7.8

1. Dec 17, 2021
    This game is excellent and the mod community is already coming through.
    The 0/10 scores really show how infantile the PC community can be.
    The game is not worth 70 dollars, especially if you've already played through it on the console version. But we are finally getting the Final Fantasy games on PC. Which means part 2 may be released simultaneously. Or at least much faster than Kingdom
    This game is excellent and the mod community is already coming through.
    The 0/10 scores really show how infantile the PC community can be.
    But we are finally getting the Final Fantasy games on PC. Which means part 2 may be released simultaneously. Or at least much faster than Kingdom Hearts 1, 2 and 3 were.

Anybody giving this a 0/10 is just copium for whatever is bothering them in their personal lives.
  2. Dec 17, 2021
    I know that is personal preference, but i enjoy this game so much more with keyboard+mouse. Everything is just so smooth. Graphics look basically same as PS5 and that is fine by me. What truly matters on PC version is performance and it is pretty solid. People complaining about bad performance should maybe buy new GPU, because GTX 1060 is little bit old by now.
  3. Dec 17, 2021
    Very good remake, on-par with Resident Evil 2 Remake, in all honesty i would even go as far and say i prefer this to original. Combat is so much better in this one, more interactive. Haters can go back to fortnite.
  4. Dec 17, 2021
    Finally Definitive Edition of this amazing game has been released. Because PC version is always Definitive version, even if it's just for keyboard and mouse support, that simply makes looking around, combat and basically everything so much better and more enjoyable. But PC also has better performance and mods. Great game, finally on Greatest Gaming Platform of All Time - PC. Can't wait for Part 2.
  5. Dec 17, 2021
    I mean here's pure irony, Cyberpunk2077 extremely buggy, broken game that lacks tons of stuff that company promised - yet gets over 10 000 positive reviews. Final Fantasy 7 Remake, no bugs, runs well, beautiful story, cool characters, interesting world - yet has some minor stutter issues here and there, people automatically give it 0/10. This just shows how absurdly biased and simplyI mean here's pure irony, Cyberpunk2077 extremely buggy, broken game that lacks tons of stuff that company promised - yet gets over 10 000 positive reviews. Final Fantasy 7 Remake, no bugs, runs well, beautiful story, cool characters, interesting world - yet has some minor stutter issues here and there, people automatically give it 0/10. This just shows how absurdly biased and simply disgusting fanboys and haters can be. Expand
  6. Dec 17, 2021
    Overpriced? Sure, but still very fun game. I like Combat in this one more than in original tbh. Reminds me Devil May Cry 5. Great game.
  7. Dec 17, 2021
    This is literally Best Christmas over a long time. Spider-Man No Way Home was great, now Final Fantasy 7 Remake on PC. Perfection.
  8. Dec 17, 2021
    Very fun game. Beautiful visuals, good combat, boss fights, characters are very likable and also look really cool with their epic hairstyles and voice acting is also solid. Would recommend.
  9. Dec 17, 2021
    It's so obvious that bunch of people are going to whine and leave bad reviews, because it's not on steam and whatever else. In my opinion what really matters is the fact that i can actually FINALLY play this game on my PC. I absolutely don't care what store i need to use to buy it. I want to play the game. I don't care about store okay? I rather take this, than nothing.
  10. Dec 17, 2021
    To me it's absolutely insane to give game like this 0/10 just cause it has some minor launch issues that will be very clearly patched. Game itself is great. Not many people have PS5 and not many people will have PS5 in very long time, so PC version is literally best version for Majority of gamers. It's miles better than PS4/PS4 Pro version. Miles better. By the way, overall performance isTo me it's absolutely insane to give game like this 0/10 just cause it has some minor launch issues that will be very clearly patched. Game itself is great. Not many people have PS5 and not many people will have PS5 in very long time, so PC version is literally best version for Majority of gamers. It's miles better than PS4/PS4 Pro version. Miles better. By the way, overall performance is actually very good, there are some stutters here and there when it loads stuff, but most of the time it's solid and in boss fights performance is also good. By the way when they will fix this problem with frames (that they obviously will), this is the BEST version of that game. It's not even debatable. Even if it just goes down to ability to use mouse and keyboard, something that most PC players use while playing games and that's something Playstation doesn't offer. PC gives you a choice and also 120fps. So either way, just ignore anyone who gives this masterpiece 0/10, because they have no idea what they are talking about. Expand
  11. Dec 17, 2021
    Liking this game depends mostly on wanting copy+paste of original or wanting same story and characters, but with modern movement,combat, etc. I prefer modern and i think this game helps people easier to get into FFXVI that looks already phenomenal. Not perfect, but nothing is.
  12. Dec 17, 2021
    What an amazing year has PC had honestly, first Days Gone, now this and God of War in January. PC truly is the greatest, im not even trying to start some console war or whatever, im just stating the facts. PC gets all Xbox games and now basically most PS4 games as well. Good time to be PC gamer.
  13. Dec 17, 2021
    Good game, about time it came to PC, i was starting to worry already, but better late than never.
    Now i have at least something to play until Horizon 2 releases.
  14. Dec 17, 2021
    Here's a message to anyone giving this great game 0/10, because "PrIcE ToO hIgH" - Don't buy it. It's that simple. If the Price is so big factor for you, then maybe, just maybe you are not even fan of this game in the first place. I know PC players are use to buy games from steam when they are discounted to 10 or 5 dollars/euros, but in general, Console players pay always 70 or 80. You areHere's a message to anyone giving this great game 0/10, because "PrIcE ToO hIgH" - Don't buy it. It's that simple. If the Price is so big factor for you, then maybe, just maybe you are not even fan of this game in the first place. I know PC players are use to buy games from steam when they are discounted to 10 or 5 dollars/euros, but in general, Console players pay always 70 or 80. You are SUPPOSED to review THE GAME, not THE STORE or THE PRICE. Is it so hard to understand concept? Review is supposed to talk about video game itself, is it good, is story good, characters, graphics, etc. Just cause you give bad reviews, believe it or not, they wont change that price, nope. They wont. So you either pay the price and enjoy the game or you don't pay the price and you don't enjoy the game. Either way, without actually playing it or even caring about the game, you should NEVER give 0/10 review. PS: Amazing game, would highly recommend! Expand
  15. Dec 17, 2021
    It's not perfect PC version, but i feel like lots of people are very much overreacting. Some stutters and you give it 0? Pathetic. They will obviously fix these issues, by the way why are people acting like PS4 (normal) version was perfect at launch? No it wasn't. To me it almost feels like some people don't want this game to be on PC, almost like they are envy that their PS5 version isIt's not perfect PC version, but i feel like lots of people are very much overreacting. Some stutters and you give it 0? Pathetic. They will obviously fix these issues, by the way why are people acting like PS4 (normal) version was perfect at launch? No it wasn't. To me it almost feels like some people don't want this game to be on PC, almost like they are envy that their PS5 version is not THAT unique anymore, because it isn't. It's now on PC and just deal with it i guess. I personally think that it's great thing that it's on PC. Despite having PS4 version, i have been waiting for this PC version just so i could play it with 60fps and mouse/keyboard. I love that game and PS4 version was nice, but i simply enjoy playing with mouse/keyboard so much more.
    I had same effect with Horizon Zero Dawn and Days Gone, i was like - those are great games, i just wish i could play them on PC and now i can, same with FF7Remake.
  16. Dec 18, 2021
    It's incredibly good game, one of the best from 2020 and easily one of the best PC games of 2021. Just ignore these hateful losers who give it 0/10. Just ignore them. I truly hope that they all get banned, it's possibly just one person making double accounts or small group of people who don't like this game anyway, so they are just trying to find smallest reasons to review-bomb thisIt's incredibly good game, one of the best from 2020 and easily one of the best PC games of 2021. Just ignore these hateful losers who give it 0/10. Just ignore them. I truly hope that they all get banned, it's possibly just one person making double accounts or small group of people who don't like this game anyway, so they are just trying to find smallest reasons to review-bomb this amazing game. Don't give these awful people any attention, just enjoy the game and that's it. It's extremely well optimized and runs even with very low-end GPU's. Expand
  17. Dec 18, 2021
    Despite the lack of customization options for Mouse and Keyboard and Graphics Settings, game is great! I've waited to play this for so long ive recently replayed the Original FF7 on Steam and needless to say i like what they've done, now 2 flaws I had was a minor stutter in 1st cutscene and then a battle wouldn't start during a boss fight they just stood there and nothing worked controllsDespite the lack of customization options for Mouse and Keyboard and Graphics Settings, game is great! I've waited to play this for so long ive recently replayed the Original FF7 on Steam and needless to say i like what they've done, now 2 flaws I had was a minor stutter in 1st cutscene and then a battle wouldn't start during a boss fight they just stood there and nothing worked controlls only thing i could do was pause and nothing else . Other then all of that I'd recommend this game to anybody who is a fan of the series even though this one is rewritten and i think the new enemies are representing the purists who wanted the same story verbatim. have fun. Expand
  18. Dec 17, 2021
    I wouldn't dare to say it's perfect, cause it's not. But it's still very good video game. Could use some patches, other than that, it's great.
  19. Dec 18, 2021
    idk, not really interested reading some fake negative reviews that whine about epic game store and whatever else is wrong in their personal lives. I have played two hours and imo it's great.
  20. Dec 18, 2021
    Needs some patches, otherwise it's good as expected, can't wait for sequel...
  21. Dec 17, 2021
    This game is very good, performance is actually very solid, there are multiple videos on Youtube showing that even with 1060 you can get 90-100fps @ 1080p max settings. There are some stutters at times (not all the time) when it loads certain areas, but other than that i had no issues with this game. Visually looks amazing.
  22. Dec 17, 2021
    Why the hell are people complaining? This game has no Denuvo, there's million other ways you can get this game, if you actually use your brain for once. Just saying. This game is basically masterpiece, at least for me and if you are not happy that it came to PC, then you are not Final Fantasy fan anyway.
  23. Dec 17, 2021
    I have PS4 version too and this PC version is way better, pretty much exactly what i was hoping for. Great way to end 2021 with this masterpiece!
  24. Dec 17, 2021
    I'm glad this Masterpiece is f i n a l l y on PC. I have been waiting so long. To me and i think in general, this is one of the best and most important PC releases of 2021.
  25. Dec 17, 2021
    Finally on PC!!! This feels like a dream, amazing just amazing. One of the most beautiful games of all time!
  26. Dec 18, 2021
    This game is so, so, so much better than Cyberbug2077. Final Fantasy 7 Remake is actual art, while Cyberpunk2077 is just average undercooked McDonald's food. Would highly recommend FF7Remake, if you wanna have fun and experience something epic.
  27. Dec 18, 2021
    FF7R is one of the best video games of all time. Wonderful worldbuilding, story, characters, soundtrack and visuals.
  28. Dec 18, 2021
    Best game of 2020, and quite a good port. The game runs even on ancient PC's.
    I don't really understand those who downgrade it for the lack of the game in Steam or a couple of soapy textures. It's barely perceptible.
  29. Dec 18, 2021
    Hopefully part 2 comes out on PC same day as console, because why not? Not like Part 2 is gonna sell more PS5's, if anything FF7RemakePart2 will sell more, if it comes out same day on PC.
  30. Dec 18, 2021
    Epic, amazing, over the top game! You play as Cloud Strife, most epic dude ever. He has most epic blonde anime hair and most epic HUGE sword and you just smash all enemies with that EPIC HUGE SWORD and you look cool and epic all the time while doing it. And when someone asks anything from this epic man called Cloud Strife, he says just few words and acts like he doesn't even care, becauseEpic, amazing, over the top game! You play as Cloud Strife, most epic dude ever. He has most epic blonde anime hair and most epic HUGE sword and you just smash all enemies with that EPIC HUGE SWORD and you look cool and epic all the time while doing it. And when someone asks anything from this epic man called Cloud Strife, he says just few words and acts like he doesn't even care, because he is too epic to care. This is Final Epic Fantasy 7 Remake. Would recommend, if you wanna experience some epic stuff. Expand
  31. Dec 17, 2021
    Very good game, I recommend! The price isn't as bad as people make it seem. Its the same price as the PS5 version which came out a few months ago. Its $10 more because it comes with a DLC. It's worth it
  32. Dec 18, 2021
    Square Enix did amazing job with this game. Absolute Masterpiece and way better game (in general) than the original version. Amazing art style, characters look so cool, combat is so much better. I hope Square truly takes their time with Part 2, there's no need to rush it. In fact, i'm hopeful that FFXVI comes before Part 2.
  33. Dec 18, 2021
    FF7Remake is without a question most important PC release of 2021. It's not even debatable. People who don't understand greatness of this game, don't deserve it anyway. This is masterpiece.
  34. Dec 17, 2021
    I think this game was great Christmas present, can't wait for mods. Some people will never be happy and always complain, it's just easier to ignore their sad existence and instead just enjoy great games. Hopefully 2022 will be even stronger year for games!
  35. Dec 17, 2021
    Very good game and i'm absolutely glad it's finally on PC! Yes, i agree, it is overpriced, but it doesn't have Denuvo, so if you don't wanna buy it, you can get it from "somewhere else". Either way, what actually matters is that this great game is finally on PC and actually runs really well. This was surprising Christmas present for sure.
  36. Dec 18, 2021
    I mean it's not perfect, but nothing is and so what? It's better than majority of games made in recent years.
  37. Dec 17, 2021
    Let me guess, people giving it 0 out of 10 or even 3 out of 10 are people who actually never even cared about this game. Absolutely no actual FF7Remake fan would give this 0. There were also lots of losers giving 0 out of 10 for PS4 version, so maybe these are same people. Game is good btw.
  38. Dec 18, 2021
    Lmao people complaining about "muh graphics options". Yes, while it's nice to have more options, let's be real here, game runs extremely well and looks as good, if not better than PS5 version. Maybe that's the artstyle and graphics they want this game to go with. You can always make graphics "better and better" until it starts to look actually worse and lose it's original style. Just likeLmao people complaining about "muh graphics options". Yes, while it's nice to have more options, let's be real here, game runs extremely well and looks as good, if not better than PS5 version. Maybe that's the artstyle and graphics they want this game to go with. You can always make graphics "better and better" until it starts to look actually worse and lose it's original style. Just like these overwatered GTA 5 mods that actually lose the original feel of the game. FF7Remake looks very good and that's all that matters. Cyberpunk2077 or Far Cry 6 can have million different graphics options to choose from, but if the actual game is trash, then i don't care how many graphics options it has. FF7Remake is actually good video game and that's all that matters and should matter. Expand
  39. Dec 18, 2021
    I hope all these haters and review bombers have awful 2022, because that's all these kinds of people deserve. Review bombing this masterpiece should be illegal!
  40. Jan 5, 2022
    The $70 price tag is awful (would be okay if wages were actually going up like they should be, though, but they aren't) and the port has performance issues. However, I'm just really glad they released it on PC even if they did stick to stupid artificial hardware exclusivity for a while so I'm going to give it a 10 despite its flaws. The content of the game itself is quite good and a mostlyThe $70 price tag is awful (would be okay if wages were actually going up like they should be, though, but they aren't) and the port has performance issues. However, I'm just really glad they released it on PC even if they did stick to stupid artificial hardware exclusivity for a while so I'm going to give it a 10 despite its flaws. The content of the game itself is quite good and a mostly very well done remake that looks awesome. The performance issues, at least for me, can mostly be fixed by mods. I also have some qualms with certain aspects of the balance, but these two have been addressable with mods. There are also some very interesting mods already that enhance and improve the game in other aspects. Expand
  41. Jan 11, 2022
    Works impeccable for me! AMAZING GAME! We need more FF remakes like this! A dream that came true
  42. Jan 10, 2022
    I think this version is better than PS4 version, because i have PS4 version too and on PC it feels better to play with mouse and keyboard. Overall great game!
  43. Jan 15, 2022
    I had no idea if i was going to like this game or not, because i'm not huge anime fan and overall these types of games don't get my attention, but this game is surprisingly fun.
  44. Dec 19, 2021
    So many Peoble give the Game 0/10 because of the price what is pretty ridiculous. Everybody who played this would never give it a 0/10. Even if there a some little Problems on PC, that is nothing that can't get fixed. It's not a mess like Cyperpunk. This Game is amazing on PS4, was even better on PS5 and is amazing on PC too.
  45. Dec 21, 2021
    Very fun and beautiful game, cool boss fights, actually likable characters, beautiful music score and so much more. Can't wait for mods and some patches too lol.
  46. Dec 21, 2021
    Got it running smooth using "-dx11" fix, calling it worst PC version of all time is not doing it justice at all. Arkham Knight (2015) was about million times worse than this. Of course they need to improve it, but it's not that bad jesus christ. There's a difference between saying it's "flawed/problematic, but playable" and simply calling it "trash".
  47. Dec 20, 2021
    Instead of complaining about what it doesn't have I am enjoying what is there. And It's amazing.
  48. Dec 20, 2021
    Amazing Remake and it's absolute fact that most gamers would have never even cared to try it, if it wasn't for this remake. It improves on original in every way possible. Better visuals, worlds feels alive now, better looking characters, better voice acting and better combat. Of course 40y old virgins are going to hate this remake, because it's better than their 90s pixel fest.
  49. Dec 20, 2021
    Typical, bunch of people whining because "product not perfect", well that's 2021 for you. Either way, it's way better than PS4 version and when they patch it, it will be better than PS5 version. In fact i already like this version more, because i can finally play with keyboard/mouse.
  50. Dec 21, 2021
    Simply ignore all these 0/10 reviews. These are just haters, most of them gave 0/10 to ps4 version as well, just check their profiles. I have played this Version over 5 hours and i can tell you it's playable and i'm having fun and that's literally all i was asking for. No i don't have low standards, this version is literally better than PS4 version, how do i know that? Well because i haveSimply ignore all these 0/10 reviews. These are just haters, most of them gave 0/10 to ps4 version as well, just check their profiles. I have played this Version over 5 hours and i can tell you it's playable and i'm having fun and that's literally all i was asking for. No i don't have low standards, this version is literally better than PS4 version, how do i know that? Well because i have the PS4 version, that's how. Mouse and Keyboard + 60fps make huge difference and it also looks visually better, so yeah. I never expected it to have raytracing or all this other nonsense. Expand
  51. Jan 5, 2022
    Thanks Square enix for releasing this game on PC. I have played this game and enjoyed every moment in this game
  52. Dec 18, 2021
    Wonderful game, seriously......................................................
  53. Dec 21, 2021
    Some people here seem to understand that this is flawed PC version, that still works well enough, when you mess with some settings, for example putting it into dx11 mode gives you performance boost and gets rid of most stutter. And then there seems to be some group of people (or maybe it's same person creating double accounts idk) who seem to not even care for this game, in fact theseSome people here seem to understand that this is flawed PC version, that still works well enough, when you mess with some settings, for example putting it into dx11 mode gives you performance boost and gets rid of most stutter. And then there seems to be some group of people (or maybe it's same person creating double accounts idk) who seem to not even care for this game, in fact these people actually hate this game. Not even this version, but this full game, they hate it. There was one account who gave it 0/10 and he also gave 0/10 to ps4 and ps5 versions. So it's very obvious that someone is just trying to use this PC version to spread their actual hate for this masterpiece. This is just weird. This remake improves on pretty much every aspect and is easily better game than the original. Expand
  54. Dec 21, 2021
    Amazing, extremely fun game, full of life and energy, might have most beautiful/hot female characters of any video game ever (Aerith and Tifa) (they also have amazing personality, it's not just looks). Would recommend this game, absolutely not on full price, but otherwise it's a must play.
  55. Dec 23, 2021
    When you start the game there is very obvious stutter issue. I fixed it by turning DirectX11 manually on inside game folder files. I have no idea why they didn't include this simple fix inside the game and all the drama would be solved. Were they forced to rush this version out, so they didn't have time to fix it? They need to patch it fast. But i got my version running well, so i have noWhen you start the game there is very obvious stutter issue. I fixed it by turning DirectX11 manually on inside game folder files. I have no idea why they didn't include this simple fix inside the game and all the drama would be solved. Were they forced to rush this version out, so they didn't have time to fix it? They need to patch it fast. But i got my version running well, so i have no reason to actually give it bad score, because game is working, i get 60fps, fighting with mouse feels good (better than controller). That's why i want to rate the game, not the issues and game itself is very, very good. Would recommend, if you know how to turn on DirectX11 mode manually (not inside game, because there's no option for it sadly). If you don't know how to turn DirectX11 on, don't buy it, because without that fix, it will stutter no matter what. But as game, it's easy 11/10. Expand
  56. Dec 19, 2021
    I think i'm lucky that i never played the original and i don't know absolutely anything about the story, i had only seen trailer. I feel like this game is kind of underrated, because it absolutely deserves more attention and i think that's why it's really good that it's finally on PC. I have heard some people call this dialogue cheesy, i disagree. I think it's actually refreshing that gameI think i'm lucky that i never played the original and i don't know absolutely anything about the story, i had only seen trailer. I feel like this game is kind of underrated, because it absolutely deserves more attention and i think that's why it's really good that it's finally on PC. I have heard some people call this dialogue cheesy, i disagree. I think it's actually refreshing that game has lighthearted dialogue. Not every game needs to be dark and depressing like "Max Payne 3" (and i'm saying that as Max Payne fan). I'm in Chapter 4 so far and it has been REALLY enjoyable. It's rare to have game that actually has so many likable and simply well written, nice female characters. In recent years in games like Last of Us 2 every female is basically completely bish and angry at everything and everyone. This Final Fantasy 7 Remake is extremely refreshing in that regard.

Cloud seems to be kind of typical badass hero, kind of like Leon from Resident Evil series, but little bit different as well. Cloud clearly has some dark backstory and that's why he isn't "happy and all over the place". I like him as a main character. I have been life-long PC player and i swear, if it wasn't for this PC version, i would have never even tried this game. So now the problematic part. It's flawed release. idk why, but there is some stutter issue, why they released it like that, i have no idea. But it's obvious that they are going to fix it, they have to. How i pretty much fixed that stutter issue for myself was pretty simple, i just tried different fixed fps from Nvidia Control Panel, until i found the sweet spot. So depending on your system i would suggest just try different FPS caps, for example try 55fps or 50fps, 45fps, either way it's way over 30 and better than PS4 version. That's obviously not perfect, but that seems to be the best fix by now, until they patch it. So yeah when you change fps from Nvidia control panel, it overrides the one in actual game, so whatever you set in-game doesn't matter after that. Also price is absurdity for this game when it has some issues as well, but either way, i got it running smooth on my system, it looks visually very good, characters are likable and interesting, dialogue/voice acting is great and amazing soundtrack.

If these issues wont bother you and you can get fps fixed for your system, it's way better experience than PS4 one. Let's not forget that Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC at launch was absolutely horrible, almost unplayable, very buggy, so FF7Remake PC version compared to that, is very decent, even Arkham Knight PC version at launch was million times worse and we all know that they completely fixed RDR2 PC version and it is definitive edition now. I'm expecting the same happen with FF7Remake. Overall great, fun game and yes, if you change some stuff in Nvidia Control Panel, it will be playable even without stutter.
  57. Dec 18, 2021
    Good. Some performance issues aside, it's beautiful game, that has actually unique story.
  58. Dec 20, 2021
    Here's how i got it running smooth 60fps high settings 1080p no lag at all - go to settings (not in game, but inside the game folder) and set it to -dx11. This made HUGE performance difference. I had huge lag in hub area (slums), now lag is completely gone. I literally started the game over, to experience it smoothly this time (i was in chapter 5, so it's not a big deal). Game is amazing.
  59. Dec 18, 2021
    Surprisingly good game, some negative reviews here make it look like it's worst PC game of all time or something, but that's absolute lie. I get solid 100fps with GTX 1070 and game is really fun so far. I guess people have nothing else to do with their lives than spread negativity and downvote games that they wouldn't play anyway.
  60. Dec 19, 2021
    Okay hear me out. This is far from perfect PC version. BUT, to say that it's awful or unplayable would be just lying. I feel like people are just angry that it's priced so high, so they just lie and that's also wrong. Yeah it's not worth that price, but at the same time, it doesn't have denuvo, so there's other options. For example someone here wrote that you can't change key bindings,Okay hear me out. This is far from perfect PC version. BUT, to say that it's awful or unplayable would be just lying. I feel like people are just angry that it's priced so high, so they just lie and that's also wrong. Yeah it's not worth that price, but at the same time, it doesn't have denuvo, so there's other options. For example someone here wrote that you can't change key bindings, that's absolute lie, you can change every key/mouse button. I played exactly 1 hour, so basically when you get outside for the first time and i didn't experience any extreme lag. I played it 1080p / 60fps and that's already better than PS4pro version. Also, playing with keyboard and mouse feels so much better than controller. Maybe it's just my personal preference, because that's what i mainly use, but when i was playing ps4 version last year, i didn't enjoy boss fights with controller. Now with mouse and keyboard i can do everything so much faster, move faster, choosing spells, abilities is better, etc. Also just combat and looking around is simply better for me with keyboard and mouse, very smooth. So yeah while it's not worth the money, it is absolutely playable, looks great as expected and runs (at least for me) well enough. It absolutely needs some performance patches, but its FAR from unplayable. Also game itself is super fun, so i'm glad it's on PC and already with this version available, i will never go back to PS4 version. Even just 60fps makes huge difference, but like i said, mouse and keyboard are amazing with this game. Wait for price drop or get it from somewhere else, but don't skip this game, because some people say that it's worst PC version ever or unplayable, because that's not true. Even in this state, it runs better / looks better than PS4 version. Expand
  61. Dec 21, 2021
    Lets just put aside the fact that this is an epic exclusive, buggy, bare-boned PC port apparently worth 80 euros and lets talk about the actual game for a second.

I really wanted to love this game as someone who absolutely loves the original and its story. It does get a lot of things right, yet a lot of other things terribly, terribly wrong. For every iconic moment done right, there's hours upon hours of hit or miss (mostly miss) filler content and insultingly shallow side-quests. The voice acting ranges from pretty good, to teeth grindingly cringe. However, the main problem resides with the story itself.

Some of the extended lore, scenes and character back-stories were done very well, and turning midgar from a few dozen screens into a bigger, living space was a treat for the most part. However, without spoiling, the pacing is out the window, you see characters which should not be in Midgar at this point being in Midgar, and important late-game revelations are spoiled considering we are 6 hours into the original 30 hours. For those who know, the original was harsh regarding loss, yet in this game that is undermined (to put it lightly) which wrecks the message, the urgency and the character motivations. Up to this point I would have given this game a 7. That however, is somehow shadowed by the kingdom hearts inspired, narrative-shattering new elements that give this game a bad fan fiction feel, especially at the end. This is not a "They changed muh game" moment, it's a "This new meta writing is downright abysmal and makes the final product significantly worse" moment. The original despite being a fantasy cyberpunk story, was well grounded in reality. Suspension of disbelief doesn't work when this has sequences which would fit into the Matrix or Doctor Strange, filled with a good amount of amateourish plot conveniences and deus ex machinas which would have you get laughed and booed out of a movie premiere if it were a motion picture. It's so jarring that I don't even think that going forward the story will play anywhere near the same, as important plot points have been ret-conned. I didn't play the DLC as Yuffie being in Midgar (as the trailers show) pretty much says it all. The original story while not being perfect by any mean, was pretty straight forward, simple to follow and to understand. This remake is a convoluted mess which leaves you staring at the credits in confusion and disbelief.

I waited for this game for two years and my only two thoughts were "FF7 what have they done to you" and "who thought this was a good idea should just put down the pen and retire". If I give it a 5 and not something lower, it's because some iconic scenes were done great, the graphics were mostly beautiful (except when you're being greeted by low-poly textures in the forefront), the music was amazing and overall the gameplay was pretty fun. Its frustrating because to be honest, they were so close to making an amazing remake, but they just couldn't help themselves (looking at you Tetsuya Nomura), and as such don't see myself playing the rest of this remake saga. If you want to play this game, just keep in mind that this is not FF7, the "remake" tag is an outright fabrication. Although the game almost follows the original's plot closely, the new elements render this a full on re-write, on the same vein as if the Titanic was sank by a gang of underwater sharks and a giant speaking octopus. While you're at it, the price tag is not justified in the least, wait till it's on sale. For those who never played the original and want to see what all the fuss is about, this is not it. Do yourself a favor, grab the original on steam and download the SYW mod to turn it into a great remaster.
  62. Dec 22, 2021
    There no real problems, unless you like to whine and complain your whole life, here's some examples - 1. Price doesn't matter, because it has no Denuvo and you can get this game easily from "other stores", 2. It doesn't matter what store it's on, what matters is the fact that it's on PC, 3. Stuttering can be fixed by extremely easy -dx11 fix, 4. It doesn't need to have million differentThere no real problems, unless you like to whine and complain your whole life, here's some examples - 1. Price doesn't matter, because it has no Denuvo and you can get this game easily from "other stores", 2. It doesn't matter what store it's on, what matters is the fact that it's on PC, 3. Stuttering can be fixed by extremely easy -dx11 fix, 4. It doesn't need to have million different graphics options, because it looks good already and if this is the intended visual for this game, then i'm okay with it, because it looks good anyway, 5. Story, music, characters - everything in this remake is expanded on, improved and in general better than original, 6. It was brilliant idea to slice this game up to 2 or 3 parts, because that way there's so much more content, lore and character development, otherwise it would be 5 hours game like Resident Evil 2 Remake, 8. It's not perfect PC version and needs some patches, but it's far from awful, runs already better than Arkham Knight and has almost zero bugs compared to Cyberpunk2077. You must have a low IQ to hate this game or say that it's bad. Expand
  63. Jan 1, 2022
    + Best version so far, if you’re willing to do a few minor tweaks on your own.
    + Excellent combat that reimagines FFVII’s ATB system in a modern way. It also caters to those who never want to use a menu with shortcuts.
    + Excellent mod support day one. + Great remastered soundtrack that adds depth to the original. + Great retelling of the Midgar Arc with some plot changes that while can
    + Best version so far, if you’re willing to do a few minor tweaks on your own.
    + Excellent mod support day one.
    + Great remastered soundtrack that adds depth to the original.
    + Great retelling of the Midgar Arc with some plot changes that while can be a bit daunting, end up fleshing out the world that much more and leaves us with anticipation for the next part.

- Not everyone will like the changes the story does. Purists will probably hate it.
    - It has some padding in some sections. Perhaps 5 hours too long.
    - You’ll want Part 2 right away.

Bottom line:

A fantastic remake now available for PC. Includes the DLC and DLC episode. It does have some technical issues but that is so easy to fix that I don’t feel the need to deduct a point from it. There is padding, stretching a 5-hour section into a 30 hour one would have that but it’s not really that bad when the rest of the game is this fantastic. I highly recommend it. It’s not perfect but it is a remake that was made with passion for the original game and it shows. If you already own the PS5 version, you can skip it BUT if you've never played it or lack a PS5 and don't mind a few tweaks, it's worth it.
  64. Jan 1, 2022
    First i was disappointed, 1. because of the new battle system 2. because of the childish dialogs at the beginning.

But after the first hours it totally throw me back to my childhood, all the memories slowly came up. It is graphical very beautiful as well all the small things like the squat challenge etc. were well carried over into modern gaming experience. The battle system turned out to be pretty convenient even though it is different but entertaining and super well balanced.

Overall the remake is totally worth it, it's a good game

Edit:
    Okay i have to adjust my rating, i didn't knew it ends after the fight against Sephiroth, a lot of things are missing from the original title. To be fair, it is surely a lot of hard work to transform all the things into a modern gameplay, let's hope the rest will be in another sequel
  65. Jan 2, 2022
    Simply an amazing gaaaaaaame! Not a perfect port, but if you're like me who doesn't get bothered by things like that, you are in for a treat my frienddd. Me wants part 2 ASAP.
  66. Dec 30, 2021
    I wouldn't go as far and say it's best game ever made, but it's certainly very fun and unique game. Great music, interesting characters, bosses and interesting world. Can't wait for Part 2!
  67. Dec 18, 2021
    This is very good game. Some of these Youtubers with their "DoN't bUy It" videos absolutely miss the point. They absolutely don't understand that some people have waited two years to play this on PC. Not everyone has PS4 or even wants to play it on PS4 and most people don't have PS5. So their logic is basically "never play it" ??? This is ridiculous. It's great game and despite some launchThis is very good game. Some of these Youtubers with their "DoN't bUy It" videos absolutely miss the point. They absolutely don't understand that some people have waited two years to play this on PC. Not everyone has PS4 or even wants to play it on PS4 and most people don't have PS5. So their logic is basically "never play it" ??? This is ridiculous. It's great game and despite some launch issues, it's very much playable on PC. Expand
  68. Dec 21, 2021
    Okay i figured it all out. Literally. Anyone who wants to understand what is actually going on here, just check Final Fantasy VII Remake PS4 page. There are over 1000 negative reviews and 100s of losers actually hating this game and complaining about this game.

This actually makes me sick, that these same losers are now here, pretending like "uh oh, pc version bad" while they actually hate this game regardless. This should be huge red flag for everyone - Ignore negative reviews!!! If you don't believe me, simply visit FF7Remake PS4 page and see for yourself. This game is absolute masterpiece, almost phenomenal work. It improves on original in every aspect possible.

I'm sure these fps issues this PC version has, will be fixed (dx11 fix already fixed mine), but don't let these haters review bomb this game, no matter what, don't let them do that. They simply don't deserve it. Fight back with 10/10s as hard as you can, i'm not even joking.
  69. Dec 22, 2021
    Anyone still having problems with stutter issue, simply change it to DirectX11 inside your game folder. There are tutorials on Youtube how to do that. It's extremely easy. Overall this game is phenomenal and even better at 60fps / with mouse and keyboard. I could never go back to that PS4 version. To me this version is already best there is.

It's not perfect when you buy it (so they

It's not perfect when you buy it (so they obviously need to patch it), but after messing with some settings (very easy), it runs well. I have seen countless way, way worse PC versions of AAA games over the years. FF7Remake kind of reminds me Resident Evil 4, it's very different game, but it has this similar vibe, where you have tons of unique, cool characters, villains, friends, epic looking bosses, buying stuff, upgrading your swords (guns in RE4) and also having this adventure feel, where you are not stuck in one place and you actually visit tons of unique looking locations.

Giving this game low score wont change absolutely anything, in my opinion this game deserves all the praise possible.
  70. Dec 21, 2021
    An average game with a lot of effort and some high quality production values. Pales in comparison to the original but still not trash. It offers little to appreciate as a newcomer and certainly, nostalgia aside, not much for long time fans. Poorly paced, clearly drawing out sections of the story in order to compensate for the need to get *something* out the door. It's not bad, it's notAn average game with a lot of effort and some high quality production values. Pales in comparison to the original but still not trash. It offers little to appreciate as a newcomer and certainly, nostalgia aside, not much for long time fans. Poorly paced, clearly drawing out sections of the story in order to compensate for the need to get *something* out the door. It's not bad, it's not great. It's not optimized well at all, otherwise I'd give it a 7/10 and say grab it when it's on sale. Expand
  71. Dec 22, 2021
    Why would not i give this game a 10? Is it 21:9 missing enough ? Dynamic res Off option lacking ?
    No. Simple solution for Dynamic res exists and 21:9 is not standard.
    No. Simple solution for Dynamic res exists and 21:9 is not standard.
    Stutters ? i don't have them , this is something blow out of proportions cause of price . Stupid angry revolt . Denuvo is Ok now , nobody complains, also microtrans DLC's are fine but good port with good PC controls should be bombed for 10$ more. Not Ok , games are not company that sell them.
    You all know game is outstanding ,only if it not your cup of tea as a type of game .
  72. Dec 21, 2021
    Way better than the original. But that's what this was supposed to be, improved and modernized version and imo they delivered pretty well. Hype for part II.
  73. Dec 28, 2021
    This game runs well for me at 1440p on my hardware. I think the battle-system and graphics are truly amazing. The only downside is that it look so long to come to PC.
  74. Dec 22, 2021
    After today i completely stopped taking Digital Foundry seriously or even caring about what they have to say. It's so obvious that their only goal with their video was to hate on this version as much as possible. "Why?" you might ask. Well it's pretty obvious. They don't care about actual video games, all they want are these "Cutting-edge PC features", that's what makes game good to them.After today i completely stopped taking Digital Foundry seriously or even caring about what they have to say. It's so obvious that their only goal with their video was to hate on this version as much as possible. "Why?" you might ask. Well it's pretty obvious. They don't care about actual video games, all they want are these "Cutting-edge PC features", that's what makes game good to them. NOT game itself, but the features. I remember how they praised Crysis Remastered Trilogy endlessly for it's features, while nobody actually cared about these games, because as games, Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 are actually extremely boring.

Stuttering can be pretty much fixed with dx11 fix, unless you want to have 120fps constantly, but i absolutely don't understand why anyone would care above 60fps in single player game (unless it's doom), but ok. Either way, it's better than PS4/PS4pro version and thanks to mouse/keyboard support, to me it's also better than PS5 version. Anyone saying that this game is "extremely buggy" has no idea what buggy means. I haven't encountered literally any bugs in 6 hours of gameplay. Stuttering is not a bug, it's different issue and it can be fixed with dx11 fix. What Cyberpunk2077 had, these were bugs.

I'm so tired of misinformed losers, who actually haven't even tried this game (not talking about Digital Foundry here) are trying to give advice or warning about games, they know nothing about.
  75. Dec 23, 2021
    Amazing Game! Amazing Game! Amazing Game! Amazing Game! Amazing Game! Amazing Game!
  76. Dec 23, 2021
    this game I be waiting for pc port for long time that great game also be sure fix a game because is stuttering
  77. Dec 23, 2021
    Reading some of these user reviews here is pretty hilarious. Of course this game is over-top in every possible way, but that's only good, because it's well made, so it's justified. Just cause this game has some lighthearted tone/dialogue doesn't automatically make it random teen-drama. This game deals with pretty heavy topics, nuclear powerplants, etc. All the main characters are over 20Reading some of these user reviews here is pretty hilarious. Of course this game is over-top in every possible way, but that's only good, because it's well made, so it's justified. Just cause this game has some lighthearted tone/dialogue doesn't automatically make it random teen-drama. This game deals with pretty heavy topics, nuclear powerplants, etc. All the main characters are over 20 years old and so are their voice actors. Just cause it's not your typical depressing, extremely serious game, doesn't mean it's not mature. It is mature game, it's just more lighthearted. Not every game needs to be like Red Dead Redemption 2 (and i love that game btw), but FF7Remake has different tone and that's okay, but like i said all the main characters are over 20 years old and while the game itself is over the top crazy and has more lighthearted tone than some others games (that's completely okay and even refreshing tbh), there's also lots deep, serious themes, moments and topic. Expand
  78. Dec 22, 2021
    The problems: 1- Price, 2- Store exclusive, 3- Stuttering, 4- Lack of options for a pc game, 5- Force to resolution scale (just, why?), 6- History change from original, 7- Just a slice from original game, 8- Bad port. You must have a low IQ to buy this.
  79. Dec 20, 2021
    The worst AAA PC port of the year. Masterpiece ruined by lazy porting team with lack of dedication and respect to players
  80. Dec 19, 2021
    A great game, but awful PC port.
    Performance issues, lack of graphic options, nightmare of a controls for some mini games and bike sequences (you can't change those) if you use M&KB.
  81. Dec 24, 2021
    It took me nearly 40 hours, but after finally finishing the main story of Final Fantasy VII Remake, I can confirm that this game was worth every penny of its $70 pricing, and worth every second of waiting since 2015. I love video games and I have never seen any AAA game look and sound so amazing. The graphics, the presentation, the characters, the world building, the story, and theIt took me nearly 40 hours, but after finally finishing the main story of Final Fantasy VII Remake, I can confirm that this game was worth every penny of its $70 pricing, and worth every second of waiting since 2015. I love video games and I have never seen any AAA game look and sound so amazing. The graphics, the presentation, the characters, the world building, the story, and the gameplay are all peak entertainment. The music is unbelievably epic, pushing the boundaries of any soundtrack in not just games, but in TV shows, and even big blockbuster movies! I have a decent mid-range PC, and I can confirm that the framerate never dropped to a point where the game became unplayable. I encountered zero crashes and very few, mild graphical bugs. The game ran very well from start to finish and I loved every single second of it! I will not spoil anything. It is very much worth experiencing yourself for owners of both PC, and PS5. Expand
  82. Dec 27, 2021
    like always square enix with its **** bad ports and they have the nerve to ask 70 dollars for it .i am putting quare enix and its sales on ignore from now on.
  83. Jan 7, 2022
    Le daria un 10 sino fuese por la falta de opciones graficas, quitando eso es un juego perfecto en historia y gameplay, perfectamente jugable y divertido.
  84. Dec 25, 2021
    A PORT of a REMASTER of a REMAKE of a THIRD of an OLD game from the 90s..

And..

I LOVE IT.
  85. Dec 28, 2021
    I've never played the original Final Fantasy VII, but I had friends who did talking me through the plot differences as I played.
    I think it's incredible for such a classic JRPG to be given to a team to remake from the ground up into a semi-open world action adventure RPG. Normally I'm not a fan of companies iterating on old content instead of making new things, but I think the way It hews closely enough to the original to still get its message across while shaking things up in ways that are really interesting adds so much artistic value beyond just being a simple HD remake.

In addition to the story, exploring the overworld was an artful mix of cinematic moments (most of which seem to be done in-engine extremely well rather than through pre-rendered video, which kept me from thinking 'ugh, another cutscene' the way I have in other cinematic games), relatively linear dungeonesque areas with item chests and sometimes occasional optional objectives hidden along the way, and semi-open exploration segments offering side quests and other points of interest. There were a couple of moments where I got a little tired of the dungeonesque areas going on for so long, but I think the game designers had a good handle on when to wrap them up and give you a break. All in all, traversing the game world was also an enjoyable part of playing the game. My only note is that the Chocobo transport system, which lets you fast travel, probably should've been introduced earlier on in the game. I know FF7R only covers a small portion of the original FF7, and the point at which Chocobos were introduced in FF7R is likely pretty faithful to FF7, but it was a little weird only unlocking fast travel at around the 35 hour mark of a game I spent 42 hours on, because you're not in Chocobo-accessible territory for very long after they become available to you. Running from place to place didn't take all that long, though, so no big deal.

The battles were really fun and just the right level of challenging for me on normal difficulty in classic mode, where the characters automatically do basic actions (attacking, guarding, dodging) and you choose the abilities/spells/summons/items to spend your Active Time Battle meter on. I found the AI did a good job automatically controlling the characters for me, but classic mode doesn't prevent you from actively controlling the characters if you feel like you can do better! That was a really smart decision, because I enjoyed battling so much I controlled the characters more than the AI did. Any time I did poorly in a battle, the game made it easy to intuit what I had done wrong (typically I didn't exploit an elemental weakness, tried to dodge attacks meant to be blocked, or attacked enemies while they were set up to counter) and if there was ever any doubt, I could just use the Assess ability you can equip early on in the game to bring up enemy info, including weaknesses/resistances and sometimes tactical tips.
    I never felt under leveled, and I didn't go out of my way to grind for experience, either, which means the game designers did a great job in my opinion!

I know there have been some complaints from content creators about the PC port being poorly optimized/ported, so here's my experience! I had very few issues with the graphics performance: I dropped the shadows from high to low, which allowed me to increase the FPS from 30 to a steady 60, and that was the only graphics setting I changed. The game is gorgeous and changing the shadow quality wasn't noticeable to me at all -- even turned down they still looked great -- so I wasn't missing out.
    There were extremely rare cases of stuttering, but when the game is 30 to 60 hours long (my first play through took 42 hours), a couple seconds' worth of frame skips is totally forgettable.
    I played on keyboard and mouse instead of with a controller, and I believe the default key binds here are definitely the weakest part of the port. Keyboard and mouse are almost certainly not the ideal way to play the game, but I made it through alright. The only real issue was the key mapping in the motorcycle battle segments which caused me to lose a couple of times when I probably could've first-tried them using a controller.

Honestly, the game is incredible, and whether it gets a sequel or not (take your time Square Enix) I'm immensely satisfied with the experience! It's not just one of my favorite games of 2021, I honestly think it's one of my favorite games of all-time.

(Update: After updating my NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER's drivers, NVIDIA GeForce Experience insisted I could run the game with everything set to the highest settings at 1080p and 60 FPS. Bumping the shadows back up, given they were the only thing I had turned down, once again made stuttering occur more frequently for me, so I feel even more confident now in saying that turning shadows down may help improve performance tremendously with no noticeable impact on how nice the game looks
  86. Jan 13, 2022
    The negative reviews say the game is laggy/bad port/square enix sucks at pc porting and all give it a 0 in score... I recommend viewing all reviews and you will se what I mean. And yet, a patch is released 2 weeks after release and meaning someone has worked on it during the holidays... Games are not really a fresh-ware that will rot unless u play them day one... Why rush bad reviews forThe negative reviews say the game is laggy/bad port/square enix sucks at pc porting and all give it a 0 in score... I recommend viewing all reviews and you will se what I mean. And yet, a patch is released 2 weeks after release and meaning someone has worked on it during the holidays... Games are not really a fresh-ware that will rot unless u play them day one... Why rush bad reviews for a Pc game? Is this the first PC game that u have ever played? Have u never ever really seen a pc game undergo patching and get fixed via updates in you live in 2022? are we on the same f-ng planet? As for the game itself. Its the same excellent game/story/everything that was released for the ps4/5. Its just as good as when it was released because its the same game. Tho being a PC PORT of course your personal setup is going to differ from potato to nasa computer. Also there are very easy fixes and even improvements via modding community so id say its even better then ever! Expand
  87. Jan 6, 2022
    The devs think we are stupid.... Too much expensive !!!! Are you stupid ? It's free on PS+...
    With a reduce price to 40€ I can buy it... not more...
  88. Dec 25, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game with a huge focus on story, characters, and world-building. I don't remember the last time when the story absorbed me so much. Yes, there are few bugs here are there, but nothing game-breaking. Usually minor visual glitches. Expand
  89. Dec 31, 2021
    I'm just an average joe who in fact picked up this game by accident when I was young in 1997 for PC. To see where it is at today is a blessing! I cannot describe how much I adore the amount of effort that went into this Remake. It ran beautifully on my RTX 2070 and played even better than I could imagine. The fluid combat felt amazing and the end game content as well as other moments hadI'm just an average joe who in fact picked up this game by accident when I was young in 1997 for PC. To see where it is at today is a blessing! I cannot describe how much I adore the amount of effort that went into this Remake. It ran beautifully on my RTX 2070 and played even better than I could imagine. The fluid combat felt amazing and the end game content as well as other moments had me in tears. Yes my heart aches for these works of fiction, because their real to me and I appreciate the current, past and present team at Square for all their tremendous effort at making me feel something in this world that couldn't be felt elsewhere. I see your plot and decrypt your encoding with the cypher that is my psyche. I never write reviews, mainly because I think opinions are placated with self pride and jaded adultery, but I wanted to pour my thirty-two year old man heart into this right after finishing the main story of Midgar for myself, while the wounds were still fresh.

I truly hope others can look past negative hype and feel something for themselves for a change or at least judge through a lens of compassion rather than capitalism or want.
  90. Jan 13, 2022
    Amazing JR-PG that really hits the nostalgia button. The original FF7 was one of the greatest titles of all time and this remake doesn't fail to impress. The cut-scenes flow beautifully with game-play and the environment is something to behold. It's amazing to see a modern transformation of the original game.

There are some downsides like sub-optimal PC performance, some awkward voice

There are some downsides like sub-optimal PC performance, some awkward voice acting, and generic NPCs but other than that It's great. Solid 8/10
  91. Jan 13, 2022
    This game iş amazing ! İ completed this 12 times with rtx. Ee
  92. Dec 22, 2021
    Underlying game seems awesome, if I could play it. This port is so buggy it ruins the game entirely. Video lag with a decent graphics card (see other reports on this, someone with a 3090 running on 1080 resolution got lag still so it's a game issue). When the sound started tearing to nearly incomprehensible levels I refunded the game. This game's awesomeness requires immersion and the bugsUnderlying game seems awesome, if I could play it. This port is so buggy it ruins the game entirely. Video lag with a decent graphics card (see other reports on this, someone with a 3090 running on 1080 resolution got lag still so it's a game issue). When the sound started tearing to nearly incomprehensible levels I refunded the game. This game's awesomeness requires immersion and the bugs entirely destroy that immersion. Epic requires less than 2 hours of play time to refund, so buyer beware... Expand
  93. Dec 18, 2021
    So yeah, while this PC version could have been with more graphics options like Days Gone was, i think it's still very decent game. People who give it 0 seem to have some other issues.
  94. Dec 18, 2021
    ngl pretty cool game, i have never played any Final Fantasy game, so this is first for me, having fun.
  95. Dec 18, 2021
    Not perfect, but that's okay for now, if they patch it i will change my rating eventually.
  96. Dec 18, 2021
    Insane stuttering on a very high-end PC. This is pretty unacceptable.

There is also a glaring lack of options, and it's only on the Epic Store. Eww.
  97. Dec 18, 2021
    80 € for a port of a game over a year old, that you can only get digitally and that won't even cost that much on the original platform?? I'm a huge fan of the original, finished it several times, played every spin off and even watched the movies out there, but no way I'm going to accept a 30 € spike on the price suddenly just because they are greedy
  98. Dec 23, 2021
    70$ for a terrible port.. not only trying to raise the price, but put 0 effort in the port.. square go f*** yourself
  99. Dec 21, 2021
    $80 for what? as a PC user you can´t reach high frame rates, not even use wide monitor format, and the worst, is an exclusive of the EPIC game store, you know the reason, at steam this game would have a mixed review, or even worst, only fanboys, bots, and **** give this game a 10/10, it's not an acceptable port, wait until the community fixes the game, yep, Square Enix is not cappable of$80 for what? as a PC user you can´t reach high frame rates, not even use wide monitor format, and the worst, is an exclusive of the EPIC game store, you know the reason, at steam this game would have a mixed review, or even worst, only fanboys, bots, and **** give this game a 10/10, it's not an acceptable port, wait until the community fixes the game, yep, Square Enix is not cappable of fixing it. Expand
  100. Dec 18, 2021
    Installed on 16gb RAM, SSD, RTX3060, fresh new laptop. Shadow set to low due to VRAM limitation (lack of optimization?), everything else high at 1440p, 90fps. Still stutter in both sector 7 and sector 5 slump battles.

Not professionally ported, yet asking for professionally high fee. Not worth the buy now, wait for patch. Or else going to spend more time hunting through forums and googling for optimization tweaks and mods than enjoying the game at its intend.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 18 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 20, 2022
    If you have already played Final Fantasy VII Remake on the PlayStation, then we can hardly recommend this port, the only exception being if you are a “PC purist” that also loves a good JRPG along the way. If that is the case, you will finally have the opportunity to try this achievement of a game and see for yourself why fans of the seventh instalment of the long-running JRPG series were so thrilled with this remake a few years ago.
  2. Jan 11, 2022
    Yes, Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade is still that excellent game that amazed us in its console launch, but we expected far more from the PC version. It's maddening really, that with all the technological advancement it doesn't look better. This is not the port that consumers deserve, but the one that Square Enix could deliver.
  3. Jan 11, 2022
    This version of Final Fantasy 7 Remake isn’t as huge a step up from the PS4 or PS5 version as it should be, but it is still more than a suitable way to experience it outside of the console space.