- Publisher: Ubisoft
- Release Date: Oct 1, 2013
- Also On: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
20 years after the original games launch, Conrad is enlisted back to active service for the triumphant return of one of the most acclaimed franchises in gaming history. It is Flashback re-imagined. The original Core-Team revamped their own creation, leveraging the best of todays technology20 years after the original games launch, Conrad is enlisted back to active service for the triumphant return of one of the most acclaimed franchises in gaming history. It is Flashback re-imagined. The original Core-Team revamped their own creation, leveraging the best of todays technology while remaining true to the classic side-scroller that set the standards of the genre in the 90s
- Gorgeous graphics, amazing animations. Its the Flashback youve always dreamed of. True to the original spirit but made a million times better by using modern engines such as Unreal and Havok. The makeover is completely stunning.
- Modernized gameplay mechanics make the game more reactive bring a balance between rolling and shooting, exploration.
- The story was revamped to speak to 21st century gamers. Most of the cast of the original game is still here Conrad, the Morphs but you can expect new characters and a few twists youre definitely not going to forget.… Expand
- Developer: Ubisoft
- Genre(s): Action, Platformer, Platformer, 2D, 2D
- # of players: No Online Multiplayer
- Cheats: On GameFAQs
- More Details and Credits »
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Flashback - Announcement Trailer
Positive: 0 out of 1
Mixed: 1 out of 1
Negative: 0 out of 1
Oct 31, 2013By packaging the original Flashback: The Quest for Identity, the developers made a huge mistake – because it makes the remake look even worse than it is.
Positive: 8 out of 17
Mixed: 2 out of 17
Negative: 7 out of 17
Oct 2, 2013I don't get what the issue is with some of the reviewers, whether they're hipsters or racists. This is developed by the original FlashbackI don't get what the issue is with some of the reviewers, whether they're hipsters or racists. This is developed by the original Flashback development team, and they did a really good job of modernising it. It's meant to be the kind of game you can sit a kid down with, who's used to contemporary game mechanics, and show them why you liked this game as much as you did.
The story, the setting, and everything important is still the same. I can't understand why people would hate the graphics unless, again, they're being racist about how admittedly French Conrad looks and sounds, but this was a game developed in France, so big surprise there. The graphics serve their purpose they're colourful, vibrant, and the enemies stand out.
Maybe people were expecting the original Flashback in its exact form but with higher resolutions and anti-aliasing? Sort of like Another World's (Out of this World's) Anniversary Edition? Personally, I prefer the updated look of Flashback because, once again, it's a great way to introduce a younger generation to a great game, a game which feels every bit as rotoscoped and well animated as it ever did, as fun as it ever did.
Maybe it's because they have memories of Flashback being hardcore or whatever? Well, I recently played the original Flashback and I can tell you that it's as easy as I remember it being, I guess I'm just not terrible at games. This Flashback and the old Flashback have a very similar difficulty curve, and there are difficulty settings you can choose from. I'm baffled by people who believe that Flashback was a hard game you can even pick to play the original game from the title menu. It really wasn't a hard game.
I am inclined to call both hipster and racist though on the people who hated this. Take a look at the negative review by Weilard and tell me you don't see it.
It's upsetting that racism and hipster angst will actually see this game hurting when it comes to reviews, and I'm not sure whether the critics themselves are immune to this, either. Yes, it's a French game with a French hero. So? It's not elite and hardcore. So? Neither was the original Flashback! Rose-tinted glasses much?
So yeah. Please don't take the negative reviews at face value.… Expand
Oct 1, 2013As good as i expected. Critics have a lot of respect for Flashback and demand more. This game is good and you will enjoy it. But the criticsAs good as i expected. Critics have a lot of respect for Flashback and demand more. This game is good and you will enjoy it. But the critics wanted a swan song for the current generation.
A polished and enjoyable title.… Expand
Oct 1, 201320 years ago..i played one of the best game on Megadrive..cant forget it at all
great atmosphere and story and alot of memories honestly..now20 years ago..i played one of the best game on Megadrive..cant forget it at all
great atmosphere and story and alot of memories honestly..now its Back in HD
..was it good? with all these bad reviews for this game..i know it has some problems in
Consoles ..like weired death and buggy and animation and voice ..etc..some of bugs r
gone already on PC version..the dialog voice is cheap and honestly..but i didint care alot
i cared playing this game without knowing anything about the story..just wanted to get back
to my old memories and fun with the original game..this remake is good ..its HD
great visuals ..great Atmosphere..good music...yes Easy boss and buggy sometimes
but its good..play it… Expand
Sep 21, 2014If you don't mind setting up a UPlay account and playing through two levels of DRM, Flashback is not a bad platformer. The game has goodIf you don't mind setting up a UPlay account and playing through two levels of DRM, Flashback is not a bad platformer. The game has good graphics and some entertaining segments but a meaningless plot, hammy voice acting and an unlikeable protagonist. To me, this means it'll never be anything more than an "okay" game.… Expand
Oct 1, 2013Strange but reviewers with high rates of game do not talking about some facts like:
- Game FB (2013) and FB (1992) used principally differentStrange but reviewers with high rates of game do not talking about some facts like:
- Game FB (2013) and FB (1992) used principally different game-mechanics. That is why old FB looks like adventure with a tactical battles, and FB of 2013 looks like a simple arcade where always working "my life bigger that yours". In all other cases working "anyway i saw here med-block". This is normal for arcade, but this not enough for shoot-title like Flashback.
- Game have no memorable Art Style. You can remember how many of gamers day by day told each other about beautiful images of levels and about gorgeous cut-scenes of original game. Here we can see good image of game, but is not enough to say "It's true! He's back! This is FB but in HD!"
- Game have no more smooth movements of hero (that is why in old times this type of games have a name cinematic platformers). Animation looks raw, have many bugs, including the moments which can be fatal for the player (dead, freeze). Many twitches, no smooth transactions between base movements.
- Game have a very casual balance even on hard-mode, and also game love to explain all that you will see in the game via text (even if you turn off help messages). You not need eyes, you can read. "Warning! It's electricity you can make yourself hurt!" or "Warning! This is a bird! This is no danger for you!". Messages of this type is normal for this game. Of course you can't understand that sparks can be dangerous. Sure.
- Instead "man-in-problem" we receive daft-headed-gull which happy commented each action. This is good for comedy game, or for game with specific sense of humor, for Nathan Drake for example, but not for Conrad B. Hart.
Maybe this game looks more fashionable than old Flashback. Maybe this type of hero with a face of Commando and brick-humor be better for sales (I don't know what think people who did this). Action of game can be explained with short "bam-boom-bam" slogan.
But, serious, in what piece of game this is return of the legend? If game was a different name... you can recall her tomorrow, like a legend? And some people have insolence to confirm that this "our old love, but in HD"? This is a good market name. And this is just a speculation. On your love. On my love. On our feelings.
Nevertheless. The game has some positive points. For example, moving the leaves in the jungle. And also... more honestly. I try to find positive things. But I can't. It's just a game. And in any case, not a continuation Flashback. Probably somebody made mistake and confused game boxes?
You not need to believe me on my word. Check videos. Read hundred reviews. Hear gamers. If you not play in Flashback before... play in old game before play this game. Because otherwise you may misinterpret the term a legend.… Expand
Dec 30, 2016Ruined the very first moment of gameplay with changed controls. WHAT THE Fhhhhhh?!? Why? I learned the original controls in 3-4 jumps on 2Ruined the very first moment of gameplay with changed controls. WHAT THE Fhhhhhh?!? Why? I learned the original controls in 3-4 jumps on 2 platforms... + the character looks awful, this is not Conrad, but some young punk. Why would he be even handsome???… Expand
Dec 8, 2014This game is a big disappointment. I had a bad feeling about the game when I watched the videos of the Alpha version. Stupid A.I. Cover-logicThis game is a big disappointment. I had a bad feeling about the game when I watched the videos of the Alpha version. Stupid A.I. Cover-logic haven't even been implemented. Environment is cramped. You can't interact with most part of the world. ETC..
Just gave up playing it. Not even close to JA2.
This game is literal #%@$!!!… Expand
- (1 view)