game is also filled with bugs that I have not seen in previous Far Cry games. Every time I start the game I have to turn off the auto aim, because the game seems to not save this for some reason. If I use the filter on the map I have to first go in to the options and turn on the minimap and then turn it off again. If I don't do this the game is bugged and don't let me use the filter on the map. If you run fast in the world you will see birds spawning all over the place right in front of your eyes. Many times I have seen cars spawn right in the road before me etc etc.

Also while the game looks very good the environment is not really that interesting and quite bland and samey looking. The tropical paradise of Far Cry 1 and Far Cry 3 is so much more inviting and interesting. Even though I understand it might be good to have some other environments I really miss the jungle every time they have another setting. The himaliyas are quite cool though with the heavy snow to be honest.

Another thing that really annoyes me in the game is the animals. They are way to aggresive and unrealstic. Bears and wolfes should not just attack you on sight like some rabid dogs. And don't even speak of the eagels that attack anything that moves, extremely annoying after the 100:th time you get one attacking your head. Also there seems to be no way to attack anything underwater, not even to use your knife which is very annoying when swiming and there is a man eating fish at your tail.

The game is still fun though even though it feels like a reskin of Far Cry 3. The small helicopter and the grapplinghook are both very cool features. It just feels for the first time in the Far Cry series like less of a real sequel worthy of a new number and more like an "expansion" or reskin (of part 3).

The game is become way to casual, cluttered, "theme parky" and handholding. I really wish they go back on that a bit in Far Cry 5 and make it more grounded and "hardcore". And for f sake if you have such a long menu for HUD options include options to turn EVERYTHING off!
  64. Nov 21, 2014
    A heinously unoptimized mess that offers an underwhelming story with forgettable characters in a world that fans of the previous series already have explored over and over again.
  65. Nov 18, 2014
    They tuned up the graphics and reskinned FarCry 3. The "radio towers" are now Bell Towers. Your Heron, Eagle, Shark is replaced by a Tiger and Elephant tree... You skin animals and craft stuff... pick up different colored plants... I could go on but saying it's FarCry 3 sums it up.

The graphics look great, the voice acting is good, the weapons have satisfying effects... yeah we're stuck with another nerd a la' Jason Brody from FC3 but so far "Ajay Ghale" isn't nearly as annoying and doesn't come with a gang of obnoxious friends. Pagan Min is pretty much Javier Bardem's character from SkyFall but is satisfying as a character..

Flat out if you enjoyed FC3 then this new, updated, expanded version of FC3 is a lot of fun so far. If you were hoping for some major shift in the series then you're going to be disappointed. I like it and think it's an improvement. I don't regret spending the money.
  66. Nov 29, 2014
    Overall a disappointment. It feels like Far Cry 3.5. There is not enough to differentiate itself from FC3, which was a very good game. I want something different, even though I enjoyed FC3. The missions are the same, the enemies are the same, and the gameplay is the same, and a ton of animations are the same, too. There are a few exceptions to this, but generally it is the same game, justOverall a disappointment. It feels like Far Cry 3.5. There is not enough to differentiate itself from FC3, which was a very good game. I want something different, even though I enjoyed FC3. The missions are the same, the enemies are the same, and the gameplay is the same, and a ton of animations are the same, too. There are a few exceptions to this, but generally it is the same game, just in a different place.

The PC port is quite poor with constant frame-rate drops on my high-end PC. Graphics, though impressive at times, lack in many areas of this title, when all settings are on max. There are low-res textures... everywhere. Climbing a rock face will show off disgusting low-res textures, which are just inches from your face. Tree leaves/foliage from a distance looks horrid and console-like. Vehicle headlights that shine onto natural objects look extremely unrealistic and take me out of the game every time. Overall little is innovative, graphics wise.

Some of us have powerful gaming rigs, why not optimize some insanely beautiful visuals for us? Our machines can take it. If other devs can make it happen, so should you, Ubisoft. This game comes close, but no cigar. It feels like this game was made for Xbox One/PS4 and you just slightly improved things for PC players.

Why are most Ubisoft games poorly optimized for PC? Do you guys have a fully-fledged PC version team? It doesn't feel like it.

I pray The Division is done right.

But FC4 does have some fun moments in it, without a doubt. The little helicopter is fun. The characters are interesting. Cut scenes are well-made. Map is insanely expansive. Etc.

But overall a waste of $60 for me. This game is worth $20-$30 on PC. $40 on console.
  67. Nov 20, 2014
    Two words: Mouse Acceleration. This absolutely ruins the game. Slowly dragging the mouse left to right across the mouse-pad results in about a 90 degree turn for the character. Quickly dragging the mouse left to right across the entire mouse pad results in the character doing two 360 degree turns. The mouse acceleration is huge, but whats worst is the negative mouse acceleration which isTwo words: Mouse Acceleration. This absolutely ruins the game. Slowly dragging the mouse left to right across the mouse-pad results in about a 90 degree turn for the character. Quickly dragging the mouse left to right across the entire mouse pad results in the character doing two 360 degree turns. The mouse acceleration is huge, but whats worst is the negative mouse acceleration which is really the ruining factor here. Trying to aim down the sights feels like your gun is stuck, and you have to quickly move the mouse to free it to be able to aim, but as soon as you slow down the mouse it gets stuck again. Its a horribly frustrating experience, no matter how good the rest of the game is it is impossible to enjoy because the game at its heart is a shooter, and you need to be able to aim to enjoy it. Currently the issue seems to affect at least 95% of players. I suspect those that claim they don't have mouse acceleration problems are either fanboys who will admit no problems, or are somehow simply oblivious to this problem. If this issue is fixed the game would be very easy to recommend but in its current state stay away.

Graphically it runs fairly smoothly on my R9 290x. I can use ultra settings which look fabulous and get a solid 60 FPS. But turning is choppy, but this could be related to the mouse acceleration. Driving can be choppy as well, but the game is actually pretty fast even when driving at top speeds, and the frames drop to about 45 FPS, but it doesn't ruin it by any means. Switching to very high graphics settings I can get 60 FPS driving.

Game looks great and if you like Far Cry 3 you will probably love this, as long as you don't need a mouse and keyboard to play. If you use a controller it works fine. But this is a PC game so this rating is based on mouse and keyboard input, and with current mouse acceleration game is just unplayable and gets a 0.
  68. Nov 18, 2014
    Im 100 % that the developers of far cry have nothing to do with AC no matter ubisoft montreal are the same . Engine: dunia . Port: 10 . Vram is 3gb max . Hear me right: you can plug the ps4 controller and it uses the touch-screen ( no xbox interface)!! That was blown mind .
    Story; gameplay and sound is great so far . Playing with 780 ti 1080p 60 fps with smaa . Optimization for pc gamers is what we care most This games uses 99% ; less vram that other games and very few stuttering . This is what we need . No more horrible ports like unity ; lords of fallen and advance warfare
  69. Nov 22, 2014
    Check point system on this type of open world game on PC is just over the top ridiculous and painful. I can't give it anything higher than a 3 for this. Also not deserving much in score do to the fact it lacks in development effort over FC3.

They really should look back to the greatness of the original for ideas on what to do next.
  70. Dec 15, 2014
    UPDATE
    The latest patch has more or less completely fixed the mouse acceleration. It has also completely resolved the stuttering when moving around the world for me. Both of these issues had resulted in huge forum threads of complaints (50+ pages) on the Ubisoft forums. Now, nearly a month later, the game is in a MUCH better state than it was on release.
    Since they've addressed those
    UPDATE

Since they've addressed those primary issues, I highly recommend this game if you enjoyed FC3. On an i7 4770k and GTX 970, the game is running at constant 70+ FPS on Ultra preset at 1080p with zero stuttering.

Original post:
    I thought it deserves mentioning that the mouse input in this game is absolutely horrible.

Both Far Cry 3 / 4 have a "mouse acceleration" setting in the options menu, so you'd think the developers knew what they were doing when it comes to translating mouse input into camera movement. After all, that's the most basic interface of an FPS game. Unfortunately, that isn't the case. The mouse behavior is wildly inconsistent, there is both positive and negative acceleration as well as mouse smoothing. It feels like they took analog stick implementation and tied it to the mouse.

I move my mouse quickly, my character does a 360 degree turn. I move the mouse slowly across the same distance, my character turns 90 degrees. Aiming precisely is very frustrating. Playing the game with a controller is probably more ideal at this point. The fact that none of the QA testers noticed this indicates they tested the game with a controller and never used the mouse. That said, a lot of people are complaining about it, maybe it will be fixed in a patch. And yes, this may seem picky, but proper mouse control in a 2014 FPS game is expected.
  71. Nov 20, 2014
    FC4 is exactly what I expected. They take the cool stuff from Far Cry 3, add more awesome stuff and some great and crazy characters.
    I've got no technical issues and everything looks really nice. The places to discover are really beautiful. At the moment (after 20h playing) I can't name any negative point, except my skills against the wild animals :D I think, I'm in love with this game.
  72. May 31, 2015
    runs like a console port...need i say more?IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
  73. Jan 3, 2015
    Occasionally fun, occasionally frustrating, overall mediocre. Pagan Min is in my opinion a less engaging antagonist than Vaas, and the game lacks character development. You arrive there as a godlike killing machine and no explanation why, they didn't even bother. Performance is fine on 4790k/780 Ti, but picking some of the Nvidia-specific options made the game very crash-happy for me. AlsoOccasionally fun, occasionally frustrating, overall mediocre. Pagan Min is in my opinion a less engaging antagonist than Vaas, and the game lacks character development. You arrive there as a godlike killing machine and no explanation why, they didn't even bother. Performance is fine on 4790k/780 Ti, but picking some of the Nvidia-specific options made the game very crash-happy for me. Also they overdid it so much with the collectibles that just opening the world map gives you a headache, you have no option but to ignore everything and just try to finish the game if you want to maintain your sanity. Also every NPC that you happen to meet in the wilds is permanently running in panic because there is an eagle nearby. There is ALWAYS an eagle nearby, it gets incredibly frustrating chasing all the NPC's around to talk to them or sell your valuables when they are in perma-panic mode. Sometimes, less is more. Far Cry 4 is one of those cases. Would have benefitted greatly from a more engaging story, more optimization, less collectibles and less eagles. Expand
  74. Nov 21, 2014
    2014 continues to be the year of terribly optimised AAA PC games, especially from Ubisoft, and sadly Far Cry 4 is no different.

I cannot honestly fault the game itself in terms of gameplay, story arch and what it's trying to do (except to point out the valid criticism that this should be called Far Cry 3.5, as there's little to no innovation over the previous title on show here. But that's not necessarily a bad thing, as Far Cry 3 was excellent and if ain't broke, why fix it?)

But you can get all that good stuff in the title, but if it has severe frame rate dips no matter what you do and has a default mouse and keyboard set up that is nigh on unplayable, alongside an FOV issue that actively encourages motion sickness, then you're gimping your game right off the bat.

I really don't know what it is about Ubisoft and releasing games for PC that appear unfinished and untested, but it appears to be a trend that needs to be stopped. Ubisoft in particular have all the skill and ingredients necessary to make flawless, blockbuster titles with the raw materials the AC and Far Cry (and to a lesser extent, the potential in Watch_Dogs) franchises have, but they're shooting themselves in the foot time and time again.

But enough of the negative, as they are technical faults that should have an easy fix - this is a very enjoyable title that is worth your money and time, which is more than can be said for Unity. If you have a back catalogue of games to play through, you can probably wait till this goes on sale as it's not a "must play immediately" kind of game in terms of multiplayer etc. but definitely add it to your FPS/Action purchase list.
  75. Dec 24, 2014
    Still having issues with FarCry4.exe crashing on start, which seems to be a common issue still. Ubisoft's only "helpful" email is to tell me to reinstall the game...etc. They seem like they have given up figuring the issue out at this point.

I have over a 80 games installed through Steam alone that work, so I really doubt there is a problem with my PC.
  76. Nov 21, 2014
    The Far Cry 4 my opinion
    +Graphics
    +Gameplay
    +Story
    +Kyrat (World)
    + Fun Multiplayer

-Random crashes, Sound bugs so far
    -cant have a xbox 360 controller plugged in it somehow crashes the game
  77. Nov 27, 2014
    Amazed to see all the HATERS that is really very rare! I heard a rumor that there was a Torrent with a broken game....

Anyway I purchased the Limited edition of the game online have had no issues whatsoever. (I5, HD7870LE, Win7/64, 8 G Ram) So how about the game. I just finished FC 3 to be in the "mood" when I started playing FC 4 and I am not disappointed, yes it is the same

So how about the game.

I just finished FC 3 to be in the "mood" when I started playing FC 4 and I am not disappointed, yes it is the same basic concept, but there are also differences making it a new experience.

The scenery is spectacular.

The AI is much improved.
    It is no longer possible to take an outpost by standing at a distance taking out the guards one by one with the sniper rifle. The guards take more damage and they will hunt you down instead of reverting to their scripted track 2 seconds after you shot the guy next to them.. The alarms are better protected against tampering, so you have to get close or stand at an awkward angle to shoot at them.

There are also tons of predators, and they will kill you if you do not kill them first. So walking around is no longer safe.

Hunting is MUCH more fun than in FC3 and you need to hunt a lot of animals to get your gear upgrades. Lots of variation and much more challenging than in FC3.

The weapon upgrades are slower to appear, you will have to advance much further before getting a mini gun...again it puts more pressure on the player and makes it impossible to finish the game in a few hours.

Flying a light helicopter is great fun and flying low over water or trees have a significant visual effect on both. Making it much more life like. If you jump out of the helicopter before landing will break it bringing more realism in to the game.

I have not played more than approx 25% of the game and therefore there are lots of things yet to experience, for instance taking one of the fortresses, but I am looking forward to the ride.

If you liked FC3 then go for FC4.

If you do not like open world stealth games with a lot of side quests and just want to shoot somebody and get to the next level, then this game is not for you.

Warm recommendation from here.
  78. Nov 28, 2014
    i will rate the game not red when i can actually not crash out of the first Shangri-La mission... it crashes every time... i have everything updated but this game is just a unoptimized mess, i also crashed to desktop on other missions as well... this seems standard now for Ubisoft to release unfinished games all they want.. you cant even expect a tripe A title to work properly now i guess...
  79. Jan 31, 2015
    I've been holding off on this until the patches and now with 1.7, I'm enjoing the game as much as I enjoyed Far Cry 3. Doing missions and collecting stuff is good as usual. However, there are quite a few annoyances:

- Body armor is practically useless, gets reduced after a few hits, including animal attacks. - Animal attacks everywhere, can't get to a mission location without being

- Animal attacks everywhere, can't get to a mission location without being attacked and wasting ammo and health.
    - The helicopter is great but can't remember where they are except a few places and the map only shows them if they are next to you.
    - Some towers have helicopters but they can't be fast travelled to.
    - 50% of the time, if I fast travel to an outpost and try to leave for a mission/task, the outpost gets attacked and I have to turn back to help out which wastes ammo and health.
    - High powered sniper rifles able to take down heavies come too late in the campaign, when there are less useful.
    - Performance is acceptable but hiccups due to loading happens quite a lot despite being installed on an SSD.
    - Enemies teleport sometimes, which makes picking them off from afar difficult because if the shot misses, they get alerted.
    - I don't get the weapon accuracy, especially the bow. Sometimes I need to compensate for distance and drop, other times not. Enemies tend to sway their head quite more often than in FC3.
    - Unmemorable location names; can't name any of them.
    - There are lot of collectibles and they don't show in the map if it is zoomed out to far; I wish you could jump back and forth between the locations of certain collectibles.
    - I spent the first 10 hours hunting for animals so I could get my equipment levels up. Starting out with a single weapon slot is ridiculous.

In conclusion, its a good game but doesn't go much further than FC3; if you liked FC3, collectibles, free roaming and sandbox gameplay, you should play this game.
  80. Nov 28, 2014
    This game is everything that far cry 3 is, but better. Not better and innovative enough to be incredible, but it's definitely incredibly fun and worth checking out once they fix all the bugs with patches.
  81. Jan 9, 2015
    Good game? NO
    Perfect and new game experience? NO
    Good story? NO Awesome graphics and physics? NO Good OST? NO Copy of FAR CRY 3? YES Bugs, freezes, lags? YES. YES. YES. Again and again Ubisoft releasing remakes of old (and good games), but with higher price and tons of bugs. This is absolutely average game, which is the absolute copy-paste from FAR CRY 3, but with some very minor
    Good game? NO
    Perfect and new game experience? NO
    Good story? NO
    Awesome graphics and physics? NO
    Good OST? NO
    Copy of FAR CRY 3? YES
    Bugs, freezes, lags? YES. YES. YES.
    Again and again Ubisoft releasing remakes of old (and good games), but with higher price and tons of bugs. This is absolutely average game, which is the absolute copy-paste from FAR CRY 3, but with some very minor changes and other exterior. It's not funny, because we saw that many times. The most annoying part is the story, with absolutely illogical script, missions don't make any sense, and characters aren't interesting at all.

But if you want to burn 60$ and a couple of days, you may buy it. It's not so bad game, as it can be (sic! Unity)

4.5/10
  82. Dec 1, 2014
    Far cry 4 really is a good game but, for a few reasons, it has to be marked down.

1: It's just Far Cry 3 in a different place. That's no bad thing as Far Cry 3 was a brilliant game but when you're being asked to shell out £40 for a "new" game, it's a little insulting to find that it's little more than a big expansion pack. 2: It has obviously been developed for consoles first. This

2: It has obviously been developed for consoles first. This means clumsy UIs and some really basic errors that shouldn't be present in a released game. See points 3 and 4.

3: Out of the box it's unplayable due to mouse acceleration that cannot be turned off without unpacking, editing and re-packing the game files. The mouse sensitivity is also painfully low, which means that you have to have it cranked up to 100% to get close to being playable.

4: The game runs at 60FPS for me but it doesn't feel like it. Due to a stuttering issue it feels as though it's running at 15FPS. It's painful to look at but it can be cured by buffering frames.

5: Point 3 means that you can't play the game on multiplayer as the edited game files make the server think you're cheating.

So, in conclusion, if you're happy to pay £40 for some DLC that either sort of works as single player only, or doesn't work at all but is single and multiplayer, then go for it. Otherwise wait until they get off their arses and patch out the problems that should have been caught in alpha testing.
  83. Dec 30, 2014
    This game is special for me and for all Indians. Playing a world class game with characters speaking Hindi(especially the abusive language used is so typical of Hindi) was truly a delightful experience.
    Apart from that the game is fun to play, visuals of Himalayas are stunning , gameplay is flawless and the story telling in shang re la part is indeed inspiring.
  84. Jul 1, 2015
    I had learned my lesson from all the others that have said UBISOFT games are full of bugs so i purposely waited to get FAR CRY 4.
    Glad i did wait because my pc port does not have a single issue. it was all patched and ready to play.
    Now about the actual gameplay pretty much FAR CRY 3.5, aside from the grapple,riding a elephant and using as a weapon against the enemy(which is hilarious!) and the gyro-copter (which i do love makes getting around the map easy among other things) all the things in FAR CRY 3 remain the same.
    To be honest it is very repetitive once you do each thing a few times the game really does not have much to keep it super interesting.
    The story is really bad, i like the story is 3 much more, the characters in FC4 just have no life to them?
    even the main villain is not all the great.
    and the character YOU play is so uninteresting that i still do not know who the hell he actually is! LOL!
    Flat,one dimensional and dull is the words i would pick for the characters and story in this game.
    I am giving it a 5 because it has decent graphics and the gameplay is smooth. it is not a overall great game though!
    On a final note, i cannot believe that there was not a option to turn off the radio in the vehicles when you get into them! other than the gyro-copter every single vehicle has a LOUD radio playing really distracting,annoying hindu type music or news broadcasts. I hate that a lot in this game,cant even enjoy riding around the map because of it!
  85. Dec 5, 2014
    The game in and of itself is fun, but there's so many bugs this game should never have been released in this condition. The stuttering/mouse acceleration issues make the game unplayable for me.
  86. Jan 20, 2015
    After 6 patches only a few weeks after release this game is still broken to the point of being unplayable. "then why are some of the reviews 5 star" - well, because some of these bugs don't show up until you are (frustratingly) half way through the game!!! So at first glance this game is pretty good, however a few hours of gameplay later and you will be telepathically screaming pure,After 6 patches only a few weeks after release this game is still broken to the point of being unplayable. "then why are some of the reviews 5 star" - well, because some of these bugs don't show up until you are (frustratingly) half way through the game!!! So at first glance this game is pretty good, however a few hours of gameplay later and you will be telepathically screaming pure, unbridled hatred at Ubisoft for releasing an unfinished game. So to summarize...

1. Game fails to save half way through campagne (if you're lucky).
    2. The game will crash to desktop 1/5 times you play.
    3. Game will crash if you don't complete a mission "correctly".
    4. Texture popping becomes distracting.
    5. AI is very glitchy and poorly implemented.
    6. Textures can be clipped through causing you to fall under the map.
    7. Story is terrible and predictable with some recycled audio/character models from FC3.
    8. Audio often switches off randomly.
    9. Character glitches are quite common.
    10. The "open world" is covered, and I mean COVERED in invisible walls.
  87. Dec 4, 2014
    "Great Game, Crappy Port" is Far Cry 4 in a nutshell on the PC. Played about 6 hours and have had to fix countless issues, and am waiting for further updates to delve further into this game given the crappy performance it currently gives demolishing most of the fun.
    The Game itself is quite fun, though yes it is Far Cry 3 with new characters, a new story, new map, etc. I have no issue with a repeat from Far Cry 3, i still want more Far Cry 3. It's okay to not drastically change a game for each new entry, though hopefully for the next installment they change it up a little, it would very much sadden me to see Far Cry become Assassins Creed or Call of Duty.
  88. Dec 17, 2014
    Far Cry 4 is definitely better than previous game.
    Kyrat is huge and amazing. So many places to explore, do quests,collectibles,fighting factions, Ride a elephant into the battle or bring death from above with new helicopter thingy, hunt animals (with harpoon gun :]) I didn't like new storyline.It's kind of feels like rehashed Far Cry 3 storyline
    Game runs better than AC:U but it still
    Far Cry 4 is definitely better than previous game.

Game runs better than AC:U but it still have some small performance and stutter issues (45-90 fps)
    Just like everyone other Ubisoft title this game has bugs and crashing issues
    Also game gets boring and repetitive really quick (did i ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?
    insanity is doing the exact same **** thing over and over again, expecting **** to change.)
    I stopped playing it after 4-5 hours
  89. Dec 30, 2014
    I have played Far Cry 2, Far Cry 3, Far Cry Blood Dragon and I'm over 25% into Far Cry 4. First I'm going to say this is a SUPERB game on the PC and it's games like Far Cry 4 is why I have a high-end gaming PC! the visuals , the sound, the immersion is absolutely amazing and it's pure escapism and entertainment at its finest!

The game runs extremely smooth on my PC and I have everything

The game runs extremely smooth on my PC and I have everything on Ultra so there is no performance issues. The story line and side quests are amazing and way better than the previous Far Cry games that I have played. Every side quest in Far Cry 4 have so far been a lot of fun where you want to do side quests and you want more of them!

There are a lot of comments where people are saying that Far Cry 4 is basically the same game as Far Cry 3 and some are calling it Far Cry 3.5. What a load of CRAP! Far Cry 4 is Far Cry 4 and is totally different than Far Cry 3. Hell the graphics engine used in Far Cry 4 is different than Far Cry 3 and you can see the difference in details if you have played both. the graphics in Far Cry 4 are simply sublime!

A lot of new game mechanics in Far Cry 4 like the Grapling, Gyrocopter, riding elephants, using animals to help take down outposts etc.

Far Cry 4 is by far the best game release that I have played for 2014. It is a lot of fun and I highly recommend it. Ignore the negative reviews as I doubt they really played the game.
  90. Mar 26, 2015
    Save your money. The PC version of this game is overrated. I'm going to ahve a hard time buying another PC game from Ubisoft after this abortion.

Pros: - (Semi) Open world format is fun - Gameplay is funa t times, when you aren't experiencing a nasty AI or graphics bug - The radio made me laugh a few times, - Decent story line - Decent graphics Cons: - EXTREMELY BUGGY, crashes

Pros:
    - (Semi) Open world format is fun
    - The radio made me laugh a few times,
    - Decent story line
    - Decent graphics

Cons:
    - EXTREMELY BUGGY, crashes in single player mode as well as online play
    - UPLAY IS HORRIBLE, the UI is the worst, it's super buggy, often messages sent to the user make no sense
    - Coop is basically unplayable due to all the bugs (main reason I payed $50 for the game)
    - This game is a dog performance wise. For how good the graphics are (decent), it takes a ton of GPU/CPU to drive it
    - Huge patches still coming in on the regu;ar and they don't seem to fix anything. This weeks was another 2.05 GB, this is the thrid patch I've gotten since January that was over 2GB, and there have been many other smalle rones.
  91. Apr 1, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've never played such a buggy mess before... Screen goes black when you start the game, crtl + tab twice fixes it, the same happens when you go from the options to the main menu. When I turn on Fullscreen, leave options (of course it goes black), its back to windowed mode...
    The aiming with mouse is horrible, playing wth a 360 cntroller works, but it hasn't enough buttons for all actions.
    Sometimes you take damage, when you fall down 1 Meter...

And now to the worst...
    The game sometimes doesn't notice you progressing!
    Right at the beginning, at the first bell tower you get the grapple. I took the grapple, but the game somehow didn't notice this, the grapple was gone and i couldnt use it, because the game didn#t notice that i took it...
    OK... start again... Took the grapple again, worked, climbed up the tower and destroyed the radio thing, nothing happened, current quest is to destroy this thing... game didnt notice, that i destroyed it...
    Ok... start again... 2 times, the third time the game noticed, that i destroyed the thing!
    Good quest complete. I saved the game and closed it.
    After a few hours I started FC4 again. In game I was standing in front of the Grapple, bell tower mission still active!!! Didn't save my progress... I now have given up trying to play this buggy mess...

And btw you are forced to download Uplay and have an account to play FC4. Steam and Uplay must be running in the background for FC4 to "work"...

Don't buy this!
  92. Sep 9, 2015
    Here are the bad design decisions that caused this game to be very frustrating:

- **** save / load system: You cannot save halfway in missions. If you are trying to be stealthy and the last guy alive saw you, you have to start all over again. Last 20 minutes gone to waste. - Cannot replay story missions. I am not even kidding. You have to start a new game if you want to replay a fun
    Here are the bad design decisions that caused this game to be very frustrating:

- Cannot replay story missions. I am not even kidding. You have to start a new game if you want to replay a fun campaign mission.

- Very limited types of enemies: rifle dude, armored rifle dude, sniper, bow dude, rocket dude, flame / machine guy dude. And animals.

Far Cry series is following the steps of Assassin's Creed. Which is same old game dynamics in a slightly different setting. Won't be buying the next Far Cry game that's for sure.
  93. Feb 6, 2016
    Nice makeup for Far Cry 3.
    But come on, it's stupid selling this game as Far Cry 4 like it's something new.
    Even the concept is the same.
    Pirated, played a while a short after I finished Far Cry 3, and then bored and removed.
  94. Nov 20, 2014
    Had to give this game a 0. Looks great, but its just unplayable. The mouse acceleration/deceleration is worse than any game Ive ever seen, and you cant turn it off. Its like your playing a bad Xbox emulator through your pc. I can move my mouse slowly across my entire mouse pad and it barely moves, and that's with the settings set with acceleration off... Don't just take my word for it.Had to give this game a 0. Looks great, but its just unplayable. The mouse acceleration/deceleration is worse than any game Ive ever seen, and you cant turn it off. Its like your playing a bad Xbox emulator through your pc. I can move my mouse slowly across my entire mouse pad and it barely moves, and that's with the settings set with acceleration off... Don't just take my word for it. This problem is all over reddit and everywhere else. read up before you buy this horribly made game so you don't end up burning money like the rest of us did. Expand
  95. Nov 18, 2014
    They took the FC3's best, learned from their mistakes, and made a brilliant game!

Very good optimization, beautiful places, a live breathing world. You can spend hours and hours just messing around without get bored. I remember Far Cry 3, a lot of thing in that game made me get bored within hours of playing it (even though I loved the game) Far Cry 4 has an awesome environment, guns,

and hours just messing around without get bored.
    Far Cry 4 has an awesome environment, guns, AI, and you will be in the middle of random stuff
    happening right in front of you, many times.

You will be surprised in this game.
  96. Nov 18, 2014
    *** Wait for patches ***

30 minutes in - I need to throw meat to advance. I throw meat = crash. I cannot play beyond tutorial. IT FEELS GOOD BUT I CANNOT PLAY. Wait for patches
  97. Nov 19, 2014
    Got the game and the black screen bug fell on me.
    I got no usb stuff plugged in, spent 2 days resolving the issue with no result.
    This 60€ game is broken.
  98. Nov 21, 2014
    "Black screen, black screen all the time"!!
    "Black screen, black screen all the time"!!
    I've bought the so-called “golden edition” of this game from day 1, but I still cannot even start it at all, just “black screen” all the time! There are still no proper solutions for it, and believe me, there are also quite a few people suffer the same issue. UBI has used their computers to make a computer game which cannot even run on lots of computer, UBI is gradually becoming a next “EA” of our time, simply great….
  99. Nov 18, 2014
    I had my doubts to give this game 8 or 9,fair would be 8,5 i think. Basically it's the same old winning formula from Far Cry 3 with improved graphics and much prettier landscapes. Gameplay is rather smooth even on the older rigs like mine. What's lacking here is the story and character development,but these are not reasons to skip this fun game and well,after AC Unity disaster,this is aI had my doubts to give this game 8 or 9,fair would be 8,5 i think. Basically it's the same old winning formula from Far Cry 3 with improved graphics and much prettier landscapes. Gameplay is rather smooth even on the older rigs like mine. What's lacking here is the story and character development,but these are not reasons to skip this fun game and well,after AC Unity disaster,this is a masterpiece regarding Ubisoft!!! Expand
  100. Nov 20, 2014
    This is somewhat Far Cry 3.5 and it's actually not a bad thing. The map is huge, tons of activities, the setting is nice, story is decent. Also what's important it looks pretty and runs well on my mid-range PC, so don't know what others are smoking when complaining about optimization. Absolutely no problems with the game.

I'm giving only 8, because story is only decent, many story line

I'm giving only 8, because story is only decent, many story line quests are good but very disjointed from. But overall it's solid game, especially compared to other bullcrap that came out this year.

1. Feb 1, 2015
    Far Cry 4 takes the best bits of Far Cry 3, puts a new spin on them and drops its troubling racial politics and constrained mission design. The story and characters a bit more lightweight, but the core remains the same. Overall, this is a leaner, meaner Ubi-style open world experience and the best iteration on the franchise.
  2. Feb 1, 2015
    The PC version of Far Cry 4 suffers of some optimization issues, but is still the best looking and performing one.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 5, 2015
    With Far Cry 4 you get what you loved in Far Cry 3 - improved and with some innovations. Playability is great, but it will force you to think of the state of the game industry and everlasting urge of producers to cannibalize their own titles. [Issue#248]