9.4

1. Dec 8, 2021
    Endwalker solidifies FF14s Status as the king of the mmo genre - a masterpiece through and through, put together through years of love, crafted with passion and pure magic.
  2. Dec 8, 2021
    Square Enix somehow finds a way to deliver a beautiful ending that ties together the various outlying threads that have been set up over the past 10 years. Endwalker brings together a beautiful soundtrack across the various forms of content that leaves you wanting to hear more even when you're not playing. The content itself pulls out emotions of joy and sadness that captivate you throughSquare Enix somehow finds a way to deliver a beautiful ending that ties together the various outlying threads that have been set up over the past 10 years. Endwalker brings together a beautiful soundtrack across the various forms of content that leaves you wanting to hear more even when you're not playing. The content itself pulls out emotions of joy and sadness that captivate you through the amazing story, enchanting scenery/zone designs, and character development.

Aside from the story and zones the additional content added to the game such as job changes bring a refreshing improvement to the job actions that makes them more fluid and enjoyable to play. The new jobs Reaper and Sage are not only creative but engaging jobs that excel expectations in gameplay and design. They lie amongst the most interesting and fun jobs to play not only for their respective roles but in the entire game and MMO genre.

The servers have been facing minor issues (such as queues and login errors) as any new MMO expansion faces but Square Enix has provided daily updates on the status of server improvements and has been attempting to combat the issues as best as they can. Users have even been provided with free game time as compensation for the few issues. Considering the semi-conductor shortage that has made it near impossible for them to acquire the proper server technology to rid users of the server issues completely their active communication and determination convinces me that the minor server issues will be resolved quickly.

All in all Final Fantasy XIV's Endwalker expansion is arguably their best work to date and any fan of the game will appreciate the thrilling and emotionally impactful end of the Hydaelyn and Zodiark saga. The expansion excels expectations in every aspect and leads me to believe that Endwalker is not only amongst if not the best expansion to date within any MMO, but that Final Fantasy XIV is the definitive best MMO to play right now.
  3. Dec 8, 2021
    The best story, full of love and hope.
    It is extremely heavy and shocking, yet it is extremely warm and passionate.
    Each dungeon is very impressive and amazing, and the trails are even more astonishing.
    Endwalker is undoubtedly the most perfect ending chapter of this great tale.
  4. Dec 8, 2021
    Issa masterpiece. For real though Endwalker acts as the perfect end to the first saga of ffxiv. The new zones are amazing, the music is phenomenal and the story is on par, if not better than shadowbringers. So far ive only played Gunbreaker but the changes to it feel really good. TLDR Issa masterpiece.
  5. Dec 8, 2021
    It seemed impossible, but they surprised us again. So many good references to Final Fantasy IV.
  6. S_N
    Dec 8, 2021
    What are temporary server issues in the face of a pretty much perfect expansion?

Though slightly slow at the start, everything past the midpoint is astonishingly amazing, and it wraps up in what I feel pretty confident in calling a splendid ending.
  7. Dec 8, 2021
    The story is even better than Shb. Staging was better and we get almost no filler story arcs.
    Class updates are nice, even small quality of life changes like the timing of the scholar shield. Summoner maybe a little too dumb, but feels good.
    Zone-wise, Old Sharlayan is the best city in the game, calm music with a layout around the teleporter. Radz-at-Han is not my favorite, the outdoor zones and the city and you can't mount in the stones in the transition area (I was hoping we could mount again after little Eulmore).
    Overall, the variety of zones with many changing themes is brilliant.
    The only question I'm a bit scared of is whether this expansion will be a first single-player first and a multiplayer second expansion again. Story-wise, Shb was brilliant, but when it comes to gameplay, Stoormblood is unbeatable.
    I hope we can achieve a better balance with this expansion, but that can only show the future.
    For the story and the first 20-30 hours 10/10.
  8. Dec 8, 2021
    Brilliant and ever-beautiful storytelling complimented with great visuals and cinematography even if the cutscenes can get a bit verbose at times. Gameplay is as good as It's always been, super well-done dungeons and duties. Honestly, if you've played though XIV far enough to reach this expansion you're all but guaranteed an incredible experience. If Shadowbringers brought the feels,Brilliant and ever-beautiful storytelling complimented with great visuals and cinematography even if the cutscenes can get a bit verbose at times. Gameplay is as good as It's always been, super well-done dungeons and duties. Honestly, if you've played though XIV far enough to reach this expansion you're all but guaranteed an incredible experience. If Shadowbringers brought the feels, Endwalker walks all around in them. Expand
  9. Dec 8, 2021
    Barring the standard server login issues, once you get in there’s little to no input lag at all and I was never kicked from the game once.

When looking at the story how they handled the entire arc from the last 11 years to come up with what they did is just awe inspiring. The music in every new zone and dungeon is fantastic and though some dungeon weren’t as good as others all looked

The music in every new zone and dungeon is fantastic and though some dungeon weren’t as good as others all looked great and helped move the story forward in a good way. The level 90 dungeons being extra special in both sound and art design.

As for the jobs I have 1 of dps, healer and tank already at 90 and I’m in the process of getting tomes for my healer to raid. Most jobs are super solid though.

Some could’ve gotten a bit more love and attention sure but we have to understand that not every job can be reworked at once. The ones that did get a rework seem great. SMN is my 1 dps to 90 it’s never felt better then now to be a SMN. SCH though could use some love. But I digress.

As for crafting and gathering I’ve only dabbled a little bit so far but with the changes and improvements they made in shadowbringers I’m sure that whatever entails being a lvl 90 crafter/gather is going to be just fine.

I hope that everyone enjoys story and that the queue times get better. For me Endwalker was everything I could’ve hope for and more.
  10. Dec 8, 2021
    This is the best expansion, MSQ (main scenario quest) is literally a masterpiece. New jobs fells very awesome.

11. Dec 8, 2021
    The best expansion so far, closing the the era of Hydaelyn and Zodiark.

I could not imagine how Final Fantasy XIV could top their game after the release of Shadowbringers and somehow they did it. Having unexpected twists and turns later on the story.

With the new raid tier "Pandæmonium" coming up, I just can't wait to try it out in Savage.
  12. Dec 8, 2021
    I created an account on metacritic just to rate 10 to this expansion, that's how good it is.

Yes, it's better than Shadowbringers.
  13. Dec 8, 2021
    Now with the conclusion to the decade long arc, i can say, this is by far the best Final Fantasy story.
    Loved the new locations, the enhancements to the jobs(+additions of the 2 new job classes).
    The little features they've added which made it even more immersive. I can only praise this game! I'd recommend this game to each and any FF and jrpg fan out there, even if you don't like
    The little features they've added which made it even more immersive.
    I can only praise this game!
    I'd recommend this game to each and any FF and jrpg fan out there, even if you don't like mmorpg's, the game is simply worth it.
  14. Dec 9, 2021
    This Expansion is everything I ever wanted. When I came from wow I was left without conclusions to the stories I loved but this game told me the best story I experienced in a very long time over the course of six years. I had my doubts if they could surpase the work they did in ShB. But after the Story starts a little bit witha Slow-Burn they managed to finish this arc of with a Banger.This Expansion is everything I ever wanted. When I came from wow I was left without conclusions to the stories I loved but this game told me the best story I experienced in a very long time over the course of six years. I had my doubts if they could surpase the work they did in ShB. But after the Story starts a little bit witha Slow-Burn they managed to finish this arc of with a Banger. It is amazing. The queue times could be handled better but I really can't minus point them for.it as I log in before work and just adapt. Expand
  15. Dec 8, 2021
    Barring the initial server issues expected of any major MMO expansion launch, Endwalker serves as the magnum opus of FFXIV and Yoshi-P. The music, art, and writing are better than they've ever been, and I can't wait to see what else the team has in store.
  16. Dec 8, 2021
    This may be the only game whose story has made me cry repeatedly with it's well-developed characters, intricate story and the genuinely emotional moments it takes the players through. Endwalker provides the game's hundreds of hours long story with an extremely satisfying ending. The new dungeons and trials are very fun to play, with most of the combat mechanics having been given quality ofThis may be the only game whose story has made me cry repeatedly with it's well-developed characters, intricate story and the genuinely emotional moments it takes the players through. Endwalker provides the game's hundreds of hours long story with an extremely satisfying ending. The new dungeons and trials are very fun to play, with most of the combat mechanics having been given quality of life improvements without lowering the skill required to play them. I would highly recommend this over anything else to anyone wanting to dive into an MMORPG. Expand
  17. Dec 8, 2021
    There are minor drawbacks, but there is a greatness that overwhelms them all.
  18. Dec 8, 2021
    And so ends the final chapter in the tale of the star.

And so ends the final chapter in the tale of the star.

What a beautiful adventure, excellent ending for a story that's been in the making for so many years. Everything pays off in the end, my satisfaction is immeasurable and I cannot wait for what Yoshi-P and the team have in store. The music is as always on point, a pleasure to listen every second of it. Fight encounters were really enjoyable and I'm looking forward to experiencing them again both in their regular and harder variants.

What few flaws I found, seemed minuscule compared to all the great aspects of this expansion. I do not believe queues should in any way affect score of an expansion, as the reviews will affect decisions of people in the future where those issues will be no more and as it stands there was little they could have done to prevent them anyway.
  19. Dec 8, 2021
    I didn't think it was possible, but they topped Shadowbringers. After 60+ hours already at the time of writing (1000+ overall in FFXIV) EW has turned out to be my favorite FF story in the whole franchise!
  20. Dec 8, 2021
    An 8-year saga coming to an end. My only hope for EW was that they land the ending. And I can wholeheartedly say they did.

Every piece of your journey meant something. That sentence alone already says how much care they put into this.

What a finale.
  21. Dec 8, 2021
    The best expansion in a mmo with shadowbringers, I can not lower points for people who can not login is something that is solved with the passing of days
  22. Dec 8, 2021
    Great MSQ, great music, great ending. Amazing experience, All the waiting is worth it
  23. Dec 8, 2021
    Absolutely amazing. This expansion leaves me quite speechless...

Not sure how its possible, since Shadowbringers was ingenious and amazing and raised the bar very high. Yet, this expansion hits even harder, Evoking depth of emotion, introspection and contemplation. Compassionate, humane, touching deeply and all the while remaining entertaining and humorous at all times. Masterfully
    Absolutely amazing. This expansion leaves me quite speechless...

Evoking depth of emotion, introspection and contemplation. Compassionate, humane, touching deeply and all the while remaining entertaining and humorous at all times. Masterfully paced. A brilliant conclusion of a 10 year saga. Satisfying and mesmerizing.
    Music is a joy to behold. Every place, scene and battle is brought to great heights by Soken's incredible vision and talent.
    Writing and characters are probably among the best of any game I've played.

After the journey here you will be left with feelings and contemplation as to your own. Something only great art can achieve.

I can not praise the dev team enough. It is a true joy that such marvels are brought to existence.

***

If you are a new player and considering playing the game, I can not recommend this enough. It is a gem mastered carefully with abundance of love, care and talent. It is a slow burner but absolutely worth your time and attention.
  24. Jan 7, 2022
    To think, all this time thinking MMOs could only be built as chorelike grinds with horrid story and an even worse community- not every game does it like WoW.

Initially, I avoided getting into FFXIV because it looked like 'just WoW with an FF skin, and I'm already invested in WoW and have all this cosmetic stuff'- the game is nothing like WoW. The best part of this game is- the

The best part of this game is- the content comes first, and then the grinds come after. They've flipped the entire genre, you don't grind a dozen things for months just to get the gear and systems needed to be competent enough to do the only fun things in the game- everything in the game is fun, and anything grindy is off to the side that you can do if you like it and want its cosmetics.

I hope, after almost two decades of mmos trying to be wow clones and dying because the wow formula is awful unless someone is already addicted- mmos start to look at this 'content is meant to be fun, not addicting' mindset behind FFXIV.

This game restored my faith in a genre that's been decaying under the disgusting team of molesters and criminals running Blizzard.
  25. Jan 16, 2022
    I've played more MMOs than I can count. FFXIV wins the prize for story, especially the parts authored by Natsuko Ishikawa. Unlike many JRPGs, these characters are adults with Western facial features and body language confronting complex issues with an uplifting overall theme. Highly recommended for all ages.
  26. Dec 28, 2021
    Shadowbringers was SO good i coudn't hope to see a better FFXIV expansion. They did it. Endwalker is a masterpiece everybody should enjoy and cry with
  27. Jan 13, 2022
    Epic conclusion! Loved it. They made this expansion with love. Can't wait for the next set of story. Added classes is great too. Combat still needs to be faster though.

Would like to see another level of graphics (as optional) for higher end PCs.
  28. Feb 12, 2022
    You are the main character of unbelievable story. The game hit me right in the heart.
    Live through all trials and years to the ultimate finale!
    - Music connects to the screen perfectly.
    - Amazing cutscenes, more like full movie experience.
    - Cute kind community and clubs as part of MMO!
  29. Feb 15, 2022
    I don't know where to start ... this Expansion is such a masterpiece, the Story is so well written, it connects everything together, and it fits so well. In my opinion, the whole story is one of the best I've ever played.

The Dungeons are good designed it fits perfect to the Story, the fights are epic and exciting, the music is so great and fits perfect in every moment. The Areas are beautiful, such as like some Dungeons.

I love every aspect of this expansion so much, I can't wait to see what's coming up in the future.
  30. Apr 5, 2022
    Incredible jrpg first, addicting mmo second.
    Endwalker ends the saga like noone can in current media.
    Mmo part isnt grindy at all, you just play the way you want to, and it is very refreshing to come back every one's in a while and find new things to do)
    Recomended for every story enjoyer and mmo veteran
  31. Jan 24, 2022
    Since 1997, FFVII has been my favourite Final Fantasy. No longer. Endwalker is a heartwarming, heartrending, sublime cap to the 8-10 year Zodiark/Hydaelyn story and an all-round amazing experience. This game is simply one of the best in the business.
  32. Jan 12, 2022
    Amazing series and the ending of an era.
    FFXIV makes me so emotional and the story is so touching.
    I cried out of joy and emotion.
    Even more, the content of the story rises to the level of philosophy in this expansion.
    It's a story that is definitely a miraculous tribute to the life of a man who strives to live.
    It's so far the best game/ novel I've ever seen in my life.
  33. Feb 12, 2022
    This is a great game to play with friends!
    I'd recommend playing this game.
  34. Mar 13, 2022
    I had loft expectations for this game from the masterpiece that was Shadowbringers. Some of the new characters are some of my very favorite ever in this game. The twists and turns you get into, the incredible places you'll visit, the god-tier soundtrack, and a satisfying ending to a 10 year story. There were some gut punches in Shadowbringers, but I think Endwalker delivers some KOs inI had loft expectations for this game from the masterpiece that was Shadowbringers. Some of the new characters are some of my very favorite ever in this game. The twists and turns you get into, the incredible places you'll visit, the god-tier soundtrack, and a satisfying ending to a 10 year story. There were some gut punches in Shadowbringers, but I think Endwalker delivers some KOs in spades. The new jobs are great and most jobs got some really solid QoL, with more on the way in a month or so.

I think if you have been a long time fan of FF and haven't gotten your toes wet with an MMO, now is a good time to start. You'll wish you tried this game sooner.
  35. Mar 12, 2022
    This story is probably the best way Square Enix could have concluded everything that has been set up this decade. Endwalker manages to somehow make a story even more captivating and emotional than Shadowbringers, which I doubted that it'd be possible. Gameplay is same-old mostly, with more ease-of-access changes to help clarify some things for new players. Masayoshi Soken is a freakingThis story is probably the best way Square Enix could have concluded everything that has been set up this decade. Endwalker manages to somehow make a story even more captivating and emotional than Shadowbringers, which I doubted that it'd be possible. Gameplay is same-old mostly, with more ease-of-access changes to help clarify some things for new players. Masayoshi Soken is a freaking legend and you can tell by the top-quality soundtrack you'll be listening as you explore the beautiful areas it has to offer. Overall masterpiece level content! Expand
  36. Dec 27, 2021
    One of the greatest games I've had the pleasure of playing. By far the greatest MMO ever, and I can't wait to see where the story goes from here
  37. Jan 2, 2022
    A masterpiece. I didnt think that the Shadowbringers expansion could be beat but I was clearly wrong. Incredible story that took me through twists and turns.
  38. Jan 1, 2022
    One of the best stories ever told in a video game. Surpasses shadowbringers by miles. Easily recommend
  39. Jan 30, 2022
    Amazing dlc. FF14 is by far the best MMO out there and it's not even close. This Dlc was excellent in most aspects and its made me even more exited for FF16.
  40. Jan 14, 2022
    There is nothing more I can say than; this was easily the best expansion I have ever played, be it story-wise or design-wise. Let us embark on the new saga that begins after the conclusion of this epic saga.
  41. Jan 23, 2022
    Just stick with it, the slow burn at start gives for the biggest pay off the rest of the way through right up to the big end.
  42. Jan 1, 2022
    An amazing conclusion to an amazing story in an amazing JRPG game. From music to art and the various theme, it was exceptional, and i even learned life lessons along the way =D

43. Dec 13, 2021
    A wonderful and satisfying conclusion for this long lasting adventure. Touching and filled with many details and references. Starting slow this expansions story speeds up after a short time and delivers a high quality game with beautiful visuals, music and storytelling.
  44. Dec 13, 2021
    J'aime beaucoup comment le jeu a su me garder autant dheure sans jamais que je ne me lasse. 4 000h de jeu!
  45. Dec 14, 2021
    "Shadowbringers" was highly evaluated, so I was worried that this work could be connected well and that the foreshadowing could be completed and the finale could be reached.
    After finishing to the end, the BGM and the story were all better than expected and it was the best.
    We thank all the staff of FF14 for their efforts. thank you.
  46. Dec 27, 2021
    Best game of the Year! Endwalker is a culmination of 10 years of FFXIV!
    Melhor game do Ano! Endwalker é o desfecho de 10 anos!
  47. Dec 13, 2021
    Absolutely amazing finish to an amazing game. Thank you Yoshi-P for everything, and here's for more adventures beyond the horizon!
  48. Dec 13, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. perfect storytelling,great graphics,best balanced battles.
    Definitely,this is the best FF.
  49. Dec 13, 2021
    They set the bar so high up with every expansion that surpasing it for the grand finale would seem impossible, however, they did it, and its a glorious piece of story telling and solid gameplay.
  50. Dec 13, 2021
    There's plenty of laughter and tears along the way, and Endwalker manages to send off the Zodiark and Hydaelyn saga on an incredibly high note. Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker is a real crowdpleaser, and it should also leave everyone hopeful for what the future has in store for the MMORPG, even if this expansion is going to be incredibly difficult to top.
  51. Dec 14, 2021
    Hands down the best story of any game I've ever played. I did not think they could match the quality of Shadowbringers, but they actually somehow blew it away. The new jobs are super fun and the changes to current ones are excellent as well.
  52. Dec 14, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The expansion came together in a really nice way so far.
    The gameplay feels way more fluid, can't tell if it's because of the gcd changes or not.
    Graphics wise they really improved since Shadowlands, which can be felt on my fps.

| SPOILER |
    Feels like the story of some characters just either got the cut, or the devs were not really sure what to do with them anymore. To mention one, Zenos. I love that character since the first time. They gave him like 10 minutes of screen time in the whole journey? He was supposed to be one of the mayor points of the expansion..
    | /SPOILER |

So far if Heavensward story is 11/10 then Endwalker is 10/10;
    Subject to change once we get to 6.1, 6.2, 6.3 etc. etc, hope no one forgot it's far from the end.
  53. Dec 15, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A best ending could possibly think of for the hydaelyn-zodiark story arc. The ups and downs, the high points and no low points, every thing is planned perfectly and gets me without fail. An emotion roller coaster and topped shadowbringers without doubt in terms of story. The ending part starting from hydaelyn, with Emet, Hythlodaeus and the scions coming next, hurts so deep it is incomparable by any other game i played before.
    In terms of maps and scenery, Ultima Thule is amazing, literally "the end of the universe". The main city for players, old sharleyan is amazing too. Razadhan is good enough, but just doesnt catch me enough.
    Music wise, Soken topped himself from Shadowbringers. Almost every single song hits me hard enough when the story goes on, while the ambience songs are perfectly fitted with the map itself.
    And finally, in terms of gameplay, lots of tedious work had been deleted, and most jobs are cleaner then ever. Best FFXIV expansion ever up to date.
  54. Dec 14, 2021
    A true masterpiece of videogame story telling with engaging gameplay that builds on 10 years of experience.

While the engine may now be dated and the start of the game remains slow, FFXIV is not simply the MMO to play right now but possibly the RPG most worth playing too.
  55. Dec 14, 2021
    This is my best RPG game from my perspective. I have played this game over 8 years, without any doubt, this game is part of my life. although I'm very busy sometimes, I often log in this game and visit my house and my company. Yoshida could just end the MSQ in a more ordinary way, but he didn't
  56. Dec 14, 2021
    Endwalker is a phenomenal finale to the big overarching arc building up since ARR.
  57. Dec 14, 2021
    Just wow. Bettter than Shadowbringers? yes. The best Expansion? yes. Can't wait for the future of this game.
  58. Dec 14, 2021
    Epic, just epic. Endwalker MSQ is all about fan service. Thank you Yoshi and your team, your passion and love towards 'game' and its player base is really there. I cried many times during story line but final cry was because everything just got too overwhelming..
  59. Dec 14, 2021
    Final Fantasy XIV is one of the most important franchise games in Square's history, not only in terms of income, but also because of the value that the Final Fantasy saga itself brings. EndWalker is the culmination of 11 years of hard work, of experimenting with all kinds of mechanics, all kinds of stories and characters, which ultimately deliver the best work the company has put out inFinal Fantasy XIV is one of the most important franchise games in Square's history, not only in terms of income, but also because of the value that the Final Fantasy saga itself brings. EndWalker is the culmination of 11 years of hard work, of experimenting with all kinds of mechanics, all kinds of stories and characters, which ultimately deliver the best work the company has put out in the last 20 years. All the characters have their due end, all the villains and everything that we have learned since we joined the Scions of the Seventh Dawn has concluded. Personally, the villain of this expansion was a bit of my duty, but that's mostly because I adored Emeth-Selch as a well-written antagonist in ShadowBringers. From then on, this expansion does not introduce many new things to the lore of the franchise, but rather tries to close the ends of all the subplots that we have lived through. Yes there are new things or rather things that we did not know to date, but everything is an expansion of what was already presented before. The dungeons and trials are the best in the game, with an incredible soundtrack that adds new songs and remixes of what you've heard before that leaves you tied to the chair. All the classes of the game are very well balanced and all are fun to play, there is no one that is above the other, it depends on the tastes of the player and how they decide their experience to be. The cutscenes have improved a lot compared to those static scenes with emotes that we had in A Realm Reborn. Final Fantasy XIV on a 10/10 as a J-RPG and as an MMORPG. Congratulations and I hope you enjoy the ending as much as I did. Expand
  60. Dec 14, 2021
    The perfect way to end the Hydaelyn and Zodiark story. Somehow they managed to top Shadowbringers.
  61. Dec 15, 2021
    The way they deal with political issues still left me some disappointments. Nevertheless, it was the most perfect finale I've ever seen.
  62. Dec 14, 2021
    Though there are some minor drawbacks, the MSQ is awesome.
    I think ENDWALKER is the best expansion with amazing story about love and hope, excellent music and so on.
    Hope to see more!
  63. Dec 15, 2021
    I could tell you the whole story, and you wouldn't believe me. I mean that in the best way possible. The writing is creative, refreshing takes on concepts we've visited. Do not story skip and then do this expansion. It can stand on its own just fine, but atleast 2 of the 10 points im giving are for the way it makes use of both main story and side content and brings it's world, andI could tell you the whole story, and you wouldn't believe me. I mean that in the best way possible. The writing is creative, refreshing takes on concepts we've visited. Do not story skip and then do this expansion. It can stand on its own just fine, but atleast 2 of the 10 points im giving are for the way it makes use of both main story and side content and brings it's world, and characters, to a very neat and tidy, glorious conclusion. I highly recommend doing side content from the previous expansions *before* you do this expansion, job quests too. Expand
  64. Dec 15, 2021
    Shadowbringers expansion was a gaming masterpiece.
    Endwalker is even better.
    Dev team have added new mechanics, refined some old ones. You can see that they pay close attention to community feedback in all forms, including jokes and memes. They know exactly who you love and why you love them. Generally Endwalker gives you a huge payoff for nearly 10 years (yes, 10, cause it references
    Shadowbringers expansion was a gaming masterpiece.
    Endwalker is even better.
    Generally Endwalker gives you a huge payoff for nearly 10 years (yes, 10, cause it references some points from 1.0) of existing content.
    It might be hard to score it as a separate game, but whole saga has one of the best stories in video games I've played.
  65. Dec 16, 2021
    One of the best experiences I ever had, full of the exaggerated swagger of a grand Saga Conclusion. Makes you feel like the Warrior of Light. Has a little something for everyone 10/10.
  66. Dec 16, 2021
    Really great game. A true RPG and a complete MMO! Currently a victim of its success but the devs are doing a good job of keeping the quality of play at a high level.
  67. Dec 16, 2021
    Easily the best game I have played, a good finale to a well rounded and incredibly thought out experience. Cannot wait to see where it goes next, the Dev team deserves the world and more.
  68. Dec 17, 2021
    Masterpiece. Plain and simple. Play it, you won't regret it. Didn't think that they can surpass Shadowbringers, but they did it.
  69. Dec 17, 2021
    After completing Shadowbringers, of course I was looking forward to Endwolker. I was afraid that they would not be able to make the game at the same level, but they were able to stay at the same level. The script is wonderful, it is a pleasure to play, the graphics and design of the locations are pleasing to the eye. But at the start of the game there are too few dungeons, I think afterAfter completing Shadowbringers, of course I was looking forward to Endwolker. I was afraid that they would not be able to make the game at the same level, but they were able to stay at the same level. The script is wonderful, it is a pleasure to play, the graphics and design of the locations are pleasing to the eye. But at the start of the game there are too few dungeons, I think after a while Endwolker will be overgrown with content, this is inevitable. But if you play from the start, then there is a very lack of dungeons. Music: 10 Graphic Design: 10, Scenario: 10, Gameplay 10. Everything is great in this game, but the special admiration is the lighting in the game makes it just incredible, this is the most beautiful lighting, the most beautiful weather conditions that I have ever seen, the lights in darkness is simply incomparable, and super graphics optimization allows you to play on weak PCs, with such a low polygonality, the game looks like a real Diamond. Expand
  70. Dec 18, 2021
    Best FF14 expansion so far , Yoshida and his team really did it again ! The story is easily one of the best FF story in decade , and the MUSIC !! 11/10
  71. Dec 19, 2021
    Story:
    Story:
    Simply a masterpiece, the accumulation and lead up of the story was so carefully thought out. It explored concepts and made me feel stuff I have never experienced in another game. Characters felt real as if I have known then for so long, been through thick and thin with them and formed REAL bonds…I cant make this game justice with just words. However, it is a complete saga, so without the other expansions being experienced the story would definitely not bare the same weight. So i highly recommend you experience the whole game as this is the final arc to this saga. Music:
    Music enhances the story in all aspects. It gives weight, value, emotion to pivotal as well as more relaxed moments. It is carefully used and it is clear that a lot of consideration took place for timing story moments to be even more impactful. I found myself singing all the songs through my day. Also I’ve spent countless hours listening them on repeat. More than once I have found myself saying “damn they paired this song with this moment perfectly”. Music is another aspect that I consider a masterpiece.

Gameplay:
    Trials and dungeons were so spectacular, challenging and fun at the same time.
    Gameplay (for Reaper and Paladin at least) felt smooth, fluid and interesting.
    Game systems dont waste your time and feel rewarding.
    Fun side activities for every type of player.
    Polished content, bug free.

Criticisms:
    If I had to nit-pick I would say some quests may be found repetitive at times, however, that doesn’t take away from the experience. At the time of this review the game is suffering from some queue times but as more time passes it get better. Admittedly, I dont blame people for wanting to play this amazing game.

TLDR:
    This game is a masterpiece, I am glad I was able to experience it and you would be doing yourself a disservice if you don't play it as well!
    Thank you YoshiP and Square Enix dev team! Looking forward to more adventures in Eorzea for years to come.
  72. Dec 19, 2021
    Absolutely Astonishing. Even with the login congestion, once you get in the game, you are treated to a masterpiece of a story. Never knew a game's story can be this great particularly in an MMO genre.
  73. Dec 19, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Arguably the best expansion yet. The story is pretty straightforward, it's very easy to understand. A massive improvement in terms of gameplay mechanics in dungeons and boss fights. Some roles/jobs have also been improved. Expand
  74. Dec 19, 2021
    Story 5/5, I don't know how they just topped Shadowbringers. Every zone just has a story of its own, and they all just tie together the journeys that the Warrior of Light had.

Music & Sounds 5/5. I thought that "To the Edge" of Shadowbringers (5.3) would be the only song to give me goosebumps. The music in the story, dungeons, and trials are all so excellent. Final trial battle boss sounds are just so epic. I wish they had introduced original songs in the optional dungeons however.

Because of how good this game is, I made a metacritic account just for this.
  75. Dec 19, 2021
    This is the endgame of mmorpgs. Would be difficult to find something better than this as an MMORPG.
  76. Dec 20, 2021
    Wonderful Game for now and mmo.No bugs in the plot.All the ambush stories form a closed loop,make 么 so exciting.I think story is better than ever.
  77. Dec 8, 2021
    Splendid Game! Impressive characters. Philosophical plot design. Thank you SE!
  78. Dec 8, 2021
    One of the greatest tales ever told gets its perfect ending. Creative Business Unit 3 somehow exceeded their lofty expectations, a feat impressive by any standards, but especially so considering it’s predecessor, Shadowbringers, was considered one of the greatest video game expansions ever. That crown now goes to Endwalker. From an exceptional soundtrack, tight cinematography, masterfulOne of the greatest tales ever told gets its perfect ending. Creative Business Unit 3 somehow exceeded their lofty expectations, a feat impressive by any standards, but especially so considering it’s predecessor, Shadowbringers, was considered one of the greatest video game expansions ever. That crown now goes to Endwalker. From an exceptional soundtrack, tight cinematography, masterful writing, immersive voice acting, and white-knuckle boss encounters, Endwalker is at the top of its class. The dungeons and boss fights are filled with spectacular set pieces, only made even more grandiose by the high stakes the story sets and the masterful musical orchestration. It’s no small feat to wrap up a story almost a decade in the making, but they somehow do so in a cathartic way. Endwalker is packed full of satisfying plot conclusions, moments of tranquility and despair, heartwarming and tasteful call backs, and story written with the purest of heart. With well over 60 hours of story telling and content, Endwalker leaves nothing undone, nothing unsaid, and misses no beats. It starts slow and builds up to a deafening crescendo, unfolding and revealing its mysteries 10 years in the making.

Endwalker and the FFXIV saga is simply a masterpiece that is almost mandatory for those who love MMO’s, RPGs, and world class story telling.
  79. Dec 8, 2021
    This is a fantastic capstone from the story and franchise that they have labored to nurture these last 8 years. They have a wonderful and well balanced selection of previous story characters and have helped the Main Story Quest so that it is more cutscene focused than fetch quest.

There's a lot of negativity about the queue times but the game has really exploded in popularity in the last couple years especially in the last 6 months. They mentioned that they knew the queue times would be an issue but with the supply chain issues we have had for the last two years its hard to get access to additional hardware. When queues die down and everyone is playing casually again it will be an amazing story and adventure for all.
  80. Dec 8, 2021
    One of the best stories of the entire Final Fantasy franchise. The internet is gushing about this game for a reason.

Where some other games can get weaker as time goes on, FFXIV has only grown stronger into an absolute juggernaut. The writing, area design, encounters, music, everything - I can hardly put into words how wonderful it is.
  81. Dec 8, 2021
    This is the best expansion of all time, i 'd say of all games. Honestly...they overcome themselves.
    Final Fantasy XIV its not just a game...its a philosophical journey. The best community ever, the best MMORPG ever made. The best time to play is now! :)
    Congratulations Yoshi Team!
  82. Dec 9, 2021
    This game, this game expansion was such a lifelong experience, I can't even put into words. Everything, the music, the cutscenes, the interactions with characters, the duties, the dungeons, the trials, the zones feel carefully crafted with love and passion. I can't recommend it enough. Yes the queues are long but if you have the patience to wait for it, you will be not disappointed.This game, this game expansion was such a lifelong experience, I can't even put into words. Everything, the music, the cutscenes, the interactions with characters, the duties, the dungeons, the trials, the zones feel carefully crafted with love and passion. I can't recommend it enough. Yes the queues are long but if you have the patience to wait for it, you will be not disappointed.
    Simply put: I just love this game.
  83. Dec 9, 2021
    Deeply emotional story.
    Every music track kicks in at the right moment.
    I can only hope that someday the developers will be able to completely untie it from online, so that the game will forever remain in history and everyone can enjoy it.
  84. Dec 9, 2021
    In my opinion this expansion surpassed Shadowbringers. Best expansion so far.
    Story, music, duties, maps. Everything is just so good.
    Best Final Fantasy game ever.
  85. Dec 10, 2021
    Compared to ShB it is definitely more flawed, but at the same time it also reaches far higher peaks. Giving it a perfect score because in the end it really sticks the landing. And that is not something i can take for granted, for i can't even remember the last time i saw this happen with a story of this size. A fantastic end to an epic tale.
  86. Dec 10, 2021
    This expansion exceeded all my expectations. no wonder this is one of the best MMOs ever made, you can feel the love and passion the team behind this have for the game.
  87. Dec 10, 2021
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "Shadowbringers was amazing, but there's no way they could top it." - You, me, and every other fan of the game.

Thank goodness we were absolutely wrong. THIS is how you wrap up a 10 year long story. All the pieces of the puzzle, even all the way back in ARR, finally come together to tell the finale in a legendary ending. This isn't just the best story to ever be told in a MMO, it's one of my favorite RPG's of all time. From the music, the cut scenes, the gameplay, and the community, FFXIV has managed to make what feels like an impossible dream come to life.

"We too are miracles, each and every one of us. Born of the warm breath of life that traverses the heavens, swirling through eternity. When I fully grasped the improbability of our existence, nothing felt impossible any more. If it could be imagined, it could be done."
  88. Dec 10, 2021
    This is easily the greatest game I've ever played. It made me feel and experience things that I didn't think possible. Two words perfectly describe this: Masterpiece & Glorious
  89. Dec 11, 2021
    The queue are long, but once you are in everything is smooth. 0 bugs, 0 crashes, 0 lag. They really nailed it as usual
  90. Dec 11, 2021
    A great finale to the Hydaelyn and Zodiark gran saga. Definitely worth it if you invest a lot of the time on the msq and also the side content stories like the raid and alliance. Progression of the story feels so much smoother aside from some " follow someone " quest. Music wise is SUPERB as expected and the dungeon design is so much colorful and detail compare to previous expansion.A great finale to the Hydaelyn and Zodiark gran saga. Definitely worth it if you invest a lot of the time on the msq and also the side content stories like the raid and alliance. Progression of the story feels so much smoother aside from some " follow someone " quest. Music wise is SUPERB as expected and the dungeon design is so much colorful and detail compare to previous expansion. Overall a solid 10/10. Expand
  91. Dec 8, 2021
    Moving scenes, nice animation, perfect characters, and exciting music. I like everything about this. Thank you Yoshida and Ishikawa. My tears will tell you everything
  92. Dec 8, 2021
    I like the story of this game, which brings me a lot of joy and tears.
    There are also many details and small ideas in the game.
  93. Dec 8, 2021
    They did what many of us thought was a difficult task, they exceeded all expectations they went farther than Shadowbringers, it's a beautiful and emotional history that is worth experiencing, from the music, the environments the dungeons, and trials. Yes, they had issues with the servers due to a huge amount of players, but I don't think that single thing can eclipse this masterpiece.
  94. Dec 9, 2021
    For me, Endwalker is the greatest video game story ever told. I really didn’t think they could top Shadowbringers, but they did. Literally my favourite video game ever.
  95. Dec 9, 2021
    I... was afraid when I began this expansion. Afraid that it couldn't live up to it's predecessor.
    But, it did. It's an wonderful capstone to a journey which has spanned nearly a decade of my life. Fighting through the queues of people who so desperately wanted to play, nudging aside the unease of certain moments and pushing through my rather bad habit of putting off endings, it was worth it. Endwalker is..really good. The music, yes, which is guaranteed to be good because Soken created it. But the story is wonderful. It feels like giving it anything less than a ten would be disrespectful.
  96. Dec 8, 2021
    One of the best JRPG/RPG/MMORPG and Final Fantasy ever made, Endwalker was crafted by a talented team able to make incredible stories, music, and animations with Yoshi-P at the helm.

The story was so amazing that I teared up several times and was able to making me feel several strong emotions. Emotions that blew up thanks to the sublime conclusion of a story arc that has been going since 2010.

On the wings of Final Fantasy games, FFXIV not only is able to please long time fans of the series playing FF games since 1987, making this game a theme park mmorpg, it moves the series forward as a standalone rpg/jrpg, making the rpg part in "mmo" a reality.

Endwalker can be considered the culmination of a masterpiece. And as many masterpieces in art, be music, story, painting, drawings and so on once you reach the end it leaves you in shambles crying, and a feeling of emptiness. But in my heart I know that this is just the beginning for FFXIV, the story will move forward and I'm eager and excited to see what this amazing team will be able to let us embark on.

FFXIV is a love relationship between players and devs, players and creators, devs and creators, I want to say thank you to Yoshi-P, the ffxiv team and the community (most of it at least) for this amazing experience from the bottom of my heart. It gives me hope for the future of Final Fantasy but even more so for the real world, thanks to the messages that the story delivers to the players. A message of hope, bonds, friendship and strength.
  97. Dec 8, 2021
    Great experience! Been playing this game since ARR and with the realease of Endwalker marking the ending of the Hydaelyn and Zodiark tales it just feel so fulfilling! It it a magnificent history that deservers every compliment it gets!
  98. Dec 9, 2021
    Endwalker is without a shadow of doubt, the best sendoff one could ask for to an ongoing decade-old saga in one of the best MMO. They actually did it- they just topped Shadowbringers in the zones, dungeons, music, trials and storytelling. Everything is delivered in a harmonious package that hits me in the right notes.

At the time of writing the raid hasn't been released. I'm very eager

At the time of writing the raid hasn't been released. I'm very eager to see the evolution of raid design and what's in store for the game for the next ten years.
  99. Dec 8, 2021
    What can I say? The music, the message, the Battle system, the colors (finally better and meaningful). I can't imagine a game so good that the only bad side is that you need to play a lot, from Realm Reborn until Endwalker, to understand the message and meaning, while enjoying an awesome game.
    It's an experience that i suggest to everyone.
  100. Dec 11, 2021
    Good story!
    Great skill upgrades for jobs.
    Beautiful new locations.
    The only drawback is the queues.

Universal acclaim - based on 28 Critic Reviews

1. Mar 28, 2022
    If you didn’t like FFXIV before now, Endwalker will do nothing to change your mind. But if you’re in, this emotional rollercoaster will be rolling towards a satisfying conclusion, that absolutely will not disappoint.
  2. Feb 9, 2022
    FFXIV is currently the best MMORPG available. The main reason is because it’s RPG first, MMO second. The story isn’t just an afterthought, but an integral part of the experience, and everything else revolves around the tale of the Warrior of Light. It’s logical, well-planned, and presented with great, voiced (or not) cut-scenes.
  3. Jan 24, 2022
    Final Fantasy XIV closes its first colossal story arc with an exceptional expansion.