8.1

1. Mar 12, 2018
    Graphics: I played this game with an i5 and a radeon 7800. All turned to medium, with shadows and lightning to low. It looked great and ran smoothly. The game is a technical marvel imo, the light effects, the animations, the weather, the impressive summons... Everything looks amazing and seems really nice ported to me, although I didn’t play the original in console. I’m sure it’s notGraphics: I played this game with an i5 and a radeon 7800. All turned to medium, with shadows and lightning to low. It looked great and ran smoothly. The game is a technical marvel imo, the light effects, the animations, the weather, the impressive summons... Everything looks amazing and seems really nice ported to me, although I didn’t play the original in console. I’m sure it’s not flawless, but I don’t think you will complain of this aspect.

Setting: the world is as big and beautiful as it is wasted and lifeless. This is not a map worth exploring and most of what you see is simply a decorative element oriented to make your car travels more pleasant. Yes, there are some dungeons here and there, and yes, there are some boss-like monsters to kill, but even with those, the whole thing was just not worth the time for me. My advice: just focus on the main story and if you happen to stumble with one of those funny elements in your way, by all means enjoy. The side quests are no better and seem to be taken from a mmorpg (go here and kill these bugs or collect these objects), lacking any narrative to them, and so I had to pretend they didn’t exist and totaly ignored them from chapter 3 onwards, really. To compensate (a little bit) for this lackluster boring world, the enligsh dubbing was really good and the FF-style music didn’t disappoint.

Gameplay: likely the best about the game is its combat system which never gets boring and slowly grows more technical and flashy, just at the right peace, if only I’ve always felt everything was a little too easy, despite playing in the maximum difficulty. Sadly, the combat is the only outstanding element of the whole (game)play. Once you finish a battle, things get boring pretty fast and they can be summarized in auto-driving the car, often going over and over to places you have already been, with nothing to do in between this drives, in a world that is so full of barriers (both invisible and physical) that makes you wonder if you can really call it “open world” to begin with.

Story: now, if the world is not well thought out, the story is even less, which you can imagine is quite a disappointment, knowing that the Final Fantasy franchise is known for its amazing narratives. How to explain. The adventure looks good in the surface and promising at the start (yes, so did the map) and there are some flashy moments here and there that caught my attention, but once you step back a little and ponder, you realize the whole thing is just too shallow (again, like the world), the storyline never gets to take off and honestly, it barely holds together, constantly resorting to far-fetched plot devices to move itself forward, often initiating or ending events without explanation (or with really unconvincing ones) instead of coherently chaining them with elegance just as a Final Fantasy should. Regarding the characters, including the protagonist and his friends, it is sufficient to say that they are surrounded by such an air of frivolousness that it made me difficult, almost impossible, to connect with them emotionally, despite the tons and tons of camera time they get. Things get more climatic in the very last chapter, but one chapter alone can not make up for 40 hours of inconsistencies.

So, how good it is? Well, as a game: an ok experience. As a Final Fantasy? Certainly lackluster. 7.5/10
  2. Mar 9, 2018
    As much as I'd love to like this game, I feel it's just not acceptable as a JRPG. It feels like in their effort to make the game more "accessible" they also gutted the major components that make RPGs what they are- namely the complexity of the combat and the progression system. -In FF15, it feels like you're stuck with one character with a warp strike ability and nothing really deeper. IfAs much as I'd love to like this game, I feel it's just not acceptable as a JRPG. It feels like in their effort to make the game more "accessible" they also gutted the major components that make RPGs what they are- namely the complexity of the combat and the progression system. -In FF15, it feels like you're stuck with one character with a warp strike ability and nothing really deeper. If you master the character at lvl 1 you can expect pretty much more of the same as you progress (there is some progression but not enough variety).

Other things I really don't like: only 4 characters (all emo looking douchebags IMO) and absolutely no hard mode. I'm not sure why any RPG or action game would ship out without some sort of difficulty mode besides normal and easy when the systems in place are so simplistic. Pretty much warp around to win. Why should I have to fight monsters 30+ levels higher than me in order to have any sort of challenge? Why isn't there more varied attacks like allowing my button mashing to be more dynamic and interactive? Why is it that I just hold the attack button? Where's the motivation to get stronger if everything is easy?

*Please note that I don't buy games for their story, combat is more important to me as that's where I'll be spending 90% of my time. As far as I'm concerned, the combat here is less deep than Bouncer (Square's beat'm up from 2000). Sure, FFXV looks pretty but I don't give a **** about graphics if the complexity of an RPG isn't there. The sad thing is that I think it's not even complex enough as an action game, at least in good action games you usually learn more moves as you progress and the fights become more strategic and complex as you go.
  3. Mar 6, 2018
    Definitely the magnum opus of the FFXV Universe. Compared to the console counterparts, especially XBOX ONE, this game looks lush and fluid and actually loads fast. It's understandable that people have the issues they have with the game, but the developers have been honest and upfront with improvements and I admire that. Maybe, FFXV isn't perfect, but if you are going to play this game thisDefinitely the magnum opus of the FFXV Universe. Compared to the console counterparts, especially XBOX ONE, this game looks lush and fluid and actually loads fast. It's understandable that people have the issues they have with the game, but the developers have been honest and upfront with improvements and I admire that. Maybe, FFXV isn't perfect, but if you are going to play this game this is the version to go with! Expand
  4. Mar 7, 2018
    The best version of FFXV, 60FPS max settings looks amazing. The addition of all the DLC and QoL updates in this make everything a much better experience than it was at launch. If you have a beefy PC then FFXV will shine even more so on your rig.
  5. Apr 26, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The story is absolutely great, the sinergy between main characters is so real! It's not a common love story, it's a rlationship between friends and loyalty. And a lot of humor.
    I like you can play little games into the main game, like taking photos, fishing...
    Also there are a few things that I dislike. Controls for pc are just absurd, instead combining them, there are a few different key combinations for everything, combats, moving, dodging, picture taking, albums and everything. It kills the great experience of the game. I also have problems with graphics, my mashine is pretty strong with good videocard, but no matter what resolution I choose some objects are very bad, like тheir hair, they move and it leаve white track. I never had that problem with other games.
    I surely have to say I hate the original final. I prefer any of the alternative ones. So the good guy had to die no matter he killed the bad guy? Just to make fans cry - kill the king, then make them love the prince, then kill him too. It really broke my heart watching Noctis die. Or Ignis losing his sight.
    And that end after that - japanese always make some happy wannabe endings what would happen if things went other way. Well it was even worst.
  6. Apr 4, 2019
    This game gets a lot of hate but I feel it's unjustified. It's a large open world with incredible views. The story is fragmented and the difficulty isn't there. However, it does redeem itself. The main group of characters is charming and it's a visual spectacle. This one will be with me for a long time.

I highly recommend playing it. Just get it on sale.
  7. Mar 18, 2018
    Here's the thing.... I've already played this on PS4. TWICE. One time I ran it through quickly, the next I really took my time.

What the PC version does a great job at is the same thing it does well with any other good port: it runs it at wonderful graphics without dropping FPS..... for the most part (there are slight moments, here and there, but so.. so few). What I was disappointed

What I was disappointed about is how much work went into making sure the environments felt so smoothed out and detailed, that the characters so obviously lack the same detail (except for the hair and clothes). When the camera closes up on their faces... sure, there are pores - as with any other HD/4K game - but beyond that, the eyes look as dead as they do in the PS4 version. Except of course, that because everything else looks so great, the deadness of the eyes is now so much more obvious. This is one of the few things that bothered me, because so many conversations make use of "screen time" and you just want to see characters who feel alive... but nope... they look dead.

Other things regarding the same issue has to do with the reworking they did on their skin... it causes blemishes or lines to look really odd because the textures themselves were not all completely reworked. It's so odd, what SE decided to do with this.

That being said - WONDERFUL game, and an even greater joy to play with these incredible draw distances and detail... the sunlight now actually looks tropical, or desert-like, etc; it's crazy!
  8. Mar 28, 2018
    Original and ambitious game. Real-time interaction between the characters is the beating heart of the game, which can happen at anytime even during the madness of combat. The combat itself is fun and engaging with impressive animations. There is a lot of depth to the combat that can be reached by the big verity of weapons, the aerial acrobatic move sets, and the interaction with theOriginal and ambitious game. Real-time interaction between the characters is the beating heart of the game, which can happen at anytime even during the madness of combat. The combat itself is fun and engaging with impressive animations. There is a lot of depth to the combat that can be reached by the big verity of weapons, the aerial acrobatic move sets, and the interaction with the environment around you. The game is also rich with side content and activities. The experience as a whole is emotional and immersive. Collapse Expand
  9. Mar 30, 2018
    Not perfect, but one of the best Final Fantasy.
    + Incredible big world
    + exciting battles
    + amazing music
    - sometimes hard to understand what is happening and why
  10. Mar 14, 2018
    FFXV on PC is truly on another level compared to even the ONEX version, the game looks outstanding and it's possibly the best looking game on the market right now.

So technically the game delivers on it's promises but what about the rest, well, FFXV is a bit experimental and probably one of the most polarizing entries in the franchise, the game has many flaws in it's story that hinders the enjoyment of the game, it is not bad perse it's just i wish all aspects of the game were as polished as it's graphics.

Gameplay it's pretty good and combat feels solid, you have a huge over-world to explore with your party with a bunch of activities and epic boss fights to take on.

The OST is outstanding a huge score that makes the game feel more epic than it actually is.

In general terms this is a worthy FF not close to the likes of FFVI, VII or even X, but not that far either, most of the people who give pretty bad reviews are nostalf*gs that decided to stay in the 90's to me this game is a solid 8.5 on PC and an 8 on consoles.
  11. Apr 5, 2018
    As a modern successor of a long living franchise, FFXV maybe a disappointment to some hard core fans of the classics because of the massive changes in scale and pace of game play, but a surprisingly friendly masterpiece to new comers for the same reason. The astonishing open world made possible by next gen graphic tech gives traditional RPG games a new level of potential, and FFXV managedAs a modern successor of a long living franchise, FFXV maybe a disappointment to some hard core fans of the classics because of the massive changes in scale and pace of game play, but a surprisingly friendly masterpiece to new comers for the same reason. The astonishing open world made possible by next gen graphic tech gives traditional RPG games a new level of potential, and FFXV managed to balance almost perfect between its compiling narrative and the infinite adventure around the world of wonders. And just as its predecessor, the epic soundtrack put a glowing cherry on top of the satisfying new recipe. Expand
  12. Jul 17, 2018
    this is by far the best FF game i have ever played. the story has drawn me in, the graphics are amazing!! there are so many things you can do in the world and it feels alive with NPCs displaying animations in stunning quality. Only draw back for me is that I don't have a powerful enough GPU to run the game in Ultra settings. this game is a must for everyone who likes RPG games.
  13. Dec 5, 2018
    I loved this game, when it came out the ending fell short, but they pretty much fixed it with the side stories, and that was the only real downside to me so 10/10 baby.
  14. Mar 28, 2018
    one of the best series of final fantasy...why? because of the story line...many people didn't understand it and i see why they give it such a low score... but first you must understand that this game have a really deep and difficult plot... i don't want to spoiler people but it's too damn complicated and interesting and... 10/10 for story line... 10/10 characters,,, 8/10 gameplay...
  15. Mar 6, 2018
    Although he already went out on console, I was able to redo the game on my computer. I am satisfied to play it, because I can play it in optimal condition. However, SQUARE ENIX should have gone out at the same time as the console, because I had to redo him. The game remains excellent, but I lower the score of a point for the lack of reactivity on behalf of SQUARE ENIX on this matter.
  16. Mar 8, 2018
    Find it difficult to justify a 10 for this game - there are certain quests that should be time reliant, such as the broken down car on the highway, took me 5 in game days to get around to clearing that from my journal and he was still there, waiting by his car. That aside, this game is gorgeous. I'm running it on 4790k with 1070 and 16gig of ram and I'm getting 60fps on the highestFind it difficult to justify a 10 for this game - there are certain quests that should be time reliant, such as the broken down car on the highway, took me 5 in game days to get around to clearing that from my journal and he was still there, waiting by his car. That aside, this game is gorgeous. I'm running it on 4790k with 1070 and 16gig of ram and I'm getting 60fps on the highest settings. The story is great, I recommend watching Kingsglaive first as it means you start with the knowledge of the story they expect you to have. Otherwise it can be slightly confusing.

Overall this is a very strong game. The combat takes some getting used to, unlike other Final Fantasy games, you're not in direct control of all party members so they don't always do as you'd expect, but over time you'll come to rely on their skills and they will save you from yourself when you charge in against 9 enemies. The soundtrack is sublime, listening to old FF games on the road is amazing. The car should offer more freedom, although it's understandable that they've not allowed GTA style freedom in going offroad. The side activities are fantastic, I've enjoyed Chocobo's and Fishing and Cooking and everything around they've left to do. It genuinely feels like a roadtrip with your mates, some side scenes and conversations that aren't essential just add to the game world.

Overall, brilliant. The second half of the game (where you're on a more linear path) could do with some form of expanding, but overall it's a very, very good game.
  17. Mar 8, 2018
    Way better than expected, combat is actually decent once you start unlocking skills and different mechanics. Runs fantastic on my machine maxed out at 1080p and looks phenomenal to boot. The beginning when you start the game they state a final fantasy for both new comers and existing fans and I don't think that could be any more true as a long time fan who has played since Mystic quest andWay better than expected, combat is actually decent once you start unlocking skills and different mechanics. Runs fantastic on my machine maxed out at 1080p and looks phenomenal to boot. The beginning when you start the game they state a final fantasy for both new comers and existing fans and I don't think that could be any more true as a long time fan who has played since Mystic quest and been kind of turned off from 13. This is a breath of fresh air. Expand
  18. Mar 7, 2018
    A PC port under the best auspices.

A PC port under the best auspices.

If ever you've been waiting for whatever reason to get hold of the fifteenth Final Fantasy, then the Windows Edition may be the best reason for you to take the plunge. The best not because it is perfect but since it is remarkably comprehensive and worthy of the $50 demanded. Patches did a lot of good to this game and the PC version might be the best possible way for players to take full advantage of this incredible story set in an astoundingly good-looking port.

Yes FF XV does have several defaults. Yes the secondary quests are repetitive. Yes the scenario is fragmented as it suffers here and there from gaping narrative holes. That's why a story-driven-DLC-based aftercare has been set into motion in order to try to mitigate the problems. All the content released so far is included in this edition so you'll go for the most complete version currently available. I just hope the forthcoming narrative DLCs will keep fleshing out the story even more as FFXV's universe deserves it. Overall, Gladio's, Prompto's and Ignis' related content is not the best ever released on the market but that isn't the goal. The aim here is to fill up again the holes left by the base game's story and theretofore it worked out properly for the concerned parts.

FFXV is a beautiful tale adorned with an astonishingly rich and nervous combat system giving way to the most dynamic and furiest dustups the series has ever known and it throws you into an intense stunningly rendered road trip-like journey filled with stupendously strong emotional moments delivered by four memorable characters.
  19. Jun 1, 2018
    Se siente mucho el como la historia tiene ciertas lagunas, como hay villanos que al final terminan en nada, como hay personajes secundarios que fueron puesto con calzador y para justificar alguna misión no muy elavorada, como la jugabilidad no está afinada en ciertos puntos,como los mapas fueron planeados para mucho más y luego recortados. Pero que importa; la historia es buena, emotiva ySe siente mucho el como la historia tiene ciertas lagunas, como hay villanos que al final terminan en nada, como hay personajes secundarios que fueron puesto con calzador y para justificar alguna misión no muy elavorada, como la jugabilidad no está afinada en ciertos puntos,como los mapas fueron planeados para mucho más y luego recortados. Pero que importa; la historia es buena, emotiva y en ciertos momentos muy épica y espectacular; el villano principal es el carisma en persona y tiene un trasfondo muy interesante; aunque al principio pareciera lo opuesto son los 3 amigos quienes hacen la mayor parte de la aventura y si tienen un problema es que te interesa saber más y más sobre ellos que el juego aporta pero a medias; las misiones secundarias repiten mucho pero suelen llevarte a cosas interesantes del mundo; la jugabilidad es muy entretenida, frennetica y con una profundidad decente; el mapa es hermoso y enorme, tecnicamente rinde bastante bien para lo que se ve el juego, en algunas ocasiones casi fotorrealista.
    FFXV es el más raro de la saga pero recomendado para todos, puede tanto gustar mucho como no gustar, pero lo único seguro es que hay que jugarlo.
  20. Jul 9, 2018
    This game brings out emotions in you that you didn't even know you had. Game ran fine on my 1070 along with my 144hz monitor. The controls felt great (PS4 dual shock controller) and I didn't run into any crashed and / or performance issues. For me it's a must play.
  21. Oct 29, 2018
    An almost masterpiece!
    Graphics up first: The graphics are AMAZING, a true marvel, characters get wet on screen and menus, the water is so BEAUTIFUL, grass, lights, hair, fire, food, GOD, the food is so **** beautiful, this game makes me hungry! Summons, weapons, and the environments, sometimes I just stop and look at them. This is truly a GORGEOUS game.
    Sound: The music is again
    An almost masterpiece!
    Sound: The music is again masterful, they created a new soundtrack that will be remembered by fans and SPECIALLY by first timers, i loved the originals and the "not original" was so f***ing effective!!! All the elements feel and sound the way they should, with different sounds for different types of enemies, making them more real.
    Voice-acting: SUPERB!!! Aside some few voices that felt really rushed by some no name extras the rest was really well done!!
    Combat is fluid and fast, it will make you falter in the beginning but after a while you will get used to it's fast paced brawl and face all the challenges the game gives you. Bosses get progressively difficult and the challenge the game gives you seems fair. Some choices of style so the combat does not feels forced.
    The story has it's problems but few and far between, the whole package is MASTERFUL and MEMORABLE!! The journey that you go through is really good, and has layers upon layers of development to the characters, epic moments FEEL epic! The romance felt a little under developed but my only true complain. The game knows that the best part of it are the 4 main characters and thrives on it!! Everything around them is a piece of art. You can have a favourite, but all of them do seem to complete each other.
    One of the best Final Fantasy! This game feels Final Fantasy through and through.
    If this is your first Final Fantasy, it could stay as your favourite.
  22. Mar 9, 2018
    Best version of the game yet. Looks a lot better on a decent gaming rig as compared to console.
    Technically, it’s a very demanding game but oh boy does everything look so good.
    Square Enix chose to implement GameWorks, of which I’m usually not a fan. That said, even on AMD hardware, the grass and hair effects are doable performance wise. There’s even VXAO but that seems way too demanding for what you gain.

All in all, this is a surprisingly solid PC port that comes with all the extra DLC from the consoles for an even lower price. This feels like a truly next gen rpg with, arguably and given you have a decent gaming rig, the absolute best looking open world so far. That title was reserved for AC:O but, with all the extra effects and 4K textures this game had me staring at my screen with my mouth wide open.

This game looks seriously photo-real at times and that is a remarkable achievement! In fact, at times it’s hard to see when a scene goes from in game rendering to full on CGI movie, and that only attests to the quality of the in game renders as the CGI looks superb.

Good job SE for creating a solid PC port for once. I’m hooked and honestly believe this is a game everyone with a decent gaming rig should own.
  23. Mar 11, 2018
    If FFXV had come out like this sans the DLC, it would have been more positively recieved. That being said, I loved this game on PS4 for the open world road trip experience and disliked it for story missteps. Overall though, it was a positive experience.
  24. Mar 22, 2018
    A história principal é muito bem construída e desenrolada, todavia o mesmo não acontece com a maioria das sidequests, onde basicamente são presas a ir ao ponto a, pegar um item x e voltar. A dificuldade do jogo não é nada alta, e o jogo ainda da muita assistência antes de você de fato falhar. Todas as vezes que eu realmente morri, foi simplesmente por não querer gastar uma pluma de fênix,A história principal é muito bem construída e desenrolada, todavia o mesmo não acontece com a maioria das sidequests, onde basicamente são presas a ir ao ponto a, pegar um item x e voltar. A dificuldade do jogo não é nada alta, e o jogo ainda da muita assistência antes de você de fato falhar. Todas as vezes que eu realmente morri, foi simplesmente por não querer gastar uma pluma de fênix, o que mais ocorre no início do jogo, sabendo que no mid-end game, a moeda não é mais um problema. Joguei no level 22 até o capitulo 8, enfrentando monstros com o level até 3 vezes maior, e mesmo assim a dificuldade não existia.
    O jogo possui um mapa diverso e grande, mas ele não é totalmente acessível, lhe obrigando a utilizar quase sempre as rodovias principais para viajar de carro (ou ir voando). A diversidade dos monstros, plantas, biomas e etc é boa e bem construída.
    Final Fantasy XV é um jogo grande, bem feito e com uma história bonita de ver. Peca um pouco nas sides, mas nada que realmente estrague o jogo. Um dos melhores JRPGs que já joguei.
  25. Mar 22, 2018
    Despite all the hateful comments about dificulty, the game has a great positive atmosphere where you can have great memorising experience. I'm not really familiar with other FF games except fifth one. but i must say i'm intrigued about the FF universe with this one.
  26. Mar 7, 2018
    Best game and best quality.thanks square enix and nvidia.the game is awsome but even gtx1080ti can not release 60 fps on 4k ultra
  27. Mar 7, 2018
    This game is great on the PC: running very high settings and averaging 75+ fps in battles and higher just roaming (1080p, not UHD). Everything looks beautiful, the game performs well, and I haven't had so much fun on a FF title since FF VII. Sure, the Honest Trailers gets it spot on, but that's not a bad thing in this case.
    My only gripe is with some of the control layouts they have for
    My only gripe is with some of the control layouts they have for navigating the menus, but that can be re-assigned and anything else can get tweaked via mods. Definitely worth the wait. Those poor suckers and their consoles...
  28. Mar 13, 2018
    Best version of the game to date, the portage improved every single aspect of the game. No technical issue, the game is marvelous to look at.
  29. Apr 9, 2018
    I want to love this game. I've played it through twice now. I love the combat, even if it''s simplistic and honestly feels like crap with its awful camera. I want to care more about its characters, but a lot of stuff isn't put together well. Their character depth is explored in expansions that should be played in certain points in the game but are relegated to the DLC section, making it aI want to love this game. I've played it through twice now. I love the combat, even if it''s simplistic and honestly feels like crap with its awful camera. I want to care more about its characters, but a lot of stuff isn't put together well. Their character depth is explored in expansions that should be played in certain points in the game but are relegated to the DLC section, making it a jarring and confused experience. There's an Anime, some text scripts and a Movie, but none are bundled with the game. It's a great port, with solid compatibility and scaling. The story is broken and convoluted, but holds emotional weight. The voice acting is like a sine wave, going between serviceable to annoying and repetitive, sometimes even out of touch and inhuman, to fantastic dialogue that really show the depth of each character. The endgame is great, but there's almost no guidance to any of it. The music is amazing, but the car radio is terrible and doesn't feel like part of the world. Every good thing seems flawed with something else that had to be broken in some other way.

Now, this is the PC version I'm reviewing, and I'm sorry to the season pass holders on console who didn't get the royal edition for free. I think they should've. I'm also writing this after PAX. I now know there are 4 more expansions and comrades will be a standalone release soon. I also know about the modding tools and level editor coming this year. until then, my review is not final, and i will update it accordingly when all the content is done and dusted.
  30. Jun 16, 2018
    Очень слабенькая игра для 10 лет разработки. Единственное, за что её можно похвалить, так это пейзажи в некоторых местах, которые завораживали своей красотой. А по gameplay - Final Fantasy XV не сильно лучше Bound by Flame от Spiders, которую разрабатывали 1 год 13 человек.Очень слабенькая игра для 10 лет разработки. Единственное, за что её можно похвалить, так это пейзажи в некоторых местах, которые завораживали своей красотой. А по gameplay - Final Fantasy XV не сильно лучше Bound by Flame от Spiders, которую разрабатывали 1 год 13 человек.
  31. Feb 24, 2019
    My verdict is that this is a horrible game, and a complete waste of time and money. Throughout the game you feel as if you’re building to something, and then it is all for naught, as if 300 of your precious hours were thrown in a dumpster, and then the garbage truck that was supposed to pick it up crashes into your car.

Square Enix had 10 years to develop this game and they screwed

Square Enix had 10 years to develop this game and they screwed up,it just perfectly shows how disorganized and lazy they are. And as a last kick in the balls, SE also betrayed the trust of their own costumers by cancelling 3 needed episodes to complete the Story. It's almost as if they've lost the ability to tell a story. That's what was so great about all the other games. Either they really do lack creativity or they are now focusing on making the most profit with cash grabs ala Konami/EA/Activision/Blizzard nowadays.

The Story is a stupidly melodramatic trainwreck.
    I watched FFXV Kingsglaive before playing this game. I thought it was a pretty great setup for the story, and I loved how it tied in with the beginning of the game. I had great expectations and honestly bought the game because of the movie. As you start playing the game, there is a lot of potential for the plot, the characters, and so on. It is as if Square Enix has lost the ability to tell a story.

And in regards to DLC, they are even worse than EA as SquareEnix rips you off with small short DLC for bigger prices. See Rise of the Tomb Raider or Mankind Divided. At least EA DLC many times have substance behind them. They have the worst Season Passes in gaming by far.
    I feel like it’s also important to note that the actual main story quest is insanely short. Skipping the other stuff, this is probably a 15 hour game tops. And them looking at episodic games is just going to end in disaster, with them failing to understand how it works or even how Life is Strange succeeded (okay, they made a great move publishing that game and allowed DONTNOD to go with their vision, but really, EA would have let them do the same thing here).

Magic. Magic feels pointless. Creating spells feels like a dud, crafting spells with items is not explained and not intuitive, the idea that you need to create a random elemental casting spell to get the highest damage is dumb, and I couldn’t even understand who or what was being damaged when spells were cast.
    Equipment. In every single Final Fantasy game, I’ve felt a significant difference when putting on new equipment and new weapons. In this one I have felt absolutely zero impact. Even if I put on a Magitek Suit for another 1000HP which sounds like a lot, the endless dodging, blocking and Hi-Potions and Hi-Elixers make it a totally moot point. In other games there’s very valuable and rewarding items that are usually acquired through difficult quests.

Quests: Now due to the uselessness of the equipment, the quests were just plain stupid. There was not a single quest that was rewarding. The difficulty level for all the dungeons are absurdly low. They are just time consuming, have an easy boss at the end, and do not yield any good weapons or equipment. All the other side-quests too have pointless rewards, are time consuming, and do not add to the story in the slightest. Also, THEY ARE NOT FUN.

The World: Wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle. The Map is huge yet we only get to acess 1/3 of the world map, were SE really so lazy not to finish the entire world map or was is stupidity? The world looks good and beaitiful but there is little to do.

Microtransactions, releasing unfinished games, DLC nickel and diming, franchise whoring, development hell, and then writing off franchises because they failed due to their own actions.

FFXV is a poster child of everything wrong with the industry, big budget AAA games that ship unfinished, lack direction other than its size, and the critics who willingly overlook its flaws because of the brand.
  32. Mar 9, 2018
    An excellent port to an excellent game. Luckily SE decided to drop off their habit of lazy port. But they **** up Chrono Trigger
  33. Mar 16, 2018
    I want to admit right away: I did not like the game in the least. I would also like to admit that it deserves a higher score than 0 (I originally scored it at 6), but when people give this port a 10, because "it is the best that you can get out of this not so good game", all the honest scores just fly out of the window. Now to my complaint with the game. I dread to think what FF15 was likeI want to admit right away: I did not like the game in the least. I would also like to admit that it deserves a higher score than 0 (I originally scored it at 6), but when people give this port a 10, because "it is the best that you can get out of this not so good game", all the honest scores just fly out of the window. Now to my complaint with the game. I dread to think what FF15 was like before the numerous "improvements" and "fixes", because even now:
    The plot is a boring mess that was possibly acceptable for a game that was released 30 years, but by today's standards the writing and pacing are slopping at best.
    The combat is messy and uneven. Half of the time I had difficulties even understanding what was happening as four black clothed figures were trying to hack a group of uniformly colored enemies to pieces. Other times the combat was ending so quickly that I didn't even understand why it needed to be there at all.
    The open world is one of the most boring ones I have ever seen. Empty and dull. But I must say that I might be biased on this one.
    Overall: 6/10 If you like open world games you might score it a bit higher, but it doesn't deserve a 10 under any conditions.
  34. Apr 3, 2018
    Ich weiß nicht ob ich zufrieden sein soll oder nicht . ich hab mich jahrelang auf das Spiel gefreut ... und ja es ist toll aber es ist eben nicht der Meilenstein der FF7 oder 8 damals war.

In Summe überwiegt die Enttäuschung weil das Game so lange in der Entwicklung war ... gott sei dank hab ich die Windows Edition gespielt die enthielt schon alle Verbesserung .. die Basis Version von FF 15 wäre wirklich noch wesentlich schlechter zu bewerten.

Die Story ist gut .. aber kein FF 7 ... und für meinen Geschmack ist sie auch viel zu kurz.... dafür haben sie 99999999999999999 Nebenquests eingefügt.. wie wäre es gewesen nur halb soviele Nebenquests einzufügen aber dafür ne längere Mainquest .. die haben sogar nen 90 min CGI Film gedreht und man hätte sicher noch viel mehr machen können in der mainquest ... sowas kann ich nicht verstehen.

Kampfsystem ist anfangs komisch .. fängt aber nach ner Zeit an zu gefallen. Magie fand ich immer komisch mit dem " Aufsagen " aus den Steinen. Aber ein gelungenerer Teil.

Mit der Welt bin ich auch nicht so arm geworden .. in den alten FF Serien war man es gewohnt nur einen kleinen Teil der Welt erkunden zu können und nach und nach wurde man immer wieder weitergelassen .. hier kann man fast von Anfang an die komplette Welt erkunden ...

Es gibt viele interessanten Charaktere .. die Charaktergruppe hat für mich aber zuviel von einer Boyband ... ich mag sie alle aber zu final fantasy passst so was nicht .. keine tiefen Geheimnisse eines Charakters das herausgefunden werden will .. etc

wenn ihr es noch nicht gespielt habt dann wartet bis alle dlc rauskommen. 2018 sollen noch 4 kommen und wenn dann wirklich die complete edition gibt dann schlagt zu
  35. Apr 25, 2018
    Final Fantasy is officially DEAD. Decent combat, many glitches, story is absolutely TERRIBLE and poorly told (game could have started at Chapter 9), characters are boring and uninteresting, and side quests are HORRIBLE. Seriously, 3 years and it seems no developer has learned from Witcher 3. WE DON'T WANT YOUR BORING FETCH SIDE QUESTS. FEED A CAT AND GAIN A LEVEL. UGH!

Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy XIII started taking the series down, Final Fantasy XIII-2 made it deep into **** and Final Fantasy XV throws an anvil over the ****
  36. Sep 17, 2018
    If you buy this game and want to have a good old final fantasy experience, you WILL be disappointed. If you buy this game for a good RPG game, you WILL also be disappointed. It lacks story telling what so ever. If you play the game but haven't watch the movie, you will be left baffled. Bottom Line... Don't buy it.
  37. Mar 20, 2018
    Very mundane creatively. Huge entourage + friendly fire = no fun. Graphics not even good, blurry to hide the badness. How is this such a big deal.
  38. Jun 4, 2018
    Deception.
    Yet another from a FF title.
    Wtf happened? Where's the fantasy in this final fantasy? Because surely driving 7 minutes, in, and back another 7 to hand in a freaking car repair kit to some random bystander, doesnt feel very epic, nor fun. Wheres the combat system? Where are the sidequests? Appart from fetching wax for Cindy, of course, eveeery time :D. Where is the
    Deception.
    Yet another from a FF title.
    Wtf happened?
    Wheres the combat system?
    Where is the equipment?
    Where is customizing your allies?
    Where is CHOOSING different allies? Ok, more linear story and all, but still, story is poorly put together and character development is non existant. Point apart, random interaction moments between the main characters are awesomely put together. GG, honestly. Keep this, redo everything else.
    What are these english voice overs? At least try... 60euros game HELLO!
    Small and empty open world.
    Boring monster.
    Few different monsters.
    Boring bosses.
    Ultra mega crappy 'stealth' system. God damn that infiltration mission.

The last good FF i've enjoyed was FF Crisis Core. Epic.
    But this... 10 years of wait for this... damn. I got the dlc for 'free' with the royal pc edition, but I certainly aint wasting time on it after being extremely deceived by the main game!
  39. Mar 28, 2018
    If you've played & finished this game on a console, one of the few reasons to bother getting this is to a) use keyboard and mouse b) get more than 30fps of gameplay c) get slightly better textures and detail. After a couple of hours in, I realized that I just really don't want to start all over again after leveling up my 4 base characters in my PS4 account. The gameplay is basically theIf you've played & finished this game on a console, one of the few reasons to bother getting this is to a) use keyboard and mouse b) get more than 30fps of gameplay c) get slightly better textures and detail. After a couple of hours in, I realized that I just really don't want to start all over again after leveling up my 4 base characters in my PS4 account. The gameplay is basically the same with slightly improved graphics and a fluid 60+ fps or higher. But other than that, you can beat most encounters by just holding down the attack button (it's very entertaining to do this in front of friends or family, by beating encounters with one hand on a controller, lol). The game as a whole is great. But like I said earlier, if you've played and finished this all on a console before, there's really no reason to get this again. The game was already pretty to look at via a PS4. On a PC, that "wow factor" due to those 'ultra' graphics settings wear off real quickly. Expand
  40. May 3, 2018
    puntos positivos: buena historia , buenos gráficos, exploración mediana , puntos negativos: el juego completo es muy caro , tiene demasiados dlcs , poca exploración , conclusión: no esta mal
  41. Jul 7, 2018
    Played the demo and wasn't impressed. Got the full game cheap for the sake of having it as a FF fan, and literally cannot get to the main menu to even start the game, stuck on a loading screen from the main game.

What I got from the demo was in line with most complaints of the characters and world in being mundane and empty. This is one for the purists, SE have lost their soul with this and XIV. Cant rate a game more than 0 when I can't even play it, and no I can't be bothered or feel I should have to find a solution, it's not worth it to me.
  42. Apr 1, 2018
    Awesome graphics. Everything else is junk. Combat is a joke... just mash buttons and win. That is not an exaggeration. ZERO CHALLENGE. The story is told with no passion whatsoever. The main characters are annoying and unlovable. Sidequests are menial and repetitive. I'd rather work a desk job than complete them. This game is trying so hard to not be FF13 that it completely overshot in theAwesome graphics. Everything else is junk. Combat is a joke... just mash buttons and win. That is not an exaggeration. ZERO CHALLENGE. The story is told with no passion whatsoever. The main characters are annoying and unlovable. Sidequests are menial and repetitive. I'd rather work a desk job than complete them. This game is trying so hard to not be FF13 that it completely overshot in the other direction. Expand
  43. Mar 23, 2018
    No airship. Open island (not world) for only first third. Rest on rails. Story is derivative—just kill the love interest, that’s worked before. Short. Main story can be finished in less than 20 hours. Side quests nothing more than go kill this or that. Characters are all truly hateable.
  44. Mar 6, 2018
    Hyped up Windows edition with no mouse support. What a joke. No way to zoom in/out, weird movements like my character is drunk (takes forever for him to actually stop moving). Looks great but to me is unplayable without actual mouse/keyboard support. They want me to plug in a controller to my PC to play this? What on earth is the point of that?
  45. Apr 7, 2018
    Unfinished Story and cut off story content was later sold as DLC.
    A weak RPG with a empty world and bad battle-systelm/Leveling System
  46. Mar 27, 2018
    Final Fantasy XV можно охарактеризовать одним словом - пустышка. SquareEnix замахнулись широко, да силушек не хватило видимо, пили эту бедную игру пили и сейчас что то там допиливают, а толку нет. Сюжет 0, геймплей 0, дизайн на трояк и пр. В утиль.Final Fantasy XV можно охарактеризовать одним словом - пустышка. SquareEnix замахнулись широко, да силушек не хватило видимо, пили эту бедную игру пили и сейчас что то там допиливают, а толку нет. Сюжет 0, геймплей 0, дизайн на трояк и пр. В утиль.
  47. Jun 3, 2018
    Empty world, Empty story. Day 1 DLC from original release adding cut out portions of story. Hold down X to win the game. It even has an item that auto dodges. Rushed piece of hot garbage.
  48. Mar 31, 2018
    I put 29 hours into this game and if I could go back in time I would not have bothered. During the first ten hours I really enjoyed the game, but as the incoherent story unfolded and battle mechanics grew boring I lost interest. The final three hours of the campaign were tedious, and I only completed the game as I knew the end was near. Square Enix does provide a digital certificate ofI put 29 hours into this game and if I could go back in time I would not have bothered. During the first ten hours I really enjoyed the game, but as the incoherent story unfolded and battle mechanics grew boring I lost interest. The final three hours of the campaign were tedious, and I only completed the game as I knew the end was near. Square Enix does provide a digital certificate of completion which is well earned if you manage to sit through all the discombobulated cut scenes, and boring boss battles that liter the final eighth of the campaign. Don’t pay full price ($49.99 as of 3/31/2018) as this game is only worth $20-$30.

It ran at 60FPS at 1080 on a AMD R9 390.
  49. Apr 15, 2018
    Final Fanatasy XV is simultaneously one of the shortest and one of the longest Final Fantasy games. The main plot of Final Fantasy XV can be completed in under 20 hours, but with all of its sidequest content, including the end-game dungeons, the game stretches out to as much as 140 hours in length. For reference, if you were to do nothing but play this game, 24 hours a day, it would takeFinal Fanatasy XV is simultaneously one of the shortest and one of the longest Final Fantasy games. The main plot of Final Fantasy XV can be completed in under 20 hours, but with all of its sidequest content, including the end-game dungeons, the game stretches out to as much as 140 hours in length. For reference, if you were to do nothing but play this game, 24 hours a day, it would take you about six days to complete all of that content; if you were to play it for 3 hours an evening, it would take you a month and a half to complete. And yet, the main plot could be comfortably completed within a single weekend, and possibly within a single day, were you truly determined to beat it.

It is a truism that in most open-world games, the core plot of the game is its strongest point, and the side content is largely repetitive nonsense.

Final Fantasy XV differs from most games; the open-world content is actually the game’s strongest point.

But this is not a good thing, as its open-world content is still deeply flawed; it is simply that the main plot is a disaster.

This is a game that was stitched together from parts, and it shows. Fans were eager for Final Fantasy XIII Versus, and when it turned into Final Fantasy XV, they were still eager – even a decade after its initial tease.

But the fact that the game took a decade to create really shows just how large its problems were; indeed, the game we played nearly all dates from after 2012, but it tried to preserve many aspects of Final Fantasy XIII Versus.

It shouldn’t have tried, as the parts which were the holdover from the original version of the game are the worst parts, and don’t fit well with the rest of it.

There's only one way in which the game realy shines - the core gameplay loop, of camping, cooking food, going out and doing content while driving around in your car to get from destination to destination, then calling it a night, cashing in your experience to level up, and looking over the photographs of the day really works well. It creates a sense of a journey, of a road trip, and it works great.

The main cast of characters - Noctis, Gladio, Prompto, and Ignis - work really well together, and feel like genuine comrades.

But the rest of the game is a total mess. The main plot is badly paced, emotionally incoherent, introduces characters who never get any sort of proper payoff, and feels totally disconnected from the open world gameplay, where no one really seems to care about who Prince Noctis is. You don't really build an emotional connection with Lunafreya, Noctis's primary love interest, or his homeland of Insomnia, nor his father, who barely shows up at all, despite all of these things being supposed to impact the player heavily emotionally.

The combat is terrible - the warp strike ability is crushingly overpowered, and can be used to solve virtually every combat encounter in exactly the same way. Your magic spells are overpowered as well, and the fact that you can use items at any time means that even if you do somehow go down, you won't be staying down - after all, you've got hundreds of items to keep you and your allies on their feet. There is pretty good enemy variety, but it just doesn't matter because you can win every encounter without varying your strategy significantly - all but two or three post-game bosses can be solved in the exact same way.

The core plot is terrible, the combat is terrible, and the sidequests are mostly terrible. The game has some interesting ideas, but it executes them very poorly, and its emotional notes don’t work at all. The game is enormously long, but is mostly just repetitive, and I regret spending so much of my free time on it – I could have done so many more interesting things with my time, but I kept trying to push on, trying to find the fun, because I wanted to like the game.

But I just couldn’t. The game just never comes together.

At the start of the game, the characters run out of gas, and push their car to the gas station, while “Stand By Me” plays in the background. This is an excellent character and tone defining moment, and it starts the game off quite strong. I wanted to love this game – this game about four friends working together.

But I can’t stand by Square on this one.
  50. Sep 21, 2018
    A high quality and high budget Final Fantasy title, there's no doubt FFXV is a guaranteed triple A video game; but sadly, it's unoptimized and offers rather boring game play mechanics, writing, acting and lore.
  51. Jan 7, 2019
    Played all FF-s before this. This game is just a masterpiece.
    Everything in this game screams high quality!
    Played all FF-s before this. This game is just a masterpiece.
    Everything in this game screams high quality!

From amazing soundtrack, Japanese voice over (so much better than English one), gameplay, motion capture, mindboggling graphics, level of polish, characters that grow on you and you really are interested in ther reactions at the end of the game... And most importantly story! At first i was sceptical about this "boy band" but after some time you realize there is so much depth in them especially in latter part of the game!

Just play this game and dont judge the book by its cover ;) You will thoroughly enjoy it and you will be sorry that this camp trip adventure is over when you finish it..
  52. Feb 15, 2019
    If you have time to enjoy a story driven game with beautiful graphics, animations, and deep combat I whole heartedly recommend FFXV. Maybe for a bit beefier computers, i will update this post to how it runs when i upgrade my processor in march. Seriously recommended game.
  53. May 6, 2018
    The expansive world is nice, the story is alright, the graphics are awesome, but the combat really killed the game. I understand that transitioning from a more menu style system to action system is tough, but it is just so bad I really can't overlook it. You can actually beat the entire game by stocking up on healing items before every "boss" fight and mashing the attack button/justThe expansive world is nice, the story is alright, the graphics are awesome, but the combat really killed the game. I understand that transitioning from a more menu style system to action system is tough, but it is just so bad I really can't overlook it. You can actually beat the entire game by stocking up on healing items before every "boss" fight and mashing the attack button/just healing any time you go down. This kind of took out alot of the fun since there was basically no challenge, I still finished the main story, but that lack of excitement when fighting an enemy left little reason to continue playing afterwards Expand
  54. May 22, 2018
    Un juego hermoso lleno de problemas , problemas de rendimiento y un soporte para pc pobre,
  55. May 28, 2018
    One of the best looking PC-Games to date. It's pretty well ported, with a few flaws.
    The story isn't the best in the series, but it's still good.
    The openworld is beautiful, but sometimes it feels unfinished.
    The music is amazing, as usual.
  56. Oct 7, 2018
    PUNTOS A FAVOR:

- Buen sistema de combate, sencillo pero adictivo. - Gran sistema de progresión y sensación de ir mejorando. - Gran número de parámetros, estadísticas y equipo que influye en la partida. - Acabado visual con muy buen gusto, con algunas localizaciones sorprendentes e impactantes. - Apartado sonoro excelente, con especial mención a ciertas piezas musicales. -
    PUNTOS A FAVOR:

- Buen sistema de combate, sencillo pero adictivo.
    - Gran sistema de progresión y sensación de ir mejorando.
    - Gran número de parámetros, estadísticas y equipo que influye en la partida.
    - Apartado sonoro excelente, con especial mención a ciertas piezas musicales.
    - Personajes principales con gran carisma, pero totalmente desaprovechados a raíz de la trama.
    - Variedad enorme de monstruos y enemigos y un diseño de los mismos espectacular.
    - Gran número de añadidos en forma de minijuegos, batidas de caza, zonas secretas y en definitiva bastantes cosas que hacer.
    - Funcionamiento correcto en PC. Algunos problemas de rendimiento en determinadas zonas, pero buen port en general.

PUNTOS EN CONTRA:

- Hilo argumental muy muy pobre, al igual que la narrativa.
    - Capítulos muy descompensados y algunos aburridos en un tramo final de historia totalmente atropellado.
    - Misiones secundarias de relleno y de recadero. Insufribles.
    - El antagonista deja bastante que desear, así como la contextualización de todo lo que ocurre.
    - En un juego en el que debería primar la narrativa, el mundo abierto le resta gran parte de la intensidad.
    - Pésimo uso de las invocaciones.
    - El sistema de magia es totalmente prescindible para avanzar en el juego.
    - La cámara es simplemente nefasta. A veces no sabes ni donde está el personaje o qué está pasando en los combates.

CONCLUSIÓN:

Estamos ante un muy buen juego en casi todos sus aspectos, divertido a nivel jugable y bastante adictivo. Pero el nombre que lleva es "Final Fantasy", y esto le obliga a contarnos algo épico, algo que trascienda y algo que emocione, y para mi este juego no cumple con esto. El esqueleto es magnífico, pero le falta la parte más importante, el alma. En condiciones normales un juego como este tendría una nota más alta, pero considero que este factor es tan importante en este tipo de juegos que su carencia repercute mucho en su valoración final. A pesar de todo merece la pena jugarlo, pero me deja la sensación de oportunidad desaprovechada.

NOTA: 7
  57. Oct 10, 2018
    I watched the movie and some recaps of the anime series to get deep into the story and lore, this was an awesome adventure, its an original and awesome game, one of the best games I have ever played. Not a perfect game, but for me this was a deep emotional adventure, so for that alone this game gets a 10.
  58. Oct 13, 2018
    Redeeming things I can say about this game: it's visually absolutely stunning & I loved the recipes and photos, so one point for each of these.

Now on to the problems. The characters are as stereotypical as the dialogue (with a few notable conversations being the exception). The story is predictable, no exciting twists or surprises. The only time I experienced a modicum of intrigue was during Episode Prompto. The sidequests are repetitive.
    Speaking of sidequests, I love animals so no, I don't want to watch in horror as an item for some messed up reason couldn't be picked up unless you first butchered - there's no other word for it, giraffe-like animals and their young. For that same reason Noctis' hobby stayed at a nice level one. I'd have been happy to level up origami. Later on, the game punishes you for not wanting to fish by making you cough up twenty thousand gil for a can of cat food.
    Then the cherry on the cake, rampant sexism. The four main characters are male, the rulers are male (Noctis' mother is absent, maybe he simply popped out of Regis' head à la Athena). The main and minor villains are male and the generals are male. Even the ancestors you use to create your avatar are all male. Lunafreya doesn't do anything except die to protect Noctis, Aranea, the one prominent female fighter, wears armor that shows a bare midriff and acts like a push up bra. Curiously, Cor isn't dressed like He-Man. She is also the only character that gets her head slammed brutally into the ground during a fight. Cindy, a mechanic, is dressed as if she's posing for a tire calendar, with complementary camera angles.

As for the minor problems, you don't market your game as a road trip and then make driving a pain. Fast travel was available for destinations 1 minute away yet not for some destinations much further away, resulting in being forced to watch up to seven real-time minutes of Ignis driving around.
    I looked forward to driving through nightly landscapes but couldn't because of the game's we-don't-want-you-to-drive-at-night-so-we-will-kill-you-with-daemons-more-than-4-times-your-level shtick. This pissed me off to the point I ditched the car and fled by chocobo, getting a plethora of big fat D's on my report cards. The moment I was high level enough to take them out, I went back to the starter area, got in the car and killed all the daemons so I could finally enjoyed my blissfully calm nighttime drives.
    In Insomnia at the end you could only travel to your most recent rest point, forcing you to keep the run key pressed until your finger goes numb as is there is no autorun, all because some photo you had to take was all the way in a corner of the map you couldn't get to before because you had no master key.
    As for music while driving the car, there was no way to select the song you liked best out of of a menu and put it on repeat.

I'm sad to say this game was a disappointment.
  59. Oct 27, 2018
    Final Fantasy XV is one of the greatest RPGs I've ever played. The story is incredible and the game is both immersive and engaging. Although, I'd like to recommend a few things to you, to improve your experience. First, ignore all the side-content. Leveling up and defeating any or all of the hunts is both not fun and a waste of time. Doing any of the side content removes you from theFinal Fantasy XV is one of the greatest RPGs I've ever played. The story is incredible and the game is both immersive and engaging. Although, I'd like to recommend a few things to you, to improve your experience. First, ignore all the side-content. Leveling up and defeating any or all of the hunts is both not fun and a waste of time. Doing any of the side content removes you from the actual amazing story. You will never be under-leveled. (Sidebar: sometimes a side-quest will come up asking if you want to take a group photo or something like this - go ahead and do this. Just ignore the quest givers.) Second, ignore the magic system, sell all of your items and only purchase new weapons and restorative items. If you do both of these things, you'll complete the game in about 20 hours and have an incredible time. If you do all the side content and other nonsense; you'll probably find the game boring and repetitive. Expand
  60. Nov 5, 2018
    продукт на который у меня stoyak.
    ahuennost' на уровне онимэ (ebal её маму рот)
    советую epta
  61. Nov 18, 2018
    Square Enix sold a Season Pass that promised 6 DLC. They delivered one and then cancelled the rest. Yet they continue to *sell a Season Pass that still promises 6 DLC*. Their interpretation of consumer protection laws suggests they do not understand how easily the Class Action suit is going to be decided. The game itself is ok, but not great (6/10) with boring damage sponge enemies andSquare Enix sold a Season Pass that promised 6 DLC. They delivered one and then cancelled the rest. Yet they continue to *sell a Season Pass that still promises 6 DLC*. Their interpretation of consumer protection laws suggests they do not understand how easily the Class Action suit is going to be decided. The game itself is ok, but not great (6/10) with boring damage sponge enemies and long periods of just driving around. However with the broken promises and impending lawsuit(s), the score must reflect the entire experience. Expand
  62. Nov 22, 2018
    La historia consigue engancharte desde el principio y consigue emocionarte. Posiblemente uno de los mejores ports que he visto en PC. En esta versión de pc viene con varios añadidos y gráficamente cumple de sobra. Otro aspecto positivo a destacar es la banda sonora simplemente épica.

Como aspectos negativos el sistema de combate me pareció demasiado fácil, el coche se puede hacer tedioso a veces, el sistema de magia no vale para nada, y las invocaciones tampoco tienen gran relevancia.
  63. Nov 27, 2018
    This is one of the best games I've played this year 2018. It's a complete imersive gameplay, stunning graphics and a very enjoyable atmosphere. I say that and I am not a fan of the FF franschising. Worth any penny spent. Loving IT!!!
  64. Jan 9, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very cool. Why are you reading this just crack the game and play it. That's all i have to say about this game just play it. It will take about 30 + to finish the game but it's awsome. Expand
  65. Feb 9, 2019
    The best quality of Final Fantasy XV hits the PC. The graphics are just outstanding! And the additional content is excellent. More hours of gameplay!
  66. Feb 24, 2019
    I LOVE this game so much! Addictive, side quests are interesting and I love doing them. Combat system is just working. Graphics is outstanding. I give 9 out of 10 because I can't find my fallen brother's dog tag. Please find me and bring me back 400 times. The Terra Wars event mission was so awesome. I just fallen in love with Sarah :D Just kidding but honestly her appearance was soI LOVE this game so much! Addictive, side quests are interesting and I love doing them. Combat system is just working. Graphics is outstanding. I give 9 out of 10 because I can't find my fallen brother's dog tag. Please find me and bring me back 400 times. The Terra Wars event mission was so awesome. I just fallen in love with Sarah :D Just kidding but honestly her appearance was so perfect. The characters are well made. Iris is cute and I love her, Cindy is sexy and badass and cool, the quartet are so cool. I would lovely recommend to anyone who love JRPG games to play with this title! Expand
  67. Mar 17, 2019
    Final Fantasy XV самая слабая игра из всей серии. Отвратительный подбор героев (в партии нет женщин, orly?), очень слабая боевая система, скучные квесты и история. Небольшой похвалы заслуживает только графика. Не советую.
  68. Mar 28, 2019
    The game is clearly unfinished, even with DLC. A hallmark of the game is the camping, cooking, driving the car around... all of that is gone about halfway through. The rest of the game doesn't really have towns or driving, any of that. The first half is well thought out, well conceived, polished, clearly complete, the latter half is not.
  69. Mar 28, 2019
    It's a nice game, by itself it would be an 8, but for a Final Fantasy, It's a 7.
    The world is uninspired. Lots of desert.. a fake Venice (seriosuly???).. an endless train ride...
    With the power of creating a world from scratch, anything you can imagine, this is the best they could come up with? I understand they wanted to make this chapter more realistic and closer to our real world. I like the idea, but they lacked imagination. I guess this is what you get with a full open world... Less detail.
    The combat system is a lot of spam action, the strategy of the old turn-based system is mostly gone.
    In short, this is an overall solid game but it's missing the magic, uniqueness and emotional involvement that I haven't felt now since FFX.
  70. May 18, 2019
    Unfinished game.
    The characters are a delight to watch.
    Openworld is great
    Combat is just... There. 0 depth, 0 strategy. Have fun holding the same button for the whole game.
    Story is ass.
    10/10 ambiance.
    Music is pure bliss.
    If the quality of the first half of the game carried over to the other then this would be an easy 10 overall.
  71. Apr 22, 2019
    God this game could have been so good, it was all there big open world. All the sidequests are the same basically except for the behemoth one eye which every side quest should have been like. You know like witcher 3. I really got into the characters but the leveling system is so screwed you have to use the nixperience bracelet for the rest of the game 10 hours in or you will beGod this game could have been so good, it was all there big open world. All the sidequests are the same basically except for the behemoth one eye which every side quest should have been like. You know like witcher 3. I really got into the characters but the leveling system is so screwed you have to use the nixperience bracelet for the rest of the game 10 hours in or you will be overlevelled for the next 100 hours. It could have been so great. I really enjoy the main story, but the main story really is so short, the sidequests could have added to the whole. The side quests are mind numbing fetch/kill quests. The combat was really fun but that levelling thing sort messes with that as well. Had they just put in the time to fill out the world they made it could have been a masterpiece. I mean they could have at least done NPC quests to give flavor to each one, i know there are DLC of them but that is after the main story. After I was done I didnt want to do the DLC or even go back, you will understand if you play. IF you are really into it, do EVERY sidequest before chapter 9, story wise it makes more sense. It could have been a true masterpiece had they just crafted the game that was already there, its sad really, a waste of such potential. The music really gets you into it and sticks with you, the car cruises, if it was heading toward masterful quests which built the world up well that would have been absolutely brilliant. It could have been something never to forget, could have been. Expand
  72. Apr 25, 2019
    El juego de "qué pena si...". Un juego que con su caótico desarrollo se quedó en mediocre. Mala narrativa para una buena historia. Malos personajes pero un gran villano. Buena base de sistema de combate pero sin completar. Interesante postgame pero a medias. Y así con todo. Lo peor: el declive a MMO que lleva la saga con esas side-quest de coger sapos que aburren hasta al amante de FFXIII.El juego de "qué pena si...". Un juego que con su caótico desarrollo se quedó en mediocre. Mala narrativa para una buena historia. Malos personajes pero un gran villano. Buena base de sistema de combate pero sin completar. Interesante postgame pero a medias. Y así con todo. Lo peor: el declive a MMO que lleva la saga con esas side-quest de coger sapos que aburren hasta al amante de FFXIII. Además, desde la salida de Breath of the Wild, a cualquier juego de mundo abierto se le ve la falta de libertad y se cae esa falsa ilusión de mundo abierto. Expand
  73. Jun 23, 2019
    This game is like the Duke Nukem Forever of the Final Fantasy franchise. 10 years in development and when it finally comes out - it's a turd. Let's start with something really obvious - the game is incredibly poorly optimized. I had all the settings on average with an i7 CPU and a GPU that's about 4x as powerful as a PS4 Pro and I was getting stuttering. Why? Well, it's because the gameThis game is like the Duke Nukem Forever of the Final Fantasy franchise. 10 years in development and when it finally comes out - it's a turd. Let's start with something really obvious - the game is incredibly poorly optimized. I had all the settings on average with an i7 CPU and a GPU that's about 4x as powerful as a PS4 Pro and I was getting stuttering. Why? Well, it's because the game was just not utitlizing any of the 8GB of VRAM I have and putting everything on the CPU and system RAM. [Facepalm]
    The game itself also has some terrible design choices. Moving further and further from what made the series decent in the combat department (FF I-X), the real time combat is terrible. Hold a button to block/dodge (sporadically doesn't work, either) and then hold another button to continuously combo attack. I would have preferred something even closer to Kingdom Hearts I combat. Instead we get this mess; and to top it all off, the camera is atrocious. A few of the first missions have you spelunking a bit and the tight corridors when you fight these monsters are godawful and you will quickly lose track of what is going on with combat when the enemies move around the arena.
    Finally, the world is just too big. I'l actually go ahead and say it - I miss the random battles. It was at least something to do instead of driving around (or auto-driving, as the case is with this game) staring at the screen for 3+ minutes at a time while you wait to get to the next area. It might not even be so bad, since you get a car right at the start, but the driving is so terrible and basically on rails, it would have been better just to only include auto-drive and be done with it. Hell, break the 'immersion' and just give me fast travel. I'll take anything over the extreme boredom that the driving parts induce.
    The only positive I can really include is that the story seemed like it may have been interesting. It's too bad actually trying to play the game got in the way.

1. Sep 18, 2018
    Final Fantasy XV may not feel like an older game from the franchise, but that doesn't mean it's bad. I grew up with the older Final Fantasy game and while XV is different, that doesn't make it a bad game in the franchise. I enjoyed my time spent in game and look forward to doing more.
  2. May 23, 2018
    While FFXV is at times engrossing and beautiful, it can also feel like a pretty, hollow shell. The last quarter of the game feels rushed, as if the developers had to wrap things up under pressure, and that's after waiting over a decade for this to come out. While it is not the stellar titan we hoped for, it's certainly Final Fantasy, and we can all be thankful for that.
  3. Apr 3, 2018
    The PC port of Final Fantasy 15 is a monster regarding scope, but the gameplay isn't on par with older series milestones.