- Summary: Seventeen years after a nuclear doomsday, Hope County, Montana, has changed in unexpected ways. Nuclear winter has given way to a "superbloom," creating a lush, colourful landscape that survivors have begun to re-populate with makeshift buildings. It's a lawless frontier where people areSeventeen years after a nuclear doomsday, Hope County, Montana, has changed in unexpected ways. Nuclear winter has given way to a "superbloom," creating a lush, colourful landscape that survivors have begun to re-populate with makeshift buildings. It's a lawless frontier where people are struggling to get by - and you'll be able to experience it all with a friend in co-op, or on your own as a lone gunslinger. After living through the apocalypse, the survivors in Hope County now face a new threat: the nihilistic Highwaymen, vicious scavengers intent on bleeding the county dry. When the survivors put out a call for help to combat this deadly threat, you are quickly thrust into the middle of a new battle for the future of Hope County. Since the nuclear apocalypse, survivors have been piecing their shelter, tools, and weapons together from the broken remnants of the old world. The results may look ramshackle, but they'll keep you alive in a fight. Your Homebase will let you construct powerful weapons and vehicles, giving you more options than ever for explosive, over-the-top action. When anything and everything can happen, it is never too much to have someone watching your back. Whether it's Hurk, a boar, or whoever you want, you can recruit an eclectic cast of Guns and Fangs for Hire to fight by your side. You can even play with a friend in co-op.… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Far Cry: New Dawn - Official Story Trailer
Feb 14, 2019There's plenty of game here, and it's all been a joy. Far Cry 5 was one of the best games in the series, and yet New Dawn may have just eclipsed it with some fine-tuning and a brave new world to explore. I can hardly wait to see what's next from the series, and I hope it follows in the footsteps of The Father.
Mar 13, 2019Far Cry New Dawn is a ridiculously well-polished and fun to play action game (AI issues aside), with an enjoyable if largely mundane story and villains. It's so hard to negatively criticise too much. It would be unfair to judge this individual game against the wider approach of Ubisoft that some could argue needs to evolve more going into the future. The freedom that this sandbox gives to just shoot things and have fun is clear to see, and on PC the world looks incredible, filled with vivid colours, rich explosions, lush grassland and shimmering blue rivers. The real question following this conclusion to the Hope County arc and all its DLC is where Ubisoft will go next with this franchise. Ultimately it is impossible to separate New Dawn from feeling like an expensive DLC for its predecessor.
Feb 14, 2019Ubisoft brought many of their strengths to the table in Far Cry New Dawn. The gunplay, sights and sounds, and environmental storytelling were great. I’m not sure the light RPG approach worked and would have loved to see more consistency throughout the narrative and from the characters that presented it. Far Cry New Dawn did provide me with a sense of closure in Hope County, and the highs outweighed the lows, but ultimately it left me craving a more complete experience.
Feb 16, 2019Great Far cry romp that is in my opinion better than Far cry 5.
Graphic are brilliant, game play is brilliant, story is a little meh, but whoGreat Far cry romp that is in my opinion better than Far cry 5.
Graphic are brilliant, game play is brilliant, story is a little meh, but who plays it for the story.
Great fun and worth the money.
Most that vote it down is because it's colourful or don't own the game and just wan to hate. The colours in the game really work to add atmosphere.… Expand
Feb 20, 2019I really enjoyed playing Far Cry New Dawn because I'm a big fan of Far Cry 5. This game shows you guys the end of the best story written byI really enjoyed playing Far Cry New Dawn because I'm a big fan of Far Cry 5. This game shows you guys the end of the best story written by Ubisoft. Unfortunately, the gameplay didn't evolve in this game so much since FC5 but the game still good.
I'd really recommend Far Cry New Dawn to all people who like previous game and don't have **** syndrome.
My personal score is 8/10. Please enjoy your games!… Expand
Jan 1, 2021Is this really what Far Cry has come to? Wtf happened?
Positives: - Good graphics Negatives: - The game is horrendouslyIs this really what Far Cry has come to? Wtf happened?
- Good graphics
- The game is horrendously unbalanced. Right around the 3rd last story mission. The difficulty ramps up 20 times. It's virtually impossible to beat the last 3 missions without the best weapons in the game. The gameplay is completely fine with basic weapons up until that point. As a result, if you haven't been focusing on scavenging, you're forced to spend a lot of time scavenging just to get the best weapons to beat the last few missions. Severely broke the pace of the game for me.
- When you finally fight the twins. They have so much health it's **** ridiculous. I can tolerate some exaggeration, but not this much. They can literally take 500 rockets, and not die. They are only human, THEY HAVE NO EDEN's GIFT or anything. HOW DOES THIS MAKE ANY SENSE??
- recycled character personalities from Far Cry 5. Many of the characters spoke with such similar tones just with different character models.
- Again, they didn't feature a protagonist. Putting the player as the main character is stupid. What's the point of all the clothing customization? You don't see your own body 99% of the time. AJ Ghale and Jason Brody in Far Cry 3 and 4 were well made, interesting characters, with INTERESTING stories. Why can't you guys make a new protagonist like those. HIRE THOSE WRITERS BACK, THEY DID GOOD! The story is really boring and cliche in New Dawn.
- It was hard to care at all about any of the characters. I didn't give a rats ass about Rush's death, cause there was such a lack of character development
- your helpers die waaaay to easily, and most of the time it's cause they put themselves in a horrible position, in a place where you can't even revive them. So most of the time they are a liability.
- It's really hard to care about ANY of the characters that appear. They are sooo one dimensional.
- The structure is completely based on Far Cry 5. I hated the crafting and hunting system there. And it's the same here.
- the Perk tree is super small. Where are the drop in take downs? Where are the other cool upgrades from FC3 and FC4
- There's a severe lack of vehicles in the overworld. You literally need to go to an outpost to reliable locate a vehicle most of the time.
I understand the tried to make it more like an RPG. But the pacing is horrible. And RPG elements isn't what made Far Cry great. Do not **** play this game. If you've never played Far Cry. Play 3 and 4. They are the best. Maybe 5.… Expand
Feb 23, 2019Well, I've not been able to complete this game since I got stuck in the mission, "The Prophecy", where Joseph never appears with the symbol.Well, I've not been able to complete this game since I got stuck in the mission, "The Prophecy", where Joseph never appears with the symbol.
It's been five days since I contacted Ubisoft and no solution in sight, this is not the same bug as the other bug where the symbol alignment never registered....… Expand
May 23, 2021Story is follow up to 5(and this is bad)nuclear war happened and now we are in post apocalyptic world. I'll come back to this later.
TwinsStory is follow up to 5(and this is bad)nuclear war happened and now we are in post apocalyptic world. I'll come back to this later.
Twins are the most forgettable unmemorable far cry villains ever. They are not scary, funny or makes you question yourself. They are just bland and cringe.
Other characters are not better either. They just...exist.
It is basically fc5 dlc. Even though it uses 5's map they managed to ruin it. This post apocalyptic world doesn't look post apocalyptic. So much pink and green. It is sooo colorful. What kind of radiation is that?
To do main missions you need to do side missions. It is annoying busywork. Now ubisoft...side missions are supposed to be SIDE MISSIONS. They should be optional. When you force them it is not side mission anymore!
Unnecessary rpg elements. Blue gun, purple enemy, green mission. F*CK OFF!
Enemies are bullet sponge because your weapon is blue and enemy is red or something. You blow them into pieces? Too bad your level is not high enough...
There are microtransactions! Goddamn microtransactions.
There are more weapons now. Some came back from previous fc's and others are new.
The only interesting thing about this garbage is that saw launcher.… Expand
May 22, 2019Online trophies for single player gamers is the dumbest move by Ubisoft but they keep making the same mistakes. Stop making online trophiesOnline trophies for single player gamers is the dumbest move by Ubisoft but they keep making the same mistakes. Stop making online trophies part of the platinum run not everyone can play online or have friends who even own the game. For this reason, I am now done with Ubisoft games.… Expand
- (0 views)