6.9

1. Jan 13, 2016
    Fenix Rage is a good one - it has responsive controls, pleasant look, challenge and a neat score. But also it has one major flaw - it just CREAMS Super Meat Boy.

Almost a complete rip-off - from character design to music - this game just ain't got it's own distinguishable style. First set of levels - a world - is called "Red Forest" (in Super Meat Boy - "The Forest"); worlds have 20 levels in them in both titles; you can collect "cookies" (in Super Meat Boy - "bandages"); main character is square-shaped, just like our good ol' buddy SMB; music is the same blend of heavy guitar riffs and rapid electronic solos; you can stick to and jump off the walls in both games...

I can go on but I think it's enough on this. Though I cannot dislike Fenix Rage because it is made with care and is a qualitative piece of work. Just let me remind you that in hell a special place is reserved for plagiarism. And remember this: it's not even close to how good Super Meat Boy is.
  2. Sep 28, 2014
    This game is simply amazing! If you liked Super meat boy, you will fall in love with Fenix Rage. Perfect controls, fast paced action and 200 levels to have fun with. A must have for every masocore lover.
  3. Feb 2, 2015
    too similar to the templates we have played before :( This game is a decent game but when compared to the source material it copies, it becomes something not even worth playing for free if it was.
  4. Oct 6, 2014
    Overall, I had some good times with this game, but mostly it was annoying and obnoxious, with a large portion of the game I would change to simply make it more user friendly. If you are a die hard fan of similar games, you may be let down by this, but if you are new to the genre, you could find it quite unfairly hard, it doesn't quite have a balance between the two.

1. Jan 18, 2015
    Fenix Rage knows that you're here for a challenge, and that's exactly what it serves. Through the highs and the lows, you don't really have any time to think about what's going on or to be bothered by the simplistic and overly saturated visuals and repetitive generic music.
  2. Nov 19, 2014
    It may not be in a position to dethrone Super Meat Boy, but Fenix Rage still provides an interesting jumping and dashing mechanic while featuring a vast variety of levels and challenges that will train your reflexes for many days.
  3. Nov 10, 2014
    Fenix Rage is a pretty good game, but can also be a frustrating experience. If you don’t mind the fact that it could almost pass for a sequel to Super Meat Boy and that the difficulty curve is all over the place and can easily make you frustrated, it is an enjoyable experience.