9.5

1. Dec 8, 2021
    Endwalker solidifies FF14s Status as the king of the mmo genre - a masterpiece through and through, put together through years of love, crafted with passion and pure magic.
  2. Dec 8, 2021
    The best story, full of love and hope.
    It is extremely heavy and shocking, yet it is extremely warm and passionate.
    Each dungeon is very impressive and amazing, and the trails are even more astonishing.
    Endwalker is undoubtedly the most perfect ending chapter of this great tale.
  3. Dec 8, 2021
    The story is even better than Shb. Staging was better and we get almost no filler story arcs.
    Class updates are nice, even small quality of life changes like the timing of the scholar shield. Summoner maybe a little too dumb, but feels good.
    Zone-wise, Old Sharlayan is the best city in the game, calm music with a layout around the teleporter. Radz-at-Han is not my favorite, the outdoor zones and the city and you can't mount in the stones in the transition area (I was hoping we could mount again after little Eulmore).
    Overall, the variety of zones with many changing themes is brilliant.
    The only question I'm a bit scared of is whether this expansion will be a first single-player first and a multiplayer second expansion again. Story-wise, Shb was brilliant, but when it comes to gameplay, Stoormblood is unbeatable.
    I hope we can achieve a better balance with this expansion, but that can only show the future.
    For the story and the first 20-30 hours 10/10.
  4. Dec 8, 2021
    Square Enix somehow finds a way to deliver a beautiful ending that ties together the various outlying threads that have been set up over the past 10 years. Endwalker brings together a beautiful soundtrack across the various forms of content that leaves you wanting to hear more even when you're not playing. The content itself pulls out emotions of joy and sadness that captivate you throughSquare Enix somehow finds a way to deliver a beautiful ending that ties together the various outlying threads that have been set up over the past 10 years. Endwalker brings together a beautiful soundtrack across the various forms of content that leaves you wanting to hear more even when you're not playing. The content itself pulls out emotions of joy and sadness that captivate you through the amazing story, enchanting scenery/zone designs, and character development.

Aside from the story and zones the additional content added to the game such as job changes bring a refreshing improvement to the job actions that makes them more fluid and enjoyable to play. The new jobs Reaper and Sage are not only creative but engaging jobs that excel expectations in gameplay and design. They lie amongst the most interesting and fun jobs to play not only for their respective roles but in the entire game and MMO genre.

The servers have been facing minor issues (such as queues and login errors) as any new MMO expansion faces but Square Enix has provided daily updates on the status of server improvements and has been attempting to combat the issues as best as they can. Users have even been provided with free game time as compensation for the few issues. Considering the semi-conductor shortage that has made it near impossible for them to acquire the proper server technology to rid users of the server issues completely their active communication and determination convinces me that the minor server issues will be resolved quickly.

All in all Final Fantasy XIV's Endwalker expansion is arguably their best work to date and any fan of the game will appreciate the thrilling and emotionally impactful end of the Hydaelyn and Zodiark saga. The expansion excels expectations in every aspect and leads me to believe that Endwalker is not only amongst if not the best expansion to date within any MMO, but that Final Fantasy XIV is the definitive best MMO to play right now.
  5. Dec 8, 2021
    Issa masterpiece. For real though Endwalker acts as the perfect end to the first saga of ffxiv. The new zones are amazing, the music is phenomenal and the story is on par, if not better than shadowbringers. So far ive only played Gunbreaker but the changes to it feel really good. TLDR Issa masterpiece.
  6. Dec 8, 2021
    It seemed impossible, but they surprised us again. So many good references to Final Fantasy IV.
  7. S_N
    Dec 8, 2021
    What are temporary server issues in the face of a pretty much perfect expansion?

Though slightly slow at the start, everything past the midpoint is astonishingly amazing, and it wraps up in what I feel pretty confident in calling a splendid ending.
  8. Dec 8, 2021
    Brilliant and ever-beautiful storytelling complimented with great visuals and cinematography even if the cutscenes can get a bit verbose at times. Gameplay is as good as It's always been, super well-done dungeons and duties. Honestly, if you've played though XIV far enough to reach this expansion you're all but guaranteed an incredible experience. If Shadowbringers brought the feels,Brilliant and ever-beautiful storytelling complimented with great visuals and cinematography even if the cutscenes can get a bit verbose at times. Gameplay is as good as It's always been, super well-done dungeons and duties. Honestly, if you've played though XIV far enough to reach this expansion you're all but guaranteed an incredible experience. If Shadowbringers brought the feels, Endwalker walks all around in them. Expand
  9. Dec 8, 2021
    Barring the standard server login issues, once you get in there’s little to no input lag at all and I was never kicked from the game once.

When looking at the story how they handled the entire arc from the last 11 years to come up with what they did is just awe inspiring. The music in every new zone and dungeon is fantastic and though some dungeon weren’t as good as others all looked

The music in every new zone and dungeon is fantastic and though some dungeon weren’t as good as others all looked great and helped move the story forward in a good way. The level 90 dungeons being extra special in both sound and art design.

As for the jobs I have 1 of dps, healer and tank already at 90 and I’m in the process of getting tomes for my healer to raid. Most jobs are super solid though.

Some could’ve gotten a bit more love and attention sure but we have to understand that not every job can be reworked at once. The ones that did get a rework seem great. SMN is my 1 dps to 90 it’s never felt better then now to be a SMN. SCH though could use some love. But I digress.

As for crafting and gathering I’ve only dabbled a little bit so far but with the changes and improvements they made in shadowbringers I’m sure that whatever entails being a lvl 90 crafter/gather is going to be just fine.

I hope that everyone enjoys story and that the queue times get better. For me Endwalker was everything I could’ve hope for and more.
  10. Dec 8, 2021
    This is the best expansion, MSQ (main scenario quest) is literally a masterpiece. New jobs fells very awesome.

11. Dec 8, 2021
    The best expansion so far, closing the the era of Hydaelyn and Zodiark.

I could not imagine how Final Fantasy XIV could top their game after the release of Shadowbringers and somehow they did it. Having unexpected twists and turns later on the story.

With the new raid tier "Pandæmonium" coming up, I just can't wait to try it out in Savage.
  12. Dec 8, 2021
    Now with the conclusion to the decade long arc, i can say, this is by far the best Final Fantasy story.
    Loved the new locations, the enhancements to the jobs(+additions of the 2 new job classes).
    The little features they've added which made it even more immersive. I can only praise this game! I'd recommend this game to each and any FF and jrpg fan out there, even if you don't like
    The little features they've added which made it even more immersive.
    I can only praise this game!
    I'd recommend this game to each and any FF and jrpg fan out there, even if you don't like mmorpg's, the game is simply worth it.
  13. Dec 9, 2021
    This Expansion is everything I ever wanted. When I came from wow I was left without conclusions to the stories I loved but this game told me the best story I experienced in a very long time over the course of six years. I had my doubts if they could surpase the work they did in ShB. But after the Story starts a little bit witha Slow-Burn they managed to finish this arc of with a Banger.This Expansion is everything I ever wanted. When I came from wow I was left without conclusions to the stories I loved but this game told me the best story I experienced in a very long time over the course of six years. I had my doubts if they could surpase the work they did in ShB. But after the Story starts a little bit witha Slow-Burn they managed to finish this arc of with a Banger. It is amazing. The queue times could be handled better but I really can't minus point them for.it as I log in before work and just adapt. Expand
  14. Dec 8, 2021
    Barring the initial server issues expected of any major MMO expansion launch, Endwalker serves as the magnum opus of FFXIV and Yoshi-P. The music, art, and writing are better than they've ever been, and I can't wait to see what else the team has in store.
  15. Dec 8, 2021
    This may be the only game whose story has made me cry repeatedly with it's well-developed characters, intricate story and the genuinely emotional moments it takes the players through. Endwalker provides the game's hundreds of hours long story with an extremely satisfying ending. The new dungeons and trials are very fun to play, with most of the combat mechanics having been given quality ofThis may be the only game whose story has made me cry repeatedly with it's well-developed characters, intricate story and the genuinely emotional moments it takes the players through. Endwalker provides the game's hundreds of hours long story with an extremely satisfying ending. The new dungeons and trials are very fun to play, with most of the combat mechanics having been given quality of life improvements without lowering the skill required to play them. I would highly recommend this over anything else to anyone wanting to dive into an MMORPG. Expand
  16. Dec 8, 2021
    There are minor drawbacks, but there is a greatness that overwhelms them all.
  17. Dec 8, 2021
    And so ends the final chapter in the tale of the star.

And so ends the final chapter in the tale of the star.

What a beautiful adventure, excellent ending for a story that's been in the making for so many years. Everything pays off in the end, my satisfaction is immeasurable and I cannot wait for what Yoshi-P and the team have in store. The music is as always on point, a pleasure to listen every second of it. Fight encounters were really enjoyable and I'm looking forward to experiencing them again both in their regular and harder variants.

What few flaws I found, seemed minuscule compared to all the great aspects of this expansion. I do not believe queues should in any way affect score of an expansion, as the reviews will affect decisions of people in the future where those issues will be no more and as it stands there was little they could have done to prevent them anyway.
  18. Dec 8, 2021
    An 8-year saga coming to an end. My only hope for EW was that they land the ending. And I can wholeheartedly say they did.

Every piece of your journey meant something. That sentence alone already says how much care they put into this.

What a finale.
  19. Dec 8, 2021
    I didn't think it was possible, but they topped Shadowbringers. After 60+ hours already at the time of writing (1000+ overall in FFXIV) EW has turned out to be my favorite FF story in the whole franchise!
  20. Dec 8, 2021
    Absolutely amazing. This expansion leaves me quite speechless...

Not sure how its possible, since Shadowbringers was ingenious and amazing and raised the bar very high. Yet, this expansion hits even harder, Evoking depth of emotion, introspection and contemplation. Compassionate, humane, touching deeply and all the while remaining entertaining and humorous at all times. Masterfully
    Absolutely amazing. This expansion leaves me quite speechless...

Evoking depth of emotion, introspection and contemplation. Compassionate, humane, touching deeply and all the while remaining entertaining and humorous at all times. Masterfully paced. A brilliant conclusion of a 10 year saga. Satisfying and mesmerizing.
    Music is a joy to behold. Every place, scene and battle is brought to great heights by Soken's incredible vision and talent.
    Writing and characters are probably among the best of any game I've played.

After the journey here you will be left with feelings and contemplation as to your own. Something only great art can achieve.

I can not praise the dev team enough. It is a true joy that such marvels are brought to existence.

***

If you are a new player and considering playing the game, I can not recommend this enough. It is a gem mastered carefully with abundance of love, care and talent. It is a slow burner but absolutely worth your time and attention.
  21. Dec 8, 2021
    The best expansion in a mmo with shadowbringers, I can not lower points for people who can not login is something that is solved with the passing of days
  22. Dec 16, 2021
    I know it's already mentioned by many people here, but endwalker has shattered my expectation after shadowbringer, which was unimaginable. The storytelling and plot are just nearly perfect. Usually, I could find a few things that could be done better in a story, but in this game, I really couldn't. If you can get past the login queue, you're in for a treat. If you're one of those MSQI know it's already mentioned by many people here, but endwalker has shattered my expectation after shadowbringer, which was unimaginable. The storytelling and plot are just nearly perfect. Usually, I could find a few things that could be done better in a story, but in this game, I really couldn't. If you can get past the login queue, you're in for a treat. If you're one of those MSQ skippers then I truly feel sorry for you. Expand
  23. Dec 8, 2021
    I created an account on metacritic just to rate 10 to this expansion, that's how good it is.

Yes, it's better than Shadowbringers.
  24. Dec 8, 2021
    Splendid Game! Impressive characters. Philosophical plot design. Thank you SE!
  25. Dec 8, 2021
    One of the greatest tales ever told gets its perfect ending. Creative Business Unit 3 somehow exceeded their lofty expectations, a feat impressive by any standards, but especially so considering it’s predecessor, Shadowbringers, was considered one of the greatest video game expansions ever. That crown now goes to Endwalker. From an exceptional soundtrack, tight cinematography, masterfulOne of the greatest tales ever told gets its perfect ending. Creative Business Unit 3 somehow exceeded their lofty expectations, a feat impressive by any standards, but especially so considering it’s predecessor, Shadowbringers, was considered one of the greatest video game expansions ever. That crown now goes to Endwalker. From an exceptional soundtrack, tight cinematography, masterful writing, immersive voice acting, and white-knuckle boss encounters, Endwalker is at the top of its class. The dungeons and boss fights are filled with spectacular set pieces, only made even more grandiose by the high stakes the story sets and the masterful musical orchestration. It’s no small feat to wrap up a story almost a decade in the making, but they somehow do so in a cathartic way. Endwalker is packed full of satisfying plot conclusions, moments of tranquility and despair, heartwarming and tasteful call backs, and story written with the purest of heart. With well over 60 hours of story telling and content, Endwalker leaves nothing undone, nothing unsaid, and misses no beats. It starts slow and builds up to a deafening crescendo, unfolding and revealing its mysteries 10 years in the making.

Endwalker and the FFXIV saga is simply a masterpiece that is almost mandatory for those who love MMO’s, RPGs, and world class story telling.
  26. Dec 8, 2021
    This is a fantastic capstone from the story and franchise that they have labored to nurture these last 8 years. They have a wonderful and well balanced selection of previous story characters and have helped the Main Story Quest so that it is more cutscene focused than fetch quest.

There's a lot of negativity about the queue times but the game has really exploded in popularity in the last couple years especially in the last 6 months. They mentioned that they knew the queue times would be an issue but with the supply chain issues we have had for the last two years its hard to get access to additional hardware. When queues die down and everyone is playing casually again it will be an amazing story and adventure for all.
  27. Dec 8, 2021
    One of the best stories of the entire Final Fantasy franchise. The internet is gushing about this game for a reason.

Where some other games can get weaker as time goes on, FFXIV has only grown stronger into an absolute juggernaut. The writing, area design, encounters, music, everything - I can hardly put into words how wonderful it is.
  28. Dec 8, 2021
    This is the best expansion of all time, i 'd say of all games. Honestly...they overcome themselves.
    Final Fantasy XIV its not just a game...its a philosophical journey. The best community ever, the best MMORPG ever made. The best time to play is now! :)
    Congratulations Yoshi Team!
  29. Dec 9, 2021
    This game, this game expansion was such a lifelong experience, I can't even put into words. Everything, the music, the cutscenes, the interactions with characters, the duties, the dungeons, the trials, the zones feel carefully crafted with love and passion. I can't recommend it enough. Yes the queues are long but if you have the patience to wait for it, you will be not disappointed.This game, this game expansion was such a lifelong experience, I can't even put into words. Everything, the music, the cutscenes, the interactions with characters, the duties, the dungeons, the trials, the zones feel carefully crafted with love and passion. I can't recommend it enough. Yes the queues are long but if you have the patience to wait for it, you will be not disappointed.
    Simply put: I just love this game.
  30. Dec 8, 2021
    Moving scenes, nice animation, perfect characters, and exciting music. I like everything about this. Thank you Yoshida and Ishikawa. My tears will tell you everything
  31. Dec 8, 2021
    I like the story of this game, which brings me a lot of joy and tears.
    There are also many details and small ideas in the game.
  32. Dec 8, 2021
    They did what many of us thought was a difficult task, they exceeded all expectations they went farther than Shadowbringers, it's a beautiful and emotional history that is worth experiencing, from the music, the environments the dungeons, and trials. Yes, they had issues with the servers due to a huge amount of players, but I don't think that single thing can eclipse this masterpiece.
  33. Dec 9, 2021
    For me, Endwalker is the greatest video game story ever told. I really didn’t think they could top Shadowbringers, but they did. Literally my favourite video game ever.
  34. Dec 9, 2021
    I... was afraid when I began this expansion. Afraid that it couldn't live up to it's predecessor.
    But, it did. It's an wonderful capstone to a journey which has spanned nearly a decade of my life. Fighting through the queues of people who so desperately wanted to play, nudging aside the unease of certain moments and pushing through my rather bad habit of putting off endings, it was worth it. Endwalker is..really good. The music, yes, which is guaranteed to be good because Soken created it. But the story is wonderful. It feels like giving it anything less than a ten would be disrespectful.
  35. Dec 8, 2021
    One of the best JRPG/RPG/MMORPG and Final Fantasy ever made, Endwalker was crafted by a talented team able to make incredible stories, music, and animations with Yoshi-P at the helm.

The story was so amazing that I teared up several times and was able to making me feel several strong emotions. Emotions that blew up thanks to the sublime conclusion of a story arc that has been going since 2010.

On the wings of Final Fantasy games, FFXIV not only is able to please long time fans of the series playing FF games since 1987, making this game a theme park mmorpg, it moves the series forward as a standalone rpg/jrpg, making the rpg part in "mmo" a reality.

Endwalker can be considered the culmination of a masterpiece. And as many masterpieces in art, be music, story, painting, drawings and so on once you reach the end it leaves you in shambles crying, and a feeling of emptiness. But in my heart I know that this is just the beginning for FFXIV, the story will move forward and I'm eager and excited to see what this amazing team will be able to let us embark on.

FFXIV is a love relationship between players and devs, players and creators, devs and creators, I want to say thank you to Yoshi-P, the ffxiv team and the community (most of it at least) for this amazing experience from the bottom of my heart. It gives me hope for the future of Final Fantasy but even more so for the real world, thanks to the messages that the story delivers to the players. A message of hope, bonds, friendship and strength.
  36. Dec 8, 2021
    Great experience! Been playing this game since ARR and with the realease of Endwalker marking the ending of the Hydaelyn and Zodiark tales it just feel so fulfilling! It it a magnificent history that deservers every compliment it gets!
  37. Dec 9, 2021
    Endwalker is without a shadow of doubt, the best sendoff one could ask for to an ongoing decade-old saga in one of the best MMO. They actually did it- they just topped Shadowbringers in the zones, dungeons, music, trials and storytelling. Everything is delivered in a harmonious package that hits me in the right notes.

At the time of writing the raid hasn't been released. I'm very eager

At the time of writing the raid hasn't been released. I'm very eager to see the evolution of raid design and what's in store for the game for the next ten years.
  38. Dec 11, 2021
    Good story!
    Great skill upgrades for jobs.
    Beautiful new locations.
    The only drawback is the queues.
  39. Dec 8, 2021
    Possibly the best story I've ever experienced. Yes up there with the likes of Chrono Trigger and Xenogears. It is unbelievably good.

If you enjoyed Shadowbringers you absolutely owe it to yourself to play this.
  40. Dec 8, 2021
    GOTY del año simple y fácil , pensabas que shadowbringers era legendario como expansión? pff bienvenido a ff14 donde el buen trabajo de square enix y por supuesto de lord emperor YOSHI P , dan clases de como hacer una buena expansión y sobre todo un buen MMO.
  41. Dec 8, 2021
    Endwalker deserves all the praises and more. i never though shadowbringer could be dethroned for one of my favorite RPG's but Endwalker ties up the story of the saga so well together that I am just overwhelmed with this perfect ending to 8 years of great storytelling. For anyone that loves game soundtracks Soken again has surpassed himself and Endwalker has my favorite music of all ff14Endwalker deserves all the praises and more. i never though shadowbringer could be dethroned for one of my favorite RPG's but Endwalker ties up the story of the saga so well together that I am just overwhelmed with this perfect ending to 8 years of great storytelling. For anyone that loves game soundtracks Soken again has surpassed himself and Endwalker has my favorite music of all ff14 expansions.

For anyone who couldnt get through ARR I recommend you just bear it because in the end its so worth it and you will be rewarded with one of the best stories in video game history. Thanks Soken. Thanks Ishikawa. Thanks YoshiP. Thanks CBUIII. Thanks to all the players that made this masterpiece possible.
  42. Dec 8, 2021
    What can I say? The music, the message, the Battle system, the colors (finally better and meaningful). I can't imagine a game so good that the only bad side is that you need to play a lot, from Realm Reborn until Endwalker, to understand the message and meaning, while enjoying an awesome game.
    It's an experience that i suggest to everyone.
  43. Dec 8, 2021
    This expansion manage to surpassed even Shadowbringer in many way. Don't let the launch issue discourage you from trying out this masterpiece
  44. Dec 8, 2021
    Nobody has expected SQE and producer Yoshida to come up with an another fascinating expansion after the Shadowbringers. They have wrapped up the whole saga in an incredible way, giving users a heartwarming experience as they bring up memories in the past.
  45. Dec 8, 2021
    The best expansion ever! its funny that the only negative review its getting is salty people in Queue
  46. Dec 9, 2021
    This game is crafted with love, respect and passion. The story is incredible. The amount of little details is impressive. It's a great ending of 10 year saga. It was worth it.
  47. Dec 9, 2021
    Bringing a chapter to a close 10 years in the making this expansion ABSOLUTELY delivers. Where the already brilliant Shadowbringers had some really strong highpoints, this time those highpoints are in abundance throughout the entire leveling experience. With amazing music, great setpieces, fun content and an overall great MMO experience I've had a ton of fun as I shut myself of for theBringing a chapter to a close 10 years in the making this expansion ABSOLUTELY delivers. Where the already brilliant Shadowbringers had some really strong highpoints, this time those highpoints are in abundance throughout the entire leveling experience. With amazing music, great setpieces, fun content and an overall great MMO experience I've had a ton of fun as I shut myself of for the first few days after the early access came out.

The elephant in the room would be the enormously long ques for anyone who doesn't login early in the morning, but I don't count that against it, since with the current ongoing semiconductor shortage making it impossible to buy new servers AND the huge and sudden influx of WoW players a few months ago make the already insane experience of having to release an MMO expansion even more shaky. There's really nothing the dev team could've done here that they weren't already doing or trying.
  48. Dec 8, 2021
    圧倒的なストーリーボリュームと、その完成度。魅力的な新ジョブ。美しさと驚きにあふれた新マップに、それらを印象付ける至高の音楽の数々。それらをサポートする、最高の開発・運営チーム。MMO RPGとしてではなく、JRPG、あるいはただゲームとして最高峰に位置すると思う。
  49. Dec 8, 2021
    Great MSQ, great music, great ending. Amazing experience, All the waiting is worth it
  50. Dec 12, 2021
    the best video game i ever played and i played a bit of games through the years,
    i honestly believe this is a one in a life time experience and i feel honored to have lived when this expansion released.

now leaving aside my personal love for the game, there have been some launch issues but those are nothing really and are just a testament that this game is too popular since there is too many people trying to play it at the same time.
    the story was great, it wrapped up alot of questions and plot threads that have been open since the release of 2.0 and some since 1.0, they also have mastered a new way of telling story through the use of maps and how to revile them to the player with also new work done on the cutscenes side.

in terms of gameplay i have leveled and played warrior (tank), summoner (dps), Scholar (healer) and tbh the game feels it's best now where in they did alot of QoL additions to all the jobs and reworked some like the summoner and my conclusion to it that gameplay feels quite good even better than shb in some cases and in general removing 90s jobs and unifying all jobs on 60s / 120s rotations have made the game less confusing for some and didn't really effect the skill gap too much.

the zones were all magnificent, each offering something different and getting it's screen time and everything, while not being too bad in terms of unlocking flying.

the fights were really awesome be it dungeons, boss fights or solo fights in the msq they all have been great, and not to forgetting to mention the 2 extreme fights on offer at the release they both are really good and continue the same great design that started in shb while not being too difficult for people to kill and farm easily with random groups while people still learning their new versions of their jobs all and all 10/10.

Lastly the music, it has been exceptional through out the whole expansion using the greatest iconic melodies of the game and older FF games while also creating new tracks to jam to, for anyone that likes video games music this is a masterpiece by all accounts.

TLDr: game is too good go play now or at least when servers are less crowded and you can log in
  51. Dec 11, 2021
    Absolute masterpiece.
    Queues are long, yes, but that's normal in any new game or expansion, once you are in game there's 0 issues, no lag, no Raubahn Extremes, everything works smooth.
    Endwalker is excellency, unique experience, something you can't express with words, the emotions, the journey, its something you have to live.
  52. Dec 8, 2021
    Endwalker is a victory lap for both FFXIV and the FF series in general - a joyous affirmation of everything that has made this series great down through the years, whether it be diverse casts of lovable characters, interesting locales to explore, fun classes to play, or spectacular boss battles to overcome. It has its missteps here and there - small issues with quest pacing, dungeonEndwalker is a victory lap for both FFXIV and the FF series in general - a joyous affirmation of everything that has made this series great down through the years, whether it be diverse casts of lovable characters, interesting locales to explore, fun classes to play, or spectacular boss battles to overcome. It has its missteps here and there - small issues with quest pacing, dungeon design, and inconsistent voice acting to name but a few - but I found myself so swept up in the epic events unfolding before me that I just didn't care. I'm waiting with bated breath for the raids to drop and I can't wait to see where the dev team take the story as we begin a new saga in 6.1! Expand
  53. Dec 8, 2021
    Despite issues with logins caused by the massive influx of new players (for good reason). Endwalker wraps up an otherwise astounding narrative tale between good and evil. The story not only keeps the player on the edge of their seat, but takes them on an unexpected emotional rollercoaster. If someone is patient enough to play through the drier base game and make it this far, they will findDespite issues with logins caused by the massive influx of new players (for good reason). Endwalker wraps up an otherwise astounding narrative tale between good and evil. The story not only keeps the player on the edge of their seat, but takes them on an unexpected emotional rollercoaster. If someone is patient enough to play through the drier base game and make it this far, they will find a narrative experience that has never been seen to this scale in a video game before. Truthfully a masterpiece. Expand
  54. Dec 9, 2021
    The best expansion than it's predecessors!
    It's as a number of surprises!
    Only issue is its launch but that was expected! For a large number of wow refugees shifting to ffxiv
  55. Dec 9, 2021
    Amazing conclusion to the long journey since ARR. Absolutely beautiful and one of the best experiences I've ever had in gaming.
  56. Dec 9, 2021
  57. Dec 9, 2021
    Actual masterpiece. Though story and some narrative choices would not be liked by everyone, for me personally it outclasses Shadowbringers by a lot, which surely wasn't easy.
  58. Dec 9, 2021
    Never did I think Creative Business Unit III would be able to top the amazing work they did with ShadowBringers, the previous expansion to FFXIV. But after completing Endwalker i'm happy to say that i have been proven wrong. Personally I could not think of a better way to end the story ark they have been building since 2.0. I can not remember how many times I cried, I just know it was aNever did I think Creative Business Unit III would be able to top the amazing work they did with ShadowBringers, the previous expansion to FFXIV. But after completing Endwalker i'm happy to say that i have been proven wrong. Personally I could not think of a better way to end the story ark they have been building since 2.0. I can not remember how many times I cried, I just know it was a lot of times.

Don't even get me started on the music. Damn. It's just amazing and used perfectly, something which greatly enhances the experience of the story. It's a crime that FFXIV have not won any big awards for the music.

I can not wait to find out what the team will come up with next.
  59. Dec 9, 2021
    I thought topping Shadowbringers was impossible, but they did it. I can't believe it even as I'm writing this! Endwalker (and XIV overall) contains one of the best stories told through video games; and in addition to that, great visuals, amazing aesthetics, and stunning music. The cinematography in cutscenes is on the Hollywood level. And I'm not even mentioning various improvements theyI thought topping Shadowbringers was impossible, but they did it. I can't believe it even as I'm writing this! Endwalker (and XIV overall) contains one of the best stories told through video games; and in addition to that, great visuals, amazing aesthetics, and stunning music. The cinematography in cutscenes is on the Hollywood level. And I'm not even mentioning various improvements they made to the game overall. Have only played on BLM so far, and it feels like being vastly improved over Shadowbringers version, and player's reviews about other jobs tell much the same. Don't miss this one, folks, you are in for a feast!
    P.S. Yes, login problems and queues are very upsetting, but wait a week or two and it'll be much better! Queues are already declining and developers provided necessary fixes to address the login problems. The game isn't going anywhere and it's MUCH worth waiting until things settle down a bit.
  60. Dec 11, 2021
    What a journey... I thought Shadowbringers is the highest this game can get. I was wrong. They have done it again.
  61. Dec 9, 2021
    Best MMO expansion of all time, a perfect finale to sum up a whole 7 years adventure in Erozea. People said SHB`s story telling brought back the memory of JRPG`s golden time, but Endwalker topped it once more. Chef kiss to youship and the devs.
  62. Dec 9, 2021
    This expansion delivers on everything, art team, music team, narrative. In my opinion Endwalker manages to top Shadowbringer as an expansion. What a way to end the story so far
  63. Dec 9, 2021
    This is by far the best MMO expansion launch I have ever seen. The story is absolutely phenomenal, and when I thought that Shadowbringers was the pinnacle, this story absolutely crushes it. Natsuko Ishikawa is an absolute master and deserves awards for this storyline. I don't normally cry in real life, but this game made me feel things I've not felt in a video game before. The way theyThis is by far the best MMO expansion launch I have ever seen. The story is absolutely phenomenal, and when I thought that Shadowbringers was the pinnacle, this story absolutely crushes it. Natsuko Ishikawa is an absolute master and deserves awards for this storyline. I don't normally cry in real life, but this game made me feel things I've not felt in a video game before. The way they wrap up the storyline is absolutely genius. No markdowns for server queues because I think that is a lazy reason to mark down something so new. Congestion will get better. Expand
  64. Dec 9, 2021
    A great expansion made by great devs.
    The expac is better than shadowbringers!
    Well done! Devs of FFxiv. I am a very happy customer
    Although the queue times are bad but that's a healthy sign also the sldevs manage to give 7 days free time to compensate the queue days :)
  65. Dec 9, 2021
    An incredible Expansion. The story is great and a more than worthy successor to Shadowbringers. The new zones and cities look amazing. The music is beautiful. And the two new jobs are very well made. FFXIV has delievered 10/10
  66. Dec 9, 2021
    Basically best expansion for the best mmo game, what more can I say. There are huge queues but besides that it's hell of a smooth launch. Ten out of ten!
  67. Dec 9, 2021
    Deeply emotional story.
    Every music track kicks in at the right moment.
    I can only hope that someday the developers will be able to completely untie it from online, so that the game will forever remain in history and everyone can enjoy it.
  68. Dec 9, 2021
    In my opinion this expansion surpassed Shadowbringers. Best expansion so far.
    Story, music, duties, maps. Everything is just so good.
    Best Final Fantasy game ever.
  69. Dec 10, 2021
    Compared to ShB it is definitely more flawed, but at the same time it also reaches far higher peaks. Giving it a perfect score because in the end it really sticks the landing. And that is not something i can take for granted, for i can't even remember the last time i saw this happen with a story of this size. A fantastic end to an epic tale.
  70. Dec 10, 2021
    This expansion exceeded all my expectations. no wonder this is one of the best MMOs ever made, you can feel the love and passion the team behind this have for the game.
  71. Dec 10, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "Shadowbringers was amazing, but there's no way they could top it." - You, me, and every other fan of the game.

Thank goodness we were absolutely wrong. THIS is how you wrap up a 10 year long story. All the pieces of the puzzle, even all the way back in ARR, finally come together to tell the finale in a legendary ending. This isn't just the best story to ever be told in a MMO, it's one of my favorite RPG's of all time. From the music, the cut scenes, the gameplay, and the community, FFXIV has managed to make what feels like an impossible dream come to life.

"We too are miracles, each and every one of us. Born of the warm breath of life that traverses the heavens, swirling through eternity. When I fully grasped the improbability of our existence, nothing felt impossible any more. If it could be imagined, it could be done."
  72. Dec 10, 2021
    This is easily the greatest game I've ever played. It made me feel and experience things that I didn't think possible. Two words perfectly describe this: Masterpiece & Glorious
  73. Dec 11, 2021
    The queue are long, but once you are in everything is smooth. 0 bugs, 0 crashes, 0 lag. They really nailed it as usual
  74. Dec 11, 2021
    A great finale to the Hydaelyn and Zodiark gran saga. Definitely worth it if you invest a lot of the time on the msq and also the side content stories like the raid and alliance. Progression of the story feels so much smoother aside from some " follow someone " quest. Music wise is SUPERB as expected and the dungeon design is so much colorful and detail compare to previous expansion.A great finale to the Hydaelyn and Zodiark gran saga. Definitely worth it if you invest a lot of the time on the msq and also the side content stories like the raid and alliance. Progression of the story feels so much smoother aside from some " follow someone " quest. Music wise is SUPERB as expected and the dungeon design is so much colorful and detail compare to previous expansion. Overall a solid 10/10. Expand
  75. Dec 8, 2021
    I have played tons of hours since early release and it is absolutely wonderful. So many great improvements on what was already one of the best MMOs of all time. The story is fantastic and very well told and voice acted. I cannot recommend Endwalker and FFXIV as a whole heartily enough.
  76. Dec 8, 2021
    Shadowbringers left us with insanely high expectations, I did not think they would be able to create a masterpiece able to surpass it, but here we are, Story 100/10, gameplay 10/10 (if you're not drk), map design 10/10, the only downside are the queues, but that was expected to happen after the huge amount of new players.
  77. Dec 9, 2021
    Even though the ShadowBringer expansion is good enough. Endwalker still surprised me. Best Ending for the 2.0-6.0 10/10
  78. Dec 9, 2021
    I just finished the game and I'm so speechless, that I can't find the words for how brilliant this game is.
  79. Dec 12, 2021
    As far as MMOs go, and I've played them for over 20 years, this is the penultimate creation currently available in the genre. It is not the BEST at each part but it is excellent at all of them and the story being 10/10 letting stand alone as just a good FF game by itself is a grand feat. Absolutely awesome.
  80. Dec 11, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I wish I could score this higher than 10/10. The MSQ took me like 60 hours to finish and it wasn't long enough. With Shadowbringers having been so good I went into this with some slight tredpidation that my expectations would be too high and it could not live up to the hype. But once again they blew it out of the park. The story is fantastic, and the way they build it up and reference things they put in place expansions ago is superb. The second, third, fith and final zone were all equally mind blowing and you know the devs did an incredible job when you finish the final zone and want more more more. The way the characters are developed and the concepts they use are mindblowing. I haven't even mentioned the music yet, and I'm not sure I could do it justice with words alone. A massive well done to everyone in involved, the high user score is very well deserved. Expand
  81. Dec 11, 2021
    The story has some (surprising) flavors and twists to it which are maybe liked or not liked, but it's done in the best way possible by the developers.
    Overall, it's really fulfilling and, at least, on the same "epicness" level that shadowbringers brought us. After finishing it, I got some post-series depression like in my favoritve tv show, so I think it worked out well.
    Music, art,

Music, art, zones - no bugs, experience was on of the best I had in gaming.

Only negative things I could find:
    Queue times were bad but already dropping to an acceptable level.
    I would say the engine is a bit outdated now.

But the positive things are overshadowing all this by a large margin.
  82. Dec 11, 2021
    I don’t know how Yoshida and Ishikawa did it, but they did. With this expansion, they closed a narrative that spanned 7 years in the making and cemented it as the BEST video game story ever made, hands down. I can’t even think of anything that comes close. The only question left on my mind is, what’s next? Once you’re on top, where else can you go? The king of MMO’s has finally taken itsI don’t know how Yoshida and Ishikawa did it, but they did. With this expansion, they closed a narrative that spanned 7 years in the making and cemented it as the BEST video game story ever made, hands down. I can’t even think of anything that comes close. The only question left on my mind is, what’s next? Once you’re on top, where else can you go? The king of MMO’s has finally taken its place. Expand
  83. Dec 10, 2021
    The best story I have ever played in a game. This is now my favorite game of all time. The story is larger than most rpgs. The way they have build up the story/characters up and how it nicely wraps it all together in this epic finale is nothing short of stellar. This game has given me faith in gaming again as a whole.
  84. Dec 13, 2021
    What an incredible experience. The story is so full of details and so well rounded that it takes a while to be even be able to fully appreciate.

The trials and dungeons are incredibly fun and full of new mechanics.
  85. Dec 10, 2021
    you can not give the point lower than shadowbringers, what an amazing game.
  86. Dec 10, 2021
    glad to have played it. Somehow better than shadowbringers which I didn’t think possible, definitely worth it and im not a real big FF fan. Great game
  87. Dec 11, 2021
    I have never been so profoundly affected by a game before.

Yes, the writing can be a bit cheesy in places, and if you've played the rest up until this point nothing here will shock you. Login issues aside, the servers have been very stable and once in the gameplay is as rock solid as its ever been, besides a few minor and rare bugs. The music is phenomenal; the dungeons imaginative and
    I have never been so profoundly affected by a game before.

The music is phenomenal; the dungeons imaginative and challenging; the story, a bittersweet, heartbreaking and heartwarming close to this first arc that started with A Realm Reborn.

My only complaint is that I can't return to this blind again.
  88. Dec 11, 2021
    The developers have once again outdone themselves with this amazing expansion.
  89. Dec 11, 2021
    Most amazing gaming experience I have ever had in my life. Much love to the development team that have poured their heart and soul into this finale.
  90. Dec 11, 2021
    Amazing. Some of the best writing and story telling I've seen in a very long time.
  91. Dec 11, 2021
    Story was amazing, I thought they wouldn't be able to recreate what they did with Shadowbringers, but they just topped it.
    For me a personal favorite MMO and JRPG
  92. Dec 11, 2021
    The best game I have ever played. The story alone is one the best and how it integrates as an MMO is unrivaled
  93. Dec 11, 2021
    I have been playing this game steadily since its re-release in late 2013 (with healthy breaks that last months at a time sometimes). It has been a driving force in finding peace in my life, and helping to process a lot of things that went on with my mental health and my experience of maturation of my worldview in my 20s which were full of strife, mistakes, and questions of what the pointI have been playing this game steadily since its re-release in late 2013 (with healthy breaks that last months at a time sometimes). It has been a driving force in finding peace in my life, and helping to process a lot of things that went on with my mental health and my experience of maturation of my worldview in my 20s which were full of strife, mistakes, and questions of what the point is of living.
    This expansion pack explores these themes and executes them in a story that hits me so hard that Its almost theraputic.

In 2019 during the previous expansion: Shadowbringers, I was finishing college at the end of my 20s, reeling from a breakup of an 8-year relationship, and finding the will to live for myself and to find the happiness that I WANTED to seek, and not what others expected me to. So the remainder of the last expansion I managed to find that answer for myself. It was exciting to then have my favorite game wrap up it's first major 11-year long story arc with similar themes to those that had been integral to my growth in my own life the past few years.

I know i'm talking about myself more than the game but this personal background info is the lens through which i'm seeing what makes this game so amazing. I can say that my long-time love for the Final Fantasy series couldn't shield me from criticisms I initially had of this game when it was rebooted, a time during which i only managed to play it for a few months. After coming back in 2016 to see the immense improvement of Heavensward, I was slowly engrossed further and came to the realization that this was probably my favorite game to come back to. So with each expansion since, I've fallen more and more in love with it. This expansion however is a MAJOR leap in quality in almost every aspect from the expansions that came before it.

I still find frustration in things like the "Raubahn EX" server issues during Stormblood, and now the "Login Que Ultimate" that we are dealing with now. But I know that running a game like this, that is finally getting recognition after years of fixing it diligently, listening to the players, and experiencing a WoW refugee migration, cannot be easy. This is especially true with the silicon and semiconductor shortage that definitely makes it difficult and unreasonably expensive to improve the servers like SE had initially planned to. If I put these issues aside... this game is a perfect sendoff for this story arc. Bringing back old names of those we've lost, giving us hope to move on to a brighter future, and always reminding us that Life is precious, and Sorrow and Joy are inextricably linked and must be experienced together in the same life, for there to be of any meaning in either... And the fact that this game reminds me of that, will forever cement this story as among the best stories in a game that I have ever experienced.

Now let's just hope they continue to make Savage and Ultimate raiding as fun and engaging as they have the past few expansions, and that the patches that are to follow over the next few years, can lay down the foundation for more beautiful stories to come.
  94. Dec 10, 2021
    First I was scared about Endwalker. Shadowbringers was such a good expansion, so Endwalker had big shoes to fill. How I was wrong. The story, the characters, the zones, everything was immaculate. Yoshi P, Ishikawa and Soken, thank you for this masterpiece. Forge ahead.
  95. Dec 11, 2021
    this isn't the game of the year no way
    this is the game of the CENTURY

but of course, this is taking into account your journey since A Realm Reborn, Heavensward, Stormblood and Shadowbringers

the experience combined with Endwalker to finish it off is unparalleled
  96. Dec 8, 2021
    In the continuity of Shadowbringers, Quality content, stability, despite a long queu to play, the server have never crashed once ! Music and dungeon are amazing, the story is a the level, rather better than any other FF, the new class are amazing,
  97. Dec 11, 2021
    One of the best game i have ever played and an incredibly satisfying ending to the story.
  98. Dec 11, 2021
    I am a long time MMO player, and no MMO has hit me and stuck with me like FFXIV has. Every chapter that gets released the quality seems to get better and better and Endwalker is no exception.
    If you really into deep fantasy lore, this game has it by tons, it won't disappoint you. This release added a couple new quest types to make things more engaging. Escort quests which just basically just exposition as you talk to an NPC while walking around a zone. And stealth missions which, honestly could need a little bit of tweaking as I'm not sure they quite pulled that one off. (It wasn't so bad to make me deduct from my score however).

The new jobs feel great, though I think Sage needs a bit of a buff so dungeons trash pulls feel more comfortable. Reaper is hugely satisfying and fun to play. The other jobs in the game, while I've not played all of them yet, (I will) They seem to build off the successful Shadowbringers formula and add to them to make them slightly more complex and I look forward to optimize some of these jobs in savage content.

Music is absolutely amazing, even the ambient music has you head bobbing, and battle music just slaps.

The zone design in this expansion is probably the better than it has ever been. Previous expansion zones seemed like they were lazily put together, Shadowbringers did a lot to improve on that, and Endwalker is better still. Seems like there is a new thing to discover in every zone, and I fly around often just admiring the vistas and exploring.

All in all this game has my head spinning with how crazy things got in the story. Best Final Fantasy story ever.
  99. Dec 11, 2021
    Beautiful story, great music and breathtaking scenery, all come together and make an unforgettable experience. Endwalker is a masterpiece!
  100. Dec 11, 2021
    I have been with this game since 3.3 and Endwalker was everything I wanted and so much more. If you enjoy things that are good at the very least go watch cutscenes of this game to experience the story, that way even if mmos are not your thing you can still see this truly beautiful masterpiece. I honestly wish I could rate it higher than a 10/10 because it truly was that great. For all ofI have been with this game since 3.3 and Endwalker was everything I wanted and so much more. If you enjoy things that are good at the very least go watch cutscenes of this game to experience the story, that way even if mmos are not your thing you can still see this truly beautiful masterpiece. I honestly wish I could rate it higher than a 10/10 because it truly was that great. For all of you who finished it already never forget, the song may be over but the story never ends. Expand

Universal acclaim - based on 25 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 20, 2022
    Endwalker caps off a story over a decade in the making in spectacular fashion and cements it as one of the series' best entries.
  2. Jan 20, 2022
    It sounds contradictory, but the new storyline is both the ultimate asset and the great weakness of the game. After all, Endwalker builds on a story that has been going on for eight years. To fully understand and experience everything, you need all that background. Endwalker is the pinnacle for existing players of Final Fantasy XIV, but not so accessible for new players who only now want to catch up. And that gets in the way of an absolute top score.
  3. Jan 19, 2022
    Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker is a fantastic expansion that pays homage to the series' legacy and is a beautiful send-off to a ten-year-long story arc. The plot me had engaged throughout its entirety, the characters are memorable, and the new dungeons and Trials are satisfying to conquer. While some Job changes could be improved with future patches, many of them are welcome additions to the game.