6.0

1. Apr 16, 2018
    No minimap
    annoying bloom effect
    Stupid useless team AI
    everyone constantly shooting at you while you driving.
    weapons feels awful
    single player microtransaction for money

This game is feels really downgraded compared for the older FC games.
    When I play it, it just not feels right

FarCry3 even FarCry 4 was a better game...
  2. Mar 29, 2018
    The original establishment of a personal relationship between the protagonist and the antagonist as seen in Far Cry 3 and far Cry 4 are abandoned for a more linear approach, where the protagonist is simply a mute version of the player. The original formula of taking the fight to the antagonist has been changed into a three-way structure where the player must first work his/her way up theThe original establishment of a personal relationship between the protagonist and the antagonist as seen in Far Cry 3 and far Cry 4 are abandoned for a more linear approach, where the protagonist is simply a mute version of the player. The original formula of taking the fight to the antagonist has been changed into a three-way structure where the player must first work his/her way up the ladder and take down the lieutenants before confronting the main antagonist of the game, Joseph Seed. The player must now work his/her way thought numerous main and side quests, the majority of which boil down to either following an NPC and clearing some area occupied by the enemy, or going to find and retrieve something the individual which gave you the mission has lost or needs.

The story of this game could have been very, very intriguing if it had followed a more focused mission format where the player truly feels the mission which he/she is undertaking is worth their while, and not for the sole purpose of building up enough RP (Resistance Points) to progress in the main story. This interrupts the flow of the game, where when the player finally has progressed far enough to view one or two very thought-provoking cut scenes, ones that make the player truly question the morality of what it is they are doing, the game automatically cuts any chance to dwell on these questions raised by the antagonists and place them back into the open world where they must, once again, build up enough RP via fetch quests and etc to progress further in the story. By the end of the game, the player truly feels like he/she has had enough of the game and simply rushes to complete the story because of how similarly it plays out for each of the three regions.

The map of Hope County has been divided into three separate regions with two islands in the middle. Two or three hours into the game, the player can notice the lack of anything intuiting, where the majority of the land mass is composed of trees and hills, with buildings here and there. The map, because of this, feels very small, and the player cannot help but feel cramped in the roads where he/she will encounter the enemy what feels like every thirty seconds (This is not exaggerated, when the player travels by road, the game truly plays out this way).

The majority of what made the previous two main installments Far Cry games has also been removed for a more simplistic alternatives. Crafting, once a great way to improve ones' player and give them a real, solid reason for them to go out and hunt the diverse wildlife these games has been removed, save a few explosives and homeopathic medicine which can be crafted to aid in the players game play. The mini map has also been replaced with a bar at the top of the player's interface which does not really help with anything, and often fails to highlight key things like collectibles and even vehicles. It does, however, highlight enemies when few have been left in the area where the player is, so he/she may track them down without a problem, but even that comes of little use when the dog companion, Boomer, can simply dag them and make them glow red so they may be visible behind objects and buildings.

Although this game does offer micro-transactions, they never feel as if they come in the way of the player's experience as they are reserved for purely cosmetic purposes, cosmetics which can also be purchased with virtual, in game dollars the player has accumulated over the course of the game.

Overall, Far Cry 5, although it carried nuggets of what could have been a spectacular game, tries too hard to try new things which simply do not pay off. The villain, although an intriguing character which does have valid points of the many things he talks about, is wasted on a mute character which simply stares at him while he is talking and has nothing to say. It is in these times where the silence becomes especially evident the player realizes how great the game could have been if the player were able to communicate with some of the strongest characters in the entire franchise instead of wordlessly absorb everything they say. The reason player found the previous entries so intriguing was because of he odd relationships between the protagonists and the antagonists like the menacing and crazed Vass and Jason Brody, or even Ajay Ghale and the comedic and often times oddly protective Pagan Min. The relationship between the antagonist and the protagonist was what made players want to keep playing these games, listening to the conversations they had with each other and how it reflected their personalizes.

Far Cry 5's biggest problem is the developer's desire to give the player a different experience, one which the players are not willing to partake in because of the numerous flaws the game has as well as the tedium it brings with it which, after finishing the game, just makes them feel like something is missing.
  3. Mar 27, 2018
    The AI is awful with enemies literally shooting at walls endlessly for no reason, crashing their cars almost every time you let them or see them driving. Absolutely no skill required in fighting them. Game can be kind of fun at first but quickly became boring and repetitive. Characters and story are particularly shallow. Could have worked just as well as a Far Cry 4 DLC. Overall it's notThe AI is awful with enemies literally shooting at walls endlessly for no reason, crashing their cars almost every time you let them or see them driving. Absolutely no skill required in fighting them. Game can be kind of fun at first but quickly became boring and repetitive. Characters and story are particularly shallow. Could have worked just as well as a Far Cry 4 DLC. Overall it's not awful, but it's also not really that good. Good sound though. Expand
  4. Mar 27, 2018
    Kind of boring if I am completely honest, theres no direction, some like that, I personally don't, progression doesn't equate to anything, nothing is beneficial from moving forward in the story line, which so far isn't that appealing, I'd love if they went into more detail about the cultist leaders, more of a backstory etc. What happened to them? Where are their parents? How did they beginKind of boring if I am completely honest, theres no direction, some like that, I personally don't, progression doesn't equate to anything, nothing is beneficial from moving forward in the story line, which so far isn't that appealing, I'd love if they went into more detail about the cultist leaders, more of a backstory etc. What happened to them? Where are their parents? How did they begin their journey?
    Enemies are pretty generic as-well, mostly copy pasted versions with different beards.

Crafting has been removed for upgrading stuff like your wallet etc which isn't a good thing imo, hunting is just another way to make money, that's it, of which money doesn't get you much, as there isn't much to actually buy other than the expensive things like vehicles which are just re-skinned versions of one another.

- They removed too many features and didn't replace them with anything interesting to fill the void, hell even more weapons to buy would of been nice as it's lacking pretty bad.

You're simply running around the world mindlessly doing a quest here and there and it just feels bland as you're constantly running into enemies that chase you, like how Police in GTA act when you're at 5 stars.

The perk system is pretty generic, etc more health, more ammo.

The game has so much potential but unfortunately it falls really short, specially the story, it should of been expanded into a more interesting story, but even that feels generic.

Most of the quests are go here, kill these guys etc.

I am extremely disappointed, unfortunately DLC won't even expand upon the main games story-line which could of been so great.

- Value for money is simply not here, I'd wait for a sale if I could go back knowing about the game.
  5. Mar 27, 2018
    Moronic and predictable story. Basically, a Far Cry 4 with different environments and characters thrown around. Microtransactions by the bucket. Game is too easy on any difficulty since AI is non-existent.
    You shoot one guy and others start running towards you mindlessly or just sit around doing nothing.
    Ubisoft knows the recipe by now. Why make a good game every 3-4 years when you can make a lousy one every year for 3-4 years. The money is the same. Other franchises like Assasins Creed and Ghost Recon have suffered the same fate.
    If you want a good game these days, it will most likely come from PS4, that's where most good game developers are now. On the PC side, all we have is Ubisoft, EA and Bethesda churning out garbage year after year.
    I gave the game a 3 for the graphics.
  6. Mar 27, 2018
    Really good game, amazing optimization , gameplay , graphics story, villains and fun and interesting friend characters . For the ones saying its the same as other FAR CRY games , that is the point , the game is full of new things : a new story , world , new animations , vehicles , features , But it remains FAR CRY , the thing I want to play not another series . Also keeping Dunia as anReally good game, amazing optimization , gameplay , graphics story, villains and fun and interesting friend characters . For the ones saying its the same as other FAR CRY games , that is the point , the game is full of new things : a new story , world , new animations , vehicles , features , But it remains FAR CRY , the thing I want to play not another series . Also keeping Dunia as an engine was an amazing choice , the engine looks amazing and this huge game only eats 26 GB of space !! Expand
  7. May 3, 2018
    I love the Far Cry series, and was really looking forward to this one. Unfortunately, disappointed.

First of all, the graphics and artwork is beautiful, no complaints there. But my three largest complaints are save glitches, pacing and repetitiveness. Seems to be no rhyme or reason where I end up when I save. And there have been numerous times where tasks that I've completed weren't

First of all, the graphics and artwork is beautiful, no complaints there.

But my three largest complaints are save glitches, pacing and repetitiveness. Seems to be no rhyme or reason where I end up when I save. And there have been numerous times where tasks that I've completed weren't saved and I had to re-do them. During a hostage situation, I killed the same guy 3 times, saved and when I came back he was there again. Finally gave up and didn't bother.

There's no pacing to this game. You are either attacking or being attacked non-stop. I miss the undisturbed hikes or drives drives in Far Cry 3. It's like they took a map, jumbled up 10 thousand fight/task instances (whether man or animal) and just dropped them on the map.

Too much repetition. How many cars, trucks, roadblocks do you need to take out? Only to have them reappear the next time you're in the area? It's like shooting for shooting's sake.

So although not awful, this game could have been a lot better. Hopefully Ubisoft takes notice of these negative to mixed reviews and goes back to Far Cry's roots for the next game.
  8. Apr 25, 2018
    I'm giving 3 as i had fun in John Seed region. This is more down to earth, with raw rural unfilled gunfight setting and i'm giving great credit a mission where i need to race Nick Rye wife to the labour ward. It was fun. But that's it.

Going round to other region, this suppose to rural folks taking down bunch of mindless cultist turns out to be half baked fantasy, especially confronting Faith seed. Is she really real or just my messed hallucinations?. the story goes bland here.As For Jacob seed, not much as fun but there are few mission (Hurk mission, freeing hostages) as a saving grace.

The ending. Confronting the root of all evil in the game, Joseph Seed. It it all messed up!. You know what i mean when you complete this part, wasted your 30+ hour journey to hunt him down, regardless your choice, it doesn't really matter, you'll ended become his mindless flock anyway. So best choice is to walk away from very beginning of the game makes you wonder, why i need spend $70 for a game when the best part of the deal completes in 10 minutes?. I would recommend to buy if this game is 90% discount. Till then stay away from this game folks.
  9. May 20, 2018
    This game is so damn boring! The AI is some of the worst I have ever seen in a game, it is retarded. Vehicles drive so unrealistically, driving through a rough field is just like diving on a road. The game itself is so simple, no real plot to the game, just go to base, capture base, repeat repeat repeat. I have abandoned it, was just bored out of my mind.
  10. Apr 27, 2018
    The game is like past far cry's, enjoyable and lots to do. The story line is severely lacking, with a poorly thought out story throughout and a deeply unsatisfying ending. Not worth pursuing the story to have no input into the ending at all. Really **** effort Ubisoft!
  11. May 26, 2018
    Sooo boring. Cutscenes ruin gameplay. You want to destroy some enemy bases, but no, you should be kidnapped and sent to watch 15 minutes of cutscenes. 3 out of 10.
  12. Jun 4, 2018
    El juego es absolutamente un paso atrás en la saga Far Cry. Desde el concepto inicial de Far Cry 2 los capítulos han ido perdiendo frescura e innovación. La trama es aburrida y a medida que avanzas tienes ganas de que acabe el juego, pero para dejar de sufrir. Se hace tedioso.

La jugabilidad ha ido haciéndose más casual para llegar a más público y al final tienes como resurtado un juego de ir de aquí para allá haciendo recados absurdos y una historia principal que no interesa ni te mete dentro del juego. Tu personaje es totalmente aséptico. Vamos, una bazofia de juego que os podéis ahorrar. No perdáis el tiempo... Yo caí por las garras del marketing y las reviews que para nada dicen la verdad.

En PC en ULTRA a 4K es bonito. Pero nada más. Un mundo vistoso, pero de cartón piedra. Las físicas y efectos visuales han perdido la brillantez que si ofrecieron en Far Cry 2. ¿2018 y la IA y físicas son de lo peor?

Juego supersobrevalorado. El próximo Far Cry no caeré en la trampa. He aprendido la lección.
  13. ABR
    Jul 7, 2018
    I really loved FC3, FC4, FCP. But FC5 is soulless conveyer junk. Protagonist is voiceless (just to spare time on development and voice acting to play with female hands) zombie without any motivation. Flat characters and very-very-very often respawn of enemies. Do you remember how fun it was to explore the world? Forget it. Ubisoft denies background ambient lately, this fact makes theirI really loved FC3, FC4, FCP. But FC5 is soulless conveyer junk. Protagonist is voiceless (just to spare time on development and voice acting to play with female hands) zombie without any motivation. Flat characters and very-very-very often respawn of enemies. Do you remember how fun it was to explore the world? Forget it. Ubisoft denies background ambient lately, this fact makes their games even less enjoyable. Expand
  14. Apr 28, 2018
    Em algumas horas de jogo já nota-se que o game continuará o declínio da franquia, missões repetitivas e chatas, IA terrível tanto nos inimigos quanto nos aliados. É comum ver inimigos atirando no nada, correndo em direções sem sentido e etc. O mundo não recompensa a exploração, baseia-se nos já conhecidos coletáveis em excesso da Ubisoft. Os personagens não tem carisma algum, inclusive oEm algumas horas de jogo já nota-se que o game continuará o declínio da franquia, missões repetitivas e chatas, IA terrível tanto nos inimigos quanto nos aliados. É comum ver inimigos atirando no nada, correndo em direções sem sentido e etc. O mundo não recompensa a exploração, baseia-se nos já conhecidos coletáveis em excesso da Ubisoft. Os personagens não tem carisma algum, inclusive o vilão, outra tentativa exaustiva de reviver a frieza e a insanidade de Vaas. Se com os inimigos o game falha com os companheiros pior ainda, todos descartáveis e facilmente esquecíveis. Resumindo-o em uma palavra, TEDIOSO. Expand
  15. May 2, 2018
    Lets put bullet points.
    Downgraded from Far Cry 4 graphics and gameplay in every way
    Terrible AI. Smtimes the enemy dnt notice me at all, nd sometimes invisible enemies shoot me down Horrible ending. If they were going for a unexpected ending, they simply disappointed us. Numerous glithes I rate 5 out of ten only for some cool moments and satisfying helicopter fights This game is
    Lets put bullet points.
    Downgraded from Far Cry 4 graphics and gameplay in every way
    Numerous glithes
    I rate 5 out of ten only for some cool moments and satisfying helicopter fights
    This game is just one of the latest among the AAA betrayal trend that is going on

PS if you really want to understand the difference between a great open world FPS and a mediocre one, play Dying Light and the Following. It really surpasses Far Cry 5 in every way.
  16. May 4, 2018
    hello ubisoft your game is sucks and its all filled with and microtransactions its unplayable its better to play with banana from playing your game
  17. May 5, 2018
    The story is the biggest weakness of the game. I would like to give 3 out of 10 for the story. These endings are nothing special yet quite narrow and blend. The plot of this game is not better than Far Cry 2,3, or 4. You don't expect this quality and this kind of storyline from an AAA(pricewise), trigger-happy, and run and gun( and a tiny bit of stealthy) game.

The graphics are as good

The graphics are as good as Far Cry 5 But it requires much stronger pc to run it smoothly. Yet I felt like the map is somewhat empty. all the maps have the same repetetive random encounters, and these are not good enough. when you see one, you handle it in 5 secs and move along.

The music and songs are pretty good. But the sound effects(especially guns) are bad.

There are no unique characters compared to the prequels. Pretty much the same characters.

I would not be surprised if someone introduced that this game was released before Farcry 4.
    This game has got no improvements but degeneration.

It is still a fair game for killing time.
  18. May 5, 2018
    So glad I didn't buy this for myself, Played this on my friends PC and I was sorely disappointed I think they need to stop the far cry series and just let it die. it's just a cash cow now for them and they know certain people will come back to pay and play it. I'm no longer one of those people and I will no longer support this kinda crappy "gameplay"/ "storytelling" Ubisoft no longer putsSo glad I didn't buy this for myself, Played this on my friends PC and I was sorely disappointed I think they need to stop the far cry series and just let it die. it's just a cash cow now for them and they know certain people will come back to pay and play it. I'm no longer one of those people and I will no longer support this kinda crappy "gameplay"/ "storytelling" Ubisoft no longer puts thee effort into this series Just stop please... Expand
  19. May 8, 2018
    The worst farcry ive played. Few weapons, all campaign missions you are captured and run (yes literally every mission) boring atmosphere and theme, useless main antagonist
  20. May 12, 2018
    The worst Far Cry. I've been playing Far Cry since third part. It seems that the game goes down. There are some positive moments:
    1: Aviation. I was glad to drive a plane and helicopter! it was really needed in the past.
    2: Teammates. Awesome to play with them. There were no stupid natives with simple guns. Let's admit that in past parts they were cannon fodder for your enemies. 3:
    3: Fishing. Aw yeah, that's really good thing. Shooting can annoy. It is really relaxing.
    4: Prepper Stashes. Interesting mini-quests.
    Negative moments:
    1: Who is the main character? It seems that i'm playing for a robot without emotions, problems, his own history, type of character, thoughts. It is bot which we just control. That's awful!
    2: Against whom we play?? I can't feel any emotions against! No hate, no anger. Lets compare with Far Cry 3. I hated Vaas and Hoyt. In fourth it was Yuma. Here is no one to hate.
    3: Millions of stupid enemies everywhere. I can't simply drive a car because every 100 meters i am under attack. That's really annoying.
    4: Sniper rilfes are awful. The problem is that they are neccesary.
    5: So big map and so small number of outposts. It is interesting to take them. [Subjectively]
    Conclusion:
    It is dissapointing that the great series of games is degrading. If we could sum the gameplay in Far Cry 5 (without sniper rilfes) and plot in Far Cry 3, the result would be awesome. I wish Ubisoft will make the awesome sixth part. I will wait for it
    P.S. Sorry for my English :D
  21. May 12, 2018
    Mediocre at best. The AI, even at the hardest setting is awful and stupid half the time or awful and all seeing the other half. The pre-release co-op feature turned out a big hoax and was nothing like what I consider a fully cooperative game to be.
    It's a really sloppy job that Ubisoft has done here. I've played most games in the FC series and this one comes out as the worst. Love the setting though! Too bad they left it so empty of content and with repetetive and boring gameplay...
  22. May 17, 2018
    Pros:
    - Guns feel satisfying
    - World looks and sounds great - A few interesting side missions Cons: - Story is **** what" category - game aggresively forces you into story, doesn't give a **** about you doing something else - too many enemy spawns everywhere - serious downgrade to detail compared to previous far cry games - bland npcs that you grow to hate for wasting your time
    Pros:
    - Guns feel satisfying
    - World looks and sounds great
    - A few interesting side missions

Cons:
    - Story is **** what" category
    - too many enemy spawns everywhere
    - serious downgrade to detail compared to previous far cry games
    - bland npcs that you grow to hate for wasting your time
    - quest givers keep getting distracted while talking to you by **** everything
    - some horrendeous bugs, day night cycle stuck, quest stuck, saving stuck etc
    - gets repetative and heavily bogged down by doing the same ****
    - It's very one-dimensional compared to previous games
    - this list could probably go on if I had more time to waste on this garbage

It's the worst Far Cry yet, don't pay for this trash.
  23. May 22, 2018
    Far cry 5 looks and sounds great but the gameplay is just mediocre. The game on hard difficulty is not hard, this is because the enemy AI is really awful. You can also unlock/loot powerful weapons way to early in the game, and when you buy a attack helicopter there is not much competition left and you can run/fly and gun all through the game. Sure you can make it harder yourself by usingFar cry 5 looks and sounds great but the gameplay is just mediocre. The game on hard difficulty is not hard, this is because the enemy AI is really awful. You can also unlock/loot powerful weapons way to early in the game, and when you buy a attack helicopter there is not much competition left and you can run/fly and gun all through the game. Sure you can make it harder yourself by using only the bow and use stealth, but it is just not good game design, they should have made it much harder to get all the good weapons and vehicles.

The story line is average at best, you only get to see the main bad guys/bosses in a couple of cutscenes that tell you the story and that's it.Ubisoft made a very big map with way to much repetitive missions, A lot of quest just repeat the same stuff over and over, kill something over here, get something over there, and the map is packed with enemies, you can't walk for 2 minutes or there are enemies coming for you, it's just to much.
    instead they should look at games like Yakuza 6, it has a way smaller map/world, but with lots of interesting stuff to do, and also a better way of telling the story.

I should have known better this being a Far cry/Ubisoft game, but I guess for the casual gamer this game is awesome, and they just keep selling this junk. For gamers that expect a challenge a good story and good and fun gameplay, stay away from this game!!!!
  24. May 25, 2018
    I don't know why I keep playing these awful ubisoft games. Far cry primal was garbage, assassin's creed is garbage, why did I think this would be any different?

I mean sure the gunplay is fun for an hour or two until you realize you're playing a game with a terrible story and an open world that is filled with nothing but pointless collectibles to grind solely for imaginary achievements.

Repetitive garbage like their last dozen games.

You'd think they'd work on making good dialogue, filling their open worlds with actual fun things to do, better stories, or even better pacing with the action after they worked out solid gunplay mechanics. Nope, not ubisoft.

Here's 1 for the decent shooting mechanics. That's all these games ever have.
  25. Jun 10, 2018
    Ubisoft thinks that they've hit the secret formula with Far Cry 3 and now both Far Cry and AC series feel the same. Not only that they cling to medicore formula they've even downgraded stuff like sound of guns is worse than in FC3, very boring and souless game that is simple as if they're assuming that average gamer has 70IQ form Ubisoft, this is one is not exception.
  26. Jul 4, 2018
    In short: Great marketing! A Nothing new, already known experience in a new graphic 's coat with fun character lore. In game everything is done before with a stale shooter envoirement.
    Smooth FPS though, didnt encounter any bugs for as far as i played it... (not long)

Nothing realy new added to the franchise. Same useless perks and aimbot enemy mechanics. The AI is off putting and feels not interesting at all. I was done after playing it for 7 hours or so. Really boring. it Added nothing new to the franchise. NOTHING i havent seen before. Sad..

This will most definitly be the last titel i buy in this franchise.
  27. Jul 10, 2018
    I'd like to start with some positives the game has before I get into the negatives....
    - The gun play is really polished, feels like an true tactical shooter when you are in combat.
    - The graphics are incredible, along with great sounds to compliment them. Now to start with the many negatives associated with this game... - The story is dry, you spend so little time with the characters
    - The graphics are incredible, along with great sounds to compliment them.
    Now to start with the many negatives associated with this game...
    - The story is dry, you spend so little time with the characters associated with the region you are currently in that when something happens to them you don't find yourself caring too much.
    - The combat gets repetitive after the first 5 hours because the game tosses you into fights that are extremely similar to past engagements and the buggy AI doesn't make for a tough challenge (Most enemies will run into your bullets or will take cover with their head poking out for you to shoot).
    - The railroad interactions with the antagonists are aggravating since you can't fight back (Jacob's region kidnaps you by hitting you with a sleeping dart that you can't see coming).
    - There is no crafting (which some people may like, but it is a dislike for me because it added to the game), very few guns to buy (only 2 viable AR's, the other AR's are not extremely effective, they are mostly there for "fun").
    - There are so many side quests and side activities thrown at you at once that you are overwhelmed with the amount of fights in front of you that you may feel like you don't know which direction to go.
    - Finally the ending makes you feel like you wasted all your time saving the people of Hope County no matter which decision you make at the end.
    Overall a pretty bad game considering what is on the market right now.
  28. Apr 20, 2018
    It's pretty, yes. And the story is not bad either. I endured the game for a few hours until I got to the Testy Festy mission. In the barn where the truck/trailer is, there is an air compressor against the back wall. I shot at its tank which spouted flaming jets, which in turn caught the barn on fire. The air compressor. That's when I decided this game was not for me. What kind ofIt's pretty, yes. And the story is not bad either. I endured the game for a few hours until I got to the Testy Festy mission. In the barn where the truck/trailer is, there is an air compressor against the back wall. I shot at its tank which spouted flaming jets, which in turn caught the barn on fire. The air compressor. That's when I decided this game was not for me. What kind of people develop these games? Expand
  29. Apr 21, 2018
    Bad AI,bad spawns,repetitive gameplay..Only fun thing is the coop mode,but it gets boring in 2-3 hours,too.
  30. Apr 25, 2018
    Un juego regulero. Algo aburrido y sin historia. Mucho humo y poca pasión. Me gustó mucho mas el far cry 4 o incluso el 3.
  31. Apr 26, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Not the best. Ending was pretty disappointing, especially that nuclear ending, what?! They tried to do something creative and fun but they f#$ked up. Joseph doesn't die in any of these endings. Basically it's Far Cry 4 with different environment. At least they learned bad guys also can win. Expand
  32. Apr 27, 2018
    Безумно глупый сюжет.Концовка ещё глупее.
  33. May 21, 2018
    STORY: 2/10
    - Poor characterization: The main character's job is to complete a mission --> get captured or high --> get tortured --> get free => Repeat!!!
    - ALL ENDINGS ARE DISAPPOINTING: This is a big reason to not play this game. Nothing you do actually matters in the game. GAMEPLAY: 6/10 - Worst AI: The AI has not improved since Farcry 3. The AI is too easy to trick and not
    STORY: 2/10

GAMEPLAY: 6/10
    - Worst AI: The AI has not improved since Farcry 3. The AI is too easy to trick and not tactful enough. If you had fun
    +/- The mini-games are fun but they become too grindy after a bit.
    + Guns are all interesting and diverse and fun to play with.
    + You get AI teammates that are fun but often act poorly.
    +/- Skill tree is the there. Nothing new.
    - Enemy spawns are to close to the player in areas that take you out of the game.

GRAPHICS: 8/10: I love the artistic style of this game

SOUND: 8/10 The sound reflex the tone on the game and integrate nicely with the game.
  34. May 27, 2018
    Truly boring and repetitive. Surely the worst Far Cry of the whole series, with a stupid AI; graphically mediocre, and with a total absence of physics. The plot is trivial and completely unreal, enemies on every street corner, planes that follow you throughout the map, nullifying any stealth approach. In short, avoid it like a virus, or if you really want to play it, buy it when at most itTruly boring and repetitive. Surely the worst Far Cry of the whole series, with a stupid AI; graphically mediocre, and with a total absence of physics. The plot is trivial and completely unreal, enemies on every street corner, planes that follow you throughout the map, nullifying any stealth approach. In short, avoid it like a virus, or if you really want to play it, buy it when at most it will cost 10 euros. Expand
  35. May 30, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ok, so I just started playing and admit I could only make it through to the first safe house with the bald man before I wanted to come start this review, I'll update it later but something already glaring in my mind I wanted to get off my chest. The graphics are pretty cool so far, and im enjoying myself..so I'll give it a 7/10 to begin with. However, as of right now the story already starts off making 0 sense. Small spoiler ahead...You start off going to arrest a guy with a federal warrant whose surrounded by a bunch of cultists with guns in a compound...you have a local sheriff with you that fills in the lead US marshal that the guy you're going to arrest is a cult leader, has heavy followers with guns, and pleads with you to reconsider as its going to be dangerous...LETS STOP RIGHT THERE. First off, you're a FEDERAL Marshal, therefor you have a FEDERAL boss that would be expecting you to check in at some point. When the local sheriff announces all these problems to you, a FEDERAL agent would def. call in backup to begin with. So the whole "nobodies coming to save you" and 4 people going in to arrest this cult leader makes 0 sense..the national guard/army/swat team would have been called in for backup. Story fails from beginning, so i'm taking off 3 ticks for that alone. I'll update this when/if I ever finish this already ridiculous story or anything else starts to deduct from my now 7/10 score. Thanks. **update** I've removed 2 bars (now 5/10) due to starting to see all the repetitive filler added for nothing other than some joker's idea of "content" or "fun". Also the enemy AI is pathetic...its literally a 0 challenge effort on the dev's part. This series needs a long break or wait 2-3 years in between and add worthwhile content. Expand
  36. May 30, 2018
    Got boring honestly, some parts are fun, most are boring, after all your work the ending will just disappoint.
  37. Jun 20, 2018
    3rd and FINALE update on my Far Cry 5 Review

///////////////////////////////////// Story ////////////////////////////////////////// - **** endings - Dump Buddies - Lame weapon Variety - Death from Above takedown isn't working right , sometimes you get it , sometimes you fall like an idiot. how come Far Cry 3 (and 4) don't suffer from the same issue? But that's not what I'm mad
    3rd and FINALE update on my Far Cry 5 Review

- **** endings
    - Dump Buddies
    - Lame weapon Variety
    an idiot. how come Far Cry 3 (and 4) don't suffer from the same issue?

But that's not what I'm mad at, it's the god damn enemy AI that has stupid IQ that doesn't make sense .... AT ALL.
    Yea, it's easy to defeat them bla bla, but when it comes to fully take outpost stealthily it's nearly impossible in this game:
    - Enemy AI seems to be aware if someone was killed by a thowing knife
    - Enemy AI has one ridicilous Eyesight when it comes to detecting you sneaking around.
    They spot you by looking half way to you, they seem to spot you from mere pixels. and some
    suppressors are not good enough from the Enemies high advance hearing skills.
    - They'll know if their buddy's being killed by a suppressored shotgun.
    - One enemy type (VIP CULT GUY) , seems to have for some reason the armor of heavy type,
    even thou he doesn't seem to wear anything remotaly to an ACTUAL ARMOR. he just takes a
    bullet to the head like Nothing
    - I know that I playing on Hard , but sometimes you get spotted after being glared for half a
    second. Why do Far Cry 4 and 3 have better AI than this ****
    That's just the start but I'll stop by saying that your Buddy AI , ironically , seems to be more dump than anyone, it takes them a LOOOONNGGG time to kill a simple target that is standing right next to them

///////////////////////////////////// Multiplayer and Map Editor (and coop) //////////////////////////////////////////
    Far Cry Arcade - ........ this is the worst FPS PvP online multiplayer ever created in gaming
    Why ?! well lets state the obvious issues:

- No default maps / only custom maps created by players.
    This is a critical flaw. Your game has so many mechanics it can mixed and modded by your
    amazing Devs , but you would rather be lazy and let the users do the work for you ?
    Well sadly , if you're looking a BALANCED match in this game, then sadly you'll barely find any.
    The hardest part for me is that I can see the potential from this mode, buts it's wasted and used by a mix of global creators that can create **** matches and decent ones.
    COME ON UBISOFT !! You know you can create some good maps for any1 to have fun ! and by
    that I mean fun in a balanced match.
    - TTK and headshots just don't mix well - You can fire around 20-30 bullets and kill , but luckily shoot once in the head and BANG DROP DEAD ! This is a bad mix of Halo with CS:GO.
    I can't tell you the last time I wasn't killed by a headshot. add up the stupid Aim Down Sights
    feature and you got yourself an abomination of Halo + CS:GO + Cod. don't forget you can
    "stealth kill" if you 360 the enemy faster than he turning around.

The only good thing about this game is the Coop/Solo feature to play Custom Levels.
    Play custom Outposts to take over , or anything else it's fun as hell.

//////////////////////// OVERALL /////////////////////////////////////
    I give this game a 6/10
    They're A-LOT of issues I didn't mention , but I believe I pointed out the most critical ones to why this games just falls hard in the ground

Shame that Far Cry 3 , is still the best.
    - Amazing Simple player and story mode
    - AI with Common sence !!!
    - A good multiplayer
    - A Fully established Coop mode with it's personal story. - Oh , I forgot about this, better weaponry !!!
  38. Jul 4, 2018
    Game play is fine, some content is ok. Lots of Nose Bleed scenes that happen regardless of skill or game play. The drug induced cult Wins in every option, so why even play the game? Played all endings, every one left me sick. I knew what was going to happen half way though the game even took out specific targets not in quests, in hopes to get a fav option, but alas much like gettingGame play is fine, some content is ok. Lots of Nose Bleed scenes that happen regardless of skill or game play. The drug induced cult Wins in every option, so why even play the game? Played all endings, every one left me sick. I knew what was going to happen half way though the game even took out specific targets not in quests, in hopes to get a fav option, but alas much like getting raped in FC4 this game is just as horrible, except your mentally "raped" by uncontrolled conditions multiple times throughout the game. I need a money back option. I will never buy another Far Cry game - fool me twice - shame on me. Expand
  39. Jul 17, 2018
    trailer: the best combat expiriance you will ever receive from a video game... seriusly? at any difficulty the enemies are too easily killed. the game its like kill or be killed... graphics are awesome for the performance the game feels dull. like too dull. i really tried to like the game but i didnt make it. story sucks. i mean your character was alive as rock. he couldnt speak. ???? howtrailer: the best combat expiriance you will ever receive from a video game... seriusly? at any difficulty the enemies are too easily killed. the game its like kill or be killed... graphics are awesome for the performance the game feels dull. like too dull. i really tried to like the game but i didnt make it. story sucks. i mean your character was alive as rock. he couldnt speak. ???? how am i supposed to feel anything like that? they added animals and ccompanions but i believe they could develop them a bit further. but again when the enemies are like this it doesnt really matter how you kill them. it feels no satisfaction Expand
  40. Jul 31, 2018
    It's a sandbox that can be fun at times and in small doses. The graphics engine was almost perfected with Far Cry 4, but with Far Cry 5 it just lacks any real depth. The lightning and post-processing has taken a completely wrong turn, making the game uncomfortable to look at in various conditions. The mechanics have been dumbed down so much that it feels like there's no reward for doingIt's a sandbox that can be fun at times and in small doses. The graphics engine was almost perfected with Far Cry 4, but with Far Cry 5 it just lacks any real depth. The lightning and post-processing has taken a completely wrong turn, making the game uncomfortable to look at in various conditions. The mechanics have been dumbed down so much that it feels like there's no reward for doing anything. The story is completely uninspiring and is for the most part way too predictable. I loved Far Cry 3. Far Cry 4 was OK, but a step down. Far Cry 5 is a major disappointment in almost all aspects. The game is so repetitive and boring that I struggled with wanting to finish the game. Expand
  41. Aug 8, 2018
    Nice graphics, Dunia engine is really great. And thats about all. Game is dumb as hell, boring combat, terrible writing and story so MEHHHHH ... no comment. Vehicles controls are just uber atrocious, especially planes = first boss is real nightmare (btw game is quite stupid easy, on hardest difficulty, besides impossible controls of certain vehicles).
    Might be fun in multiplayer, but i
    Might be fun in multiplayer, but i dont really care. Far Cry was allways single player thing for me, and when i want multiplayer, i still prefer mmos over anything else. Not this. And it should not destroy singleplayer experience.
    Playing this, just feels completely pointless. And not only because of dumbest ending in whole gaming history.
    3 for really nice graphics, rest is 0.
  42. Sep 14, 2018
    Pior far cry .. custei a zerar pq era muito chato.. a unica coisa que presta são os graficos
  43. Apr 13, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really really liked the game and I really like the co-op ability. The world is a blast to run around in and the mission structure is so seamlessly good that you get caught up in just running around helping people, fishing and base jumping etc. But oh the ending(s) were SO spineless and predictable that it shaved at least 2-3 off of the score. I really hate games that let's you run free in an open world without letting you feel forced into doing stuff. This ending was just up there with Dying Light where the ending was so bad and linear that it ruined the re-playability of the game FC5's endings just felt wrong and contrived and so obvious that they would do it this way that I actually didn't want to do this last leader mission as I knew it would ruin the game. Expand
  44. Apr 22, 2018
    Awesome cinematics dignifying a 2018 AAA game, appropriate map size, any charismatics characters, and no more. Throughout the game experience, you feel a deja vu sense from the very beginning of the game, there is not practically innovation from the Far Cry 3 and 4 releases, missions are repetitive and boring, and after fulfilling it achievements you do not experience any gratification, itAwesome cinematics dignifying a 2018 AAA game, appropriate map size, any charismatics characters, and no more. Throughout the game experience, you feel a deja vu sense from the very beginning of the game, there is not practically innovation from the Far Cry 3 and 4 releases, missions are repetitive and boring, and after fulfilling it achievements you do not experience any gratification, it is like: go there and kill this guy, go back and pick up this item....This game has no soul and despite not being a bad game it is the worst Far Cry released. Expand
  45. Apr 22, 2018
    A great game till you realize there is no sense in playing

The game's story is interesting up to one point, it is not very serious unfortunately. The gameplay can become repetitive. What is especially annoying is when you are taken several times no matter what you are doing in the game. You will be marked and randomly taken. To say something good about the gameplay is that we have
    A great game till you realize there is no sense in playing

The gameplay can become repetitive. What is especially annoying is when you are taken several times no matter what you are doing in the game. You will be marked and randomly taken. To say something good about the gameplay is that we have great main missions with good ideas.
    The characters can be great, you have a nearly clear line of good and bad. In a way the bad characters can be observed as also good, depends on how you look at it. There is always an explanation of why the characters are acting in the way they do. We have funny, serious, lovable and broken characters, a good mix.
    Graphics are good and the music is just astounding, even if there are not a lot of songs.

All in all, I enjoyed the game up until the ending when I felt I did everything for nothing. That's why in my opinion it isn't serious enough. I still give 7 out of 10 because it is overall enjoyable.
  46. May 1, 2018
    It's a lot of fun to play in the open world and the gameplay mechanics are fantastic, but the story kidnaps you and railroads you into a very strange narrative which doesn't really fit all that well with the rest of the gameplay experience. The open-world experience is quite "happy-go-lucky" and a lot like Just Cause in tone. But then you're kidnapped at several points in the story andIt's a lot of fun to play in the open world and the gameplay mechanics are fantastic, but the story kidnaps you and railroads you into a very strange narrative which doesn't really fit all that well with the rest of the gameplay experience. The open-world experience is quite "happy-go-lucky" and a lot like Just Cause in tone. But then you're kidnapped at several points in the story and railroaded into these serious doom and gloom religious monologues. It's just jarring, tedious, unbelievable and takes control away from the player. And the ending sucks, it completely disregards any choice you've made before the ending and makes the rest of the game more or less irrelevant. And it's not exactly a good ending either. In fact, I disliked the ending so much I didn't even want to continue playing the game afterwards. Out of the 4 main antagonists the one I liked the most was faith, and her corner of the world was also the one I enjoyed the most. The dreams sequences with her, and also how the world became a hallucination, was quite fun so there was some potential here. But overall the story is a big, big let down, Far Cry 3 and Vaas is still the best Far Cry villain and story arc. Expand
  47. May 30, 2018
    to sum it up: the gfx is top notch for 2018 but things are killing it for me in this game:

1. you as the player is almost god-like and very hard to be killed by your own grenades/explosives and also require a lot of bullets to retire. not as for your enemy is too easy to kill! 2. the religious baboons have only 2 kinds of npc. posture, faces, figures, is all the same which, is kinda

2. the religious baboons have only 2 kinds of npc. posture, faces, figures, is all the same which, is kinda let's say unreal and boring to shoot at. 2-0-1-8 no less!!

3. stop deciding for us which keyboard keys we can use and which we cant! (capslock been disabled for me in this game and i use that for crouching!!! a-s-d > capslock)

4. make a dayhlight/nighttime length slider (5,10,20,30 minutes) in game options so we can decide how long the daylight lives and dies.

5. all npc's when you punch them they die, why don't you make is a random generated strength that some die instantly and others are much more problem to deal with and some fall and run away, some pretend to die and then come after you, some try to grab your gun/rifle and a fight scene happens! or they come from behind (one or a group) whenever this is possible (don't be boring!!!)

6. UBISOFT don't you ever forget. Where we all came from, developers and artists. We all love games. good games, rememberable games, funny games, enlightening games, inspirational games..

UBISOFT: MAKE IT HAPPY AND HAPPY, WILL COME ACROSS YOUR PATH TOO! ($$$$$)
  48. Jun 5, 2018
    Well its not better than FC3 or even FC4 , the game is too repetitive, the AI is really bad, the environment that many people says its beautiful is almost the same the entire game. The first 6 hours you may be having fun but then you realize that ubisoft is making the same game over and over since 2012...
  49. Jun 9, 2018
    The story is kind of a mess. Gameplay is very buggy and inconsistent. Having finished it, I can't say I had a lot of fun with it.
  50. mrq
    Jun 15, 2018
    First off, this game is absolutely beautiful. Loved the world, the detail, but... the story really doesn't sit right with me. I get the whole nihilistic thing, but it was just handled poorly by Ubisoft.

I also detested the cutscenes. Nearly everything you did generated the points that drove the meter forward to the next "kidnapping". You weren't even halfway done with an area and, boom, you were fighting the boss. You had no control over when it would happen, you couldn't run away, and there was no solid reason for why you woke up in one spot 10 miles away, except some twinkling lights, or an arrow to the leg. Frustrating.

There were some great stories in each area, but the game moved so fast I didn't feel like I had a chance to enjoy them. You can still finish the quests after the finale, but trust me, you won't want to. I don't, the impetus isn't there without the threat of the boss and his minions hanging over me. Another testament to the "nothing matters" mantra of the game; you don't even want to play it again...

Oh, and props to Ubisoft for making a antagonist that I so thoroughly despised that every time I saw his face I wanted him dead.
  51. Jun 17, 2018
    The AI ruined the game for me. For a 2018 game it is just awful. It ruined the whole experience. I cannot recommend this game. Also, the Hours of darkness dlc has even worst AI than the base game (do not know how) and it is very boring and 3 hours long.
  52. Sep 13, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the first time I stopped playing a game with nice gameplay because of the story. The endless kidnappings, cliches and making the player do stupid stuff basically feels like a big f*ck you to the players from the writers. Running around Montana is fun but then suddenly you get magically kidnapped so you can sit tied to a chair and listen to a baddie ramble on for 10 minutes. And that happens around 10 times in the game. I would alt+f4 when a kidnapping sequence was starting because I couldn't handle it. I've been a fan of the series for a long time but this was probably the last Far Cry I will buy. Expand
  53. Sep 16, 2018
    One of the dullest stories in any FPS I've played. Too many characters. The best cutscenes were the ones I could skip. Written to be unoffensive and banal.

Only played through due to the cool setting - America - and the good gunplay and vehicles.
  54. Sep 30, 2018
    I really didn't enjoy this game. The gun play is fine - but it all feels so pointless.

* Uplay - ended up crashing my game, doesn't integrate with Steam properly * Micro-transactions * No steam achievements * Ok graphics - but about the same as Far Cry 4 * I didn't feel any connection with the characters * Sense of humour didn't work for me * Characters voice overs often

* Uplay - ended up crashing my game, doesn't integrate with Steam properly
    * Micro-transactions
    * No steam achievements
    * Ok graphics - but about the same as Far Cry 4
    * I didn't feel any connection with the characters
    * Sense of humour didn't work for me
    * Characters voice overs often inappropriate and don't match the animations in terms of the passion in the voice compared to no movement in the animated character.
  55. Oct 19, 2018
    AS per usual the far cry franchise gives you a huge and wonderful sandbox with a large number of activities and few restrictions on how you accomplish your objectives. The main story has never been a feature of the games (exception being Far Cry 2, fantastic story), this narrative and especially the endings are extra cringy this time around. Really disappointing given how hard they workedAS per usual the far cry franchise gives you a huge and wonderful sandbox with a large number of activities and few restrictions on how you accomplish your objectives. The main story has never been a feature of the games (exception being Far Cry 2, fantastic story), this narrative and especially the endings are extra cringy this time around. Really disappointing given how hard they worked to make the narrative/story be the center stage Expand
  56. Nov 13, 2018
    In spite of the predictable and lavish reviews heaped on Far Cry 5 by the shills in the mainstream media this game is in most respects a disappointment.

Like so many big budget games and films these days its all top show with nothing of consequence under the hood. On the upside it has heaps of eye candy. Environments, people and weapons are beautifully rendered. It offers a big sandpit of the world to explore too with lots of weapons to use and vehicles to interact with.

You will probably find the first couple of hours of game play quite enjoyable but if you are anything like me deja vu will set in quite early on. This is a repetitive title where you do the same thing over and over again until you build up enough skills and weapons to take on the "boss" characters.

This game would have actually benefited from being shorter and having a more linear story. I know a lot of people **** about this but unlike a lot of sword and sandal titles this one simply does not have the variety to take this approach and make it work.

That said this could have been forgiven were it not for this games biggest shortcomings, it controls. Controls in Far Cry 5 once you stop beyond the basics of movement and weapons is truly truly awful. Some of the worst I have ever seen. It has a clumsy interface that attempts to remove the need for key binding but the interface you access in its place is so complex and hard to use it severely limits game play and is nothing short of an exercise in utter frustration. Its like they looked at Windows 8 and took its very worst interface elements and integrated them into this game.

In summary this is a repetitive, trudging bore fest, made worse by piss poor horribly counter intuitive interface design and extended controls that no amount of eye candy can fix.

3/10 from me.
  57. 4y4
    Nov 14, 2018
    Beautiful graphics but awful gameplay. Repetitive missions, shallow story and stupid AI.
  58. Nov 23, 2018
    Мир этой игры такой же заполненный как очко в моем туалете, после того как я сходил посрать.
  59. Dec 11, 2018
    Спасибо за кинцо, жаль, что я хотел поиграть в игру.
    За примерно 30 минут от начала игры, мне удалось поиграть от силы 2-3 минуты, все остальное время я смотрел на совершенно глупые и бессмысленные кадсцены, которые могли уместиться в два предложения текста на экране заставки.
    Спасибо за кинцо, жаль, что я хотел поиграть в игру.
    Это игры, а не фильм, зачем вы мне показываете 30 минут поставленные кадры, при этом не даете возможность скипнуть эту дичь?
    Мне неинтересен ваш примитивный сюжет, я играть хочу.
  60. Apr 4, 2018
    The game is... so lala. The gameplay itself is horrid fun, no doubt about that, but the story... such potential, wasted by bad writing. And the endings are seriously bad. Just... after having sat through first was was supposed to be the 'bad' enging and then the 'good' ending afterwards, I've lost all interest to play this game for a while. At this point, I consider the bad ending theThe game is... so lala. The gameplay itself is horrid fun, no doubt about that, but the story... such potential, wasted by bad writing. And the endings are seriously bad. Just... after having sat through first was was supposed to be the 'bad' enging and then the 'good' ending afterwards, I've lost all interest to play this game for a while. At this point, I consider the bad ending the good/canon one, ignoring the twist at the very end.
    Add to that a couple of annoying bugs and the presence of Microtransactions, and I am really not impressed by the game. I was so certain I'd by the seasons pass after finishing the main story, but now I most certainly wont.
  61. Apr 10, 2018
    The game doesn't do anything horribly wrong, but is somehow boring. I remember FarCry 3 being the first game where I didn't skip the cutscenes because the story and the characters were actually that good, I tried to avoid skipping any in this game as well, but some of them are just extremely boring. "Muh helpless civilians, bad guys blabla..." You have too many different people so youThe game doesn't do anything horribly wrong, but is somehow boring. I remember FarCry 3 being the first game where I didn't skip the cutscenes because the story and the characters were actually that good, I tried to avoid skipping any in this game as well, but some of them are just extremely boring. "Muh helpless civilians, bad guys blabla..." You have too many different people so you don't get (nor want) to know the story of them. The scenes I liked most were the ones including the main characters because I was curious about the reasons for the cult etc.
    Some of the good things of previous games like the map, the UI, the driving and weapon handling are still fine, but I haven't really noticed any meaningful improvements. In contrast to other Far Cry games I hated the missions. The little battles with bad guys on the roads or outposts were the best experience. The mechanics with plants, animals and skillpoints are still there but not as important gameplay elements like they used to be.
    The first hour of gameplay on the starting island was amazing but the rest was kind of lackluster. I didn't really feel any motivation to keep on playing except for the 60€ the game cost.
    Don't get me wrong, it still is a good game and you are going to have fun for sure, but it simply can't hold a candle to FC3, which, to this day, is still one of my favourite games and one of the few that I could really immerse myself into, sadly this storyline was rather superficial.
  62. Apr 9, 2018
    A great looking far cry game spoilt by forced cutscenes that are just people delivering monologues and a cynical ending.
  63. Apr 15, 2018
    The story and cutscene dialogue is very bland, slow and boring. Seems they hired the dialogue writers from the walking dead, thank god they added a skip cutscene buttons.

Graphics and modify the guns was great. Gameplay was fun at start, but towards the end the feeling of "please let it end soon" was creeping in, Farcry has ubisofts standard openworld system, where it can be quite rinse and repeatish after a while.

A huge plus was the posibility to play the campaingstory with a friend, without that I probably wouldn't finished the game.

In short: Fun to play with a friend but solo it is boring.
  64. Apr 1, 2018
    Открытый мир и неплохие текстуры окружения, больше ничего в этой игре интересного нет. Сюжет пустой, всё тупо сводится к отстрелу тупых NPC и выполнению однотипных заданий. Появились напарники, но играть лучше с другом, так как NPC напарники тоже тупые. Far Cry 3 мне больше понравился, там хоть сюжет более проработан был, а тут только красивая картинкаОткрытый мир и неплохие текстуры окружения, больше ничего в этой игре интересного нет. Сюжет пустой, всё тупо сводится к отстрелу тупых NPC и выполнению однотипных заданий. Появились напарники, но играть лучше с другом, так как NPC напарники тоже тупые. Far Cry 3 мне больше понравился, там хоть сюжет более проработан был, а тут только красивая картинка
  65. Apr 3, 2018
    First off the actual game play itself is not too bad, in fact I'd say it's on top with the top AAA games out today. That's unfortunately where I believe it ends for Far Cry 5. Following the success of Far Cry 3 and the memorable antagonist Ubisoft have basically made the series about the antagonists, so much so that in Far Cry 5 there is actually zero back story to the character you play,First off the actual game play itself is not too bad, in fact I'd say it's on top with the top AAA games out today. That's unfortunately where I believe it ends for Far Cry 5. Following the success of Far Cry 3 and the memorable antagonist Ubisoft have basically made the series about the antagonists, so much so that in Far Cry 5 there is actually zero back story to the character you play, you're just known as "Rookie" or "Rook", the story is about the bad guys as usual not about you.

The AI isn't perfect by a long shot, and in fact at times have proven to be more of a liability by getting in the way, starting a gun fight when we're supposed to be quiet and just generally getting in the way. There really isn't too much going into the back story of any of you're "companions" either, all you'll basically know is there names, a small piece about them and what the specials are.

The enemy AI has eagle eyed vision, they literally can see you from a mile off at times way before you see them, considering you're the one approaching it's a bit unfair at times. Especially when the game decides to drop you smack in the middle of a bunch of mobs.

Faith's area frustrated me greatly, i get the whole drug area but I should be concerned about being spotted, or killed by peggies not having to keep one eye open just in case a bear decides to spawn next to me, kinda spoilt it a little. Also some NPC's have bugged and not done what they were supposed to be doing (ie instead of using the radio at the tower I escorted him to he just stood there) so I've had to reload from the last checkpoint a number of times.

Until you've liberated an area going along the road is just too much trouble, I once stent 20 minutes trying to get out of an area I've fast travelled to because there was several patrols and a bunch of planes all in that area.

No actual online co-op aside from having people on your friends list? Kinda **** considering you can make your own maps, you have a pvp section and all to me that's a big piece missing. If they are planning on adding this then they need to do this now because in a months time we're going to be playing something else.

At least it doesn't rape your CPU like Origin's does.
  66. Apr 4, 2018
    So i've completed the Game within 10 hours.

Bought a legitimate copy, not pirated. But now i wish, i did not buy it. The Story itself is nice and i like it but a lot of things ruin the fun for me. Clutch Nixon missios are beyond stupid and annoying. The Game forces you to do the main plot, at a given % of one region liberated it forces you to fight the bosses. You have to skip
    So i've completed the Game within 10 hours.

Bought a legitimate copy, not pirated. But now i wish, i did not buy it.

The Story itself is nice and i like it but a lot of things ruin the fun for me.

Clutch Nixon missios are beyond stupid and annoying.

You have to skip main plot in order to do everything.

The Collectibles are stupid, side missions like ran deers over and bring the flesh is retarded.

But the main thing what ruined the fun is the ending, regardless of what you pick, you cannot get back into the game and complete leftover stuff.
  67. Apr 17, 2018
    Nothing is different on far cry 3-4, do not waste your money, this series turned into another FIFA, released new one every year without content
  68. Apr 21, 2018
    Its so bad its annoying to play...

To many events to enjoy yourself Boss battles are just annoying they are not even fun and lack anything new Good luck flying the planes, or operating anything other than your feet Weapon fire select is broken Story is unremarkable weapons feel like toys and the selection and modifications are horridly bland AI sucks, most notably your squad's AI
    Its so bad its annoying to play...

To many events to enjoy yourself
    Boss battles are just annoying they are not even fun and lack anything new
    Good luck flying the planes, or operating anything other than your feet
    Weapon fire select is broken
    Story is unremarkable
    weapons feel like toys and the selection and modifications are horridly bland
    AI sucks, most notably your squad's AI
    Characters are not well flushed out
    Perk system makes stealth early game next to impossible
    I can keep going...

As for why I didn't rate this lower... really there are only two things this game does well. That is visual and audio. That's it, only redeeming qualities it has...
  69. Mar 28, 2018
    It's not a bad game per se but it doesn't really match the hype at all.

Graphically speaking the game looks visually stunning and gives off a fresh new immersive vibe. Bugs and Glitches are present here and there but really not as bad as most of today's Early Access titles. While the storyline at times is pure sensationalised fiction it is saved by the authentic acting that allows
    It's not a bad game per se but it doesn't really match the hype at all.

While the storyline at times is pure sensationalised fiction it is saved by the authentic acting that allows for immersion to resurface. There are also some major flaws in logic (e.g. Where does everyone live?) in the environment and story but granted it's a 'Far Cry' game it's best to just ignore these. Side Activities become boring after the first 2-3 tries.

Shooting and gameplay mechanisms aren't particularly bad or good. For precision shooting I find myself always using a mouse. For Vehicles (especially Helicopters or Planes) and Open World exploring I suggest a controller.

It's important to note that Map design is particularly bad as you're always clustered between the next wild animal or enemy AI. This overpopulation does not fit at all with the geographical area and does get frustrating both for gameplay and immersion.

I was also pretty sad to see the core mechanism of crafting removed and substituted by a simplistic perk design. Considered this iteration doesn't drift too far away in all other areas from its predecessors I would have liked them to keep the original system.

Microtransactions are present in the game but serve more of a cheat engine than as aiding the core of the game.
    I found it pretty easy to ignore them and suggest others to do the same. Just download a trainer in the future or something because it's nothing more than cheating.

Overall having played and enjoyed all iterations of Far Cry, I would tie this one with FC4 or Primal. It's a game you will most likely finish but hardly remember. This is mainly due to the fact that 'Far Cry' series for me has always felt like taking a 'vacation' in an adventurous place and unfortunately Montana does not possess enough intriguing or mystic attributes to keep me hooked. I also really despise the big purple truck. This ain't Saints Row c'mon.
  70. Apr 3, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I want to like this game. i really really do...all they had to do was give me a game that was fun and exciting and just had tons to do with a good story. Something missing from Farcry 3...4...and especially Primal.

This game's world is big, entertaining, and lush. There's things happening all the time and it's easy to get lost in it. But then when you actually start gaining resistance points....you get railroaded into a "captured" mission. These stupid sequences interrupt everything you're trying for...going fishing? Too bad...wanna hide from the capture parties? Oh well....you can't defned yourself, you can't hide, and you can't escape them. It dampens your fun.

The reall killer though is the story and how it ends. You've finally come face to face with Joseph Seed....it's time for the final confrontation

A. You turn around and leave

or

B. You capture him...he blows up Hope county...and then takes you prisoner to start his cult again

This left such a sour taste in my mouth....literally, everything I did was for NOTHING. There is no closure...all the torture, the brainwashing, the literal agony your character goes through....and you don't get ANY closure. Furthermore, after the credits....well, you can do all the side stuff in hope county...but there's no one left to shoot, all the bad guys are now gone....it becomes empty and boring.

Again, I wanted to enjoy this game...I loved some of the characters (Hurk is still as awesome as ever) and some missions are just too insane for words (reclaiming the Widowmaker)....but the story just ruins all hype I had for this game...to the point where I regret getting it.

A 4.5/10
  71. Apr 9, 2018
    Tout ce qui m'a été proposé de faire dans ce "jeu" m'a profondément ennuyé.
    Conduite = générique au possible
    Exploration = gâché par un harcèlement incessant Orientation = suivre le repère et foncez tout droit Attaque de camp (infiltration) = Seul "intérêt" (que je n'ai pas apprécié me concernant) Histoire = Zzzzz Honnêtement, mettre un quelconque bon point à ce jeu serai mentir car
    Tout ce qui m'a été proposé de faire dans ce "jeu" m'a profondément ennuyé.
    Conduite = générique au possible
    Exploration = gâché par un harcèlement incessant
    Orientation = suivre le repère et foncez tout droit
    Histoire = Zzzzz
    Honnêtement, mettre un quelconque bon point à ce jeu serai mentir car je n'ai pas prit le moindre plaisir. Je ne l'invente pas, tout comme ceux qui se sont amusés avec ne l'inventent pas non plus.
    Chacun ses goûts, pour ma part, ce jeu est une véritable PURGE!!! Une ignominie sans nom. Un déchet, une escroquerie, une insulte au gameplay, une corvée moins distrayante que faire la vaisselle..
  72. Apr 11, 2018
    1 for graphics, 0 for gameplay. Reskin of the previous FCs. No AI, just scripts, annoying show stoppers with the most idiotic plots, total lack of mechanics. No physics, no real ballistics, small time destructible environment. How come everyone can spot me in a stolen enemy car driving at full speed from any distance? So stupid. Devs have no imagination, and definitely don't live their1 for graphics, 0 for gameplay. Reskin of the previous FCs. No AI, just scripts, annoying show stoppers with the most idiotic plots, total lack of mechanics. No physics, no real ballistics, small time destructible environment. How come everyone can spot me in a stolen enemy car driving at full speed from any distance? So stupid. Devs have no imagination, and definitely don't live their lives at all, just play arcades all day, that's where the stupid ideas come from. Expand
  73. Apr 14, 2018
    Easily the worst far cry game.
    Everything is worse: repetitive environment, worse ai, no incentive for animal hunts, forces you to sit back in fights, less mechanics (e.g. no kickable barrels), boring villain, boring map, only 4 enemy types.
    That's just off the top of my head. Compared to every other far cry game, this one is trash. Positives: Guns feel punchy and have a nice sound. The
    Easily the worst far cry game.
    Positives: Guns feel punchy and have a nice sound. The graphics are also very nice (not that it matters much with an unvaried environment).
  74. Mar 28, 2018
    This from another review sums up my placement "Plane control on keyboard. -> Blocker of progress in game. It is impossible to hit target in plane therefore keyboard has one degree of sensitivity. Why ubisoft do not use mouse?"

I am stuck, ok, I click on this mission but I can't get out of it. Why is it like this, what is ubisoft thinking. Yes it has nice stuff, music, story and my dog, i love my dog. Can you rename the dog? Would be awesome...

Really the AI ruins the game play. Only after a few hours it ranks up there with Mafia 3 as simple terrible AI and I am only playing in Normal, can't imagine how terrible hard would be.

My expectations where higher around the gameplay and it seems the AI is worse off than Far Cry 4 but how can that be? The repetitiveness is visible already and it will drive me boredom in about 20 more hours on this game.
  75. Apr 16, 2018
    Mediocre is the best way to describe it. Solid mechanics, but a a god awful pretentious story. It was so bad after the first few monologues I had to skip the rest and you will get extremely irritated everytime you're "kidnapped". I would either get Far Cry 3 (because that's pretty cheap now) or better yet the Original Far Cry. I wished I had waited until it was on sale, instead ofMediocre is the best way to describe it. Solid mechanics, but a a god awful pretentious story. It was so bad after the first few monologues I had to skip the rest and you will get extremely irritated everytime you're "kidnapped". I would either get Far Cry 3 (because that's pretty cheap now) or better yet the Original Far Cry. I wished I had waited until it was on sale, instead of paying full price. It's not terrible, but there are so many better games out there Expand
  76. Apr 20, 2018
    Nice graphics and it's maybe a nice game, if you are new to Far Cry. But as someone who has played every Far Cry 5, there is just nothing new. Except the stupid new AI. I hate it. The ability to hire liberated guys for CoOp assistance is worth nothing, since the guy does not help you at all. I could not believe that he was shooting straight into the woods instead to the enemies on theNice graphics and it's maybe a nice game, if you are new to Far Cry. But as someone who has played every Far Cry 5, there is just nothing new. Except the stupid new AI. I hate it. The ability to hire liberated guys for CoOp assistance is worth nothing, since the guy does not help you at all. I could not believe that he was shooting straight into the woods instead to the enemies on the road. I just don't know what Ubisoft did in that fase, because that part worked pretty good in Ghost Recon Wildlands. And I once again hate that you have to shoot hundreds of bullets to kill a bear or a cult leader. That's just stupid. (I played with hard settings)

I got bored after 2 hours. Far Cry 4 seems the better game to me. Wait 2 more months and get it for about 20 bucks or so. It's just not worth 60€/$.
  77. Apr 22, 2018
    To be honest the story is so bad that the only feasible way it got past quality assessment if it was designed to screw with people to begin with. ubisoft is a troll and i got trolled pretty hard, which makes it pretty good.

sadly the game hasn't much going for it aside from that. everything passable is copy-pasted from older games, everything that isn't is worse. the AI react so stupidly to silenced weapons that it feels like cheating, turning your camera makes enemies, corpses and vehicles de-spawn mid-fight and the "guns for hire" are such a chore to babysit, i ignored it.
  78. Apr 27, 2018
    Having played all 6 far cries (blood dragon, primal). I conclude that this is worst part by far, it has nothing new or good in it. Ghost recon Wildlands supersedes this pile in every aspect. It seems Far Cry finally followed in footsteps of Mass Effect and Assassins Creed... Shame really.
  79. May 1, 2018
    I would rate it 0, most boring game ever played ... and retarded features like headshoting enemies with a **** sniper 10 times and they dont die ... I wanted to die after 30 min of gameplay.
  80. Apr 3, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. All 3 endings, the good, the bad, and the "hidden" ending, are absolute garbage. The ending to Mass Effect 3 was better, and reflected your choices from the game more. No matter what you choose, no matter who you save, no matter how many outpost you liberate or collectables you find, you are screwed in the end. Insanity or a nuclear wasteland Montana are all that await you after hours of gameplay.

This is a massive F-YOU from Ubisoft.
  81. Mar 30, 2018

+++++good optimization
    ++++good story
    +++good graphics
  82. Apr 1, 2018
    I played it for a few hours yesterday and today and it's ... **** There are few upgrades from Far Cry 4 graphically wise and weapon wise. The weapons sounds and feel great. Everything else is downgraded. The AI is dumb as **** The spawn points for enemies and animals is completely insane. You can't go 3 meters in the game without someone or something attacking you. The perk system isI played it for a few hours yesterday and today and it's ... **** There are few upgrades from Far Cry 4 graphically wise and weapon wise. The weapons sounds and feel great. Everything else is downgraded. The AI is dumb as **** The spawn points for enemies and animals is completely insane. You can't go 3 meters in the game without someone or something attacking you. The perk system is stupid. The one in Far Cry 4 was way better. The challenges are boring. Lockpicking something is boring. You just need to hold one button and it's done. They really didn't have the time and creativity to create some mini game for it? Also, Montana as a whole is a boring destination for me. Kyrat was much better.

In the end, it feels like more souless game than previous ones for me. There are some improvements, but they quickly fade behind the boring gameplay.
  83. Apr 6, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Absolutely loved the game but the ending completely ruined it for me. It's like Ubisoft basically took a massive dump right in my mouth. I don't even feel like playing it anymore because the ending is that bad. If you're going to play it do so, just don't complete the campaign. Expand
  84. Apr 3, 2018
    All the other reviewers saying that this game is too easy haven't played on hard mode. To begin with, in the first 5 minutes, you need to escape enemies in a pick up truck. The game automatically removes your health to make things "intense". However, if you changed the difficulty to hard in the first minutes, it will take one or two bullets to kill you after the game drains your health onAll the other reviewers saying that this game is too easy haven't played on hard mode. To begin with, in the first 5 minutes, you need to escape enemies in a pick up truck. The game automatically removes your health to make things "intense". However, if you changed the difficulty to hard in the first minutes, it will take one or two bullets to kill you after the game drains your health on purpose. You will be constantly using med packs as enemies kill you instantly. My FC5 experience started off with a brief mission that I needed to try at least 8 times. After that, expect to be killed almost instantly by flamethrowers. No matter how well you did in FC4, expect to play with medium or easy difficulty. You won't be able to complete the missions with a bow this time. As soon as you shoot someone, enemies magically know where you are and will rush at you.

There is no minimap, so you will most likely wander around with no real purpose, wondering what you're supposed to do. The enemy presence is absolutely insane. If you walk on the road, expect a truck full of enemies to drive by you every 10 seconds. I'm not having fun with FC5 at all. If you enjoyed FC4 like I did, keep playing FC4.
  85. Apr 8, 2018
    Far Cry comes to the United States where guns are plenty but ammo is premium. Where you get harassed by wild and household animals every 5 meters except when you take a hunting mission and they practically disappear from the landscape. The landscape is fabulous and helicopter sightseeing is fantastic, especially because plane controls are terrible with mouse and keyboard. There is no rainFar Cry comes to the United States where guns are plenty but ammo is premium. Where you get harassed by wild and household animals every 5 meters except when you take a hunting mission and they practically disappear from the landscape. The landscape is fabulous and helicopter sightseeing is fantastic, especially because plane controls are terrible with mouse and keyboard. There is no rain so you can wash your cars with sponges, bare chested bald bullet sponges easily eating multiple high caliber bullets to the head. You'll be tasked to take down a family, but they will take you down first, 9 times, while you fly through the sky or hide in a bunker nobody ever heard of. At the end you'll face a choice, an important choice, whether or not start the final main mission to witness a pointless and unsatisfactory ending.

Pros:
    - U.S.A. setting
    - Visuals are stunning
    - Well optimized
    - Side missions are varying and interesting
    - Characters are funny
    - Hunting, fishing (after you get high power gear)
    - Cars, helicopters
    - Chaotic firefights while chased by an airplane and wildlife at the same time
    - Free roaming
    - Mars setting in later DLC!

Cons:
    - Constant harassment by enemies and wildlife
    - Terrible scripted main missions
    - Repeatedly getting abducted from anywhere (seriously, when you see the prompts, just stand next to a road and wait)
    - Not enough and underpowered weapons (i.e., no Vector SMG?)
    - Unable to carry more of .50 cal ammo and bait (due to balance?)
    - Story is basic and weightless
    - Ending(s)

Verdict: 7/10 - buy if you never played Far Cry before, wait otherwise (for patches and all-in-one release).
  86. Apr 17, 2018
    FC5 is actually worse than FC Primal and FC4.

Pros:
    + The game has been optimized really well on PC.
    + Letting you choose character's gender.

Cons:
    - Too many glitches.
    - Poor background music, animals, outpost, mission and story.
    - The game has smallest map in FC series.

In conclusion, FC5 doesn't make me feel satisfied. Way worse than AC Origin.
  87. Apr 18, 2018
    Really stunning gfx.
    But the theme just doesnt do it for me.
    The pace of this game is slow and doesnt keep me interested.
  88. Apr 19, 2018
    Pros: A truly immersive game setting, story premise, NPC personality depth, music, antagonist personality and back story.

Cons: The story was either lazily written or it was chopped up due to time constraints. Extremely annoying and all too often no way out scenarios that result in you feeling frustrated and annoyed. I would be singing this games praise but for a few things that have

I would be singing this games praise but for a few things that have turned an otherwise amazing experience completely sour. Far Cry 5 could have and should been the best of the far cry games so far but due to either sloppy and very lazy writing or horrible production it's the worst. The premise of the story is excellent but the execution of it is atrocious. I'll try very hard not to include spoilers but suffice it to say they make the protagonist and the antagonist not only impotent but stupid as well. I have never seen a story either so lazily written or so horribly rushed. It makes no logical sense. The story pins the protagonist into a no win scenario time and time again, giving the antagonist opportunity after opportunity to end the conflict. Once or twice would have been fine but it gets tedious and annoying after 20 times. Do the antagonists act on those opportunities? Take a guess. To add insult to injury it resorts to the use of deus ex machina to get him out. It reeks of rushed and cut story or amateurish writing.

The game play is standard far cry albeit without the towers. The graphics are beautiful and the setting is amazing. The music is wonderful and probably the best part of the game. All of these things add up to what should have been the best game of 2018, but with the no win scenarios every 20 minutes it ruins it.

TL;DR: They botched this either due to bad writers or a moronic production team. If you don't care about the story making no logical sense this is a great game.
  89. Mar 27, 2018
    FC5 has great music, graphics, and story (albiet a very predictable one). It also has truly terrible AI, spawns enemies right behind you for fake difficulty, and infinite patrols that quickly shatter immersion. Add to that, a metric tonne of clipping issues, and gameplay that constantly devolves into a Battle Royale session when the game spawns more enemies (animal or patrol) after youFC5 has great music, graphics, and story (albiet a very predictable one). It also has truly terrible AI, spawns enemies right behind you for fake difficulty, and infinite patrols that quickly shatter immersion. Add to that, a metric tonne of clipping issues, and gameplay that constantly devolves into a Battle Royale session when the game spawns more enemies (animal or patrol) after you start an attack. In short, FC5 needs a *lot* of patching, and even then, if you have FC3/4, you have seen most of this already. Wait for a 50% off sale which will probably happen in the next few months. Expand
  90. Mar 30, 2018
    First of all, the game is actually pretty good, and the 12 hours I spent playing it was very fun, but then when i logged in to play this morning my saved game was lost and i ended up spawning into one of the first missions in the start of the game, it is totally unacceptabel that Ubisoft can not make something as basic as multipel save game slots, now I lost all my progression and the willFirst of all, the game is actually pretty good, and the 12 hours I spent playing it was very fun, but then when i logged in to play this morning my saved game was lost and i ended up spawning into one of the first missions in the start of the game, it is totally unacceptabel that Ubisoft can not make something as basic as multipel save game slots, now I lost all my progression and the will to play it anymore. Expand
  91. Apr 1, 2018
    I need to make a new review based on what i think about this game right now. I've been playing around 10 hours doing main missions and side quests a bunch so i think i have decent understanding what the game is like.

I think the Far Cry 5 is decent game but after playing it for while it starts to get rather tedious since i cannot help but to notice similiar types of setups from previous far cry games.

Far Cry 5 has new world, new main quest and side quests and the world feels quite lively at times now that things are happening around you all the time.

But if you are familiar with the francise you pretty much have understanding what you are gonna have to do in this game, same old same old. There still is tower climing involved, but this time they are not there for sakes of scanning the map, but for side quest persey.

Biggest complaint with Ubisoft this time around is that i've ordered mondo edition package for pc which comes with a vinyl which was pretty cool. But there was no option for a physical copy for the pc orders, so the mondo box for pc came with a vinybox (Vinyl inside) and a empty steelbox (no map, manual or cd inside). It seems though i didnt get my moneys worth from this order.

What kind of practice is this? If everything goes towards digital, do you just send empty collector boxes overseas!?

Aint gonna buy from Ubisoft after this, most games are average.
  92. Apr 7, 2018
    The story is nothing compared to other Far Cry releases (never had to skip cinematics before); graphics are "meh" for a game in 2018; the playtime is like 15-20 hrs with every side quest and collectibles; allied NPS's are dumb as hell; the game is less than 30 GB so everyone can imagine how small the map is; the announced DLC's are lame. If you ask me, this was all about the unsuccessfulThe story is nothing compared to other Far Cry releases (never had to skip cinematics before); graphics are "meh" for a game in 2018; the playtime is like 15-20 hrs with every side quest and collectibles; allied NPS's are dumb as hell; the game is less than 30 GB so everyone can imagine how small the map is; the announced DLC's are lame. If you ask me, this was all about the unsuccessful multi-player and money (especially when you check an in-game shop). I totally regret that I pre-purchased the Gold Edition. Expand
  93. Mar 28, 2018
    Another copy-paste bugfest by Ubisoft. Charismatic antagonist with hyperstimulated idea included. The story is bland and boring and very unrealistic although you can see how hard developer tried to put some serious nowadays issues up. AI acting weird, voice acting is meh, guns are fine, hit boxes aren't. Honestly it's just 1 hour loop repetitive experience we've already seen. DefinitelyAnother copy-paste bugfest by Ubisoft. Charismatic antagonist with hyperstimulated idea included. The story is bland and boring and very unrealistic although you can see how hard developer tried to put some serious nowadays issues up. AI acting weird, voice acting is meh, guns are fine, hit boxes aren't. Honestly it's just 1 hour loop repetitive experience we've already seen. Definitely not worth 60$. Expand
  94. Apr 1, 2018
    The worst ending in the past of ALL TIME GAME.
    Unprobability storytelling.
    An incoherent approach. Considering that it was right for the insane cult to kill and torture people, it is seriously suspicious of the people's mental state who wrote the story, It is the wrong choice for the player to catch such a insane cult. Joseph Seed is Ubisoft's Mary sue. I want to pop my brain that
    The worst ending in the past of ALL TIME GAME.
    Unprobability storytelling.
    An incoherent approach.

I want to pop my brain that bought the Gold Edition.
    Good graphics?
    Awsome Sound?
    Great Landscape?
    After the ending, everything is meaningless and everything you do is denied.
  95. Apr 6, 2018
    Sadly worst Far Cry experience till date. The story is completely passable, the endings are incredibly disappointing. The whole experience feel like a massive waste of time. There is no character development, there are barely any characters to speak of. All people are bland stereotype goodies/baddies. The Father is dull as heck. The gameplay was also horrible. They've removed the towersSadly worst Far Cry experience till date. The story is completely passable, the endings are incredibly disappointing. The whole experience feel like a massive waste of time. There is no character development, there are barely any characters to speak of. All people are bland stereotype goodies/baddies. The Father is dull as heck. The gameplay was also horrible. They've removed the towers but instead the game is choped in to a million pieces almost completely disconnected. The game says everyone will get a unique experience but that's incredibly poorly realized. They've added a whole conditioning mechanism which is an incredibly poor excuse to drive the game forwards. You are messing around, flying, driving, sometimes even in the middle of a mission and the game goes "Well, it's time to cut to black" And you are literally instantly teleported to where you need to be to progress the story. And that happens all the fin time. You just start to enjoy what you are doing and the game teleports you somewhere on a seemingly random place. All characters including you teleport around and do what the story needs them to do regardless of previous occurrences or positioning. They are captured seconds after you've rescued and secured them in a river of blood. It's a nonsensical progression that has been cheeply disguised under something im sure they thing incredibly clever: Drugs and mind conditioning. But thats a game. It's supposed to be a fun joy ride and not "Hyh" moment every time a cut scene starts. Additionally the AI is the worst imaginable, and the game relies overly much on it to progress on some missions. I've failed missions multiple times just because lets say an AI decides to land a chopper on the water and destroys a mission important vehicle. What follows is a reset. The open design now feels restricted. With old Far Cry games most boarders felt natural. It was rare for the game to stop you forcefully and here happens all the time if you move few centimeters away from the bound of the map or the mission to improvise. I love Far Cry 2, 3 and 4. I find them exceptional games. Far Cry Primal is ok, nothing much to rave about. But this game disappointed me so badly. And the progression .... because they know people don't like to do all activities the game is like this time you don't gain experience but we will force you to fish and try to do chain takedowns with the retarded AI or yeah and to use the AI partners if you with to get points. And i can't count the times how many times an partner AI sits face to face with an enemy watching him stupidly and the next second turns around and starts shooting in my position and blowing a near by barrel pretty much killing me instantly, or a vehicle, or just shoots to the bad guys through me. Piece of advice use the animals, they don't drive and are bloody killing machines. I've taken outposts sitting behind the bush and the bear slaughtering everything in sight. So the freedom is disguised with cheap plot devices. The AI is shoved in your face but it's terrible. The story is boring. The setting is bland (no offense fake Montana), and lets not forget OP weapons, i played with 1 sniper and one Rifle from start to end. and the end was running in the middle of firefights shooting from the hip mowing down baddies.

But the music was really good so 2
  96. Apr 8, 2018
    Beautiful world, but the main protagonist keeps getting caught in the most idiotic ways. The game at moments takes completely over and doesn't care at ALL about player choice. It's an open world game, yet you're constantly herded to exact locations for extremely flimsy story reasons. Enemies/Bosses become invulrerable because of the stupid story flow. Higher tier enemies and animals areBeautiful world, but the main protagonist keeps getting caught in the most idiotic ways. The game at moments takes completely over and doesn't care at ALL about player choice. It's an open world game, yet you're constantly herded to exact locations for extremely flimsy story reasons. Enemies/Bosses become invulrerable because of the stupid story flow. Higher tier enemies and animals are just extreme bullet spunges and are not fun at ALL to fight. RINSE AND REPEAT. It's an interactive B movie with unlikeable dumb characters. Expand
  97. May 8, 2018
    This game is one of the most overpriced BS game that i have ever witnessed. Dialogue, storytelling, characters all of them are so badly written and directed, whenever game puts me on a cutscene i just take out my headphone and alt-tab (this is legit my reaction not exaggaration) waiting for cutscene to end. It is almost as if i am in physical pain from watching this trash. And better yet,This game is one of the most overpriced BS game that i have ever witnessed. Dialogue, storytelling, characters all of them are so badly written and directed, whenever game puts me on a cutscene i just take out my headphone and alt-tab (this is legit my reaction not exaggaration) waiting for cutscene to end. It is almost as if i am in physical pain from watching this trash. And better yet, you CANNOT SKIP CUTSCENES. Especially when game smashes you in the face with 30 minutes non-stop cutscene at the very start, i think i will need anger management therapy after this game.

Now the thing other people will praise you about: the combat. **** lies, it is sub-par, i repeat subpar. I have played 15+ year old fps games that felt better when shooting something. You just dont feel the reaction and consequence of firing, its weak. Enemy AI is just **** taking cover etc has absolutely has no effect on how often enemy hits you. They just periodically damage you, whether you only show a pinky or just stand still like a cabbage on a field. Combat is so horribly made, there is literally no skill involved. Being an average shooter will be only a little different than being a great shot.

There is only 1 area where game is good, that is as usual with AAA titles, the graphics. And thats how these companies lure you, in order to con you into thinking this is a beautiful great game. And it is beautiful looking, but also empty and meaningless. Save your dollars, buy some other game. Noone should play this crap. I am facepalming so hard, after playing Doom this game feels so, so bad.
  98. May 18, 2018
    NO!!! :Far Cry 3 and 4 and even Primal were enjoyable games. This is a monstrosity. I am following the locations set up by the game and I'm perpetually getting slaughtered. If you add to that the incredibly irritating religious music and the entire message of this lunatic cult, that is pounded into the player's heads constantly, and it makes for a miserable experience. Fun games are farNO!!! :Far Cry 3 and 4 and even Primal were enjoyable games. This is a monstrosity. I am following the locations set up by the game and I'm perpetually getting slaughtered. If you add to that the incredibly irritating religious music and the entire message of this lunatic cult, that is pounded into the player's heads constantly, and it makes for a miserable experience. Fun games are far between these days. Designers are either claiming that they want to go back to their roots, which is a stupid idea, or they want to go in a different direction. Far Cry 5 is simply lost. What I counted on to have fun is just not there. Thumbs down. Expand
  99. Mar 28, 2018
    Graphics are great.. But its too easy and boring. After a few hours I decide to just melee everyone. A few broken necks, liberate... rinse, repeat. story is bland. The AI truly ruins everything. But the graphics are great
  100. Apr 7, 2018
    I will have to go with "not recommend" for the simple fact that I did not have fun with this game, its story elements annoyed the hell out of me, they made very little sense and gave me a bad experience. I only finished the game so the 60 euros I paid would not be wasted, otherwise I wanted to stop after 35% completion.
    Maybe the only positive things about the game is that it looks
    Maybe the only positive things about the game is that it looks amazing and the voice acting is very good.
    The non-linear story makes everything seem so generic and repetitive and the flow of things on each region identical to one another. Some parts of the story are straight out of science fiction books and the best way Ubisoft knows how to raise the difficulty is to make enemies bullet sponges and throw any common sense out of the window. The game's ending goes WTF all the way and makes no sense at all. Again they defy logic just for that unexpected factor.
    Borrow this games from a friend, rent it or wait for a big sale but don't waste your money on the full price.

While I did not encounter game breaking bugs there were quite a few like car hitting dead wolf and flying into the air, a very strange experience with a plane twerking in the air, teleporting instantly on the ground than taking off directly with no speed gain required, mission objective not being completed properly.
    In the beginning I had on average 55 FPS in 4K but the game kept complaining to update my graphics drivers. After the update it dropped 15 fps in 4K to 40 on average, even less and I was forced to play in 1080p.

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Sep 13, 2018
    Far Cry 5 is a nice and funny FPS that you’ll enjoy most in co-op. The well-proven concept would deserve a rejuvenation and adding a story that is adequate to the rest of the game. [Issue#285]
  2. Jun 6, 2018
    This fresh take on the Far Cry franchise is clearly visible content-wise, but a tad more discrete on the style. If you're not bothered by the slightly repetitive formula, you'll enjoy the many strengths of this episode.
  3. Apr 30, 2018
    Far Cry 5 doesn’t propel the series forward — it just refines all of its elements and relegates the infamous towers to the dustbin of history. So if you‘re allergic to open worlds from Ubisoft, don’t say I didn’t warn you. But if you’re eager to meet new wacky characters, complete dozens of missions and enjoy the sights, welcome to Hope County, sinners!